PDA

View Full Version : League cup final match reaction

Cripps
25-02-2018, 05:56 PM
Bye Wenger :wave:

Goonermerree
25-02-2018, 06:12 PM
Bit premature, Welbz or Iwobi could get a hat trick, take it to extra time.

Dial Square Old Boy
25-02-2018, 06:18 PM
Bit premature, Welbz or Iwobi could get a hat trick, take it to extra time.

No. Why lie?

Goonermerree
25-02-2018, 06:19 PM
No. Why lie?

Have you heard of the word 'sarcasm'?

Globalgunner
25-02-2018, 06:22 PM
Trust we lost and lost well.

Cripps
25-02-2018, 06:24 PM
Big summer ahead.

Players with contracts ending, players wanting out, manager not hitting KPI's again.

:popcorn:

Dial Square Old Boy
25-02-2018, 06:25 PM
Have you heard of the word 'sarcasm'?

This is beyond sarcasm. Wenger's become that stand up comedian that no-one listens to during his act, preferring to talk amongst themselves because it's more valid. He simply has to go.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-02-2018, 06:26 PM
Not even there.

Power n Glory
25-02-2018, 06:27 PM
Pathetic cup final performance from every player.

Gubby Allen
25-02-2018, 06:28 PM
That was absolutely diabolical. Did Bravo make one single save?

It was not a fair match, more like one of those finals between a Premier League and a Championship or League One team.

Player for player, each one of their 11 are better than ours.

hobson's choice
Get rid of everyone in the midfield. Bring in a LB and RB. We can't create shiit.

selassie
Pathetic cup final performance from every player.

Yep, nothing more to add.

Cripps
25-02-2018, 06:31 PM
Get rid of everyone in the midfield. Bring in a LB and RB. We can't create shiit.

Don't worry we'll get rid of the team and keep the one constant that's the problem :lol:

Cripps
25-02-2018, 06:34 PM
Thankfully it's City and not Spurs, Chelsea or Utd.

Hopefully this is the beginning of a dominating era for City :bow:

Cripps
25-02-2018, 06:35 PM
Hopefully Kane sees Walker winning a trophy and decides to do one too :pray:

Gubby Allen
25-02-2018, 06:37 PM
Aubameyang could not get a touch against Kompany, could not even outpace him. Does Ozil earn more than Aguero, DeBruyne or Silva? I have no idea what Xhaka does, the only time you see him, he is shooting miles over or knocking somebody over. Wilshere played like someone desperate to get a yellow card, to get suspended.

21_GOONER_SALUTE
25-02-2018, 06:37 PM
Honestly, how long do we need to stick with this?

I am not sure I even have the passion to have a go at the muppet who still can't defend with a flat 5??!!

How long does one need to keep pointing the bleeding obvious...AW must go and we need to get in someone who can take us back to the basics.

Every season is the same, our seasons always end around this period and honesty these ground hog days days are driving me up the wall.....

He needs to go this season, the longer we delay the rebuilding, the worse it's going to get. Any money we give him this summer would be tantamount to throwing money down the well.

He needs to go, and if he loved this club he would have thrown in the towel ages ago!!

gunnerrrrr
25-02-2018, 06:41 PM
It so obvious that our style and approach is completely outdated.

I hate to say this but when i see the way City and Spurs play, in comparison our football looks so languished and slow.

Such a shame that AW won't go or the club won't do anything about it.

The regression into obscurity will continue until we get a new culture into this club....in fact that state we are in now, it may take a few managerial changes before we find the best person for the club, however the longer Wenger stays the more delayed and more managers we will miss.

Master Splinter
25-02-2018, 06:42 PM
The ref didn't even need to cheat and give them a couple of offside goals today.

21_GOONER_SALUTE
25-02-2018, 06:48 PM
Don't worry we'll get rid of the team and keep the one constant that's the problem :lol:

I'm not sure any Arsenal fan can still think like this. Add 2 more Muppets and leave the same puppet master!

Honestly watching our defending was like torture. Seeing five grown men blocking a keeper, not knowing what the hell they were doing, running scared everytime citeh had the ball was simply beyond cringeworthy. Obviously no one knows what they are doing and it emanates from the top. If AW went to war ....... I'm not even going to go there.

No amount of money will solve our problems, we can't defend, we don't have the personnel to defend, we don't have the mentality and even the only thing we were good at ( silly possession football) is being taken away from us. All these problems emanate from one Idiot, and expecting the idiot to sort himself out after more than a decade means we must be idiots ourselves!!

Niall_Quinn
25-02-2018, 06:49 PM

Like we've done every other time? Yes, that's probably what will happen. The great con artist will live to con again.

Goonermerree
25-02-2018, 06:50 PM
It's just depressing. Bravo was trying to keep warm in his goal, how can we have sunk so low?

dostoy
25-02-2018, 06:54 PM
I am fairly happy but I would have preferred 6-0 but 8-0 would have been even better.

I did not want Wenger to win a trophy, even a pointless one.

The only way Arsenal will improve is to get rid of this fucking idiot, they have to be stripped bare and hit rock bottom and then the healing can begin with a new manager.

I would love Arsenal to lose every game from now until the end of the season and the crowd be 20,000 or less at the Emirates, then Wenger would go for certain.

I would love Antonio Conte to be the new Arsenal manager, 20 years younger than Wenger with a completely different philosophy, think how fantastic that would be.

Things are terrible but I hope they get worse this season and Wenger leaves in the summer, Its the ONLY way to get him out and the ONLY way things will improve.

Globalgunner
25-02-2018, 06:55 PM
It's just depressing. Bravo was trying to keep warm in his goal, how can we have sunk so low?

There are still lows you have to have nightmares about to imagine. Arsene knows the way there though.

Mac76
25-02-2018, 06:56 PM
Hopefully Kane sees Walker winning a trophy and decides to do one too :pray:

yes hopefully - it will certainly be the only plus out of this, unless it causes Wenger to go

Let's face it he can't blame decisions, can't blame bad luck, it was just awful from start to finish

Cripps
25-02-2018, 06:57 PM
I am fairly happy but I would have preferred 6-0 but 8-0 would have been even better.

The only way Arsenal will improve is to get rid of this fucking idiot, they have to be stripped bare and hit rock bottom and then the healing can begin with a new manager.

I would love Arsenal to lose every game from now until the end of the season and the crowd be 20,000 or less at the Emirates, then Wenger would go for certain.

I would love Antonio Conte to be the new Arsenal manager, 20 years younger than Wenger with a completely different philosophy, think how fantastic that would be.

Things are terrible but I hope they get worse this season and Wenger leaves in the summer, Its the ONLY way to get him out and the ONLY way things will improve.

:lol:

Cripps
25-02-2018, 06:59 PM
Wenger says we were unlucky because the 2nd goal was offside :lol:

Niall_Quinn

Nobody listens to that cunt any more.

Gubby Allen
At least we have saved on laundry costs, before Thursday's game.

Cripps
25-02-2018, 07:00 PM
Nobody listens to that cunt any more.

Kroenke does.

Cripps

:haha:

Gubby Allen

He is right, with the exception that it was not offside at all.

Cripps
Wenger doesn't seem one bit arsed we lost.

Niall_Quinn
25-02-2018, 07:01 PM
Kroenke does.

Nobody care what that cunt says either. Not that the cunt ever says anything. Any fool who is still shelling out to support cunts like Kroenke and Wenker deserve everything they get.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-02-2018, 07:02 PM

Looks like we shat ourselves to me.

Gubby Allen
There was not a single Arsenal player that created more goalscoring chances than Claudio Bravo today.

21_GOONER_SALUTE

Even I'm gravitating towards an Italian coach.... I just want to be able to defend again... is that so much to ask??!!!

I remember the way we praised him for changing what this club was known for, passion, grit and determination.....now we're being embarrassed every single day... be careful what you wish for, you just might get it!!!

F**k, this was really disgraceful!

Mac76
He is right, with the exception that it was not offside at all.

it was marginal but tbh i think the doubt should go with the forward in those cases, not with defenders - and managers - who're hoping a ref will let them off messing things up

Cripps
25-02-2018, 07:03 PM
Who was it that woke up at 3.30am to watch that heap of crap? :lol: :rose:

Goonermerree
25-02-2018, 07:04 PM

He also said we controlled the game first half. I want what he's on because life mjust be so much sweeter in the footballing world. I think he practices what he's going to say to Krankyh in his interfviews, he will just believe him as he knows s=== about football i mean soccer

21_GOONER_SALUTE
25-02-2018, 07:05 PM
There was not a single Arsenal player that created more goalscoring chances than Claudio Bravo today.

:lol: finally something to make me laugh.

How sad we've become.

rodders
25-02-2018, 07:06 PM
We were always going to lose but the result shows the enormous gulf there now is between the once invincibles and the rest. Wenger out Kroenke out

HCZ
25-02-2018, 07:12 PM
Even I'm gravitating towards an Italian coach.... I just want to be able to defend again... is that so much to ask??!!!

I remember the way we praised him for changing what this club was known for, passion, grit and determination.....now we're being embarrassed every single day... be careful what you wish for, you just might get it!!!

F**k, this was really disgraceful!

One or the other attack or defend would be better than what we have now

Cripps
25-02-2018, 07:13 PM
Ospina completed more passes than Ozil, Wheelchair and Ramsey today :lol:

Marc Overmars
25-02-2018, 07:14 PM
Couldn't even at least put up a fight. Proper bunch of losers.

I thought we'd get a sound beating and that exactly what happened. City are a completely different animal to us at the moment but it's still bitterly disappointing to lose a cup final.

Oh well, it's the Europa or bust.

21_GOONER_SALUTE
25-02-2018, 07:15 PM
It so obvious that our style and approach is completely outdated.

I hate to say this but when i see the way City and Spurs play, in comparison our football looks so languished and slow.

Such a shame that AW won't go or the club won't do anything about it.

The regression into obscurity will continue until we get a new culture into this club....in fact that state we are in now, it may take a few managerial changes before we find the best person for the club, however the longer Wenger stays the more delayed and more managers we will miss.

This is why the "Arsene Knows Brigade" have a lot to answer for.

It's been a lifetime since anyone could say they were proud of this club..... If he'd gone in 2007 when it was clear he'd never be able to compete in the new era in the game.... think of all the wonderful ups and downs we could have had.... right now I'm not even sure if the kind of coach that can save us still exists.

We need to go defensive and forget pretty football. I'm thinking Anceloti for experience sake... but does anyone still watch Athletico and is Simeone's team still decent at the back??

Mac76
25-02-2018, 07:16 PM
Ospina completed more passes than Ozil, Wheelchair and Ramsey today :lol:

21_GOONER_SALUTE
25-02-2018, 07:21 PM
Couldn't even at least put up a fight. Proper bunch of losers.

I thought we'd get a sound beating and that exactly what happened. City are a completely different animal to us at the moment but it's still bitterly disappointing to lose a cup final.

Oh well, it's the Europa or bust.

I don't even think Citeh played that well TBH.... which just makes today's outing more pathetic.

I wonder what Thursdays going to be like... odds are we won't make their Keeper work again... how long does this need to keep going on for?

Mac76
25-02-2018, 07:26 PM
I don't even think Citeh played that well TBH....

i think everyone except West Brom, Everton and West Ham (but only because Moyes will never win ANYTHING) could have beaten us today

Marc Overmars
25-02-2018, 07:27 PM
I don't even think Citeh played that well TBH.... which just makes today's outing more pathetic.

I wonder what Thursdays going to be like... odds are we won't make their Keeper work again... how long does this need to keep going on for?

No top side ever really has to play that well to beat us. That's the problem.

Xhaka Can’t
25-02-2018, 07:32 PM
Who was it that woke up at 3.30am to watch that heap of crap? :lol: :rose:

Not me. I both bought two packs of Pringles so I could watch this on Now TV.

Decided not to use the codes this time and have just woke up from a nice nap.

Power n Glory
25-02-2018, 07:35 PM
Collective errors, individual errors...the team is a shambles. Mustafi should be under investigation for match fixing.

Kos should be stripped of the armband. What a spineless French man.

Only a serious injury will keep Xhaka out the team and I don't usually wish harm upon players but I'll make an exception in his case. What a fraud.

Speaking of frauds, after picking up his pay rise, bonus along with extended paid holiday leave, Ozil is back practising his disappearing act. Couldn't pass for toffee today. We need to revisit this idea that he'd get more assist with a top striker up front. He doesn't create anything special.

As for Aubameyang, we've wasted our money again. He's not the sort of striker that will dig us out of a hole. We haven't replaced Sanchez. He's another striker that is heavily reliant on service. He really should have showed more urgency to get on the end of that cross needless, cowardly cross from Ozil.

But the biggest fraud of them all is Arsene Wenger. I have no words. I can't wait to see him fuck off. The joy this day will bring! I can't wait.

Cripps
25-02-2018, 07:59 PM
We've managed to turn 2 of the hottest strikers in Europe into duds.

That requires some incredible skill.

Goonermerree
25-02-2018, 08:18 PM

A lot of us knew that would happen.

Marc Overmars
25-02-2018, 08:20 PM
Ironic that Hector Bellend thinks AFTV enjoy making money off the negativity.

I’m pretty sure he doesn’t give a single fuck when he’s stinking the place out every week and taking home more money than most earn in a year.

Marc Overmars
25-02-2018, 08:26 PM
Have to say I really lost a lot respect for the team today. We know Wenker is finished but you’d hope the players would offer up some defiance.

Yes City are a much better team but we were cowardly today. Didn’t fancy it all.

Bumble
25-02-2018, 08:31 PM
I suppose the good points are that City didn't play that well so we didn't get a total spanking. But at no point did I think we would get back into the game. It was awful, at least Wilshere seemed to care.

21_GOONER_SALUTE
25-02-2018, 08:39 PM
Ironic that Hector Bellend thinks AFTV enjoy making money off the negativity.

I’m pretty sure he doesn’t give a single fuck when he’s stinking the place out every week and taking home more money than most earn in a year.

One of the reasons I hit back at those who sided with him against Robbie & Co..... no one associated with this team, including the silly manager, has the right to look down on any Arsenal fan and I mean any Arsenal fan.

Surely the days where we had to respect the views of these overpaid prima donnas are gone and performances like this only reinforce the stupidity of thinking we have anything in common with these silly players and this Mugabe-like manager!

Niall_Quinn
25-02-2018, 08:41 PM

I've said (and been laughed at by the increasingly disappearing Wengerbots) that we could sign Messi, Ronaldo and Neymar and it wouldn't make any difference. None of them would ever score again under Wenger. He's cancer to a player's career now. The players know this too. from their own mouths, they are looking to get out. All that will be left when this winds out is that utter fucking cunt Wenger, in charge of thin air but in charge nonetheless. Surveying his little fantasy landscape where up is down and getting your arse kicked is called dominating the opponent. He's a fucking retard.

Niall_Quinn
25-02-2018, 08:44 PM
I suppose the good points are that City didn't play that well so we didn't get a total spanking. But at no point did I think we would get back into the game. It was awful, at least Wilshere seemed to care.

Yep. Jack is willing at least, the last player who remembers what it is to play for Arsenal.

So Wenger gave him a pay cut. Genius. I suppose he needed the cash to pay Ozil extra for taking every other game off.

21_GOONER_SALUTE
25-02-2018, 08:44 PM

You can't defend and you've not been able to defend for the best of a decade... the only sane thing then to do is to spend over a 100 million on striking talent and play that creature called Xhaka in front of your defence :AWlogic:

selassie
25-02-2018, 09:26 PM

They didn't, I have watched a bit of City this season and at their best they are a joy to behold, they never got out of second gear today and that had nothing to do with us stifling them.

We were a mess today from the first to the last minute, we can't even pass these days and that is saying something. We literally launched long balls up to Auba hoping for the best.

I'm not going to bother watching the game on Thursday, there is literally no point.

selassie
25-02-2018, 09:32 PM
Just watched Wenger's post match comments, he's truly nuts and in complete denial IMO. What game was he watching? They controlled us from start to finish and didn't even play that well...it saddens me that Wenger can't just be honest and upfront and admit we were second best. All this unlucky offside hogwash is just nonsense and deflects away from the REAL issues.

https://www.arsenal.com/news/moments-changed-course-final

Arsene Wenger was left to rue two crucial moments in our Carabao Cup final defeat to Manchester City at Wembley.

The first was the early chance we missed when Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang was tackled just a few yards from goal, and the second was when Vincent Kompany doubled City's advantage.

"I felt we were unlucky to be 1-0 down at half time, we made a defensive mistake and missed an unbelievable chance at 0-0 so it was frustrating," the Arsenal manager told Arsenal Player.

"In these types of games, playing against a side of that calibre, to be 1-0 down is difficult. When we came out, we didn't start the second half well and were a bit unlucky because for me the second goal was 100 per cent offside and then it was difficult. We tried to come back, to change the system, but it was very difficult.

"[The second goal] was a changing point in the game and after that they were in control. They were nervous in the first half and overall I think the second goal played a big part in the final result.

"We had the chances and I am very disappointed but it made me think about playing Barcelona in Paris [in 2006] when we missed the chance in the first half. Against a team of that quality it is important to take your chances straight away."

Ralpheroo72
25-02-2018, 09:42 PM
Same common denominator whatever the year, and whatever squad there is. Wenger has destroyed Arsenal, and is being ably assisted by silent Stan the c&*t. Not annoyed anymore, as I am expecting the worst with this club.

Niall_Quinn
25-02-2018, 10:21 PM
Same common denominator whatever the year, and whatever squad there is. Wenger has destroyed Arsenal, and is being ably assisted by silent Stan the c&*t. Not annoyed anymore, as I am expecting the worst with this club.

Too many fans are now saying they can't be bothered to be angry about the situation at Arsenal any more. Music to the ears of the cunts running the club into the ground. You have to really, really not give one flying fuck about what the fans think if you manage to break through the fury barrier and into the warm embrace of sheer disinterest. Mission accomplished. They've stuck two fingers up at the fans, told us to mind our own business and promptly got on with shovelling cash into their pockets. That's Wenger's legacy now, he stole, lied, cheated and slimed his way to 9 figures all for the bargain price of one football club and the suckers who follow it through thick, thin and the harsh, devoid, barren wasteland that is Wengerworld. He'll be an eternal figure of hate by the time he's finished leeching and fucks off, and deservedly so.

Legacy? What legacy? Gone. Over a decade of taking the absolute piss used up and burned away any goodwill. You can't even thank him for the receding memories because the recurring nightmares are too fresh and vivid.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
25-02-2018, 10:43 PM
Wenger doesn't seem one bit arsed we lost.

I've thought for some time he doesn't look as arsed when we lose this season. I am convinced it is in part, due to the simmered public criticism, banners, Wenger out marches and continuous questions about unhappy fans.

Chippy
25-02-2018, 10:56 PM
[QUOTE=gunnerrrrr;4440607]It so obvious that our style and approach is completely outdated.

I hate to say this but when i see the way City and Spurs play, in comparison our football .....

Spud!

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
25-02-2018, 10:58 PM
Too many fans are now saying they can't be bothered to be angry about the situation at Arsenal any more. Music to the ears of the cunts running the club into the ground. You have to really, really not give one flying fuck about what the fans think if you manage to break through the fury barrier and into the warm embrace of sheer disinterest. Mission accomplished. They've stuck two fingers up at the fans, told us to mind our own business and promptly got on with shovelling cash into their pockets. That's Wenger's legacy now, he stole, lied, cheated and slimed his way to 9 figures all for the bargain price of one football club and the suckers who follow it through thick, thin and the harsh, devoid, barren wasteland that is Wengerworld. He'll be an eternal figure of hate by the time he's finished leeching and fucks off, and deservedly so.

Legacy? What legacy? Gone. Over a decade of taking the absolute piss used up and burned away any goodwill. You can't even thank him for the receding memories because the recurring nightmares are too fresh and vivid.

I actually wish I could pass this everlasting current phase and join the total disinterest/apathy brigade because I am stuck in the WTF, FFS, WTF, FFS state of mind every time we lose.

Cripps
25-02-2018, 11:08 PM
12 games unbeaten for AC Milan now under Gattuso, and a brilliant 2-0 win at Roma tonight...

Niall_Quinn
26-02-2018, 12:16 AM
12 games unbeaten for AC Milan now under Gattuso, and a brilliant 2-0 win at Roma tonight...

We won't even score against them, let alone beat them. Last 16 is our level and has been for some time.

Niall_Quinn
26-02-2018, 12:25 AM
I actually wish I could pass this everlasting current phase and join the total disinterest/apathy brigade because I am stuck in the WTF, FFS, WTF, FFS state of mind every time we lose.

I flit between the two, but more and more I find myself in the apathy state. Not just because of Arsenal though. Football in general is pretty shitty now. Some very unlikable people involved, the owners, managers, many of the players, the lousy pundits and the media. It's such an obvious hypefest in the face of the quality of the game dropping off a cliff. Everyone says the game has got better, the players are better, the quality is better. Absolute bullshit. Most of the players can't even do the basics these days. They are pubbers taking advantage of all the hype and the American style razzmatazz that's the modern and quite awful game. Bottom line, football is just boring now. Teams are playing for the money, not for the sport. Direct, entertaining football is almost a thing of the past.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL1KbWlu7oY

Xhaka Can’t
26-02-2018, 07:58 AM

This is it though. All that has happened. I didnÂ’t even bother watching the cup final. A fucking cup final! And i couldnÂ’t be arsed.

A mate (Adzz as) it happens) went. And before the match, instead of being jealous, I slagged him off for going. How fucked up is that?

It was Sunday afternoon, I had nothing at all to do so instead of watching a cup final that the team I have supported for over 40 years was in, I had a nap.

A nap instead of a cup final.

AFC Leveller
26-02-2018, 08:01 AM
What a shit show that was, another failure, another embarrassment and the worst thing is nothing will change, nothing will be done, Wenger wont be held accountable and the club will continue to decline

Goonermerree
26-02-2018, 08:06 AM
What a shit show that was, another failure, another embarrassment and the worst thing is nothing will change, nothing will be done, Wenger wont be held accountable and the club will continue to decline

When you have Wenger saying we were in control first half and that if Aby had scored it would have been a different story, you can see why. We had a reasonable five to ten minutes, City didn't even get out of first gear, they realised they could use this match as a breather between league and CL. It's just so depressing.

selassie
26-02-2018, 08:26 AM
When you have Wenger saying we were in control first half and that if Aby had scored it would have been a different story, you can see why. We had a reasonable five to ten minutes, City didn't even get out of first gear, they realised they could use this match as a breather between league and CL. It's just so depressing.

Wenger absolutely disgusts me. He’s the most defiant, selfish and misguided manager in world football. He’s pathetic, a shell of a man who steals a living off excuses. His post match comments were a disgrace and if he honestly believes what he said he’s deluded.

I was apathetic watching us yesterday and accepted that we were up against a superior team, Wenger’s comments just add fuel to the fire and justify my disgust of him.

Marc Overmars
26-02-2018, 08:27 AM
Apparently Bellerin is a vegan.

Explains a lot tbh.

selassie
26-02-2018, 08:41 AM

Explains a lot tbh.

Marc Overmars
26-02-2018, 09:44 AM
I've thought for some time he doesn't look as arsed when we lose this season. I am convinced it is in part, due to the simmered public criticism, banners, Wenger out marches and continuous questions about unhappy fans.

Yeah he looks like he's going through the motions now. He knows he's fucked it.

I think he may well go at the end of the season, especially if we lose to Milan. There's no way he can survive a 2 months of us being rooted in 6th, it would be the most dire end to a season we've ever had.

This Thursday will be interesting. I expect plenty of empty seats and City to cruise again.

HCZ
26-02-2018, 09:51 AM
Asked if he will be here next season, Wenger answered “who knows?”

Mac76
26-02-2018, 09:58 AM

the last time i saw any emotion from him was when we won the FA Cup Semie final against Citeh last year - he jumped up for joy and you just KNEW it wasn't to do with the club, he was thinking "that's it, i've beaten Man City and got us to the final and that's enough to have my contract renewed"

IBK
26-02-2018, 09:59 AM
My thoughts this morning?

This manager and group of players, and the lattter's previous incarnations have pretty much destroyed any enthusiasm or passion that I have for the game. Still I bothered to watch yesterday, and what I saw simply confirmed - for the thousanth time - what we have all known for years. Whatever Wenger's achievements - now well over a decade ago - let's all be honest, are ancient history. Since we moved to the Emirates, supporting Arsenal has been, overall, various degrees of disappointment and abject misery. We talk about Wenger tarnishing his legacy. What a joke. It was tarnished years ago, when he lost his drive; innovation; commitment and ability to be the best.

His players are a direct reflection of the manager. I can honestly say that I have no love or respect for any of them. not a single one. There is no one who has any passion for the club or commitment to the cause, and this has transmitted directly to the supporters. Yesterday encapsulated the feeling that we are left with. Embarassment at being aan Arsenal fan. I don't give a shit about relative league positions. What the fans of Huddersfield; Southampton; Swansea have is en element of player and manager responsibility and engagement that can still be discerned from time to time - nothwithstanding the overall strength of their teams. We don't - and we haven't had this for years. I don't blame Wenger for not winning the league since 2004. I don't blame him for lack of European success or dispute that the FA Cups have provided momentary relief from the gloom. What I blame him for is leeching the joy out of being a Gooner and taking away something that used to mean so much to me. I resent the fact that for years I have had to be apologetic about being an Arsenal fan.

Back when I used to post regularly on here - perhaps 7 or 8 years ago - I remember asking whether this was it. Whether the 'glory days' of being a big, significant club were over an whether we would look back on the early 00's in the way fans of once big, but now mediocre teams regard their heyday. Seeing our ignominious decline gathering increasing momentum, and knowing what the ownership structure of our club is, it is very, very difficuult today to have any faith that we will ever again be what we were.

Sorry for what may be regarded as over the top pessimism, but this is what Wenger and his bunch of closeted and over-indulged muppets have left me.

Letters
26-02-2018, 09:59 AM
This is it though. All that has happened. I didn’t even bother watching the cup final. A fucking cup final! And i couldn’t be arsed.

A mate (Adzz as) it happens) went. And before the match, instead of being jealous, I slagged him off for going. How fucked up is that?

It was Sunday afternoon, I had nothing at all to do so instead of watching a cup final that the team I have supported for over 40 years was in, I had a nap.

A nap instead of a cup final.

Adzz texted me after. Didn't know he was there before that, hadn't heard from him in a long time.
He was fuming. I, like you, didn't bother watching. Well, I did find a stream for a few minutes, it was just when it went from 1-0 to 2-0, soon as that happened I switched off again.
There is something in what N_Q says, but you feel how you feel and, honestly, I don't care we lost yesterday. I mean, obviously I'd rather we'd won and there is a pang of irritation that EVERY SINGLE RESULT went the wrong way at the weekend. But, basically: Meh. It's not going to spoil my week.
This is not all Wenger's fault. That really isn't me being an apologist for him, he has played his part. But there are bigger things going on in football - Sky hyping everything to ridiculous levels, the billionaires buying up trophies left, right and centre, the clear corruption going on at all levels, the obscene money being paid to all and sundry which leads to players being multi-millionaire mercenaries.
I watched "89" recently, was good to see that long being interviewed about that game and to wallow in some nostalgia.
It was different back then. I really don't think that is looking back with rose-tinted specs, it really was. Players played for the shirt, they were often local lads who understood what a North London Derby meant, understood what it meant to play for The Arsenal. This lot? We're a stepping stone. The nest big offer comes along they'll be off. Wilshere maybe "gets it", I don't think anyone else does.
It is hard to be interested in all this.

The only good thing which can come out of his apathy is fewer people going to games, revenues going down and maybe that will lead to change, but the rest of the circus which surrounds football will persist and it is increasingly difficult to care about any of it. Sad really.

Gooner23
26-02-2018, 10:00 AM
Do not underestimate his stubbornness though. I can't see him leaving of his own free will.

Wenger needs to go without doubt. However we really have some dross in this squad that need to follow him out the door. The likes of Ospina, Mustafi and Xhaka are just dreadful players and will never be good enough. Some of the youngsters I would like to see given a second chance under a new manager. Its going to be a major rebuilding job.

Mac76
26-02-2018, 10:00 AM
We won't even score against them, let alone beat them. Last 16 is our level and has been for some time.

except this is last 16 of the lower european league - so even worse

Mac76
26-02-2018, 10:11 AM
I watched "89" recently, was good to see that long being interviewed about that game and to wallow in some nostalgia.
It was different back then. I really don't think that is looking back with rose-tinted specs, it really was. Players played for the shirt, they were often local lads who understood what a North London Derby meant, understood what it meant to play for The Arsenal. This lot? We're a stepping stone. The nest big offer comes along they'll be off. Wilshere maybe "gets it", I don't think anyone else does.

we need this kid... (https://dms.licdn.com/playback/C5605AQEQ5s-p3ri9ng/f8fbf3741b044815b5cd3a91dacbce2a/feedshare-mp4_500/1479932728445-v0ch3x?e=1519729200&v=alpha&t=uCmA4V9UtAdKXSnP4sANJAgoX91tJfvNYxREBfJx0Kc)

HCZ
26-02-2018, 10:31 AM
It’s been ten years since Wenger has been an effective manager

But I find it’s only in the last two years or so that we are consistently more shit than we are decent

Arsenal would always disappoint you because of mental weakness, defensive errors etc

But the games used to be watchable at least in the main. Last two years I can think of half a dozen games I actually enjoyed watching.

Yesterday wasn’t bad because we lost to city, it was bad because City didn’t really turn up and yet won with absolute ease.

What is Mustafi doing for the first goal, he knows he’s fucked up so instead of trying to make up for it he just stands there and pretends he was fouled.

City in getting to the final were taken to penalties twice and against Bristol City had to score in injury time to win both matches. Neville bemoaned our midfielders walking, City weren’t much better because they didn’t have to be.

We’ve lost 12 games this season, how many of those games would we have avoided defeat with a different manager. Hard to say, certainly not all of them but I think at least we might have gone down fighting in most.

Niall_Quinn
26-02-2018, 10:35 AM

Explains a lot tbh.

He likes to eat nuts.

Niall_Quinn
26-02-2018, 10:36 AM
the last time i saw any emotion from him was when we won the FA Cup Semie final against Citeh last year - he jumped up for joy and you just KNEW it wasn't to do with the club, he was thinking "that's it, i've beaten Man City and got us to the final and that's enough to have my contract renewed"

Why didn't he take that gift and bow out? What a vain, arrogant, self absorbed fool.

Marc Overmars
26-02-2018, 10:43 AM
It’s been ten years since Wenger has been an effective manager

But I find it’s only in the last two years or so that we are consistently more shit than we are decent

Be careful what you wish for was the mantra back then. While comfortably being in the top 4, we showed absolutely no signs of improvement. We fucked around for so long, now we’re out in the wilderness because the others caught up and are now well over the horizon.

We’ve paid the price in full for being so accepting of a manager who showed clear signs of not being able to compete in this era. Sentiment outweighed performance for too long.

Niall_Quinn
26-02-2018, 11:01 AM
There's only one slight hope of rescuing something from this season. Wenger has to be sacked TODAY. That would give a new caretaker manager, Bould even, a remote, distant, vanishingly small chance of getting this squad prepared for the Milan match. And a result there could fire up some momentum that could carry us through to the end of the season. It's a tiny, tiny opportunity and the only one left. Nothing else bar sacking the manager TODAY could possibly have any bearing on the remainder of this awful season.

But such an option is not even flickering on long distance radar. No such thoughts will have entered the heads of those who claim to be in charge at this club. It's assumed, it's a given, some sort of fucked up, unimpeachable truth that's unique to Arsenal Football Club. The manager and his contract, chiselled into stone, endorsed by God himself and delivered from the mountain. Impossible to resist. Wenger and his fucking contract. That's ALL this club has been about for years now. Even he admits it, without a trace of shame. That stupid grin, will he be here, we will see. NO - just FUCK OFF! Fuck off, here's another 10 million quid for your pile - just fuck off!

What is the matter with the people running and ruining this club? We're like a shop that doesn't open, a train that never runs, a power station that's forever dormant. Everything is in place to mount a serious challenge, the money, the facilities, a squad of international players, the remains of a reputation, a fan base that has proved it will endure everlasting torture and still dig in pockets. What the bloody hell? What kind of a "business" is this? Funny business at best, some sort of self interested operation running under the cover of a football club. What the fuck is going on? How can a club of our supposed stature get to a state where the squad can't be motivated to turn up for a cup final? And in what fantasy land do we seriously think it will be any different in the Europa cup, that we'll somehow overcome the serious teams that lie in wait in that competition? The Europa is just one more thing that maybe, perhaps, might, could have, should have, will never in a million fucking years happen. It's pure fantasy, wishful thinking of the most extreme kind. We have zero chance of winning it with this lunatic in charge. And if the powers that be can't see this then they must be fucking crazy too.

Why hasn't he announced he's leaving? Why haven't they demanded he go? What possible reason could there be for him to stay now? We're 6th, 27 points behind the leaders and 8 points (might as well be 80 the way we're playing) behind a badly misfiring bunch of chavs. If the league was any good we'd have stronger challengers than Burnley biting at our heels. It's only because this league is mostly shit that we can hang on to that 6th place. Down is where we're heading, not up.

And yet, he has this contract. The holy contract. So despite the hopelessness of it all and the now extreme damage that is being inflicted, he stays. Regardless of results, regardless of performance, regardless of his unwillingness to change or do anything different. Two 50 million quid strikers thrown at him and he still doesn't have a clue. Tip tap, tip tap, as well you know, one day we will be Barcelona. 10 years later, tip, tap, tip tap. Any day now. Fucking lunatic.

WTF? What is this all about? What's going on?

Power n Glory
26-02-2018, 11:23 AM
My thoughts this morning?

This manager and group of players, and the lattter's previous incarnations have pretty much destroyed any enthusiasm or passion that I have for the game. Still I bothered to watch yesterday, and what I saw simply confirmed - for the thousanth time - what we have all known for years. Whatever Wenger's achievements - now well over a decade ago - let's all be honest, are ancient history. Since we moved to the Emirates, supporting Arsenal has been, overall, various degrees of disappointment and abject misery. We talk about Wenger tarnishing his legacy. What a joke. It was tarnished years ago, when he lost his drive; innovation; commitment and ability to be the best.

His players are a direct reflection of the manager. I can honestly say that I have no love or respect for any of them. not a single one. There is no one who has any passion for the club or commitment to the cause, and this has transmitted directly to the supporters. Yesterday encapsulated the feeling that we are left with. Embarassment at being aan Arsenal fan. I don't give a shit about relative league positions. What the fans of Huddersfield; Southampton; Swansea have is en element of player and manager responsibility and engagement that can still be discerned from time to time - nothwithstanding the overall strength of their teams. We don't - and we haven't had this for years. I don't blame Wenger for not winning the league since 2004. I don't blame him for lack of European success or dispute that the FA Cups have provided momentary relief from the gloom. What I blame him for is leeching the joy out of being a Gooner and taking away something that used to mean so much to me. I resent the fact that for years I have had to be apologetic about being an Arsenal fan.

Back when I used to post regularly on here - perhaps 7 or 8 years ago - I remember asking whether this was it. Whether the 'glory days' of being a big, significant club were over an whether we would look back on the early 00's in the way fans of once big, but now mediocre teams regard their heyday. Seeing our ignominious decline gathering increasing momentum, and knowing what the ownership structure of our club is, it is very, very difficuult today to have any faith that we will ever again be what we were.

Sorry for what may be regarded as over the top pessimism, but this is what Wenger and his bunch of closeted and over-indulged muppets have left me.

8 – 9 years since being a regular poster!? Good to see you post again, but not under these circumstances. We’re in a terrible state and your post sums it up. The fans have been robbed and the passion has been sucked away. People are disengaging.

IBK
26-02-2018, 11:27 AM
8 – 9 years since being a regular poster!? Good to see you post again, but not under these circumstances. We’re in a terrible state and your post sums it up. The fans have been robbed and the passion has been sucked away. People are disengaging.

its been 3/4 years for me...7/8 since I posed the question. I come on here from time to time, but the issue for me is that our groundhog day situation means that its almost impossible to fine anything new to say about our situation. Players come in, others leave, but the truth is that we have been treading water for 10 years now, and the only change over the past couple of seasons is that FA Cups aside we are now sinking with increasing rapidity. Bad times :(

Niall_Quinn
26-02-2018, 11:41 AM
its been 3/4 years for me...7/8 since I posed the question. I come on here from time to time, but the issue for me is that our groundhog day situation means that its almost impossible to fine anything new to say about our situation. Players come in, others leave, but the truth is that we have been treading water for 10 years now, and the only change over the past couple of seasons is that FA Cups aside we are now sinking with increasing rapidity. Bad times :(

On the plus side, the owners, manager and players are all doing very well financially. So it's not all doom and gloom. Some of us questionably "real" fans (according to Hector) remember a time when diehards like Sammy Nelson earned a few hundred a week for slogging through mud and spilling blood. If you didn't fight for the shirt you were back working in Fords come Monday. Clubs owned your arse and agents only appeared in Bond movies. Hector's probably too busy putting up with poxy fans and managing all that money they throw at him to put in a Nelson style shift.

Niall_Quinn
26-02-2018, 11:45 AM
Hector! Read this:

When Kevin Keegan joined Liverpool from Scunthorpe in May 1971, Bill Shankly’s first wage offer was £45 per week. In his 1977 autobiography, Keegan recalled: ‘I wanted to sign there and then but remembered that my father had told me not to sell myself cheap.’ Keegan told Shankly he expected more than £45. Shankly replied: ‘That’s upsetting. Don’t forget, young man, we’re paying £33,000 for you.’ Keegan’s basic wage at Scunthorpe, in the old Fourth Division, had been £30 a week, with £8 win bonus and £4 draw bonus. Keegan and Shankly eventually settled on a starting wage of £50 a week at Liverpool. Regular first-team football, appearance money and win bonuses added £80 a week to that basic figure, for £130 a week for one of England’s best players at one of its biggest clubs.

Btw, £130 in today's dosh, adjusted for inflation, is £1,800. So happy days Hector!

Özim
26-02-2018, 11:54 AM
No real surprise at the result today, despite some Arsenal fans being deluded and thinking we can beat City, it was never going to happen, very different animal to last season to be honest, they're a much better side and more importantly league ahead of us, just look at the difference in points in the league.

We got outclassed, just like 2nd tier teams are usually outclassed by top teams, sad thing is they didn't even need to get out of 2nd gear, it was a stroll in the park for them, a Sunday afternoon park.

The chickens are finally coming home to roost, Wengers' luck has at last run out, no more relying on those lucky breaks to save his season, it's been coming for years to be honest, but time and time again he been given a 2nd chance, a manager who is average on every level is being shown up for what he is.

As for the team, where do we start, probably the most overrated team in football, lacks quality in so many areas, goalkeeper, defence, midfield all lacking, youth setup is dreadful with no decent players coming through on top of that, despite years big investment.

Club is a mess from top to bottom, this could have easily been avoided if we'd waved goodbye to Wenger years ago, sadly he's had blind support for so long which has helped keep him in the job, in the end this is what it has come to, a shell of the great club it once was, Wenger will be remembered for being the man who turned this club into the horrible thing it is today, what a great legacy!

Letters
26-02-2018, 12:09 PM
On the plus side, the owners, manager and players are all doing very well financially. So it's not all doom and gloom. Some of us questionably "real" fans (according to Hector) remember a time when diehards like Sammy Nelson earned a few hundred a week for slogging through mud and spilling blood. If you didn't fight for the shirt you were back working in Fords come Monday. Clubs owned your arse and agents only appeared in Bond movies. Hector's probably too busy putting up with poxy fans and managing all that money they throw at him to put in a Nelson style shift.

NQ and Letters in "Agreeing about something" shock exclusive. This is the trouble with giving players too much, too young. Where's the incentive? There's no consequence if we don't win, couple of years in the game and they're set for life. It's a problem in society generally, it's all about instant success - X Factor et al. No-one feels they have to work at anything any more.
I'm generalising and exaggerating somewhat but it is a problem and is part of what has ruined football.

Niall_Quinn
26-02-2018, 12:24 PM
NQ and Letters in "Agreeing about something" shock exclusive. This is the trouble with giving players too much, too young. Where's the incentive? There's no consequence if we don't win, couple of years in the game and they're set for life. It's a problem in society generally, it's all about instant success - X Factor et al. No-one feels they have to work at anything any more.
I'm generalising and exaggerating somewhat but it is a problem and is part of what has ruined football.

They're overworked. They need a winter break like Ozil has. And more money. They always need more money.

IBK
26-02-2018, 12:28 PM

It also has to be about OUR manager though. We have all commented on how Wenger seems to lack ruthlessness with our underperforming players, and our team's performances in games like yesterday (and countless others - most recently the Europa league game last Thursday) demonstrate that he appears to be incapable of incentivising them consistently. There is also an element of our players appearing not to believe in his methods anymore. While Citeh didn't have to move through the gears, Guardiola doesn't seem to have that problem with his high earning playes. With all teams there will be the odd match where players don't perform, but Arsenal seem to have cornered the market for consistent lack of focus and desire.

LDG
26-02-2018, 12:28 PM

Money is a problem, but I don't think its all down to that. It's about motivation. Doesn't matter how much money you have, if you're a professional footballer, it's usually because you were the best or one of the best at it in your club, town, region....country.

In order to be the best, you need to work hard. Some notable exceptions like Matt LeTissier, maybe, but in the most part, a degree of effort is required. And effort comes from motivation. The motivation at Chelsea last year, and Man City this, is to win trophies.

The motivation at Arsenal is non-existent, because the priorities and standards set by the board, and implemented by the manager aren't about being the best. They are about being nearly there.

Of course, you need somebody managing the side who has a fucking clue about how to set up a team tactically, but you need to motivate them too. Money isn't a motivator, as they already have enough of it. So what does that leave you with? Ego. Fucking make them want to flaunt their medals, league titles. Make them have fans adore them, sing their name etc.

Anyway, societies problems (in this respect) stem from people thinking they deserve something without having to work for it. Professional footballers have already put the effort in to attain the wage (whether it's disgusting paying someone that much or not). We just have no fucker telling them how to respect the game, respect the supporters, respect themselves.

Letters
26-02-2018, 12:46 PM
I don't think Wenger not being a good motivator is new news.
Our best teams under him had a strong captain on the pitch to do that, Adams then Vieira.
We haven't really had a proper captain since.

LDG
26-02-2018, 12:51 PM
I don't think Wenger not being a good motivator is new news.
Our best teams under him had a strong captain on the pitch to do that, Adams then Vieira.
We haven't really had a proper captain since.

Well having loads of money isn't new either.

Our best teams under Wenger weren't exactly strapped for cash.

Letters
26-02-2018, 12:55 PM
True. It was part of my general lament about the modern game.
But we've always needed a strong captain as Wenger has never been good at that.
We haven't had one for years.

Goonermerree
26-02-2018, 01:03 PM
I don't think Wenger wants a good captain, he likes 'yes' men. I think that's why he pays them so much, get the bribe loyalty, do bare minimum. The ones who leave are the motivated reasonably good ones who can get into a better team, the hangers on know which side their bread is buttered, they won't get in a better team and they wouldn't get anywhere near as much money, so they stay.

Bumble
26-02-2018, 01:19 PM
surprised it hasn't been mentioned that the short turn around from playing Thursday in north London, and therefore only couple of days rest between games affected the result. City haven't played since Monday. Unbelievable, also the fact we played sunday will affect the performance on Thursday.

Power n Glory
26-02-2018, 01:32 PM
Well having loads of money isn't new either.

Our best teams under Wenger weren't exactly strapped for cash.

It's not as if Man City pay their players peanuts either. Sane is 22 years old £90k a week. Kevin de Bruyne earns £350k a week. The money doesn't stop them from playing their best. Aaron Ramsey wants £170k a week and Ozil is on £350k.

Spot the difference in performance yesterday and over the season!

Marc Overmars
26-02-2018, 01:38 PM
It doesn't matter what the players earn, if you have a shite manager you can't expect to see something exciting and cohesive on the pitch.

IBK
26-02-2018, 01:40 PM
I don't think Wenger wants a good captain, he likes 'yes' men. I think that's why he pays them so much, get the bribe loyalty, do bare minimum. The ones who leave are the motivated reasonably good ones who can get into a better team, the hangers on know which side their bread is buttered, they won't get in a better team and they wouldn't get anywhere near as much money, so they stay.

A good point, and one that needs to be looked at in terms of the stagnation that we have seen under AW. It is a common occurrence that as people get older, they become more inflexible. Add to the mix with Arsenal the sheer length of time he has been in charge and the unparalleled influence that he has, and you court disaster. Wenger doesn't want proper leaders on the pitch. His choice of players, and what happens to 'independent' minded ones demonstrates that he does not want his methods to be questioned. It has been stated that AW likes his players to express themselves on the pitch - so it seems ironic that this doesn't extend to taking responsibility for the conduct of a gameplan. It's interesting that the 'leaders' who are often mentioned - Adams; Vieira; Campbell - even Henry - do not form meaningful associations with the Club after they leave.

Ferguson always had assistants with real influence both off and on the pitch (ie leaders) - and this was important during his latter years at Manure. What has happened at Arsenal is that Wenger's stubbornness and inflexibility have remained unchallenged, and we are left with a team that seems powerless to take responsibility themselves. It works for Mourinho because his players still have belief in his methods, but at Arsenal we are left with glaring deficiencies that the manager can't or won't address and that the players cannot compensate for - while at the same time they can see that things aren't working and appear demotivated as a result.

Cripps
26-02-2018, 01:41 PM
Lost all respect for Bould. Wrighty says he isn't being allowed to coach the defence and if that's the case then have some self respect and step down.

Shows how far we've fallen fans aren't even angry anymore, just resigned. And it says a lot that players can't even get up for a cup final, that's how much Wenger has eroded any desire.

Niall_Quinn
26-02-2018, 01:56 PM
It's not as if Man City pay their players peanuts either. Sane is 22 years old £90k a week. Kevin de Bruyne earns £350k a week. The money doesn't stop them from playing their best. Aaron Ramsey wants £170k a week and Ozil is on £350k.

Spot the difference in performance yesterday and over the season!

The gypos will drop 50 mill on a playa and if he doesn't perform they have no problem benching or selling him. Our non-performers can persist for years and if they become one of Wenger's favourites their name is stamped on the team sheet. It seems to be more about having a cozy environment at our place. The only way a player will get forced out is of he upsets that comfortable space. Like RvP or Alexis who had the nerve to ask if we had any plans to challenge for something and, if so, what the fuck were they? Then there's the players who want to leave and Wenger actually helps them, not because it's good for the club but because it's good for the player.

He's their dad, not their manager. Arsenal is their safe space.

Özim
26-02-2018, 02:44 PM
He's their dad, not their manager. Arsenal is their safe space.

Millionaire Dad, because he's living a life of leisure where he can do whatever he likes when he likes he just wants the same for his kids, is it so bad? He's just being a good Dad, don't know why everyone gets on his back about it, any Dad would do the same.

Niall_Quinn
26-02-2018, 03:02 PM
Millionaire Dad, because he's living a life of leisure where he can do whatever he likes when he likes he just wants the same for his kids, is it so bad? He's just being a good Dad, don't know why everyone gets on his back about it, any Dad would do the same.

They'll grow up spoiled. Mark my words.

Cripps
26-02-2018, 03:57 PM
https://twitter.com/ElNennyM/status/968149640850919429

That's class.

Power n Glory
26-02-2018, 04:09 PM

That's class.

Poor bastard will be brought to tears again.

Marc Overmars
26-02-2018, 04:18 PM
Always wondered why TV cameras feel the need to highlight crying kids. A grown adult sure but a kid, I’m not sure what’s funny about that.

Power n Glory
26-02-2018, 04:28 PM
Always wondered why TV cameras feel the need to highlight crying kids. A grown adult sure but a kid, I’m not sure what’s funny about that.

It's not even supposed to be funny. If you've seen that episode of The Simpsons where 'little Timmy' fell down the well, that's the sort of bullshit they're playing off. Vultures trying to squeeze whatever sentimental value is left in the game. Totally artificial.

Niall_Quinn
26-02-2018, 04:47 PM

That's class.

Most of them are avoiding Twatter today. Nothing from El Hector. Doesn't even pop on briefly to call the fans cunts.

HCZ
26-02-2018, 04:58 PM

It’s no dead dog

Marc Overmars
26-02-2018, 05:19 PM
Most of them are avoiding Twatter today. Nothing from El Hector. Doesn't even pop on briefly to call the fans cunts.

Just as well. The usual insincere nonsense about sticking together and fighting would go down like a lead balloon.

Globalgunner
26-02-2018, 05:40 PM
Poor Wenger, his little world is crashing down about his ears. His scam was working for so long, be the worst of the best 2 , then the worst of the best 4. Now the Spuds went and got game. Pool discovered German efficiency. Sadly being the 6th corner of a rectangle is not bringing the CL delights anymore. Right now he is not even thinking"How do I fix this". He is saying to himself. How can I see out this contract and get a new one next year. Thats all he cares about. He cant fix it because he doesnt know even where to start. Changing things would be like removing 1 of his 4 significant appendages.

Firing his present background of incompetents, dumping the sycophantic weaklings like Koscielny and Ramsey cutting his lame coterie of inept midfielders. Letting Bould train them in defence. Basically admitting that he has failed before the whole world. He will never do it. Death before dishonour. He will soldier on next year hoping that 2 of the other 5 have a calamitous season. Kane leaves the Spuds, Salah suffers a cruciate. Chelsea fall into turmoil, Pogba goes on strile. That was always his get out of jail card over the last 12 years. Now no one is fucking up except him.

Someone needs to put him out of his misery, but who?. Certainly none of those no votes, no shares, no influence toadies that constitute the board. Kroenke Jnr is around now. A very opportune timing. If we get pulverised on Thursday again and Milan take us to school in the Europa. that should be enough. But this is Arsenal, a surreal world of altered realities.

Its a state of affairs that has been long in the making and not unexpected by a few of us. Being a great manager is a talent quite unlike any other. You dont go to school for it and even if you do well in school. It guarantees nothing. Wenger was never a great manager. He screwed up everywhere he went before showing up here. He found a great mix of players and he gave them his usual laisezz-faire "run with it" management style. Fortunately, they were a great mix of players, Style steel and iron will. It tooks Fergusons Olympian mendacity to overcome them. Wenger could never add that 10% that would have made them utterly dominant at home and abroad.

Instead of him realising what truly made that era special, he decided, it was probably him. He scrapped that team and went with his own gut, made teams in his own image and even now cant accept he was the anchor dragging the club back rather than the Nitrous Oxide that made it go special.

AFC Leveller
26-02-2018, 05:58 PM
Hard to put into words my emotions about yesterday. City are a good team and deserved to win yesterday. Alot of people have had thier say on us and we have to accept cristism when we loose. That being said i can't accept some of the decisions that went against us yesterday. What ever you say about the first goal, its a foul. The second goal is offside. There should have been a second yellow in the first half. Yes this happens in football but its still hard to accept. And people will say we are looking for excuses but these are facts. Anyway we need to respond, starting on thursday. Thanks to all the gooners for your support and trust me we feel the same but we need to stick together ��

Jack on Facebook.

Gooner23
26-02-2018, 06:04 PM
He's been Wengerised. The first goal was just rank bad defending. The second would have been a harsh offside as Sane doesn't block the line of sight or play at the ball. They could have had Fernandinho sent off and still strolled it.

Marc Overmars
26-02-2018, 06:07 PM
Hard to put into words my emotions about yesterday. City are a good team and deserved to win yesterday. Alot of people have had thier say on us and we have to accept cristism when we loose. That being said i can't accept some of the decisions that went against us yesterday. What ever you say about the first goal, its a foul. The second goal is offside. There should have been a second yellow in the first half. Yes this happens in football but its still hard to accept. And people will say we are looking for excuses but these are facts. Anyway we need to respond, starting on thursday. Thanks to all the gooners for your support and trust me we feel the same but we need to stick together ��

Jack on Facebook.

I'd love to have a conversation face to face with these types. I'm not sure if they are legit or just trolling for the sake of it because I've never spoken to someone in real life who's that blinded by what's going on, I only see them on social media.

Marc Overmars
26-02-2018, 06:18 PM
Wait, fucking hell that's Wilshere!

I thought it was just some random fan called Jack.

Christ. :haha:

Has he been hacked?

Goonermerree
26-02-2018, 06:30 PM

Has he been hacked?

Niall_Quinn
26-02-2018, 06:35 PM
He's been Wengerised. The first goal was just rank bad defending. The second would have been a harsh offside as Sane doesn't block the line of sight or play at the ball. They could have had Fernandinho sent off and still strolled it.

There's a pattern developing of players coming our after each calamity and parroting Wenget's talking points. Either they feel sorry for him or they've been ordered to do it. Either way, it's all very pathetic.

Power n Glory
26-02-2018, 06:41 PM

Has he been hacked?

Unbelievable, right? :lol:

HCZ
26-02-2018, 06:50 PM

Listened to the Arseblog podcast earlier

Summed it up for me when he said that you’d be pissed off if Arsenal had scored either of those goals and they’d been ruled out. Nothing wrong with either goal apart from shit defending on our part.

HCZ
26-02-2018, 06:52 PM
There's a pattern developing of players coming our after each calamity and parroting Wenget's talking points. Either they feel sorry for him or they've been ordered to do it. Either way, it's all very pathetic.

Or they don’t want to have to work for the obscene money they “earn”

Protecting Wenger means the easy life for them

Cripps
26-02-2018, 07:34 PM

Bellendrin will probably pop up at some gay fashion event this week.

Cripps
26-02-2018, 07:35 PM

Jack on Facebook.

Is he taking the piss? :lol:

Özim
26-02-2018, 07:38 PM
To be honest, had enough of the Wilshere love in recently, the guy had a handful of decent games but recently when we've needed him (arguably the most) he's gone missing, the guy is out of contract in the summer with no sign of him signing on, which considering we've had to put up with his constant injuries and off the field antics is a bit of a joke.

People have been harping on about making him captain based on a handful of games, prior to this the guy could barely put 5 matches together without getting injured.

For me he's just as bad as anyone else, ineffective, lets not forget he's 26 now and has been in and around the 1st team for years. His comments highlight the problem at Arsenal, delusion seems to be a common problem, this we were unlucky and gave it our best shot attitude is pathetic, we lost because we were outplayed and had no hunger, decisions were spot on, to claim otherwise is ridiculous.

Cripps
26-02-2018, 07:44 PM
To be honest, had enough of the Wilshere love in recently, the guy had a handful of decent games but recently when we've needed him (arguably the most) he's gone missing, the guy is out of contract in the summer with no sign of him signing on, which considering we've had to put up with his constant injuries and off the field antics is a bit of a joke.

People have been harping on about making him captain based on a handful of games, prior to this the guy could barely put 5 matches together without getting injured.

For me he's just as bad as anyone else, ineffective, lets not forget he's 26 now and has been in and around the 1st team for years. His comments highlight the problem at Arsenal, delusion seems to be a common problem, this we were unlucky and gave it our best shot attitude is pathetic, we lost because we were outplayed and had no hunger, decisions were spot on, to claim otherwise is ridiculous.

Thing is he's the only one that looked like he was arsed. I like his desire and fight. We don't have enough players with that at the club.

I can absolutely also see why he's despised by others. He moans, whinges, draws in fouls, falls to the floor :lol: If I was supporting another team I would loathe him :lol:

An incentive based contract isn't a bad idea. He along with many others would improve tremendously under a proper manager. If a new guy comes in soonish he might be an asset.

McNamara That Ghost...
26-02-2018, 07:49 PM
Didn't Bellerin say we were going to do it for Wenger?

If that performance was an indicator of how they feel about him I can only assume they hate him more than NQ.

I'm still incredibly pissed off.

People can't even be bothered taking the piss at work now.

Power n Glory
26-02-2018, 08:04 PM
Didn't Bellerin say we were going to do it for Wenger?

If that performance was an indicator of how they feel about him I can only assume they hate him more than NQ.

I'm still incredibly pissed off.

People can't even be bothered taking the piss at work now.

:lol: Nobody at work even mentioned the game at work today.

AFC Leveller
26-02-2018, 08:05 PM
I hope his account was hacked though because those words are embarrassing, he can’t honestly feel and say that’s surely ?!?

Goonermerree
26-02-2018, 08:24 PM
Ian Wright, Wright, Wright having a go at our players, saying they're on easy street. He's right. Said he wants players brought in who can excite us again.

Cripps
26-02-2018, 08:34 PM
We've had plenty of players that excite us. We signed 2 beast strikers in the previous 2 windows for example. But there's no point under this dinosaur.

Marc Overmars
26-02-2018, 08:35 PM

No one has taken the piss out of me for a long time. Arsenal are too much of a parody now.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
26-02-2018, 09:07 PM
You lot have jobs? :d

Wilshere has outdone himself this time....but he is often on the overly sympathetic side to the team publicly I think. Privately I hope he is a little different, but what does it matter with the manager in place anyway.

Even if we beat City and beat them well it would almost be completely and utterly pointless.

Xhaka Can’t
26-02-2018, 09:18 PM

Same here.

Not a word.

KSE Comedy Club
27-02-2018, 09:43 AM
Urgh :sick:

:sulk:

Özim
27-02-2018, 01:06 PM
Wenger was whingeing about overtime in the post match interview, saying that he asked the official why he didn't play more and was aked why did he want more?

Makes me laugh, we were 3-0 down, best thing was to get off the pitch and end this embarrassment and the guy is more worried about a couple minutes at the end of the match than the match itself, he didn't seem too disappointed in the interview either!

KSE Comedy Club
27-02-2018, 01:59 PM
He is trotting out his usual bullshit blaming everything he can for the complete failure.

It's boring and tiresome. He hasn't got a leg to stand on after this game - everything he has complained about he is just plain wrong.
He is an embarrassment.

Someone please, just kill the fucker!

Mac76
27-02-2018, 02:23 PM
It's not even supposed to be funny. If you've seen that episode of The Simpsons where 'little Timmy' fell down the well, that's the sort of bullshit they're playing off. Vultures trying to squeeze whatever sentimental value is left in the game. Totally artificial.

that was a real low point even for Sky

Mac76
27-02-2018, 02:26 PM
I hope his account was hacked though because those words are embarrassing, he can’t honestly feel and say that’s surely ?!?

he can't spell 'lose' either... you'd have thought they'd read the word enough times by now to know it only has one 'o'...

Niall_Quinn
27-02-2018, 02:27 PM
Oh come on - the Spud kid crying was hilarious for years. But we're laughing on the other side of our shoe now, I suppose.

AFC Leveller
27-02-2018, 03:12 PM
https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/28168408_2075173402719988_56281395145527390_n.jpg? oh=a09351d03b4ea3e2b04faefa81c8b44f&oe=5B44D028

Letters
27-02-2018, 03:17 PM
Oh come on - the Spud kid crying was hilarious for years.
Oh yes, that was hilarious. Crying Spurs fans :haha:

But we're laughing on the other side of our shoe now, I suppose.

No ides what that means.

HCZ
27-02-2018, 03:17 PM
I hope the parents of that kid have the match recorded on Sky +

Every time he refuses to clean his room, every time he doesn’t want to eat his vegetables, do his homework, clear the snow off the driveway

“We will show your friends you crying like a little girl”