View Full Version : Match Reaction Arsenal 5-1 Neverton

Niall_Quinn
03-02-2018, 07:24 PM
Miki MOTM

We have 2 Ozils now.

WENGER OUT!

Letters
03-02-2018, 07:28 PM
Nice they made an effort as they knew I was watching.
First half we were fantastic. Second half had the air of a training game but you often get that in games where you've hammered them in the first half. How many 3 or 4 nils at half time end up 6 or 7? Very few.
Nice to see us looking so good going forward. Only concern is how sloppy we are at the back, better teams will punish us.
And we need to sort out our away form, at home we're as good as anyone bar City who are in their own little world this year.

Penguin
03-02-2018, 07:30 PM
It's funny how we all knew what was going to happen in that second half.

Aubemeyang must have been wondering why he got so little service in the box. It's almost like we're deliberately set up to nullify our own strikers.

Mkhi was very good. Gives us that fluidity that Santi used to.

Master Splinter
03-02-2018, 07:32 PM
Mkhitaryan MOTM.

He's like Ozil, but quicker, more direct, more exciting and a bit cheaty.

First half: :bow:.

Second half: WUMger didn't have Coquelin or Giroud but still conspired to turn everything into a sludgy, turgid, unprofessional, negative, uncompromisingly dull shitfest.

McNamara That Ghost...
03-02-2018, 07:39 PM
10-3 against Neverton this season. :lol:

We're to them what Bayern are to us.

Good win, another match where we take one half off, we should be quite fresh in the latter part of the season. :ninja:

Goonermerree
03-02-2018, 07:43 PM
Does Wenger ever look at the league table? Goal difference could count, if nothing else but to put pressure on opponents. Entertain the fans and get more goals.

McNamara That Ghost...
03-02-2018, 07:43 PM
Fat Sam has thrown his players under the bus.

How about you've had 17 years to get it right against us away from home and you still can't do it?

McNamara That Ghost...
03-02-2018, 07:50 PM
Fat Sam has a black eye. :haha:

Who decked him?

LDG
03-02-2018, 07:55 PM
Whilst you can heap praise on them for a blistering first half....

It says more about a team if you either set up second half to be strong in defence and hit on the counter, or you just keep banging it. Either way, you still need a plan, and you need to be organised.

It didn’t matter today, but you make performances as a team acceptable, like we saw 2nd half, the mentality can never be right for winning the big ones.

The big teams just keep on. Keep crucifying. No fucking mercy.

Mhki and Ozil though. Spunktastic.

Gubby Allen
03-02-2018, 07:59 PM
False Dawns
:bow:

Marc Overmars
03-02-2018, 08:32 PM
Now if we can just do a bit of that in away games we’ll be fine.

Good to see Mkhi and Auba chipping in.

Power n Glory
03-02-2018, 08:40 PM
Whilst you can heap praise on them for a blistering first half....

It says more about a team if you either set up second half to be strong in defence and hit on the counter, or you just keep banging it. Either way, you still need a plan, and you need to be organised.

It didn’t matter today, but you make performances as a team acceptable, like we saw 2nd half, the mentality can never be right for winning the big ones.

The big teams just keep on. Keep crucifying. No fucking mercy.

Mhki and Ozil though. Spunktastic.

I fear a better team would have put us under serious pressure in the second half. Great first half but the 2nd half was a snooze and we looked sloppy. It was so bad a dozed off for 20 minutes or so.

Letters
03-02-2018, 09:15 PM
I fear a better team would have put us under serious pressure in the second half. Great first half but the 2nd half was a snooze and we looked sloppy. It was so bad a dozed off for 20 minutes or so.
Everton let us off a few times. Better opposition won't.
But at least if we play like we did in the first half we're worth watching.

Power n Glory
03-02-2018, 10:03 PM
Everton let us off a few times. Better opposition won't.
But at least if we play like we did in the first half we're worth watching.

First half was entertaining. So much better to watch. But the midfield and defence are our weak areas. Once Everton applied a little pressure and pressed more, we were making sloppy mistakes and couldn't get going. We miss Wilshere.

Marc Overmars
03-02-2018, 10:59 PM
Really looking forward to Spurs at Wembley. Our away form has been shocking but because of our record at Wembley I really think we’ll give a good account of ourselves. Hoping for a fast start, no doubt Spurs will come out of the traps quick too.

Cripps
03-02-2018, 11:27 PM
Nice they made an effort as they knew I was watching.
First half we were fantastic. Second half had the air of a training game but you often get that in games where you've hammered them in the first half. How many 3 or 4 nils at half time end up 6 or 7? Very few.
Nice to see us looking so good going forward. Only concern is how sloppy we are at the back, better teams will punish us.
And we need to sort out our away form, at home we're as good as anyone bar City who are in their own little world this year.

:faint:

Cripps
03-02-2018, 11:28 PM
Mkhitaryan:bow: what a player:bow:

Aubameyang :bow:

Ozil :bow:

Our attack :bow:

Our best attack since invincibles:bow:

We're gonna do a madness :bow:

Wenger :bow:

Cripps
03-02-2018, 11:36 PM
Rihanna was at the game today:bow:

https://twitter.com/MesutOzil1088/status/959883365473284096

Rihanna :bow:

GP
03-02-2018, 11:53 PM
And did the walk of shame back from Wenger's house.

https://i.imgur.com/EF8U3hX.jpg

Niall_Quinn
04-02-2018, 01:22 AM
https://i2-prod.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article6781208.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/Arsene-Wenger-lays-in-the-sand-whilst-playing-a-game-of-footvolley-on-the-beach-in-Ipanema.jpg

Niall_Quinn
04-02-2018, 01:25 AM
First hat-trick from Ramsey.

Expect carnage.

LDG
04-02-2018, 07:50 AM

:haha:

Cripps
04-02-2018, 08:25 AM
The togetherness in the squad:bow:

Mkhitaryan smashing it :bow:

Jose :haha:

Walcott :haha:

Sanchez:haha:

Fat Sam :haha:

Wazza :haha:

Gooner23
04-02-2018, 09:02 AM
Was Laca injured? Interesting Auba got 90 in his first game whereas poor old Laca gets hauled off at every opportunity.

AFC Leveller
04-02-2018, 09:22 AM
Huge game next Saturday. On the one hand, our away form is shit and we are up against (for me) the 2nd best team in the league on their day but on the other hand Wembley is our second home and we have a really good record there.

If we can cut out the mistakes, we can definitely beat them. The problem for us is that we always give chances away and at the moment, there is noone better at taking them than Kane.

Cripps
04-02-2018, 09:35 AM
Aubemayang > kane tbh

Auba :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
04-02-2018, 09:38 AM
Was Laca injured? Interesting Auba got 90 in his first game whereas poor old Laca gets hauled off at every opportunity.

Tbf Monreal and Cech did die before then but I suspect you probably will be proven correct in other games.

McNamara That Ghost...
04-02-2018, 09:40 AM

There's three candidates in that photo.

Cripps
04-02-2018, 09:51 AM
Fat Sam: "arsenal are weak defensively"

3-0 down after 20 minutes :haha:

Niall_Quinn
04-02-2018, 10:36 AM

Wenger has substituted Lacazette over 10,000 times.

How many times have you subbed him?

Özim
04-02-2018, 10:39 AM
Really nice win yesterday, nice to see the new players settling in nicely, bit gutted for Lacazette getting dropped but that's Wenger all over to be honest.

Auba's goal was a lucky on yesterday as it was offside, but as I said earlier with decisions, swings in roundabouts, sometimes they go for you sometimes they go against you, today it went for us (as it has a nuber of times this season before as well).

Want to see two up front, for some reason Wenger is allergic to that and wants to flood the midfield and has wanted to for the last 10 years plus from the day he brought in this 5 across midfield formation.

Goonermerree
04-02-2018, 10:53 AM
R
Auba's goal was a lucky on yesterday as it was offside, but as I said earlier with decisions, swings in roundabouts, sometimes they go for you sometimes they go against you, today it went for us (as it has a nuber of times this season before as well).
The trouble is, if that goal had been chalked off side it wouldn't have made any difference to the result, when they have gone against us, it's cost us points.

Özim
04-02-2018, 11:03 AM
The trouble is, if that goal had been chalked of side it wouldn't have made any difference to the result, when they have gone against us, it's cost us points.

We've had plenty of decisions that have also won us points.

Mac76
05-02-2018, 03:40 PM

My thoughts too - i thought he'd give Laca 20 minutes to try and keep him happy but Wenger doesn't do that.

Instead he's doing to Laca what he did to Perez - put him in with players who don't give him the ball in the right places and then implying it's all his fault by dropping him

In Laca's case it's all the more ironic as replacing ball-losing Sanchez with team-player Mika there will more opportunities - only they will now fall to Auba

Mac76
05-02-2018, 03:52 PM
Our away form has been shocking but because of our record at Wembley I really think we’ll give a good account of ourselves

yes we've more experience of playing - and winning - there than most

we'll have to score 2-3 times to win it though as we won't keep them out for the full 90

Penguin
05-02-2018, 08:01 PM
My thoughts too - i thought he'd give Laca 20 minutes to try and keep him happy but Wenger doesn't do that.

Instead he's doing to Laca what he did to Perez - put him in with players who don't give him the ball in the right places and then implying it's all his fault by dropping him

In Laca's case it's all the more ironic as replacing ball-losing Sanchez with team-player Mika there will more opportunities - only they will now fall to Auba

I think he would have brought Lacazette on if Cech and Monreal didn't get injured. His hand was forced tbf.

Niall_Quinn
05-02-2018, 08:21 PM
I think he would have brought Lacazette on if Cech and Monreal didn't get injured. His hand was forced tbf.

He's also a cunt. And fat.

Penguin
05-02-2018, 09:22 PM
Yeah that too :lol:

Özim
06-02-2018, 02:29 PM
I'd play Lacazette over Iwobi personally, the latter has no place in the team he's rubbish. For some reason Wenger likes him despite bad performance after bad performance.

Xhaka should be nowhere near the team so the CM should be Wilshere, Elneny or Ramsey , not ideal but the best option at the moment. Don't know why Wenger persists with Xhaka, absolute waste of space, can't do anything well, no idea why we signed this guy, was very sceptical about him.

Mac76
13-02-2018, 08:56 AM
I'd play Lacazette over Iwobi personally, the latter has no place in the team he's rubbish. For some reason Wenger likes him despite bad performance after bad performance.

Xhaka should be nowhere near the team so the CM should be Wilshere, Elneny or Ramsey , not ideal but the best option at the moment. Don't know why Wenger persists with Xhaka, absolute waste of space, can't do anything well, no idea why we signed this guy, was very sceptical about him.

agree about Iwobi, he's just not good enough, but not I'm still not sure about Xhaka :unsure: you're probably right though...