PDA

View Full Version : Pierre-Emerick Emiliano François Aubameyang

Master Splinter
29-01-2018, 12:00 AM
https://i2.wp.com/www.arsenalinsidernews.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/pierre-emerick-aubameyang.jpg?resize=620%2C330&ssl=1

He's coming home.

What a signing.

Wenger :bow:.

Sir Chips :bow:.

Dick Law :bow:.

Cripps
29-01-2018, 12:08 AM
Mikhtarayan - Lacazette- Aubameyang

:wacko:

Marc Overmars
29-01-2018, 12:14 AM
Sven. :bow:

GP
29-01-2018, 12:15 AM
Who saw that coming, after signing Lacazette in the summer?

This is the biggest shift in transfer policy we've seen under Wenger.

Master Splinter
29-01-2018, 12:18 AM
Mikhtarayan - Lacazette- Aubameyang

:wacko:

With Ozil - Wilshere - Ramsey in midfield.

Even when we play so-called defensive midfielders it makes no difference to the overall balance so just go for it every game.

At least it will be a glorious disaster and we might win some games 8-5, 6-4 or 10-6.

Niall_Quinn
29-01-2018, 12:20 AM
Let's just wait for the official announcement. Wenger could still strike back.

Master Splinter
29-01-2018, 12:22 AM
Who saw that coming, after signing Lacazette in the summer?

This is the biggest shift in transfer policy we've seen under Wenger.

Shows Wenger as the flexible and proactive schemer we all know he is.

Ahead of the curve once again.

Thierrymon
29-01-2018, 12:23 AM

I am all aboard the hype train at this point. No turning back. CHOO CHOO!

GP
29-01-2018, 12:29 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5rRZdiu1UE

Cripps
29-01-2018, 12:40 AM
Our best strikeforce since the invincibles?

Wenger:bow:

Master Splinter
29-01-2018, 12:44 AM
We can field a midfield full of technical players again.

Iwobi-Ozil-Wilshere-Ramsey-Micky.

Master Splinter
29-01-2018, 12:46 AM

Hard to disagree.

https://media0.giphy.com/media/3o6EhOjUOrdCTRLlYI/giphy.gif

Cripps
29-01-2018, 12:59 AM
Carling cup is ours tbh:bow:

Constantly written off but pulls off another madness :bow:

Lord Wenger:bow:

GP
29-01-2018, 01:18 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJVmu6yttiw

Özim
29-01-2018, 09:33 AM
Shift in transfer policy :haha:

It hasn't been confirmed yet (from what I've read we haven't even agreed a fee yet) and even if it does we sold Sanchez (our best player and top goalscorer) and 3 other players to pay for him, hardly a change in transfer policy, just spending money we got from selling players and nothing more.

Yes we got Mkhitaryan but Man U wanted rid and convinced us it was the best deal for everyone (them).

Not being funny but we'd need a lot more than that to point to a shift in transfer policy.

Özim
29-01-2018, 09:36 AM

:lol: Yes exactly, Arsenal is all about hype though on the whole.

Mbappe anyone?

Cripps
29-01-2018, 10:58 AM
Jeremy Wilson:

Aubameyang also stands to become Arsenal's highest ever paid player. Dortmund still want replacement before signing off/announcing. Talks ongoing today about Giroud.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang was due to give evidence at Borussia Dortmund team bus attack trial in Dortmund today. Will not be attending due to illness. Does not have to attend at all now.

'Illness' :bow:

GP
29-01-2018, 11:52 AM
https://i.redd.it/fs3qmjq1wzc01.jpg

Niall_Quinn
29-01-2018, 11:53 AM
He's going to fire us to victory in the CarrierBag Cup!

Cripps
29-01-2018, 11:55 AM
£180k a week apparently

Niall_Quinn
29-01-2018, 12:01 PM
£180k a week apparently

Which is 120k a week cheaper than if we'd kept Alexis. So they can't complain there either and should have enough in the kitty to pay Ozil.

And they might rethink that crazy pay cut for Jack while they are at it.

Absolutely no point getting players in one minute and seeing other players leave the next. Time to knock this forever transition period on the head and build a team.

KSE Comedy Club
29-01-2018, 12:53 PM
Which is 120k a week cheaper than if we'd kept Alexis. So they can't complain there either and should have enough in the kitty to pay Ozil.

Absolutely no point getting players in one minute and seeing other players leave the next. Time to knock this forever transition period on the head and build a team.

Damn you for trying to make sense!

Heretic

Özim
30-01-2018, 09:48 AM

Let's look at the Wilshire situation, he's basically been with us years and has been very very injury prone, suddenly with his contract running down he puts together 8 or so games without getting injured (not a lot on reflection and not really proof of his fitness), this reminds me of when Walcotts contract was running down and he had a great season before renewing (after very indifferent form before that), once Wilshere signs on he'll probably be injured half the time again, wouldn't surprise me if injuries that would have put him out of games before are suddenly not an issue with his contract running down and the world cup round the corner.

I can understand the club giving him an incentive based deal to be honest, we've had this with Diaby, Rosicky etc in the past where they've been on big contracts and barely played for a decade, you have to draw the line somewhere and take a different stance. If Wilshere loves the club as he claims he'll sign the contract and stay, he'll still be earning big money and if he performs stay fit earns as much if not more than before.

If he doesn't sign it it's probably either because he's more interested in the money than people believe, or he doesn't even believe he'll stay fit and be able to achieve the bonus targets.

He's good player and all that, but he's literally played a handful of games after years of being injured and people want him to be captain and be offered a new contract, he's not proved anything a few games doesn't really show much, for me the club is doing the right thing. If he decides to leave that's on him, it's not like losing Ozil, Wilshere isn't really a key player and is replaceable.

Gubby Allen
30-01-2018, 10:32 PM
£180k a week apparently

He'll be on strike by August, for something or another.

We will get some of that money back then.

Özim
31-01-2018, 09:17 AM
Should tighten up the defence nicely!

LDG
31-01-2018, 11:20 AM
Welcome Auba!

What were you thinking!!!

https://www.arsenal.com/news/pierre-emerick-aubameyang-signs-club

KSE Comedy Club
31-01-2018, 11:20 AM
Pierre!

Welcome to the shit show :clap: :yippee:

Marc Overmars
31-01-2018, 11:21 AM
Hopefully he’s had his Wengeritis jab.

Özim
31-01-2018, 11:25 AM
Welcome Aubameyang, quality player signed.

Be interesting to see how he does in this average team.

AFC Leveller
31-01-2018, 11:38 AM
Hopefully at 28, its too late for him to be Wengerized.

I liked what i saw from Mkhi yesterday, he seemed to pass and move a lot quicker than the other Arsenal players and hopefully his connection with Auba can speed our game up.

Marc Overmars
31-01-2018, 11:40 AM

It's never too late.

Letters
31-01-2018, 11:44 AM
Wenger :bow:

:run:

Özim
31-01-2018, 11:45 AM
Amazes me this deal why would he want to come to Arsenal he surely must have seen how poor we are and how we've got little hope of being in the CL and play rubbish football (though on the continent they probably still believe we play champagne football).

But then I guess he was desperate to leave Dortmund and is getting much more money and there were no other takers.

Letters
31-01-2018, 11:50 AM
:pal:

Marc Overmars
31-01-2018, 11:53 AM
I think turning up to post "Wenger :bow:" and nothing else whenever something remotely positive happens is more worthy of a :pal:.

selassie
31-01-2018, 12:00 PM
Good signing, but our squad is so unbalanced it's actually quite comical.

KSE Comedy Club
31-01-2018, 12:00 PM
Letters :fingers:

You do realize of course that Sven and Ivan got tired of Wenker's two lowball offers and just went above his head to secure a deal.

Sven & Ivan :bow:

HCZ
31-01-2018, 12:19 PM
I note that Liverpool have actually conceded more goals than us in the 13 away games they’ve played but have amassed 11 more points

There are A lot of Arsenal fans on twitter complaining about us signing a striker when we need new defenders

I think our defence is shit but we don’t need new defenders, we could buy the best defender in every position and we wouldn’t be much better off because of how careless our midfield is in possession.

For me personally I’d be happy to see Xhaka and Ramsey no where near the team and wherever possible use two of Wilshere, Elneny and Maitland Niles. AMN likes to drive forward and then that would give more space for Ozil, Lacazette, Consonant Boy and Aubemeyang to do their shit

Letters
31-01-2018, 12:20 PM
I think turning up to post "Wenger :bow:" and nothing else whenever something remotely positive happens is more worthy of a :pal:.

Being pleased about something positive as an Arsenal fan.
Yeah, silly me. The Wenger thing was a joke. Obviously.
If you can't enjoy little victories then what's the point of any of this.
We all know we have bigger problems.

Özim
31-01-2018, 12:26 PM
I note that Liverpool have actually conceded more goals than us in the 13 away games they’ve played but have amassed 11 more points

There are A lot of Arsenal fans on twitter complaining about us signing a striker when we need new defenders

I think our defence is shit but we don’t need new defenders, we could buy the best defender in every position and we wouldn’t be much better off because of how careless our midfield is in possession.

For me personally I’d be happy to see Xhaka and Ramsey no where near the team and wherever possible use two of Wilshere, Elneny and Maitland Niles. AMN likes to drive forward and then that would give more space for Ozil, Lacazette, Consonant Boy and Aubemeyang to do their shit

Liverpool have got a dodgy defence for sure but they're attack is unreal when it works and that compensates for some of those goals.

I do think we need new defenders personally, Koscielny is past is and Mustafi isn't good enough to be honest, Cech is also past it, the need for a decent DM is also as urgent.

I'd agree with the combination mentioned though a new DM is still a must (Elneny would have to play with either of those two as the other two are't good enough defensively), problem is Xhaka is guaranteed a spot in the team, so this will never happen.

Marc Overmars
31-01-2018, 12:27 PM
Being pleased about something positive as an Arsenal fan.
Yeah, silly me. The Wenger thing was a joke. Obviously.
If you can't enjoy little victories then what's the point of any of this.
We all know we have bigger problems.

It's not about the little victories, we're all happy we've signed a decent player in Aubameyang.

Contributing precisely nothing to the forum other than a tounge in cheek Wenger comment and laughing at Zim, well that serves no purpose at all.

GP
31-01-2018, 12:27 PM

Hope he dies.

Niall_Quinn
31-01-2018, 12:30 PM

I liked what i saw from Mkhi yesterday, he seemed to pass and move a lot quicker than the other Arsenal players and hopefully his connection with Auba can speed our game up.

Yes, every player that joins shows signs of competency learned elsewhere. We'll soon slow Miki down and have him back to goal and passing sideways. He's not going to pick up our glorious style of play on the first outing. It will take him a little time to become robotised.

Cripps
31-01-2018, 12:31 PM

:run:

:faint:

HCZ
31-01-2018, 12:32 PM
Totally disagree about Mustafi, I think he can be impetuous but he’s capable of absolutely brilliant performances

Getting rid of him is like chucking the baby out with the bath water, especially when we are never going to get consistently good performances from our defence whilst Wenger is manager

However we do need two defenders one to replace Mertesacker and another as long term replacement for koscielny.

Goalkeeper goes without saying, Cech is old and Ospina makes me nauseous when he plays

Niall_Quinn
Amazes me this deal why would he want to come to Arsenal he surely must have seen how poor we are and how we've got little hope of being in the CL and play rubbish football (though on the continent they probably still believe we play champagne football).

But then I guess he was desperate to leave Dortmund and is getting much more money and there were no other takers.

London and cash to burn? The inertia of the last remains of our legacy? We have dirt on him and threatened to go public?

Cripps

:gp:

AFC Leveller
31-01-2018, 12:38 PM
Im kinda excited about our potential attacking players, some real talent.

Cripps
31-01-2018, 12:40 PM
We're gonna win games 9-8 :bow:

Niall_Quinn
31-01-2018, 12:40 PM
Totally disagree about Mustafi, I think he can be impetuous but he’s capable of absolutely brilliant performances

Getting rid of him is like chucking the baby out with the bath water, especially when we are never going to get consistently good performances from our defence whilst Wenger is manager

However we do need two defenders one to replace Mertesacker and another as long term replacement for koscielny.

Goalkeeper goes without saying, Cech is old and Ospina makes me nauseous when he plays

The non-Arsenal fan host on post match AFTV (who is surprisingly passionate about Arsenal for some reason) commented Mustafi is fine at home where the opponents tend to play it cagey and don't put as much pressure on the defence. But, he pointed out, in away games Mustafi collapses as soon as the opposition put some heat on. He noticed how particularly useless he is in the air when under pressure, generally getting beaten the majority of the time.

I hadn't been specifically watching out for this but it rings true now that I think about it. But it's not just Mustafi, it's all of them. None of them can handle a pressurised box and, when you add our lunatic midfield to the mix, none of them handle a high press well. They are always looking to go backwards to safety at the first sign of danger. This breaks up the play terribly and causes us to repeat passage of play over and over to no purpose.

It's difficult to say how terrible or how decent our defenders are because the system they are playing in is insane and the midfield in front of them is twice as crazy.

Nothing can be judged until a competent coach gets to work with the team.

We have Wenger.

Cripps
31-01-2018, 12:46 PM
Best strikeforce in the league :bow:

Best Arsenal strikeforce since the invincibles:bow:

Marc Overmars
31-01-2018, 12:50 PM

The best strikeforce with 9 goals for Arsenal between them? :run:

Niall_Quinn
31-01-2018, 12:52 PM

Anyone who saw Lacazette play last night would likely disagree. We can hope Aubameyang coming in will give him a boost. But it'll probably mean he ends up on the bench or wide so Wenker can stick to his stupid one isolated striker trick.

Bumble
31-01-2018, 01:17 PM

think City have a better strike force.

Cripps
31-01-2018, 01:26 PM
On paper Aubameyang + Lacazette > past it Aguero + unproven Jesus.

HCZ
31-01-2018, 01:31 PM
The non-Arsenal fan host on post match AFTV (who is surprisingly passionate about Arsenal for some reason) commented Mustafi is fine at home where the opponents tend to play it cagey and don't put as much pressure on the defence. But, he pointed out, in away games Mustafi collapses as soon as the opposition put some heat on. He noticed how particularly useless he is in the air when under pressure, generally getting beaten the majority of the time.

I hadn't been specifically watching out for this but it rings true now that I think about it. But it's not just Mustafi, it's all of them. None of them can handle a pressurised box and, when you add our lunatic midfield to the mix, none of them handle a high press well. They are always looking to go backwards to safety at the first sign of danger. This breaks up the play terribly and causes us to repeat passage of play over and over to no purpose.

It's difficult to say how terrible or how decent our defenders are because the system they are playing in is insane and the midfield in front of them is twice as crazy.

Nothing can be judged until a competent coach gets to work with the team.

We have Wenger.

Hard to judge given we are so diabolical away from home, 7 wins from 23 on the road in the league since January 2017 and almost conceding at a rate of 2 goals a game. But he played well in both games at Stamford Bridge this season.

Bumble
31-01-2018, 01:35 PM

Aguero is the same age as Aubameyang and has scored 16 league goals this season, not sure I would say past it.

PLus are we going to play 2 up top or just stick one of the strikers out wide.

Niall_Quinn
31-01-2018, 01:54 PM
Aguero is the same age as Aubameyang and has scored 16 league goals this season, not sure I would say past it.

PLus are we going to play 2 up top or just stick one of the strikers out wide.

Plus are we going to fly pigs over a frozen hell or just stick one of the strikers out wide?

Marc Overmars
31-01-2018, 01:54 PM

You’re crazy bro. Aguero still scores for fun and Lacazette hasn’t proven to be anymore useful than a 20 year old Jesus.

If Auba can hit the ground running and Laca rediscovers his scoring touch, then we could be on to something. We have it all to prove.

Niall_Quinn
31-01-2018, 01:58 PM
You’re crazy bro. Aguero still scores for fun and Lacazette hasn’t proven to be anymore useful than a 20 year old Jesus.

If Auba can hit the ground running and Laca rediscovers his scoring touch, then we could be on to something. We have it all to prove.

The other Jesus didn't hit his peak until around the age of 33.

Cripps
31-01-2018, 01:59 PM

Wrong.

He's older.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
31-01-2018, 02:03 PM
The other Jesus didn't hit his peak until around the age of 33.

Great age.

Power n Glory
31-01-2018, 02:04 PM
Letters :fingers:

You do realize of course that Sven and Ivan got tired of Wenker's two lowball offers and just went above his head to secure a deal.

Sven & Ivan :bow:

Wenger was definitely salty and talking crap when he said Ivan has nothing to do with transfers. That photo of Sven and Ivan at Dortmund said otherwise.

Cripps
31-01-2018, 02:06 PM

:lol: the original comment was more a tongue in cheek comment.

But having thought about it I think on paper they are actually the best in the league. Lacazette has one of the hottest strike rates in Europe and Aubamayang is a monster. Not their fault they're stuck under a dinosaur.

If you swapped their clubs around the form and goalscoring ratios would be swapped too. Nothing to do with ability but the management they're under.

Marc Overmars
31-01-2018, 02:08 PM
We certainly haven’t signed 2 strikers with this kind of pedigree before, granted.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
31-01-2018, 02:19 PM
I think Liverpool and City's attack are considerably better but I live in hope. What a mug.

KSE Comedy Club
31-01-2018, 02:28 PM
I suppose Citeh have the benefit of midfielders that create and score as well.

Although we should fare better now with Mhiki and Auba joining Jack, Ozil and Laca

Cripps
31-01-2018, 02:38 PM
I think Liverpool and City's attack are considerably better but I live in hope. What a mug.

I didn't say attack.

I said strikeforce i.e. strikers.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
31-01-2018, 03:12 PM
I know you didn't.

Alpha
31-01-2018, 03:13 PM
I wonder when Will I finally see a positive post in this forum . Signing a player of Aubameyang stature were supposed to bring joy and hope amongst the fans . But because many are very comfortable with negativity, they always find something to blame or to complain about.
For me , I really enjoyed this exciting transfer window .

Lacazette, Aubameyang , Wheelchair , Micki, Ozil will bring back our smile . Defense to be sorted in Summer.

KSE Comedy Club
31-01-2018, 03:15 PM
I wonder when Will I finally see a positive post in this forum . Signing a player of Aubameyang stature were supposed to bring joy and hope amongst the fans . But because many are very comfortable with negativity, they always find something to blame or to complain about.

Lacazette, Aubameyang , Wheelchair , Micki, Ozil will bring back our smile . Defense to be sorted in Summer.

:haha:

No, no, you're right, sorry........ I mean, seriously........

:haha::haha::haha::haha:

Penguin
31-01-2018, 03:17 PM

Did you watch the match yesterday?

The only thing that will really bring positivity to Arsenal fans is when Wenger goes.

AFC Leveller
31-01-2018, 03:24 PM
Has Jack signed up?

Letters
31-01-2018, 03:27 PM
I wonder when Will I finally see a positive post in this forum.
It's why I rarely post in this part of the forum now. Only one opinion is allowed, any deviation is mocked and shouted down.
Tiresome.
We know we have problems and we know that basically those problems won't be solved till Wenger leaves, and even then that leaves Kronke.
But I can't see any point in wallowing in it as some seem to insist on doing.

Overall it's not been a bad transfer window. The Sanchez thing shows we're not serious about competing but we knew that, at least we've made a couple of good signings.

Özim
31-01-2018, 03:28 PM

6th in the league, 23 points behind the league leaders, 8 points behind 4th place, just lost to Swansea 3-1, 7 league defeats so far and over a decade since our last major success.

Yeah you're right the Aubameyang signing just erases that from our memories.

Letters
31-01-2018, 03:31 PM
QED...

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
31-01-2018, 03:37 PM
It's why I rarely post in this part of the forum now. Only one opinion is allowed, any deviation is mocked and shouted down.
Tiresome.
We know we have problems and we know that basically those problems won't be solved till Wenger leaves, and even then that leaves Kronke.

Overall it's not been a bad transfer window. The Sanchez thing shows we're not serious about competing but we knew that, at least we've made a couple of good signings.
Don't be so negative!

Letters
31-01-2018, 03:39 PM
<_<

:p

Özim
31-01-2018, 03:42 PM
Tiresome.

Oh the irony!

Cripps
31-01-2018, 03:59 PM

:lol: welcome to goonersweb

:rose:

Cripps
31-01-2018, 04:01 PM
Tiresome.

You rarely post on here cause you're hated:lol: stop coming up with pitiful excuses :lol:

KSE Comedy Club
31-01-2018, 04:07 PM
Oh the irony!

It's a complete role reversal :lol:

Marc Overmars
31-01-2018, 04:08 PM

The majority this month have said if we can get Auba then it would be decent window and that’s turned out to be case. The difference is no one is deluding themselves into thinking our fortunes will dramatically change. We can all live in hope but the reality is we’re not a good team at the moment.

You do this a lot, come on here moaning at others for not being overcome with joy, it’s weird.

HCZ
31-01-2018, 04:10 PM
If people can’t present their opinion because they are afraid of being mocked, it makes the argument for gender dysphoria....if grown men are going to act like whiny little girls they may find they qualify for gender reassignment.

Look at Dumbledore, he’s almost too stupid to qualify as a retard but he doesn’t get upset

Well actually, he has got a bit of a persecution complex so maybe he’s a pussy as well.

Power n Glory
31-01-2018, 04:12 PM
It's a complete role reversal :lol:

You know how many times this guy used to come into match reaction threads and say all reactions were 'knee jerk'? :lol:

KSE Comedy Club
31-01-2018, 04:14 PM
You know how many times this guy used to come into match reaction threads and say all reactions were 'knee jerk'? :lol:

Indeed I do :)

GP
31-01-2018, 04:14 PM
Letters :lol:

KSE Comedy Club
31-01-2018, 04:16 PM
http://metro.co.uk/2018/01/31/pierre-emerick-aubameyang-transfer-shows-arsene-wenger-lost-control-arsenal-claims-alan-smith-7275172/

'Wenger has lost control with this signing' - Alan Smith

Niall_Quinn
31-01-2018, 05:53 PM

We're not total fucking mugs (any more). 6th place, losing to the bottom club "joy" isn't what it's cracked up to be.

My golden rule these days. Wenger out. No matter what. Who cares what's happening at the club? It makes no difference while he is still here. Get rid of that cunt and then you'll see what joy looks like.

Cripps
31-01-2018, 05:57 PM
Look at Dumbledore, he’s almost too stupid to qualify as a retard but he doesn’t get upset

:haha: :haha:

Cripps
31-01-2018, 05:59 PM

The best part is when he posts a condescending comment on purpose then when he gets a reaction posts QED:lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
31-01-2018, 06:51 PM
How can he score? I thought Auba drivers were banned in London.

:getcoat:

KSE Comedy Club
01-02-2018, 08:31 AM
How can he score? I thought Auba drivers were banned in London.

:getcoat:

Oh dear :tumbleweed:

KSE Comedy Club
01-02-2018, 08:34 AM
We're not total fucking mugs (any more). 6th place, losing to the bottom club "joy" isn't what it's cracked up to be.

My golden rule these days. Wenger out. No matter what. Who cares what's happening at the club? It makes no difference while he is still here. Get rid of that cunt and then you'll see what joy looks like.

Exactly how I see it tbh.

I'm ecstatic that we've signed Auba tbh. Fucking awesome statement to make.

But Wenger going will be a much bigger statement of intent - to show that we are ready to start challenging and winning again :good:

Niall_Quinn
01-02-2018, 11:17 AM
Aubameyang will wear the 14 shirt.

Big shoes to fill.

Unless Theo has taken his clown shoes with him?

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01389/shoes_1389718c.jpg

AFC Leveller
01-02-2018, 07:36 PM
Watching his goals for Dortmund, I noticed that a lot of his goals are tap ins inside or/and mainly inside the area. He tends to finish off moves and doesn't do what wenger wants from his strikers in this system, or hold the ball up and help build attacks. It is gonna be interesting to see if we play a different brand of football to accommodate him (and mkhi).

He doesn't play well with his back to goal, he doesn't dribble much and is a typical number 9, he is there to get on the end of things and finish off chances.

A couple years ago Vardy (very similar style of play) rejected because we didn't play the style of football he was used to or one that brought the best of out him and I'm hoping to play to Auba's strengths.

Power n Glory
01-02-2018, 07:38 PM
Watching his goals for Dortmund, I noticed that a lot of his goals are tap ins inside or/and mainly inside the area. He tends to finish off moves and doesn't do what wenger wants from his strikers in this system, or hold the ball up and help build attacks. It is gonna be interesting to see if we play a different brand of football to accommodate him (and mkhi).

He doesn't play well with his back to goal, he doesn't dribble much and is a typical number 9, he is there to get on the end of things and finish off chances.

A couple years ago Vardy (very similar style of play) rejected because we didn't play the style of football he was used to or one that brought the best of out him and I'm hoping to play to Auba's strengths.

Like Lacazette!

Alpha
01-02-2018, 07:43 PM
:haha:

No, no, you're right, sorry........ I mean, seriously........

:haha::haha::haha::haha:
You made my day mate . You are so funny . Hahahahhaahahahahahahahahaha.

KSE Comedy Club
01-02-2018, 08:58 PM
You made my date mate . You are so funny . Hahahahhaahahahahahahahahaha.
What can I say, it’s a gift.

I am truely blessed :good:

Niall_Quinn
01-02-2018, 09:05 PM

Wenger HAS to change the whole system and the whole style of play. And there's no way he can do it. So the way this works is Wenger is asked to step aside to make way for somebody who knows how to do the job. That is the ONLY solution available. I think certain people inside the club realise that and are working to achieve it. At least I hope that's the case.

Progress has been, is and will continue to be about Wenger leaving. Nothing else can happen until that happens.

HCZ
01-02-2018, 09:08 PM
Wenger HAS to change the whole system and the whole style of play. And there's no way he can do it. So the way this works is Wenger is asked to step aside to make way for somebody who knows how to do the job. That is the ONLY solution available. I think certain people inside the club realise that and are working to achieve it. At least I hope that's the case.

Progress has been, is and will continue to be about Wenger leaving. Nothing else can happen until that happens.

Possible if Aubemeyang struggles like Lacazette, there might at least be questions asked of why over 100 million of goal scoring talent has been made to look like a strike partnership of Emile Heskey and Ade Akinbiyi

Niall_Quinn
01-02-2018, 09:21 PM
Possible if Aubemeyang struggles like Lacazette, there might at least be questions asked of why over 100 million of goal scoring talent has been made to look like a strike partnership of Emile Heskey and Ade Akinbiyi

Heard on a podcast or on a video or somewhere yesterday a pundit comment that if Wenger coached a fish the fish would drown. That's true of all the players at the club now, not just Lacazette. I see every player as performing below their potential, because from time to time we see them step it up, we see they can pass a ball, they can cross a ball, they can show a bit of grit in a tackle. But Wenger gas fallen into the happy families style of coaching which has blunted everyone within a mile of the bloke. He should have been a priest, not a football manager. Make that a Jesuit priest, given his cunning and conniving approach to money matters.

I wasn't joking about the film reference either. If Wenger is not clinically an idiot savant then he's rivalling Hoffman in the acting stakes. Stan must see that too. An unrivalled genius when it comes to extracting money from a football club, and a fumbling child who has no capacity to learn, thumps his own head when he doesn't get his own way, has a pathological hatred of change, can't even do up his fucking coat.

Set against this we have to hope Aubameyang is good enough that regardless of how much Wenger tries to fuck him up he can still make a difference on the pitch. The challenge has defeated Lacazette, eventually took the wind out of Alexis' sails and almost broke Ozil. We'll soon see how much character the new guy has, and he'll need as much as he can muster.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
01-02-2018, 09:37 PM
You've been listening to Cundy on talk sport. You slut.

HCZ
01-02-2018, 09:41 PM
Heard on a podcast or on a video or somewhere yesterday a pundit comment that if Wenger coached a fish the fish would drown. That's true of all the players at the club now, not just Lacazette. I see every player as performing below their potential, because from time to time we see them step it up, we see they can pass a ball, they can cross a ball, they can show a bit of grit in a tackle. But Wenger gas fallen into the happy families style of coaching which has blunted everyone within a mile of the bloke. He should have been a priest, not a football manager. Make that a Jesuit priest, given his cunning and conniving approach to money matters.

I wasn't joking about the film reference either. If Wenger is not clinically an idiot savant then he's rivalling Hoffman in the acting stakes. Stan must see that too. An unrivalled genius when it comes to extracting money from a football club, and a fumbling child who has no capacity to learn, thumps his own head when he doesn't get his own way, has a pathological hatred of change, can't even do up his fucking coat.

Set against this we have to hope Aubameyang is good enough that regardless of how much Wenger tries to fuck him up he can still make a difference on the pitch. The challenge has defeated Lacazette, eventually took the wind out of Alexis' sails and almost broke Ozil. We'll soon see how much character the new guy has, and he'll need as much as he can muster.

When you’ve been in a job like that as long as Wenger has, and are pretty safe in that job. I think you are prone to the kind of mentality where you will do the most bizarre and unorthodox things in order to stick two fingers up at people saying you can’t do that.

Honestly if convention says that’s not going to work, Wengers first instinct is to say fuck convention. Rather than simply accept that he hadn’t done his homework on Xhaka and that he isn’t a box to box midfielder he doubles down and persists with him in that role....simply to say I told you so rather than admit he was wrong

I find it impossible to excuse any of the players though, the team we had out against Swansea, all of them are internationals, all of them have top flight experience at other clubs there simply is no excuse for them just to say well if no one else gives a shit neither will we. The midfield as poor as they are, all of them
Are capable of being more discipline on the ball than that, the defence know not to piss around in their own box....yes there may be no consequences to playing like a cunt, but it still makes you a cunt

Cripps
01-02-2018, 09:44 PM
You made my date mate . You are so funny . Hahahahhaahahahahahahahahaha.

You're on your phone on a date, poor girl :pal:

Niall_Quinn
01-02-2018, 09:51 PM
You've been listening to Cundy on talk sport. You slut.

Well at least I didn't know who it was.

But you seem to :redcard:

Power n Glory
01-02-2018, 10:01 PM
Aubameyang will wear the 14 shirt.

Big shoes to fill.

Unless Theo has taken his clown shoes with him?

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01389/shoes_1389718c.jpg

Walcott looked sharp for Everton. Nice touches, turns...2 goals and assist already. We'll see how long he keeps that form.

Niall_Quinn
01-02-2018, 10:04 PM
When you’ve been in a job like that as long as Wenger has, and are pretty safe in that job. I think you are prone to the kind of mentality where you will do the most bizarre and unorthodox things in order to stick two fingers up at people saying you can’t do that.

Honestly if convention says that’s not going to work, Wengers first instinct is to say fuck convention. Rather than simply accept that he hadn’t done his homework on Xhaka and that he isn’t a box to box midfielder he doubles down and persists with him in that role....simply to say I told you so rather than admit he was wrong

I find it impossible to excuse any of the players though, the team we had out against Swansea, all of them are internationals, all of them have top flight experience at other clubs there simply is no excuse for them just to say well if no one else gives a shit neither will we. The midfield as poor as they are, all of them
Are capable of being more discipline on the ball than that, the defence know not to piss around in their own box....yes there may be no consequences to playing like a cunt, but it still makes you a cunt

No way are those players as poor as that. They have been coached into being so poor. These players aren't playing with any instinct or ambition. Seems to me they are far more concerned with retaining possession, building little triangles, keeping the ball away from the opposition. Add to that a desire to conserve energy at all costs. If they can do less they will do less. Until the last few minutes of the half or if we fall a goal behind, then they can magically pick up the pace.

This is all Wenger. He has them following his fucked up principles of football rather than playing football. Look at the way we constantly try to engineer the best possible option in front of goal, as opposed to taking a chance where maybe the odds aren't great. We pass up 2, 3, 5 or 10 chances to shoot so we can work the sideways ball and try to advance from a 25% chance of scoring to a 25.000004% chance. Same with our play in the middle. When we get the ball and have the chance to transition to attack, what do we do? We slow it down, play it sideways, play it back, start building our little triangle and commence the long process of tip tapping it towards the opposition goal by a process of 12 passes sideways and back for each 1 pass forward. Keep the ball, keep the ball, don't lose the ball.

This is Wenger's terror made into a tactic. He bloody well knows he hasn't the faintest clue how to build a defence. He's never had to do it. Graham and Adams and Bould and then Campbell did it for him. And then those players retired and Wenger had to work in an area he has no clue about. And he brought in a stream of shite and we transformed into the soft touch we see today. So he resorted to keep ball instead. If they can't get the ball then they can't rape our laughable defence. It's fear.

And these are just some of the sick aspects of his game. How can a competitive player excel and how can a team knit together when you have such a horrible set of principles to uphold as a priority? Coward is the word I have consistently used to describe him. A coward on the pitch, a coward in the transfer market. Why didn't we want Kante? Because he wasn't as safe as an Arteta/ Xhaka. Of course Wenger's so past it now he couldn't spot that Xhaka is about as safe as a grenade with the pin out. But he had that tip, tap, tip, tap routine down that must have been attractive for Wenger.

As soon as we bring a new manager in - ANY MANAGER - the team will improve.

Niall_Quinn
01-02-2018, 10:05 PM
Walcott looked sharp for Everton. Nice touches, turns...2 goals and assist already. We'll see how long he keeps that form.

I wish him luck.

Not that he deserves it. How lucky can you get? A decade coasting on tens and hundreds of thousands a week?

Like any player escaping Wenger, I suspect he'll do okay.

Cripps
01-02-2018, 10:22 PM
No way are those players as poor as that. They have been coached into being so poor. These players aren't playing with any instinct or ambition. Seems to me they are far more concerned with retaining possession, building little triangles, keeping the ball away from the opposition. Add to that a desire to conserve energy at all costs. If they can do less they will do less. Until the last few minutes of the half or if we fall a goal behind, then they can magically pick up the pace.

This is all Wenger. He has them following his fucked up principles of football rather than playing football. Look at the way we constantly try to engineer the best possible option in front of goal, as opposed to taking a chance where maybe the odds aren't great. We pass up 2, 3, 5 or 10 chances to shoot so we can work the sideways ball and try to advance from a 25% chance of scoring to a 25.000004% chance. Same with our play in the middle. When we get the ball and have the chance to transition to attack, what do we do? We slow it down, play it sideways, play it back, start building our little triangle and commence the long process of tip tapping it towards the opposition goal by a process of 12 passes sideways and back for each 1 pass forward. Keep the ball, keep the ball, don't lose the ball.

This is Wenger's terror made into a tactic. He bloody well knows he hasn't the faintest clue how to build a defence. He's never had to do it. Graham and Adams and Bould and then Campbell did it for him. And then those players retired and Wenger had to work in an area he has no clue about. And he brought in a stream of shite and we transformed into the soft touch we see today. So he resorted to keep ball instead. If they can't get the ball then they can't rape our laughable defence. It's fear.

And these are just some of the sick aspects of his game. How can a competitive player excel and how can a team knit together when you have such a horrible set of principles to uphold as a priority? Coward is the word I have consistently used to describe him. A coward on the pitch, a coward in the transfer market. Why didn't we want Kante? Because he wasn't as safe as an Arteta/ Xhaka. Of course Wenger's so past it now he couldn't spot that Xhaka is about as safe as a grenade with the pin out. But he had that tip, tap, tip, tap routine down that must have been attractive for Wenger.

Knee jerk:sulk:

HCZ
01-02-2018, 10:33 PM

It’s not about whether they are poor or not, they simply just aren’t trying.

Wenger won’t punish these players for not blindly following his doctrine he will celebrate and take credit for it, when it works and pretend it was his own game plan.

Ozil plays for the top international team in world football and played three seasons at Real Madrid, it’s not brainwashing to give the ball away in our own half the way he did for that goal, it’s downright carelessness.

I’ve long given up expecting any play for the shirt passion, but these are professionals and to ignore the basics of their trade in such a way is unforgivable. Of course the manager is ultimately to blame for not punishing them, but if you can’t motivate yourself to be professional it’s not a good reflection on you.

There are players in that side who I just can’t knock, Iwobi doesn’t shirk the effort he’s just shit.

Monreal Tuesday night aside puts in a shift to compensate for his clear limitations as a footballer

But as shit as Wenger is as incomprehensible as his decisions are. If you decide you don’t fancy doing your job and know you can get away with it, as much as it’s a sad inditement on those who manage you. It makes you a bit of a prick as well.

Niall_Quinn
01-02-2018, 10:44 PM
It’s not about whether they are poor or not, they simply just aren’t trying.

Wenger won’t punish these players for not blindly following his doctrine he will celebrate and take credit for it, when it works and pretend it was his own game plan.

Ozil plays for the top international team in world football and played three seasons at Real Madrid, it’s not brainwashing to give the ball away in our own half the way he did for that goal, it’s downright carelessness.

I’ve long given up expecting any play for the shirt passion, but these are professionals and to ignore the basics of their trade in such a way is unforgivable. Of course the manager is ultimately to blame for not punishing them, but if you can’t motivate yourself to be professional it’s not a good reflection on you.

There are players in that side who I just can’t knock, Iwobi doesn’t shirk the effort he’s just shit.

Monreal Tuesday night aside puts in a shift to compensate for his clear limitations as a footballer

But as shit as Wenger is as incomprehensible as his decisions are. If you decide you don’t fancy doing your job and know you can get away with it, as much as it’s a sad inditement on those who manage you. It makes you a bit of a prick as well.

Fair enough, if this was the first week, month or even year of the insanity. But Wenger's looney ways have become the culture. Even Alexis, a player whose game is built around hustle and 100% effort, threw the towel in by the end. Yes of course, the sloppy passing and the general complacency is infuriating, or used to be. Now, instead, we call it a good performance when we get the basics right more times than not - that's how low the standard is now. But you tell a player, here's a hundred grand, there's London, oh, and by the way, we're having a kickabout on Saturday - feel free to join in. And then, no matter what happens on the pitch, you hear the manager talking about great spirit and great effort and how we got unlucky and how the ref did us and how we should have won on expected goals, you need to be some sort of special self motivator to block all that out. I'm not excusing the players, but when the manager deliberately avoids bringing in strong characters what is the likely outcome?

Wenger has painstakingly built this shit show. It's all on him as far as I'm concerned. As soon as we get a new manager in we'll see these players hop to it or ship out. Like a normal club. That's why I asked a while back, how many of these players are ruined beyond recovery and how many can be rescued. That will be the major question a new manager has to answer when he arrives. I don't envy whoever that is. What a mess he'll have to tackle.

HCZ
01-02-2018, 10:49 PM
I think we are talking at cross purposes, of course Wenger is responsible he has created that atmosphere

And maybe it’s a generational thing where these guys simply haven’t been brought up to take personal responsibility

I don’t think it’s even character, a strong character would be shouting at team mates and balling them out

You don’t need character just to do your own job, just a sense of professional pride.

And whilst there was a definite weakness of mentality in Arsenal’s teams down the years. I think the simply not trying to do even the basics is relatively new.

Basically we’ve had the same old same old for years and in the last year or two it’s gone from predictable capitulation to just shambolic.

Six wins from 16, there are no more bursts of good runs to get us in the top four. Anyone who thinks we will go on any kind of run now is deluded. That’s 80% on Wenger, 20% on players who are going through the motions

Alpha
01-02-2018, 11:57 PM
6th in the league, 23 points behind the league leaders, 8 points behind 4th place, just lost to Swansea 3-1, 7 league defeats so far and over a decade since our last major success.

Yeah you're right the Aubameyang signing just erases that from our memories.

Sometimes, it is good to take it ease . Football is just like your own life . There are times when things don’t go the way you are expecting. You don’t have to stress yourself out for that because you’d be only damaging your own health .
Many people want Wenger to go . But we must understand that he will quit only when he wants as the board won’t sack him because they owe him a lot .
So should I kill myself for that ? No chance for me . I know a day will come and he will step down .
I used to like Van Persie too much and I never expected him to leave . Let alone join United. He did and I was deeply shocked and disappointed. But I always move on quickly from any disappointment. That’s my policy .

Alpha
02-02-2018, 12:02 AM
You're on your phone on a date, poor girl :pal:

Thanks for the correction. I wanted to say day and not date .

Alpha
02-02-2018, 12:10 AM
Tiresome.

We had our time to enjoy good football just like Manchester United. Then Chelsea took over after 50 years of cup drought. Now it’s City’s turn.
We want Wenger to go but that might not happen anytime soon. What the point of stressing ourselves out needlessly for people who are making thousands of pounds from our money and don’t take our views seriously ?

Niall_Quinn
02-02-2018, 12:52 AM
Sometimes, it is good to take it ease . Football is just like your own life . There are times when things don’t go the way you are expecting. You don’t have to stress yourself out for that because you’d be only damaging your own health .
Many people want Wenger to go . But we must understand that he will quit only when he wants as the board won’t sack him because they owe him a lot .
So should I kill myself for that ? No chance for me . I know a day will come and he will step down .
I used to like Van Persie too much and I never expected him to leave . Let alone join United. He did and I was deeply shocked and disappointed. But I always move on quickly from any disappointment. That’s my policy .

Fair enough. But if everyone had that policy the world would be massively more fucked than it already is. At least SOME people need to get angry at blatant corruption, and you can be sure that's what has happened to Arsenal. A horrible yank cunt who cares only for money has hijacked the club with the assistance, at every step, of a charlatan who claims to love the club. This is very typical in the modern world. Robbers arrive smiling and professing love. In sport, in politics, in every aspect of life. Most people just assume they are powerless and so these robbers prevail and are encouraged to perpetrate more robbery. Still though, enough normal, everyday people tend to stand up against the worst abuses (the ones they are aware of anyway) and just about manage to contain the corruption that would otherwise be rampant and utterly destructive. I don't think it is right to discourage the minority who hold the line for the mainly disinterested majority. By all means, be disinterested. But don't actually dive in and help the bad guys by attacking those who would speak out against them.

And, btw, there's plenty that could be done to get Kroenke and Wenger out. Kings and queens have been ousted. Despots and emperors have been run to ground. Kroenke and Wenger are a light snack for the people by comparison. If we really wanted. But, unlike them, we are civilised. Fortunately for them.

Niall_Quinn
02-02-2018, 12:55 AM
We had our time to enjoy good football just like Manchester United. Then Chelsea took over after 50 years of cup drought. Now it’s City’s turn.
We want Wenger to go but that might not happen anytime soon. What the point of stressing ourselves out needlessly for people who are making thousands of pounds from our money and don’t take our views seriously ?

There is nothing we can do. We must give up. We must accept. We have no choice.

Nihil possumus facere. Nos autem debemus gratias. Debemus accipere. Arbitrium non habemus.

Not much of a club motto. Except in length.

Victoria Concordia Crescit

Victory through Harmony

No victories. No harmony.

Whose fault? Should it be us that meekly walk away?

I don't think so.

Cripps
02-02-2018, 08:05 AM
:lol: commando NQ :bow:

Master Splinter
03-02-2018, 07:25 PM
One scored. Should have had three.

Aubameshite until he shows he's more ruthless than Lacashite.

Niall_Quinn
03-02-2018, 07:26 PM
One scored. Should have had three.

Aubameshite until he shows he's more ruthless than Lacashite.

Sell him. He's shit.

Master Splinter
03-02-2018, 07:27 PM
Sell him.

We'd only get £12m for him.

Niall_Quinn
03-02-2018, 07:27 PM
We'd only get £12m for him.

Not if we let his contract run down.

Master Splinter
03-02-2018, 07:36 PM
Not if we let his contract run down.

Well of course, as well you know I must say that is the ideal situation for everyone.

Will we do it? I am not sure. But we will try our best to get the worst possible deal, yes.

McNamara That Ghost...
28-10-2018, 04:12 PM
Joint top scorer in the league now. :bow:

I think he must see out every game he plays.

Master Splinter
18-07-2020, 09:24 PM
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has now scored 66 goals for Arsenal in all competitions. Since his debut for the club, only Liverpool's Mohamed Salah (68) has scored more among Premier League players.

:bow: :bow:

And that's in an absolute pub team under four different managers.

What a man.

Sign him up you morans.