PDA

View Full Version : Summer transfer joy and happiness

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Cripps
02-02-2018, 02:13 PM
It's time to switch attention to the summer.

We have a big summer ahead of us with a number of players heading into their final year, players ageing and players retiring.

We also have SAS in full effect and it seems like they're already planning a madness:

New Head of Football Relations at Arsenal, Raul Sanllehi, has identified Atletico Madrid goalkeeper Jan Oblak as the club’s main transfer target for the summer. [SPORT] #afc https://t.co/NwYvYAkFH1

SAS :bow: :bow:

HCZ
02-02-2018, 02:17 PM
I think that would be a hard get

But I’d love Oblak....absolutely too keeper

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
02-02-2018, 02:17 PM
Only goalie I can think of we might get of high repute.

Could have had an academy core if we brought back sneezy and had Wilshere and Maitland-Niles in the middle of the park and allowed Bellerin to progresss with support around him.

I like the look of Diallo too.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
02-02-2018, 02:27 PM
Think we also need to hang about Marketing's back of house and see what shakes loose from their garbage bins. We don't need him, but Isco is gravy and I hear Asensio is pretty handy too.

We need someone like Seri though and a settled defensive system and ethos.

GP
02-02-2018, 02:32 PM
Oblak's release clause is £80m.

He's good but I can't see it.

Cripps
02-02-2018, 02:38 PM
My question is would he come here and improve or follow the trend of others keepers?

We need better GK coaches. Our keepers of late have been shite. Cech was still pretty good at Chelsea but has been shocking here. Fabianski was meh here and has become good at Swansea. Same with Chezza.

There's a deeper problem.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
02-02-2018, 02:41 PM
For that price we might as well activate Griezmanns release clause(reported 87 mil)....but I think Atletico would accept far less for Oblak.

Cripps
02-02-2018, 03:01 PM
For that price we might as well activate Griezmanns release clause(reported 87 mil)....but I think Atletico would accept far less for Oblak.

And stick him in goal? Can actually see Wenger doing that tbf.

Marc Overmars
02-02-2018, 04:41 PM
A top CB and CM has to be the priority.

I’d quite like a traditional kind of winger too if there’s a decent one available.

Cripps
02-02-2018, 04:56 PM
Theo Walcott?

The Emirates Gallactico
02-02-2018, 06:16 PM
We need a GK but it's rather the same problem we have with our defenders. We could sign Oblak or Buffon in his prime and we'll still conspire to ship in a truck load of goals simply by the haphazard nature of how we defend as a team.

Özim
02-02-2018, 06:22 PM
Simeone and his team are great at talent spotting, the amount of top quality players they've found is amazing!

Goalkeepers and strikers in particular but generally we could use with that kind of talent spotting ability.

Cripps
02-02-2018, 10:51 PM
John Cross says it could be the old goat's final season:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/could-arsene-wenger-arsenal-finally-11961158

:pray:

Cripps
03-02-2018, 08:38 AM
Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema 'already househunting in London ahead of Arsenal move in the summer'

https://t.co/RPgOxwOEb8 https://t.co/3HURSSarZ8

:lol: FFS

McNamara That Ghost...
03-02-2018, 09:58 AM
We'll be signing Trabelsi too.

Cripps
03-02-2018, 11:01 AM
Happy birthday Low :bow:

Next Arsenal manager :bow:

The Emirates Gallactico
03-02-2018, 02:24 PM
Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema 'already househunting in London ahead of Arsenal move in the summer'

https://t.co/RPgOxwOEb8 https://t.co/3HURSSarZ8

:lol: FFS

It's like London buses. You wait ages for one and suddenly three come together.

GP
03-02-2018, 10:26 PM
So, remember in the Summer, Lacazette was all set to go to Atletico to replace Griezmann, but then they got that transfer ban and Griezmann ended up staying?

We should offer them Lacazette for Oblak.

Cripps
04-02-2018, 02:08 PM
Looks like Wenger has gone pure defensive mode and fought for Dick Law to stay during summer to limit Sanllehi's influence:

Football notebook: Wenger gets boost as key ally stays put at #AFC to help plan Frenchman's final season in charge, reports @MattHughesTimes https://t.co/ykKPLOM40b

So another hectic summer full of power struggles then? :lol:

Cripps
04-02-2018, 03:41 PM
Liverpool eye stunning move for Jack Wilshere with Klopp 'ready to pounce if he rejects new deal' https://t.co/WihwuUPg5M https://t.co/sAXqBOeyic

:lol: can see this happening and Jack going on to better things like Ox.

Özim
05-02-2018, 11:26 AM
It's not looking good with his contract, no sign of him signing and when this has happened in the past they've usually moved on. Don't get the delay to be honest.

Marc Overmars
05-02-2018, 11:54 AM
I think Wheelchair will sign. I think the club know they potentially face a bigger backlash if he walked out than if Ozil did.

KSE Comedy Club
05-02-2018, 11:55 AM
Hopefully he has told the club to stick their pay cut offer up their arses and offer him a proper deal.

Globalgunner
05-02-2018, 12:53 PM
Dont care if jack goes or stays. Under a new manager he might improve. Its obvious he reckons he has a chance at the WC, only as a back-up at this rate. For his own career advancement, I suggest he leaves.

Cripps
05-02-2018, 01:34 PM
Would love Jack to stay, stay fit and become captain.

Rumours are Ramsey may want out. Apparently he's tired of the abuse he gets at the Emirates:lol: :console:

Gooner23
05-02-2018, 01:40 PM
I'd like to see Jack sign a new contract.

If we could get big money for Ramsey in the summer we should sell him though. Inury prone and plays for himself most of the time. With all the attacking players in the team we need two centre mids that are disciplined.

Özim
05-02-2018, 02:00 PM
The way I see it the club have stuck by him through thick and thin, he's been indisciplined off the field, injury prone on it and has never really delivered on the field, if he loves the club as much as he says he does it's a gimme that he signs, it's not like he won't be earning good money.

He's had a handful of decent matches in reality and then got ill and missed a match, he has to give something back to the club as he's been earning big money for being injured thus far.

Niall_Quinn
05-02-2018, 02:21 PM
Looks like Wenger has gone pure defensive mode and fought for Dick Law to stay during summer to limit Sanllehi's influence:

Football notebook: Wenger gets boost as key ally stays put at #AFC to help plan Frenchman's final season in charge, reports @MattHughesTimes https://t.co/ykKPLOM40b

So another hectic summer full of power struggles then? :lol:

Wenger will wreck things right up until his last minute. Sad bloke. He fails, fails, fails, fails and then fails some more. His solution? Stick with it and keep doing the same thing over and over and over. Same people, same bullshit, same result. If he stays beyond this season he'll undo anything that has been put in place to drag us out of the fathomless hole he's dug for himself and the club.

Marc Overmars
05-02-2018, 02:31 PM
Would love Jack to stay, stay fit and become captain.

Rumours are Ramsey may want out. Apparently he's tired of the abuse he gets at the Emirates:lol: :console:

His style might not be to everyone's liking but he's probably the most complete midfielder we have. He's actually someone who I think would benefit most from a new coach.

He's great and frustrating in equal measure but I would certainly keep him and of course 2 cup final winners, he's worthy of his place here.

HCZ
05-02-2018, 02:58 PM
I’d love to see Ramsey go.

He’s like a second arguably third rate Frank Lampard

If he’s not scoring goals his overall contribution is negligible most of the time

Can’t deal with being pressed. I’d much prefer us to be ruthless. I used to remember city and Barcelona being linked with him, if there was any truth in that we should have sold him long before now.

If we start him and Xhaka against Spurs we are asking to get bummed

Cripps
05-02-2018, 03:03 PM
I'm sick and tired of the banter era losers so the more we ship the better. Replace them with beasts like Mkhitaryan and Aubameyang.

But Ramsey has potential. Under a proper manager he would be good.

But at the same time he's 27 and so inconsistent. Can we find someone better? Yep.

So I'm meh whether he stays or goes :shrug:

Cripps
05-02-2018, 03:05 PM
If we start him and Xhaka against Spurs we are asking to get bummed

More homosexual connotations.

I bloody knew it.

HCZ
05-02-2018, 03:06 PM
More homosexual connotations.

I bloody knew it.

I’m sorry to disappoint you

I won’t be going to Pride with you

Plus you shouldn’t have any Pride about the things you get up to. You should be deeply, deeply ashamed

Niall_Quinn
05-02-2018, 03:30 PM
I'm sick and tired of the banter era losers so the more we ship the better. Replace them with beasts like Mkhitaryan and Aubameyang.

But at the same time he's 27 and so inconsistent. Can we find someone better? Yep.

It's just the opening play on what will likely be protracted negotiations. Long gone are the players who sign whatever is put in front of them because, first and foremost, they want to play for the club. Now everything is a negotiation and hanging your arse out for the highest bidder.

Marc Overmars
05-02-2018, 04:56 PM

We can always find someone better than the majority of players we have but whether we will is another matter. I think Ramsey as inconsistent as he is, is possibly our most complete midfielder in that he contributes as much defensively as he does going forward.

But as said I think he could benefit a lot from a new manager and whenever Wenker fucks off I think Ramsey is one I'd like to see stick around and be one of the leaders.

Penguin
05-02-2018, 08:04 PM

I think Ramsey's a lost cause personally. Shame really because If he was coached properly when he was in his early 20s he could have been a beast of a player.

Cripps
05-02-2018, 08:26 PM
I think most of the banter era are tbh. They spent their development years being torn to shreds in a tactically deficient team learning fuck all because of our laissez faire manager. That was the age they were supposed to be taught, coached and developed but most had to learn themselves and you see the result.

I bet 90% of them regret joining us.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
05-02-2018, 09:50 PM
I like Ramsey and would prefer he and Jack stayed....but if we offlload him I hope we get fuhking paid this time and I hope we actually have a clear discernible plan about what we are trying to achieve with this midfield.

Now he has the assist maestros behind him, he really should be looking to sign the ting.....because he could easily become that 20 goal a season player from midfield (injury permitting).

Niall_Quinn
05-02-2018, 09:51 PM
I like Ramsey and would prefer he and Jack stayed....but if we offlload him I hope we get fuhking paid this time and I hope we actually have a clear discernible plan about what we are trying to achieve with this midfield.

Now he has the assist maestros behind him, he really should be looking to sign the ting.....because he could easily become that 20 goal a season player from midfield (injury permitting).

We need to buy Lukaka. And we need a striker too.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
05-02-2018, 10:06 PM
Wouldn't mind him playing CB for the Arsenal to be honest. And he speaks 6 languages so should be able to tell the rest of the back line to 'chase your fuhking man' in a language they all understand.

Niall_Quinn
05-02-2018, 10:09 PM
Wouldn't mind him playing CB for the Arsenal to be honest. And he speaks 6 languages so should be able to tell the rdifference st of the back line to 'chase your fuhking man' in a language they all understand.

African players are a problem tbf.

KSE Comedy Club
05-02-2018, 11:23 PM
African players are a problem tbf.

I’ve heard they can be a bit of a handful at times too.....

and kill babies

Cripps
06-02-2018, 12:46 AM
Them or their anacondas?

KSE Comedy Club
06-02-2018, 07:50 AM
Animalist :sulk:

Cripps
06-02-2018, 10:47 AM
:lol:

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
06-02-2018, 11:06 AM
Animalist :sulk:

Humour me will you..... what was your last user name?

KSE Comedy Club
06-02-2018, 11:23 AM
Humour me will you..... what was your last user name?

Jeebus

I quit the name due to a lack of faith :good:

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
06-02-2018, 12:00 PM
Ahhh, gotcha!

Niall_Quinn
06-02-2018, 12:14 PM
Jeebus

I quit the name due to a lack of faith :good:

I thought you were the real Jesus for a while, given I had nothing to prove otherwise. Obviously not the case though. Disappointing.

KSE Comedy Club
06-02-2018, 12:28 PM
I thought you were the real Jesus for a while, given I had nothing to prove otherwise. Obviously not the case though. Disappointing.

I was the real Jesus.

Trouble is, most people thought I was a cult leader or a cunt. For years I've been stopped by strangers, begging me to make people walk or heal the sick - fucking liberty! One day I had just finished my shopping in Tesco and walked out of the store and some pillock followed me all the way to my car, shouting at me, asking me to turn his 8 pack of Evian into wine so he could get pissed on the cheap!

Do they think I'm a fucking miracle worker or something !?!

I couldn't put up with it anymore, so I gave up the sandals and white dress (looked twatish anyway)

I'm much happier nowadays :)

Niall_Quinn
06-02-2018, 01:41 PM
I was the real Jesus.

Trouble is, most people thought I was a cult leader or a cunt. For years I've been stopped by strangers, begging me to make people walk or heal the sick - fucking liberty! One day I had just finished my shopping in Tesco and walked out of the store and some pillock followed me all the way to my car, shouting at me, asking me to turn his 8 pack of Evian into wine so he could get pissed on the cheap!

I couldn't put up with it anymore, so I gave up the sandals and white dress (looked twatish anyway)

I fucking KNEW Jesus shopped at Tesco!

HCZ
06-02-2018, 01:50 PM
I was the real Jesus.

Do you blame your crucifixtion on the Joos?

KSE Comedy Club
06-02-2018, 04:00 PM
I fucking KNEW Jesus shopped at Tesco!

Every little helps

KSE Comedy Club
06-02-2018, 04:04 PM
Do you blame your crucifixtion on the Joos?

That was a real bastard time, my palms still itch now

hobson's choice
06-02-2018, 04:58 PM
Experience CDM, another young CM, CB, GK and RB to push/spell Bellerin

Release Cech, listen to offers for Ramsey, and Xhaka. 1 off the CB's not named Holding and The Greek has gotta go.

Özim
06-02-2018, 05:13 PM
Is holding going to be the new Jenkinson, a guy plucked from obscurity who has a few decent games and people think is a great signing who then struggles for the rest of his time here.

Globalgunner
06-02-2018, 05:24 PM
Is holding going to be the new Jenkinson, a guy plucked from obscurity who has a few decent games and people think is a great signing who then struggles for the rest of his time here.

Every CB suffers under Wenger. I wouldnt blame the players too much, he doesnt improve anyone's game as we dont coach, just train. Merts and Kosc are due for release. The rest deserve another chance under a new coach.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
06-02-2018, 06:17 PM
Experience CDM, another young CM, CB, GK and RB to push/spell Bellerin

Release Cech, listen to offers for Ramsey, and Xhaka. 1 off the CB's not named Holding and The Greek has gotta go.

AMN can easily cover Bellerin and it would make a lot of sense to but a CDM is desperately needed.

hobson's choice
06-02-2018, 08:25 PM
AMN can easily cover Bellerin and it would make a lot of sense to but a CDM is desperately needed.

Lets not turn him into another positionless Wenger project. Either bring someone or promote an actual RB from our youth ranks.

Enough with this playing young players everywhere but the position they actual learned how to play at.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
06-02-2018, 11:42 PM
Wenger project or not I happen to think he plays full back and have done for some considerable time so that is my view.

He is young and developmental enough that his position should not be cast in stone....
We aren't going to spend a considerable amount on a back up right back either with at least 3 more pressing positions to address.....so we shouldn't we promote from within? If there was a natural understudy RB ready to play back up now I assume he'd already be in the picture but as there is not I see no reason why AMN can't.

Cripps
07-02-2018, 07:33 AM
Bellerin: "So many people tweet me saying focus on the game (having seen me at fashion shows or whatever) & I am just like don't worry...I am a human being. I have passions, I have hobbies but equally, I am a footballer & thats my main focus" #afc https://t.co/8MvrZAiibp

Penguin
07-02-2018, 08:32 AM
Wenger project or not I happen to think he plays full back and have done for some considerable time so that is my view.

He is young and developmental enough that his position should not be cast in stone....
We aren't going to spend a considerable amount on a back up right back either with at least 3 more pressing positions to address.....so we shouldn't we promote from within? If there was a natural understudy RB ready to play back up now I assume he'd already be in the picture but as there is not I see no reason why AMN can't.

I'd like to see AMN be given a run at RB actually. I've been impressed by him at LB and even though he has made some mistakes he has done quite well defensively.

Bellerin isn't a good defender himself and he's not even a good attacking fullback. Apart from running fast what does he do? He's been Wengerised. Safe pass, safe pass, safe pass, weak floated cross to nobody. Not even Giroud could make anything out of his crosses.

AMN is much more proactive in the final third, give him a chance.

HCZ
07-02-2018, 09:13 AM
I'd like to see AMN be given a run at RB actually. I've been impressed by him at LB and even though he has made some mistakes he has done quite well defensively.

Bellerin isn't a good defender himself and he's not even a good attacking fullback. Apart from running fast what does he do? He's been Wengerised. Safe pass, safe pass, safe pass, weak floated cross to nobody. Not even Giroud could make anything out of his crosses.

AMN is much more proactive in the final third, give him a chance.

Why on earth would you do that

It’s like turning on the air conditioning in your flat when there’s a raging fire in the corridor

We need players that have pace and are strong on the ball in central midfield and AMN is a central midfielder

Cripps
07-02-2018, 10:43 AM

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
07-02-2018, 11:59 AM
Football isn't a 40 hr a week job. Why can't people just accept he has the time to wear some tramps clothes and be a top professional.

When he over hits a cross into orbit it's not because he was wearing a skirt a week earlier.

Globalgunner
07-02-2018, 12:05 PM
Quince wouldnt mind AMN have a run in goal to replace Cech. Some of us are guilty of the same numptiness that Wenger personifies. Somebody plays well in one position for all his adolescence years and more. Wenger buys him and plays him in a completely different position.....Fans start blaming the player. AMN deserves a chance in the midfield. In a few years from now we will hear the kid refuses to extend his contract and we under why.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
07-02-2018, 12:06 PM
I actually think Bellerin can be the best right back in the world so am inclined to persist with him there. I just think that I can make my peace with AMN who I agree has been very good on the left as a back up right back, especially if he excels and it actually gives Hector some competition.

To be clear, I actually want to see AMN in midfield but I think he is good enough and young enough to excel in a few positions and to my disappointment, clearly Wenger is reluctant to play him in midfield.

We have Xhaka in midfield not Xabi Alonso and he still won't give him a go.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
07-02-2018, 12:11 PM
Quince wouldnt mind AMN have a run in goal to replace Cech. Some of us are guilty of the same numptiness that Wenger personifies. Somebody plays well in one position for all his adolescence years and more. Wenger buys him and plays him in a completely different position.....Fans start blaming the player. AMN deserves a chance in the midfield. In a few years from now we will hear the kid refuses to extend his contract and we under why.
I think you need to check your facts on how many players are in academies, play 1 position and graduate to full top pros in that same position and actually stay there.

You will happily ignore the times Wenger has successfully identified qualities that were useful in another position because it suits your view but in reality young players positions are more fluid than you want to believe.

Globalgunner
07-02-2018, 12:14 PM
I actually think Bellerin can be the best right back in the world so am inclined to persist with him there. I just think that I can make my peace with AMN who I agree has been very good on the left as a back up right back, especially if he excels and it actually gives Hector some competition.

To be clear, I actually want to see AMN in midfield but I think he is good enough and young enough to excel in a few positions and to my disappointment, clearly Wenger is reluctant to play him in midfield.

We have Xhaka in midfield not Xabi Alonso and he still won't give him a go.

Wengers eccentricity should not be the new normal. He ruins players. take Kieran Gibbs for instance. He came through the ranks a a LW, he was excellent for us in an Emirates cup game some years ago. Wenger deployed him as LB did not coach him there and it stuck. 10 years and he is still a rubbish LB

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
07-02-2018, 12:21 PM
So you think his actual issue is that he was a LW and not that he simply didn't have what it took to be a top player?

Globalgunner
07-02-2018, 12:27 PM
So you think his actual issue is that he was a LW and not that he simply didn't have what it took to be a top player?

Do you think Messi would have been a great LB/RB?

Do you think Bolt would be a great cricketer.

If you were a great swimmer in school. Would you heed your coach telling you to take up gymnastics instead?

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
07-02-2018, 12:48 PM
Had Messi been a Full back would you be complaining when he got to a point in his career when fans who'd been 'Wengered' had the temerity to question whether he could be an excellent forward rather than full back?

And would you be saying....don't change his position, he's too small, too weak, don't play with a players position etc etc....

Globalgunner
07-02-2018, 12:56 PM
Had Messi been a Full back would you be complaining when he got to a point in his career when fans who'd been 'Wengered' had the temerity to question whether he could be an excellent forward rather than full back?

And would you be saying....don't change his position, he's too small, too weak, don't play with a players position etc etc....

If Wenger had been his manager. Yes. The only..success Wenger has had with positional change is Henry.....
Otherwise it has been a catalogue of errors. You should be basing your opinions on Wengers track record...not on winning a pointless argument.

Wenger does these things because he is cheap. Change a players position instead of buying someone fit for purpose. It hardly works. Gio van Bronkhurst...midfielder of some repute. Wenger signs him....Hey presto he is a LB. He also does it because of ego and his insatiable need for adulation....In the offchance it works,, the press will laud him as a great seer. If it doesnt and we still make top 4...then the old legend of fighting the good fight on the cheap goes on.

Penguin
07-02-2018, 02:08 PM
Why on earth would you do that

It’s like turning on the air conditioning in your flat when there’s a raging fire in the corridor

We need players that have pace and are strong on the ball in central midfield and AMN is a central midfielder

Because the discussion was about RB not CM. Blink mentioned AMN as competition to Bellerin and I agree that he has the tools to be very good there. Bellerin needs a kick up the arse and I could see AMN doing a job there like Ox did last season.

But yeah CM is a concern. I haven't really seen AMN in CM but I'm not holding my breath after seeing how our other 'home coached' CMs turned out. Wilshere and Ramsey still to this day can't defend or control the midfield. I'm all for giving him a chance though.

Power n Glory
07-02-2018, 02:13 PM

It’s not that straight forward. I can see why Blink thinks AMN can play RB. He’s looking at his attributes as a player. That’s always the starting point. There isn’t anything in his game physically or technically that should stop him from being able to play RB. Where Wenger fails as a coach is on the mental side. Helping a player develop their understanding and reading of the game is his weak point. On some occasions, he plays certain players in a position they clearly don’t have the attributes for. That’s where there is a bit of a muddle in your argument.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
07-02-2018, 02:35 PM
If Wenger had been his manager. Yes. The only..success Wenger has had with positional change is Henry.....
Otherwise it has been a catalogue of errors. You should be basing your opinions on Wengers track record...not on winning a pointless argument.

Wenger does these things because he is cheap. Change a players position instead of buying someone fit for purpose. It hardly works. Gio van Bronkhurst...midfielder of some repute. Wenger signs him....Hey presto he is a LB. He also does it because of ego and his insatiable need for adulation....In the offchance it works,, the press will laud him as a great seer. If it doesnt and we still make top 4...then the old legend of fighting the good fight on the cheap goes on.

As I've already stated, my view is based on what I see and what I know of academies and how they actually work in terms of players playing in different positions. You thought it necessary to bring Wenger into this as a factor as you and many seem obsessed with the idea that if an opinion is held that is not in opposition to Wenger's every action, that its a result of being Wengerised.

HCZ
07-02-2018, 04:07 PM
As I've already stated, my view is based on what I see and what I know of academies and how they actually work in terms of players playing in different positions. You thought it necessary to bring Wenger into this as a factor as you and many seem obsessed with the idea that if an opinion is held that is not in opposition to Wenger's every action, that its a result of being Wengerised.

I don’t object to AMN playing there in of itself, I just think when we lack dynamism in central midfield so desperately it seems to be a waste to play him at fullback

Bellerin seems to have lost confidence, I don’t think he’s suddenly become a bad player

Globalgunner
07-02-2018, 04:26 PM
The counter to the argument is to give us a success story of Wenger converting a player to a new position and it being a resounding success. In theory anything is possible wrt to player development. Which other storied manager do you hear boasting about how he converts players to new positions. And yes it is all about Wenger. Did Fergie go about converting players. Do international managers play players in wrong positions. Noi they dont each p;lays the best player in the best position...That is how you win big things.

Please tell me which player Wenger has brilliantly converted to any position. Instead of developing players he befuddles them and stunts their development. Djourou, Senderos, Chambers, and many others.

Do not be confused..it is all about Wenger that was the original position I proposed to you. You are also now finding your self suckered into his delusions. He wont play AMN in CM because his favourites are all there Xhaka Ramsey etc. If all that matters is AMN playing somewhere then so be it. Why not GK, CB?

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
07-02-2018, 04:54 PM
I could continue this but frankly I simply can't be arsed once I see the pattern of someone repeatedly missing/ignoring key points.

Cripps
07-02-2018, 06:54 PM

Power n Glory
07-02-2018, 08:07 PM
The counter to the argument is to give us a success story of Wenger converting a player to a new position and it being a resounding success. In theory anything is possible wrt to player development. Which other storied manager do you hear boasting about how he converts players to new positions. And yes it is all about Wenger. Did Fergie go about converting players. Do international managers play players in wrong positions. Noi they dont each p;lays the best player in the best position...That is how you win big things.

Please tell me which player Wenger has brilliantly converted to any position. Instead of developing players he befuddles them and stunts their development. Djourou, Senderos, Chambers, and many others.

Do not be confused..it is all about Wenger that was the original position I proposed to you. You are also now finding your self suckered into his delusions. He wont play AMN in CM because his favourites are all there Xhaka Ramsey etc. If all that matters is AMN playing somewhere then so be it. Why not GK, CB?

Santi Cazorla, RVP and Henry for Wenger.

Other managers convert players all the time. You don't have to look far. Victor Moses, Firmino, Sturridge, Garth Bale, Mascherano, Zidane started his career as a DM, Ballack too, Schweinsteiger from winger to DM, Lahm from full back to DM, Messi was an out and out winger and turned to a striker, same for Ronaldo...it happens all the time.

Power n Glory
07-02-2018, 08:29 PM
Oh and Bergkamp started his career as winger.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
07-02-2018, 09:46 PM
Ironically Hector himself I'm told was a midfielder at la Masia but I couldn't be bothered to verify and I sensed the debate was a lost cause anyway.

And you haven't even exhausted the list under Wenger alone.

Power n Glory
08-02-2018, 07:40 AM
Not even close when it comes to Wenger. Santi and RVP are two examples that most people on here have witnessed from the start of their Arsenal careers to the end. Wenger has a long history of converting players. I think Lauren was a midfielder before Wenger converted him to wingback, I don't even know what Toure was before getting his shot with us. I think he'd play striker or even wingback. Ljunberg was more of attacking midfielder than winger, Wiltord striker, was Petit a CB?

He used to have the Midas touch back in his day but he now has the Dim Mak! Blindspots in all areas of his management now. Player development, form, building confidence, tactics....

Özim
08-02-2018, 10:12 AM
Toure started off with us on the wing I think, was decent there in his first game.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
08-02-2018, 02:13 PM
Toure came as a midfielder.....and ended up a centre back.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
08-02-2018, 02:14 PM
Not even close when it comes to Wenger. Santi and RVP are two examples that most people on here have witnessed from the start of their Arsenal careers to the end. Wenger has a long history of converting players. I think Lauren was a midfielder before Wenger converted him to wingback, I don't even know what Toure was before getting his shot with us. I think he'd play striker or even wingback. Ljunberg was more of attacking midfielder than winger, Wiltord striker, was Petit a CB?

He used to have the Midas touch back in his day but he now has the Dim Mak! Blindspots in all areas of his management now. Player development, form, building confidence, tactics....

You're right about Lauren yes and Petit was a defender too yes.

Power n Glory
08-02-2018, 02:27 PM
Didn't Beckham start off as a CM and Fergie moved him to play on the wing because of his crossing skills?

There is nothing in Beckham's game, outside of crossing, that suggests he'd be more suited to wing play. Wasn't quick, wasn't dribbler.... but his ability to cross just seemed to outweigh everything.

That's an example of Fergie taking an unorthodox approach.

Master Splinter
08-02-2018, 02:49 PM
I remember when Fergie played a team of full-backs, centre-backs, some temps, a janitor and Nani and embarrassed us.

FFS Wenger.

Master Splinter
08-02-2018, 02:58 PM
In terms of Arsenal, Gibbs was also a midfielder in his youth days. Iwobi was mostly a striker. I'm sure Djourou alternated between defence and midfield too. Song was similar. Wilshere used to play on the wing too when he was getting all those rave reviews as a kid.

And do not forget also that Flamini was little bit world-class left-back in our Champions League run. Until WengBOT dropped him for some cunt in the final.

Globalgunner
08-02-2018, 03:27 PM
Papers are reporting AMN is yet to sign an extension to his contract which has 18months to run. Has no one informed him of Wengers famed conversion skills?.

Can Wenger turn a committed gay man straight?. He should try.

Cripps
08-02-2018, 03:42 PM
Anyone else noticed how the quality of debate has gone up now Letters doesn't post in the Arsenal sections? :rose:

Power n Glory
08-02-2018, 04:53 PM
In terms of Arsenal, Gibbs was also a midfielder in his youth days. Iwobi was mostly a striker. I'm sure Djourou alternated between defence and midfield too. Song was similar. Wilshere used to play on the wing too when he was getting all those rave reviews as a kid.

And do not forget also that Flamini was little bit world-class left-back in our Champions League run. Until WengBOT dropped him for some cunt in the final.

I remember Wilshere on the wing. Such a talent. Great ball control and when taking on his man he'd have no fear and would glide right past them. Funny thing is, he was always a central player and was in the middle for games in the reserve squad from what I remember.

He's terrible on the wing now. He used to really look the part out wide.

Niall_Quinn
08-02-2018, 05:57 PM
Anyone else noticed how the quality of debate has gone up now Letters doesn't post in the Arsenal sections? :rose:

tbf I have been busy this week so I couldn't post either.

Cripps
08-02-2018, 06:18 PM

McNamara That Ghost...
08-02-2018, 07:40 PM

With yours and HCZ's barbs, no. :lol:

KSE Comedy Club
08-02-2018, 09:19 PM

I think it’s more to do me deciding to stop being Jesus tbf

Cripps
09-02-2018, 04:59 PM
Arsenal prepare to hijack rivals Chelsea as they join race for former Barcelona manager Luis Enrique https://t.co/UOICgzIsxH https://t.co/sYbsR3OPus

Is he any good?

Power n Glory
09-02-2018, 05:04 PM
Remember when Roberto Martinez won the Champions League with Chelsea?

HCZ
09-02-2018, 05:20 PM

Thanks for reminding me :sulk:

That was a dark day for football

And you’re thinking of Roberto Di Matteo

McNamara That Ghost...
09-02-2018, 05:32 PM
Arsenal prepare to hijack rivals Chelsea as they join race for former Barcelona manager Luis Enrique https://t.co/UOICgzIsxH https://t.co/sYbsR3OPus

Is he any good?

Best winner of the treble in La Liga history I reckon.

Cripps
09-02-2018, 06:04 PM

No. When was that?

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
12-02-2018, 06:29 PM
Lol.

We should be trying to sign Alderweireld. Even if it goes nowhere at least rock the Spurs boat off the steady waters...

Heard we are in for Max Meyer. Hope he isn't Xhaka/Mustafi like...

Power n Glory
12-02-2018, 06:46 PM
No. When was that?

Wrong Roberto! :lol:

I meant Di Matteo. When he won the CL with Chelsea. Point being, I don't really rate the managers that step in at Barca or Real for their first job and start sweeping up trophies.

Cripps
12-02-2018, 07:34 PM
I kinda agree. That's why I like their management model.

Have a team of specialists around the head coach then when shit hits the fan you can get rid of the head coach and bring someone new in, and it pretty much seamlessly carries on.

It certainly seems to be the structure Ivan is taking us towards.

Having said that what Zidane/Enqrique achieved is still impressive. To coordinate things and get the best out of players etc isn't easy.

Cripps
13-02-2018, 04:52 PM
Arsenal planning exit for Arsene Wenger THIS summer if they don't qualify for Champions League https://t.co/1WbdQVR2r3

Ivan :bow:

HCZ
13-02-2018, 04:56 PM
I kinda agree. That's why I like their management model.

Have a team of specialists around the head coach then when shit hits the fan you can get rid of the head coach and bring someone new in, and it pretty much seamlessly carries on.

It certainly seems to be the structure Ivan is taking us towards.

Having said that what Zidane/Enqrique achieved is still impressive. To coordinate things and get the best out of players etc isn't easy.

You like Chelsea’s management structure?

You’re even more of a dimwit than I took you for

Marc Overmars
13-02-2018, 05:01 PM
Hasn't really done them much harm, give or a take the odd season which is a small price to pay for winning pretty much everything in the same period. The bar is never lowered for Chelsea, it stays the same and rightly so. If the manager is falling below expectation he's gone and that's the way it is at most top clubs.

HCZ
13-02-2018, 05:07 PM
Hasn't really done them much harm, give or a take the odd season which is a small price to pay for winning pretty much everything in the same period. The bar is never lowered for Chelsea, it stays the same and rightly so. If the manager is falling below expectation he's gone and that's the way it is at most top clubs.

The only reason it doesn’t destabilise them even more than it already does is because they can spend the money to offset it

The days of managers being at clubs ten years or more is over and rightly so

But the hire and fire policy of Chelsea is too much the other way. For me a manager barring a really awful run of results should be given three seasons to establish themselves

Marc Overmars
13-02-2018, 05:16 PM
The only reason it doesn’t destabilise them even more than it already does is because they can spend the money to offset it

The days of managers being at clubs ten years or more is over and rightly so

But the hire and fire policy of Chelsea is too much the other way. For me a manager barring a really awful run of results should be given three seasons to establish themselves

I suppose ethically that should be the way but with so much money at stake it's not easy to be so forgiving.

Abramovich is a lot of things but he's clearly a football man and frankly if I'd ploughed a billion into a club I'd want to ensure it remains competitive every season.

Niall_Quinn
13-02-2018, 05:28 PM
Arsenal planning exit for Arsene Wenger THIS summer if they don't qualify for Champions League https://t.co/1WbdQVR2r3

Ivan :bow:

Club are considering an early decision over his future to avoid uncertainty

Could just as easily mean he's getting a contract extension. Sounds like Ivan wanted him out last time, but Wenger ran and hid behind Stan.

HCZ
13-02-2018, 05:41 PM
Could just as easily mean he's getting a contract extension. Sounds like Ivan wanted him out last time, but Wenger ran and hid behind Stan.

That makes the assumption that Kroenke cares more about Wenger than money

If Gazidis can convince him a) that it won’t cost him too much and b) that it won’t require him to do anything. He may well sign off on it

HCZ
13-02-2018, 05:44 PM
I suppose ethically that should be the way but with so much money at stake it's not easy to be so forgiving.

Abramovich is a lot of things but he's clearly a football man and frankly if I'd ploughed a billion into a club I'd want to ensure it remains competitive every season.

It’s not about ethics or sentiment

It’s about stability

And fact is Chelsea for all their money haven’t retained a league title in over a decade

Marc Overmars
13-02-2018, 05:54 PM
It’s not about ethics or sentiment

It’s about stability

And fact is Chelsea for all their money haven’t retained a league title in over a decade

No one has since Fergie anyway. 2 titles in 3 years or 2 back to back, it’s all success to me regardless of the perceived instability.

HCZ
13-02-2018, 06:15 PM
No one has since Fergie anyway. 2 titles in 3 years or 2 back to back, it’s all success to me regardless of the perceived instability.

And how many would they have won if they’d given a manager time to create a team. Mourinho understandably can’t be kept too long, he’s essentially mentally ill (depending on whether you can classify an acute personality disorder as mental illness). But how many of the managers they chucked could have created a dynasty given time?.

And again I think only a team with Chelsea’s money can get away with this destabilisation effect

City give their managers time (Mancini had almost four seasons, Pellegrini had three) and I think as I’ve said that’s the optimum time. City have wavered here and there but they’ve qualified for the Champions league every season since 2011.

They haven’t won back to back titles no. But I think they are pretty well set up to do so now....unfortunately

Cripps
13-02-2018, 06:15 PM

Wenger doesn't seem to be getting the run of the luck like he usually does. Zim's right.

Lacazette has just got injured which leaves us with Welbeck as our main striker in Europa. That hugely hampers our chances.

For a manager that dined on luck and good fortune, he seems to be getting none of it.

Niall_Quinn
13-02-2018, 06:24 PM
Wenger doesn't seem to be getting the run of the luck like he usually does. Zim's right.

Lacazette has just got injured which leaves us with Welbeck as our main striker in Europa. That hugely hampers our chances.

For a manager that dined on luck and good fortune, he seems to be getting none of it.

Tbf, we're getting the shit luck. He's getting 10 million quid.

Power n Glory
13-02-2018, 07:11 PM

I can't see a reason why they'd extend it. The writer of the article points out that we're due for kit sponsor negotiations and us being out of the Champs League weakens our position for a better deal with Nike or Adidas. We said that on here last season.

Also, with the new appointments Ivan has made and their impressive records, they should already have Kroenke's respect and admiration. It's the whole moneyball philosophy Wenger practiced that drew Stan to Wenger in the first place. Two new younger guns with recent evidence of success should add more ammo to Ivan's arsenal.

It's going to be an interesting summer. Carlo Ancelotti was at the NLD watching.

Cripps
13-02-2018, 09:22 PM
Not getting my hopes up.

Was convinced he was leaving last season. How he managed to get an extension is beyond me.

He's going nowhere.

Cripps
13-02-2018, 09:29 PM
:lol: just checked tickets

Östersunds at home - sold out

He's going nowhere :lol:

HCZ
13-02-2018, 09:35 PM
Whether he goes or stays won’t be determined by how many fans turn up at the Emirates

Like I say a man who is purely interested in money won’t like us not being able to negotiate a superior kit sponsorship because we aren’t playing in the champions league yet again.

Last season from his point of view no reason to make a change, we’d only missed out one season and it’d be more hassle for him replacing him than giving him a chance to break back into the top four

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
13-02-2018, 10:39 PM
I don't like anything about that poxy little club in Fulham's way of doing things....including their management system on grounds of stability or ethics.

selassie
14-02-2018, 01:00 PM
I can't see a reason why they'd extend it. The writer of the article points out that we're due for kit sponsor negotiations and us being out of the Champs League weakens our position for a better deal with Nike or Adidas. We said that on here last season.

Also, with the new appointments Ivan has made and their impressive records, they should already have Kroenke's respect and admiration. It's the whole moneyball philosophy Wenger practiced that drew Stan to Wenger in the first place. Two new younger guns with recent evidence of success should add more ammo to Ivan's arsenal. y

It's going to be an interesting summer. Carlo Ancelotti was at the NLD watching.

Yep, that's my stance on things too. Ivan with his new hires assuming they are on board with him is now in a position of power so to speak. If they all run to Kroenke with the compelling evidence that we are stagnating as a football team then Wenger's days are numbered.

The only reason Kroenke would extend Wenger is on sentiment only because he is failing on the technical side and is now arguably losing the club money with his failure to qualify for CL.

Wenger can preach all he wants about harmony and that kind of claptrap but all the evidence is there, we are judging him like he said he wanted to be judged and he is failing.

Cripps
14-02-2018, 01:05 PM
Or because Wenger wins the league cup/Europa ;)

selassie
14-02-2018, 01:10 PM
Or because Wenger wins the league cup/Europa ;)

:lol: Yeah they are his "get out of jail cards", irrespective of whether he wins both of those competitions he absolutely has to go.

Cripps
14-02-2018, 01:20 PM
The man has 58 lives. This summer he'll probably use his 59th.

Globalgunner
16-02-2018, 08:49 PM
Papers carrying reports that Wenger has got the hots for Oguzhan Ozyakup (sp). a player let go from our academy some years ago. Now tearing it up in the Turkish league with Besiktas. Stories are that we will sign him on a free in the summer.

This is the sequence with our academies.
We train them they are crap......Other clubs pick them up, they improve. We now take them back and Wenger starts to train them again. Guess what happens next?

Cripps
17-02-2018, 12:18 AM
Is he even any good?

Cripps
17-02-2018, 12:36 AM
The Mail claim Arsene Wenger*has identified Lyon's Nabil Fekir as his No.1 summer transfer target. #Arsenal https://t.co/jbIPzjFmoC

SAS :bow:

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
17-02-2018, 11:44 AM
Really? How we going to afford that when we can't afford Johnny Evans..... :rolleyes:

I actually wanted him a few years back but surely Fekir, Mkhitarayan and Ozil are too similar?

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
17-02-2018, 12:06 PM
Aggressively go for Oblak and be done with.

Start sounding out Alderweireld's 'people' about a move, perhaps Abou Diallo too (but he's a bit young and we have a few young CB's already). Perhaps back for Manolas?

Make a move for Jean Michael Seri. If not get a strong alternative.

Offer Iniesta a one year contract just to give England a try before his last days in the sunshine. At 33 he could run our midfield.

Cripps
17-02-2018, 12:10 PM
Aggressively go for Oblak and be done with.

Start sounding out Alderweireld's 'people' about a move, perhaps Abou Diallo too (but he's a bit young and we have a few young CB's already). Perhaps back for Manolas?

Make a move for Jean Michael Seri. If not get a strong alternative.

Offer Iniesta a one year contract just to give England a try before his last days in the sunshine. At 33 he could run our midfield.

Drunk Blink :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
17-02-2018, 12:38 PM
Buy all the players!

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
17-02-2018, 05:10 PM
lol....

Okay, okay. But seriously though, at least 3 of those positions are priorities. GK, CB and CDM.

Niall_Quinn
17-02-2018, 05:16 PM
Every player will improve once Wenger leaves. Cech will be fine. The defenders will get a new lease of life. The midfielders will be twice as effective and ten times more disciplined.

Every ounce of effort should be directed at getting rid of Wenger.

I have been very careful about what I've wished for. And I wish for Wenger to be gone, because that will improve the club from top to bottom. Almost overnight. In some ways we have a turbo boost button at our disposal that no other club has. We can become twice as good with just one simple step. For other clubs that would take hundreds of millions. For us it will be the cost of paying the old cunt off. 10 million quid is it?

Bargain of the century.

Cripps
17-02-2018, 05:22 PM
There are certain people on here who do rather seem to wallow in our failures. Always find it odd behaviour.
It's just a mindset I don't understand. I get a bit of venting but with some people it's more than that. They seem to revel in it and almost seem actively annoyed by good results.
Always find it weird.

Niall_Quinn
17-02-2018, 06:13 PM
There are certain people on here who do rather seem to wallow in our failures. Always find it odd behaviour.
It's just a mindset I don't understand. I get a bit of venting but with some people it's more than that. They seem to revel in it and almost seem actively annoyed by good results.
Always find it weird.

There's a certain subtlety at work here. For fans who believe we can't possibly do anything useful as a club while Wenger is still here (sane fans) I can understand why anything, anything at all, that might keep him in his job for one day longer comes as a blow. That has to be tempered with the overall objective as a fan, wanting you team to win. It's a catch 22. We can win individual games with Wenger in charge, but we can't win the major trophies, or even compete for them. Despite the fact the fans are charged the highest prices in the history of sport. Every success becomes bittersweet because, whist the objective of winning has been achieved, the overall objective of long term success has been damaged.

And there's another, nasty, divisive thread that Wenger and the club has pulled on - Bellerin being the latest example. If you don't get behind the club 100% you are somehow a lesser fan or not a fan at all. Well that's rather convenient because it means the club can get away with whatever it wants to and the fans are expected to keep their gobs shut and be loyal. So the club prefers zombies to humans as fans. There are plenty of zombies, no doubt, but there's also a growing number of humans who can see right through the bullshit being pumped out by the likes of Arsene Mega Failure, Ultra Piss Taker, Wenger. Just because you don't put up with his bullshit by default doesn't make you any less of a fan. In fact it demonstrates your love of club over love of usurper and that's a good thing.

Those who support Wenger are anti-Arsenal. That much is plain. You have to be an idiot and want the worst for the club if you give Wenger one ounce of support. He's had a thousand chances and blown them all. Fuck him. Who cares what he thinks and who cares if he rolls stooges like Cech and Bellerin out to sell his bullshit? At this late stage only the mindless zombies are buying anyway. So I don't get what they hope to achieve.

Globalgunner
17-02-2018, 06:15 PM
Always find it weird.

I dont think there are people like that. You would have to be a fan of another club to revel in our failures. However there are people who genuinely believe that Wenger is a clear and present danger to the existence of this club. His vanity and egotism will see this club drop from regular PL contenders to table bottom scrappers. Just like it happened to Forest. All the while Wenger will be screaming about bad luck and unfortunate coincidence of calamities that has put us behind teams we used to point and joke about. Spuds chopped and changed managers until they lucked upon Pochettinno. Do you think that it is impossible for Everton, West ham, Leicester and say Newcastle to also find themselves exemplary managers who will change their fortunes around within 3 years.? All the while we will hang on to our dinosaur as we sink further beneath the waves singing "One Arsene Wenger"

Ive been a fan since I was less than 5ft tall and can remember Charlie George win us the double and the parades around Islington. I disconnected in my teens and uni days but still kept an eye on things, remembering the false hope of Charlie Nicholas and the drudgery of Don Howes management. i have never detested an Arsenal manager like I do Wenger. He is a con artist full stop. Serendipity brought him here at a time the French were going through a golden period of players. He is not even half the man he claims he is, not a quarter. Now he is the stomach worm that defies all expellers but hangs grimly on in there eating on your internal juices.

He doesnt care about results individually, only on the accumulation of them that can justify his continued existence here. Every win is added to his stock pile like a ponzi scheme. He wants to keep getting away with it. Dont let him. He needs to be hounded out with all ferocity. If by some miracle he win the Europa then you can be assured he will get a new 3 or even 5 year contract. Kroenke is that dumb.

Niall_Quinn
17-02-2018, 06:19 PM
I dont think there are people like that. You would have to be a fan of another club to revel in our failures. However there are people who genuinely believe that Wenger is a clear and present danger to the existence of this club. His vanity and egotism will see this club drop from regular PL contenders to table bottom scrappers. Just like it happened to Forest. All the while Wenger will be screaming about bad luck and unfortunate coincidence of calamities that has put us behind teams we used to point and joke about. Spuds chopped and changed managers until they lucked upon Pochettinno. Do you think that it is impossible for Everton, West ham, Leicester and say Newcastle to also find themselves exemplary managers who will change their fortunes around within 3 years.? All the while we will hang on to our dinosaur as we sink further beneath the waves singing "One Arsene Wenger"

Ive been a fan since I was less than 5ft tall and can remember Charlie George win us the double and the parades around Islington. I disconnected in my teens and uni days but still kept an eye on things, remembering the false hope of Charlie Nicholas and the drudgery of Don Howes management. i have never detested an Arsenal manager like I do Wenger. He is a con artist full stop. Serendipity brought him here at a time the French were going through a golden period of players. He is not even half the man he claims he is, not a quarter. Now he is the stomach worm that defies all expellers but hangs grimly on in there eating on your internal juices.

He doesnt care about results individually, only on the accumulation of them that can justify his continued existence here. Every win is added to his stock pile like a ponzi scheme. He wants to keep getting away with it. Dont let him. He needs to be hounded out with all ferocity. If by some miracle he win the Europa then you can be assured he will get a new 3 or even 5 year contract. Kroenke is that dumb.

Kroenke's not dumb. No way. You don't get rich by being dumb. He knows what Wenger is. Shame half the fans don't.

Cripps
17-02-2018, 06:29 PM
:lol: I was quoting Wetters you muppets

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
17-02-2018, 06:47 PM
Every player will improve once Wenger leaves. Cech will be fine. The defenders will get a new lease of life. The midfielders will be twice as effective and ten times more disciplined.

Every ounce of effort should be directed at getting rid of Wenger.

I have been very careful about what I've wished for. And I wish for Wenger to be gone, because that will improve the club from top to bottom. Almost overnight. In some ways we have a turbo boost button at our disposal that no other club has. We can become twice as good with just one simple step. For other clubs that would take hundreds of millions. For us it will be the cost of paying the old cunt off. 10 million quid is it?

Bargain of the century.

I'd rather not see Xhaka lining the field regardless of who's in charge to be fair.

Marc Overmars
17-02-2018, 06:47 PM
Always find it weird.

Globalgunner
17-02-2018, 06:52 PM
Always find it weird.

Plagiarism alert!

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
17-02-2018, 07:06 PM

I'm not sure how that escaped two of the most regular posters!

Niall_Quinn
17-02-2018, 08:56 PM
Always find it weird.

Can't agree I'm afraid.

Niall_Quinn
17-02-2018, 08:58 PM
I'm not sure how that escaped two of the most regular posters!

It didn't. We need to send the pro-Wenger cuntspeople a message but attempt to be diplomatic about it too. After all, they are still utter cuntsArsenal fans allegedly.

HCZ
17-02-2018, 09:13 PM

I do love your obsession with Letters

You’re like the Internet forum version of Max Cady

Cripps
18-02-2018, 11:10 AM
Rumours we are in for Smalling :ninja:

Globalgunner
18-02-2018, 11:54 AM
Rumours we are in for Smalling :ninja:

Are you quoting Letters again.?

Cripps
18-02-2018, 03:58 PM

Globalgunner
18-02-2018, 05:56 PM

Had to be sure.
Smalling is shit. But that wont stop Wenger.

Cripps
20-02-2018, 06:23 PM
Abdoulaye Doucoure on which club he wants to join when he leaves Watford: "#Arsenal, because of Arsene Wenger" https://t.co/kVFFdls5QW

Let's hope we never sign him.

Niall_Quinn
20-02-2018, 06:34 PM
Abdoulaye Doucoure on which club he wants to join when he leaves Watford: "#Arsenal, because of Arsene Wenger" https://t.co/kVFFdls5QW

Let's hope we never sign him.

He wants the easy life and the easy money. He knows Wenger is a sure bet for that.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
22-02-2018, 04:03 PM
I would question this guys balance at times, but looks decent and would swap him for Xhaka in a heartbeat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnnqr6ZYQ38

HCZ
22-02-2018, 04:35 PM
He wants the easy life and the easy money. He knows Wenger is a sure bet for that.

Someone needs to tell him that Wenger has fallen out of love with hefty chocolate faces

Sure he has signed some black boys up front, but he’ll need to balance that out with some diminutive silky boys in the summer

Cripps
01-03-2018, 03:49 PM
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang reveals only Arsenal came in for him in January - but claims he didn't want to go China anyway https://t.co/t6HilTptCC https://t.co/aY8tuCWtkp

That explains it.

Cripps
02-03-2018, 11:38 AM
Balotelli is available on a free:ninja:

Niall_Quinn
02-03-2018, 11:45 AM
Balotelli is available on a free:ninja:

Because he's not worth anything.

Power n Glory
02-03-2018, 12:40 PM
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang reveals only Arsenal came in for him in January - but claims he didn't want to go China anyway https://t.co/t6HilTptCC https://t.co/aY8tuCWtkp

That explains it.

Disappointed with Aubameyang so far. He looks like a striker heavily dependent on service. Very similar to Lacazette. We could have stuck Walcott or Perez up front and gotten similar results.

Niall_Quinn
02-03-2018, 01:17 PM
Disappointed with Aubameyang so far. He looks like a striker heavily dependent on service. Very similar to Lacazette. We could have stuck Walcott or Perez up front and gotten similar results.

Disappointed with all the players so far. What's the common factor?

It's the old, but true, joke. We could sign Messi and Ronaldo and it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference. These guys are sent out there with no plan, unsuitable tactics and inadequate or irrelevant training. The entire focus of the team is to keep the ball. This is Wenger's genius solution to the heavy pastings we suffered in the past. Keep the ball and they can't hurt us. Doesn't matter what the fuck we do with the ball, provided the other lot don't get it. Because when that happens, the defence Wenger refuses to organise is ripped to shreds. So we tip and we tap and we go sideways and backwards and we rack up the possession. So we don't really need a striker. That's why he liked Bif. Bif played with his back to goal. And if you have your back to goal you tend to play it backwards, to safety. People excused this by claiming Bif was holding up the ball and bringing others into play. Yes, true, he was bringing others into play so they could tip it and tap it and play it sideways and backwards. A complete waste of time. Lacazette and Aubameyang expect a rapid transition of play from back to front so they can make runs into the danger zone and shoot the spherical thing towards the big sticks with the netting attached. Not part of Wenger's gameplay.

Cripps
02-03-2018, 01:21 PM
I remember someone said Aubergine isn't a striker dependent on service. That he could create something out of nothing. Doesn't seem to be the case.

Power n Glory
02-03-2018, 01:29 PM
I remember someone said Aubergine isn't a striker dependent on service. That he could create something out of nothing. Doesn't seem to be the case.

I thought that was the sort of striker we were getting as well. He doesn't like that way at all. That's what we needed.

Niall_Quinn
02-03-2018, 01:32 PM

There was a big write up about him just before we signed him. Said he was ENTIRELY dependent on service and created very little himself. I suppose the idea was to bring Mkhitaryan in so the good old days of Dortmund could be recreated. Unfortunately that would require 8 other outfield players on the same wavelength and Wenger seems to have overlooked that basic requirement. So no Dortmund, still the same old Arsenal.

Lacazette, on the other hand, was supposed to be a more rounded player. And in fact he was. But it doesn't make any difference in Wenger's tippy tappy universe. You either tip and tap with the rest of them or you're not going to get into the game. Wenger's ceaseless cowardice, even against relegation strugglers, has meant the one striker he plays is always isolated and chasing scraps. We could compensate for this when Alexis was forcing the issues with individual play. But not now. Alexis sussed things relatively quickly and fucked right off. Santi used to be able to make things happen in the middle, another one of Wenger's sheer luck and circumstance finds. But Wenger likes playing players into the ground when he randomly hits on one that can help him out. So Santi's dead now.

Wenger has fucked up everything he touches. He's easily the worst manager in the world when you look at what he's done. He's not even a proper manager. He's a trumped up caretaker who orders people around and sends out a team to be as negative as possible with the main aim of not losing, rather than winning. A coward. A fraud. A liar and as good as a thief when you consider what he's given back in return for close on a tenth of a billion quid in wages since his last significant achievement.

Power n Glory
02-03-2018, 01:32 PM
It also comes back to Ozil. What the fuck is doing? He's not that good of a playmaker. Why can't he set these guys up for more chances?

Niall_Quinn
02-03-2018, 01:42 PM
It also comes back to Ozil. What the fuck is doing? He's not that good of a playmaker. Why can't he set these guys up for more chances?

Because for a striker to find the space and be effective the whole team has to be drilled in attacking play. Look at any of our midfield. Their first instinct is to play the ball to the safe zone. Look at how static everyone is when we have the ball. We don't play space, we don't get the ball forward with pace. We play triangles and safe zones, across the pitch one way, back across the other. And nobody can cross a ball either. Kolasinac and Mkhitaryan used to be able to cross balls, but I swear Wenger must fine players who put a decent cross in. You cant expect anything from a striker when the team behind him is virtually playing another match. And the same is true for Ozil and Mkhitarian. Neither are Alexis types - and remember how much Alexis used to get criticised for losing the ball? I could never understand that. At least he was trying to make thing happen, doing something a bit ambitious, shaking things out of the zombie state we play in. In other words, he must have told Wenger to go and fuck himself, and played his game anyway. That's where the dressing room unrest came from I bet, as all of Wenger's pets rushed to the defence of their dad.

This isn't a football team. It's a collection of footballers who are in some sort of holiday camp during a hiatus in the careers. Some will go on to play football again, at real teams. Others will likely die here, peacefully passing away in their sleep while playing CM. A wizened old Wenger laying them to rest followed by a minute's silence in memory of the time he personally built the whole club with his bare hands.

Ozil has embraced everything Wenger has put on offer. Mkhitaryan will too, you can already see it. Sounds like Jack won't though. And possibly not Ramsey either, although I think with the latter he's probably just after a bit more spending money so he can knock around with the rich kids and not feel inadequate or deprived.

Not a real football team.

Niall_Quinn
02-03-2018, 01:49 PM
When Nick Anelka got the ball and started arrowing towards the opponent's goal with defenders shitting themselves and falling over all around him, remember those days? It was always useful to look at what the other forwards and midfielders were doing at the time. They'd all be advancing, usually two at pace, one on either side of Anelka so he had options if he couldn't finish the job himself. And Paddy would be there in the middle like a quarterback, watching the whole play develop and deciding whether he could go or not. It was a sight to see and the whole thing would happen in seconds. Bang!

Aubameyang and Lacazette would thrive in a system like that, and so would Ozil.

This thing we have though, the tip tap thing, the backwards sideways rigamarole, I suppose they want to play in that about as much as we want to watch it. Tipping tapping at 2mph while the opposition defence strolls from defensive position to defensive position.

Power n Glory
02-03-2018, 02:05 PM
NQ - Go back and look at the Spurs game. How comes Iwobi was able to muster up a good chance Lacazette within minutes? Not every move on the pitch has to be calculated chess pieces on a board. I've seen Wilshere pull off really good chances for players. Sanchez would do it all the time. He's an underrated playmaker. Heck, Alex Song was able to carve stuff out for RVP on a regular.

During that Spurs game there was an early chance to break on them but Ozil fucked up the pass. That's on Ozil to make that pass. It's on the manager to give him a slap for sloppy play. You have to stop buying excuses for this guy. Not every team is a well oiled, mistake free machine. I can't understand why Ozil can't force more mistakes for defenders if his playmaking ability.

HCZ
02-03-2018, 02:15 PM
NQ - Go back and look at the Spurs game. How comes Iwobi was able to muster up a good chance Lacazette within minutes? Not every move on the pitch has to be calculated chess pieces on a board. I've seen Wilshere pull off really good chances for players. Sanchez would do it all the time. He's an underrated playmaker. Heck, Alex Song was able to carve stuff out for RVP on a regular.

During that Spurs game there was an early chance to break on them but Ozil fucked up the pass. That's on Ozil to make that pass. It's on the manager to give him a slap for sloppy play. You have to stop buying excuses for this guy. Not every team is a well oiled, mistake free machine. I can't understand why Ozil can't force more mistakes for defenders if his playmaking ability.

Ozil is a lazy mercenary what he does and doesn’t do in a game is largely dependent on whether he’s up for it

Iwobi is literally one of the only players in the team that either can or will dribble on the ball therefore he can make space that way that other players won’t

I think what we refer to is whether our players are self motivated or not. And more often than not that’s on them

Problem is some of our players can be self motivated but either no confidence or quality. Welbeck is prime example of this, through sheer effort he was our best player in my view last night (although that isn’t saying a lot).

Xhaka and Ramsey in midfield are never going to work even if you had Pep managing them, but on top of that Xhaka also is a lazy cunt

For a team to work under Wenger they have to be technically good and self motivated and players of that kind are probably now going to be in the 100million bracket

And that’s why Ancelotti would be a no go. He is like Wenger too relaxed. These players need a hard drilling disciplinarian

Globalgunner
02-03-2018, 02:30 PM
Im sorry. Iwobi is crap. He can do something once in a while, just like a stopped clock is right 2ce a day. Iwobi a dribbler. Dont make me laugh!. Can he do what Sane did to us yesterday without tripping over himself?

Our players are mostly junk. Ozil is a certain type of player, he needs other types of players around him. we blame Ozil because he is not the player we want him to be. Whereas he is today, exactly the same player that he was in Madrid and in the German national team.
No point buying a Ferrari and being pissed because it is shit at towing a caravan.

HCZ
02-03-2018, 02:32 PM
Im sorry. Iwobi is crap. He can do something once in a while, just like a stopped clock is right 2ce a day. Iwobi a dribbler. Dont make me laugh!. Can he do what Sane did to us yesterday without tripping over himself?

Our players are mostly junk. Ozil is a certain type of player, he needs other types of players around him. we blame Ozil because he is not the player we want him to be. Whereas he is today, exactly the same player that he was in Madrid and in the German national team.
No point buying a Ferrari and being pissed because it is shit at towing a caravan.

No of course he can’t and of course he’s third rate

But he’s the only player we can have that either can or will dribble at all

Niall_Quinn
02-03-2018, 02:37 PM

That has almost nothing to do with what we're talking about. One moment from Iwobi and one moment from Ozil has close on zero significance to the overall argument.

Singling out Ozil is just a fetish for some. He's not doing the business and neither is any other player. He's exactly the same as all the rest. Ineffective. This is because of one man and one man alone. Certainly, give underperforming players a slap. But you won't catch Wenger doing that. Only time he'll do that is when they threaten to leave.

I explained to you why Ozil can't hook up with the striker. That's not how the team has been sent out to play. Remember how Ozil could do it at will when he first arrived? And Mkhitaryan hit the ground running. And Lacazette would shoot on sight when he first arrived? And Kolasinac was a beast? And Xhaka could tackle? And Bellerin would try to take on his opponent? And Chambers could defend? And Mustafi was fresh off a world cup win? And Iwobi was the next big thing? Pick a player. Any player.

And you think this problem is unique to Ozil? Refusing to run a witch hunt against him is not the same thing as refusing to criticise him. His penchant for sudden illnesses has been the focus of criticism for weeks. But then again, of course, that's Wenger's fault too when it all boils down to it. None of these things would be happening were it not for Wenger. You can sell Ozil or keep him, it won't make the slightest difference. Same goes for any player in the world, as we have seen with Lacazette and now Aubameyang. Alexis was the only one who seemed to be able to retain some degree of his former game, and one more season under Wenger and he would be shot too.

It's crazy to look at a club that's fucked from top to bottom and ask, Why isn't Ozil doing something about it?

GP
02-03-2018, 02:44 PM
Correct. It's absolutely pointless looking at individual performances when the whole team is so dysfunctional.

Power n Glory
02-03-2018, 02:55 PM
Ozil is a lazy mercenary what he does and doesn’t do in a game is largely dependent on whether he’s up for it

Iwobi is literally one of the only players in the team that either can or will dribble on the ball therefore he can make space that way that other players won’t

I think what we refer to is whether our players are self motivated or not. And more often than not that’s on them

Problem is some of our players can be self motivated but either no confidence or quality. Welbeck is prime example of this, through sheer effort he was our best player in my view last night (although that isn’t saying a lot).

Xhaka and Ramsey in midfield are never going to work even if you had Pep managing them, but on top of that Xhaka also is a lazy cunt

For a team to work under Wenger they have to be technically good and self motivated and players of that kind are probably now going to be in the 100million bracket

And that’s why Ancelotti would be a no go. He is like Wenger too relaxed. These players need a hard drilling disciplinarian

You sum it up. It's why I won't question the ability of Sanchez. Same goes for RVP, Cesc...as I mentioned before, even Alex Song had it in him to find our top striker even though we had just lost Cesc and Nasri. We went from being able to carve teams open as unit to relying on a few individuals to win us the points. The free flowing football was gone but we still had some players willing to use what they had to get the win despite a poor management and organisation.

Power n Glory
02-03-2018, 03:17 PM
That has almost nothing to do with what we're talking about. One moment from Iwobi and one moment from Ozil has close on zero significance to the overall argument.

Singling out Ozil is just a fetish for some. He's not doing the business and neither is any other player. He's exactly the same as all the rest. Ineffective. This is because of one man and one man alone. Certainly, give underperforming players a slap. But you won't catch Wenger doing that. Only time he'll do that is when they threaten to leave.

I explained to you why Ozil can't hook up with the striker. That's not how the team has been sent out to play. Remember how Ozil could do it at will when he first arrived? And Mkhitaryan hit the ground running. And Lacazette would shoot on sight when he first arrived? And Kolasinac was a beast? And Xhaka could tackle? And Bellerin would try to take on his opponent? And Chambers could defend? And Mustafi was fresh off a world cup win? And Iwobi was the next big thing? Pick a player. Any player.

And you think this problem is unique to Ozil? Refusing to run a witch hunt against him is not the same thing as refusing to criticise him. His penchant for sudden illnesses has been the focus of criticism for weeks. But then again, of course, that's Wenger's fault too when it all boils down to it. None of these things would be happening were it not for Wenger. You can sell Ozil or keep him, it won't make the slightest difference. Same goes for any player in the world, as we have seen with Lacazette and now Aubameyang. Alexis was the only one who seemed to be able to retain some degree of his former game, and one more season under Wenger and he would be shot too.

It's crazy to look at a club that's fucked from top to bottom and ask, Why isn't Ozil doing something about it?

Singling out Ozil? Have you seen my posts on Xhaka or what I've just said about Aubmeyang?

The teams dysfunctional and people are saying we can't judge individuals but have no problem looking at the shit Mustafi pulled and rightly calling him out on it. Hold all players accountable for such bullshit and make no excuses for them just because the manager is crap.

HCZ
02-03-2018, 03:33 PM
I think Keown might have a point, although we haven’t been great all season. 2018 has been especially terrible and makes you wonder if Wenger has lost the dressing room. I think in the past players were playing for Wenger....and able to amass runs of form that kept him in a job

I just don’t see the willingness to do that now.

Power n Glory
02-03-2018, 03:40 PM
I think Keown might have a point, although we haven’t been great all season. 2018 has been especially terrible and makes you wonder if Wenger has lost the dressing room. I think in the past players were playing for Wenger....and able to amass runs of form that kept him in a job

I dunno. Didn't you say we played better last night despite losing? I didn't watch the game. There always seems to be speculation of him losing the team until they turn up for one game. It certainly is possible that he has lost them but some players have been taking the piss for a lot longer than this season.

HCZ
02-03-2018, 03:51 PM
I dunno. Didn't you say we played better last night despite losing? I didn't watch the game. There always seems to be speculation of him losing the team until they turn up for one game. It certainly is possible that he has lost them but some players have been taking the piss for a lot longer than this season.

Better than Sunday, which isn’t saying a lot

Cripps
02-03-2018, 04:00 PM
Iwobi is a good young player.

Under this manager every player gets destroyed.

So there's no point judging him.

Cripps
02-03-2018, 04:02 PM

Anyone else find it funny how the whole world has only just woken up and started to call for Wenger to go? :lol:

We've been saying it for years but it's only now there's mass calls from the media, journos and pundits.

HCZ
02-03-2018, 04:24 PM
Anyone else find it funny how the whole world has only just woken up and started to call for Wenger to go? :lol:

We've been saying it for years but it's only now there's mass calls from the media, journos and pundits.

Not really, we always had shit patches under Wenger but we were the model of consistency in many respects

Couldn’t challenge for anything significant but always slotted nicely into the top four

Cripps
02-03-2018, 04:25 PM
The writing's been on the wall for years mate.

Marc Overmars
02-03-2018, 04:34 PM
The same failings have been there for years but now there’s no hiding place because everyone else has improved except for us. No more caveats, no more what ifs, we’re out on a limb now with no excuses.

selassie
02-03-2018, 04:36 PM

That explains it.

Let's be honest, both Auba and Lacazette came to us when their stock was low. Ironically, we could have probably signed either striker when we actually had a competitive team, both could have been signed for far less but Wenger was too busy playing "Mr Market Valuation".

Happy Days :rolleyes:

Cripps
04-03-2018, 08:03 AM
Arsenal to axe Aaron Ramsey to avoid Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Ozil situation
https://t.co/pxj5w0O8CW

Cripps
06-03-2018, 10:57 AM
Arsenal identify £22million-rated Bayer Leverkusen goalkeeper Leno as long-term Cech replacement https://t.co/H7KMWphTCx https://t.co/O4RRQ80AKB

KSE Comedy Club
06-03-2018, 11:07 AM
He is quite highly rated from what my mate tells me

Niall_Quinn
06-03-2018, 12:04 PM
He is quite highly rated from what my mate tells me

Bet he can't wait to come here and get some of that Wenger training.

selassie
06-03-2018, 02:24 PM
Bet he can't wait to come here and get some of that Wenger training.

He will be throwing them in the net in no time.

Cripps
07-03-2018, 06:24 AM
Arsenal cannot catch a break. Divisions now appearing over wages of Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Mesut Özil. An exclusive story from @MattHughesTimes
https://t.co/hBNDr650ea

Power n Glory
07-03-2018, 06:36 AM
Arsenal cannot catch a break. Divisions now appearing over wages of Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Mesut Özil. An exclusive story from @MattHughesTimes
https://t.co/hBNDr650ea

Socialist wage structure. A week ago they were saying Ramsey was demanding the same sort of money those guys were on. The policy was a ticking time bomb and conditioned unworthy players to expect a hand out. We lost several key players that would often carry the team week in week out because or this policy. Dumb.

Goonermerree
07-03-2018, 08:15 AM
Arsenal to axe Aaron Ramsey to avoid Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Ozil situation
https://t.co/pxj5w0O8CW

I won't shed a tear, he's injured more than he plays.

KSE Comedy Club
07-03-2018, 08:39 AM
Can't say I'm that bothered with Ramsey.

He's always been hit & miss for me. Charges around and tries to take it all on himself which is great when it works, but when it doesn't he is an annoying twat

Niall_Quinn
07-03-2018, 11:23 AM
I'm bothered about the loss of potential with Ramsey. And Theo, and Ox, and all of them. Wenger has done so much damage.

KSE Comedy Club
07-03-2018, 11:49 AM
I'm bothered about the loss of potential with Ramsey. And Theo, and Ox, and all of them. Wenger has done so much damage.

That is true, I still think they would all be better under an astute manager.

Goonermerree
07-03-2018, 01:08 PM

They should have seen what was happening and moved on earlier. It was clear years ago that our tippy tappy style actually impeded Theo as he coudn't use his pace to get behind defences, he always played better against the likes of Chelsea when they played open football, not so much when Maureen was in charge with his more defensive approach

Niall_Quinn
07-03-2018, 01:13 PM
They should have seen what was happening and moved on earlier. It was clear years ago that our tippy tappy style actually impeded Theo as he coudn't use his pace to get behind defences, he always played better against the likes of Chelsea when they played open football, not so much when Maureen was in charge with his more defensive approach

Not so easy to move from a club like Arsenal I'll bet, leaving aside the fact Wenger has made it so easy for them. Big London club. European footie for the most part. The most patient set of fans known to man. Fawning journalists who say we play great football despite us playing shite for years. Extra favour when it comes to International call-ups. Easy money. Hard place to leave.

What they should have done is had more respect for the fans and put in 100% week-in, week-out. They'd have been forgiven for mostly everything if they'd done that.

Goonermerree
07-03-2018, 01:16 PM
Not so easy to move from a club like Arsenal I'll bet, leaving aside the fact Wenger has made it so easy for them. Big London club. European footie for the most part. The most patient set of fans known to man. Fawning journalists who say we play great football despite us playing shite for years. Extra favour when it comes to International call-ups. Easy money. Hard place to leave.

What they should have done is had more respect for the fans and put in 100% week-in, week-out. They'd have been forgiven for mostly everything if they'd done that.

Apathy, apathy all round. Wenger never seems to a player's strength any way How many times did we have Giroud on the pitch, no crosses in the box, he goes off, crosses come in and there is nobody there.

HCZ
07-03-2018, 03:52 PM

If Ox was tearing up the premier league with Liverpool I might agree

The only thing I would agree with the Wenger hype (and it’s the nearest thing I have come to a consensus with PnG) is that players like Henry made some fans believe he could turn water into wine.

You know enough about football to know that if like Ramsey you have a terrible first touch, your passing range is limited, you have no acceleration, you can’t dribble that with the best will in the world you can’t turn them into something they aren’t

Ramsey had a fantastic one off season with us, played out of his skin but even then the limitations in his game were evident

What Wenger can be blamed for is that he has totally failed with Ramsey in recapturing that form

Niall_Quinn
07-03-2018, 03:53 PM
If Ox was tearing up the premier league with Liverpool I might agree

The only thing I would agree with the Wenger hype (and it’s the nearest thing I have come to a consensus with PnG) is that players like Henry made some fans believe he could turn water into wine.

You know enough about football to know that if like Ramsey you have a terrible first touch, your passing range is limited, you have no acceleration, you can’t dribble that with the best will in the world you can’t turn them into something they aren’t

Ramsey had a fantastic one off season with us, played out of his skin but even then the limitations in his game were evident

What Wenger can be blamed for is that he has totally failed with Ramsey in recapturing that form

Plus Wenger's fat and a cunt.

KSE Comedy Club
07-03-2018, 03:57 PM

And he is old and blind.

and an idiot

HCZ
07-03-2018, 04:38 PM

Wenger May be a lot of things

A cunt, a greedy old cunt, a land bird, according to spurs fans circa 1996 a nonce

But Fat

Only by the Ethiopian variant of the BMI

Cripps
09-03-2018, 09:38 AM
Dean Jones: Juventus confident they will sign Hector Bellerin in the summer. Sounds like deal is already progressing.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
09-03-2018, 11:36 AM
As long as we get paid....but I don't fancy searching around for a replacement with all the other work we have to do.

I wonder if anybody thinks Ryan Sessegnon is worth going for. Hear a lot of hype about him but have never seen him play....

Thierrymon
09-03-2018, 11:43 AM
Dean Jones: Juventus confident they will sign Hector Bellerin in the summer. Sounds like deal is already progressing.

I dont think Bellerin would be that hard to replace. Not great at attacking or defending imo.

Cripps
09-03-2018, 12:06 PM
Jack Wilshere delays signing new Arsenal contract, claiming 'things have changed' #afc @SamJDean https://t.co/dSr6yGkYuN

Is jack Wenger out too? :pray:

Mac76
09-03-2018, 02:16 PM
Can't say I'm that bothered with Ramsey.

He's always been hit & miss for me. Charges around and tries to take it all on himself which is great when it works, but when it doesn't he is an annoying twat

This :bow:

Cripps
12-03-2018, 11:00 PM
EXCLUSIVE: Hector Bellerin faces exit at the Emirates with Arsenal prepared to let him go for £50m https://t.co/fZ67iiz7Gi | @SamiMokbel81_DM https://t.co/OwdFaJceW8

Marc Overmars
12-03-2018, 11:06 PM
Is there anyone who isn’t for sale?

Bellerin is one of the more salvageable members of the squad, I’m not sure why we’d let him go especially as he’s on a long term contract.

Niall_Quinn
12-03-2018, 11:10 PM
We should cast a statue of his slippers in memory. Useless defender. Wenger fucked him. Taught him everything he knows and, as a result, now the kid knows nothing.

Cripps
14-03-2018, 10:31 AM
Everton have their eye on free-agent-to-be Jack Wilshere and may offer a better deal than Arsenal have so far #EFC #AFC @JohnCrossMirror
https://t.co/KXPFiWd5D7 https://t.co/KE4u5lG4uV

GP
14-03-2018, 10:33 AM
I don't mind. This season was his big chance to prove that he's still got it but hasn't really impressed.

Marc Overmars
14-03-2018, 10:51 AM
He’s looked ok in patches but that’s the story of his career really.

Cripps
14-03-2018, 11:20 AM
Seems like SAS are planning a squad overhaul.

If this is part of a bigger plan then :bow:

Mac76
14-03-2018, 12:23 PM
Everton have their eye on free-agent-to-be Jack Wilshere and may offer a better deal than Arsenal have so far #EFC #AFC @JohnCrossMirror
https://t.co/KXPFiWd5D7 https://t.co/KE4u5lG4uV

i'm confused - Jack may not be the best player but surely he's not s**t enough to qualify for Everton's transfer policy?... :wacko:

Goonermerree
14-03-2018, 01:02 PM
All of this Juve in for this player that player might be going there, is more exciting than our football at the moment.

Özim
15-03-2018, 10:19 AM
Wilshere hasn't really impressed much to be honest, had a few dedent games and now that's tailed off, thought it was funny loads of people were calling him to be made captain when he played well for a handful of games, the guy hasn't done much in his career and has barely been able to stay fit and off the field isn't exactly a model professional, would have been silly to make him captain.

Noticed that's all gone quiet now after his recent abject performances, seems that he's more interested in getting more money than playing for the club he loves it seems, with bonuses he could earn more than he does now, trouble is he knows he won't be able to stay fit so he doesn't want to take the chance that he'll only get 90k a week.

BOOHOO, poor little Jack, how on earth can anyone survive on 90k a week eh?:crying:

Niall_Quinn
15-03-2018, 11:31 AM
The point is, this is Arsenal, the club that paid Diaby 70K a week to keep guard on the treatment centre.

And we've had a string of players we've stuck with through extensive injuries, some of whom pissed it back in our faces.

And we're keeping Santi comfortable on good pay too, despite the fact it's almost certain he'll never play again.

But for just one player, a guy who has come through the ranks and is now one of our longest serving players, we're talking pay cuts. I'm pretty sure that's what he's pissed about, being singled out like this at, of all place, injury central Arsenal FC. He seems to have become the first player we've pissed back at. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, just wondering why, out of all the mercenaries we've seen come and go, Jack is the inaugural member of the Arsenal Getting Tough project.

Makes no sense to me and all it really confirms is nobody at the club has a clue how to handle these sort of things. Either sell him or treat him like the rest of the players. But don't single him out for special mistreatment.

Cripps
15-03-2018, 11:38 AM
I trust SAS :bow:

Özim
15-03-2018, 12:26 PM
The point is, this is Arsenal, the club that paid Diaby 70K a week to keep guard on the treatment centre.

And we've had a string of players we've stuck with through extensive injuries, some of whom pissed it back in our faces.

And we're keeping Santi comfortable on good pay too, despite the fact it's almost certain he'll never play again.

But for just one player, a guy who has come through the ranks and is now one of our longest serving players, we're talking pay cuts. I'm pretty sure that's what he's pissed about, being singled out like this at, of all place, injury central Arsenal FC. He seems to have become the first player we've pissed back at. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, just wondering why, out of all the mercenaries we've seen come and go, Jack is the inaugural member of the Arsenal Getting Tough project.

Makes no sense to me and all it really confirms is nobody at the club has a clue how to handle these sort of things. Either sell him or treat him like the rest of the players. But don't single him out for special mistreatment.

You're spot on of course, but that was never right in the 1st place, that was Wenger all over though.

I know he's come through the ranks, but to be honest we've been paying for doing nothing for years, he was earning 110k for what exactly, one game against Barcelona years ago? He's been lucky, came through as the next great thing and got paid handsomely for it despite achieving nothing, that's not even mentioning his off the field behaviour which has been very unprofessional.

Went out on loan last season and wasn't all that great either, then got injured again! The this season he's stayed fit a bit longer (kinda strange that with his contract up) but to be honest hasn't really performed that well either other than a handful of games and now he's not happy with 90k with a chance to earn even more despite barely playing for us and having proved very little, he can earn more than he was earning, but he has to prove he can stay fit, clearly he doesn't.I agree with your point, but you have to start somewhere, if he was some sort of worldie, I'd understand, unfortunately he's a very overhyped English player who seems to lack discipline (even his tackling launching himself into them which is bound to cause injuries shows a lack of discipline).

If he leaves it's no great loss, he's not proved to be the player he was hyped to be.

Cripps
16-03-2018, 11:59 AM
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-u-turn-mohamed-elneny-12196116

The next Coquelin then:lol:

Niall_Quinn
16-03-2018, 12:02 PM
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-u-turn-mohamed-elneny-12196116

The next Coquelin then:lol:

New deals for players we don't need. Run down the contracts of players we do need. Same old Arsenal.

Özim
16-03-2018, 01:08 PM
Truth is we should have never bought Elneny, it was a questionnable signing and in all honesty it just hasn't worked out as he's hasn't been very good...so what do we do, we go and offer him a new contract, what a strange club.

Goonermerree
16-03-2018, 01:16 PM
I don't think El Neny is as bs as people say, sometimes he's at the heart of what we do. Not difficult to shine a bit in our team at the moment though. When we bought him, his club was staggered that we paid 12 mil for him and said no other club was in for him. He's defo not the quality we need to get back into the top 4, the club is showing lack of ambition yet again.

Globalgunner
16-03-2018, 01:24 PM
You cant have too many average players. It makes replacing them easy, when they get injured every 3 months, you just slot another in. That way the average quality of the team remains constant.

Cripps
16-03-2018, 02:14 PM
Chelsea in for Ramsey apparently :lol:

Don't these teams ever learn :lol: they buy our mentally weak, whinging, nimble players and they turn to piss :lol:

Mac76
16-03-2018, 07:24 PM

Don't these teams ever learn :lol: they buy our mentally weak, whinging, nimble players and they turn to piss :lol:

Unbelievable :) i still can't believe they bought Giraffe either

Xhaka Can’t
16-03-2018, 08:20 PM

No deal!

Unless they take Xhaka can’t as well.

And Welbeck.

Cripps
17-03-2018, 01:19 PM
Everton willing to give Jack an £8m signing on fee :popcorn:

Özim
17-03-2018, 02:11 PM
Good luck to them, they'll be signing an overhyped crock with poor discipline, think we've wasted enough money on the guy

Niall_Quinn
17-03-2018, 02:13 PM
Well there you go. A pay cut in the table from us, 8 mill from them. So who are we going to spend 40-50 mill on as a replacement (with another 40-50 mill to replace Ramsey)? If Wenger has no say in it at all, if he has fuck all to do with it in any way, doesn't even get told about it, and isn't allowed anywhere near the newcomers on the training ground - if that happens, then we might end up better off. Otherwise the scrabbling around for relative pennies is going to cost a lot more in the long run. Plus we lose an Arsenal player, two maybe, so we can pick up a couple more replacements who have zero ties.

I think by the time Wenger goes he'll have ripped out every last part of the old Arsenal and replaced it all with expensive but plastic clones. Seems utterly pointless all this dicking around. Just get a new manager FFS! I mean WTF?

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
17-03-2018, 03:27 PM
Good luck to them, they'll be signing an overhyped crock with poor discipline, think we've wasted enough money on the guy

You and many Arsenal fans can order your thoughts enough to ignore the hype and make an assessment so why do you continually go on about the hype? Who cares.....he was playing for Bournemouth last year, so any hype hasn't precluded him for the lowly likes of a newly promoted side.

He's been one of our best midfielders this season (albeit a low bar) and still offers more than Xhaka. Playing slightly ahead doesn't really suit him and I'd prefer him to be the second midfielder rather than starting nearer the centre forward so that he can be more involved in the build up play and not get clobbered by CB's. His progression has been slow but steady and continuous generally speaking and the off the field troubles that once blighted him are well in the past just as they are with Woicech.

He still has a bit of needle in him, but so what, he hasn't got himself sent off this season other than that under 23 game when some punk kid tried to make a name for himself, but what the hell do we care about that? He is far better at reigning it in than he was these days.

Of course he can improve but they all can....that's why they are playing for Arsenal and not Barcelona.

On his contract, I can see where the club are coming from to an extent but I can also see why he is a little bit aggrieved. There's is nothing wrong in making an extra concerted effort to keep a highly talented Arsenal boy here if we can. That shouldn't be sneered at necessarily.

Cripps
17-03-2018, 03:28 PM
Someone mentioned he's played 38 games this season.

Impressive if true.

Özim
17-03-2018, 03:57 PM
You and many Arsenal fans can order your thoughts enough to ignore the hype and make an assessment so why do you continually go on about the hype? Who cares.....he was playing for Bournemouth last year, so any hype hasn't precluded him for the lowly likes of a newly promoted side.

He's been one of our best midfielders this season (albeit a low bar) and still offers more than Xhaka. Playing slightly ahead doesn't really suit him and I'd prefer him to be the second midfielder rather than starting nearer the centre forward so that he can be more involved in the build up play and not get clobbered by CB's. His progression has been slow but steady and continuous generally speaking and the off the field troubles that once blighted him are well in the past just as they are with Woicech.

He still has a bit of needle in him, but so what, he hasn't got himself sent off this season other than that under 23 game when some punk kid tried to make a name for himself, but what the hell do we care about that? He is far better at reigning it in than he was these days.

Of course he can improve but they all can....that's why they are playing for Arsenal and not Barcelona.

On his contract, I can see where the club are coming from to an extent but I can also see why he is a little bit aggrieved. There's is nothing wrong in making an extra concerted effort to keep a highly talented Arsenal boy here if we can. That shouldn't be sneered at necessarily.

I go on about the hype because it was his free ticket to a big payday, the guy did nothing and somehow got himself up to 110k a week, all based on hype in reality because he's really done nothing on the field.

IMO he's very overrated as his stint at Bournemouth showed last year, yes he's done OK this year, but the reality is he's not of the quality we need, yes he's been better than Xhaka, but Xhaka is arguably the biggest waste of money we've ever had so doesn't really say much.

For me he had a few decent games and has fallen away since then, he's not the driving force and captain material some claim him to be, as for the contract, IMO he has no right to be annoyed, the guy has been aid for doing nothing for the best part of a decade and paid handsomely at that, this sense of entitlement irritates me, the guy think he's worth more money despite us carrying him for years, nothing wrong with the contract offered (I agree we haven't aplied the same thing in the past but it has to change sometime), if he plays and performs he gets more money, if he doesn't he gets 90k a week (still big money for anyone), the onus is on him to stay fit an perform, but clearly the guy knows he neither has the desire nor ability to stay fit hence his reluctance.

Frankly couldn't care less if he came through the ranks, I've seen players who haven't with far more desire on the field than him. Got no time for players like him, players who think they can be injured for most of their careers, whilst being poorly disciplined off the field whilst picking up a big paycheck and then think they deserve more for doing nothing.

If he goes to Everton that's fine with me, it won't be much of a change from here other that the're worse than us so a backward step, but I guess he'll get more money so maybe that's good enough for him.

Cripps
17-03-2018, 06:17 PM
According to AS, Jan Oblak is the man #Arsenal want to replace Petr Cech & are prepared to pay his £88m release clause. https://t.co/aSDSHQm9vt

The Emirates Gallactico
17-03-2018, 06:52 PM
AS are Ass tbh tbf.

No way in hell are we paying £88m for a GK.

Cripps
17-03-2018, 06:59 PM
So's your face :coffee:

The Emirates Gallactico
17-03-2018, 07:05 PM
So's your face :coffee:

What did you do to HCZ? :threaten:

Power n Glory
17-03-2018, 07:17 PM
I go on about the hype because it was his free ticket to a big payday, the guy did nothing and somehow got himself up to 110k a week, all based on hype in reality because he's really done nothing on the field.

I'm lost. Hasn't Ozil already signed a deal and wasn't he on £140k? Where did you get £110k from? :unsure:

He's overhyped for sure and didn't deserve the £350k but we were backed into a corner.

Cripps
17-03-2018, 07:23 PM
What did you do to HCZ? :threaten:

He's currently on night shift at the shit watch station :coffee:

Niall_Quinn
17-03-2018, 11:03 PM
According to AS, Jan Oblak is the man #Arsenal want to replace Petr Cech & are prepared to pay his £88m release clause. https://t.co/aSDSHQm9vt

LOL.

88m?

LOOOOL

AHAHAAAHHHAA

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL

:haha:

Niall_Quinn
17-03-2018, 11:04 PM
I'm lost. Hasn't Ozil already signed a deal and wasn't he on £140k? Where did you get £110k from? :unsure:

He's overhyped for sure and didn't deserve the £350k but we were backed into a corner.

Wilshere!

And he's on 90k last I heard, not 100k. The 110k was if we won the CL.

There's as much chance of that happening as us signing an 88m GK.

Cripps
18-03-2018, 10:24 AM
Wolves 'hope to beat Arsenal' to landing AC Milan striker Andre Silva https://t.co/nX7M4BwdNq https://t.co/c2o7GHBAtR

Globalgunner
18-03-2018, 10:59 AM
Wolves 'hope to beat Arsenal' to landing AC Milan striker Andre Silva https://t.co/nX7M4BwdNq https://t.co/c2o7GHBAtR

Our competitors next season?

AFC Leveller
18-03-2018, 11:10 AM
Luis Enrique is stalling over a deal to become Chelsea boss because he is keen on the potential manager’s job at Arsenal. [Various]

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
18-03-2018, 11:37 AM
He came out with the give managers 6months contracts nonsense didn't he. No thanks.

Niall_Quinn
18-03-2018, 11:43 AM

Jeez, I hope Wolves beat us to landing this bloke too. Fingers crossed.

Cripps
19-03-2018, 02:02 PM
According to the Mirror, Manchester United have made enquiries about Bellerin, but Juventus remain favourites to sign him in the summer. #Arsenal https://t.co/orHmcjHyfy

:rose:

Penguin
19-03-2018, 05:18 PM
You need better sources mate :lol:

The Emirates Gallactico
19-03-2018, 07:07 PM
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/03/18/man-utd-players-stunned-jose-mourinhos-bullying-luke-shaw/

Given that Luke Shaw seems to be off in the summer I honestly wouldn't mind taking him. He's still only 22 and there's a quality player in there.

Sure Wenger would probably ruin him as well but if it does happen and we get someone like Jardim who's excellent at working with youth, then we've got potentially England's left back for the next decade.

Cripps
20-03-2018, 07:25 AM
Man Utd boss Jose Mourinho plots summer transfer for Arsenal ace Aaron Ramsey - EXCLUSIVE https://t.co/21e8SgDjMs