PDA

View Full Version : Match reaction - cologne

Cripps
23-11-2017, 07:51 PM
From Barcelona to Bradford

Wenger :bow:

Marc Overmars
23-11-2017, 07:55 PM
We won our cup final the other day, Cologne won theirs tonight.

Niall_Quinn
23-11-2017, 07:59 PM
I suppose we still have Utd to laugh at.

But still, same old shit from Wenker.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-11-2017, 08:00 PM
Can a loss be a win?

We win the group. :scarf:

In truth, that was absolute bollocks, the defence played reasonably well and that's as good as it gets.

Wilshere. :haha:

I think he loses his balance with his tongue hanging out all the fucking time.

Cripps
23-11-2017, 08:01 PM
If wilshere is going to replace ozil we are f*cked.

He's even more timid in front of goal.

Niall_Quinn
23-11-2017, 08:04 PM
If wilshere is going to replace ozil we are f*cked.

He's even more timid in front of goal.

Wenger has said Jack is hungrier than ever. That must be why he's so slow. All those burgers.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-11-2017, 08:07 PM
If I was a footballer I'd be Neville Southall, probably am already tbf. :ninja:

Nice to see our best striker get 10 minutes to save the game in. :lol:

Also, what is Giroud on? Another one falling over all the time and the ball bouncing off him in every moment.

Master Splinter
23-11-2017, 08:10 PM
We've revived another woeful team's season :bow:.

"I believe to revive other teams is a quality, yes. We must be respectful of the mortality of others. If there is an opportunity to bring a dead team back to life, we will do it."

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
23-11-2017, 08:11 PM
Why is he even getting so much stick anyway......he like in every other Europa league game has been the best of a very mediocre bunch and as someone already pointed out we still had enough chances to win the game and the penalty was a crap decision to boot.

Cripps
23-11-2017, 08:11 PM
Wenger has said Jack is hungrier than ever. That must be why he's so slow. All those burgers.

Might watch MK Dons next time.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-11-2017, 08:20 PM
We won our cup final the other day, Cologne won theirs tonight.

We won ours in May. :scarf:

Özim
23-11-2017, 08:42 PM
:lol: Only the 2nd time Cologne have won in 17 games this season!

Looking at theteam it wasn't full of kids, what a dreadful result,we really do have some rubbish players in the squad, this kinda shows that, no hunger to prove they're worth a place in the team.

We're just lucky we had 3 of the worst teams in our group, they really are dreadful.

Cripps
23-11-2017, 08:47 PM
:lol: Only the 2nd time Cologne have won in 17 games this season!

Looking at theteam it wasn't full of kids, what a dreadful result,we really do have some rubbish players in the squad, this kinda shows that, no hunger to prove they're worth a place in the team.

We're just lucky we had 3 of the worst teams in our group, they really are dreadful.

Typical Zim, being negative even when we lose. Always moaning and never satisfied.

Am I doing it right Letters? :unsure:

Letters
23-11-2017, 09:26 PM
We won the group
Wenger :bow:

AFC Leveller
23-11-2017, 10:23 PM
Could be worse guys, we could be Everton.

Xhaka Can’t
24-11-2017, 01:31 AM
Nomentum is Wenger’s speciality.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-11-2017, 04:02 AM
Could be worse guys, we could be Everton.

Give it time.

Globalgunner
24-11-2017, 06:40 AM
ITV are planning a new reality show:
"I`m an Arsenal player, get me out of here"

Everyone has signed up, except Walcott. He in exceedingly happy to stay.

Are players ever ashamed of their performances after a match. I hope so, each player in that crap blue kit yesterday was abysmal. Total garbage, cannot best a team struggling at the bottom of the Bundesliga. Even if you know you are 2nd string. You dont have to always play like you actually are.

No biggie, We will bounce back against Burnley and everyone will be buzzin again.

Letters
24-11-2017, 09:07 AM
Give it time.

Et tu, Maccy?!

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
24-11-2017, 09:39 AM
I would say embarrassing but the only word is familiar

selassie
24-11-2017, 10:17 AM
Wenger and his continued fetish of playing players out of position. Some of the younger guys who have come through the ranks look like they have the potential to be pretty decent players but why oh why is Wenger playing them all out of position?

The sad thing is the likes of Maitland Niles and Willock are getting blocked from playing in their favoured positions because we have Elneny and Coquelin who can play there. :rolleyes:

Alpha
24-11-2017, 10:59 AM
I don’t really see the point of any complaints . Yes the game was crap . Yes the players didn’t play well .
But we qualified and won the group. Wenger uses this kind of games to give playing time to some of his fringe players to build up their confidence again so that they can be ready every time they come up as subs .
The penalty was a totally joke . I wonder how they put such a ref in a Europa game. The fair result should have been 0-0 . And that because Arsenal players were scared of shooting and wanted to walk with the ball into the net . Also Giroud had many chances to seal the game but he was on crack.

Niall_Quinn
24-11-2017, 12:04 PM
Wenger and his continued fetish of playing players out of position. Some of the younger guys who have come through the ranks look like they have the potential to be pretty decent players but why oh why is Wenger playing them all out of position?

The sad thing is the likes of Maitland Niles and Willock are getting blocked from playing in their favoured positions because we have Elneny and Coquelin who can play there. :rolleyes:

You mean Chambers as right wing back didn't do it for you? Or Debuchy at CB?

Probably because you haven't made 20,000 substitutions and don't understand these things.

Besides, we won 3-1 on expected goals.

Niall_Quinn
24-11-2017, 12:06 PM
I don’t really see the point of any complaints . Yes the game was crap . Yes the players didn’t play well .
But we qualified and won the group. Wenger uses this kind of games to give playing time to some of his fringe players to build up their confidence again so that they can be ready every time they come up as subs .
The penalty was a totally joke . I wonder how they put such a ref in a Europa game. The fair result should have been 0-0 . And that because Arsenal players were scared of shooting and wanted to walk with the ball into the net . Also Giroud had many chances to seal the game but he was on crack.

Bad people continue to do bad things if nobody complains.

Cripps
24-11-2017, 12:13 PM
Expected goals :haha:

McNamara That Ghost...
24-11-2017, 01:32 PM
Et tu, Maccy?!

:lol:

Well alright it won't be that bad.

Power n Glory
24-11-2017, 02:09 PM

If this is supposed to be a confidence builder, it's not working. It doesn't sound like we have a single player from that squad that's ready for a first team appearance. The results have gotten worse, not better. Wenger may need to rethink this one. No point in tanking the confidence of our fringe players whilst also suffering a humiliating exit from the competition.

Özim
24-11-2017, 02:37 PM

This is why things never change.

We had a decent team out and yet the team bottom of the Bundesligue who had 1 in 17 games and were totally out of form beat us, doesn't say a lot for our squad players tbh.

Ignoring that though, making an excuse for a performance/result like this is why we are where we are, we've done this before when there's nothing to play for and have suffered because of it, winning breeds confidence and losing does the opposite, to accept mediocre performances like this isn't good enough, i reality most of these players should be sold if this is how they play when they get a chance because clearly they're not even good enough squad players.

You want squad players hungry to perform and force their way into the 1st team, not a bunch of losers who turn up on the pitch but don't play because they don't care.

This wasn't a bunch of kids, it was mostly experienced players, embarrassing tbh, Cologne are hopeless.

Özim
24-11-2017, 02:41 PM

So many excuses at this club, no wonder they get away with so much and will continue to do so.

Cripps
24-11-2017, 02:41 PM
This is why things never change.

We had a decent team out and yet the team bottom of the Bundesligue who had 1 in 17 games and were totally out of form beat us, doesn't say a lot for our squad players tbh.

Ignoring that though, making an excuse for a performance/result like this is why we are where we are, we've done this before when there's nothing to play for and have suffered because of it, winning breeds confidence and losing does the opposite, to accept mediocre performances like this isn't good enough, i reality most of these players should be sold if this is how they play when they get a chance because clearly they're not even good enough squad players.

You want squad players hungry to perform and force their way into the 1st team, not a bunch of losers who turn up on the pitch but don't play because they don't care.

This wasn't a bunch of kids, it was mostly experienced players, embarrassing tbh, Cologne are hopeless.

Superb post. Anyone disagree with that? Thought not

Alpha
24-11-2017, 02:51 PM

Well, the complaints have been going on and on and nothing has ever changed about those players who cannot compete .
We bought players with limited abilities and we want them to perform like Messi . That aient gonna happen .

Alpha
24-11-2017, 03:25 PM
If this is supposed to be a confidence builder, it's not working. It doesn't sound like we have a single player from that squad that's ready for a first team appearance. The results have gotten worse, not better. Wenger may need to rethink this one. No point in tanking the confidence of our fringe players whilst also suffering a humiliating exit from the competition.

I don’t think we suffered any humiliating exit from the competition after qualifying topping our group. The performance could be a blessing in disguise in a sense that it gives a clear idea to the manager about his fringe players.
He has many things to consider before integrating any of them to his first team . He can even plan in advance whom to release in a near future and which position to strengthen.
On the brighter note we can still enjoy our qualification and forget the game which was a one-off for us in this competition so far . What would have happened if we played our first team and crashed like Everton ?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
24-11-2017, 03:27 PM
Giroud, Welbeck, Wilshere, Elneny, Mertesacker, Debuchy and Ospina

These are all internationals, senior players who have had vast experience of top flight football

Whatever way you want to argue it, them losing to a side that is bottom of the bundesliga is totally and completely unacceptable

Cripps
24-11-2017, 03:31 PM
Giroud, Welbeck, Wilshere, Elneny, Mertesacker, Debuchy and Ospina

These are all internationals, senior players who have had vast experience of top flight football

Whatever way you want to argue it, them losing to a side that is bottom of the bundesliga is totally and completely unacceptable

What has happened to you recently? You're talking complete sense:faint:

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
24-11-2017, 03:45 PM
I actually thought Maitland Niles was good....though maybe that's because he actually showed a modicum of aggressiveness where he usually looks comatose or like he is frolicking in the good old English flower meadows in a period drama.

Nelson looked handy when he came on too, but I was left again (as I often do) wondering why professional football produces so few genuinely two footed players despite signing them barely out of nappies. I thought he should have taken his shot late on with his left but I don't want to be too critical. He'd just watched a team of internationals and players in front of him go behind against a dreadful German team.

Power n Glory
24-11-2017, 03:47 PM
I don’t think we suffered any humiliating exit from the competition after qualifying topping our group. The performance could be a blessing in disguise in a sense that it gives a clear idea to the manager about his fringe players.
He has many things to consider before integrating any of them to his first team . He can even plan in advance whom to release in a near future and which position to strengthen.
On the brighter note we can still enjoy our qualification and forget the game which was a one-off for us in this competition so far . What would have happened if we played our first team and crashed like Everton ?

The point is we won't be in the competition for much longer if we keep churning out poor performances. It's not a one off performance either. We've played poorly in the competition and the results have just gotten. From scraping a one nil victory, to a 0-0 draw and now a loss to a team at the bottom of the German league.

There is no blessing in disguise here. It doesn't weed out the weak fringe players for Wenger not to use them. There will come a time in the season where we'll be forced to use some of them. It just exposes our weak squad and also costs us a trophy and CL spot which is something we shouldn't be toying with.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
24-11-2017, 03:48 PM

I always talk sense but your degenerate venereal disease addled brain unable to process it

Cripps
24-11-2017, 03:50 PM
Alpha :lol:
Awful Letters.

Letters
24-11-2017, 03:53 PM

He decided to stop letting me use his account.

Cripps
24-11-2017, 03:55 PM
That explains it. You've taken over Alpha's account now.

Niall_Quinn
24-11-2017, 03:57 PM
Well, the complaints have been going on and on and nothing has ever changed about those players who cannot compete .
We bought players with limited abilities and we want them to perform like Messi . That aient gonna happen .

Nobody said anything about Messi. But it'd be nice of one of our players could cross a ball, for instance. Or not pass it to an opponent when under zero pressure. Basic stuff.

And when your complaints are ignored, don't give up. Up the volume. We need more complaints, louder, more forceful and laser targeted at the man whose European record continues to be appalling.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
24-11-2017, 04:01 PM
Nobody said anything about Messi. But it'd be nice of one of our players could cross a ball, for instance. Or not pass it to an opponent when under zero pressure. Basic stuff.

And when your complaints are ignored, don't give up. Up the volume. We need more complaints, louder, more forceful and laser targeted at the man whose European record continues to be appalling.

Be nice if actually any footballer could cross a ball properly

Cripps
24-11-2017, 04:02 PM

They can f off and support spurs tbh. Or MK Dons.

Niall_Quinn
24-11-2017, 04:04 PM
I actually thought Maitland Niles was good....though maybe that's because he actually showed a modicum of aggressiveness where he usually looks comatose or like he is frolicking in the good old English flower meadows in a period drama.

Nelson looked handy when he came on too, but I was left again (as I often do) wondering why professional football produces so few genuinely two footed players despite signing them barely out of nappies. I thought he should have taken his shot late on with his left but I don't want to be too critical. He'd just watched a team of internationals and players in front of him go behind against a dreadful German team.

Until the final ball, where all our players lacked composure, ambition, a sharp wit. It was the same nonsense over and over again. Either cross it to the first defender, or cross it long and have the opposite wing back run backwards to retrieve it, or try that damnable pitter patter ball through the congested centre, with the like of Wilshere running headlong into opponents. Plod, plod, plod. When we had the ball in front of their two banks of defenders every one of our players was static. Just stood there waiting for defenders to come to them. It was utterly brainless play from start to finish with a couple of exceptions where the kids you mentioned thought, fuck this, and tried something different. Of course it didn't help that the moron Wenger started Chambers as wing back. Or that he gave Bif another free pass to wander around at snail's pace all night instead of hooking him and putting that young, hungry striker on. Instead, he got a whole 5 minutes to make a difference. Wenger is, has been and will continue to be the anchor every Arsenal team has to drag around. It's his shitty tactics going on, unless the players are outright defying him and playing shit systems and shit tactics on purpose. If the latter is true then we're in bigger trouble than we thought.

Niall_Quinn
24-11-2017, 04:11 PM
Be nice if actually any footballer could cross a ball properly

It's bizarre, isn't it? They get paid 100 times more than your Heighways, or Hills, or Kanchelskis, or any of the guys who played the line when fans enjoyed 4-4-2 and before we lost football and instead had to suffer Guardiola and his bullshit.

Here's a crazy article that sums up how bad things are. A list were Eril Lamela is ranked 15th in the world and Theo Walcott gets a notable mention.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1720086-the-15-best-wingers-in-world-football

Letters
24-11-2017, 04:33 PM
I have no idea why professional footballers can't cross or shoot. Even worse, why can't they take corners?
It's a dead ball situation, you can't blame the ball bobbling or a player putting pressure on you.
Can you seriously not deliver a good corner every time?
:doh: