PDA

View Full Version : The Mkhitaryan thread

Cripps
22-01-2018, 06:07 PM
Welcome to Arsenal Mkhitaryan!

Confirmed: https://www.arsenal.com/news/henrikh-mkhitaryan-signs-alexis-leaves-club

https://www.arsenal.com/sites/default/files/styles/large_16x9/public/images/hm2.jpg?itok=L-tgQeqB

Cripps
22-01-2018, 06:11 PM
Mkhitarayan signs three and a half year deal @Arsenal.

Marc Overmars
22-01-2018, 06:13 PM
Mkhi :bow:

Good luck to him. Something tells me he’ll need it here.

McNamara That Ghost...
22-01-2018, 06:15 PM
Mkhi Mouse signing.

Özim
22-01-2018, 06:40 PM
Hopefully we'll get the Dortumund version, if we get the Man U version he'll fit in well with the other losers at this club.

dostoy
22-01-2018, 06:44 PM
He says he had always dreamed of playing for Arsenal.

What a load of fucking bullshit that is.

Fuck off Wenger.

Özim
22-01-2018, 06:54 PM
:lol: Dreamed about playing for us but was unsure about signing, you won't pull the wool over the fans eyes with that nonsense. They all say that, until the leave and move the next club they dreamed of playing for.

Meanwhile Sanchez has said he's moved to the biggest club in the world.

Niall_Quinn
22-01-2018, 07:02 PM
It's true though, he did say before his last transfer he'd like to play for Arsenal. That was several years ago and many miles higher up the cliff face though. Certainly he didn't seem keen to come here this window. Like anyone who follows the game, he'll have seen us disappearing down the chasm propelled by Wenger's shit rocket.

Another Utd reject, but not Silvestre level at least. Lucky to get anyone in at all given the magnitude of Wenger's fuck up.

I expect nothing much from this player and will take whatever crumbs he can deliver. It wouldn't be fair to expect him to compensate for the Wenger shit show, but if he can contribute enough to slow our decline that'll do.

He'll probably get injured for "2 weeks" in training anyway.

Welcome to Arsene Bank Plc.

GP
22-01-2018, 07:20 PM
Micky Targaryen.

First of his name.

Ernesto
22-01-2018, 08:32 PM
Is he eligible for the Chelsea game?

McNamara That Ghost...
22-01-2018, 08:34 PM
He'll be cup tied for that.

Letters
22-01-2018, 09:27 PM
He says he had always dreamed of playing for Arsenal.

I guess a nightmare is a type of dream :shrug:

Cripps
22-01-2018, 09:31 PM

:faint:

Xhaka Can’t
22-01-2018, 10:07 PM

:haha:

Marc Overmars
22-01-2018, 10:31 PM
Just watched his first interview. Got to laugh at how media trained footballers are, it’s so transparent.

When signing for Arsenal, talk about:

-Dream to play for us
-Wenger giving players a chance
-Style of football
-Thierry Henry

We all know you were booted out of United and had no choice to take a step down and come here bro. It’s written all over your face.

GP
22-01-2018, 10:32 PM
To be fair, he did talk about wanting to play for us back in like 2009 or something.

The Emirates Gallactico
23-01-2018, 12:52 AM
:lol: Dreamed about playing for us but was unsure about signing, you won't pull the wool over the fans eyes with that nonsense. They all say that, until the leave and move the next club they dreamed of playing for.

Meanwhile Sanchez has said he's moved to the biggest club in the world.

And Alexis like Mkhi is with us, is pulling the wool over the Man Utd fans eyes with that statement. Let's not be hypocritical about this.

The guy was basically bat signalling his intentions to join Man City and Pep for a year now and only moved to Utd because City weren't prepared to meet his extorniate price, both in transfer and wages - only Utd were. Clearly Utd weren't his first choice and he's only playing them up now because he's had to join them.

Master Splinter
23-01-2018, 07:05 AM
It was definitely Sanchez's dream to play for Manchester United. The bit where he was sulking for the last four months after being 95% a Man City player in August and the bit where he was 99.8 % a Citeh player last week before he and his team got even more greedy and City told them to piss off is irrelevant.

It was also his dream to play glorious Mourinhoball after being shackled at Barcelona, Arsenal and when playing for his national team.

Letters
23-01-2018, 08:15 AM
He dreamed a dream in times gone by...

KSE Comedy Club
23-01-2018, 08:23 AM

fuck off SUBO :lol:

Letters
23-01-2018, 08:24 AM
Su's Anal Bum Party :bow:

KSE Comedy Club
23-01-2018, 08:33 AM
Su's Anal Bum Party :bow:

:haha::haha:

SUBO and her 'parties' ##

dostoy
23-01-2018, 10:59 AM
Alexis arrived in the summer of 2014.

After he scored that goal in the cup final of 2015 against Villa he should have been given a 5 year contract with a hefty pay rise.

Why Wenger has waited and waited I do not know.

It is extreme incompetance from a manager who is not good enough to manage a league 2 side.

It will extremely frustrating to see Alexis in a Man Utd shirt let alone scoring plenty of goals for them.

Wenger HAS TO sign Aubameyang, he simply has to otherwise he will have plummeted to new depths, which for him is saying something.

I cannot wait until he leaves but unless somebody shoots him I just cannot see how it is going to happen.

KSE Comedy Club
23-01-2018, 11:30 AM

After he scored that goal in the cup final of 2015 against Villa he should have been given a 5 year contract with a hefty pay rise.

It is extreme incompetance from a manager who is not good enough to manage a league 2 side.

It will extremely frustrating to see Alexis in a Man Utd shirt let alone scoring plenty of goals for them.

Wenger HAS TO sign Aubameyang, he simply has to otherwise he will have plummeted to new depths, which for him is saying something.

I cannot wait until he leaves but unless somebody shoots him I just cannot see how it is going to happen.

I am going to the game tomorrow, if someone can sneak me in a rifle to my seat I would happily pull the trigger :lol:

Globalgunner
23-01-2018, 12:38 PM
I am going to the game tomorrow, if someone can sneak me in a rifle to my seat I would happily pull the trigger :lol:

I hear Puma made him a special jacket. Idiot proof so that even he can zip it up. They may have put some Kevlar plates in there as a precaution.

Niall_Quinn
23-01-2018, 01:02 PM
I hear Puma made him a special jacket. Idiot proof so that even he can zip it up. They may have put some Kevlar plates in there as a precaution.

Teflon, more like.

Bumble
23-01-2018, 01:30 PM
So does this guy play in centre mid or centre back? problem areas of ours. although I suppose no alexis and Walcott have gone we are low on wide players as well.

KSE Comedy Club
23-01-2018, 01:39 PM
He doesn't play, he sits on the bench as well you know

Cripps
23-01-2018, 02:09 PM

:faint:

Cripps
23-01-2018, 02:11 PM

That summer of Cech f*cked us proper. Not 1 outfield player.

We're paying for it now

Wenger and his dumb ideas.

Niall_Quinn
23-01-2018, 02:48 PM
That summer of Cech f*cked us proper. Not 1 outfield player.

We're paying for it now

Wenger and his dumb ideas.

It is difficult to find top, top, top quality, you know. We already had top, top, top quality like Theo Walcott who we did not want to kill (unless he played).

Özim
23-01-2018, 03:29 PM
Nver realised how small Mkhitaryan is, he'll fit in well, certainly won't add much to the defensive side, anyone of normal size will brush him aside like he's not there, makes Wengers claim he can defend even more laughable.

selassie
24-01-2018, 01:09 PM
Just watched his first interview. Got to laugh at how media trained footballers are, it’s so transparent.

When signing for Arsenal, talk about:

-Dream to play for us
-Wenger giving players a chance
-Style of football
-Thierry Henry

We all know you were booted out of United and had no choice to take a step down and come here bro. It’s written all over your face.

Yep, it took him about a week to decide whether he wanted to continue sitting in the stands at Old Trafford or come here as a winger or whatever other position Wenger will play him.

I'm not high on him to be honest and have major reservations about what he'll bring to the team assuming he does get starts.

Niall_Quinn
24-01-2018, 01:13 PM
If he plays the ball towards the opposition goal and runs around a bit he'll be an upgrade on Theo.

What we really need is a manager that can take advantage of having Ozil, Mkhitaryan, Lacazette and potentially Aubameyang on the same pitch. Under any normal circumstances that should be quite exciting, especially if you put Jack in behind them and install a bit of discipline into players like Ramsey and Xhaka.

We have Wenger.

Cripps
24-01-2018, 01:13 PM
"Personally, I see him first wide but I’m thinking as well that there is the possibility for him to play through the middle? As a No10? Or even deeper.”

Wenger hinting at playing Mikhi at CM :lol: don't see Cazorla coming back so Wenger will probably replace Santi with Mkhtaryan:lol:

Another Arteta then, converting a wide man into a CM :lol: he even looks like him and has the same build as him, minus the transvestite eyebrows and pout :lol:

Niall_Quinn
24-01-2018, 01:18 PM
"Personally, I see him first wide but I’m thinking as well that there is the possibility for him to play through the middle? As a No10? Or even deeper.”

Wenger hinting at playing Mikhi at CM :lol: don't see Cazorla coming back so Wenger will probably replace Santi with Mkhtaryan:lol:

Another Arteta then, converting a wide man into a CM :lol: he even looks like him and has the same build as him, minus the transvestite pout and eyebrows :lol:

Jesus :doh:

Hasn't even made his debut yet and Wenger is looking to sabotage him.

Power n Glory
24-01-2018, 02:05 PM

Another Arteta then, converting a wide man into a CM :lol: he even looks like him and has the same build as him, minus the transvestite eyebrows and pout :lol:

Honestly, he might be more effective for us playing as CM or as a 10 instead of playing out on the wing. Hopefully, this means Wenger will abandons this 3 at the back formation. Wenger can't be thinking of playing Mikhi as CM in that formation. God knows where that leaves Wilshere, Ramsey and Xhaka. We shouldn't have sold Coquelin. I can now see a use for him in the squad if we're going to three in the middle.

Cripps
24-01-2018, 03:14 PM
If you want a CM then buy a CM. Don't turn what was one of the most exciting players in the Bundesliga into a cautious, conservative player.

We've ruined enough careers by playing players out of position and destroying their confidence.

Power n Glory
24-01-2018, 03:34 PM
If you want a CM then buy a CM. Don't turn what was one of the most exciting players in the Bundesliga into a cautious, conservative player.

We've ruined enough careers by playing players out of position and destroying their confidence.

Play him on the wing I fear he will become a cautious and conservative player. Even Sanchez, who is more of an all out, one man wrecking machine, sometimes struggled to make an impact on games. I can't see Mikhi finding the same sort of level or impact we saw from Sanchez. We'll see when he arrives.

But Cazorla was bought as a winger and look what happened when he was played as CM. From what I seen of Mikhi, he's going to get us out of tight spaces with his quick feet, has a good shot on him and a creative passer. He isn't a hug the touchline and stretch play type of winger or a speedy dribbler that looks for one on one's.

Power n Glory
24-01-2018, 03:44 PM
Also, he did play CM and AM for Shaktar and during his early days for Dortmund.

Wenger hasn't lost the plot with this one. For what we require from our midfielders and having bought two recently in Xhaka and Elneny, we need someone technically gifted and created to help weave some magic in that area.

Cripps
24-01-2018, 04:05 PM
Play him on the wing I fear he will become a cautious and conservative player. Even Sanchez, who is more of an all out, one man wrecking machine, sometimes struggled to make an impact on games. I can't see Mikhi finding the same sort of level or impact we saw from Sanchez. We'll see when he arrives.

But Cazorla was bought as a winger and look what happened when he was played as CM. From what I seen of Mikhi, he's going to get us out of tight spaces with his quick feet, has a good shot on him and a creative passer. He isn't a hug the touchline and stretch play type of winger or a speedy dribbler that looks for one on one's.

There's becoming cautious and conservative by playing him on the wing and then there's becoming cautious and conservative by playing him in CM. They're two different worlds.

At least on the wing he can be closer to the opposition box and affect our play in the final third more, hopefully to the same level as his Dortmund days. In CM he has to think about his defensive duties and for a team hardly known for their defensive solidity, no thanks.

If you want a CM then buy one. Don't turn Mkhtaryan into one.

Power n Glory
24-01-2018, 04:44 PM
There's becoming cautious and conservative by playing him on the wing and then there's becoming cautious and conservative by playing him in CM. They're two different worlds.

At least on the wing he can be closer to the opposition box and affect our play in the final third more, hopefully to the same level as his Dortmund days. In CM he has to think about his defensive duties and for a team hardly known for their defensive solidity, no thanks.

If you want a CM then buy one. Don't turn Mkhtaryan into one.

You missed the part where I said he's played there before and also the reference to Cazorla. Think of how effective Cazorla was as CM compared to when we played him on the wing. When we bought him from Spain, he was played as a winger and not CM.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
24-01-2018, 05:32 PM
Also, he did play CM and AM for Shaktar and during his early days for Dortmund.

Wenger hasn't lost the plot with this one. For what we require from our midfielders and having bought two recently in Xhaka and Elneny, we need someone technically gifted and created to help weave some magic in that area.

I'm totally with you on this one. Happy to see Mhki play where he is needed but to my mind he has similar qualities to Carzorla and that is no bad thing.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
24-01-2018, 05:36 PM
Nver realised how small Mkhitaryan is, he'll fit in well, certainly won't add much to the defensive side, anyone of normal size will brush him aside like he's not there, makes Wengers claim he can defend even more laughable.

I thought he looked about 5'9 before I checked and he turned out to be 5'10 on wikipedia. What were you expecting?

Power n Glory
24-01-2018, 06:16 PM
I'm totally with you on this one. Happy to see Mhki play where he is needed but to my mind he has similar qualities to Carzorla and that is no bad thing.

Very similar qualities and there aren't many players out there that's mobile, technical and creative. Wenger's not out of his mind to suggest he can play through the middle.

Cripps
24-01-2018, 06:45 PM
You missed the part where I said he's played there before and also the reference to Cazorla. Think of how effective Cazorla was as CM compared to when we played him on the wing. When we bought him from Spain, he was played as a winger and not CM.

I didn't miss it, I'm just not convinced. How many years ago was that? How many months adjusting does he need to become a top class central midfielder? He's 29 now, he's not a young player where he has time to develop and learn the central midfield role and master it. I'm happy to be proved wrong because central midfield is one of our weakest areas IMO. But stick him nearer to the opposition goal where he was effective at Dortmund. No messing around.

Niall_Quinn
24-01-2018, 07:59 PM
The answer is to sack that cunt Wenger. Today!

Why does anyone think he'll get anything at all out of this player? He's fucked up every player that he's "coached" in the last half decade. Every player is performing at a lower level than would be the case if they were anywhere else. Even Alexis was fucked in the end. Ozil is finding a way to cope with Wenger's pointless bullshit, but he could be so much more effective. Same with Lacazette. Same with Mkhitaryan - so easy to predict this before he kicks a ball. Same will go for Aubameyang if he's crazy enough to come here.

Wenger's such a huge problem that no player can make a difference. It's been a while since Santi played. He'd be just as lost as the rest ofthem if he came back today. Our game has fallen off a cliff since Santi last played and it's not down to his absence, it's down to a huge degree of negativity that has been injected into the play by that cunt Wenger.

By far the most sensible thing to do to mitigate is to at least ensure players are in their best positions - according to the player btw, not the crackpot we have supposedly managing the team. Lacazette is a striker so he should be playing striker. If we sign Aubameyang then he's a striker too. So the only sane thing is to go to 4-4-2 or 4-3-3, else don't buy him or sell Lacazette. Those two formations take care of the Mkhitaryan question anyway. It's only because the crackpot wants to play his shit systems that these questions even arise.

We should stop fucking around and sack the cunt. If we really are splashing another 75 mill this window (I'll believe it if it ever happens and not a second before), the how can we possibly entertain the idea of this cunt managing the team. It's insane.

And he will definitely fuck it up. Definitely. There's no question.

Power n Glory
25-01-2018, 09:01 AM
I didn't miss it, I'm just not convinced. How many years ago was that? How many months adjusting does he need to become a top class central midfielder? He's 29 now, he's not a young player where he has time to develop and learn the central midfield role and master it. I'm happy to be proved wrong because central midfield is one of our weakest areas IMO. But stick him nearer to the opposition goal where he was effective at Dortmund. No messing around.

How would you describe Mkhtaryan? What do you notice about his game and his strongest qualities?

Niall_Quinn
25-01-2018, 10:18 AM
How would you describe Mkhtaryan? What do you notice about his game and his strongest qualities?

Thing I noticed about him last couple of times I watched him play for Utd is he's horribly inconsistent. One minute he can make a decent pass. Next he can't pass 5 yards. And he seemed to have a lot of trouble getting the ball under control. Can't cross either, but I think we consider that a plus at our place.

This could be a confidence thing. But I wonder how much of a confidence boost it will be playing under Wenger.

He's looked a very, very ordinary player when I've seen him play recently. In fact I remarked on it in during the last Utd game I watched, before it was speculated he'd be coming here. He stood out as a weak link in that match.

Özim
25-01-2018, 10:20 AM
I thought he looked about 5'9 before I checked and he turned out to be 5'10 on wikipedia. What were you expecting?

I was referring to his build more than anything, he seems to have tiny arms, he's a very slim build.

Özim
25-01-2018, 10:24 AM
Thing I noticed about him last couple of times I watched him play for Utd is he's horribly inconsistent. One minute he can make a decent pass. Next he can't pass 5 yards. And he seemed to have a lot of trouble getting the ball under control. Can't cross either, but I think we consider that a plus at our place.

This could be a confidence thing. But I wonder how much of a confidence boost it will be playing under Wenger.

He's looked a very, very ordinary player when I've seen him play recently. In fact I remarked on it in during the last Utd game I watched, before it was speculated he'd be coming here. He stood out as a weak link in that match.

As I said the Bundesligue isn't really much of a league, if players like Xhaka can stand out in it, it tells you everything you need know. He's a Wenger type player to be honest, weak mentally, weak physically, inconsistent, doesn't like to get stuck in or tackle, can't cross is happy to play anywhere.

Just not convinced with this guy, hope I'm wrong but since he's come to England he's been very very average, so much so Man U had to force him out of the door (they weren't even willing to wait until the summer to get rid, they saw this as too good a deal to get a world class player in return for a reject).

Also this guy needs to get himself down the gym, you can't survive in the PL with a build a slight as his, he needs to bulk up a bit and get some upper body strength as he has huge calves but a tiny little upper body, but then Wenger doesn't believe in his players going to the gym (no wonder they're always injured).

Cripps
25-01-2018, 10:25 AM

I like his nose. It's pointy and straight. I also like his bulge. It's big and suggests a real monster within.

Özim
25-01-2018, 10:28 AM
I like his nose. It's pointy and straight. I also like his bulge. It's big and suggests a real monster within.

He kinda looks like a uglier Ross from Friends.

Niall_Quinn
25-01-2018, 10:32 AM
He kinda looks like a uglier Ross from Friends.

I don't know who that is, but agreed. Spitting image.

Cripps
30-01-2018, 11:06 AM
Henrikh Mkhitaryan can't wait to play 'offensive football' at Arsenal after leaving Man United https://t.co/ocw4U6Bu29

:lol: Mikhi :bow:

Marc Overmars
30-01-2018, 11:07 AM
Well our football is certainly offensive, I’ll give him that.

LDG
30-01-2018, 11:46 AM
According to Ian Wright, Bould has said he’s flying in training.

Globalgunner
30-01-2018, 12:43 PM
According to Ian Wright, Bould has said he’s flying in training.

Too much Red Bull

HCZ
30-01-2018, 03:15 PM
Mkhitaryan wants “offensive” football according to sky sports

That’s why under his arsenal strip he’s going to wear a t shirt saying Hitler did nothing wrong

Master Splinter
03-02-2018, 07:26 PM
What a player :bow:.

Mourinho does it again.

Penguin
03-02-2018, 07:34 PM
Mkhitaryan wants “offensive” football according to sky sports

That’s why under his arsenal strip he’s going to wear a t shirt saying Hitler did nothing wrong

I think he joined the wrong club if he wants attacking football. What he'll get here is boring, sideways passing, send-you-to-sleep football.

Wengerball :bow:

Goonermerree
03-02-2018, 07:39 PM
He looked good today. We'll soon knock that out of him!

Power n Glory
03-02-2018, 07:51 PM
We've signed a really good player.

LDG
03-02-2018, 07:58 PM
We've signed a really good player.

He’s mega.

Him and Ozil in the same team gives so many headaches for the opposition.

Power n Glory
03-02-2018, 08:36 PM
He’s mega.

Him and Ozil in the same team gives so many headaches for the opposition.

The Aubameyang, Mkhitaryan and Ozil combo will be a headache for teams for sure. Early days but I was worried he'd be ineffective from the wing. But saying that, Fat Sam is a garbage manager. No idea why these old English farts keep getting these jobs.

Bigger tests to come but so far so good. Spurs next?

LDG
03-02-2018, 08:59 PM
With spurs, Wenger should be working on gettng them to stay in shape and keep dicipline. Keep solid, because it’s not the lane. There is space to hurt them.

Cripps
04-02-2018, 09:58 AM
The Aubameyang, Mkhitaryan and Ozil combo will be a headache for teams for sure. Early days but I was worried he'd be ineffective from the wing. But saying that, Fat Sam is a garbage manager. No idea why these old English farts keep getting these jobs.

Bigger tests to come but so far so good. Spurs next?

;)

Power n Glory
04-02-2018, 10:12 AM
;)

:lol: Tell me he doesn't look like someone that could play the Cazorla role or take over from Ozil as a 10?

Ideally, we wouldn't have to shift his position, but looking at the second half and how we started, I really worry about central midfield and what will happen when up against a team that presses. It's not hard to put the shackles on Ramsey and Xhaka when pressing them.

Cripps
04-02-2018, 10:15 AM
:lol: Tell me he doesn't look like someone that could play the Cazorla role or take over from Ozil as a 10?

Ideally, we wouldn't have to shift his position, but looking at the second half and how we started, I really worry about central midfield and what will happen when up against a team that presses. It's not hard to put the shackles on Ramsey and Xhaka when pressing them.

Nope, let's keep him nearer the opposition box where he got 3 assists ;)

HCZ
04-02-2018, 10:38 AM

Aye the pressing problem is a pressing problem but it’s been one for years. Elneny and Wilshere would be a better partnership when dealing with the high press for sure. Of course it will require Wenger to do what he’s never previously done which is pick a team based on its ability to nullify the strengths of the opposition

Power n Glory
04-02-2018, 11:36 AM
Nope, let's keep him nearer the opposition box where he got 3 assists ;)

OK, you'll soon see what I'm talking about.

Penguin
04-02-2018, 11:41 AM
Early days but I was worried he'd be ineffective from the wing.

That still might be the case so we'll have to wait and see. Mkhi is very similar to Ozil and likes moving towards the ball rather than going for runs behind. Alexis did both which was really important so hopefully we don't lose that.

I liked how Ozil and Mkhi kept interchanging positions and floating all over the pitch. Everton didn't know how to deal with it.

Power n Glory
04-02-2018, 11:56 AM
That still might be the case so we'll have to wait and see. Mkhi is very similar to Ozil and likes moving towards the ball rather than going for runs behind. Alexis did both which was really important so hopefully we don't lose that.

I liked how Ozil and Mkhi kept interchanging positions and floating all over the pitch. Everton didn't know how to deal with it.

They are similar. Was really impressed with his performance. We looked up for it yesterday and Fat Sam made so many changes to Everton compared to his last game; it had to be a contributing factor. Everton looked a lot better in the second half.

I think of players like Nasri, Rosicky and Cazorla when they were played wide. When we were at our best, they'd have great performances but when up against tougher opponents and things weren't as fluid, these guys would struggle to influence the game.

HCZ
04-02-2018, 01:32 PM
They are similar. Was really impressed with his performance. We looked up for it yesterday and Fat Sam made so many changes to Everton compared to his last game; it had to be a contributing factor. Everton looked a lot better in the second half.

I think of players like Nasri, Rosicky and Cazorla when they were played wide. When we were at our best, they'd have great performances but when up against tougher opponents and things weren't as fluid, these guys would struggle to influence the game.

For once I agree with you I think it helps to have a squad that is rotated to play according to who we are playing,

I think for most of our home games and some of our away games for instance we should be playing two up front, especially as against swansea we had three central midfielders playing behind Ozil against Swansea and still couldn’t control the midfield.