PDA

View Full Version : Ostersunds (H). Thursday 8.05pm. BT Shite.

Cripps
17-02-2018, 05:24 PM
:blink:

Niall_Quinn
17-02-2018, 06:16 PM
Don't care.

Tin pot cup for losers. Those who couldn't make it at the big boys level.

It's all embarrassing. Which suits Wenger down to the ground because he's the ultimate embarrassment in football.

If we played the kids I'd be interested. But watching 300K a week players beat up on a bunch of Swedish part timers - big wow. Degrading really.

Marc Overmars
17-02-2018, 06:24 PM
Guess we’ll go full on second string with the Milk Cup final 3 days later.

McNamara That Ghost...
17-02-2018, 09:15 PM
Don't care.

Tin pot cup for losers. Those who couldn't make it at the big boys level.

It's all embarrassing. Which suits Wenger down to the ground because he's the ultimate embarrassment in football.

If we played the kids I'd be interested. But watching 300K a week players beat up on a bunch of Swedish part timers - big wow. Degrading really.

I disagree massively.

It's not the Champions League and of course I'd rather we were in that but it seems to be a tournament thought of in more diminishing terms over here than anywhere else in Europe. Plus really, if we ever hope to win that tournament when we're eventually sans Wenger I think we as a club need to learn how to win European ties, even though of course the quality would eventually be a lot higher in the Champions League. Perhaps it's a tournament that you have to win to avoid mockery but there are really some quite good teams in it.

Also, are Ostersunds any worse than the filth we've faced in the Champions League group stages recently?

Cripps
18-02-2018, 11:10 AM
They need to change it back to the UEFA cup. At least that had some prestige.

Marc Overmars
18-02-2018, 12:20 PM
I’ve always felt it should mirror the CL. 32 teams only. Makes it a little more exclusive.

I don’t think having CL drop outs helps with its reputation as being second rate.

Niall_Quinn
19-02-2018, 08:35 AM
I disagree massively.

It's not the Champions League and of course I'd rather we were in that but it seems to be a tournament thought of in more diminishing terms over here than anywhere else in Europe. Plus really, if we ever hope to win that tournament when we're eventually sans Wenger I think we as a club need to learn how to win European ties, even though of course the quality would eventually be a lot higher in the Champions League. Perhaps it's a tournament that you have to win to avoid mockery but there are really some quite good teams in it.

Also, are Ostersunds any worse than the filth we've faced in the Champions League group stages recently?

Even the CL is packed with losing teams. So a level below that you have a whole tournament of losers, including the teams that couldn't hack it in the CL. Yes, it's still a European competition and true, it would be useful if we could learn how to win one of those, or even compete. But the point is, Wenger has taken us down a level from the top tier and our presence in this tournament underlines the fact. Chances are we'll be in it next season too - maybe. Maybe, because right now it's far from certain given our form. We're either aspire to be a top club or we don't. If we accept this tournament as in any way prestigious it acknowledges and reinforces our second tier status and makes a mockery of our supposed status in the game. Wenger might be happy to put up with it, the players who haven't already left may be satisfied too, our crappy owner might be chuffed (although I suspect he's not) - but I don't think the fans should be satisfied with this. It's horribly reminiscent of the Top 4 Trophy thing, except at an even lower level.

I'm not saying I don't want to win it. We're in it so we might as well go for it. But I'd hate it to cover over the disgraceful job Wenger has done and it's just too horrible to contemplate him getting another contract on the back of a second tier triumph. It would be so him.

HCZ
19-02-2018, 09:40 AM
Even the CL is packed with losing teams. So a level below that you have a whole tournament of losers, including the teams that couldn't hack it in the CL. Yes, it's still a European competition and true, it would be useful if we could learn how to win one of those, or even compete. But the point is, Wenger has taken us down a level from the top tier and our presence in this tournament underlines the fact. Chances are we'll be in it next season too - maybe. Maybe, because right now it's far from certain given our form. We're either aspire to be a top club or we don't. If we accept this tournament as in any way prestigious it acknowledges and reinforces our second tier status and makes a mockery of our supposed status in the game. Wenger might be happy to put up with it, the players who haven't already left may be satisfied too, our crappy owner might be chuffed (although I suspect he's not) - but I don't think the fans should be satisfied with this. It's horribly reminiscent of the Top 4 Trophy thing, except at an even lower level.

I'm not saying I don't want to win it. We're in it so we might as well go for it. But I'd hate it to cover over the disgraceful job Wenger has done and it's just too horrible to contemplate him getting another contract on the back of a second tier triumph. It would be so him.

With teams like Atlético, Lazio, Dortmund, Lyon etc still in it, you truly don’t have to worry about that

We have no chance of winning the Europa league

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
19-02-2018, 11:22 AM
I’ve always felt it should mirror the CL. 32 teams only. Makes it a little more exclusive.

I don’t think having CL drop outs helps with its reputation as being second rate.

I think the CL drop outs actually raises the quality and prestige of the thing. Perhaps not entirely by perception, but in reality a lot of the best teams in it are the CL drop outs.

If the reputation is that it is a second tier competition, that is fair enough because that is essentially and precisely what it is, but as Maccy suggests, there isn't quite the contempt for it on the continent that there is here......

As it's second tier, I won't try too hard to convince anybody they should care about it, but it is our level and we are in it, so surely everybody should want us to win it, even if they can't bring themselves to care that strongly about it. My argument was very similar about the league cup before many people cared and before we had reached the final.

The feeling of pulverising a viking village pub team by the north pole is still better than the disgusting feeling of being done 5-1 by Bayern.....even if the quality is sheepishly embarrassing.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
19-02-2018, 11:27 AM
The ultimate irony of course being that the only way we are going to break the cycle of the Europa league is by finishing 7th (unless I'm mistaken) or winning the thing!

Mac76
19-02-2018, 12:33 PM
I agree it's embarrassing being in it, but on football anorak terms it's been quite fun seeing Arsenal playing different teams and the away fans are always good fun

i'll be at the home tie on Thursday despite it being virtually a dead rubber, just for the novelty value

But the club needs to have the attitude that this is a short visit to the Europa league, not a permanent residency...

and i think the minute we meet one of the CL dropouts we'll be out anyway... :rolleyes:

Letters
19-02-2018, 01:24 PM
When did we get so big for our boots and think we're too good for the Europa League?
Sheesh, in my day we rarely qualified for Europe. I know more teams do now but Man Utd won the thing last year.
It's still a European competition and it's the best we have on offer right now.

GP
19-02-2018, 01:32 PM
I'd love to win it. We're a club starved of any kind of European success, it would be a really big deal for us.

Marc Overmars
19-02-2018, 01:40 PM
As far as I’m concerned winning it would represent a successful season.

It would be fun to win the Milk Cup but that’s completely tin pot. This competition is what our season hinges on.

KSE Comedy Club
19-02-2018, 01:50 PM
We should be winning it tbh, it's the very least we should be aiming for at this current time.

Niall_Quinn
19-02-2018, 01:53 PM
Half the fans have been trained, not just to accept second best, but to feel grateful for it. This has been Wenger's most intolerable achievement.

This isn't about arrogance or snobbery. This is about a club with multiple times more resource than many of the clubs playing in the CL, a club with just as many resources as the chavs, more than Liverpool, more than the spuds, falling to a relatively lowly level due to the complacency of the owner, the club hierarchy, most certainly the manager (definitely that cunt) and also the fans. The fans have to carry a lot of the blame for what has happened to the club.

I suppose every club is allowed a blip. Utd, the chavs, they failed to qualify for Europe or even the Europa. But these clubs double their efforts and struggle back to the top. At Arsenal, as each new low is achieved it becomes the new norm. We now accept we aren't a top 2 club. And we also accept we aren't a top 4 club. And we also accept we won't be getting back into the CL and can't compete even if we got there. And we accept and even look forward to competing in the Europa league. And we also value the "Your Name Here" Cup. New lows. I don't think it's snobbery to point out just what an awful job the manager is doing with the amazing amount of resources at his disposal or what an incredible rip-off this club is or just how little ambition some of our fans possess.

With a combination of this owner, this manager and half the fans who go along with it all, little wonder we are sinking towards the bottom with no sign of arrest. No ambition and an open embrace for each new low as it arrives.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
19-02-2018, 05:59 PM
As far as I’m concerned winning it would represent a successful season.

It would be fun to win the Milk Cup but that’s completely tin pot. This competition is what our season hinges on.

If Wenger beats one of the best ever premier league sides with one of his worst teams (albeit not man for man but as a team) it will be some achievement and will add a little more significance.

Marc Overmars
19-02-2018, 06:08 PM
If Wenger beats one of the best ever premier league sides with one of his worst teams (albeit not man for man but as a team) it will be some achievement and will add a little more significance.

It would add some gloss I suppose and I guess beating this City team is something to crow about seeing as they've only lost 2 games all season.
If we won it but then continued to bomb in the league and exited the Europa, it would be forgotten about before season is even out though.

I reckon City will spank us anyway.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
19-02-2018, 06:21 PM
I don't think the club or Wenger would let us forget, lol....particularly as it would fast become the piece of driftwood keeping them afloat in the circumstances you describe.

Like you I fear a spanking...but to be honest, I just really want us to win it, so even if we lose by a narrow margin I'll be gutted.

Cripps
19-02-2018, 07:13 PM
Stuck in 2 minds.

Would love to win a trophy and add it to the ranks but at the same time, a trophy will probably mean another extension.

:shrug:

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
19-02-2018, 07:20 PM
The caffeine cup isn't a huge amount more in money....and still doesn't sit that favourably set against missing out on the CL and (potentially) not winning the Europa....so in those circumstances, is Kroenke going to pull rank and offer another extension?

Niall_Quinn
19-02-2018, 07:31 PM
We're very "fortunate" to have somebody as experienced in football as Josh Kroenke to step in and sort this out.

He's here to plan for Wenger's departure, apparently. He could just as easily be here to put an end to any steps being taken to force the dinosaur out. We don't know what the Kroenke's will do because we don't have much insight into why they want to own Arsenal and what they are using the club for. We can guess, but that's all.

So I'd view any sort of success, limited as it would be considering we are in for two second tier trophies with the primary stuff way off in the distance, as a severe risk of Wenger getting the nod for a contract extension. What would everyone think of the Europa cup if that was the outcome? What a horrible situation to be in as a fan. Wanting to win, but knowing each win could potentially ruin the club further. Only at Arsenal.

I reckon we'll give the gypos a good hiding. They aren't anywhere near as good as the the hype suggests. Their defence is garbage and if we discover our balls and take the game to them they'll collapse, like they did against Liverpool. If we play it slow and negative, we'll get hit by a cricket score. Even Wenger tends to take games against the gypos somewhat seriously so he might (might) plan for this one. Even so, our players are good enough to overcome that if they put their minds to the challenge.

Cripps
19-02-2018, 08:20 PM
The caffeine cup isn't a huge amount more in money....and still doesn't sit that favourably set against missing out on the CL and (potentially) not winning the Europa....so in those circumstances, is Kroenke going to pull rank and offer another extension?

He got a contract extension off the FA cup.

So yes.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
19-02-2018, 09:59 PM
That was the first year out of the CL though...this is the second with a lesser trophy.

Having said that I wouldn't be astounded if he were offered it......I just think Wenger will walk after the 2 years if he doesn't get top 4 and doesn't win the Europa as the fan discontentment will secretly hurt him.

Cripps
19-02-2018, 10:17 PM
Ok think of it like this.

Kroenke flies in once a year.

The one time he flies in he sees us lift a trophy, fans jubilant, players celebrating, Wenger elated and reciprocally clapping the away fans.

Would he get the boot?

Niall_Quinn
19-02-2018, 10:20 PM
That was the first year out of the CL though...this is the second with a lesser trophy.

Having said that I wouldn't be astounded if he were offered it......I just think Wenger will walk after the 2 years if he doesn't get top 4 and doesn't win the Europa as the fan discontentment will secretly hurt him.

Wenger has had several opportunities to leave on an up note. Instead he used the cup wins as an excuse to stay. He's going nowhere if it's left up to him.

KSE Comedy Club
20-02-2018, 01:23 PM
Dilemma really.

If we win, it's a European trophy but it makes Wenger look good.

If we don't, Wenger could be sacked (hopefully), but it's depressing to lose out in another European tournament.

:ilt:

Letters
21-02-2018, 08:08 AM
Half the fans have been trained, not just to accept second best, but to feel grateful for it. This has been Wenger's most intolerable achievement.

Some of the fans are old enough to remember when second best was significantly better than we generally achieved.
You are. Read Fever Pitch if you've forgotten.

This isn't about arrogance or snobbery. This is about a club with multiple times more resource than many of the clubs playing in the CL, a club with just as many resources as the chavs, more than Liverpool, more than the spuds, falling to a relatively lowly level due to the complacency of the owner, the club hierarchy, most certainly the manager (definitely that cunt) and also the fans. The fans have to carry a lot of the blame for what has happened to the club.

Pretty much agreed. This is what I call the Wenger paradox, he is the reason (certainly a part of the reason) we have these resources and this level of expectation and the reason we are not making the most of those resources and failing to reach the level those resources should get us to.

I don't accept we're not a top 4 club. Top 2, yes. We don't have more resources than City, Chelsea or Utd. There is no top 2 any more, not since Chelsea and City bought their way in. But neither should any of these sides should be miles above us. Spurs should be nowhere near us. The rest of your post is a straw man argument. Well, maybe it isn't given how a lot of fans keep paying to go to the stadium and buying the latest shirts, but it is not representative of the people on here - not even me and I've been one of the more patient people on here with Wenger.

HCZ
22-02-2018, 09:09 AM
So are we likely to see a lot of changes to the team tonight given how we are playing city on Sunday and this tie should be dead?

Marc Overmars
22-02-2018, 09:43 AM
I would have thought so.

Should be the second string plus Mkhi who can't play on Sunday.

I'd play Welbz though, he needs to sort his life out given he's going to lead the line for us in the next round.

HCZ
22-02-2018, 09:59 AM
I would have thought so.

Should be the second string plus Mkhi who can't play on Sunday.

I'd play Welbz though, he needs to sort his life out given he's going to lead the line for us in the next round.

Welbeck hopefully won’t play Sunday so yes would play him today

Ospina, Chambers, Holding, Mavropanos, Kolasinac, Maitland Niles, Elneny, Iwobi, Nelsen, Mkyhtarian and Welbeck

KSE Comedy Club
22-02-2018, 11:14 AM
Ospina is playing Sunday though so Wenker may put Czech in :shrug:

Welbeck should be threatened with a public stoning if he doesn't score tbh

Niall_Quinn
22-02-2018, 01:59 PM
Ozil is ill - apparently.

Poor guy really is on his last legs.

KSE Comedy Club
22-02-2018, 02:47 PM
Struck down by the same mystery virus that hit Ramsey after he scored a hat trick :coffee:

HCZ
22-02-2018, 03:54 PM
Struck down by the same mystery virus that hit Ramsey after he scored a hat trick :coffee:

AIDS?

Niall_Quinn
22-02-2018, 04:02 PM
AIDS?

No ASSISTS

HCZ
22-02-2018, 07:00 PM
Welbeck hopefully won’t play Sunday so yes would play him today

Ospina, Chambers, Holding, Mavropanos, Kolasinac, Maitland Niles, Elneny, Iwobi, Nelsen, Mkyhtarian and Welbeck

Ospina, Bellerin, Chambers, Holding, Kolasinac, Maitland Niles, Elneny, Wilshere, Iwobi, Mkyhtarian and Welbeck

Guessed 9 out of 11

Niall_Quinn
22-02-2018, 07:24 PM
Coming to GW reminded me this was even happening :haha:

What a shitfest of a non-competition this is. But I'll probably watch it now.

McNamara That Ghost...
22-02-2018, 08:01 PM
Come on Arsenal. :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
22-02-2018, 08:03 PM
Iain Darke straight in to being wrong.

Didn't Andelecht come back from 3-0 down against ust?

McNamara That Ghost...
22-02-2018, 08:03 PM
Europa League music. :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
22-02-2018, 08:07 PM
We're not playing in red, WTF?

Goonermerree
22-02-2018, 08:07 PM
I hope chambers and Holding gain some confidence. I hope Welbz scores a hat trick, bout time. Why is Wilshere playing? surely we need him on Sunday. And why are we playing in blue???

Goonermerree
22-02-2018, 08:13 PM
Not enough streams, anyone got a decent one?

Niall_Quinn
22-02-2018, 08:15 PM
Our defence continues to be the second biggest joke in football, after the hilarity of Wenger being our manager.

Niall_Quinn
http://streamspn.info/tv/fs2

Goonermerree
Nouri should have scored, that was a let off.

Goonermerree
22-02-2018, 08:16 PM
http://streamspn.info/tv/fs2
Thanks mine keeps stalling.

McNamara That Ghost...
22-02-2018, 08:19 PM
Iwobi. :lol:

Globalgunner
Iwobi trying to be a baller. Fails miserably.

Niall_Quinn
Wenger so pissed with Iwobi there. Only 500 passes into the move and the kid goes and shoots.

Niall_Quinn
22-02-2018, 08:21 PM
We need to practise our diving, little bit.

Globalgunner
22-02-2018, 08:22 PM
This old man, he plays crap
He plays tip tap all the time.
Tip-tap, back and forth, ne`er a shot a goal
This pure crap is getting old.

McNamara That Ghost...
22-02-2018, 08:25 PM
Holding has been opened up. :sick:

Thierrymon
22-02-2018, 08:27 PM
0-1 :lol:

Losing to pub team at home.

Niall_Quinn
22-02-2018, 08:28 PM
LOL

Wenger out as always.

Goal was coming tbf. We are DIRE.

Globalgunner
We love to make stuff exciting.

Marc Overmars
:doh:

Thierrymon
22-02-2018, 08:29 PM
0-2 fuck me.

Wenger :doh:

Niall_Quinn
We have those 3 away goals to fall back on, so I'd still make us favourites. Just.

Ooops 2-0 now.

fakeyank
:haha:

Globalgunner
LOL. What is happening here?!

Niall_Quinn
22-02-2018, 08:30 PM
The team was completely unprepared tonight. No energy whatsoever. No plan whatsoever. No defence whatsoever. All Wenger hallmarks.

Marc Overmars
22-02-2018, 08:30 PM
0-2?!

:haha:

Cripps
22-02-2018, 08:31 PM
:haha: :haha:

Goonermerree
Oh dear, I nearly didn't watch this because I thought it was in the bag. City will be licking their lips for Sunday. It's not as if we have only kids in the team half of these will expect to play on Sunday. The other half will be hopeful.

Niall_Quinn
LOL. What is happening here?!

Wenger is happening here. He always finds ways to scrape some extra shit out of the deepest, darkest bottom of the shit barrel.

Thierrymon
When Welbs is our only striker teams know they dont need to defend against us.

Marc Overmars
He has to be sacked on the spot if we somehow balls this up.

Niall_Quinn
22-02-2018, 08:32 PM
Tackle from behind in the box?

No?

Cripps
22-02-2018, 08:32 PM

https://i2.wp.com/cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/images/photos/001/330/852/121964586_crop_340x234.jpg?w=850

Niall_Quinn
22-02-2018, 08:33 PM
When Welbs is our only striker teams know they dont need to defend against us.

Which makes it fair, because we don't defend against them either.

Niall_Quinn
22-02-2018, 08:34 PM

Not his fault. It's the fans' faults.

Yes, so maybe this is about his 9th team. and maybe we end up with the same old shit regardless. But when the fans keep letting your down, what can you do? Blaming the manager isn't the solution.

Marc Overmars
22-02-2018, 08:35 PM
Not his fault. It's the fans' faults.

Yes, so maybe this is about his 9th team. and maybe we end up with the same old shit regardless. But when the fans keep letting your down, what can you do? Blaming the manager isn't the solution.

Those god damn negative Arsenal fans.

Niall_Quinn
Wenger has been giving Mikki one on one coaching. It shows.

Globalgunner
Absolutely nothing to choose between Cech and Ospina, 2 varieties of the same shit.

Niall_Quinn
22-02-2018, 08:37 PM
Those god damn negative Arsenal fans.

We love it when we lose to a Swedish drinking club in the Europat Bowl. We hated it when we were winning titles.

Facts.

Cripps
22-02-2018, 08:38 PM
Are we actually going to lose this?

McNamara That Ghost...
Horrendous from Iwobi again.

Goonermerree
When you look at the English teams n the CL coming away with fairly decent results, then you look at us against poor opposition struggling. Depressing stuff. Still think we'll win, but we do make it hard for ourselves.

Niall_Quinn
22-02-2018, 08:39 PM

Nah. It'll be a glorious, backs to the wall, away goals triumph.

Anyway, it's not about the winning and losing but how badly you embarrass yourself on the night. So we're doing very well.

Globalgunner
22-02-2018, 08:40 PM

Well we`ve lost a 4-0 lead before in 45mins, so anything is possible.

Niall_Quinn
22-02-2018, 08:41 PM
Wenger needs to get them in and give them one of his famous team talks. :doh:

Niall_Quinn
22-02-2018, 08:42 PM
Hater fans made Bellerin miss that.

Niall_Quinn
22-02-2018, 08:43 PM
Goal by Senna was quite classy - although the defender gave a good assist.

Globalgunner
22-02-2018, 08:43 PM
Notice when the shit starts to ht the fan, Wenger turns to Bould for empathy. But back on the training pitch at Colney. He blanks him completely.
Bould just sits there and pretends to be deaf.

McNamara That Ghost...
22-02-2018, 08:44 PM
It's a good thing we've got such a together squad, they'd be whining at each other otherwise.

AFC Leveller
22-02-2018, 08:45 PM
We are only doing this to make City complacent on sunday...

Niall_Quinn
22-02-2018, 08:46 PM
Why doesn't Jack shoot?

It really has been trained out of these players.

Goonermerree
22-02-2018, 08:47 PM
Have we had a shot on goal yet? I can't remember one.

Niall_Quinn
22-02-2018, 08:47 PM
Ah yes. That's why Jack doesn't shoot.

McNamara That Ghost...
22-02-2018, 08:48 PM
Wheelchair. :haha:

Goonermerree
Two nil up, no need to pull Mickys knickers down.:angry:

Niall_Quinn
What happened to this Swede lot in the first leg then? An off-night? Lucky for us.

Goonermerree
22-02-2018, 08:50 PM
Don't think El Nenny and AMN like each other.

Marc Overmars
22-02-2018, 08:53 PM
What a bunch of losers.

Niall_Quinn
HT 0-2

Absolute shocker. Except it's not. Because we have Wenger.

It's a stark indictment of the old goat that Mkhitaryan is several levels better than any of our other players out there. Maybe Jack, on his day, is worth the effort. But look at the rest of that squad. Wenger's turned every one of them into a bog standard punting pubber.

McNamara That Ghost...
0-2 HT. Boos. :lol:

Fuck it I'm going to sleep.

HCZ
22-02-2018, 08:55 PM
Brilliant, these players earn less in a month than our players make in a single day

Marc Overmars
22-02-2018, 08:56 PM
Empty seats everywhere. :lol:

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
22-02-2018, 08:56 PM
So glad Kolasinac is there and not that bang average Monreal...otherwise this might be a cricket score.

Goonermerree
22-02-2018, 08:57 PM

They've all gone to down the alcohol to soften the blow.

Niall_Quinn
22-02-2018, 08:58 PM

The one seat that matters still has a fat, useless arse planted in it though.

When's he going to get embarrassed enough by his own incompetence and fuck right off?

Marc Overmars
22-02-2018, 08:58 PM
Even if we go through tonight, we’re proving we just don’t have the mentality required to win this.

Cripps
22-02-2018, 09:00 PM
:rose:

Niall_Quinn
22-02-2018, 09:01 PM
Even if we go through tonight, we’re proving we just don’t have the mentality required to win this.

Wenger always insults the smaller opponents. And he thinks having players at home with their feet up is better preparation for the gypos than getting a good performance in tonight.

He's an utterly incompetent cock. Over and over again he's proved wrong but he just keeps doing the same shit. Fucking looney tunes. A right nutter of a bloke.

Globalgunner
22-02-2018, 09:01 PM
You guys forget that Wenger has turned down all the big European clubs to remain loyal to Arsenal. You should be more appreciative

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
22-02-2018, 09:04 PM
I though Ospina was really poor on that second goal......clown car of a defence aside.

HCZ
22-02-2018, 09:05 PM
So glad Kolasinac is there and not that bang average Monreal...otherwise this might be a cricket score.

He is slow and average

But turns out I underestimated how advanced a case of Wengeritis Kolasinac is suffering from

Cripps
22-02-2018, 09:07 PM
Kolasinac looked an absolute beast when he first arrived

What happened?

Niall_Quinn
22-02-2018, 09:07 PM
He is slow and average

But turns out I underestimated how advanced a case of Wengeritis Kolasinac is suffering from

Wenger destroyed him, and then destroyed Lacazette. He'll destroy Mkhitaryan too and he'll make an absolute shitheap of Aubameyang.

It's what he does.

Monreal has resisted him for a long time now, he's as resilient as Frodo. You have to give the guy a lot of credit.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
22-02-2018, 09:08 PM
He is slow and average

Lol you keep telling your lying eyes that.

Niall_Quinn
22-02-2018, 09:09 PM
Kolabottle!!!!!!!!

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
22-02-2018, 09:10 PM
All is forgiven, I'm sorry.

Goonermerree
Scored, at last.

Thierrymon
The commentators sound devastated that we scored.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
Defending that even we would be proud of...

Marc Overmars
Yay

Goonermerree
22-02-2018, 09:11 PM
A shot as well!!!!!!!:blink:

Niall_Quinn
22-02-2018, 09:12 PM
Welbeck?
WTF is that?

What a joke.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
Chaka Khan taking unusually long to annoy me today.

Cripps
Kolasinac :lol:

It's ours :bow:

Wenger :bow:

Cripps
22-02-2018, 09:13 PM
Kolasinac looked an absolute beast when he first arrived

What happened?

:pal:

HCZ
22-02-2018, 09:13 PM
Lol you keep telling your lying eyes that.

My eyes are lying to me when I saw Monreal get beasted by pace and outmuscled and turned all the time at left back

Naughty eyes

Cripps
22-02-2018, 09:15 PM
Dortmund losing

Napoli out

It's ours :bow:

Niall_Quinn
22-02-2018, 09:15 PM
We are in super serious trouble if Welbeck is all we have to try and win this competition. It's absolutely pointless having him in the centre. He does fuck all. And I know that means he's going to score in a minute, but that doesn't disguise the fact he's the most unstriker like striker I ever saw.

HCZ
22-02-2018, 09:16 PM
We are in super serious trouble if Welbeck is all we have to try and win this competition. It's absolutely pointless having him in the centre. He does fuck all. And I know that means he's going to score in a minute, but that doesn't disguise the fact he's the most unstriker like striker I ever saw.

Not even sure we can entirely blame Wenger for that

Well buying him we can

Niall_Quinn
22-02-2018, 09:17 PM
Not even sure we can entirely blame Wenger for that

Well buying him we can

Why not? He sold Bif when we could have dumped those chavs right in the shit. All because he's his dad.

Goonermerree
22-02-2018, 09:18 PM
Hopefully we'll play our best team when we get to the next round.

Niall_Quinn
22-02-2018, 09:19 PM
Hopefully we'll play our best team when we get to the next round.

Auba can't play and Laca is out for 6 weeks (which means at least 3 years). Welbz is it, unless we play Eddie or Nacho up there.

I suppose Elneny also too can as well play there as you know.

Goonermerree
22-02-2018, 09:21 PM
Auba can't play and Laca is out for 6 weeks (which means at least 3 years). Welbz is it, unless we play Eddie or Nacho up there.

I suppose Elneny also too can as well play there as you know.
Forgot about that. We're doomed, doomed I tell ya.

Niall_Quinn
22-02-2018, 09:22 PM
We get a goal back (thanks to horrendous defending btw) and then it's straight back to bore mode.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
22-02-2018, 09:23 PM
My eyes are lying to me when I saw Monreal get beasted by pace and outmuscled and turned all the time at left back

Naughty eyes
I'd suggest they were lying to you in the very long period he's been our most consistent performer. I'd be worried....it's been some time.

AFC Leveller
22-02-2018, 09:25 PM
If we manage to let in 2 more goals and go out, will Wenger get a one year extension or a 2 year one?

When you see the other English sides completely at ease in the CL, you realize how far we have fallen.

Niall_Quinn
22-02-2018, 09:25 PM
Hold on - what?

Xhaka?

When did he come on?

WTF? The only decent thing about this match was him not playing.

Goonermerree
22-02-2018, 09:26 PM
Hold on - what?

Xhaka?

When did he come on?

WTF? The only decent thing about this match was him not playing.
AMN swapped with him at HT

Niall_Quinn
22-02-2018, 09:27 PM
AMN swapped with him at HT

Wenger made a HT sub :faint:

HCZ
22-02-2018, 09:27 PM
I'd suggest they were lying to you in the very long period he's been our most consistent performer. I'd be worried....it's been some time.

Our defence has been shit

It’s like making a Dominos Worker employee of the month because he only spits on the pizza rather than spafs his jizz into it

Goonermerree
22-02-2018, 09:30 PM
Wenger made a HT sub :faint:

I know. A bit radical.

Niall_Quinn
22-02-2018, 09:30 PM
JHC Welbz misses an absolute sitter.

Goonermerree
22-02-2018, 09:31 PM
That was pathetic by Welbz

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
22-02-2018, 09:33 PM
Our defence has been shit

It’s like making a Dominos Worker employee of the month because he only spits on the pizza rather than spafs his jizz into it
For longer than just this season.

If your pizzas are crap...take out the worst part of it first...not the part that is doing what it's supposed to.

Niall_Quinn
22-02-2018, 09:35 PM
We really have found our level. If anything, these Swedes are a more complete and efficient team. But there's little between the two.

Globalgunner
22-02-2018, 09:36 PM
We really have found our level. If anything, these Swedes are a more complete and efficient team. But there's little between the two.

they have poor p[layers boosted by a competent manager. We have the reverse

Niall_Quinn
22-02-2018, 09:36 PM
A Wenger pizza is a lump of shit smeared over a soggy old bit of cardboard and topped with anal warts.

Which bit do you keep?

Niall_Quinn
22-02-2018, 09:38 PM
they have poor p[layers boosted by a competent manager. We have the reverse

That Senna looks twice the striker Welbeck is (supposed to be).

Willock on for Wilshere. Unbelievably pointless substitution. Why not bring Eddie or Nelson?

We know why, because it might introduce a hint of interest and Wenger would fucking hate that.

Goonermerree
22-02-2018, 09:39 PM
Thought Jack had a poor game, dispossessed a lot and not making his passes

Power n Glory
22-02-2018, 09:40 PM

That sounds fair to me. Come on Ostersunds!

Niall_Quinn
22-02-2018, 09:41 PM
Thought Jack had a poor game, dispossessed a lot and not making his passes

Agreed. Still though, he was our best player on the night.

HCZ
22-02-2018, 09:42 PM
For longer than just this season.

If your pizzas are crap...take out the worst part of it first...not the part that is doing what it's supposed to.

Longer than this season?

Really??

Again by doing what he’s supposed to do. Is being caught too far forward, being routinely outmuscled, outmanuevered and outpaced on the flank that he was exposed as soon as it transpired Sanchez either wasn’t playing or couldn’t be bothered to track back.

I agree that he probably puts more effort in than the rest of the defence. But that still doesn’t make slow and average unfair

If we are lucky enough to see off Wenger, defence will have to be looked at. Kolasinac might be able to be cured of Wengeritis, Koscielny probably needs to go, Mustafi I think he needs to chance to prosper under a different manager

But Monreal? No chance I’d keep him. He’s 32 now he’s only going to get slower less able to stop crosses coming in

Goonermerree
For me, tonight has confirmed that Chambers and Holding aren't up to it.Nor Welbeck.

Niall_Quinn
Kikki is now crossing the ball like an Arsenal pro. No more of that shit he showed in his first couple of games.

Niall_Quinn
22-02-2018, 09:46 PM
80 mins gone. An absolutely pathetic performance. Again. Just nothing here. Nothing to see. Nothing to get mildly interested about. Tip, tap, tip, tap, death by tip tapping. No pace. No ambition. No inventiveness. Nothing. Fuck all. Wenger has purged every last trace of joy from our game. Now it's just a soulless grind through the motions.

WENGER OUT!

Niall_Quinn
22-02-2018, 09:46 PM
Oooh. Almost 3-1. Tbf, they have missed a couple of good chances now. And even slightly better team would have murdered us on this performance.

Goonermerree
22-02-2018, 09:47 PM
At least El Neny put in a bit of effort then and ran to get the ball.

Niall_Quinn
22-02-2018, 09:47 PM
Iwobi is the new Theo Walcott, except with less composure.

Niall_Quinn
22-02-2018, 09:48 PM
At least El Neny put in a bit of effort then and ran to get the ball.

It's in his contract to do that once a month so they can get action shots for the Junior Gunners calendar.

Niall_Quinn
22-02-2018, 09:48 PM
Willock :doh:

Niall_Quinn
22-02-2018, 09:49 PM
Iwobi with a.... ?

I wonder what that was supposed to be?

Goonermerree
22-02-2018, 09:50 PM
It's in his contract to do that once a month so they can get action shots for the Junior Gunners calendar.

To be honest, it what is required, but it has happened so little by any of our players that it stood out.

Niall_Quinn
22-02-2018, 09:53 PM
Sigh. Is it over yet?

Welbz :haha:

He's the new Iwobi, except with less accuracy.

Power n Glory
22-02-2018, 09:53 PM
:lol: Welshit!

Niall_Quinn
22-02-2018, 09:55 PM
We're time wasting :haha:

Nelson on for a whole minute.

Niall_Quinn
22-02-2018, 09:57 PM
FT 1-2

Bare minimum Wenger strikes again.

A man with ZERO pride.

GET OUT YOU ROTTEN CUNT!

Goonermerree
22-02-2018, 09:57 PM
2 one to the team that I can't spell. they deserved it.

Niall_Quinn
22-02-2018, 09:58 PM
We have as much chance of winning this cup as those Swedes.

Xhaka Can’t
22-02-2018, 09:59 PM
Is there any sight of the rocks at the bottom yet?

Niall_Quinn
22-02-2018, 10:00 PM
Is there any sight of the rocks at the bottom yet?

Wake up! We hit those 5 years ago. Just before we powered up the jack hammers and grabbed the shovels.

Keep digging!

HCZ
22-02-2018, 10:00 PM
The guy has been here 21 years and all ungrateful fans talk about how stale he is as a manager

And yet he’s charting whole new territories

Of embarrassment granted, but whole new territories all the same

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
23-02-2018, 12:20 AM
A Wenger pizza is a lump of shit smeared over a soggy old bit of cardboard and topped with anal warts.

Which bit do you keep?
You and your nuclear options hey!

Longer than this season?

Really??

Again by doing what he’s supposed to do. Is being caught too far forward, being routinely outmuscled, outmanuevered and outpaced on the flank that he was exposed as soon as it transpired Sanchez either wasn’t playing or couldn’t be bothered to track back.

I agree that he probably puts more effort in than the rest of the defence. But that still doesn’t make slow and average unfair

If we are lucky enough to see off Wenger, defence will have to be looked at. Kolasinac might be able to be cured of Wengeritis, Koscielny probably needs to go, Mustafi I think he needs to chance to prosper under a different manager

But Monreal? No chance I’d keep him. He’s 32 now he’s only going to get slower less able to stop crosses coming in

I tired of the old goat, but least you're not in charge either.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
23-02-2018, 12:22 AM
Iwobi is the new Theo Walcott, except with less composure.

If Iwobi scores 20 goals in a season I'll eat my hat...and you should be eating yours too.

Niall_Quinn
23-02-2018, 01:36 AM
If Iwobi scores 20 goals in a season I'll eat my hat...and you should be eating yours too.

From 3,922 chances, if you check the stats.

HCZ
23-02-2018, 07:38 AM

It’s not likely but stranger things have happened

Like Ramsey scoring 16 in one season