PDA

View Full Version : Match Reaction Arsenal 0-3 Gypos

Niall_Quinn
01-03-2018, 09:37 PM
GET

OUT

Xhaka Can’t
01-03-2018, 09:37 PM
There were only 56000 left in the stadium at the full time.

McNamara That Ghost...
01-03-2018, 09:38 PM
At least we've found a way to stop Man City scoring four times.

Niall_Quinn
01-03-2018, 09:38 PM
There were only 56000 left in the stadium at the full time.

55,000 tops. Tops.

Goonermerree
01-03-2018, 09:39 PM
City are so boring, go 3 up, then don't even play.

Niall_Quinn
01-03-2018, 09:42 PM
Missed the first half. Failed to miss the second half.

Didn't see anything at all in that second half that suggests we have a functional football team.

This is the inevitable conclusion that so many knew had to come the moment that cunt ran to the cunt yank for his ridiculous contract. A reward for failure and a prelude to further failure. It's unimaginable to think he gets to complete his second year. What possible reason could there be for letting him persist with this?

Goonermerree
01-03-2018, 09:43 PM
Missed the first half. Failed to miss the second half.

Didn't see anything at all in that second half that suggests we have a functional football team.

This is the inevitable conclusion that so many knew had to come the moment that cunt ran to the cunt yank for his ridiculous contract. A reward for failure and a prelude to further failure. It's unimaginable to think he gets to complete his second year. What possible reason could there be for letting him persist with this?

That's exactly what Ian Wright said on Monday. It would be a shock if he resigned tonight, but one can hope.

Goonermerree
01-03-2018, 09:46 PM
Just realised that we didn't make any substitutions, then again, we didn't really have anybody on the bench.

Niall_Quinn
01-03-2018, 09:48 PM
Owen Coyle just resigned as Ross County manager.

Coincidence?

Press conference at 7PM tomorrow?

Goonermerree
01-03-2018, 09:49 PM
I bet Wenger's excuse will be that City come from oop north, so they're used to the cold. the cold made us a leetle bit sluggish.

McNamara That Ghost...
01-03-2018, 09:53 PM
Scraping the gravel where the bottom of the barrel used to be.

Letters
01-03-2018, 09:54 PM
I watched "Interstellar" instead.
Me :bow:
Much better use of time.

So can't sensibly comment on the game other than to say I stupidly thought we might actually get something tonight - apart from "humiliated", I mean.
We've got a very good home record this year so I thought we had a chance of a draw at least.
Silly me :lol:

Master Splinter
01-03-2018, 09:57 PM
"I believe we gave our all but as well it is difficult when Manchester City's coach from Wembley to Manchester set off ten minutes earlier than our concorde from Wembley to Islington. It is hard to take, yes."

Globalgunner
01-03-2018, 10:02 PM
Hope Josh was watching

21_GOONER_SALUTE
01-03-2018, 10:08 PM
Luckily I only tuned in for the last 7 mins of the game.

To think there was a time when there was a legit argument on the G.O.A.T, where more than half of the country thought AW was a better coach than Fergie; that no individual could get more from players than our wonderful French genious..... I'll prolly revisit our Owen Coyle thread for a laff this weekend.

Niall_Quinn
01-03-2018, 10:14 PM
Wenger hasn't appeared for the TV interviews yet.

21_GOONER_SALUTE
01-03-2018, 10:17 PM
Oh and speaking of Fergie.... I hope his new Bestie has better luck convincing him of the joys of walking out on your contract on a "high".... because the odds of us facing a relegation scrap next season must be more than halved by now.

Niall_Quinn
01-03-2018, 10:22 PM
Wenger speaking now.

We were low on confidence.

We needed to be level at half time but they took advantage of our lack of confidence.

We put a huge effort in, the best of the year.

Their quality made it difficult for us.

Goals were preventable, soft defending.

We needed the penalty to have a slight chance to come back, but it was a blow for us.

It's tough, it's explainable because of what happened on Sunday and all the hype about our performance.

Huge effort from the players today but weak defending.

Look, we focus on the performances and when the pressure is on like that strong organisations unite and not divide. We need to stay together and work to get the confidence back.

You want people to be euphoric when you are 3-0 down? You can think that, and it was cold today. But you want to earn the confidence of your fans.

We've played twice against the best side in the country, but we have quality and we want to show that.

Of course, I have absolute confidence. We have done it before.

Transparency is good but too much is not good.

Letters
01-03-2018, 10:23 PM
Wenger hasn't appeared for the TV interviews yet.

Murder suicide? :pray:

Niall_Quinn
01-03-2018, 10:25 PM
Murder suicide? :pray:

No, they wouldn't let me in.

dostoy
01-03-2018, 10:25 PM
"overwall, I sink that overwall we were a bit shit overwall"

But seriously, I am very happy, I would have been even happier with 6 or 7 nil for Man City and even fewer Arsenal fans in attendance tonight.

Arsenal are looking good to win the biggest trophy for 14 years this summer, just think of it, it will be like winning the PL, the CL and beating Spuds 10-0 all in one go.

If Arsenal lose every game from now until the end of the season, I would STILL not be confident that he will go in the summer, he will NOT decide to leave himself, he will have to be pushed.

Who the fuck is going to sack him, that is the bit I cannot see an answer to.

Wenger must go, it is the ONLY way things are going to improve.

This is why I want heavy defeats every game and smaller attendances, especially at the Emirates.

Have faith Arsenal can do it, they are that bad but its got to get worse before it gets better.

Niall_Quinn
01-03-2018, 10:26 PM
Henry being touted for the job.

Marc Overmars
01-03-2018, 10:58 PM
Lose to Milan and I don’t think he’s seeing out the season.

It’s happening guys, finally. There’s no chance he can be in charge next season. None whatsoever.

It’s sad, it really didn’t need to end like this. The bloke looks like he’s had the shit kicked out of him every time he’s on that touchline. For his own health he should walk away.

HCZ
01-03-2018, 11:05 PM
I don’t know, this reminds me of Wenger at the moment

https://youtu.be/trDsXlDJIbM

fakeyank
01-03-2018, 11:07 PM
Cant wait for Arsenal Fan TV

:dancingman:

Xhaka Can’t
01-03-2018, 11:32 PM
Why?

AFTV is more stale than this team.

Xhaka Can’t
01-03-2018, 11:34 PM
Henry being touted for the job.

That would be a poor appointment.

Sure it would appease some fans, but we really need an experienced manager with good pedigree.

Henry would be a massive gamble and I don’t see the payoff.

Marc Overmars
01-03-2018, 11:38 PM
I don’t even feel comfortable criticising him anymore and frankly I don’t even see the point now. Everyone in the game knows he’s got nothing left to give and needs to move on. We didn’t even play that badly tonight but we were well beaten because we can’t even hope to compete with these teams anymore.

It’s gone well beyond the stage of who could replace him and how much better or worse off we’d be without him. It’s about an obsessed old man who’s probably sending himself to an early grave because he can’t let go. What happens after him now is becoming irrelevant because of this relentless misery surrounding the club.

Xhaka Can’t
01-03-2018, 11:45 PM
There truly is nothing left to say. No debate to be had. A caretaker manager until the end of the season would be light years better than where we are now.

In terms of hope or expectation for this season, we are at rock bottom.

Letters
01-03-2018, 11:46 PM
Lose to Milan and I don’t think he’s seeing out the season.

It’s happening guys, finally. There’s no chance he can be in charge next season. None whatsoever.

It’s sad, it really didn’t need to end like this. The bloke looks like he’s had the shit kicked out of him every time he’s on that touchline. For his own health he should walk away.

For all the failures, the FA Cup last year meant he had one last chance to go out with some dignity. Soon as he signed the new contact he was asking for it if we didn't seriously challenge this year.
Shame it has to end this way.

Xhaka Can’t
02-03-2018, 12:03 AM
Not launching a serious challenge for the title is one thing. This isn’t even a serious challenge for the top 4.

The way we are trending, Burnley are more likely to challenge us for league position than we are any of the teams above us.

It isn’t that we even need to appoint a new manager right now, we just need rid of Wenger. A caretaker will do. Anything will do - anything other than continuing as we are.

Marc Overmars
02-03-2018, 12:19 AM
Some people weren’t even that excited to see Aubameyang arrive because of the feeling that literally no player could lift this team because of Wenger.

Auba has looked average and that’s being kind. Just like Lacazette before his injury. The place has turned into a graveyard for players of any ability, it’s the clearest sign he no longer knows what he’s doing with his team.

Niall_Quinn
02-03-2018, 02:16 AM
We'll go on a run.

Niall_Quinn
02-03-2018, 02:16 AM
Oh no, wait. We can't do that. The players will get too tired.

We'll go on a walk then.

Goonermerree
02-03-2018, 06:52 AM
"I knew the first half would be difficult for us after Sunday...'
If I'd been a player, I would have been determined to get revenge, not be a cowering wimp they way Wenger portrayed them.

Bumble
02-03-2018, 07:21 AM
I actually watched the whole game... and City are a quality side and worth watching. There goals were really good and the sort of goals we used to score..... a decade ago.

I still think Mustafi is worse than Xhaka. Brighton away next.... so that should be fun. Think its time to scrap the league and just go for the Europa.

This will be Wengers last season. Keep the faith and keep believing as it does make things a bit better.

Xhaka Can’t
02-03-2018, 08:05 AM
I actually watched the whole game... and City are a quality side and worth watching. There goals were really good and the sort of goals we used to score..... a decade ago.

Except it wasn’t a decade ago.

It is now more like 12 years ago.

For the first few years of that period, I was fully on board. A huge amount of capital had been built up and we had made a huge move at the wrong time through no fault of or own.

However we were sold a future, and while it was a long time ago, I can’t recall anyone from the club promising a tsunami of shit.

KSE Comedy Club
02-03-2018, 08:09 AM
Has he been sacked yet?

selassie
02-03-2018, 08:28 AM

I still think Mustafi is worse than Xhaka. Brighton away next.... so that should be fun. Think its time to scrap the league and just go for the Europa.

This will be Wengers last season. Keep the faith and keep believing as it does make things a bit better.

Aye, I actually enjoyed City’s football in the first half TBH, they were a joy to watch. I totally accept they are a much better team than us, honestly I don’t think one single player from Arsenal could make their team, many of our players would struggle to even get on their bench.

Last night was a stark reminder how far we have fallen, it was a non-contest. We aren’t a rival of there’s, not in the slightest.

I honestly don’t care what happens from now until the end of the season, winning the Europa which I don’t think we are capable of will only paper over the cracks, we have a team that lacks direction and character and a manager who is way past his sell by date.

dostoy
02-03-2018, 09:15 AM
Some people on here are talking as if its over and its inevitable that he will go in the summer, that is far from the case.

Who is going to sack him ?

It needs to get worse for that to happen and I'm far far far from certain that he will be sacked and he will NOT walk away himself.

Marc Overmars
02-03-2018, 09:29 AM
Only way I see him staying is if we win the Europa. That's the defiance he'd use to prolong his stay like he did with the FA Cup last year.

Our involvement in that competition is the only thing keeping this season afloat. Without that we're finished, it's only just gone March and we're almost a lock to finish 6th, he can't survive that.

dostoy
02-03-2018, 09:34 AM
Who is going to sack him then ?

The same person gave him a 2 year deal just 12 months ago.

Unless it gets worse, he will still be here next season.

Niall_Quinn
02-03-2018, 09:41 AM
It depends if he can keep the press onside. They are shifting and if they all go the other way in one big block then he's done. They'll do the job the fans wouldn't do and hound him out. They won't do it for the good of Arsenal, they'll do it for their circulation figures. It won't be personal, it'll be business. And it will be nasty, messy and extreme. A major victim caught in their bear trap to be ripped apart. That's how he'll go if he insists on trying to stay.

Our board are gutless, they'll let the media do the job for them.

The fear for the fans is twofold. If the press abuse gets too severe the fans might rally behind the manager. And if we somehow fluke the Europa Cup, and it most certainly will be an outrageous fluke and bizarre set of circumstances if we somehow end up winning that, we get the CL qualification, Stan gets his money and suddenly we are back in deep, deep shit with Wenger finding that route to see out the remainder of his contract.

It could happen. Nothing is done yet.

Marc Overmars
02-03-2018, 09:45 AM

It is getting worse every week. I think for the first time ever the Emirates truly voted with their feet last night and that won't have gone unnoticed.

Niall_Quinn
02-03-2018, 09:49 AM
It is getting worse every week. I think for the first time ever the Emirates truly voted with their feet last night and that won't have gone unnoticed.

They have the snow to act as cover for that, so it's not cut and dried. And the hard core away fans will turn up at Brighton so it'll all be quietly brushed away as an anomaly. Extremely lucky break for Wenger we don't have a home match next up. He's survived on a string of such extremely lucky breaks.

Marc Overmars
02-03-2018, 09:52 AM
They have the snow to act as cover for that, so it's not cut and dried. And the hard core away fans will turn up at Brighton so it'll all be quietly brushed away as an anomaly. Extremely lucky break for Wenger we don't have a home match next up. He's survived on a string of such extremely lucky breaks.

With a full allocation of Man City fans there, the snow excuse can comfortably be laughed off.

Niall_Quinn
02-03-2018, 10:02 AM
With a full allocation of Man City fans there, the snow excuse can comfortably be laughed off.

Of course. But it won't be. Not by the club. And I can see why not from some perspectives. Ivan must be cursing. He's trying to negotiate sponsorship deals and Wenger is delivering up a constant stream of shit as the bargaining chip. The club can't afford to admit people are losing interest, because that will result in the club losing money, potentially a lot of money. Exactly what so many of us knew was gong to happen if Wenger was permitted to stay. Exactly what Ivan knew was going to happen too, I suspect.

selassie
02-03-2018, 10:45 AM

Kroenke won't extend him if we have an half empty stadium until the end of the season. Gazidis who by all accounts appears to want Wenger out now has a lot of justification, he did before...but now Wenger has absolutely no defence to stay. Moreover, if the new guys are on Gazidis's side then Wenger is a dead man walking.

Wenger isn't even making the club money anymore, I don't see how Kroenke can defend that.

selassie
02-03-2018, 10:46 AM

Yep, what I think too.

Niall_Quinn
02-03-2018, 10:54 AM
Kroenke won't extend him if we have an half empty stadium until the end of the season. Gazidis who by all accounts appears to want Wenger out now has a lot of justification, he did before...but now Wenger has absolutely no defence to stay. Moreover, if the new guys are on Gazidis's side then Wenger is a dead man walking.

Wenger isn't even making the club money anymore, I don't see how Kroenke can defend that.

I think Kroenke will do what he always does in these situations - buy a ranch.

selassie
02-03-2018, 11:01 AM

:haha:

Goonermerree
02-03-2018, 11:05 AM

Might as well buy three or four before the money runs out.

Cripps
02-03-2018, 11:36 AM
Le grove has an interesting theory.

Kroenke and Wenger are very tight so Kroenke can't sack Wenger. By bringing his son over and giving him a senior role at the club, Josh can be the one to let Wenger go.

Marc Overmars
02-03-2018, 12:35 PM
I agree with what Carragher said, announce his departure for the end of the season and the remaining 2 months can be played out without this ridiculous poison that’s being drip fed into the club every week.

Cripps
02-03-2018, 04:23 PM
Wenger says last night was not all negative, there were positives :lol:

Marc Overmars
02-03-2018, 04:37 PM
We didn’t play badly but it was still a pretty limp dick effort, we barely laid a glove on them, few pot shots at goal constitutes positives for us? It’s incredible how low standards have been allowed to drop and there is a section of the fanbase responsible for facilitating that.

HCZ
02-03-2018, 04:48 PM
Le grove has an interesting theory.

Kroenke and Wenger are very tight so Kroenke can't sack Wenger. By bringing his son over and giving him a senior role at the club, Josh can be the one to let Wenger go.

Weird theory

I can’t let you go but my son can?

Don’t get me wrong I think Kroenke jnr might be the one to pull the trigger but I think that’s because Stan has his hands full with the Rams and other real estate investment rather than sentimentality....of which he has none.

Cripps
02-03-2018, 04:55 PM
Weird theory

I can’t let you go but my son can?

Don’t get me wrong I think Kroenke jnr might be the one to pull the trigger but I think that’s because Stan has his hands full with the Rams and other real estate investment rather than sentimentality....of which he has none.

It happened at a previous company I worked at. The commercial director was bum chums with the MD. The commercial director was underperforming but the MD couldn't let him go. He made the commercial director report into someone else and that guy gave him his P45 eventually :shrug:

HCZ
02-03-2018, 04:57 PM
It happened at a previous company I worked at. The commercial director was bum chums with the MD. The commercial director was underperforming but the MD couldn't let him go. He made the commercial director report into someone else and that guy gave him his P45 eventually :shrug:

Ha interesting anecdote

Still not convinced Kroenke is the sentimental type though.

Pretty hard nosed character from what I’ve read about him from the perspective of the other side of the pond

Of course he’s praised Wenger to the hilt, he’s been from his perspective up till now a model employee

Put it this way I don’t think they are close mates on the phone to each other all the time. They probably see each other twice a year if that. Kroenke has been able to be totally hands off with Arsenal and now it’s starting to go belly up big time, “boy why don’t you go over there and see how everything works, don’t forget to take the bottle of scotch and the loaded revolver with you”

AFC Leveller
02-03-2018, 07:12 PM
Details of a team meeting (players only) following our cup final defeat:

he speech was delivered by one of the senior players in the Arsenal dressing room but he did not finish it. He was too choked up as he reflected on how such a talented squad had come to resemble a bunch of drifters. He said his children were asking him why Arsenal were so bad. That was the moment when the tears welled in his eyes.

Another Arsenal player stepped in. “We are a big club,” he said, tapping into the rallying cry theme. “But we need more help from the coaches.” That was when the damning judgment was articulated. It had actually been the motivation for the players to gather in the first place – without Arsène Wenger. “It’s not going to happen,” one of them said. “We need to find the answers ourselves.”

It was Tuesday of this week – the day of the first training session after Sunday’s Carabao Cup final humbling against Manchester City. The meeting of the players at London Colney was not aggressive in its tone, even if there were frank exchanges. It was more plaintive; coloured by soul-searching and a certain helplessness. It shone a glaring light on why Wenger’s time as the manager is up.

It is too easy in times of crisis to say the lavishly rewarded modern footballer does not care. The Arsenal squad do care; they beat themselves up over how they have slipped from Champions League to Europa League level. It embarrasses them that the fans have been so unhappy with so many of their performances. This is their livelihood. They have professional pride.

(The Guardian)

-ceri

selassie
02-03-2018, 07:23 PM
I agree with what Carragher said, announce his departure for the end of the season and the remaining 2 months can be played out without this ridiculous poison that’s being drip fed into the club every week.

Aye, me too. I don’t often agree with him but he was spot on yesterday.

Cripps
02-03-2018, 07:31 PM
Announce Wenger.

Announce Conte. :pray:

Marc Overmars
02-03-2018, 07:33 PM

he speech was delivered by one of the senior players in the Arsenal dressing room but he did not finish it. He was too choked up as he reflected on how such a talented squad had come to resemble a bunch of drifters. He said his children were asking him why Arsenal were so bad. That was the moment when the tears welled in his eyes.

Another Arsenal player stepped in. “We are a big club,” he said, tapping into the rallying cry theme. “But we need more help from the coaches.” That was when the damning judgment was articulated. It had actually been the motivation for the players to gather in the first place – without Arsène Wenger. “It’s not going to happen,” one of them said. “We need to find the answers ourselves.”

It was Tuesday of this week – the day of the first training session after Sunday’s Carabao Cup final humbling against Manchester City. The meeting of the players at London Colney was not aggressive in its tone, even if there were frank exchanges. It was more plaintive; coloured by soul-searching and a certain helplessness. It shone a glaring light on why Wenger’s time as the manager is up.

It is too easy in times of crisis to say the lavishly rewarded modern footballer does not care. The Arsenal squad do care; they beat themselves up over how they have slipped from Champions League to Europa League level. It embarrasses them that the fans have been so unhappy with so many of their performances. This is their livelihood. They have professional pride.

(The Guardian)

-ceri

I’d like to know how that was leaked...

But anyway if it’s true then it’s fair to say he really has lost them. Or maybe he never had them to begin with, I can’t imagine he’s a very inspiring personality to be around anymore.

HCZ
02-03-2018, 08:00 PM
I don’t have the slightest bit of sympathy for them

Crocodile Tears, this is very mercenary behaviour to try and make sure the blame goes to Wenger and not to them

I consider there to be enough blame to go around, ultimately Wenger is the one the buck stops with and his job should be immediately forfeit

But these players should all be on a pay as you play contract to actually realise what it is to earn money

In summary: Cunts!

Cripps
02-03-2018, 08:34 PM
If that is true it's shocking.

Goonermerree
02-03-2018, 09:01 PM

(The Guardian)

-ceri
Don't buy into that, they are made up for three lifetimes.

Power n Glory
02-03-2018, 09:04 PM
These meetings are nothing new. Merts is the one that called it and he we've seen these reports of a player meeting before. The Guardian have one side of the story. Other sources say the players were blaming each other and Merts called for them to put aside their differences and fights for Wenger.

Niall_Quinn
02-03-2018, 10:30 PM

(The Guardian)

-ceri

And then, timidly at first but with gathering confidence, a small goat at the back bleated, "Two legs bad, four legs good!"

And in that moment, the gathered hoard remembered back to a time before the pigs and their wicked enforcers. And some recalled the old cart horse who had strived to build the dream that had now shattered before their eyes. And others remembered Snowball and wondered at his fate.

And the Guardian said, good, I can work with with this. It's in the same vein as the bullshit we peddle. And some of the stupider fans will lap it up, and provided their number is in the majority we may even get away with this absolute bullshit. For we are the Guardian, purveyors extraordinaire of #fakeNews.

And all agreed that none of this ever happened but was still fit for consumption. And all were happy because another day of skiving had been won.

Niall_Quinn
02-03-2018, 10:32 PM
Don't buy into that, they are made up for three lifetimes.

Fake news. The Guardian has spent the last 2 years literally making up news as they go. It's the biggest joke in British media and even the stupid cocks who actually pay to consume that shit are catching on. Look at the comments section. Amid the lost lefties who will always be lost the cry rises - Oh Purleeeez!

Cripps
02-03-2018, 10:41 PM
45 minute inquest after apparently :coffee:

Isn't this like the 3rd inquest this season :coffee:

Arsene Wenger warns underperforming Arsenal stars that their futures are on the line - just like his
https://t.co/3u3W1udKFP https://t.co/a2ETyi2rqJ

Niall_Quinn
02-03-2018, 10:50 PM

Arsene Wenger warns underperforming Arsenal stars that their futures are on the line - just like his

All bullshit. Total, utter , bullshit.

So what if they had a meeting led by our "captain"?

Our captain doesn't even get on the pitch, and that's all anyone needs to know. After that, everything else is irrelevant.

Look at the history of our captains since Adams and Vieira. Exactly. None of it is real.

Power n Glory
03-03-2018, 08:38 AM
All bullshit. Total, utter , bullshit.

So what if they had a meeting led by our "captain"?

Our captain doesn't even get on the pitch, and that's all anyone needs to know. After that, everything else is irrelevant.

Look at the history of our captains since Adams and Vieira. Exactly. None of it is real.

It's the same source that said Alexis and Kosienly had a training ground bust up. A player from the club is leaking information and why not if they've lost faith in the manager? If Wenger is walking around telling players that their Arsenal career is on the line, when it's actually his career on the line, how much respect can you hold for this him when he's so arrogant.

HCZ
03-03-2018, 08:42 AM
In fairness he might have a point, if Wenger goes it also does raise questions over the playing careers of a lot of the squad as well. Is he telling them this to protect his own worthless hide? Yes of course but doesn’t make it untrue.

Cripps
03-03-2018, 08:54 AM
Probably Bellerin that's the mole. Guy sounds like he's had enough tbh.

Goonermerree
03-03-2018, 09:16 AM

Bolting, horse and stable door comes in to mind!

Power n Glory
03-03-2018, 09:23 AM
In fairness he might have a point, if Wenger goes it also does raise questions over the playing careers of a lot of the squad as well. Is he telling them this to protect his own worthless hide? Yes of course but doesn’t make it untrue.

Who cares about their career at Arsenal at this point? He's trying to appeal to their self interest but only those on comfy wages that can't even dream of playing at a bigger club should feel threatened. Those with a serious confidence issue. But why would you want to stay at Arsenal under Wenger if you're that insecure about your skills? Wenger is speaking of his own fears in this case. Fighting to save your career at Arsenal under Wenger is self sabotage.

Cripps
03-03-2018, 09:38 AM
More on the post mortem:

https://youtu.be/XV6DxA1xlhg

Cripps
03-03-2018, 09:39 AM
I've just realised bellerin in that leaked audio says there's no coaching and in the guardian article they say a player chips in and says we need guidance from coaches :coffee:

Mac76
03-03-2018, 12:09 PM
Announce Wenger.

Announce Conte. :pray:

i'd be happy with that - the way Conte's talking about Chelsea is promising - apart from his comment about needing to spend enough on players, which doesn't seem to fit well with the Kroen-ic approach

Cripps
03-03-2018, 02:32 PM
The Sun claim Koscielny was the #Arsenal player that broke down in tears during the players’ crisis meeting because his children had been asking him why the club were so bad. https://t.co/6RhIhX36yS

The Sun also say Ivan Gazidis, along with fellow directors Sir Chips Keswick & Lord Harris of Peckham, no longer believe Arsene Wenger is the right man to lead the club. #Arsenal https://t.co/jb0XjZCefq

Niall_Quinn
03-03-2018, 02:39 PM
The club that never says a word is suddenly leaking all over the place. Same as previous seasons when the inevitable crisis point arrived. New managers coming in, players in tears because they love the fans so much. Sure.

Buying a bit of time, trying to prevent things falling off a cliff. Pinning every last hope on the Europa. Win that and things can carry on as usual.

I hope the fans don't fall for it. Wenger should be already gone. The fact he isn't is extremely worrying.

Power n Glory
03-03-2018, 03:34 PM
The Sun claim Koscielny was the #Arsenal player that broke down in tears during the players’ crisis meeting because his children had been asking him why the club were so bad. https://t.co/6RhIhX36yS

The Sun also say Ivan Gazidis, along with fellow directors Sir Chips Keswick & Lord Harris of Peckham, no longer believe Arsene Wenger is the right man to lead the club. #Arsenal https://t.co/jb0XjZCefq

Talk about being stripped of your pride. Kos is a bit of a wimp but he'll have more to cry about when he sees this leak. That's presented in an embarrassing way and will lead to more issues in the dressing room. But he has to man up in this situation.

Niall_Quinn
03-03-2018, 04:11 PM
The Sun also say Ivan Gazidis, along with fellow directors Sir Chips Keswick & Lord Harris of Peckham, no longer believe Arsene Wenger is the right man to lead the club.

Too little, too late. They should resign too.

Cripps
03-03-2018, 04:15 PM
That doesn't help much though does it, it was them 3 that wanted him out last season too :shrug:

Globalgunner
03-03-2018, 07:39 PM
That doesn't help much though does it, it was them 3 that wanted him out last season too :shrug:

Letters said no

LDG
03-03-2018, 08:04 PM
Letters said no

Wait until the emd of the season. You can’t possibly judge him now.

AFC Leveller
03-03-2018, 08:37 PM
We (45 points) are closer to West Brom (20th on 20 points) than we are to City (75).

AFC Leveller
03-03-2018, 08:42 PM
As Arseblog said the other day, the board are also to blame for the shit that’s going on. Wenger said a few months ago that Gazidis has nothing to do with transfers but then pics were leaked of Gazidis alongside Sven and the contract fella at Dortmund. Seems like he is either being undermined or is finally being told who’s boss.

selassie
03-03-2018, 09:37 PM
Talk about being stripped of your pride. Kos is a bit of a wimp but he'll have more to cry about when he sees this leak. That's presented in an embarrassing way and will lead to more issues in the dressing room. But he has to man up in this situation.

Aye, it’s embarrassing. Instead of crying to each other and having secret meetings away from Wenger & his yes men, shouldn’t Koscielny as captain go to Wenger on behalf of the team & demand that Wenger coaches them properly. That’s the kind of shit I want to hear that is leaked, not captains having breakdowns because their children think the team they lead is rubbish.

Kos is supposed to be leading by example FFS!

Power n Glory
03-03-2018, 09:39 PM
As Arseblog said the other day, the board are also to blame for the shit that’s going on. Wenger said a few months ago that Gazidis has nothing to do with transfers but then pics were leaked of Gazidis alongside Sven and the contract fella at Dortmund. Seems like he is either being undermined or is finally being told who’s boss.

I don't think the Board have the final say. It all seems to rest on Kroenke. Last summer, it sounded as if the Board wanted Wenger gone but Wenger went straight to Stan and got a new contract.

I can understand Stan and even certain Board members being out of touch but I put a lot of blame on Wenger because he sees the results, sees the reaction from the fans and players week in week out but puts self interest above it all.

Power n Glory
03-03-2018, 09:40 PM
Aye, it’s embarrassing. Instead of crying to each other and having secret meetings away from Wenger & his yes men, shouldn’t Koscielny as captain go to Wenger on behalf of the team & demand that Wenger coaches them properly. That’s the kind of shit I want to hear that is leaked, not captains having breakdowns because their children think the team they lead is rubbish.

Kos has no backbone. He shouldn't be our captain.

AFC Leveller
03-03-2018, 09:45 PM
'I clearly am not very happy about what is going on, I think that there probably ought to be a change of management. He has done fabulously well, it is just he has overstayed his welcome.'

- Ex Arsenal Chairman Peter Hill-Wood

LDG
03-03-2018, 09:50 PM
'I clearly am not very happy about what is going on, I think that there probably ought to be a change of management. He has done fabulously well, it is just he has overstayed his welcome.'

- Ex Arsenal Chairman Peter Hill-Wood

Thank you for your interest in our affairs.

Cripps
03-03-2018, 10:35 PM

Surprised he got so emotional. I read somewhere Koscielny doesn't care whether we win or lose.. if we lose it doesn't bother him and he just gets on with it :shrug: you can tell from his game and demeanour tbh, when was the last time Koscielny went ape shit :shrug:

Niall_Quinn
03-03-2018, 11:26 PM
I thought Merts was still the captain. Must have forgotten it passed to Kos. A captain who doesn't play, succeeded by a captain who doesn't talk. Not exactly McLintock/ Adams material. But, the main thing, neither pose a threat to Il Duce's supremacy.

Cripps
04-03-2018, 12:51 PM
Ramsey confirmed as the mole. He's Wenger out apparently :lol:

The dropping of Bellerin suggests he's probably the second one.

Cripps
05-03-2018, 10:41 PM
The Sun claim Bellerin is furious with Arsene Wenger after being axed just 2 hours before the Brighton game. Bellerin believes he's being made a scapegoat for #Arsenal's dreadful form. https://t.co/KMenNBwhnJ

Bellerin the mole will deffo be off this summer then :lol:

Cripps
05-03-2018, 11:01 PM
According to the Sun, after the final whistle yesterday Wenger barely said a word, leaving the players to sit & stare vacantly at each other again. #Arsenal https://t.co/cclirSozsN

Realisation hit? :pray: