View Full Version : Ostersunds match reaction

Cripps
15-02-2018, 07:33 PM
:unsure:

McNamara That Ghost...
15-02-2018, 07:55 PM
Ok.

Welbz. :haha:

Has stealing a living ever been more applicable?

Away wins. :bow:

Premier European competition. :bow:

It's on!

Marc Overmars
Easy as you like.

Please can we draw someone decent in the next round? These games are rancid.

Cripps
We're finally progressing past the first knockout round :bow:

Wenger :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
15-02-2018, 07:59 PM
We're finally progressing past the first knockout round :bow:

Wenger :bow:

We could still go out at the last 16 though. :lol:

Power n Glory
15-02-2018, 08:31 PM
I tried to warn you fuckers about Welbeck. I think people fell on love with the idea of what he could be.

Özim
15-02-2018, 08:45 PM
I tried to warn you fuckers about Welbeck. I think people fell on love with the idea of what he could be.

Yeah me too, awful footballer, if Ferguson couldn't make him good noone can, never could shoot, never will be able to. Awful 2nd rate footballer, no surprise we signed him, we love cheap buys.

Master Splinter
15-02-2018, 09:40 PM
GW :haha:.

All you unenlightened bumpkin sheeple thought Welbeck was the most prolific, elegant and devastating forward of the 21st century.

You all look like fools now!

Cripps
15-02-2018, 09:45 PM
:blink:

Xhaka Can’t
15-02-2018, 10:23 PM
Welbeck was shit?

Who knew?

LDG
15-02-2018, 10:31 PM
They didn’t call him Danny Wellshit for nothing.

I’m so glad I didn’t listen to everyone nobody who said he was going to be the new Ian Wright.

Cripps
15-02-2018, 11:43 PM
Wenger on his future: "I have always respected my contracts. I would like to remind you that I said no to all the biggest clubs in the world to respect my contract so that’s always what I try to do" #Arsenal https://t.co/jpjwN6SA3k

:lol: :rose:

Marc Overmars
16-02-2018, 12:05 AM
The only way he’s leaving here is in a straightjacket.

rodders
16-02-2018, 06:55 AM
Despite winning it seemed a rather uninspiring and inept performance to me

Gooner23
16-02-2018, 08:30 AM
Wenger on his future: "I have always respected my contracts. I would like to remind you that I said no to all the biggest clubs in the world to respect my contract so that’s always what I try to do" #Arsenal https://t.co/jpjwN6SA3k

He makes it sound like hes done us some great favour by overstaying his welcome by 10 years :lol:

Goonermerree
16-02-2018, 08:38 AM
They didn’t call him Danny Wellshit for nothing.

I’m so glad I didn’t listen to everyone nobody who said he was going to be the new Ian Wright.

I tried to make the best of it after we bought him. I liked his commitment, energy and attitude. I actually think he's worse now than when we bought him, but he hardly ever plays. I have to admit, he's just not good enough.

Goonermerree
16-02-2018, 08:39 AM
He makes it sound like hes done us some great favour by overstaying his welcome by 10 years :lol:

True, please break your contract!

Power n Glory
16-02-2018, 08:47 AM

It's in the Board's hands. Wenger is a selfish. Despite admitting the uncertainty surrounding the last contract talks destabilised the team, he's likely to repeat the same stance and put us through more turmoil. They have to offer him a deal and demand and answer by the summer, sack him or just let his deal down with no intention of offering a new deal.

Gooner23
16-02-2018, 08:54 AM
He needs to be sacked this summer, its the only option.

Cripps
16-02-2018, 09:55 AM
Héctor Bellerín speaking about @ArsenalFanTV: "I think it's so wrong for someone that claims to be a fan and their success is fed of a failure, so how can that be a fan? So i think they're just people hustling, trying to make money their way." ������ https://t.co/XHpOnzd1Zr

:haha: Bellerin :bow:

HCZ
16-02-2018, 10:03 AM
Héctor Bellerín speaking about @ArsenalFanTV: "I think it's so wrong for someone that claims to be a fan and their success is fed of a failure, so how can that be a fan? So i think they're just people hustling, trying to make money their way." ������ https://t.co/XHpOnzd1Zr

:haha: Bellerin :bow:

Conversely following that logic, if there wasn’t failure to begin with. No one at AFTV would be getting famous

Little prick. Whether you like AFTV or not it’s disrespectful and outrageous to accuse fans of wanting the team to lose to make a career for themselves.

GP
16-02-2018, 10:08 AM
Lets be honest, no one watches AFTV when we win.

Bellerin is right on this one.

Marc Overmars
16-02-2018, 10:14 AM
I'm more outraged by that queer hair and earing he has on.

Pretty daft thing to say really. It's an honest living and frankly most of the sentiments on AFTV are echoed throughout the fan base. I personally don't watch it anymore because it's a parody of itself but I don't have anything against those who appear on it, they're the ones travelling to all corners of the globe to support these failures and from the sounds of it they don't often get any appreciation from the players at games.

Football is an emotional game and of course someone losing their shit is going to gain more views. Videos don't viral unless something out of the ordinary happens in them. That's the same for anything in life.

HCZ
16-02-2018, 10:18 AM
Lets be honest, no one watches AFTV when we win.

Bellerin is right on this one.

No he’s not. His statement suggests these guys are happier when we lose

The nature of a channel like AFTV means it’s going to get more hits after a win because it will be more contentious

HCZ
16-02-2018, 10:19 AM
I'm more outraged by that queer hair and earing he has on.

Pretty daft thing to say really. It's an honest living and frankly most of the sentiments on AFTV are echoed throughout the fan base. I personally don't watch it anymore because it's a parody of itself but I don't have anything against those who appear on it, they're the ones travelling to all corners of the globe to support these failures and from the sounds of it they don't often get any appreciation from the players at games.

Football is an emotional game and of course someone losing their shit is going to gain more views. Videos don't viral unless something out of the ordinary happens in them. That's the same for anything in life.

:gp:

Letters
16-02-2018, 10:22 AM

The nature of a channel like AFTV means it’s going to get more hits after a win because it will be more contentious

There are people on here who do rather seem to wallow in our failures. Always find it odd behaviour.

HCZ
16-02-2018, 10:29 AM
There are people on here who do rather seem to wallow in our failures. Always find it odd behaviour.

Whilst I don’t agree with say Zim on the extent of what he says about Wenger and the squad

This is a place to vent, what other motivation would there be for people here

You constantly ask of people if you hate watching us so much why do you. It’s the pathology of a fan

I don’t agree with everything that’s said on here but I don’t have to.

GP
16-02-2018, 10:32 AM

Just taking a quick look at the channel, all of the most viewed post-match videos are following defeats. At least the top 30, I stopped counting there.

the place feeds off negativity.

Letters
16-02-2018, 10:33 AM
It's just a mindset I don't understand. I get a bit of venting but with some people it's more than that. They seem to revel in it and almost seem actively annoyed by good results.
Always find it weird.

HCZ
16-02-2018, 10:49 AM
It's just a mindset I don't understand. I get a bit of venting but with some people it's more than that. They seem to revel in it and almost seem actively annoyed by good results.
Always find it weird.

What good results?

Apart from Spurs at home what good results have we had this season?.

We’ve won games, but games you’d expect us to win and by and large have been totally underwhelming

Plus let’s be fair. They know good results are ephemeral and never lead to anything apart from Wenger using them to justify prolonging our misery.

HCZ
16-02-2018, 10:50 AM
Just taking a quick look at the channel, all of the most viewed post-match videos are following defeats. At least the top 30, I stopped counting there.

I don’t know why I said win. Still early. No clearly it’s going to get more hits after defeat because as I say it’s a contentious issue

But when people are fed up they want to wallow.

What the accusation is essentially is that the anger is manufactured

Xhaka Can’t
16-02-2018, 10:56 AM

Nature of the beast. The News is always shite because good news is no news.

Also with AFTV a lot of the hits when we lose are from rival fans who love watching the same characters lose their shit.

My issue with AFTV is that it really isn’t Arsenal Fan TV. Robbie says it trades of giving fans a voice. When he started it, this is exactly what it did.

Not now though. Where is the fan voice in what has become a parody of a shitshow?

Robbie gives a voice only to the same old same old. All the time. He decided long ago that chasing hits was more important than the reason he started this venture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Letters
16-02-2018, 11:02 AM
Apart from Spurs at home what good results have we had this season?
And look at certain people's response to that in the match reaction thread.
And it's not just this season which has been admittedly craptacular. Some people have been doing this wallowing for years, even in seasons when things were better and we did get more good results.

EDIT: Chelsea at home in the Hokey Cokey Cup too. Same air of being slightly irritated that we got a bit lucky with the goals,
If you can't enjoy moments like that, even in a crappy season, then what is the point of any of this?

HCZ
16-02-2018, 11:06 AM

Also with AFTV a lot of the hits when we lose are from rival fans who love watching the same characters lose their shit.

My issue with AFTV is that it really isn’t Arsenal Fan TV. Robbie says it trades of giving fans a voice. When he started it, this is exactly what it did.

Not now though. Where is the fan voice in what has become a parody of a shitshow?

Robbie gives a voice only to the same old same old. All the time. He decided long ago that chasing hits was more important than the reason he started this venture.

Oh he sold out did he?

This is guys now primary source of income. You are going to get more hits from Ty and Claude Punch and Judy act, DT effing and blinding and being able to count the amount of times Troopz says fam or blud in a three minute timeframe.

The format is what it is and I can’t blame Robbie for exploiting that

What I don’t believe though is that the anger, frustration and now almost ennui the fans feel is in anyway artificial

Power n Glory
16-02-2018, 11:23 AM

I disagree with that. The most popular guys on Arsenal Fan TV get the high numbers. People flock to watch those videos. But there are plenty of new speakers he hands the mic to each week. They're just not popular.

Power n Glory
16-02-2018, 11:26 AM
And look at certain people's response to that in the match reaction thread.
And it's not just this season which has been admittedly craptacular. Some people have been doing this wallowing for years, even in seasons when things were better and we did get more good results.

EDIT: Chelsea at home in the Hokey Cokey Cup too. Same air of being slightly irritated that we got a bit lucky with the goals,
If you can't enjoy moments like that, even in a crappy season, then what is the point of any of this?

Yet, you haven't closed down GW. ;) If GW was making a profit, would that somehow make you less of fan for running this site?

Letters
16-02-2018, 11:27 AM
A lot of opposition fans do watch the videos after bad results to lol at us.
Maybe that doesn't really matter.
#bantz

Marc Overmars
16-02-2018, 11:50 AM
No one wants to watch videos of fans praising players or tactics. You get enough of that from pundits on TV.

AFTV went viral because you got to hear real, candid opinions from lifelong, match going fans. My guess is also that their main demographic is the younger generation who see these guys almost like celebrities.

Niall_Quinn
16-02-2018, 12:04 PM
Bellerin hasn't even been at the club as long as most of the fans who have suffered through the Mad King's last decade. All the fans can do is put up with it. Bellerin could actually do something about it. Instead, he can't be bothered to learn how to cross a ball. So maybe he should get on and do that? Anything he has to say until he gets his own shit sorted out should be treated with the contempt it deserves.

As for the win last night - fuck that. Who cares? If you get down in Wenger's shit and grime you might be able to pull some sort of victory out of Wenger's arsehole. But look at it from even a moderate distance and you can see the following:

- A big club like Arsenal pubbing it out with Swedish nobodies in a nobody cup.

- The spuds and Liverpool, teams we were comfortably superior to, playing in the tournament that was meant to be the be all, end all and has led our club to chasing 4th instead of 1st. A mentality that has destroyed us. We can't even get in that cup any more.

- Arsene Wenger and his small band of profit hungry execs and rather limit and non-committal players getting richer and richer and the club bank balance climbing higher and higher.

So not a pretty picture at all and so far from a cause for celebration it's easily a plane trip back to reality.

Context is everything and only in its absence could you possibly conceive last night's result as being in any way significant.

In the right context - what does any reasonable person expect an operation like AFTV, or any fan group related to Arsenal, to be focused on? The odd win and the odd decent performance? We get what, maybe 3 decent performances a season these days?

I wonder why all the doom and gloom tops the charts then? What a shocking revelation, in light of the shocking reality of the shit state of this club and the incompetent, greedy bastards running it. We should be happy about that?

No. Sorry. What would it say about our fan base if the majority of fans were HAPPY with the shit going on?

People need to be very careful here. The Pro-Wenger, anti-Arsenal lot, with all their holier-than-thou crap about supporting the team when our own fucking owners, execs and the manager won't support the fucking team, are going to ride any sort of success we have in the Tin Pot Cups to try to make a case for their anti-hero Wenger.

Don't fall for it. The only positive thing a fan can do is stay right on Wenger's arse and keep putting the pressure on. Don't let up for a second or this cunt will find a way to slip back in, carried their by the toads and quislings that have fawned over him and kept him at the helm 10 years beyond his dispose of date.

Don't buy into this shit and don't let them question your loyalty to the club or blame you for their fuck ups and their slavish devotion to a prick who never liked them, doesn't respect them and treats them like shit on his shoe. If that lot can't muster any dignity or self respect then why should you pay any heed to a word they have to say.

Ignore them and get on with the positive and necessary task of getting Wenger out.

Goonermerree
16-02-2018, 01:49 PM
Bellerin hasn't even been at the club as long as most of the fans who have suffered through the Mad King's last decade. All the fans can do is put up with it. Bellerin could actually do something about it. Instead, he can't be bothered to learn how to cross a ball. So maybe he should get on and do that? Anything he has to say until he gets his own shit sorted out should be treated with the contempt it deserves.

As for the win last night - fuck that. Who cares? If you get down in Wenger's shit and grime you might be able to pull some sort of victory out of Wenger's arsehole. But look at it from even a moderate distance and you can see the following:

- The spuds and Liverpool, teams we were comfortably superior to, playing in the tournament that was meant to be the be all, end all and has led our club to chasing 4th instead of 1st. A mentality that has destroyed us. We can't even get in that cup any more.

- Arsene Wenger and his small band of profit hungry execs and rather limit and non-committal players getting richer and richer and the club bank balance climbing higher and higher.

So not a pretty picture at all and so far from a cause for celebration it's easily a plane trip back to reality.

Context is everything and only in its absence could you possibly conceive last night's result as being in any way significant.

In the right context - what does any reasonable person expect an operation like AFTV, or any fan group related to Arsenal, to be focused on? The odd win and the odd decent performance? We get what, maybe 3 decent performances a season these days?

I wonder why all the doom and gloom tops the charts then? What a shocking revelation, in light of the shocking reality of the shit state of this club and the incompetent, greedy bastards running it. We should be happy about that?

No. Sorry. What would it say about our fan base if the majority of fans were HAPPY with the shit going on?

People need to be very careful here. The Pro-Wenger, anti-Arsenal lot, with all their holier-than-thou crap about supporting the team when our own fucking owners, execs and the manager won't support the fucking team, are going to ride any sort of success we have in the Tin Pot Cups to try to make a case for their anti-hero Wenger.

Don't fall for it. The only positive thing a fan can do is stay right on Wenger's arse and keep putting the pressure on. Don't let up for a second or this cunt will find a way to slip back in, carried their by the toads and quislings that have fawned over him and kept him at the helm 10 years beyond his dispose of date.

Don't buy into this shit and don't let them question your loyalty to the club or blame you for their fuck ups and their slavish devotion to a prick who never liked them, doesn't respect them and treats them like shit on his shoe. If that lot can't muster any dignity or self respect then why should you pay any heed to a word they have to say.

Ignore them and get on with the positive and necessary task of getting Wenger out.

:gp:

AFC Leveller
16-02-2018, 02:09 PM
https://www.facebook.com/SarcasticGooner/posts/2068833106687351

The player who missed the pel last night...

Cripps
16-02-2018, 04:11 PM

:faint:

Cripps
16-02-2018, 04:14 PM

Tl;dr. But based on previous debates I agree with you and disagree with Wetters.

Globalgunner
16-02-2018, 05:27 PM
There is no getting behind this team while Wenger is still in charge. Not for me anyway. Why? because we have seen it all before. for over a dozen years. They are the lover who has cheated 6 times before and still has the audacity to send Valentine cards expecting to be forgiven. The office colleague that is never on time and tells you to wait out in the snow that he will arrive with the door keys on the hour. How do you celebrate a win at home to Everton with glee when you know that of 3 away matches you will be lucky to get a draw in 1. How can you get behind a team that was 7 points ahead of the Spuds in October and is now 7 points behind them. A swing of 14 points!!! FFS!. A team of bottlers who turn round and blame the fans for not giving them sufficient backbone. We get tanked by the Spuds and Wenger starts waxing lyrical about superman Harry Kane.

Wenger has no shame. So we beat a team of butchers and carpenters. Have we yet heard the famous " Turned a corner" line yet?. We hear it about 1 a month then it is followed by 2 or 3 pathetic results. What is the point? a charge to 4th place? is that even possible now. Can we win the league. Yes if it is still mathematically possible we are told time after time. I take no joy from a klutzy win over Everton when I know that Nottingham Forest just beat us in the FA cup. A club bottom of the championship.

Where are we going? backwards obviously.

Power n Glory
16-02-2018, 07:54 PM
No one wants to watch videos of fans praising players or tactics. You get enough of that from pundits on TV.

AFTV went viral because you got to hear real, candid opinions from lifelong, match going fans. My guess is also that their main demographic is the younger generation who see these guys almost like celebrities.

True. If there was an audience for positive praise and in depth talk of tactics on AFTV, the audience numbers would reflect that. I can't blame Robbie for what viewers flock to. He posts videos for every game. Win, lose or draw. It's not as if he only pops up after a loss and that's why Bellerin is wrong and out of order. If the team actually won and played better maybe things would be different on there. Even with the so called celebrities, they're not always negative and the fact that they have that perception on here just proves that most of us only tune in after a lose too.

HCZ
16-02-2018, 08:19 PM
True. If there was an audience for positive praise and in depth talk of tactics on AFTV, the audience numbers would reflect that. I can't blame Robbie for what viewers flock to. He posts videos for every game. Win, lose or draw. It's not as if he only pops up after a loss and that's why Bellerin is wrong and out of order. If the team actually won and played better maybe things would be different on there. Even with the so called celebrities, they're not always negative and the fact that they have that perception on here just proves that most of us only tune in after a lose too.

It makes no sense, it’s like a company saying it’s fed up of all the negative feedback it gets from its complaints line.

Don’t churn out an inferior product and you won’t have to deal with negativity

And for fans that agree with Bellerin, what the hell is wrong with you. The fact that your less embarrassed by the 10-2 defeat to Bayern than fans swearing their heads off about it says more about you.

And are people like Claude and DT getting celebrity out of it? Well sod it might as well get something out of it.

Although the only thing Claude seems to get out of it is a shortcut to an early grave

Power n Glory
16-02-2018, 10:18 PM
It really is bullshit and makes no sense. The players can change the narrative of the story. Fans who criticise AFTV can change the consensus on that platform too. Tune in when we win or go up on AFTV and speak on all the positives. It's an open forum.

Marc Overmars
16-02-2018, 11:38 PM
People get way too butt hurt over negativity.

Cripps
17-02-2018, 12:18 AM
AFTV started off with good intentions. It's turned into a comedy show and we hardly need more comedy at this banter club.

It's a cancer to the club.

Globalgunner
17-02-2018, 11:39 AM
AFTV started off with good intentions. It's turned into a comedy show and we hardly need more comedy at this banter club.

It's a cancer to the club.

We already have a terminal disease called Wenger at the club. What harm can a little cancer do. The patient will be dead in about 3 years if this shit is allowed to continue.

21_GOONER_SALUTE
18-02-2018, 12:03 PM
We already have a terminal disease called Wenger at the club. What harm can a little cancer do. The patient will be dead in about 3 years if this shit is allowed to continue.

Gooners fighting gooners over Bellerin :smh: , FFS even Gweb has been around longer than Bellerin!!

I can't really understand what's wrong with some of us; I really thought the war between Arsenal and Arsene fans had been won.... maybe we need a relegation scare before some so called fans get it.

Keeping the heat on Arsene's Team is the only thing that will bring meaningful change, simple. It already has done.

The "Arsene Knows" crowd had it their way and should take pride in leading us to Thursday night football, being the third team in London and yes, the notorious popularity of AFTV- I'm sure none of you can remember the last time you logged onto Arsenal TV on the official website... does it exist anymore???

McNamara That Ghost...
18-02-2018, 12:28 PM
Last week. Aubameyang's interview wasn't that interesting though

Putting this on fans supporting Wenger seems a bit unfair, have results got worse or better since Wenger Out has been such a consistent presence?

Throwing stones in the other direction is just as irrelevant anyway, if results are suffering because of dissention among fans then it's Wenger to blame, not one group or the other, which, I think was your initial point.

Bumble
22-02-2018, 01:08 PM
why is nobody talking about the 2nd leg.... we could be one step closer to a major trophy tonight.... exciting times.

Niall_Quinn
22-02-2018, 01:57 PM
why is nobody talking about the 2nd leg.... we could be one step closer to a major trophy tonight.... exciting times.

It's too exciting to gather my thoughts.