PDA

View Full Version : Winter Transfer Despair and Bafflement.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

McNamara That Ghost...
01-11-2017, 08:13 PM
Here we go. :bow:

Buy all the players. :bow:

Or let it pass us by.

Niall_Quinn
01-11-2017, 08:13 PM
Wenger Out!

Özim
01-11-2017, 08:15 PM
You may as well close it now, we'll most likely sign noone, all the usual reasons, noone available, injured players like new signings etc etc

Özim
01-11-2017, 08:15 PM
Wenger Out!

:goodpost:

Cripps
01-11-2017, 08:33 PM
Have £96m bid for arda turan accepted then withdraw the offer 5 minutes later.

McNamara That Ghost...
01-11-2017, 08:37 PM
You may as well close it now, we'll most likely sign noone, all the usual reasons, noone available, injured players like new signings etc etc

It'll be filled with the Mesut and Alexis updates.

McNamara That Ghost...
01-11-2017, 08:38 PM
Have £96m bid for arda turan accepted then withdraw the offer 5 minutes later.

That'd be the right decision in the end.

Özim
01-11-2017, 08:51 PM
It'll be filled with the Mesut and Alexis updates.

Yeah not sure anyone will have the stupidity to sign them in January despite us wanting to sell. They may as wait until the summer.

Cripps
01-11-2017, 09:00 PM
I'd sell ozil for a packet of crisps

McNamara That Ghost...
01-11-2017, 09:52 PM
Any flavour?

I wouldn't for cheese and onion.

Master Splinter
01-11-2017, 09:59 PM
I'd sell him for some cheesy Wotsits.

Which are the worst thing since Wenger.

Özim
01-11-2017, 10:02 PM
I'd sell him for some cheesy Wotsits.

Which are the worst thing since Wenger.

Cheesy wotsits were around before anyone ever heard about Wenger.

Cripps
01-11-2017, 10:25 PM
Monster munch > wotsits

Niall_Quinn
01-11-2017, 10:54 PM
Monster munch > wotsits

For sure.

But what's happened to the original flavour? I can only ever get pickled onion which is okay, but not a patch on the original. Sometimes, when I get bored of pickled onion (because it's all I can get), I buy Frazzles instead. Frazzles are pure quality and have retained that quality over the years, even though the fucking cunts made the bag smaller.

Cripps
01-11-2017, 10:58 PM
Flamin' hot is the one

Someone had nik naks in the office the other day. Haven't had a pack of them bad boys for years.

Niall_Quinn
01-11-2017, 11:01 PM
Flamin' hot is the one

Someone had nik naks in the office the other day. Haven't had a pack of them bad boys for years.

Fabulous, but they got all over your fingers and you could never get that shit off.

What were those other ones, Something Crunch? Good solid bites, generous sized pack that was filled with product rather than air. Reasonable price. Wheat crunchies? Something like that? Brilliant.

Although I got fed up of them in the end. But it would be nostalgic to try some now.

Cripps
01-11-2017, 11:09 PM
Fabulous, but they got all over your fingers and you could never get that shit off.

You'd have to suck your fingers in public which looks a bit gay

Unless you're that Herbert geezer. He's into that kinda shit.

Niall_Quinn
01-11-2017, 11:15 PM

I didn't mind being gay because I was in the rugby squad.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
01-11-2017, 11:36 PM

There’s no need to be unpleasant just because I questioned your parentage and impugned your mother’s honour

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
01-11-2017, 11:37 PM
I didn't mind being gay because I was in the rugby squad.

Horseplay in the showers was it?

Cripps
01-11-2017, 11:48 PM
You need serious help:blink:

Bumble
02-11-2017, 01:44 PM
wheat crunchies, monster munch, frazzles all top quality crisps. agree why its so difficult to get roast beef flavour in 6 packs. very odd.

we wont sign anyone and no one will really care that much.

Letters
02-11-2017, 01:51 PM
Tbh, I used to love beef Monster Munch, then I think they stopped doing them.
Then they started again so I tried some and...they're not the same :(.
Wenger Out :angry:

Letters
02-11-2017, 01:51 PM
:goodpost:

:pointandlaugh:

Letters
02-11-2017, 01:52 PM
:pointandlaugh:

:lol: Balls.

<_<

Letters
02-11-2017, 01:53 PM
For sure.

But what's happened to the original flavour? I can only ever get pickled onion which is okay, but not a patch on the original. Sometimes, when I get bored of pickled onion (because it's all I can get), I buy Frazzles instead. Frazzles are pure quality and have retained that quality over the years, even though the fucking cunts made the bag smaller.

Sainsbury's Frazzles rip-off are your friend.

:dance:

Niall_Quinn
02-11-2017, 01:59 PM
Sainsbury's Frazzles rip-off are your friend.

:dance:

Jew shop

Letters
02-11-2017, 02:00 PM
Jew shop

Yes I do.

Niall_Quinn
02-11-2017, 02:02 PM
FUNEX

Marc Overmars
02-11-2017, 02:25 PM
Anyone remember Discos?

Used to be addicted to them growing up. The ridiculous amount of flavouring they'd use. :cloud9:

Letters
02-11-2017, 02:38 PM
The ridiculous amount of flavouring they'd use. :cloud9:
That's where the Sainsbury's Frazzle clone win. They are so crazily strong. Can't be good for you.
:bow:

GP
02-11-2017, 02:53 PM
FUNEX

S VFX

selassie
02-11-2017, 03:37 PM
Anyone remember Discos?

Used to be addicted to them growing up. The ridiculous amount of flavouring they'd use. :cloud9:

You can still get these beauties in Poundland or Poundworld. I bought a multi-pack the other week for my kids and ended up munching my way through the packet. :cloud9:

Niall_Quinn
02-11-2017, 03:38 PM
S VFX

NE M

Cripps
02-11-2017, 04:02 PM
Barbeque popchips are also good

The flavour on them are insane :bow:

Niall_Quinn
03-11-2017, 10:15 AM
Wenger talks about our replacement for Ozil and Alexis.

“In my head, he’s more a little bit higher up [the field], I see him more a player who can affect the game in the final third than a player who is a box-to-box player.

“He’s a little bit in conflict in this position with Ozil and Sanchez.

“I believe he can as well play in midfield in a 4-2-3-1, he can play midfield in a 4-3-3. In the system we play, I see him a bit more advanced.”

Yep. Our new Ozlexis star player scores once every 15 games and assists once every 7. Looking forward to next season, for sure.

This should complete the destruction of what could have been a serious English talent.

Wenger :bow:

Niall_Quinn
07-11-2017, 10:42 PM
Arsenal's hopes of signing Arda Turan have been boosted after the Turkish midfielder, Aleix Vidal and Thomas Vermaelen were told they have no future at Barcelona and will be available for transfer in January...

Not *the* Vidal btw.

Turan? No thanks. I wonder about Tommy though. Is he better than the shite we already have? Should we literally go backwards to try to move forwards?

Probably not.

Cripps
08-11-2017, 01:37 PM
We're keen on ozyakup apparently to replace ozil :lol:

The guy we sold a few years :lol:

Bargain hunting :bow:

http://metro.co.uk/2017/11/07/arsenal-eye-10million-transfer-of-oguzhan-ozyakup-as-mesut-ozil-replacement-7059308/

Özim
08-11-2017, 04:23 PM
We're keen on ozyakup apparently to replace ozil :lol:

The guy we sold a few years :lol:

Bargain hunting :bow:

http://metro.co.uk/2017/11/07/arsenal-eye-10million-transfer-of-oguzhan-ozyakup-as-mesut-ozil-replacement-7059308/

This would be quite something, losing a 42 million player for free, then spending 9.6 million more than we got for a player we sold years ago.

That would effectively mean that filling positon in the team would have cost 51.6 million. Wenger :bow:

Niall_Quinn
08-11-2017, 04:26 PM
This would be quite something, losing a 42 million player for free, then spending 9.6 million more than we got for a player we sold years ago.

That would effectively mean that filling positon in the team would have cost 51.6 million. Wenger :bow:

Don't be so quick to mock. Perhaps this is a clever form of money laundering?

Niall_Quinn
08-11-2017, 04:27 PM
Also, Fellaini might be available as well. You know. Crazed bid?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
08-11-2017, 04:34 PM
Crazed being the operative word

Letters
08-11-2017, 04:38 PM

And you say he never likes spending money...

dostoy
08-11-2017, 05:10 PM
It seems to me that some of the so called experts like Petit, Merson, Wright, Dixon etc all wanted Wenger to stay in the summer and now all of them seemingly want him out.

There are people on here and people not on here that have wanted Wenger out for many years and cannot believe he is still in the job.

I don't care about the Arsenal matches any more although I really do believe that lots of heavy defeats would get Wenger out next summer, but that won't happen.

We can rant and rave as much as we like, some more than others, but Wenger will be here for many years yet and not just another 18 months of his contract.

He loves the Arsenal job he has and the board love him enormously, and they don't care what the fans think.

How is all of this going to change, seriously ?

Niall_Quinn
08-11-2017, 05:28 PM
It seems to me that some of the so called experts like Petit, Merson, Wright, Dixon etc all wanted Wenger to stay in the summer and now all of them seemingly want him out.

There are people on here and people not on here that have wanted Wenger out for many years and cannot believe he is still in the job.

I don't care about the Arsenal matches any more although I really do believe that lots of heavy defeats would get Wenger out next summer, but that won't happen.

We can rant and rave as much as we like, some more than others, but Wenger will be here for many years yet and not just another 18 months of his contract.

He loves the Arsenal job he has and the board love him enormously, and they don't care what the fans think.

This is how they'll finally break the fans. They'll just outlast them.

Cripps
08-11-2017, 05:40 PM

The only way now is to hit them commercially, so boycott games + merchandise. They only operate via money so that's how you have to get to them to make them understand.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-11-2017, 05:44 PM
They still won't give a shit. Worth a try though I guess.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
08-11-2017, 06:05 PM

Wright never backed him to stay and neither did Merson

Özim
08-11-2017, 06:05 PM
They still won't give a shit. Worth a try though I guess.

If profits fall you can be sure they'll take notice, money is the only think they care about. Fans need to boycott games, stop buying merchandise ideally, realistically the boycotting will never happen, so then I guess mass demonstrations at games to make the atmosphere unbearable, it won't affedct Kroenke but Wenger might call it a day (don't hold your breath though, the guy gives an entirely new meaning to the word stubborn).

Özim
08-11-2017, 06:06 PM
Wright never backed him to stay and neither did Merson

Not sure if Petit or Dixon did either to be honest, Petit had been quite critical from memory. Keown is the one really staunch Wenger supporter, the guy deflects all the blame away from Wenger and seems to aim it all at Ozil.

Power n Glory
08-11-2017, 06:16 PM
Not sure if Petit or Dixon did either to be honest, Petit had been quite critical from memory. Keown is the one really staunch Wenger supporter, the guy deflects all the blame away from Wenger and seems to aim it all at Ozil.

The pundits are pussy. They all stop short of saying they want Wenger out. Heard Merson ranting some weeks back about our problems but back tracked when 'Wenger Out' was mentioned.

The pundits are 6 years behind when it comes to being in tune with fan sentiment. Even the Lee Dixon quote I read on here about how crap we are when it comes to pressing, he is still under the impression that we can beat any team when it comes to our attacking play. What the heck is he watching? That was true a long time ago but these days we really struggle to even get into gear. I tend to pay more attention to what fan bloggers say and podcasts like Arsenal Vision because they actually watch the games and bring up a lot of the issues we talk about here in terms of performances.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
08-11-2017, 06:19 PM

Even Keown said he was a punch drunk boxer and should walk away. He changed his tune when he began fishing for a coaching role again

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
08-11-2017, 06:21 PM
The pundits are pussy. They all stop short of saying they want Wenger out. Heard Merson ranting some weeks back about our problems but back tracked when 'Wenger Out' was mentioned.

The pundits are 6 years behind when it comes to being in tune with fan sentiment. Even the Lee Dixon quote I read on here about how crap we are when it comes to pressing, he is still under the impression that we can beat any team when it comes to our attacking play. What the heck is he watching? That was true a long time ago but these days we really struggle to even get into gear. I tend to pay more attention to what fan bloggers say and podcasts like Arsenal Vision because they actually watch the games and bring up a lot of the issues we talk about here in terms of performances.

Given that we haven’t had a majority of fans saying he should go before this year (incredibly)

It would appear the fans are years behind fan sentiment as well

Niall_Quinn
08-11-2017, 06:36 PM
If profits fall you can be sure they'll take notice, money is the only think they care about. Fans need to boycott games, stop buying merchandise ideally, realistically the boycotting will never happen, so then I guess mass demonstrations at games to make the atmosphere unbearable, it won't affedct Kroenke but Wenger might call it a day (don't hold your breath though, the guy gives an entirely new meaning to the word stubborn).

Trouble is, you have to pay them up front to protest at the game. And they have those cunts that take away the banners.

Free protests OUTSIDE the games that target the pro-Wenger fans just as much as they target the club hierarchy. Just a little bit of pressure would encourage the tourists to go elsewhere. Make it uncomfortable for them going in and coming out. Unrestrained criticism of cocks like John Cross would be productive too. If he wants to shill for the club there should be a price attached to that. Keep it lawful, avoid violence (even though those pro-Wenger lot have no trouble resorting to it) but be as loud and rowdy as possible. I'd start going to that hateful stadium again (outside, not in) if I thought there was something worthwhile happening rather than just expensive boreball.

Niall_Quinn
08-11-2017, 06:42 PM

Everyone in the media seems blind when it comes to the sideways, tip tap non-football we are suffering. It's as if they see a game from 10 years ago instead. A few, like Nichol and that other bloke who hates Wenger and whose name I can't remember, talk about it. That's about it though. Heard a few minor mentions in the mainstream that hints this might be changing. I hope so, because it hurts my head having to watch 90 minutes of boring shite and then having to suffer some pundit saying we play great football. It's a piss take, like some sort of in-joke where they are rubbing it in our faces.

dostoy
08-11-2017, 07:23 PM
The only way now is to hit them commercially, so boycott games + merchandise. They only operate via money so that's how you have to get to them to make them understand.

I have noticed that the home attendances have gone down slightly but it needs to go down to about 20,000 for it to do any good which again, will not happen.

There is no realistic way out of this situation, unless someone can come up with a serious solution to the problem.

I can't think of it.

Power n Glory
08-11-2017, 08:24 PM
Everyone in the media seems blind when it comes to the sideways, tip tap non-football we are suffering. It's as if they see a game from 10 years ago instead. A few, like Nichol and that other bloke who hates Wenger and whose name I can't remember, talk about it. That's about it though. Heard a few minor mentions in the mainstream that hints this might be changing. I hope so, because it hurts my head having to watch 90 minutes of boring shite and then having to suffer some pundit saying we play great football. It's a piss take, like some sort of in-joke where they are rubbing it in our faces.

I don't get it either. I don't know where they get this notion from. We've lost a step on attack and I can't understand why they keep churning out the same rubbish headlines that were true some years back. Hence why I don't really check for what any of them say when it comes to whether Wenger should stay or go. If they were actually paying attention to the football and not just the few highlight reel 15 second clips they find trending on Twitter, I'd care a bit more about what they have to say. It's rare to hear any of them come up with insightful information these days that the average fan doesn't know. We'll get a few headline gems here and there from the odd pundit but I've never heard any of them really break down the sort of problems we have as club.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
08-11-2017, 08:31 PM
I don't get it either. I don't know where they get this notion from. We've lost a step on attack and I can't understand why they keep churning out the same rubbish headlines that were true some years back. Hence why I don't really check for what any of them say when it comes to whether Wenger should stay or go. If they were actually paying attention to the football and not just the few highlight reel 15 second clips they find trending on Twitter, I'd care a bit more about what they have to say. It's rare to hear any of them come up with insightful information these days that the average fan doesn't know. We'll get a few headline gems here and there from the odd pundit but I've never heard any of them really break down the sort of problems we have as club.

Mixture of lazy journalism and circle of access journalism

Power n Glory
08-11-2017, 08:42 PM
I have noticed that the home attendances have gone down slightly but it needs to go down to about 20,000 for it to do any good which again, will not happen.

There is no realistic way out of this situation, unless someone can come up with a serious solution to the problem.

I can't think of it.

I think the numbers will gradually drop. A mass boycott is possible and can grow in numbers depending on how badly we perform on the pitch and how much those with platforms call for it. To me, that would be the better solution because people are fired up enough to take action. But I can see a worst case scenario where the numbers just gradually drop because people are tired of the same old. They stop engaging, lose interest totally and just stop going. That's a dangerous situation because I can't see how you win people back after that.

Niall_Quinn
08-11-2017, 09:22 PM
I think the numbers will gradually drop. A mass boycott is possible and can grow in numbers depending on how badly we perform on the pitch and how much those with platforms call for it. To me, that would be the better solution because people are fired up enough to take action. But I can see a worst case scenario where the numbers just gradually drop because people are tired of the same old. They stop engaging, lose interest totally and just stop going. That's a dangerous situation because I can't see how you win people back after that.

They'll just lure some Asian bloke called Yu Chuk Doh into the stadium. Doubt they give a fuck if anyone actually supports the team, provided they pay up in advance. That's why the atmosphere is legendary for its shittiness and the club, despite being begged by the fans, does nothing about it.

Niall_Quinn
08-11-2017, 09:49 PM
Possibly the most ridiculous fake football news yet?

Mesut Ozil could pen a new deal at Arsenal if Arsene Wenger allows him to step into the No 10 jersey which is currently filled by Jack Wilshere.

The German, who currently wears the No 11 shirt, is out of contract next summer and is seeking a £300,000-a-week deal to stay at the Emirates Stadium.

And, according to The Sun, Ozil would be prepared to put pen to paper if Wilshere relinquishes his squad number in order to boost his brand.

How, exactly does a shirt number boost your brand when you have the option to move to a serious club?

Cripps
08-11-2017, 10:24 PM
Please don't be true:pray:

Xhaka Can’t
09-11-2017, 08:01 AM
First rule with Arsenal’s current management:

If it’s shit, it’s true.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
09-11-2017, 09:03 AM
Beyond caring. I just hope there is an injunction in whatever performance incentive clauses appear in his Contract. That if he’s a lazy cunt, Steve Bould gets to kick him in the nuts

Niall_Quinn
09-11-2017, 09:43 AM
It's a media wind-up, isn't it? The smoke will be Ozil demanding a central role, or something like that. The fire created by the media is the shirt number so they can try to stir the pot with Jack who is also negotiating his future. Journos looking to create some free news. If we get Ozil/ Wilshere dressing room bust-up headlines next then we'll know it's a stitch-up.

Anyway, last I heard the club had issued a take it or leave it 240K offer. Same with Alexis. And both of them go to 300 if we win the Top 4 World Cup. So that's probably where they are getting the 300k figure from. Fake News. Lying scumbags. All normal, nothing to see here.

Ozil to Utd in January seems to be the most likely outcome. Utd just told Maureen he has to sell if he wants to buy. And suddenly Fellaini is told he can push off.

Niall_Quinn
09-11-2017, 09:48 AM
Arsenal chief scout Steve Rowley, who has worked for the club for over 35 years, is on the brink of leaving the Premier League outfit.

Rowley has contacted scouting colleagues at other clubs to tell them that he's had enough. A club spokesman said on Wednesday night that his future still had to be finalised.

However it seems Rowley — despite a long partnership with manager Arsene Wenger, who made him chief scout in 1996 — has been made the scapegoat for Arsenal's recent poor record in the transfer market.

Somebody else is always to blame.

Niall_Quinn
09-11-2017, 09:50 AM
Another interesting bit:

The upheaval to the Arsenal scouting system has seen chief executive Ivan Gazidis oversee the recruitment operation, sharing his time between offices at the club and at the training ground.

Arsenal, who bought German data firm StatDNA in 2012, will also be beefing up their analytics operation to have a bigger 'Moneyball' type influence on their transfer dealings. It looked like Wenger staying for another two seasons prevented a modernisation which was planned by Gazidis to have taken place last summer.

But Rowley's imminent departure following chief transfer negotiator Dick Law stepping down and the arrival of Team Sky legal chief Huss Fahmy suggests Gazidis is getting his way at last.

Ivan finding ways to skirt around the dinosaur?

Cripps
09-11-2017, 10:03 AM
Somebody else is always to blame.

Hopefully Grimandi leaves. Responsible for the conveyor belt of crap that arrived during the banter era.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
09-11-2017, 10:29 AM
And we all know that whilst Wenger stays changes to coaching are deck chairs on the Titanic, when he goes you suspect most will go with him.

Cripps
09-11-2017, 10:38 AM
You look at most his back room staff, they've been there for donkeys years. Fergie used to spice things up and refresh every so often.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
09-11-2017, 10:56 AM
Yep pretty much

Niall_Quinn
09-11-2017, 11:04 AM
You grab every blade of comfort you can get with this club, real or imagined. If Ivan is genuinely trying to make changes by working around the old goat then that may (or may not) be something different. And if it's different at Arsenal it's remarkable. Who knows? Perhaps Ivan is not a complete wimp. Maybe he didn't appreciate the dinosaur lumbering off to cry to Stan when, it sounds like, there was a plan in place that relied on the relic fucking off. Maybe Ivan has said, fuck you, ancient one, I'll find another way to do something useful at this place.

It's a better hope than hoping our football improves, or Wenger snaps back to reality.

Cripps
09-11-2017, 11:04 AM
We need 3 days weekends in this country

Thursday's should be Fridays

Thursday's are basically Fridays anyway. Who does work on a Friday?

Niall_Quinn
09-11-2017, 11:07 AM

Friday is my busiest day when I talk to the clients to explain what I have done for them during the week.

So I have to be very creative on Fridays.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
09-11-2017, 11:07 AM

I didn’t know you worked any day of the week

Turning up to some pointless course you’ve been sent on by the DWP doesn’t count

Özim
09-11-2017, 11:08 AM
You look at most his back room staff, they've been there for donkeys years. Fergie used to spice things up and refresh every so often.

Wengers' idea of refreshing is getting injured players back, his idea of refreshing the backroom staff is reminding them he's the boss and that he makes the decisions.

Cripps
09-11-2017, 11:09 AM
You grab every blade of comfort you can get with this club, real or imagined. If Ivan is genuinely trying to make changes by working around the old goat then that may (or may not) be something different. And if it's different at Arsenal it's remarkable. Who knows? Perhaps Ivan is not a complete wimp. Maybe he didn't appreciate the dinosaur lumbering off to cry to Stan when, it sounds like, there was a plan in place that relied on the relic fucking off. Maybe Ivan has said, fuck you, ancient one, I'll find another way to do something useful at this place.

It's a better hope than hoping our football improves, or Wenger snaps back to reality.

Ivan wanted Wenger gone in the summer. Wengers done nothing but patronise and undermine him over the years. Think Ivan thought last season he could genuinely implement changes after a horrific season but the old goat still managed to get his own way on most things. Can't imagine ivans too happy... his hands are pretty tied until wenger leaves.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
09-11-2017, 11:10 AM
Friday is my busiest day when I talk to the clients to explain what I have done for them during the week.

So I have to be very creative on Fridays.

“Myself and my colleagues Johhny Walker and Jim Beam have been brainstorming this entire week”

Niall_Quinn
09-11-2017, 11:11 AM
“Myself and my colleagues Johhny Walker and Jim Beam have been brainstorming this entire week”

Johnny and Jim left years ago. Lightweights.

Cripps
09-11-2017, 11:11 AM

*and goonersweb

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
09-11-2017, 11:12 AM
Ivan wanted Wenger gone in the summer. Wengers done nothing but patronise and undermine him over the years. Think Ivan thought last season he could genuinely implement changes after a horrific season but the old goat still managed to get his own way on most things. Can't imagine ivans too happy... his hands are pretty tied until wenger leaves.

Have absolutely no sympathy or respect for Gazidis. Did he want Wenger gone? Possibly but no one is forcing him at gunpoint to be Josef Goebels now.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
09-11-2017, 11:13 AM
Johnny and Jim left years ago. Lightweights.

I hope you had a muzzling clause in their contracts to stop them going to the press about you

Cripps
09-11-2017, 11:14 AM
I hope you had a muzzling clause in their contracts to stop them going to the press about you

The same one you had on those elderly women.

Niall_Quinn
09-11-2017, 11:17 AM
Have absolutely no sympathy or respect for Gazidis. Did he want Wenger gone? Possibly but no one is forcing him at gunpoint to be Josef Goebels now.

His comments about us over-performing might have been a little precipitous. I have a feeling he didn't convince the entire fan base.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
09-11-2017, 11:17 AM
The same one you had on those elderly women.

There’s absolutely no need for that

You just convince them it was a bad dream

Özim
09-11-2017, 11:18 AM

To be honest Gazidis has got to go regardless, he's done next to nothing except get a pay rise since he arrived, as someone who is above Wenger he should behave like it instead of the way he handles himself.

I don't see a future for the guy, don't think he's strong enough for the role.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
09-11-2017, 11:19 AM
To be honest Gazidis has got to go regardless, he's done next to nothing except get a pay rise since he arrived, as someone who is above Wenger he should behave like it instead of the way he handles himself.

I totally agree

Cripps
09-11-2017, 11:21 AM

I do and I don't

I do because he's got himself into a unique situation where the person below him has more power and he's powerless. That doesn't happen at any other corporation in the world. His hands are clearly tied.

I don't because by staying, he's complicit.

Rumours are he handed in his resignation but it got rejected by stan.. make of that what you will

Cripps
09-11-2017, 11:22 AM
There’s absolutely no need for that

You just convince them it was a bad dream

Gotta be careful with what I say

I might get another warning for cracking banter.

Niall_Quinn
09-11-2017, 11:22 AM

Maybe not. And for sure he's been part of all this shite.

But if he's the only guy trying to do something at the club, I'm afraid that makes him the best bet we have. Because nobody at the top is fucking off. They are all clinging grimly to their ticket for the gravy train.

Typical Arsenal. They could have got rid of all these underlings during that farcical summer shake-up when virtually nobody left. Instead we drag it all out another year.

Cripps
09-11-2017, 11:24 AM
Maybe not. And for sure he's been part of all this shite.

But if he's the only guy trying to do something at the club, I'm afraid that makes him the best bet we have. Because nobody at the top is fucking off. They are all clinging grimly to their ticket for the gravy train.

Typical Arsenal. They could have got rid of all these underlings during that farcical summer shake-up when virtually nobody left. Instead we drag it all out another year.

Pretty much

At least this guy has had the balls to stand up to Wenger. The only guy brave enough to do it.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
09-11-2017, 11:25 AM
Gotta be careful with what I say

I might get another warning for cracking banter.

Don’t be a little girl

Or is that stay away from little girls?

Meh either way

Cripps
09-11-2017, 11:25 AM
I also trust him to make the right appointment when the old goat finally leaves.

He said arsenal need someone that can handle the enormity of the club, so i doubt he'll go for a moyes.

Cripps
09-11-2017, 11:26 AM
Don’t be a little girl

Or is that stay away from little girls?

Meh either way

You talk about children quite a lot. Is there something you want to own up to?

Özim
09-11-2017, 11:28 AM
The reality is Wenger shouldn't have been able to go over Gazidis' head, Gazidis should have spoken to Kroenke about his intentions perhaps and outlined his strategy. To me he seems to say a lot and deliver very little, his comments about overachieving say a lot.

I'd get rid of him and find someone more able to handle of position like that, someone who won't take any rubbish from people below him. To habe Wenger go above him is very embarrassing for him, anyone else in that position would have walked due to be undermined.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
09-11-2017, 11:29 AM
You talk about children quite a lot. Is there something you want to own up to?

Deflect as much as you like, I’m not the one who goes to visit Sidney Cooke in prison with boy porn rolled up and stuffed down his trousers.

Cripps
09-11-2017, 11:30 AM
Deflect as much as you like, I’m not the one who goes to visit Sidney Cooke in prison with boy porn rolled up and stuffed down his trousers.

:lol: you're seriously messed up

Özim
09-11-2017, 11:30 AM
I also trust him to make the right appointment when the old goat finally leaves.

He said arsenal need someone that can handle the enormity of the club, so i doubt he'll go for a moyes.

He says a lot of things, but nothing really particularly impressive, he also fails to deliver on his words time and time again. Now sure we know Wenger controls anything, but surely if your in a position like that and really have no power you move on, maybe he doesn't as he likes the pay.

Niall_Quinn
09-11-2017, 11:33 AM
The reality is Wenger shouldn't have been able to go over Gazidis' head, Gazidis should have spoken to Kroenke about his intentions perhaps and outlined his strategy. To me he seems to say a lot and deliver very little, his comments about overachieving say a lot.

I'd get rid of him and find someone more able to handle of position like that, someone who won't take any rubbish from people below him. To habe Wenger go above him is very embarrassing for him, anyone else in that position would have walked due to be undermined.

Someone who'd rock their boat, you mean? I suspect the CEO role at Arsenal is a bit like being servant to a senile king. You have to come up with all the ideas, then convince the king the ideas are his. Then you pick up his socks and the shit drenched trousers that have been dumped in the corner. Before rushing out to make sure the silly old fool isn't saying something incredibly stupid to the press. Maybe we need a nurse rather than a CEO.

Cripps
09-11-2017, 11:35 AM
He says a lot of things, but nothing really particularly impressive, he also fails to deliver on his words time and time again. Now sure we know Wenger controls anything, but surely if your in a position like that and really have no power you move on, maybe he doesn't as he likes the pay.

Apparently he handed in his resignation and Stan rejected it. There were rumours he wanted to head back to America around that time too.

The only issue I see with him leaving is if gazidis goes they'll hire someone even more feeble and tame. We finally have someone trying to instil change.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
09-11-2017, 11:35 AM
:lol: you're seriously messed up

Are you my psychiatrist?

You sound similar.....Judgemental prick

Niall_Quinn
09-11-2017, 11:37 AM
Apparently he handed in his resignation and Stan rejected it. There were rumours he wanted to head back to America around that time too.

The only issue I see with him leaving is if gazidis goes they'll hire someone even more feeble and tame. We finally have someone trying to instil change.

If you want to leave then nobody can stop you. Although I get the impression if you got on the wrong side of Stan you might wake up with a horse's head in the bed. So maybe Stan just stayed silent and Ivan went back to work for the horse's arse.

Özim
09-11-2017, 11:39 AM

I agree with the bit about who they hire, they should hire someone much stronger, but since this is Arsenal I agree it'll probably be another yes man to Wenger.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
09-11-2017, 11:40 AM
If you want to leave then nobody can stop you. Although I get the impression if you got on the wrong side of Stan you might wake up with a horse's head in the bed. So maybe Stan just stayed silent and Ivan went back to work for the horse's arse.

Or it could be spin to salvage his reputation

Guy is weaker than the heavily diluted orange squash my dad had to drink for the first few days after coming out of hospital

Özim
09-11-2017, 11:40 AM

I tend to agree, if he really wanted to leave he'd have kicked up more of a fuss, I suspect the sweetener was the nice pay rise for doing nothing, not a bad job if you can get it, not in charge of anything and pay rises for delivering nothing.

The last bit is like Wenger.

Özim
09-11-2017, 11:42 AM
Guy is weaker than the heavily diluted orange squash my dad had to drink for the first few days after coming out of hospital

That's the impression I get as well, not many people in his position would just accept Wenger going above him as easily as he has. Money seems to make this club go round, noone seems to have any pride in their job.

Niall_Quinn
09-11-2017, 11:55 AM

Heavily diluted doesn't work for me. The adverb gives the impression of substance which then contradicts the sparsity that is supposed to be the end effect. I'd have gone with unreasonably diluted which not only reinforces the emptiness but also casts criticism on them that done the diluting.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
09-11-2017, 11:56 AM
Heavily diluted doesn't work for me. The adverb gives the impression of substance which then contradicts the sparsity that is supposed to be the end effect. I'd have gone with unreasonably diluted which not only reinforces the emptiness but also casts criticism on them that done the diluting.

It would just be easier to call you a Pedant :haha:

Cripps
09-11-2017, 11:59 AM

Blackcurrant squash FTW.

Letters
09-11-2017, 12:50 PM
Blackcurrant squash FTW.

Blackcurrent and Orange squash are both top, top quality.
Recently discovered Vimto squash which is also quite nice.

GP
09-11-2017, 01:07 PM
Fun fact, blackcurrants are banned in America.

Cripps
09-11-2017, 01:08 PM
Nketiah scored 4 for England u19s last night :bow:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
09-11-2017, 01:26 PM
Fun fact, blackcurrants are banned in America.

So are Kinder Eggs

Özim
09-11-2017, 01:30 PM
So are Kinder Eggs

Yeah and you get a hefty fine if you get caught with them at the airport, into the 1000s of dollars.

GP
09-11-2017, 01:41 PM
So are Kinder Eggs

Not assault rifles, though.

Niall_Quinn
09-11-2017, 01:58 PM
Blackcurrent and Orange squash are both top, top quality.
Recently discovered Vimto squash which is also quite nice.

Blackcurrent? What's that? Sound like another immigration problem we'll need to deal with.

Cripps
09-11-2017, 02:43 PM
Blackcurrent? What's that? Sound like another immigration problem we'll need to deal with.

It's a new race classification proposed by the loony lefties.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
09-11-2017, 02:52 PM

I thought it was just a compilation album of Michael Jackson songs prior to the mid 1980s

Cripps
09-11-2017, 03:02 PM
:lol:

Power n Glory
09-11-2017, 05:12 PM

Similar view I have. It hasn't been a success at all and just another case of everything changing around Wenger but we're getting the same results.

Power n Glory
09-11-2017, 05:45 PM

If Gazidis leaves, there is no way they hire someone that can potentially shake the boat and ruffle the feathers of our golden goose Wenger. Stan would hire another puppet and make sure that they love Wenger as much as he does. In that sort of situation you can only hope the new appointment is a devious, manipulative bastard that's playing the long con and trying oust Wenger but in a sneaky way. Much like what we may be seeing from Ivan. How many years would it take for us to see any real change in that situation?

I really can't see Stan hiring a new CEO that isn't tame and feeble. If he were to, I'd imagine he'd hire someone that would want Wenger fired for the amount of money we waste. A real extremist that will aim to trim as much excessive fat as possible and go for a low investment, low expenditure policy. We'd really be fucked.

Cripps
09-11-2017, 06:28 PM
Similar view I have. It hasn't been a success at all and just another case of everything changing around Wenger but we're getting the same results.

We're the only club in the world where the manager loses the dressing room and we get rid of the dressing room instead of the manager :lol:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
09-11-2017, 06:49 PM
We're the only club in the world where the manager loses the dressing room and we get rid of the dressing room instead of the manager :lol:

I don’t think he has lost the dressing room that’s the problem

If you are being paid ridiculous money for doing a half arsed job you’d want to keep your boss

Xhaka Can’t
09-11-2017, 10:02 PM
Not assault rifles, though.

What about an assault rifle in a Kinder Egg?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
09-11-2017, 10:40 PM
What about an assault rifle in a Kinder Egg?

As long as it’s not in a plastic oval casing

Cripps
10-11-2017, 03:54 PM
Butland out for 6 weeks

Would love him here after petr 'dive the other way at every penalty' cech leaves.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
10-11-2017, 07:18 PM
We seem to have been linked to Keylor Navas oddly.....

Despite Real's pursuit of Dea Gea I quite like Navas and think he is a top keeper.

Cripps
10-11-2017, 07:59 PM
Take him too

Cech's had his day

Doesn't seem to want to save a penalty at Arsenal

Niall_Quinn
10-11-2017, 08:01 PM
Keeper is about #9,398 on the list of to-dos.

Penguin
10-11-2017, 10:56 PM
We seem to have been linked to Keylor Navas oddly.....

Despite Real's pursuit of Dea Gea I quite like Navas and think he is a top keeper.

He's a good keeper but he reminds me of Shay Given. Knows how to make his saves look way more dramatic than they really are, and he doesn't have much to his game apart from shot stopping.

Niall_Quinn
11-11-2017, 09:38 AM
Apparently we want 30 mill for Alexis in January. Or, if PSG are very good and ask us nicely, we're prepared to swap Alexis for Draxler. Wenger's a big admirer of the German. Such a huge admirer he's passed up on his signature twice, even at reasonable fees by the standard of this marketplace. But not by Wenger's standard where no player is worth more than 2 pounds 5 shillings and sixpence.

Our transfer policy waits for events to unfold and then springs into reaction.

Globalgunner
11-11-2017, 11:50 AM
Arsene knows

Cripps
11-11-2017, 01:03 PM
And he cares

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
11-11-2017, 02:25 PM
https://www.tbnsport.com/wp-content/uploads/wenger-god.jpg

Özim
11-11-2017, 04:37 PM
Apparently we want 30 mill for Alexis in January. Or, if PSG are very good and ask us nicely, we're prepared to swap Alexis for Draxler. Wenger's a big admirer of the German. Such a huge admirer he's passed up on his signature twice, even at reasonable fees by the standard of this marketplace. But not by Wenger's standard where no player is worth more than 2 pounds 5 shillings and sixpence.

Our transfer policy waits for events to unfold and then springs into reaction.

Wenger is always an admirer if they come cheap, in this case kinda free really because Alexis is worth nothing now his contract has almost run out. Not sure any club will grab him or Ozil now when they can get him a few months later for nothing.

30 million is ridiculous to be honest, at that stage he's worth a few million at best, I would think the clubs will probably wait until the summer and grab him for nothing, you could argue that they might try and nab him from Man City but if he wants to sign for Man City so badly he'll wait anyway.

Niall_Quinn
11-11-2017, 05:18 PM
Wenger is always an admirer if they come cheap, in this case kinda free really because Alexis is worth nothing now his contract has almost run out. Not sure any club will grab him or Ozil now when they can get him a few months later for nothing.

30 million is ridiculous to be honest, at that stage he's worth a few million at best, I would think the clubs will probably wait until the summer and grab him for nothing, you could argue that they might try and nab him from Man City but if he wants to sign for Man City so badly he'll wait anyway.

No doubt they'll wait until summer, and that will suit the players and the agents too. Wenger is flapping around cloud cuckoo land as usual. He's fucked this up as thoroughly as it was possible to fuck it up. He's perfectly incompetent. As I have said several times and as Wenger continues to prove time and time again, he's the very worst manager in football. A total fucking idiot.

Globalgunner
12-11-2017, 06:35 AM
Good news:
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/4895030/arsenal-transfer-news-gunners-boss-arsene-wenger-wants-crystal-palace-star-wilfried-zaha-to-replace-contract-rebel-alexis-sanchez/

Wilf Zaha to come in as Alexis Sanchez replacement.
Like for like?

Thierrymon
12-11-2017, 09:48 AM
Good news:
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/4895030/arsenal-transfer-news-gunners-boss-arsene-wenger-wants-crystal-palace-star-wilfried-zaha-to-replace-contract-rebel-alexis-sanchez/

Like for like?

:ilt:

Özim
12-11-2017, 10:03 AM
Good news:

Like for like?

Wouldn't put it past Wenger, we won't be getting any money for Alexis so realistically his spend will be minimal. Zaha is ok but personally I wouldn't want him here.

Our team next season will be rubbish if we go for players likes this.

Niall_Quinn
12-11-2017, 11:21 AM
Good news:

Like for like?

Very unlikely, plus it's in the Sun so definitely untrue. But in the event they didn't do their research and accidentally got a story right, it would be the one way to do something worse than sell Alexis and not replace him at all. Sell him, then blow the cash on utter, utter, utter shit. So maybe it is true. Find the worst possible outcome and Wenger is there, limbering up.

Cripps
12-11-2017, 11:44 AM
Good news:

Like for like?

:haha:

Cripps
12-11-2017, 11:48 AM
Wouldn't put it past Wenger, we won't be getting any money for Alexis so realistically his spend will be minimal. Zaha is ok but personally I wouldn't want him here.

Our team next season will be rubbish if we go for players likes this.

The next 2 summers will certainly be crucial, we have a load of players out of contract and most will probably end up leaving

How we replace these will shape our future... will we replace adequately and go for it and turn back into a top 4 side or will we piss around and go cheap and become fully pledged into a top 6 side.

Globalgunner
12-11-2017, 12:43 PM
Think we should go for that lofty cheek fellow. Apparently he`s the next big thing.

Wenger going for Loftus Cheek. Now that would really be taking the mickey.

Penguin
12-11-2017, 05:04 PM
I haven't really watched Loftus Cheek closely but most of these English 'big things' aren't actually any good.

Xhaka Can’t
13-11-2017, 08:11 AM
Zaha could be the answer to our problems.

We’ve had hundreds of players fucking everything up for well over 10 years.

The one man who has been there to watch them all fuck up has now found the answer we’ve all been looking for.

Or probably not.

I’ll judge this at the end of next season.

Niall_Quinn
13-11-2017, 09:42 AM
Zaha could be the answer to our problems.

We’ve had hundreds of players fucking everything up for well over 10 years.

The one man who has been there to watch them all fuck up has now found the answer we’ve all been looking for.

Or probably not.

I’ll judge this at the end of next season.

The fans haven't helped, constantly expecting a team in transition to win a title even though the club has no money and the fixture list and injuries screwed us and that ref was bloody awful. I'll judge it when I have been fully driven out of the club and don't care anymore.

Niall_Quinn
13-11-2017, 09:45 AM
Arsenal are edging closer to a deal to sign Lyon playmaker Nabil Fekir.

The Gunners are deep in discussions for the France international as they look to line up a £60million deal for Fekir, who scored a penalty against Everton at Goodison Park in the Europa League.

A move, as reported by the Daily Star, would mean the 24-year-old linking up with his former Lyon team-mate Alexandre Lacazette at the Emirates.

Fekir's a good player. 60 mill plus beating Barca to his signature and he's ours. If he wants to come here. Can't see what could go wrong here. Welcome to Arsenal.

Cripps
13-11-2017, 09:53 AM
The fans haven't helped, constantly expecting a team in transition to win a title even though the club has no money and the fixture list and injuries screwed us and that ref was bloody awful. I'll judge it when I have been fully driven out of the club and don't care anymore.

Don't forget early kick offs on BT sport. And I'm sure we blamed the weather one year too.

GP
13-11-2017, 09:53 AM
Fekir had a great partnership with Lacashite so if he can nab him we could be at least as good as Lyon.

Niall_Quinn
13-11-2017, 09:57 AM
Fekir had a great partnership with Lacashite so if he can nab him we could be at least as good as Lyon.

Lyon tended to play Lacazette in order to make that partnership work better.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
13-11-2017, 10:44 AM
Lyon tended to play Lacazette in order to make that partnership work better.

“What makes sense to you and me, is not necessarily what makes sense to Arsene Wenger” - Ivan Gazidis

Niall_Quinn
13-11-2017, 11:10 AM
“What makes sense to you and me, is not necessarily what makes sense to Arsene Wenger” - Ivan Gazidis

Did he really say that? If so, I'm assuming that's a defence delivered with a spiked glove.

Cripps
13-11-2017, 11:41 AM
Can't be any worse than ozil

Surely runs around a bit

Get him in

Niall_Quinn
13-11-2017, 11:48 AM
Can't be any worse than ozil

Surely runs around a bit

Get him in

He'll be the same as Ozil. Not here.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
13-11-2017, 12:30 PM
Did he really say that? If so, I'm assuming that's a defence delivered with a spiked glove.

Sounds like trying to Spin insanity into thinking outside the box

Niall_Quinn
13-11-2017, 12:58 PM
Sounds like trying to Spin insanity into thinking outside the box

Sounds like he's saying Wenger is a total dickhead, the way I read it. Which is the simplest explanation because it's statement of the obvious.

Cripps
13-11-2017, 01:20 PM
Gazidis :bow:

The secret WOB:bow:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
13-11-2017, 01:30 PM
Sounds like he's saying Wenger is a total dickhead, the way I read it. Which is the simplest explanation because it's statement of the obvious.

I think you’re reading between the lines and attributing a subtlety of thought to Gazidis that doesn’t exist

To you and me Wenger is just a weird stubborn old man. A lanky french amalgamation of Captain Ahab and the selfish cunt Howard Roark from The Fountainhead

But to Gazidis he at least was more of a Pablo Picasso.

Cripps
13-11-2017, 01:41 PM
I think gazidis knows the old dog is past it but he's powerless. He finally thought he could get some change this summer but nope. Deep down he's probably counting down the days to the old dog leaves, he can do his job properly.

Maybe that's why we didn't replace dick law and gazidis is doing his job too? So Wenger reports solely into him and he can directly assess every aspect of his role and how the has-been is completely useless in every department?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
13-11-2017, 02:27 PM
I find it bizarre the amount of leeway people are willing to give Gazidis. I used to think well at least he’s the only one telling the fans someone is listening. But I suspect all of that is just bollocks to take the spotlight off him - swallows gold and speaks tin.

Essentially all we have is his word that he tried to do anything, thus we get this load of wank about him offering his resignation and Kroenke refusing it. Outside of Qatar and a few other countries you can’t force people to work for you against their will.

Cripps
13-11-2017, 02:54 PM
He clearly wanted change hence his catalyst for change comments. And the fact it took 4 months for them to realise he's the right man to take us forward despite being convinced 'all along', suggests there were people not in favour of him extending. Put the pieces together.

Niall_Quinn
13-11-2017, 02:56 PM
I think you’re reading between the lines and attributing a subtlety of thought to Gazidis that doesn’t exist

To you and me Wenger is just a weird stubborn old man. A lanky french amalgamation of Captain Ahab and the selfish cunt Howard Roark from The Fountainhead

But to Gazidis he at least was more of a Pablo Picasso.

That would imply we have TWO people in charge who are senile. Because you can't get to Gazidis' position without learning a bit about politics and the use of language along the way. Or judging a character. So if Ivan is genuinely sold on Wenger, makes you ask why Wenger had to run of to Stan to keep his job? Ivan must be as mental as Wenger if he meant that as a compliment. And I'm not giving Gazidis any leeway. Coincidentally enough, given the other thread, one possible route to change at Arsenal is if the senior mob are so much at each other's throats there's little alternative but to start chopping heads. Chaos.

Or actual assault of some sort would be just as good.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
13-11-2017, 03:03 PM
That would imply we have TWO people in charge who are senile. Because you can't get to Gazidis' position without learning a bit about politics and the use of language along the way. Or judging a character. So if Ivan is genuinely sold on Wenger, makes you ask why Wenger had to run of to Stan to keep his job? Ivan must be as mental as Wenger if he meant that as a compliment. And I'm not giving Gazidis any leeway. Coincidentally enough, given the other thread, one possible route to change at Arsenal is if the senior mob are so much at each other's throats there's little alternative but to start chopping heads. Chaos.

It’s not about Gazidis being sold on Wenger, again you’d have to be impaired in your critical faculties to believe in this guy.

What I’m saying is that Gazidis doesn’t give a fuck whether Wenger is competent or not. His Meglomaniacal tendencies are rather convenient for him because he has less work to do for his obscene amount of money. And when criticism comes his way “it’s not my fault I’m not being allowed to do job properly and when I kiss arse I’m just playing the long game”.

Gazidis doesn’t give a fuck, he’s just trying to give himself credibility

Wenger went to Kroenke because if you need something done, you talk to the organ grinder not the monkey. And Gazidis is a monkey who is happy to dance for the money.

Cripps
13-11-2017, 03:11 PM

Spot on

All the signs lead to Wenger only. Gazidis has been nothing but undermined and insulted over the years, it started off all those years ago with the 'Ivan gazidis what the f do you do' chants which would have made him sink into his chair with embarrassment, to Wenger ridiculing a director of football last season. Deep down he won't be happy, people that get to the top of companies usually have massive egos and his has taken a massive dent in recent years. Let's hope it fires him up enough to take action in some way shape or form. Maybe him having Wenger reporting directly into him now is part of a plan, so he can amalgamate all the information about how this dinosaur is so inefficient, before presenting it to Stan. F*ck knows.

Maybe he hasn't left yet because he wants us to judge him on a post Wenger era? An era where he can actually do his job properly, have power and control over a manager and set metrics. Because currently he can't do any of that. His hands are clearly tied and that will hurt him. A man that is the CEO of one of the biggest corporations is getting slated by fans left right and centre. He'll want to leave on his own terms.

Power n Glory
13-11-2017, 03:14 PM
It’s not about Gazidis being sold on Wenger, again you’d have to be impaired in your critical faculties to believe in this guy.

What I’m saying is that Gazidis doesn’t give a fuck whether Wenger is competent or not. His Meglomaniacal tendencies are rather convenient for him because he has less work to do for his obscene amount of money. And when criticism comes his way “it’s not my fault I’m not being allowed to do job properly and when I kiss arse I’m just playing the long game”.

Gazidis doesn’t give a fuck, he’s just trying to give himself credibility

Wenger went to Kroenke because if you need something done, you talk to the organ grinder not the monkey. And Gazidis is a monkey who is happy to dance for the money.

It makes zero sense to force out our main scout along with Dick Law and then take on the responsibility to sign new players. That's putting himself in the firing line. Why would he do that?

Cripps
13-11-2017, 03:31 PM
Herbert's argument is completely invalid because gazidis has taken on more work with dick law gone.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
13-11-2017, 03:55 PM
Herbert's argument is completely invalid because gazidis has taken on more work with dick law gone.

Because it’s still less work than he’d have if any other manager other than Wenger was at the club.

Plus Dick Law and Steve Rowley are good old fashioned patsies, Wengers dithering is what was responsible for our horror show summer (which Gazidis tried to spin as good). And they will be replaced or not in time.....or not, and more likely the work just won’t be done

But if you want to believe this guy is some victim of Wenger and Kroenke be my guest. If he was genuinely an agent of change, why hasn’t Wenger demanded him gone for trying to undermine him?.

Cripps
13-11-2017, 04:11 PM
Getting rid of people below you is easy.. players, coaches, scouts etc, but you can't get rid of someone above you at the click of your fingers. Especially someone at one of the biggest corporations in the world, an individual highly regarded by Stan. Gazidis won CEO of the year a few years ago and I'm sure he won another prize last year or year before. So he's clearly highly regarded for what he does.

Niall_Quinn
13-11-2017, 04:17 PM
Because it’s still less work than he’d have if any other manager other than Wenger was at the club.

Plus Dick Law and Steve Rowley are good old fashioned patsies, Wengers dithering is what was responsible for our horror show summer (which Gazidis tried to spin as good). And they will be replaced or not in time.....or not, and more likely the work just won’t be done

But if you want to believe this guy is some victim of Wenger and Kroenke be my guest. If he was genuinely an agent of change, why hasn’t Wenger demanded him gone for trying to undermine him?.

Why does he need to be a victim of Wenger and Kroenke. Why can't he just be in opposition to Wenger. And would you agree that would be a good thing? A genuine fight for power right at the top of the club that, hopefully, rips the gravy train right off the rails? Probably would never happen, Arsenal is too Jewish for that that sort of behaviour, but it might happen. There's a chance. But beforehand, the troops need to be firing shots at each other. And it seems to me that sentence was one such shots, from quite a few. I don't think it's a stretch to say Wenger and Ivan might not get along as well as they make out in public. The little evidence we have points that way.

Power n Glory
13-11-2017, 04:18 PM

Do you have any examples to back that up?

Also, why not just appoint more patsy types and keep that cycle rotating to buy time? Why put yourself in the role where you’ll be held accountable for failing to sign a player and Wenger can directly point the finger at him for messing up?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
13-11-2017, 04:25 PM
Why does he need to be a victim of Wenger and Kroenke. Why can't he just be in opposition to Wenger. And would you agree that would be a good thing? A genuine fight for power right at the top of the club that, hopefully, rips the gravy train right off the rails? Probably would never happen, Arsenal is too Jewish for that that sort of behaviour, but it might happen. There's a chance. But beforehand, the troops need to be firing shots at each other. And it seems to me that sentence was one such shots, from quite a few. I don't think it's a stretch to say Wenger and Ivan might not get along as well as they make out in public. The little evidence we have points that way.

I’m saying even if he was in opposition to Wenger it wouldn’t matter

In fact if he was, it would make him look more stupid than he already is. If you have faith in someone who lets their pants being pulled down and having Wengers whole fist stuck in there and responding with “thank you sir may I have another”, you’re living in fantasy land if you think it’s because he’s doing it for us and not the money he wouldn’t be paid anywhere else.

The fact that you seemingly can’t get your head around is if Gazidis was as smart and capable as you all seem to give him credit for being, he’d be gone by now. Because someone smart and capable would get a job just as well paid for anywhere else.

Cripps
13-11-2017, 04:26 PM

Also, why not just appoint more patsy types and keep that cycle rotating to buy time? Why put yourself in the role where you’ll be held accountable for failing to sign a player and Wenger can directly point the finger at him for messing up?

PnG:bow:

Still talking sense after all these years:bow:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
13-11-2017, 04:26 PM

And who is to say he won’t just appoint said Patsies in fullness of time?

I suspect it’s more he wanted to give the impression of being in control to rescue his completely obliterated reputation without giving any thought to the long term implications.

Cripps
13-11-2017, 04:27 PM

In fact if he was, it would make him look more stupid than he already is. If you have faith in someone who lets their pants being pulled down and having Wengers whole fist stuck in there and responding with “thank you sir may I have another”, you’re living in fantasy land if you think it’s because he’s doing it for us and not the money he wouldn’t be paid anywhere else

Arsenal is clearly a unique situation and you know it.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
13-11-2017, 04:31 PM
Arsenal is clearly a unique situation and you know it.

Which doesn’t explain why Gazidis would having been made to look like a cunt by Wenger (and he was, there is no possible disagreement there) that someone with both ability and integrity wouldnt be off like a shot.
We all agree that Arsenal doesn’t attract talent or innovation either in playing staff, coaching staff or management staff. And yet Gazidis is the exception that proves the rule?.

Cripps
13-11-2017, 04:32 PM

I suspect it’s more he wanted to give the impression of being in control to rescue his completely obliterated reputation without giving any thought to the long term implications.

:lol: that doesn't make sense. You contradict your earlier point.

You said Arsenal is 'convenient for him because he has less work to do for his obscene amount of money.'

So he does that by taking on someone else's role, on top of his? :lol: If he wanted more control wouldn't it have been easier to appoint a yes-man to report into Lord Gazidis, instead of put himself in the firing line in an unrelated and unfamiliar role?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
13-11-2017, 04:38 PM
:lol: that doesn't make sense. You contradict your earlier point.

You said Arsenal is 'convenient for him because he has less work to do for his obscene amount of money.'

So he does that by taking on someone else's role, on top of his? :lol: If he wanted more control wouldn't it have been easier to appoint a yes-man to report into Lord Gazidis, instead of put himself in the firing line?

Again like with his attempt to negotiate a deal with Russian Telekom for sponsorship without bothering to do the research to realise that the man who is persona non grata at Arsenal was a major shareholder for that company. It’s probably another fuck up on his part, doing it without thinking about the consequences.

Power n Glory
13-11-2017, 04:39 PM

His reputation will take more of a battering if this goes wrong and it most likely will considering Wenger is still in charge. He might as well have handed Wenger the knife!

The smarter move would have been to appoint a former player, like Pires, to be the Director of Football and that buys him time. It gives the appearance of him doing something from the fans perspective but also keeping Wenger happy because he has a former player in the role who can act as the new patsy.

Your theory makes no sense at all.

Cripps
13-11-2017, 04:42 PM
Again like with his attempt to negotiate a deal with Russian Telekom for sponsorship without bothering to do the research to realise that the man who is persona non grata at Arsenal was a major shareholder for that company. It’s probably another fuck up on his part, doing it without thinking about the consequences.

You know you can just admit you're wrong instead of continuing to argue and coming out with jibberish to try and save face? Always seems to be the ones that stick up for Wenger that just can't admit defeat :shrug:

Power n Glory
13-11-2017, 04:45 PM

You keep referring to that same example whenever this is discussed. Do you have anything else to go on? Maybe some examples of other Chief Execs do at other major clubs? What are you weighing his role and function against?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
13-11-2017, 04:45 PM
You know you can just admit you're wrong instead of continuing to argue and coming out with jibberish to try and save face? Always seems to be the ones that stick up for Wenger that just can't admit defeat :shrug:

You think Gazidis is the potential saviour of the club and I’m talking gibberish? :haha:

The guy is a clown. If he wasn’t, he wouldn’t be at Arsenal and whether he likes Wenger or not is irrelevant.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
13-11-2017, 04:47 PM
You keep referring to that same example whenever this is discussed. Do you have anything else to go on? Maybe some examples of other Chief Execs do at other major clubs? What are you weighing his role and function against?

Well it fits nicely with the example you constantly bring up of him bringing Jonker and Forsythe to the club. One of whom had the foresight to think fuck this, this place is a joke I’m going.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
13-11-2017, 04:51 PM
His reputation will take more of a battering if this goes wrong and it most likely will considering Wenger is still in charge. He might as well have handed Wenger the knife!

The smarter move would have been to appoint a former player, like Pires, to be the Director of Football and that buys him time. It gives the appearance of him doing something from the fans perspective but also keeping Wenger happy because he has a former player in the role who can act as the new patsy.

Your theory makes no sense at all.

Again it makes sense if Gazidis is an idiot

Long term every statement he’s ever made in the past three-four years should come back to haunt him.

Of course on field success helps commercial revenue but getting said commercial revenue for the club is his primary function. Addidas told him to fuck off with the kit sponsorship.

Apart from his attempts at saying “I’m not actually a spastic, I’m an inside man” I just don’t get what evidence you have other than desperation for someone to be at the club who isn’t a) inept b) a cunt or both.

Cripps
13-11-2017, 04:54 PM
You think Gazidis is the potential saviour of the club and I’m talking gibberish? :haha:

The guy is a clown. If he wasn’t, he wouldn’t be at Arsenal and whether he likes Wenger or not is irrelevant.

Another clear example of a Wenger apologist being schooled by the WOB :lol:

You've completely contradicted yourself, talked a load of jibberish and made yourself look like an arse, and yet you still babble on :lol:

Less work by taking on another role :lol: never heard so much crap in my life:lol:

Niall_Quinn
13-11-2017, 04:55 PM

In fact if he was, it would make him look more stupid than he already is. If you have faith in someone who lets their pants being pulled down and having Wengers whole fist stuck in there and responding with “thank you sir may I have another”, you’re living in fantasy land if you think it’s because he’s doing it for us and not the money he wouldn’t be paid anywhere else.

The fact that you seemingly can’t get your head around is if Gazidis was as smart and capable as you all seem to give him credit for being, he’d be gone by now. Because someone smart and capable would get a job just as well paid for anywhere else.

Where on earth did I even hint at the suggestion Ivan is some sort of heroic figure battling for the fans? You're spending the whole day putting words in peoples' mouths? Have you just done the refresher course on stitching people up? All I said was it would be great news if these fuckers are fighting among themselves.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
13-11-2017, 04:56 PM
And what Gazidis has to do with Wenger anyway I don’t know.

We know Wenger is the one who calls the shots on a football level and the only one he’s answerable to is Kroenke

Gazidis has to get revenue for the club does a pretty substandard job and spin for the club - only matched by Donald Trump in the inconsistency of the nonsense he comes out with.

In between that time he remains silent until he knows he can’t get away with it anymore and gives a load of flannel to deflect from himself and occasionally tries usually abortive attempts to assert control over the guy who sat in on his interview.

Frankly I don’t know what else he has to do to be considered an embarrassment other than poo himself on command at the next AGM.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
13-11-2017, 04:58 PM
Where on earth did I even hint at the suggestion Ivan is some sort of heroic figure battling for the fans? You're spending the whole day putting words in peoples' mouths? Have you just done the refresher course on stitching people up? All I said was it would be great news if these fuckers are fighting among themselves.

You made the point about having him there being a good thing because he’s against the Wenger-Kroenke power bloc. I responded that even if he was, he’s basically a cretin so it doesn’t matter Anyway.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
13-11-2017, 05:01 PM
Another clear example of a Wenger apologist being schooled by the WOB :lol:

You've completely contradicted yourself, talked a load of jibberish and made yourself look like an arse, and yet you still babble on :lol:

Less work by taking on another role :lol: never heard so much crap in my life:lol:

I suspect you have. You only need listen to yourself

Try it, just once as an exercise in empathy.

I sometimes have to run you through google translate

You should be ashamed of yourself. Frankly you’re the Gazidis of WUMs, you talk a good game (when your barely readable nonsense forms into a sentence) but frankly you’re a one track pony.

You came here with a reputation which you’ve just not lived up to.

Niall_Quinn
13-11-2017, 05:06 PM
You made the point about having him there being a good thing because he’s against the Wenger-Kroenke power bloc. I responded that even if he was, he’s basically a cretin so it doesn’t matter Anyway.

At odds is not the same as against, but I view a lack of unity among them as preferable either way. Hopefully enough to cause genuine damage to their plans. But if not, well we've lost nothing. It would be worth the fans throwing all their weight behind Gazidis now just to fuck up and potentially wrong foot the other two. That would be hilarious in fact. more entertaining than the football.

Power n Glory
13-11-2017, 05:07 PM
Well it fits nicely with the example you constantly bring up of him bringing Jonker and Forsythe to the club. One of whom had the foresight to think fuck this, this place is a joke I’m going.

I use such examples to show how there is an attempt to change the structure of the club. Whether those guys are competent or not we'll never know because I've also got examples of Wenger stopping those guys from making any real change to our structure.

These recent moves with our long standing scout being forced out along with Dick Law are just more examples of what I've always argued.

Power n Glory
13-11-2017, 05:16 PM

Long term every statement he’s ever made in the past three-four years should come back to haunt him.

Of course on field success helps commercial revenue but getting said commercial revenue for the club is his primary function. Addidas told him to fuck off with the kit sponsorship.

Apart from his attempts at saying “I’m not actually a spastic, I’m an inside man” I just don’t get what evidence you have other than desperation for someone to be at the club who isn’t a) inept b) a cunt or both.

What's the relevance of Adidas telling him to fuck off? Unless you have any other information of why Adidas told him to fuck off, you're not making a valid point. You even admit that our performance on the field may have affected that. If you don't know how much we wanted from the Adidas deal and how much they were offering compared to what we got for signing with Puma, you have no real argument against Gazidis. Are you basing on the fact that it's a bigger brand? Have you forgotten about the bullshit sponsorship deal we signed with Nike?

You're a bit all over the place with your argument. If he only cares about collecting a pay cheque for doing nothing, why would Gazidis take on more work and headache? If he only cares about money, why would he care about his reputation and trying to gain credibility? With who? Who is he trying to impress? The fans? Why care what we have to say? Not saying that he cares at all but everything you have said is full of contradictions.

Power n Glory

What's the relevance of Adidas telling him to fuck off? Unless you have any other information of why Adidas told him to fuck off, you're not making a valid point. You even admit that our performance on the field may have affected that. If you don't know how much we wanted from the Adidas deal and how much they were offering compared to what we got for signing with Puma, you have no real argument against Gazidis. Are you basing on the fact that it's a bigger brand? Have you forgotten about the bullshit sponsorship deal we signed with Nike?

You're a bit all over the place with your argument. If he only cares about collecting a pay cheque for doing nothing, why would Gazidis take on more work and headache? If he only cares about money, why would he care about his reputation and trying to gain credibility? With who? Who is he trying to impress? The fans? Why care what we have to say? Not saying that he cares at all but everything you have said is full of contradictions.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
I use such examples to show how there is an attempt to change the structure of the club. Whether those guys are competent or not we'll never know because I've also got examples of Wenger stopping those guys from making any real change to our structure.

These recent moves with our long standing scout being forced out along with Dick Law are just more examples of what I've always argued.

But you also accept that these changes are completely superficial whilst Wenger remains at the club?

Especially when for example Dick Law was pulled out of a negotiation meeting because Wenger had got cold feet about signing a player. And that’s what I mean by Patsy, you are blaming people for being shit at their job when in fact it’s Wengers fault....so you’re not dealing with the problem at all. The smart move for Gazidis would have been to keep them.

And essentially none of you can answer the question, if this guy was worth anyone’s time why would he consent to remaining as Wengers bitch?. My answer is because he may just be smart enough to know he’s not that talented and no where else would give him the money he gets here.

Maybe he wants to be able to run things when Wenger goes but who knows when that will be? If he’s so good why not just look to have that control at another football club?. Rather than trying to outsit eternity waiting for Wenger to fuck off

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
13-11-2017, 05:25 PM

No what I’m saying is consistent.

Gazidis makes more money at Arsenal than he could ever dream of making anywhere else. I find it bizarre that this is even a matter of contention, if that wasn’t a fact we wouldn’t be having this discussion he’d be gone.

I discussed in the previous post Gazidis likes to try and give the impression of asserting authority by slightly changing situations that in reality will make no difference, but it’s good PR. He may of course actually believe he will do a better job, I tend to think that’s unlikely. Then it may become a case of which one out of Wenger and Gazidis is able to push the other under the bus first.

The Nike deal was done out of necessity, we needed the held over a barrel deal. Now we were more free to make a kit deal, now we were never going to get the same out of Addidas that United got but probably fair to say that we’d get more out of them than we do with Puma. As Gazidis is responsible for these negotiations if you can’t accept that them telling us to fuck off reflects badly on him, just as our failure to match the corporate revenue of clubs who if anything have won less than us in the past five years reflects badly on him than I don’t what else I can say to you.

I don’t want to sound patronising but I genuinely think there is some kind of need to believe Gazidis is not a complete tool to give us hope. I even begrudgingly bought into it myself, but I said back then if Wenger is able to extend his contract without caveats and Gazidis stays there can be no further case made in defence of Gazidis. And guess what happened?

Power n Glory
13-11-2017, 05:38 PM
No what I’m saying is consistent.

Gazidis makes more money at Arsenal than he could ever dream of making anywhere else. I find it bizarre that this is even a matter of contention, if that wasn’t a fact we wouldn’t be having this discussion he’d be gone.

The Nike deal was done out of necessity, we needed the held over a barrel deal. Now we were more free to make a kit deal, now we were never going to get the same out of Addidas that United got but probably fair to say that we’d get more out of them than we do with Puma. As Gazidis is responsible for these negotiations if you can’t accept that them telling us to fuck off reflects badly on him, just as our failure to match the corporate revenue of clubs who if anything have won less than us in the past five years reflects badly on him than I don’t what else I can say to you.

I don’t want to sound patronising but I genuinely think there is some kind of need to believe Gazidis is not a complete tool to give us hope. I even begrudgingly bought into it myself, but I said back then if Wenger is able to extend his contract without caveats and Gazidis stays there can be no further case made in defence of Gazidis. And guess what happened?

I find it bizarre that you bring up money as his main motivation but then talk about his ego and all these moves just being a case of him trying to save face. What you're saying is not consistent.

It's fair to say we were going to get more from Adidas than Puma? Where is your evidence for that? Do you know why Adidas pulled out of the deal?

This isn't a need to believe Gazidis is anything. With me, I'm always getting people to back up what they say or make a clear argument that makes sense. You're doing neither. I genuinely believe you're desperate for people to believe Gazidis is a complete tool. That may be the case. But based off what you're arguing, I don't believe that. It's not well thought through. At all.

Edit - agree to disagree on this one. We've done this so many times already.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
13-11-2017, 05:54 PM
Erm it doesn’t matter to me what you believe but the point of any discussion board is to debate. It seems odd to think I’d have an agenda when I have the same influence over what happens at Arsenal as any of you and that’s precisely none.

I don’t see how it is inconsistent, if you felt you were worth the money you were getting in a job where your hands are tied you would look to get that money elsewhere.

It’s easier to stay where you are and give the illusion that you are doing something meaningful.

Addidas pulled out of the deal because they weren’t prepared to give us the money we wanted.

Pete Wood of Le Grove is very keen on giving Gazidis the benefit of the doubt and I frankly find it odd but I doubt I’ll convince him anymore than I will convince anyone here.

But like you or anyone else here if I have an opinion on a topic (in this instance Gazidis is a cretin) I don’t feel the need to be shy in pushing it.

Cripps
13-11-2017, 06:27 PM
I suspect you have. You only need listen to yourself

Try it, just once as an exercise in empathy.

I sometimes have to run you through google translate

You should be ashamed of yourself. Frankly you’re the Gazidis of WUMs, you talk a good game (when your barely readable nonsense forms into a sentence) but frankly you’re a one track pony.

You came here with a reputation which you’ve just not lived up to.

Answer this one question, do you believe the crap you post or do you say it to inspire debate on the forum? Because if it's the latter it's more tolerable.

Cripps
13-11-2017, 06:29 PM

He's backing himself further into the corner :lol:

Herbert :haha:

His sole purpose here is to provide laughs and banter on the forum :console:

Cripps
13-11-2017, 06:31 PM
At odds is not the same as against, but I view a lack of unity among them as preferable either way. Hopefully enough to cause genuine damage to their plans. But if not, well we've lost nothing. It would be worth the fans throwing all their weight behind Gazidis now just to fuck up and potentially wrong foot the other two. That would be hilarious in fact. more entertaining than the football.

:gp: only a weapon can't see it

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
13-11-2017, 06:36 PM
He's pushing himself further in the corner :lol:

Herbert :haha:

His sole purpose here is to provide banter on the forum :console:

You need to try harder. This is just unacceptable, the things I was told about Cripps

You’re like a comedy program from thirty years ago that people rave about in the present and say they don’t make them like that anymore.

And when people watch it, turns out to be average or in fact shit and their memory has let them down

You were a legend on here, but all you are is a poorly remembered joke. #SAD

Cripps
13-11-2017, 06:40 PM
You need to try harder. This is just unacceptable, the things I was told about Cripps

You’re like a comedy program from thirty years ago that people rave about in the present and say they don’t make them like that anymore.

And when people watch it, turns out to be average or in fact shit and you’re memory has let you down

You were a legend on here, but all you are is a poorly remembered joke. #SAD

I've been schooling you for years now :lol: I left, came back and am still schooling you :lol: I'm the Chelsea of the forum and you're my bitch, Arsenal:console:

Don't avoid the question. Do you believe the crap you post or do you say it to inspire debate on the forum?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
13-11-2017, 06:43 PM
I've been schooling you for years now :lol: I left, came back and am still schooling you :lol: I'm the Chelsea of the forum and you're my bitch, Arsenal:console:

Don't avoid the question. Do you believe the crap you post or do you say it to inspire debate on the forum?

I can’t talk....I’m choked up

You want to find things to believe in, but it’s just all a lie.

I believed you were a shitposter when in fact you’re just a shit poster :crying:

Is there anything in this world worth believing in.

Cripps
13-11-2017, 06:49 PM
:blink: errr ok

Anyway answer the question. I'm genuinely interested. Because if it's the latter then its fine, it makes sense and you're a rational human being.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
13-11-2017, 06:52 PM
Seriously though do you own me in the same way Gazidis owns any of his bizarre statements down the years that contradict themselves?.

It doesn’t matter if it’s true or not but I’ll say it anyway.

The reason I ask is because sometimes I’m actually worried you’re serious.

Marc Overmars
13-11-2017, 06:52 PM
I'm surprised you guys still have the will to talk about the nefarious goings on at this club. Arsenal is pretty much the last thing I want to talk about these days.

Keeps this place going, at least.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
13-11-2017, 06:57 PM
:blink: errr ok

Anyway answer the question. I'm genuinely interested. Because if it's the latter then its fine, it makes sense and you're a rational human being.

It takes a rational human being to think Gazidis is not a cretin?

It takes a rational human being to look beyond his statements saying Wenger was the best guy for the job and then claiming we are over achieving at the AGM which only someone who either doesn’t give a fuck whether Wenger stays or has no self respect could have made. And think “he’s playing the long game. He’s a smart guy”.

Interesting definition of rationality. But it is you I’m talking to

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
13-11-2017, 06:58 PM
I'm surprised you guys still have the will to talk about the nefarious goings on at this club. Arsenal is pretty much the last thing I want to talk about these days.

That’s a bit like saying, how can you joke about something as horrible as Cancer

It’s easy when you know how

Cripps
13-11-2017, 07:03 PM

It's wearing thin, thats why we've resorted to insulting each other :tiphat:

Cripps
13-11-2017, 07:03 PM
It takes a rational human being to think Gazidis is not a cretin?

It takes a rational human being to look beyond his statements saying Wenger was the best guy for the job and then claiming we are over achieving at the AGM which only someone who either doesn’t give a fuck whether Wenger stays or has no self respect could have made. And think “he’s playing the long game. He’s a smart guy”.

Interesting definition of rationality. But it is you I’m talking to

Answer. The. Question.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
13-11-2017, 07:09 PM
Answer. The. Question.

You’ve asked me if I believe what I’ve said about Gazidis being a cretin

I answered.

Plus in fairness I don’t ask you if you believe what you write, I don’t want to know.

Cripps
13-11-2017, 07:15 PM
So you genuinely believe the stuff you post? :faint:

Cripps
13-11-2017, 07:19 PM
On a side note can we sign loftus cheek? I'm watching sunday supplement and they're talking about him like he's the next zidane. Would be funny to see the u-turn from the media about him as soon as we sign him.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
13-11-2017, 07:20 PM
So you genuinely believe the stuff you post? :faint:

I didn’t say that, it depends on what I’m posting

But then again. I’m startled that anyone here has even the slightest amount of Respect for Gazidis

Apart from you that is.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
13-11-2017, 07:21 PM
On a side note can we sign loftus cheek? I'm watching sunday supplement and they're talking about him like he's the next zidane. Would be funny to see the u-turn from the media about him as soon as we sign him.

I don’t think it’s an anti Arsenal thing. These people still believe Wilshere is the next Gazza

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
13-11-2017, 07:33 PM
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/11125187/arsene-wenger-says-manchester-city-are-not-unstoppable

More importantly does this guy believe the stuff he comes out with?

They might be catchable but not by us

And if he genuinely believes the game was decided on the penalty and the offside goal. He should be sectioned, they didn’t have to expend any amount of energy taking care of us. Their defence has probably had more hard work peeling an orange

Cripps
13-11-2017, 07:41 PM
He's as deluded as you.

Niall_Quinn
13-11-2017, 07:58 PM

I tried to get a thread going on Ryvita, but nobody would bite.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
13-11-2017, 08:33 PM
I tried to get a thread going on Ryvita, but nobody would bite.

We did for a bit but it became a victim of Godwin’s law

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
14-11-2017, 05:30 AM
He's a good keeper but he reminds me of Shay Given. Knows how to make his saves look way more dramatic than they really are, and he doesn't have much to his game apart from shot stopping.

I think that is a little harsh on Shay Given lol, who was a well rounded understated keeper for a long time.

If you want a keeper who will collect crosses with robotic efficiency when they go astray then that is pretty much what Cech does as much as we tend to take it as a given. Admittedly I'm not sure how comfortable Navas is at doing this regularly as he plays in a totally different league with a team who basically have the ball 70% of the time against 70% of the opposition!

Cripps
14-11-2017, 09:04 AM
Atletico Madrid interested in signing ozil apparently

:pray:

Power n Glory
14-11-2017, 09:33 AM
Atletico Madrid interested in signing ozil apparently

:pray:

They'll shunt him out wide.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
14-11-2017, 09:40 AM
Nabil Fekir - that appears to be an actual thing.

Replacing two players with one :rolleyes:

Marc Overmars
14-11-2017, 10:23 AM
Is he any good?

GP
14-11-2017, 10:27 AM
Supposably.

Globalgunner
14-11-2017, 10:42 AM
Is he any good?

At least twice as good and 4 times as durable as the Arsenal stalwart that is Jack Wilshere

Letters
14-11-2017, 11:46 AM
I'm the Chelsea of the forum
Everyone hates you and wishes you'd f*ck off? :unsure:

I guess that works.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
14-11-2017, 11:57 AM

I guess that works.

I don’t wish that.

I just want him to be a better WUM

He’s been back here for weeks now and hasn’t said anything genuinely unpleasant. It’s not good enough

Niall_Quinn
14-11-2017, 11:58 AM
Is he any good?

He was very, very good a couple of seasons back but haven't seen much since. We all know the score. The worldies will be heading to the top clubs, so we scrabble for what's left and this guy would be at the top of that pile.

But this is a rumour in November. We still have to get to January and then do the wanting period, waiting period, little bit wait to see if anyone else wants him period, put in the insulting bid, deny claims in the media made by his current club that we are disrespectful cunts, edge the bid up by a quid, suddenly say we are signing Messi, wait until the final hours of the window and then try to rush the whole thing through on the back of us selling Jack. The usual stuff.

So it's not a done deal yet, if we are being realistic.

Power n Glory
14-11-2017, 12:03 PM

I guess that works.

Isn't that you? :lol:

Love Cripps. Change your name back.

Özim
14-11-2017, 01:46 PM
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/11125187/arsene-wenger-says-manchester-city-are-not-unstoppable

More importantly does this guy believe the stuff he comes out with?

They might be catchable but not by us

And if he genuinely believes the game was decided on the penalty and the offside goal. He should be sectioned, they didn’t have to expend any amount of energy taking care of us. Their defence has probably had more hard work peeling an orange

Absolutely ridiculous, they are a much much better side than us, he's so deluded it's untrue.

Not sure what he even means by this:

"If you look at the expected goals, it was 0.7 for them and 0.6 for us, it was a very tight game.

He really doesn't know what he's talking about, Man City are 12 points ahead of us already and we're not getting near them, they have a better team, better manager and spend money.

The laughable thing is this guy still thinks we're something special despite being 12 points behind come November (and November is a notoriously bad month for us), nothing can wake this guy up, he's beyond help, the embarassment against Liverpool is already forgotten, Liverpool haven't even been all that good this season so losing 4-0 to them is even worse.

Honestly believed if we got thrashed 10-0 in a game 2 wins later he's be harping on about our mental strength and spirit, broken record doesn't even begin to describe the guy.

Özim
14-11-2017, 01:48 PM
Has to be said Cripps has brought this forum back to life somewhat.

Personally glad he's back, always enjoyed the banter with him when we were on opposite sides.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
14-11-2017, 02:02 PM
Has to be said Cripps has brought this forum back to life somewhat.

Personally glad he's back, always enjoyed the banter with him when we were on opposite sides.

People here on the whole like a bit of verbal sparring, a bit of casually tossed crude insults etc

Do that shit on Facebook and Twitter and you’ll always get some prick wetting their knickers and crying for mum

Cripps
14-11-2017, 08:09 PM

I guess that works.

Coming from a mod? That's poor behaviour.

When are you stepping down?

Özim
15-11-2017, 09:29 AM
This rumour makes me laugh

Arsenal will make another attempt to sign Manchester City forward Raheem Sterling, 22, in January.

a) They don't want to sell
b) He's had a decent season so far
c) He won't want to come as he's at a better club

I can see this one having legs, it's just the type of nonsensical transfer we waste our time on, going after players we have no chance of ever getting so that we can say we tried our best :(

Xhaka Can’t
15-11-2017, 09:31 AM
What is the source?

Özim
15-11-2017, 09:33 AM
Daily Mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5081503/Arsenal-revive-Raheem-Sterling-January.html

Xhaka Can’t
15-11-2017, 09:34 AM
Thanks.

Xhaka Can’t
15-11-2017, 09:37 AM
I’d be happier if we went ‘all in’ and not got Aguero instead.

Özim
15-11-2017, 10:03 AM
Yeah me too at least there's rumours about him, of course we'd have no chance of getting him as he'd have his pick of clubs and I think he's said before he has no interest in signing for us.

Probably all the more reason for Wenger to go in for him, he seems to be confident about us signing players who categorically say they aren't interested.

Cripps
15-11-2017, 10:05 AM
I'd take sterling but he wouldn't come here. Most people can see the direction we're heading and the old dog for what he is now.

Cripps
15-11-2017, 10:06 AM
Yeah me too at least there's rumours about him, of course we'd have no chance of getting him as he'd have his pick of clubs and I think he's said before he has no interest in signing for us.

Probably all the more reason for Wenger to go in for him, he seems to be confident about us signing players who categorically say they aren't interested.

Maybe we can bid £92m for him then withdraw the offer 5 minutes later once it's accepted.

Niall_Quinn
15-11-2017, 11:47 AM
These new "targets" coincided with another piece that confirmed we've dropped the slow motion chase for Lemar because Barca have expressed a passing interest in the player.

As always:

IF no other club of note want the player;
IF we aren't being used by an agent to influence real negotiations elsewhere;
IF the player can be successfully lied to and convinced the club has an ounce of ambition;
IF the player falls for the fake promises of other talent being brought in;
IF the player meets Wenger's bizarre 1990's valuation criteria;
IF no other player in the squad will be put out by the potential new arrival;
IF we don't blow the whole deal by offering a pathetic bid and souring relations with the other club;
IF we don't drag the whole process out with nickel and dime increments to the bid;
IF we can get past the club suddenly claiming we have no money;
IF we can get the deal concluded before the last few seconds of the transfer window.

We still won't sign a decent player because Elneny can also play there as well you know. And Santi is coming back. And Jack is like a new signing.

What's really happening this January window and in the summer is our best players are walking away after another round of glorious fuck-ups by the fraud who claims to be a top, top, top, manager.

By now, after all this time, surely it is safe to assume the absolute worst outcome? The inevitable outcome. The same old outcome. We've been through the cycle twice in the last decade and only the stupidest, stupidest player will fall for round 3.

Wenger said he wouldn't damage the club. But he has. Badly. It will take a long time for Arsenal to regain credibility, mainly because it's going to take a long time for this bastard to leave. And nothing good can happen until he's gone.

Therefore, all these transfer stories are bullshit. It's either the media filling column inches or the club going through the usual motions.

Our transfer policy (if you can call it that) is a joke, it's embarrassing, it's pushing us out of contention long term and it won't be changing any time soon.

Cripps
15-11-2017, 11:57 AM
These new "targets" coincided with another piece that confirmed we've dropped the slow motion chase for Lemar because Barca have expressed a passing interest in the player.

As always:

IF the player can be successfully lied to and convinced the club has an ounce of ambition;
IF we don't blow the whole deal by offering a pathetic bid and souring relations with the other club;
IF we don't drag the whole process out with nickel and dime increments to the bid;
IF we can get the deal concluded before the last few seconds of the transfer window.

We still won't sign a decent player because Elneny can also play there as well you know. And Santi is coming back. And Jack is like a new signing.

What's really happening this January window and in the summer is our best players are walking away after another round of glorious fuck-ups by the fraud who claims to be a top, top, top, manager.

By now, after all this time, surely it is safe to assume the absolute worst outcome? The inevitable outcome. The same old outcome. We've been through the cycle twice in the last decade and only the stupidest, stupidest player will fall for round 3.

Wenger said he wouldn't damage the club. But he has. Badly. It will take a long time for Arsenal to regain credibility, mainly because it's going to take a long time for this bastard to leave. And nothing good can happen until he's gone.

Therefore, all these transfer stories are bullshit. It's either the media filling column inches or the club going through the usual motions.

Our transfer policy (if you can call it that) is a joke, it's embarrassing, it's pushing us out of contention long term and it won't be changing any time soon.

Good post. Notice how the likes of city and Chelsea are ruthless when buying players. There was one player city were linked with on a Monday and by Tuesday evening it had been wrapped up, can't remember who it was but that was incredible to see. Compare that to us.. we could have had Lemar at the beginning of the summer but we decided to wait and wait and dither, when the end of the window came Monaco decided they didn't want to sell because half their team had left.

As I've said before, it will be a very interesting summer if both ozil and Sanchez walk away. We'll see how we replace them. If we go out and spend adequately then we could turn back into a top 4 side. If we go cheap or promote youth we'll probably morph into a fully pledged top 6 side.

Özim
15-11-2017, 12:43 PM
Transfer dealings (if you call them that) are a joke, there's no plan, no common sense, no urgency and no money (if you believe them). Some people still seem to go into transfer windows with hope, still dreaming of these pipedream signings and convincing themselves deals for top players are in the offing (like Mbappe last summer, what a joke that once, we had more chance of signing Jesus (the original one)).

So yes we can look forward to losing our best players, signing some guy noone ha ever heard of for some ridiculous money because he's super super quality, then dragging out BS deals all summer only for them to fail at the last moment after we've spent all summer doing nothing at all but sitting on our backsides, then at the last moment we'll panic guy some totally unsuitable players and start the season poorly yet again.

The life of an Arsenal fan is about as exciting as watching paint dry, it's actually worse because we have to listen to some utterly nonsensical rubbish coming out from the club as well.

Pound for pound probably the worst value club in the entire world, no money spent, no excitement, no entertainment, no unpredictability, no change, no hope, topped off by finger pointing and belittling.

I can't believe there as still people that can bare this and buy into this rubbish to be honest, to think that there's allegedly people willing to snap up spare tickets is shocking to me, somehow this club has managed to brain wash a load of people we still play good football and are entertainers.

I reckon we'd be good for people with insomnia, watching us might actually get them to sleep properly for the first time in years!

selassie
15-11-2017, 01:08 PM
Daily Mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5081503/Arsenal-revive-Raheem-Sterling-January.html

He won't come here, it's mind boggling if we are really chasing him when they don't want to sell him and I doubt he has any interest in coming here...oh wait a minute...this is Arsenal and this is how we try and do business :rolleyes:

selassie
15-11-2017, 01:13 PM

As always:

Don't fret, we have Gilles Grimandi as one of our chief talent scouts. He's managed to miss securing any of this new golden generation breaking through in France despite being based there. I mean how is this even possible? :haha:

Özim
15-11-2017, 01:25 PM
He won't come here, it's mind boggling if we are really chasing him when they don't want to sell him and I doubt he has any interest in coming here...oh wait a minute...this is Arsenal and this is how we try and do business :rolleyes:

Yeah total nonsense, typical of our transfer business, we did the same with Baptista and Benzema, both players said they weren't interested but we carried on with our fruitless chase.

We can't all be as intelligent as Wenger though!

Özim
15-11-2017, 01:27 PM
Don't fret, we have Gilles Grimandi as one of our chief talent scouts. He's managed to miss securing any of this new golden generation breaking through in France despite being based there. I mean how is this even possible? :haha:

:lol: I think these people get paid to sit around and do precious little, getting a job at Arsenal is great, pretty much free money, no questions asked, no targets and no repercussions for doing a terrible job.

selassie
15-11-2017, 02:20 PM
:lol: I think these people get paid to sit around and do precious little, getting a job at Arsenal is great, pretty much free money, no questions asked, no targets and no repercussions for doing a terrible job.

:lol:

All Grimandi has to show for is Sanogo and that Jeff bloke. :haha:

Great work, high fives all round for Grimandi, Wenger and the rest of the technical staff. :rolleyes:

Cripps
15-11-2017, 03:11 PM
Transfer dealings (if you call them that) are a joke, there's no plan, no common sense, no urgency and no money (if you believe them). Some people still seem to go into transfer windows with hope, still dreaming of these pipedream signings and convincing themselves deals for top players are in the offing (like Mbappe last summer, what a joke that once, we had more chance of signing Jesus (the original one)).

So yes we can look forward to losing our best players, signing some guy noone ha ever heard of for some ridiculous money because he's super super quality, then dragging out BS deals all summer only for them to fail at the last moment after we've spent all summer doing nothing at all but sitting on our backsides, then at the last moment we'll panic guy some totally unsuitable players and start the season poorly yet again.

The life of an Arsenal fan is about as exciting as watching paint dry, it's actually worse because we have to listen to some utterly nonsensical rubbish coming out from the club as well.

Pound for pound probably the worst value club in the entire world, no money spent, no excitement, no entertainment, no unpredictability, no change, no hope, topped off by finger pointing and belittling.

I can't believe there as still people that can bare this and buy into this rubbish to be honest, to think that there's allegedly people willing to snap up spare tickets is shocking to me, somehow this club has managed to brain wash a load of people we still play good football and are entertainers.

I reckon we'd be good for people with insomnia, watching us might actually get them to sleep properly for the first time in years!

Zim:bow:

Post of the year tbh

Dw we have gazidis in charge of transfers now who wants less work by taking on more responsibility :haha:

Herbert:doh: