PDA

View Full Version : Wenger's future, possible extension and possible... departure?

Pages : [1] 2

Cripps
27-02-2018, 11:10 PM
We don't really have a thread for Wenger's future, things just get bunged into the random thread. His contract is running out and there's whispers of him potentially leaving, attention will naturally turn to discussing his future and possible replacements.

Layth just posted this exclusive:

EXCLUSIVE: Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger threatens underperforming players with ultimatum: Achieve top four or it's 'all change in the summer'. Read my @islingtongztte piece https://t.co/yjKwUdGmsk

Islington Gazette reporting Wenger had a meeting with the board yesterday. Does change mean changing the players or change in management?

If the latter then Ivan :bow:

Niall_Quinn
27-02-2018, 11:28 PM
We have my thread, Wenger the Cunty Cunt of a Cunt Updates. Can't we use that?

Niall_Quinn
27-02-2018, 11:29 PM
We don't really have a thread for Wenger's future, things just get bunged into the random thread. His contract is running out and there's whispers of him potentially leaving, attention will naturally turn to discussing his future and possible replacements.

EXCLUSIVE: Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger threatens underperforming players with ultimatum: Achieve top four or it's 'all change in the summer'. Read my @islingtongztte piece https://t.co/yjKwUdGmsk

Islington Gazette reporting Wenger had a meeting with the board yesterday. Does change mean changing the players or change in management?

Exclusive: Wenger in, "Fuck, I might be out on my arse this time. I think I'll try to lay it all on the players because I'm a deluded shit who can never take responsibility", shocker!

Marc Overmars
27-02-2018, 11:36 PM
Threatening them with change. :lol:

That’s one way to ensure we won’t be in the CL. The players are probably delighted to hear that.

Cripps
28-02-2018, 12:02 AM
At this stage last season he changed the formation to inspire one last push and glory. What can he do this time?

Also on a separate note someone mentioned Unai Emery will probably be available in the summer... :shrug:

Özim
28-02-2018, 08:29 AM
Left it a bit late hasn't he, we literally have no chance of top 4, we'd need a numberof teams to lose several games for a start which isn't in our control.

Cripps
28-02-2018, 09:26 AM
Wenger on his future: "I turned the whole world down to respect my contracts so I am amazed that I still have to answer these type of questions."

:rose:

HCZ
28-02-2018, 09:32 AM
Hard to know whether he’s being obtuse or whether he’s being arrogant

No one is asking you if you’re going to walk away we know you won’t, we are asking if you are going to be sacked

You’re not a king who rules by divine right being asked to abdicate, you’re an employee who serves at the pleasure of the club

Özim
28-02-2018, 09:35 AM
Wenger on his future: "I turned the whole world down to respect my contracts so I am amazed that I still have to answer these type of questions."

I wish he hadn't! If you put the almost signed players and the all the best football clubs in the world he's turned down that would be quite some list.

I think he's amazed anyone would dare question him, in his eyes he built Arsenal, makes me laugh he would laud his European record when he'd qualified for the CL for x amount of years when in all that time he'd never actually won a trophy in Europe and only got to one CL final (and one UEFA Cup final to be fair).

Niall_Quinn
28-02-2018, 10:00 AM
Hitler did this in his bunker during the final days, didn't he? Started screaming at his generals and replacing them with those who would agree to send imaginary armies to crush the advancing allies. But it was all too little, too late and too mentally fucked up.

Somebody needs to do the video. The Rise and Fall of Wenger.

Cripps
:lol:

Cripps
Asked Arsene Wenger about his future at pre-match news conference: “My position is the last worry I have at the moment. I don’t ask you if your position is reviewed at the end of the season.” #AFC #SSN

Marc Overmars
28-02-2018, 10:06 AM
He's cracking up.

Niall_Quinn
28-02-2018, 10:07 AM
I don't understand how people think they have the right to question his performance. Don't they know he has a contract?

Cripps
28-02-2018, 10:10 AM
Why do you look at me?

HCZ
28-02-2018, 10:11 AM
In fairness, he might not have to concern himself with tomorrow’s game. I am not convinced it will even go ahead

Özim
28-02-2018, 10:12 AM
I'm not convinced he'll be gone in the summer, the club would have to push him out as he won't leave of his own accord, IMO he'll think he can win the title next season and will want to carry on, he doesn't care what other people think, plus the 8 million a year and the fact he never breaks contracts and has nothing else in his life will just add to that.

From what I can tell he's doesn't look too concerned after defeats, in the post match interview he seemed quite chirpy, he's doesn't seem to have noticed our season has been a disaster, when asked if we'll focus on the EL now, he just said we're focussing on winning the next game, I reckon he still thinks top 4 is on and will continue to prioritise that over the EL.

Cripps
28-02-2018, 10:21 AM
I'm not convinced he'll be gone in the summer, the club would have to push him out as he won't leave of his own accord, IMO he'll think he can win the title next season and will want to carry on, he doesn't care what other people think, plus the 8 million a year and the fact he never breaks contracts and has nothing else in his life will just add to that.

From what I can tell he's doesn't look too concerned after defeats, in the post match interview he seemed quite chirpy, he's doesn't seem to have noticed our season has been a disaster, when asked if we'll focus on the EL now, he just said we're focussing on winning the next game, I reckon he still thinks top 4 is on and will continue to prioritise that over the EL.

Agreed

It'll take someone to push him and the final decision rests with Kroenke anyway, who loves him.

Thierrymon
28-02-2018, 10:22 AM
We mustn't forget that he has turned down offers from all of the top clubs to stay with us. He hasn't mentioned that in a few weeks.

HCZ
28-02-2018, 10:34 AM
The issue is not whether he will walk away, of course that will never happen

It’s a case of whether the club will get rid of him. Kroenke likes and admires Wenger but that won’t save him, the American may be a cunt who only cares about money but he’s not stupid.

It will be decided on what happens in games between now and the end of the season. We have lost 50% of our games in 2018 and Wengers petulant response is more “I don’t want to talk about this”

There’s no guarantee he will be

Niall_Quinn
28-02-2018, 10:53 AM
Why do you look at me?

Because you are so ungrateful. And you are a fan, which makes you shit by default.

Niall_Quinn
28-02-2018, 10:55 AM
We mustn't forget that he has turned down offers from all of the top clubs to stay with us. He hasn't mentioned that in a few weeks.

WRONG! As usual. He mentioned it today. And yesterday. And if you ring the club and you are put on hold he mentions it repeatedly on the holding message.

So get your fact right and be careful what you wish for.

And try to make several thousand more substitutions before having an opinion.

Niall_Quinn
28-02-2018, 10:56 AM
The issue is not whether he will walk away, of course that will never happen

It’s a case of whether the club will get rid of him. Kroenke likes and admires Wenger but that won’t save him, the American may be a cunt who only cares about money but he’s not stupid.

It will be decided on what happens in games between now and the end of the season. We have lost 50% of our games in 2018 and Wengers petulant response is more “I don’t want to talk about this”

There’s no guarantee he will be

We'll go on a run.

HCZ
28-02-2018, 10:58 AM
We'll go on a run.

Will we? Not so sure. As each season passes I think the team has shown less and less ability to do that

His management here is entropic

Niall_Quinn
28-02-2018, 11:05 AM

He's totally delusional, in his own little world where even to question him is inexplicable. Why would anyone dare question him when they look at the club and see the stadium and 20 years of CL football and the training facilities and the big money in the bank and all of it? He doesn't get you then have to DO SOMETHING with all those resources. That bit doesn't register with him AT ALL. He thinks if he keeps making Arsenal this unassailable, self sustaining, money machine he's actually achieved something wonderful. Yes, winning would be the icing on the cake but look at the culture, the spirit, the tradition, the togetherness and all that jazz. How is this not a utopia? Why do the plebs moan so? Will nothing ever satisfy the ungrateful cunts? It's because of the poxy fans there's unrest in the kingdom, otherwise everything is perfection itself. Why can't the stupid fans see it? What's the big deal about winning every match? Why are they always banging on about that shit when there is so much else to be happy with?

Wenger forgot what sport is about. And nobody can tell him or help him recapture what he's lost. Trying to explain to Wenger why you don't back off when you are 4-0 up, or why you don't sub a striker who's going for a hattrick, or why the odd ball over the top even if it results in a loss of possession isn't a crime is a waste of time. He doesn't and can't see it. It's like explaining Pythagoras to a dog. The dog will wag it's tail but it won't calculate the hypotenuse for you. Dog's don't do that. It's beyond all comprehension for them. Like winning is with Wenger.

Niall_Quinn
28-02-2018, 11:05 AM
Will we? Not so sure. As each season passes I think the team has shown less and less ability to do that

We'll go on a mini-run then. A fun run (without the fun).

Marc Overmars
28-02-2018, 11:10 AM
3 wins in a row is the most we've put together this season and that's only happened once which was back in November. The likelihood of us going on any kind of run is pretty bleak, this season is all but dead in the water and frankly I would be shocked if we managed to raise ourselves for Milan.

IBK
28-02-2018, 11:13 AM

This. I'm afraid that we are looking at a situation where the manager simply seems to have no rational objectivity about his situation. I get that a manager cannot be governed by certain opinions in the press, but this is different - it has been obvious for years that Wenger is losing both his touch and his grip on the reality of his job - and he seems to think that he should be given the right to persist with a failing approach without consequence. The players' mentality follows the manager's. He won't fall on his sword, and I have no faith that the club will force him to go, so there is only one logical direction for this team to go : (

HCZ
28-02-2018, 11:35 AM
If you read the transcript or watch the press conference rather than just the odd twitter posted quotes. The press conference shows that Wenger is absolutely refusing to answer the question of whether he will be here next season or not, and refuses to answer whether there will be a review of his position.

Niall_Quinn
28-02-2018, 11:43 AM
3 wins in a row is the most we've put together this season and that's only happened once which was back in November. The likelihood of us going on any kind of run is pretty bleak, this season is all but dead in the water and frankly I would be shocked if we managed to raise ourselves for Milan.

Forget the season, this whole club is dead in the water if we can't raise ourselves to play AC Milan. Surely, surely everyone involved with the club realises that the minimum requirement for those 2 matches is 100% commitment and an absolute determination to win, no matter how it's achieved. It's impossible they don't realise how much is riding on those games. A non-performance against Milan means nobody at this club gives a fuck. And if that's the case, all those who laughed at the idea of relegation better get their serious faces on because if things don't turn around dramatically and Wenger gets to stay on we're in real trouble. Right now I'd rank us at Leicester City level. That's where we are. We could win a title if a miracle occurred, but otherwise we're a middle of the road club making up the numbers. And our position could easily swing dramatically the other way, just as it did for Leicester. A bad start under Wenger next season and we could spend a year trying to recover and hovering above the drop zone. We're not immune to what has happened with other clubs who lost their hunger to compete.

Niall_Quinn
28-02-2018, 11:44 AM
If you read the transcript or watch the press conference rather than just the odd twitter posted quotes. The press conference shows that Wenger is absolutely refusing to answer the question of whether he will be here next season or not, and refuses to answer whether there will be a review of his position.

He did that last season, didn't he?

And at the start of this season he said, absolutely, things would be reviewed at the end of this season.

But what has become clear over the years is Wenger is quite the liar.

Bumble
28-02-2018, 12:09 PM
He wont be manager next season. There is light at the end of the tunnel. Keep the faith people.

HCZ
28-02-2018, 12:27 PM
He did that last season, didn't he?

And at the start of this season he said, absolutely, things would be reviewed at the end of this season.

But what has become clear over the years is Wenger is quite the liar.

Like I’ve said what we know now that we didn’t know then is that Wenger won’t ever walk away

Niall_Quinn
28-02-2018, 12:40 PM
He wont be manager next season. There is light at the end of the tunnel. Keep the faith people.

Brendan Rodgers :pray:

:ilt:

Be careful what you have nightmares about.

LDG
28-02-2018, 12:46 PM
Brendan Rogers wears lipstick

Cripps
28-02-2018, 01:17 PM
Joan Laporta exclusive with @Matt_Law_DT: I gambled with Pep Guardiola at Barcelona, Arsenal should do the same with Thierry Henry https://t.co/IjtDlHDPJd

I could understand if people were talking of Vieira, but Thierry can't even get his ideas across well on MNF, imagine him managing a football club:lol:

Marc Overmars
28-02-2018, 01:24 PM
Henry would be such a disaster. :lol:

Cripps
28-02-2018, 01:34 PM
I think it's pretty obvious he was told in no uncertain terms he needs to get champions league football or his position will be under threat in that meeting with the board on Monday, hence why he went full turbo on the squad yesterday and was spiky at the press conference today.

Come on Milan :pray:

selassie
28-02-2018, 01:38 PM

Like any of us actually trust Wenger to rebuild the team properly, he wouldn't know what to do.

Niall_Quinn
28-02-2018, 01:54 PM
Brendan Rogers wears lipstick

Still wouldn't want him here.

Marc Overmars
28-02-2018, 02:01 PM

Like any of us actually trust Wenger to rebuild the team properly, he wouldn't know what to do.

He's rebuilt what, 4 or 5 times now since the Invincibles? Each time worse than the one before.

Cripps
28-02-2018, 02:02 PM
:lol: so true

Niall_Quinn
28-02-2018, 02:15 PM
He's rebuilt what, 4 or 5 times now since the Invincibles? Each time worse than the one before.

One more time should do it. Just one more time. He was so unlucky on every other occasion. This time he'll get it right. Trouble with you is you lack blind faith.

selassie
28-02-2018, 02:20 PM

Yep!

Niall_Quinn
28-02-2018, 02:31 PM
It sounds like the press are ready to go into a feeding frenzy with Wenger as the starter, main course and desert. About fucking time. Where have you been?

If the press pressure becomes relentless (and the fans can certainly help fuel that) then maybe, just maybe.

Cripps
28-02-2018, 02:31 PM
Thing is he just goes into more defensive and stubborn mode :coffee:

We need someone to push him :coffee:

Mac76
28-02-2018, 02:33 PM

This is what was so marked about Sunday - as recently as last season the team were turning up for a Wembley final - not this time

Mac76
28-02-2018, 02:34 PM
Still wouldn't want him here.

:d

Letters
28-02-2018, 02:45 PM

Hmm. Think that's a bit of a simplification but this certainly is the worst team under Wenger right now.
I don't actually think it's the worst squad though.

GP
28-02-2018, 03:03 PM
Hmm. Think that's a bit of a simplification but this certainly is the worst team under Wenger right now.

This is the important thing.

We've played much better football with worse players.

I think it might be time to consider the manager's position. I'm surprised no one has brought it up before.

selassie
28-02-2018, 03:04 PM

Simplification? It really isn't.

He has spent millions over the past 3 or 4 seasons and we have gone backwards!

We shouldn't even be in this position, he should have built upon a fairly decent squad a few years ago instead of defiantly stating it couldn't be improved....:rolleyes:

Cripps
28-02-2018, 03:31 PM
The banter era team was far worse.

And we played better.

:wacko:

Marc Overmars
28-02-2018, 04:01 PM
It just points to him losing his grip and lustre over time. 10 years ago he was still seen as one of the leading minds of the game but now he’s been battered from pillar to post and largely viewed as a relic, while all these younger and modern coaches have increased the competition to a point now where he cannot compete. Players respond to good coaching and it’s fairly clear we’re not getting that anymore. Bellerin said as much in that leaked audio clip.

We now have a generation of footballers who have come through seeing Arsenal consistently fail, the perception of Wenger and the club is completely different to what it was 10 years ago when we were still living off the echoes of the Invincibles. No one wants to play for Arsene Wenger anymore and that’s why results have gradually worsened over time despite the quality of the individual player improving.

Cripps
28-02-2018, 04:08 PM
Guardiola is what Wenger was 20 years ago.

Marc Overmars
28-02-2018, 04:23 PM
Yep and if he went 15 years without a league title I’m sure no one would be striving to play for him anymore. Well actually, it wouldn’t even get that far because he probably would have done the decent thing and packed it in when he knew he was struggling.

Wenger will have to be carted out of here in a straitjacket, he won’t let go.

Cripps
01-03-2018, 08:58 AM
Arsene Wenger heading for the exit door as doubts grow from the boardroom and dressing room https://t.co/nrIo0umja1

HCZ
01-03-2018, 09:12 AM
Arsene Wenger heading for the exit door as doubts grow from the boardroom and dressing room https://t.co/nrIo0umja1

Ominous for Wenger

The circle of access journalist Cross being allowed to write such reports by Gonella

Goonermerree
01-03-2018, 09:13 AM
It's a bit rich the players turning on him when they can't do a job themselves. I know they are directed by the manager, but they could think for themselves once they're on the pitch.

HCZ
01-03-2018, 09:29 AM
It's a bit rich the players turning on him when they can't do a job themselves. I know they are directed by the manager, but they could think for themselves once they're on the pitch.

Yes and no. Football is a team game. You can take responsibility yourself but without a game plan where you know what your team mate will do it’s redundant.

There are definitely players who cruise and don’t put effort in, but that makes it even worse for the players who do try

Gooner23
01-03-2018, 09:47 AM
I think a player revolt is needed to help wake the board out of their slumber.

Sorry it has to come to this but it does feel like the growing noise is for him to be shown the door in the summer.

Özim
01-03-2018, 09:51 AM
Wenger has to take the blame, he accepts lack of efforts and genuinely applauds it (he defended our workrate and effort in the cup final and claimed both teams were spotted walking at times and that we put plenty of effort in), unfortunately, with no game plan, favouritism, no repercussions for poor performances and lack of effort and no real tactics or progress it's understandable that players have had enough.

Should have happened a number of years ago tbh, the writing was on the wall even then, with players already questioning our ambition and publicly saying there's no coaching which is shocking to be honest.

Yes some players are plainly not good enough, but then Wenger is the one that brought them in claiming they were super super quality, he could have looked elsewhere.

Niall_Quinn
01-03-2018, 09:54 AM
I think a player revolt is needed to help wake the board out of their slumber.

Sorry it has to come to this but it does feel like the growing noise is for him to be shown the door in the summer.

He built that door with his own bare hands.

Cripps
01-03-2018, 12:44 PM
Arsenal consider Hoffenheim boss Julian Nagelsmann as potential replacement for Arsene Wenger https://t.co/kMJxvNQ7vc

Someone like Nagelsmann should be our left field, risky appointment, not someone like Arteta.

Özim
01-03-2018, 12:59 PM
Arsenal consider Hoffenheim boss Julian Nagelsmann as potential replacement for Arsene Wenger https://t.co/kMJxvNQ7vc

Someone like Nagelsmann should be our left field, risky appointment, not someone like Arteta.

Never heard of him, last time that happened we signed up Wenger.

In short no thanks.

Globalgunner
01-03-2018, 12:59 PM

Yes, but Arteta has such lovely hair.

Bumble
01-03-2018, 01:31 PM
Never heard of him, last time that happened we signed up Wenger.

In short no thanks.

didn't wenger win the league in his first full season? so we did actually have some good times under a nobody manager.

GP
01-03-2018, 01:37 PM
didn't wenger win the league in his first full season? so we did actually have some good times under a nobody manager.

The double, no less.

In short, no thanks.

Özim
01-03-2018, 01:42 PM

Who cares, the guy turned the club into what it is today, a disaster zone, plus it was more down to circumstances and knowledge of the French market than anything else, if he was actually a decent manager we wouldn't be where we are today and he'd have come close to repeating the feat in the the last 14 years.

Niall_Quinn
01-03-2018, 01:45 PM
The beggars are becoming choosers. I'll take anyone except Brendan Rodgers.

Or Woy.

If we ended up with Woy, fucking hell, we'd be begging for Wenger to come back.

Or Schteeeeve. That would be pretty awful.

Or Hughes, Allardyce, Brown, Pulis and all the other poor, home-grown managers who are so unlucky and so shit.

But other than that, anyone.

Except Adams. Legend and all, but it'd take him 3 days to do a halftime team talk.

Mac76
01-03-2018, 04:22 PM
Yes, but Arteta has such lovely hair.

i'd swear it's made of plastic and comes off in one piece

HCZ
01-03-2018, 04:23 PM
The beggars are becoming choosers. I'll take anyone except Brendan Rodgers.

Or Woy.

If we ended up with Woy, fucking hell, we'd be begging for Wenger to come back.

Or Schteeeeve. That would be pretty awful.

Or Hughes, Allardyce, Brown, Pulis and all the other poor, home-grown managers who are so unlucky and so shit.

But other than that, anyone.

Except Adams. Legend and all, but it'd take him 3 days to do a halftime team talk.

Plus you could nullify any in game tactical plan by leaving a can of kestrel in the changing room

Cripps
01-03-2018, 04:34 PM
Ex-Arsenal midfielder Stewart Robson: “Did you see his interview? ‘I’ve turned down the world to stay at Arsenal’ - he’s so arrogant, it’s untrue. The reason he stays at Arsenal is he can do what he wants, he’s not under pressure and he gets paid nearly £10m a year." https://t.co/u0x08IQNjM

Robson :bow:

HCZ
01-03-2018, 04:40 PM
Ex-Arsenal midfielder Stewart Robson: “Did you see his interview? ‘I’ve turned down the world to stay at Arsenal’ - he’s so arrogant, it’s untrue. The reason he stays at Arsenal is he can do what he wants, he’s not under pressure and he gets paid nearly £10m a year." https://t.co/u0x08IQNjM

Robson :bow:

Whilst he’s probably right there. Robson isn’t well.

Cripps
01-03-2018, 06:13 PM
Robson along with Zim have been spot on for years.

GP
01-03-2018, 06:36 PM
Robson is a bitter little faggot.

Xhaka Can’t
01-03-2018, 11:36 PM
There isn’t anything Robson knows fuck all about.

KSE Comedy Club
02-03-2018, 07:46 AM
Except Robson is exactly right :coffee:

Niall_Quinn
02-03-2018, 09:51 AM
Except Robson is exactly right :coffee:

A stopped clock is right two more times than Wenger is each day.

Cripps
02-03-2018, 11:38 AM
Robson's been right for years.

Stewie:bow:

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
02-03-2018, 12:33 PM
I actually thought his analysis was really good when the club still employed him here.....but since then I have found him kind of irksome and quite bitter, thought I don't think the lastest sound bite is wrong.

Cripps
02-03-2018, 05:18 PM
Julian Nagelsmann is leader of a new wave of young 'laptop coaches'... so, who is the baby-faced prodigy being considered to replace Arsene Wenger? https://t.co/ShCCxCbZQ0

selassie
02-03-2018, 07:26 PM
I actually thought his analysis was really good when the club still employed him here.....but since then I have found him kind of irksome and quite bitter, thought I don't think the lastest sound bite is wrong.

He wasn’t one of “Wenger’s yes men”, that’s the impression I get of him. Some of his views are extreme which makes him sound bitter, but I do get where he is coming from and I think he is right in what he is saying here.

Cripps
02-03-2018, 10:37 PM
Pochettino promises to quit if Tottenham fans ever turn on him: “If your own fans didn’t want you, there is no point to carry on working because you are going to damage first of all your company, your club,” https://t.co/tBgvk8XJ2x

What a man :bow:

Ivan you know what to do :bow:

Cripps
02-03-2018, 10:44 PM
Guess whos gone in hard on Wenger :lol:

Peter Hill-Wood :faint:

Had to read it twice to believe it. Strong quotes from him as well :wacko:

Arsene Wenger has to leave Arsenal, insists ex-chairman who appointed him - EXCLUSIVE #AFC
https://t.co/68OT7lCZZe

Niall_Quinn
02-03-2018, 10:51 PM
The fact Wenger is still here speaks volumes about the selfish bastard.

Cripps
02-03-2018, 11:09 PM
Ironic isn't it :lol:

He was telling us to mind our own business and not show interest in their affairs when we tried to warn them :lol:

Cripps
02-03-2018, 11:38 PM
This one's gaining legs

Arsenal eye Julian Nagelsmann as Arsene Wenger's replacement - EXCLUSIVE https://t.co/2vNvFSITqB

Can see this happening. Kroenke is apparently blowing his own trumpet and can't hold his delight at appointing the youngest coach at L.A. Rams and them doing well, so I can see him replicating that here. Nagelsmann is 30 years old.

Power n Glory
03-03-2018, 08:30 AM
Guess whos gone in hard on Wenger :lol:

Peter Hill-Wood :faint:

Had to read it twice to believe it. Strong quotes from him as well :wacko:

Arsene Wenger has to leave Arsenal, insists ex-chairman who appointed him - EXCLUSIVE #AFC
https://t.co/68OT7lCZZe

Wow. If he can finally admit he needs to go, maybe the message will get to Stan. I think Josh Kroenke is here to sack Wenger.

Cripps
03-03-2018, 09:37 AM
Brendan Rodgers on #Arsenal speculation: "I’m loving my life up here. I’m not going to be here forever but I’m living in a dream. Dreams always come to an end at some point, that’s for sure. But I am always relaxed about speculation & what not. My focus is only on Celtic" https://t.co/RaTpiwOKNB

Stay up there pal.

Cripps
03-03-2018, 11:21 AM
The Guardian say as far as Wenger is concerned there is no decision to take. He intends to remain in charge for next season & to honour the final year of his contract. #Arsenal https://t.co/eAH0jXPlFW

Goonermerree
03-03-2018, 11:53 AM
Wow. If he can finally admit he needs to go, maybe the message will get to Stan. I think Josh Kroenke is here to sack Wenger.
When momentum gets going it's hard to stop it. Everyone I listen to in the media is saying it's time for him to go. I've never heard it so much before except from some Arsenal fans and a sprinkling of pundits. I can see him going before the end of the season. Despite what Wenger thinks and says - it's over. The only question is, when does he go? A couple more bad results should seal it.
Somebody close to him should tell him to quit and go and bask in the sunshine with all of his money.

Mac76
03-03-2018, 12:01 PM
Brendan Rodgers on #Arsenal speculation: "I’m loving my life up here. I’m not going to be here forever but I’m living in a dream. Dreams always come to an end at some point, that’s for sure. But I am always relaxed about speculation & what not. My focus is only on Celtic" https://t.co/RaTpiwOKNB

Stay up there pal.

YEs, please please let him mean it :pray:

Cripps
03-03-2018, 12:25 PM
When momentum gets going it's hard to stop it. Everyone I listen to in the media is saying it's time for him to go. I've never heard it so much before except from some Arsenal fans and a sprinkling of pundits. I can see him going before the end of the season. Despite what Wenger thinks and says - it's over. The only question is, when does he go? A couple more bad results should seal it.
Somebody close to him should tell him to quit and go and bask in the sunshine with all of his money.

What surprises me is John Cross going full 180 and non stop tweeting about him needing to leave. That was his staunchest supporter :blink:

Niall_Quinn
03-03-2018, 02:43 PM
The Guardian say as far as Wenger is concerned there is no decision to take. He intends to remain in charge for next season & to honour the final year of his contract. #Arsenal https://t.co/eAH0jXPlFW

I don't suppose they speculate on why Wenger would stay another year? For what purpose? What could he possibly achieve except to take the club further backwards?

Niall_Quinn
03-03-2018, 02:45 PM
What surprises me is John Cross going full 180 and non stop tweeting about him needing to leave. That was his staunchest supporter :blink:

A rat jumping ship just before it goes down? What's so surprising about that? He'll find somebody else to fawn over.

Niall_Quinn
03-03-2018, 02:46 PM

Stay up there pal.

I love it here, I'm totally focused on Celtic. But give me a call and I'll be down in a flash.

No thanks. There's already enough shit at the club. No need to pour more in.

Goonermerree
03-03-2018, 03:14 PM
I love it here, I'm totally focused on Celtic. But give me a call and I'll be down in a flash.

No thanks. There's already enough shit at the club. No need to pour more in.

I always felt the Moyes was the fall guy after Fergie, no one was going to emulate or better him, so just get anyone in. Nobody thought he was up for the job at United, he got a nice pay out though. Now they have Moanie who has stabilised things at United to an extent. Maybe someone like that will come in. Not that I don't want a really good manager to come in, but maybe it's too toxic at the moment and it will be hard to stamp your authority on a club when the same man has been manager for 21 years.

selassie
03-03-2018, 05:26 PM

Of course he does. Everybody is overreacting according to him, we aren’t fighting relegation and haven’t lost to a team in Division 5 so everything is fine.

No problems at Arsenal according to him so we amble on.

AFC Leveller
04-03-2018, 09:38 AM
Wenger says he never walks away from his contracts and with the board as reluctant to make a move as ever, i wouldnt be surprised if we stayed on after this summer.

However, lets say he does leave, what realistic candidates are there? im talking about managers who would not only steady the ship and eventually improve us, but also available. I would LOVE Simeone, he would be perfect for what we need right now (his style of play is often criticized but his teams are a lot better to watch then people give them credit. Luis Enrique would also be a good candidate.

Power n Glory
04-03-2018, 09:51 AM
Wenger says he never walks away from his contracts and with the board as reluctant to make a move as ever, i wouldnt be surprised if we stayed on after this summer.

However, lets say he does leave, what realistic candidates are there? im talking about managers who would not only steady the ship and eventually improve us, but also available. I would LOVE Simeone, he would be perfect for what we need right now (his style of play is often criticized but his teams are a lot better to watch then people give them credit. Luis Enrique would also be a good candidate.

Take your pick. I can't see Ancelotti on that list but there are some decent managers there without a job.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/trainer/verfuegbaretrainer/statistik

AFC Leveller
04-03-2018, 10:26 AM
Joachim Low is being linked with the job but it just goes to show that Journos dont know what they are talking about. He hasnt managed a club since 2004 and his CV at club level is pretty underwhelming anyway.

Simeone, Enrique or Ancelotti in that order.

Cripps
04-03-2018, 10:36 AM

Allegri, Jardim, Sarri, Nagelsmann, Low, Ancelotti. All appointable.

Marc Overmars
04-03-2018, 10:50 AM
No one can do a better job than Wenger. He’s a miracle worker, we’d be in the Championship without him.

Cripps
04-03-2018, 04:10 PM
Wenger: "A quality of manager is as well to shorten the crisis. Until now I've managed to do it. I believe I can do it." [@jamesbenge] #afc https://t.co/Wi3AKbTBYH

He's going nowhere lads.

Bumble
04-03-2018, 08:35 PM
Allegri, Jardim, Sarri, Nagelsmann, Low, Ancelotti. All appointable.

Dyche

Niall_Quinn
04-03-2018, 08:38 PM
Dyche

Fine. Get him if that's all we can get. He'd be so much better than Wenger.

Cripps
05-03-2018, 09:56 AM
@AFCAMDEN: Wenger is gone. Some of our senior & longest-serving players want a change of direction, and may not sign new deals unless he goes. Sad if it ends like this, but seems like it’s the only way.

Revolt :bow:

Goonermerree
05-03-2018, 09:59 AM
@AFCAMDEN: Wenger is gone. Some of our senior & longest-serving players want a change of direction, and may not sign new deals unless he goes. Sad if it ends like this, but seems like it’s the only way.

Revolt :bow:

Don't know if that's true or not, but I do get fed up with players who can't deliver on the pitch spouting about the manager. Yes Wenger bought them and they are not up to the job, but a bit of effort and passion on the pitch wouldn't go amiss. So I hope a lot of them are out of the door with him sooner rather than later.

Cripps
05-03-2018, 10:16 AM
He has good links within the club so I have no doubt it's true.

Marc Overmars
05-03-2018, 10:18 AM
It's funny because I don't think many fans would really care if some of these so called senior and longest serving players left anyway.

KSE Comedy Club
05-03-2018, 10:20 AM
Don't know if that's true or not, but I do get fed up with players who can't deliver on the pitch spouting about the manager. Yes Wenger bought them and they are not up to the job, but a bit of effort and passion on the pitch wouldn't go amiss. So I hope a lot of them are out of the door with him sooner rather than later.

In most cases, it isn't warranted when a manager is fairly new etc, ie when the Chavs did it to Scolari - but in our case, it is most certainly warranted.

The players want a change and they aren't being offered up anything new in terms of coaching or tactics so why wouldn't they have had enough?

Marc Overmars
05-03-2018, 10:26 AM
I also think it is true for what it's worth. You only have to look at the number of players who have been available for transfer over the last 18 months, something isn't right in the dressing room that is for certain.

I remember Oxlade liking a Wenger out tweet last year too and he would have been one of the longer serving players at the time. Speaking of Ox, I see he's enjoying his football again and looking like a decent player. Shock, horror.

HCZ
05-03-2018, 10:33 AM
The players are waging a PR war against Wenger trying to diminish their own responsibility

Even when Koscielny said yesterday we must share the blame, it’s a way of making sure he and his team mates aren’t seen as pricks.

I’m not buying that bill of goods

Wenger is a non manager has no idea what he’s doing, but is he suddenly worse than he was two years ago?

No the new lows we are hitting are a mixture of his ineptitude and the players downing tools

Wenger has to go now, but there has to be a reckoning with these cunts who call themselves professionals

We need the likes of Vieira, Henry, Keown to come in just as a one off and tell these players exactly what they think of them. What it means to play for this football club

Goonermerree
05-03-2018, 10:37 AM
In most cases, it isn't warranted when a manager is fairly new etc, ie when the Chavs did it to Scolari - but in our case, it is most certainly warranted.

The players want a change and they aren't being offered up anything new in terms of coaching or tactics so why wouldn't they have had enough?

I don't see any effort from them on the pitch. They're paid a fortune, the fans pay a lot of money to watch them. They should do their job.

Cripps
05-03-2018, 10:37 AM
I bet Ramsey is leading this revolt. His contract expires next year and he's essentially a senior player now.

Rambo :bow:

HCZ
05-03-2018, 10:38 AM
I bet Ramsey is leading this revolt. His contract expires next year and he's essentially a senior player now.

Rambo :bow:

:haha:

Ramsey has no personality and he loves Wenger

Goonermerree
05-03-2018, 10:47 AM
I'm surprised they want Wenger gone if it's true, they are on easy street under Wenger.

Niall_Quinn
05-03-2018, 10:56 AM
The modern footballer. Zero loyalty. Zero respect. Half the talent. Rewards before achievements.

That's the easy life they'll be looking to protect. So if the time has come to throw Wenger under a bus so the gravy train can keep on rolling along, that's what they'll do. It's not a problem unique to Arsenal. Look at that cock Toure who popped up to justify a slice of his ridiculous contract. Wasn't he a slave not so long ago? The idiot Neymar? It's hard to spot the professional these days.

IBK
05-03-2018, 11:00 AM
I don't see any effort from them on the pitch. They're paid a fortune, the fans pay a lot of money to watch them. They should do their job.

..the question is whether they are doing a Chelsea and playing to get the change that is both needed and inevitable. It almost seems that way!

At other clubs we have seen players accused of 'downing tools' to get the manager sacked. I don't think that this necessarily is the case at Arsenal, but it is not that much of a leap of faith to conclude that our players see a dead man walking and therefore are no longer playing for the manager.

Philiippe Auclair in the Arsecast last week made some interesting points about how players can play the system by looking like they are making runs etc and having healthy match stats, but in fact using runs to hide from the ball instead of making a difference to the game. This way they look good on paper for an incoming manager, while in reality letting a failing manager down. Could this be the reason why Wenger continues to 'big up' players that have given up on him?

Cripps
:haha:

Ramsey has no personality and he loves Wenger

Ramsey was confirmed at the mole.

Goonermerree
The modern footballer. Zero loyalty. Zero respect. Half the talent. Rewards before achievements.

That's the easy life they'll be looking to protect. So if the time has come to throw Wenger under a bus so the gravy train can keep on rolling along, that's what they'll do. It's not a problem unique to Arsenal. Look at that cock Toure who popped up to justify a slice of his ridiculous contract. Wasn't he a slave not so long ago? The idiot Neymar? It's hard to spot the professional these days.

Aye, they know which side their next pay cheque is coming from.

Goonermerree
05-03-2018, 11:07 AM
..the question is whether they are doing a Chelsea and playing to get the change that is both needed and inevitable. It almost seems that way!

At other clubs we have seen players accused of 'downing tools' to get the manager sacked. I don't think that this necessarily is the case at Arsenal, but it is not that much of a leap of faith to conclude that our players see a dead man walking and therefore are no longer playing for the manager.

Philiippe Auclair in the Arsecast last week made some interesting points about how players can play the system by looking like they are making runs etc and having healthy match stats, but in fact using runs to hide from the ball instead of making a difference to the game. This way they look good on paper for an incoming manager, while in reality letting a failing manager down. Could this be the reason why Wenger continues to 'big up' players that have given up on him?

I'm sure possible future managers of Arsenal can see exactly what they are playing like. Fans are still paying money to see this dross, maybe they shouldn't be, but if you're a season ticket holder, you've already paid, they owe the fans something, surely.

Özim
05-03-2018, 11:09 AM
Wenger is an average manager, I've thought so since the mid 2000s to be honest when he was making basic errors and didn't seem to recognise his mistakes, his blind faith for players and rigid tactics were a problem back then. It was all fine and dandy when he had self motivated leaders on the pitch to do the work for him, the minute he sold those though you started to realise how inept he was.

I've always said he did have the rub of the green a number of times and also had unflappable support from the fans, the best type of fans for a manager but it could also be argued the worst kind of fans for a club, the type of fans who actually prioritised the manager over the good of the club.

Despite all that, the players are also responsible, the lack of motivation, lack of desire, not caring whether they win or lose and nonsense they come out with, I don't rate our squad highly at all, we do have a decent forward line, the rest is a waste of time however, but in the end Wenger brought them in so he's responsbile.

Truth be told I couldn't care less how he leaves as long as he does, to me he's had it good at this club, despite all his claims about having the world on a stick when it comes to job offers, he never left because they either didn't follow up or he knew he'd never find another job as comfy and easy as this, to me he doesn't really deserve this respectful send-off some claim he should get, his attitude has been awful and his achievements throughout his career with us bang average.

This day has been coming, it was more a question of when, I think it will take any manager a while to sort this mess out to be honest, it's like when Ferguson left Man U (though he left them in a much better place), replacing a man who's been at a club for 20+ years and has everything setup to revolve around him is very hard, the squad also needs some major surgery to be honest, not an impossible job but fans will need to be patient because this isn't some regular job at some normal club, hopefully we get the right man through the door like Spurs and Liverpool have, someone who can build every season to make this club more competitive because at the moment we're miles behind, in a much much worst state than I've ever seen this club.

Wenger has left us in a terrible state.

KSE Comedy Club
05-03-2018, 11:13 AM
None of us want to see this shit show continue, the players have always dug Wenger out of a hole. Maybe they have decided enough is enough.

Why should they keep trying their best when that particular scenario plays out with Wenger looking ok and staying on at the club?

I really don't blame them anymore tbh

Goonermerree
05-03-2018, 11:15 AM
None of us want to see this shit show continue, the players have always dug Wenger out of a hole. Maybe they have decided enough is enough.

Why should they keep trying their best when that particular scenario plays out with Wenger looking ok and staying on at the club?

I understand what you're saying, but I still think players have a job to do.

Niall_Quinn
05-03-2018, 11:43 AM
Anyway, Wenger's still here this morning which means he has no pride, no shame and certainly no intention of releasing the club from his grip. And large sections of the fan base are fucking it up, again! With all this bullshit talk about respect.

So the guy won't leave, but he can't be sacked because that would be disrespectful. How bloody convenient. And what happens when we get to the end of this season and Wenger states he always sees out his contract? Even MORE respect required?

The pro-Wenger crowd, and make no mistake they are still there in force, are trying to created a desperate impasse where yes, of course, it is time for Wenger to leave but, alas, oh dear, there's no way for him to leave. So he stays. That way they can jump the bandwagon that is finally starting to roll in the media that has supported the Wenger shambles up to this point and try to steer it back to safety. Most of them probably don't realise they are doing this. But the prime movers and Wenger himself will get the picture. Even a hint of support for him now and we're condemned to another season of this shit, at least.

You have to ask these fans, if not now then when? Under what conditions would it be acceptable to sack Wenger? What if he burned down the stadium or murdered the team?

Well that's what he's doing in slow motion. So is it the pace of the devastation that you have a problem with? Do we have to wait another season for it to reach an acceptably fucked up and catastrophic state before we can all agree that maybe, just maybe, after 2 decades of the same bloke and over a decade of stagnation and decline it might, just might be respectful to the club itself to get a new man?

Goonermerree
05-03-2018, 12:01 PM
Anyway, Wenger's still here this morning which means he has no pride, no shame and certainly no intention of releasing the club from his grip. And large sections of the fan base are fucking it up, again! With all this bullshit talk about respect.

So the guy won't leave, but he can't be sacked because that would be disrespectful. How bloody convenient. And what happens when we get to the end of this season and Wenger states he always sees out his contract? Even MORE respect required?

The pro-Wenger crowd, and make no mistake they are still there in force, are trying to created a desperate impasse where yes, of course, it is time for Wenger to leave but, alas, oh dear, there's no way for him to leave. So he stays. That way they can jump the bandwagon that is finally starting to roll in the media that has supported the Wenger shambles up to this point and try to steer it back to safety. Most of them probably don't realise they are doing this. But the prime movers and Wenger himself will get the picture. Even a hint of support for him now and we're condemned to another season of this shit, at least.

You have to ask these fans, if not now then when? Under what conditions would it be acceptable to sack Wenger? What if he burned down the stadium or murdered the team?

Well that's what he's doing in slow motion. So is it the pace of the devastation that you have a problem with? Do we have to wait another season for it to reach an acceptably fucked up and catastrophic state before we can all agree that maybe, just maybe, after 2 decades of the same bloke and over a decade of stagnation and decline it might, just might be respectful to the club itself to get a new man?

I must admit, I am very disappointed that he's still manager this morning, what does it take? Maybe he has to go if he doesn't beat Milan! The longer he is here, the harder it will be for a new manager and more difficult to get a decent manager, unless they pay out mega bucks for him.

KSE Comedy Club
05-03-2018, 02:05 PM
Tbf to Wenger, its difficult for an Alzheimer's sufferer to remember he's lost the last four games, let alone how bad we have actually been this season.

selassie
05-03-2018, 02:37 PM
It's funny because I don't think many fans would really care if some of these so called senior and longest serving players left anyway.

Aye, the likes of Wilshere, Ramsey, Bellerin & Welbeck who I assume are these long serving players are as much as part of the problem as Wenger.

Don't get me wrong, I think Wilshere, Ramsey & Bellerin would improve under a new manager who knows what they are doing, but each of these guys are replaceable if we have a new manager who knows what he is doing and is prepared to spend on the squad.

GP
05-03-2018, 02:58 PM
Tbf to Wenger, its difficult for an Alzheimer's sufferer to remember he's lost the last four games, let alone how bad we have actually been this season.

In Wenger's mind it's 2004

Goonermerree
05-03-2018, 03:49 PM

There are no heroes any more at Arsenal.

Cripps
05-03-2018, 03:52 PM
Apart from Gunnersaurus.

HCZ
05-03-2018, 04:04 PM
There are no heroes any more at Arsenal.

Not since Osama Bin Laden was killed

Cripps
05-03-2018, 04:36 PM

Xhaka Can’t
05-03-2018, 04:44 PM
Aye, the likes of Wilshere, Ramsey, Bellerin & Welbeck who I assume are these long serving players are as much as part of the problem as Wenger.

Don't get me wrong, I think Wilshere, Ramsey & Bellerin would improve under a new manager who knows what they are doing, but each of these guys are replaceable if we have a new manager who knows what he is doing and is prepared to spend on the squad.

One thing I will never blame Wenger for is Bellerin’s haircut and fashion sense.

HCZ
05-03-2018, 04:47 PM
I do

Xhaka Can’t
05-03-2018, 04:48 PM
I do

You’re tough but fair

Cripps
06-03-2018, 07:41 AM
The Sun claim some Arsenal players don't want Mikel Arteta to become manager. He has been accused of being arrogant & full of himself during his time at #Arsenal. Thierry Henry is not under consideration. https://t.co/oKbG6RJZoE

Phew :bow:

Cripps
06-03-2018, 07:41 AM
The Sun say Wenger’s position is being reviewed on a game-by-game basis, with the names of various potential replacements being bandied freely around the club. #Arsenal https://t.co/dqI86MwE54

hobson's choice
06-03-2018, 07:47 AM
The Sun claim some Arsenal players don't want Mikel Arteta to become manager. He has been accused of being arrogant & full of himself during his time at #Arsenal. Thierry Henry is not under consideration. https://t.co/oKbG6RJZoE

So this basically means that Arteta calls them out on their Bullshiit.

Ill take a wild guess Ramsey is the source of that info.

Marc Overmars
06-03-2018, 07:55 AM

Arteta the mini-Pep :bow:

HCZ
06-03-2018, 08:14 AM
The Times reporting that he has no intention of standing down or agreeing an early exit

As I’ve stated he will have to be sacked

AFC Leveller
06-03-2018, 08:56 AM
The Times reporting that he has no intention of standing down or agreeing an early exit

Thats what’s I’ve been saying, this guy has overseen fuck up over fuck up for the past 13 years and there is no way he will stand down. That’s because he is an arrogant, selfish old bastard who hs no life outside Arsenal and by his own admission is scared of retiring. There is also no way he will be sacked because why would the board- who have done fuck all all these years- suddenly wake up and decide to fire him? Nobody can control this freak and the only person who would be be able to is over in the USA in his ranches.

We are doomed, until 2019 at least

Cripps
06-03-2018, 09:14 AM
Arsène has told coaching staff in the club that he won’t step down in summer. Many in the boardroom want him to leave but on his own terms.
https://t.co/YafGa8LUid

:lol: :rose:

Özim
06-03-2018, 09:17 AM
Of course he won't resign, he's 100% in it for himself, he's shown this many times over the years, someone who isn't wouldnt treat the fans with such contempt and would have left when he could see he couldn't deliver anymore.

The claim that he loves the club is laughable tbh, we're in a very unique position because we have the worst owner in football, worst manager in football and some of the worst fans in football as well, that's a terrible position to be in.

I actually think as we go on we'll become a less attractive option for manager, we're sliping down the table and our net spend is pathetic, the pressure on the new manager to turn it around and the fact one man has been here for 20+ years will add to that. A couple years ago we could have probably got a top top manager, now I'm not so sure.

Makes you realise you should never let a manager overstay his welcome, when things start going wrong maybe it's best to let him go like other clubs do, obviously if he's been very successful that buy him a bit of grace but IMO that should have been no more than 2-3 seasons for Wenger, personally think we should have sacked him by 2010 at the latest.

Niall_Quinn
06-03-2018, 10:09 AM

Sun also reporting that some Arsenal fans don't want they Arsenal players. They have been accused of being boneless pork rectums who are only good for shit passing and rapid evacuation under stress.

It's quite unbelievable these guys have the nerve to speak.

Niall_Quinn
06-03-2018, 10:11 AM
The Sun say Wenger’s position is being reviewed on a game-by-game basis, with the names of various potential replacements being bandied freely around the club. #Arsenal https://t.co/dqI86MwE54

Did we lose? YES

Did we lose again? YES

Loss? YES

What is it, exactly, they are reviewing?

Niall_Quinn
06-03-2018, 10:12 AM

Also the most selfish manager in world football.

He's quite the cunt really.

But we need to show him respect, of course.

Niall_Quinn
06-03-2018, 10:16 AM
Of course he won't resign, he's 100% in it for himself, he's shown this many times over the years, someone who isn't wouldnt treat the fans with such contempt and would have left when he could see he couldn't deliver anymore.

The claim that he loves the club is laughable tbh, we're in a very unique position because we have the worst owner in football, worst manager in football and some of the worst fans in football as well, that's a terrible position to be in.

I actually think as we go on we'll become a less attractive option for manager, we're sliping down the table and our net spend is pathetic, the pressure on the new manager to turn it around and the fact one man has been here for 20+ years will add to that. A couple years ago we could have probably got a top top manager, now I'm not so sure.

Makes you realise you should never let a manager overstay his welcome, when things start going wrong maybe it's best to let him go like other clubs do, obviously if he's been very successful that buy him a bit of grace but IMO that should have been no more than 2-3 seasons for Wenger, personally think we should have sacked him by 2010 at the latest.

You need to respect him and let him decide when he leaves. Ollie Holt says you are a disgrace btw.

The Emirates Gallactico
06-03-2018, 10:22 AM
If we weren't in such a shit show right now with us desperately needing to at least get CL football to re-establish ourselves then I wouldn't mind taking a punt on Arteta. The guy has put in the legwork to learn the trade from the best in the game and seems to have an intelligent head on his shoulders.

However given that we're a mess right now we have to think short term and go for someone who can make an immediate impact. Jardim or Simeone are the two names but with Chelsea, RM all certain to look for new manager this summer we have to move quick for them.

Niall_Quinn
06-03-2018, 10:26 AM
If we weren't in such a shit show right now with us desperately needing to at least get CL football to re-establish ourselves then I wouldn't mind taking a punt on Arteta. The guy has put in the legwork to learn the trade from the best in the game and seems to have an intelligent head on his shoulders.

However given that we're a mess right now we have to think short term and go for someone who can make an immediate impact. Jardim or Simeone are the two names but with Chelsea, RM all certain to look for new manager this summer we have to move quick for them.

Arsenal needs to move quick? Isn't that asking the impossible?

Marc Overmars
06-03-2018, 10:29 AM
I still think he will be gone if we don't win the Europa League.

Niall_Quinn
06-03-2018, 10:32 AM

Not if he sacks everyone and brings in a horse and a selection of potted plants.

Who's going to do the job of telling him to his face to fuck off? That's what it's going to take. Clearly the guy has no awareness of not being wanted, of having stayed far too long, of being in a position that's untenable. All that has gone right over his head and he's talking about emulating his crisis management successes of the past, which of course don't exist.

AFC Leveller
06-03-2018, 10:37 AM

He should be gone but will be gone? Doubt it.

The board sacking him less than half way through a 2 year contract they offered him would make their decision making look amateur, which is they won’t sack him.

Cripps
06-03-2018, 10:42 AM
Stan will have to sign it off. And I can't see that happening.

The Emirates Gallactico
06-03-2018, 10:43 AM
Arsenal needs to move quick? Isn't that asking the impossible?

tbf with the recent change to the backroom team (Sven & Raul) and our transfer business over Winter, I do think there's a genuine desire to rectify the situation quickly from Ivan.

The only problem is that old goat who still remains in charge and Ivan lacking the power to fire him without Stan's permission. Once that can be done I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see us act like a competent and well-run club.

They mentioned this in the Arseblog Extra podcast but one of the problems is that apart from Ken Friar, none of the current board have any experience in sacking managers, let alone ones with the clout & influence that Wenger has at the club.

I think there's no chance he's going to get fired before the end of the season regardless of how worse it gets and even him getting nudged out in the summer seems a 50/50 at best.

Niall_Quinn
06-03-2018, 10:45 AM

The board sacking him less than half way through a 2 year contract they offered him would make their decision making look amateur, which is they won’t sack him.

Their stewardship of the club makes them look amateur too, that doesn't seem to bother them.

GP
06-03-2018, 10:46 AM
Wenger needs to be fired

Out of a cannon

Niall_Quinn
06-03-2018, 10:49 AM
tbf with the recent change to the backroom team (Sven & Raul) and our transfer business over Winter, I do think there's a genuine desire to rectify the situation quickly from Ivan.

The only problem is that old goat who still remains in charge and Ivan lacking the power to fire him without Stan's permission. Once that can be done I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see us act like a competent and well-run club.

They mentioned this in the Arseblog Extra podcast but one of the problems is that apart from Ken Friar, none of the current board have any experience in sacking managers, let alone ones with the clout & influence that Wenger has at the club.

I think there's no chance he's going to get fired before the end of the season regardless of how worse it gets and even him getting nudged out in the summer seems a 50/50 at best.

If that's how it pans out we can expect this club to end up destroyed. We'll be a mid table, shit kicking, boring nothing team with every player looking to jump shit and nobody wanting to come here. I can't see how that satisfies Stan's lust for asset value. It's probably true Stan won't act for the good of the football club, because he doesn't know what football is. He's even had to send his son over on a fact finding mission. But when the value of the club stops rising and starts reversing, which surely it must given the downward spiral in results and reputation and the growing resentment in the fan base, then I'm sure we'll hear from the fat leech Stan. I wonder how long that will take? I wonder how much damage will be done.

Özim
06-03-2018, 10:53 AM

:lol: When do we ever do anything quickly, as always it will take us forever to identify someone, by then everyone else would have cherry picked all the best options and we'll be left with the scraps. On the plus side you pay less for scraps, so it's win win.

Özim
06-03-2018, 10:57 AM

It's not hard, you ask him to come for a meeting at specified date and time, tell him it's not working out, pay him the year left on his contract and hand him his P45, how complicated is it?

The bigger issue is noone will have the guts or be able to sack him, if Kroenke likes him (and let's face it he couldn't care less about football and the club is still making money) there's little incentive to sack him.

All this talk about respect annoys me as well, where is the respect from him, he doesn't deserve respect the way he's behaved to be honest, that ship has long sailed.

Özim
06-03-2018, 10:58 AM

No other club cares, why should they? Football is about results, if you don't get results you get sacked, happens all the time in the normal football world, only place it doesn't happen and it's a big deal is at Arsenal.

Cripps
06-03-2018, 11:47 AM
The Times go on to say Wenger has lost the support of key directors at the club, but is hoping the strength of his relationship with Stan Kroenke will spare him the sack. That may depend on the feedback that Kroenke receives from his son, Josh. #Arsenal

HCZ
06-03-2018, 11:58 AM
The media are gorging themselves on this story

A lot of it comes from speculation or sources inside the club that are about as well connected as a mobile phone on the underground

And as for Wenger refusing to go, I doubt very much he’s said anything on the subject. It’s a case of another talking head saying “well if you ask me Wenger won’t ever go”.

This idea that they won’t sack him because it makes them look bad. Is Kroenke going to give a shit about his personal
PR like with all these things it’s a business decision.

KSE Comedy Club
06-03-2018, 12:11 PM
Who will lead the coup d'etat?

Goonermerree
06-03-2018, 12:38 PM

I think it was amateurish giving him another contract, and this season is proving that, so the board looks silly anyway IMO.

Goonermerree
06-03-2018, 12:40 PM
The media are gorging themselves on this story

TBF is is a big story especially as he seems close to going now.

Munchies
06-03-2018, 12:43 PM
Jesus just read the times article :haha:

What a sad club we've become.

Goonermerree
06-03-2018, 12:52 PM
Jesus just read the times article :haha:

What a sad club we've become.

Is there a link to it?

Cripps
06-03-2018, 01:03 PM
Who will lead the coup d'etat?

Piers Morgan.

Niall_Quinn
06-03-2018, 01:04 PM
Piers Morgan.

He can't. He handed in all his guns.

KSE Comedy Club
06-03-2018, 01:47 PM
He can't. He handed in all his guns.

Do you fancy it instead NQ?

Niall_Quinn
06-03-2018, 02:06 PM
Do you fancy it instead NQ?

Go on then.

selassie
06-03-2018, 02:20 PM

If they had any balls they would fire him now.

Yeah we know and appreciate what Wenger did more than 10 years ago but times have changed and whilst he remains in charge it looks like we are going backwards at an alarming rate.

selassie
06-03-2018, 02:23 PM
No other club cares, why should they? Football is about results, if you don't get results you get sacked, happens all the time in the normal football world, only place it doesn't happen and it's a big deal is at Arsenal.

He would have been fired at any of our supposed rivals and that includes the Spuds now.

He has absolutely no defence to be here...not one credible reason.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciated his early years at the club but that was then and this is now.

KSE Comedy Club
06-03-2018, 02:34 PM
Go on then.

Ok cool.

Press conference at 8pm

(7 is a bit early and he may put up a little bit struggle)

KSE Comedy Club
06-03-2018, 02:36 PM
They should sack him to save face rather than not sack him.

No one cares now what he was offered contract wise, he went above the boards head anyway.

All we care about now is the club and how much destruction he is causing by still being here

IBK
06-03-2018, 02:51 PM

No one cares now what he was offered contract wise, he went above the boards head anyway.

All we care about now is the club and how much destruction he is causing by still being here

Pretty much sums it up.

Cripps
06-03-2018, 02:59 PM
Lee Dixon on Steve Bould: "Bouldy does get to do some stuff in training, but not as much as he would like. Arsene went through a period of allowing him to do a little bit more. There was recognition in the press that #Arsenal looked a bit more solid. Then it all went away" https://t.co/TRVZUO9fcZ

KSE Comedy Club
06-03-2018, 03:02 PM
Lee Dixon on Steve Bould: "Bouldy does get to do some stuff in training, but not as much as he would like. Arsene went through a period of allowing him to do a little bit more. There was recognition in the press that #Arsenal looked a bit more solid. Then it all went away" https://t.co/TRVZUO9fcZ

Yeh, Wenger probably didn't want to have to answer awkward questions about improved defense if he had to acknowledge Bould's involvement.

HCZ
06-03-2018, 03:02 PM

Zero sum Wenger finding his inner Trump

If someone else gets praised, it’s not him getting praised

KSE Comedy Club
06-03-2018, 03:08 PM
He wants the plaudits for himself.

If you think about it, it only serves to reinforce what we have said and thought about his arrogant ego.

He has said himself, 'when we do well and win I am happy, when we are not doing so well, I am not happy'

It's got nothing to do with the club or the fans or how successful 'we' are.

It's all about him and him alone.

Goonermerree
06-03-2018, 03:12 PM

That went by without me knowing, what happened?

Niall_Quinn
06-03-2018, 03:32 PM

The day before the board meeting that was supposed to discuss his future, fuckwad ran off to Kroenke and persuaded the lord and master to dish up a new contract. The board was neutered and Wenger strolled back with that grin on his face and embarked on another round of destruction.

Because he loves Arsenal. Apparently.

KSE Comedy Club
06-03-2018, 03:33 PM

From what was reported, he was supposed to have a meeting with the board at the end of last season to discuss his contract extension and the rumors were that he would have to justify to them why he should stay.

But, he went straight to Stan and signed off with him instead, thus avoiding the inquest and justification.

This is why Gazidis is actively looking to oust him now, as he would have invariably had to convince Gazidis that he should stay on as manager.

Edit: it's also why we think he is a selfish cunt :good:

Cripps
06-03-2018, 03:33 PM
Wenger comes across as weird.

Marc Overmars
06-03-2018, 04:00 PM
Wenger comes across as weird.

I think he’s become more aloof as he’s grown older. I can’t imagine he’s very inspiring to play for anymore.

Goonermerree
06-03-2018, 04:30 PM
That contract thing is unbelievable and how could he get away with it? I also think he's selfish, and if you look his eyes are getting closer together, Maggie's did it and so did Tony Blair's, it won't be long until Trump's do, they're mad I tell you - mad!!!!!
Edit: Trump's may be already!

Cripps
06-03-2018, 09:38 PM
According to Le10 Sport, PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaifi has asked Wenger if he would be interested in taking over at PSG next season. #Arsenal https://t.co/lrvyCUeQ28

Swap wenger for emery?

Niall_Quinn
06-03-2018, 09:41 PM
According to Le10 Sport, PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaifi has asked Wenger if he would be interested in taking over at PSG next season. #Arsenal https://t.co/lrvyCUeQ28

:pray:

Look! I have turned down PSG to stay here! You may bow now.

He'd never go there. Can you imagine it? PSG with all those stars, playing relegation tippy-tap. He'd last 3 matches.

Penguin
06-03-2018, 11:00 PM
PSG's goal is to win the champions league - why would they want Wenger?

That makes as much sense as trying to win the lottery by throwing a brick out the window.

Marc Overmars
06-03-2018, 11:59 PM
I think he’s always had links to PSG so I wouldn’t be shocked if they do want him. If he’s not ready to retire why not give it a go, they’ve got a mega talented squad that doesn’t need a whole lot of work so it could be a nice little job for him before he calls it a day.

Niall_Quinn
07-03-2018, 12:03 AM
I think he’s always had links to PSG so I wouldn’t be shocked if they do want him. If he’s not ready to retire why not give it a go, they’ve got a mega talented squad that doesn’t need a whole lot of work so it could be a nice little job for him before he calls it a day.

Or he could totally destroy their project and set them back half a decade.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
07-03-2018, 12:33 AM
Won't they just clip, replay and vine every thing he has ever said about financial doping / petrodollar back to him....

Mac76
07-03-2018, 08:45 AM
The day before the board meeting that was supposed to discuss his future, fuckwad ran off to Kroenke and persuaded the lord and master to dish up a new contract. The board was neutered and Wenger strolled back with that grin on his face and embarked on another round of destruction.

Because he loves Arsenal. Apparently.

Typical - the only time he came up with good tactics in the last 10 years and it's to do with his contract, not the team...

Özim
07-03-2018, 09:04 AM
PSG can have their pick of any coach available, why would they go for a guy who thinks 4th place is success, who's never even won a European trophy and whose last success of note was 14 years ago?

Mac76
07-03-2018, 09:39 AM
PSG can have their pick of any coach available, why would they go for a guy who thinks 4th place is success, who's never even won a European trophy and whose last success of note was 14 years ago?

for the same reason people still hire David Moyes - for some people, if you've had a big job then that validates everything - even if you were s**t at it

Goonermerree
07-03-2018, 09:41 AM
for the same reason people still hire David Moyes - for some people, if you've had a big job then that validates everything - even if you were s**t at it

I still think Moyes was brought in because they knew the next United manager after Fergie would not come up to scratch any way. Moyes got a lot of money and United couldn't get any worse, could they?

Özim
07-03-2018, 10:12 AM

PSG wouldn't hire him, maybe other clubs do, but to be fair they are all 2nd rate clubs. Difference is though, PSG want to win the CL, they only want the best and Wenger if far and his record is poor in terms of success in the last decade.

Penguin
07-03-2018, 10:28 AM
Barring a one off like Monaco last season, PSG can walk Ligue 1. Their priority is to establish themselves as one of the major forces in Europe. That's why they brought Emery in on the back of his success in the Europa league.

It makes no sense to appoint Wenger who has never been successful in Europe.

HCZ
07-03-2018, 10:33 AM
It makes sense in the sense that the people in charge of PSG and Wenger are close therefore it’s an easy media click bait story that doesn’t stand up to any scrutiny.

The same story emerged last season, it’s just the media recycling it’s old reports

KSE Comedy Club
07-03-2018, 11:51 AM
https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/686967/Arsenal-News-Dixon-Wenger-Parlour-Kroenke-Doucoure-Cristante-Latest-Transfer-Gossip

Ray Parlour confirming what we all think about Stan

Former Gunners star Ray Parlour believes nothing will change at Arsenal as long as the bank balance keeps on increasing.

That's because he believes American owner Stan Kroenke is a business man and not a football fan.

“He has not been brought up to enjoy football, he’s more into American football and has his franchises in America.

“He is at Arsenal for one reason – to make money.

“Not being in the Champions League will affect them because they’re losing out on so much revenue.

“As long as the balance sheets are looking good, I don’t think he’s too worried about what happens [on the pitch].”

Niall_Quinn
07-03-2018, 11:54 AM
It makes sense in the sense that the people in charge of PSG and Wenger are close therefore it’s an easy media click bait story that doesn’t stand up to any scrutiny.

The same story emerged last season, it’s just the media recycling it’s old reports

And it's very useful indeed for this story to be doing the rounds at the same time Wenger is reminding us how lucky we've been that he stayed. Amazing coincidence.

IBK
07-03-2018, 01:57 PM
Typical - the only time he came up with good tactics in the last 10 years and it's to do with his contract, not the team...

selassie
07-03-2018, 02:31 PM
PSG's goal is to win the champions league - why would they want Wenger?

That makes as much sense as trying to win the lottery by throwing a brick out the window.

Cripps
07-03-2018, 03:21 PM
Arsenal eye Low to replace Wenger, with senior players growing frustrated by training and Sanchez move to Man Utd https://t.co/oLipLFyFbx

Mark actually has a source where he got that information from apparently. Personally I think Low is probably the number 1 candidate and most likely to take over.

Marc Overmars
07-03-2018, 03:25 PM
Low would be a really interesting choice. If we can get the support network around him so his only task is coaching the team, I think it could be a smart move.

The timing could be ideal too, following the World Cup rather than mid way through a qualification campaign.

GP
07-03-2018, 03:40 PM
Low eats poo

Niall_Quinn
07-03-2018, 03:50 PM
Arsenal eye Low to replace Wenger, with senior players growing frustrated by training and Sanchez move to Man Utd https://t.co/oLipLFyFbx

Mark actually has a source where he got that information from apparently. Personally I think Low is probably the number 1 candidate and most likely to take over.

So senior players were fed up with Alexis disrupting the dressing room, and now they are fed up he's in a different dressing room? Tbh, our players sound like a bunch of blouses.

Niall_Quinn
07-03-2018, 03:51 PM
Low eats poo

I suspect he does. And other stuff.

Why would we get him when there are so many decent homegrown managers available? Like Moyes (soon) and Allardyce (sooner)? Racism, probably.

Cripps
07-03-2018, 04:01 PM
Low would be a really interesting choice. If we can get the support network around him so his only task is coaching the team, I think it could be a smart move.

The timing could be ideal too, following the World Cup rather than mid way through a qualification campaign.

He certainly has the stature to come into a club like Arsenal. His club record isn't impressive, jumping from club to club on a yearly basis before joining the national team. But his attacking philosophy has been brilliant at Germany.

I done some research and he likes quick attacking football. He doesn't like his players holding onto the ball for too long and that's one of the first things he changed when taking over from Klinsmann.

A return to quick, attacking football instead of this slow, tippy tappy rubbish? Yes please.

KSE Comedy Club
07-03-2018, 04:03 PM

Why would we get him when there are so many decent homegrown managers available? Like Moyes (soon) and Allardyce (sooner)? Racism, probably.

What's Arry' up to these days?

out walking with Sandra?

:arry:

Cripps
07-03-2018, 04:07 PM
How about this.

Low was banned from the touchline for the quarter final of Euro 2008 against Portugal nor was he allowed to give any directions. He later declared that he had put 7 different scenarios to his assistant in order to contain Portugal.

Christ we need some of that.

HCZ
07-03-2018, 04:08 PM

He can meet up with Klopp for dinner

HCZ
07-03-2018, 04:10 PM
As long as he stops devouring his own dried sinal fluid I’m good with Low

He has been one of my picks to replace Wenger for a while

Cripps
07-03-2018, 04:15 PM
You like watching people on toilet watch, you can start watching him on ball scratching watch.

Cripps
07-03-2018, 04:21 PM
Just read another article on Low.

"He precision engineers plans for each team he faces".

Right that's it. Get him through the bloody door now.

HCZ
07-03-2018, 04:25 PM
You like watching people on toilet watch, you can start watching him on ball scratching watch.

Does he scratch his balls, you’ve been paying more attention than me?

Never had the dubious pleasure of watching Mr Chambers so please try to contain your enthusiasm

Niall_Quinn
07-03-2018, 04:50 PM
Just read another article on Low.

"He precision engineers plans for each team he faces".

Right that's it. Get him through the bloody door now.

Aren't you forgetting something?

A certain old goat has to be shifted first.

Respectfully, of course. In his own time.

HCZ
07-03-2018, 05:03 PM
Aren't you forgetting something?

A certain old goat has to be shifted first.

Respectfully, of course. In his own time.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1048/8552/products/JP_goat2_large.jpg?v=1516644574

Niall_Quinn
07-03-2018, 06:11 PM
BREAKING NEWS!

Wenger is still here! He's still fucking here.

Can you believe it?

What the fuck is going on?

Goonermerree
07-03-2018, 07:01 PM
BREAKING NEWS!

Wenger is still here! He's still fucking here.

Can you believe it?

What the fuck is going on?

No, get out!

Niall_Quinn
07-03-2018, 07:28 PM
The board hasn't even given the manager their full public support. Nothing has been done to get rid. This is complacency at its most catastrophic.

Cripps
07-03-2018, 09:43 PM
ALLEGRI PLEASE.

scallywag
08-03-2018, 11:41 AM
If there is a God please remove the curse known as AW, he is killing the club and still thinks he is the man to sort it out.

Cripps
08-03-2018, 11:47 AM
If there is a God please remove the curse known as AW, he is killing the club and still thinks he is the man to sort it out.

NQ's 2nd account :bow:

Niall_Quinn
08-03-2018, 12:14 PM
NQ's 2nd account :bow:

2nd :haha:

How naive can you get?

KSE Comedy Club
08-03-2018, 02:22 PM
Grimandi has been talking to skysports news - defending Wenger and talking shit.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/11280936/arsenal-boss-arsene-wenger-should-not-be-targeted-says-club-scout

Despite accepting that Arsenal's recent poor form had left them in a difficult position, Grimandi insisted Wenger should not be targeted.

"What's happening right now is tough, it's hard to take for those of us at the club," Grimandi told L'Equipe.

"There were mistakes made this season but people mustn't target Arsene, especially as the situation is difficult, not dramatic.

"Yes we're sixth in the league, but we're still in the hunt for the Europa League. And between winning that competition and finishing fourth in the Premier League, I prefer to win a trophy knowing that - in both cases - you have a Champions League place"

"A coach is judged over the long term. People have called Arsene an avant-garde coach for a long time, because he was able to identify a clear style of play at Arsenal, and now he's supposed to be all at sea in that area? That makes no sense."

What a fucking prick.

Niall_Quinn
08-03-2018, 02:38 PM
Grimandi has been talking to skysports news - defending Wenger and talking shit.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/11280936/arsenal-boss-arsene-wenger-should-not-be-targeted-says-club-scout

What a fucking prick.

He doesn't realise it, it seems, but he's also highlighting the gulf between Wenger's genius and his present day incompetence. Maybe he's a secret revisionist too. More likely he's a lapdog though.

Marc Overmars
08-03-2018, 02:41 PM
Grimandi is one the biggest yes men we have.

Wouldn’t take any notice of what he has to say.

He’s shit at his job too, he’s been our French scout for years and hasn’t picked up anyone from the current crop of super talent France has.

Niall_Quinn
08-03-2018, 02:43 PM

He’s shit at his job too, he’s been our French scout for years and hasn’t picked up anyone from the current crop of super talent France has.

Are you forgetting Sanogo?

Power n Glory
08-03-2018, 03:14 PM

The original yes man.

Power n Glory
08-03-2018, 03:18 PM
Just had a thought. We must be getting Joachim Low as our coach. With Lehmann and Per taking up behind the scene roles, the German guy from Dortmund, Ozil signing a new contract and it's the European Championship this year so it must be Low's last tournament with Germany. It's the German invasion at Arsenal.

HCZ
08-03-2018, 03:19 PM
Just had a thought. We must be getting Joachim Low as our coach. With Lehmann and Per taking up behind the scene roles, the German guy from Dortmund, Ozil signing a new contract and it's the European Championship this year so it must be Low's last tournament with Germany. It's the German invasion at Arsenal.

Fuck

They are finishing off the job the Luftwaffe started

Power n Glory
08-03-2018, 03:21 PM

Or it the World Cup this year? :unsure:

Power n Glory
08-03-2018, 03:39 PM
You should seek help.

HCZ
08-03-2018, 03:40 PM
You should seek help.

You should seek a method of escape for your head from the entrapment of your own anus

Niall_Quinn
08-03-2018, 03:56 PM

Well hopefully the French do the usual and surrender.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
08-03-2018, 04:39 PM

One of the few nations the English hate more than the French. Nicely done. :d

Bumble
09-03-2018, 07:24 AM
One of the few nations the English hate more than the French. Nicely done. :d

If Low could bring the German squad with him then that would be a plus.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
09-03-2018, 11:21 AM
The best of them already play for Munich or Real, so I wouldn't bank on it. Draxler we could have signed at virtually any point.

I do have to laugh not to cry at the fact the French have a golden era of talent and we don't have any of it.

Letters
09-03-2018, 11:34 AM
If Low could bring the German squad with him then that would be a plus.

Ja, Gunners, Ja!

Goonermerree
09-03-2018, 11:35 AM
... as long as no one mentions the war, we'll be fine.

Cripps
09-03-2018, 11:42 AM
Arsene Wenger says Sir Alex Ferguson and other managers have been in touch to offer him support. He’s been feeling disastrous & hasn’t been sleeping well. Backs his players to come through this intense storm. Interview now on Sky Sports News.

Cripps
09-03-2018, 11:42 AM
Arsene Wenger: Fans don’t hate me personally, they hate the manager who’s not winning games for them. I’m suffering. 30 million Arsenal are suffering.

No, we hate you.

Goonermerree
09-03-2018, 11:44 AM
Arsene Wenger: Fans don’t hate me personally, they hate the manager who’s not winning games for them. I’m suffering. 30 million Arsenal are suffering.

No, we hate you.

Wenger is so out of touch with reality. Read any Arsenal forum and most want Wenger out and many have started to hate him.

Mac76
09-03-2018, 02:17 PM
Arsene Wenger says Sir Alex Ferguson and other managers have been in touch to offer him support

So ferguc**t still hates Arsenal then...

Marc Overmars
09-03-2018, 02:22 PM
Arsene Wenger says Sir Alex Ferguson and other managers have been in touch to offer him support. He’s been feeling disastrous & hasn’t been sleeping well. Backs his players to come through this intense storm. Interview now on Sky Sports News.

Boo hoo, man earning 10m a year can't sleep because people think he's doing a shit job.

Sod off and retire then you dinosaur.

Cripps
09-03-2018, 02:34 PM
John Cross live on beIN SPORTS; says it was confirmed and reaffirmed to him by someone who knows the situation very well that AW is absolutely not stepping down this summer. He is determined to carry on.

Niall_Quinn
09-03-2018, 02:43 PM
John Cross live on beIN SPORTS; says it was confirmed and reaffirmed to him by someone who knows the situation very well that AW is absolutely not stepping down this summer. He is determined to carry on.

Shocker.

Wenger the man is gone and all that is left is selfishness in material form.