PDA

View Full Version : Nottingham Forest match reaction

Cripps
07-01-2018, 05:46 PM
Be careful what you wish for:haha:

RomfordPele
07-01-2018, 05:58 PM
Disgraceful way to treat a competition that has saved his job for the last decade.

Just go now Wenger.

Niall_Quinn
07-01-2018, 05:58 PM
You lot are so ungrateful.

McNamara That Ghost...
07-01-2018, 05:59 PM
Absolute bollocks from nobody that seems to want to break in to the first team.

Although why do the first team deserve so many rests anyway?

selassie
07-01-2018, 06:01 PM
This season has been a write off for quite sometime, we have way too many squad issues and a manager who simply isn’t good enough. We won’t win anything this season and won’t come anywhere near to finishing top 4, you can quote me on that.

Niall_Quinn
07-01-2018, 06:01 PM
And, by the way, we are consistently outperforming our rivals. FACT!

We have a magnificent new stadium and when we sign Jonny Evans we'll have a world class team to play in it. FACT!

If we've lost a few it's because of the fans. FACT.

We have great spirit and culture. FACT!

And all of this is without our top players fucking off on frees, which is ideal, as well you know.

Everything is looking good, but you will always get some fans moaning.

Niall_Quinn
07-01-2018, 06:03 PM
We only lost this because Wenger was in the stands. And it was a double hit on the penalty which, in turn, forced Theo to miss 2 open goals. Very unlucky. A conspiracy by the ref and the schedule is ridiculous.

McNamara That Ghost...
07-01-2018, 06:04 PM
I don't think we can a 4-2 keep Wenger around anymore.

RomfordPele
07-01-2018, 06:06 PM
I don't think we can a 4-2 keep Wenger around anymore.

Nice. :d

Niall_Quinn
07-01-2018, 06:10 PM
Didn't realise, but Forest don't have a manager at the moment.

Then again, neither do we.

Marc Overmars
07-01-2018, 06:11 PM
This second string have flattered to deceive in the cups this season. They’re rubbish and an embarrassing defeat was overdue.

Also, why are we even resting players? It’s done fuck all for us, we’re 6th for god sake.

The sinking ship plunges further into the abyss.

McNamara That Ghost...
07-01-2018, 06:12 PM
This second string have flattered to deceive in the cups this season. They’re rubbish and an embarrassing defeat was overdue.

Also, why are we even resting players? It’s done fuck all for us.

It guarantees a result at Stamford Bridge.

Niall_Quinn
07-01-2018, 06:12 PM
It guarantees a result at Stamford Bridge.

That result was already guaranteed.

McNamara That Ghost...
07-01-2018, 06:13 PM
Didn't realise, but Forest don't have a manager at the moment.

Then again, neither do we.

At least they have a Brazilian influence with theirs.

Gubby Allen
07-01-2018, 06:14 PM
What exactly were we resting players, who did not need resting for? What is the priority?

The League Cup, finishing 4th-6th or the Europa League in two months time?

Gubby Allen
07-01-2018, 06:16 PM
Forest look like they have a better crop of 18-19 year olds than we do. In five years time, they will be playing higher up the divisions than ours.

Niall_Quinn
07-01-2018, 06:16 PM
What exactly were we resting players, who did not need resting for? What is the priority?

Priority is ensuring Wenger's energy/ GPS/ Ouija Board stats pack spreadsheet is optimal and has great spirit and culture. Otherwise we might get injuries or Ozil might decide to sue us for having to play when he has other plans. It's not just a case of ordering players on 100K a week to turn up and give 100%, you know.

McNamara That Ghost...
07-01-2018, 06:17 PM
Forest look like they have a better crop of 18-19 year olds than we do. In five years time, they will be playing higher up the divisions than ours.

In five years time ours will still be with us. :lol: Although maybe we'd have fallen that far...

Marc Overmars
07-01-2018, 06:22 PM

Resting everyone up for the 4th place trophy fight. That's what he wants most.

Just a horrible coach with no redeeming qualities anymore. Sad.

Gooner23
07-01-2018, 06:32 PM
A couple of seasons ago this kind of defeat would have left me angry, now I don't feel anything. Just fuck off Wenger.

Cripps
07-01-2018, 07:13 PM
No FA cup to fall back on

Probably no carling cup

Europa league a long slog and unlikely

No top 4 again

:pray:

Munchies
07-01-2018, 07:14 PM
Wenger's view on the second penalty, which may have taken a double touch:"I didn't see it. I've said what I have to say [on referees] I don't need to say any more."

:haha:

Munchies
07-01-2018, 07:15 PM
A couple of seasons ago this kind of defeat would have left me angry, now I don't feel anything. Just fuck off Wenger.

It brings me a great sense of hilarity

long gone do I feel upset over games

Cripps
07-01-2018, 07:19 PM
Priority is ensuring Wenger's energy/ GPS/ Ouija Board stats pack spreadsheet is optimal and has great spirit and culture. Otherwise we might get injuries or Ozil might decide to sue us for having to play when he has other plans. It's not just a case of ordering players on 100K a week to turn up and give 100%, you know.

Cripps
07-01-2018, 07:19 PM

Not declining :haha:

dostoy
07-01-2018, 07:30 PM
I know a lot of people here might be disappointed that Arsenal are out of the consolation cup.

The thing is, these are the kind of results that MIGHT, JUST MIGHT, get Wenger and Kroenke to mutually agree that Arsenal need a new direction.

It was a free loss because finishing in the CL places in the League is far far far far more important than winning this cup again.

There is the money and it will help to attract top players especially if Wenger leaves.

I am not disappointed and I also hope he plays the same team in BOTH matches against Chelsea, so that Arsenal can concentrate on the PL and maybe winning the Europa league which is very unlikely I know.

Arsenal MUST get into the CL next season in one way or another, that is essential.

Niall_Quinn
07-01-2018, 07:31 PM
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger: "It was very frustrating and unfortunately it was a case on top of that of seeing the team lose. We played a very good Forest team who were sharp and focused. The challenges were decisive. Overall our performance wasn't good enough.

"We have many players on the edge [of fitness] and we play again on Wednesday. When you don't win the selection is always questioned. I believe we had an experienced team - eight or nine internationals. It would be easy to think that was the problem.

"When you're against a team like that they're very difficult to beat. Defensively you cannot afford the mistakes we made."

Apparently our defence wasn't good enough. Shocker. I hope this doesn't lead to some knee-jerk reaction like working out a defensive plan, or something like that. We all know that if you point out mistakes to the players it is very bad for them.

[B]Forest caretaker boss Gary Brazil: "That was a fantastic day for the football club. I may be a little bit biased but I think it was a well-deserved win. There were some big performances from the players this afternoon and I always felt comfortable we would go on and win the game and so it proved.

"It would have been foolish to play the game Arsenal wanted us to so we had to go on the front foot and get in amongst them. We didn't want to give them space or time on the ball or allow them to dictate the game. Our first 10 minutes showed our intent and we really set the tempo of the contest."

This guy is basically admitting to cheating. He studied us before the game and then came up with tactics that didn't suit us. Scumbag.

Munchies
07-01-2018, 07:31 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DS9TqbHVMAAUu-z.jpg

who's coaching?

Niall_Quinn
07-01-2018, 07:36 PM
I know a lot of people here might be disappointed that Arsenal are out of the consolation cup.

The thing is, these are the kind of results that MIGHT, JUST MIGHT, get Wenger and Kroenke to mutually agree that Arsenal need a new direction.

It was a free loss because finishing in the CL places in the League is far far far far more important than winning this cup again.

There is the money and it will help to attract top players especially if Wenger leaves.

I am not disappointed and I also hope he plays the same team in BOTH matches against Chelsea, so that Arsenal can concentrate on the PL and maybe winning the Europa league which is very unlikely I know.

Arsenal MUST get into the CL next season in one way or another, that is essential.

We should be focusing on winning all our matches in every competition. There's no prioritising bullshit, this manager and these players are paid to get results every time the step out on a pitch. There's no excuses. No easy rides or freebies. To win and win consistently you must have the mentality of a winner, not a part-time winner, or a show up when you fancy it winner. This is a disgraceful loss brought about by an arrogant man that can't see he's lost the winning edge. Everyone else can see it though, including caretaker managers from the Championship. The reputation of the club is taking hammer blows.

Bumble
07-01-2018, 07:37 PM
think its called zonal marking... the attacker is in the wrong position.

Niall_Quinn
07-01-2018, 07:38 PM
think its called zonal marking... the attacker is in the wrong position.

I wouldn't put it past Wenger to make that claim.

Munchies
07-01-2018, 07:40 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSGWXeMfWwU

it's begun boys!

Niall_Quinn
07-01-2018, 07:42 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUosFpzXBsY

Come on Robbie FFS! Make up some excuses would ya?

Özim
07-01-2018, 07:51 PM
Out of the tin pot cup, in embarrassing still I see, Wengers get out of jail free isn't there anymore this year.

Niall_Quinn
07-01-2018, 08:09 PM
Out of the tin pot cup, in embarrassing still I see, Wengers get out of jail free isn't there anymore this year.

One glorious failure against a half decent side in the Europa will secure his job and pay rise.

Gubby Allen
07-01-2018, 08:22 PM

Why?

Gubby Allen
07-01-2018, 08:24 PM

who's coaching?

That Forest bloke is cheating. Trying to sneak a few yards of space whilst onside.

rodders
07-01-2018, 08:31 PM
Totally predictable result . Forest deserved their win . A right ruddy hames.

selassie
07-01-2018, 08:39 PM

Just replying to your comments highlighted above.

This result won't make a difference to anything, Wenger and Kroenke are untouchable at this club.

Winning the League is important, coaching the team correctly is important, buying players to strengthen both your First team and Squad is important, tieing down your best players to long contracts is important, showing ambition is important.

All of this has been coming because Wenger has mismanaged this football team for a long time now, it is not like any of us haven't seen this coming.

Arsenal WONT get into the CL next season because we have a Manager and team that is not as good as 5 other supposed rivals in this League. We are going backwards and will continue to go backwards until Wenger leaves the building, it really is as simple as that. None of his methods work, he's not taking this football team anywhere.

Cripps
07-01-2018, 08:41 PM

Shall I bring up your old posts? Shall I? Ehhh shall I? :yawn:

Cripps
07-01-2018, 08:42 PM

who's coaching?

What's Holding and the guy behind him marking? Oxygen?

dostoy
07-01-2018, 08:53 PM
Arsenal are nowhere near good enough to go after 4 trophies.

They have to prioritise, I think 4th place in the League or winning the Europa league (very little chance), either way to get into the CL, is the most important thing.

Its obvious why the CL is the most important thing.

Xhaka Can’t
07-01-2018, 08:59 PM
The FA Cup is not a tinpot Cup. Of the domestic Club cup competitions, it is the prime trophy.

To be honest, I care more about the FA Cup than I do the Champions League.

We aren’t in the CL and I don’t miss it a bit. That competition means one thing and one thing only: more money for those who already have too much of it.

The FA Cup for all its faults, (faults created and designed by money men because there just isn’t enough money in it) still means something. It has a history and tradition that the CL or the next big money making wheeze will never ever have.

I don’t miss the CL, but I will miss the FA Cup.

selassie
07-01-2018, 09:02 PM
Arsenal are nowhere near good enough to go after 4 trophies.

They have to prioritise, I think 4th place in the League or winning the Europa league (very little chance), either way to get into the CL, is the most important thing.

Its obvious why the CL is the most important thing.

It's not obvious why CL is important because we do very little as a club to compete for it or the domestic league, we are in these competitions to win them right? We are unique as a Football club in the sense that we show very little ambition considering the resources we have at our disposal.

I was reading today we are basically the second richest football club in the world in terms of Income and the small amount of debt we now have. It beggars belief that we show little to no appetite to use these resources, it's not even just that as we have about 1000 other issues right now but even utilising one of our strengths could give us that 2% :rolleyes: of improvement.

Özim
07-01-2018, 09:15 PM
Resting everyone up for the 4th place trophy fight. That's what he wants most.

Just a horrible coach with no redeeming qualities anymore. Sad.

Exactly, as I said before it's literally all that loser cares about, success is not winning for him, it's coming 4th.

Top clubs in Englands priorities before the season starts:

1) Champions League
2) Premier League
3) FA Cup
4) League Cup

Arsenal list of priorities before the season starts:

1) Top 4
2) Top 4
3) Top 4
4) Top 4

We are literally a club of losers and proud of it.

Cripps
07-01-2018, 09:18 PM
Hopefully the board have set him some strict KPIs after finishing out the top 4 last season e.g. get us back into the top 4, get to quarters of FA cup at least. If not then your position is reviewed at end of the season.

:pray:

Niall_Quinn
07-01-2018, 09:19 PM
It's not obvious why CL is important because we do very little as a club to compete for it or the domestic league, we are in these competitions to win them right? We are unique as a Football club in the sense that we show very little ambition considering the resources we have at our disposal.

I was reading today we are basically the second richest football club in the world in terms of Income and the small amount of debt we now have. It beggars belief that we show little to no appetite to use these resources, it's not even just that as we have about 1000 other issues right now but even utilising one of our strengths could give us that 2% :rolleyes: of improvement.

It's hard to understand if you assume the goal is to compete. Everything begins to make sense when you make the goal to thieve as much as possible from the fans.

Niall_Quinn
07-01-2018, 09:20 PM
Exactly, as I said before it's literally all that loser cares about, success is not winning for him, it's coming 4th.

Top clubs in Englands priorities before the season starts:

1) Champions League
2) Premier League
3) FA Cup
4) League Cup

Arsenal list of priorities before the season starts:

1) New ranch for Stan
2) Pay rise for Arsene
3) Bonus for Ivan
4) New coat for Arsene

We are literally a club of losers and proud of it.

:gp:

Ralpheroo72
07-01-2018, 09:22 PM
Like a sick version of Groundhog Day. Reliving the same day, but somehow it gradually gets worse.

Niall_Quinn
07-01-2018, 09:27 PM
Like a sick version of Groundhog Day. Reliving the same day, but somehow it gradually gets worse.

Like a new version of the film where Bill Murray learns every last thing Andie McDowell hates until she flips and repeatedly stabs him.

Niall_Quinn
07-01-2018, 09:28 PM
The FA Cup is not a tinpot Cup. Of the domestic Club cup competitions, it is the prime trophy.

To be honest, I care more about the FA Cup than I do the Champions League.

We aren’t in the CL and I don’t miss it a bit. That competition means one thing and one thing only: more money for those who already have too much of it.

The FA Cup for all its faults, (faults created and designed by money men because there just isn’t enough money in it) still means something. It has a history and tradition that the CL or the next big money making wheeze will never ever have.

I don’t miss the CL, but I will miss the FA Cup.

I'll probably watch Forest in the next round to find out if they are really a half decent team or if it was us making them look that way.

Cripps
07-01-2018, 09:28 PM

Do you know what will be done about it?

2 year contract extension.

Niall_Quinn
07-01-2018, 09:29 PM
Do you know what will be done about it?

2 year contract extension.

Announced at a press conference at 6am to the strains of I Got You Babe.

Cripps
07-01-2018, 09:35 PM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/images/photos/001/330/852/121964586_crop_340x234.jpg

Cripps
07-01-2018, 10:41 PM
MOTD showing Boro Primorac next to Wenger :lol:

How long has that big oaf been on the coaching payroll now? Another dinosaur that needs the boot.

Marc Overmars
07-01-2018, 11:00 PM
Wait, I’m reading Forest don’t even have a manager?

Wenker. :haha:

Niall_Quinn
07-01-2018, 11:54 PM
Wait, I’m reading Forest don’t even have a manager?

Wenker. :haha:

Yep, sacked a couple of weeks ago after Forest lost 5 of 8 and only managed 1 win in 7. Caretaker manager kicked Wengie's arse tonight. And we gave Forest the massive boost that so many teams have come to enjoy when they play us.

Marc Overmars
08-01-2018, 08:48 AM
At least we have more opportunities to rest players for no reason now when we don’t have a game on FA Cup matchdays.

Our first 11 must be fresh and raring to go!

Oh wait..

Power n Glory
08-01-2018, 09:33 AM
At least we have more opportunities to rest players for no reason now when we don’t have a game on FA Cup matchdays.

Our first 11 must be fresh and raring to go!

Oh wait..

They've had no CL football and now they have no FA Cup football. They can 100% focus on the league. Great stuff. ;)

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
08-01-2018, 10:54 AM
Listening to the arseblog this morning

I’m sympathetic to the point of view he puts forward, where we as fans are perhaps unfairly slamming the players when it’s the manager who is failing them as well as us.

Frankly Mertesacker is done and Holding is having his career ruined by being here and we are setting them up to fail.

Don’t get me wrong there are players who we need to be ruthless with and get rid of, but take Hector Bellerin for example he’s not suddenly a shit player he’s just being thrown under the bus by a selfish arrogant old man.

Niall_Quinn
08-01-2018, 11:13 AM
They've had no CL football and now they have no FA Cup football. They can 100% focus on the league. Great stuff. ;)

Farcical. Wenger will end up with the fittest and most rested bunch of losers in all the four divisions. Well done him.

Niall_Quinn
08-01-2018, 11:16 AM
Listening to the arseblog this morning

I’m sympathetic to the point of view he puts forward, where we as fans are perhaps unfairly slamming the players when it’s the manager who is failing them as well as us.

Frankly Mertesacker is done and Holding is having his career ruined by being here and we are setting them up to fail.

Don’t get me wrong there are players who we need to be ruthless with and get rid of, but take Hector Bellerin for example he’s not suddenly a shit player he’s just being thrown under the bus by a selfish arrogant old man.

Not all fans have been slamming the players. Plenty have been turning all their fire on the painfully obvious problem. Kroenke may be a cunt, but he's not the cunt who calls the tune on match day and whatever Wenger claims about financial doping, he's been a massive dope himself when it has come to spending hundreds of millions of quid and paying hundreds of millions more to dross.

Owners and squads have changed, one thing remains constant. The problem that has sat in plain sight for over a decade. Anyone who defends him now must be related to him or a sap of epic proportions.

Niall_Quinn
08-01-2018, 11:27 AM
Shipping 4 goals to a championship team. Wenger's fuck ups are becoming so common it's sometimes easy to overlook his new lows or take them for granted. Shipping 4 in the FA Cup against a championship team. That's right up there with his best hits. Given our league position, lack of CL competition and now this latest disgrace, will the club really keep their gobs shut? Is that how it works? No matter how bad it gets, silence? Not even a hint of the sack, which any other manager in his position would be facing this morning? Is this Craperoo Cup going to be used as the new measure of excellence?

He should be walking this morning. Gone. The fact he's not even contemplating it shows how much he disrespects the club and the fans. He's rapidly becoming one of our worst ever managers. I don't ever recall wanting Terry Neill gone at all costs. Not even Don Howe. Done Howe was appalling, but he didn't bring with him a sense of eternal suffering, he didn't suck all hope for a stadium when he walked in.

Marc Overmars
08-01-2018, 11:28 AM
He threw the game yesterday, there’s no doubt about it.

If we don’t make the Tinpot cup final he’s going to look like an even bigger dud than he already is.

Özim
08-01-2018, 11:30 AM
Truth is Wenger feels untouchable, he probably is and some of the fans have to shoulder some of the blame, for years they continued to support him, defending his every action and making excuses, saying it wasn't his fault it was someone elses, still happens to this day (if in smaller groups).

The guy has no pressure on him at all, he can do what he likes, say what he likes and somehow often comes out smelling like roses with some fans, consequently now nothing sticks, he couldn't care less what the fans think and realises they'll put up with whatever they get, last season was a perfect example a select few wanted to voice their feelings only to get shutdown by the Wenger supporters.

This has been coming for years and now there seems no way to reverse it (well there is and that's for people not to turn up, but that won't happen), we're now languishing in 6th, miles away from the title, playing poorly (to the point that people celebrate draws as if they are good results), out of the cup with a semi against Chelsea over two legs and the Europa league, 2 competitions he's been playing weakened teams in in favour of coming 4th, pathetic to be honest.

The Europa league has Athletico and a couple other sides who wil most likely beat us over two legs, on top of that our key players are almost out of contract and as usual we have no plan.

A 4-2 defeat to Forest isn't even a narrow defeat, we were well beaten, despite Wengers claim that we had 8-9 internationals out there (just because you're an international doesn't mean you're that good tbh and some are former internationals who are past it or want out anyway) we're 2nd rate, our suqad lacks hunger and desire and is very average, we're basically in a mess.

Niall_Quinn
08-01-2018, 11:36 AM
Even if the board would let us know how bad it has to get before they'll react. Relegation? Disbandment of the team in favour of hiring a troupe of line dancing midgets who go sideways, step back, sideways, forward? Letting everyone's contract run down and leaving the place deserted? Spending 70 million on Xhaka and Mustafi? What does he have to do before they act? What's the low point that triggers a response?

Niall_Quinn
08-01-2018, 01:10 PM
The podcasts today :haha:

The ranting and raving period is done. Now we are in the acceptance period. Wenger has won. We're all discussing a second rate Arsenal in terms of the penalties against us and the transfer windows and the all the usual stuff of football. The transformation is complete.

We should all be out there screaming Wenger Out! But nobody can be bothered any more.

Cripps
08-01-2018, 01:59 PM
We've conceded 26 penalties in a row :lol:

Niall_Quinn
08-01-2018, 02:23 PM
We've conceded 26 penalties in a row :lol:

Thought it was 27?

So we're better than we thought then?

That, for me, is enough to give Wenger another contract.

Cripps
08-01-2018, 02:53 PM
I stand corrected. It is 27.

Me :haha:

Niall_Quinn
08-01-2018, 03:08 PM
Well Wenger has a nice coat, probably a better coat than any other manager in world football today.

Niall_Quinn
08-01-2018, 03:15 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtFiwssrr_8

Robbie gives up and gets with the program.