View Full Version : Brighton away match reaction

Cripps
04-03-2018, 03:24 PM
13 points behind 4th :haha:

Globalgunner
04-03-2018, 03:26 PM

We are useless
But we have spirit and togetherness....Oh we no longer have togetherness. We have quality.

Cripps
04-03-2018, 03:26 PM
We can't compete with Brighton's oil money.

Cripps
04-03-2018, 03:28 PM
We cannot win the title officially :haha:

McNamara That Ghost...
04-03-2018, 03:29 PM
I'm not seeing the greater good.

Marc Overmars
04-03-2018, 03:31 PM
Over a third of our games lost.

How this manager is still here is beyond me, we have no idea where our next win is coming from. Sack him and get a caretaker in, the season is as good as written off so lets just begin to plan for the future. This can't be allowed to continue.

Goonermerree
04-03-2018, 03:32 PM

How this manager is still here is beyond me, we have no idea where our next win is coming from. Sack him and get a caretaker in, the season is as good as written off so lets just begin to plan for the future. This can't be allowed to continue.

I totally agree, things may have to get a bit worse before they get better any way, so what have we to lose?

Niall_Quinn
Forgive me for stating the obvious. But, WENGER OUT!

Munchies
:haha:

Goonermerree
04-03-2018, 03:33 PM
On another note, I've just put acestream up and it's working brilliantly, great, clear picture. Arsenal play mucking up my streams.

Master Splinter
04-03-2018, 03:33 PM
Another proud Wenger record proudly broken by Wenger as we lose to a promoted team for the first time since 1934.

selassie
04-03-2018, 03:34 PM

It can’t but it will!

Wenger will continue to dig his heels in “Looook, everybody thinks we would get relegated, we are doing ok, Looook I turned down every club in the world and I’m still here, I always respect my contracts”. :rolleyes:

Goonermerree
04-03-2018, 03:35 PM
Another proud Wenger record proudly broken by Wenger as we lose to a promoted team for the first time since 1934.

I thought Hull beat us a few years back when they'd just come up.

AFC Leveller
04-03-2018, 03:36 PM
Selfish sad old man, fuck off you are ruining the club. His legacy is tarnished and he wont realise this until he is hounded out of the club.

go away you senile old fool.

Goonermerree
04-03-2018, 03:37 PM
Any other club would have sacked him by now.

HCZ
04-03-2018, 03:37 PM

I don't know where you got that record

Last time we lost to a newly promoted team was 2012 against both Swansea and QPR

Gubby Allen
04-03-2018, 03:38 PM
That was easy money, 4/1 on a Brighton win.

Niall_Quinn
04-03-2018, 03:38 PM

Last time we lost to a newly promoted team was 2012 against both Swansea and QPR

Possibly an exaggeration to reinforce a point?

Regardless, we did give Brighton their first points against a "top 6" team. So helpful we are, as well you know.

McNamara That Ghost...
04-03-2018, 03:39 PM
Any other club would have sacked him by now.

Any other club are begging him to stay.

Master Splinter

You mean Wenger hasn't been here since before the second World War?

Gubby Allen
I thought Hull beat us a few years back when they'd just come up.

They did, at the Emirates, with that Geovanni goal.

Goonermerree

Regardless, we did give Brighton their first points against a "top 6" team. So helpful we are, as well you know.

Wenger likes to spread the love!

Marc Overmars
04-03-2018, 03:40 PM
I'm not seeing the greater good.

There is no good regardless of the results anymore.

This team is finished.

Niall_Quinn
04-03-2018, 03:40 PM
You mean Wenger hasn't been here since before the second World War?

He caused the second WW! When he invaded Poland.

Master Splinter
04-03-2018, 03:41 PM

At this rate, we're going to have to play ourselves to reignite our season. It works for every other shit team we play.

Gubby Allen
04-03-2018, 03:42 PM
Those Brighton fans celebrations look a daft at the end.

They beat Arsenal. It's hardly Man City. That's like celebrating kicking a blind mans stick away from him.

Niall_Quinn
At this rate, we're going to have to play ourselves to reignite our season. It works for every other shit team we play.

Two teams tapping it from side to side, both with 75% possession and no shots on goal?

No thanks.

HCZ

We had the handbrake a little bit on the panzer tanks

Master Splinter
04-03-2018, 03:43 PM

That was Pires with the dive.

Goonermerree
04-03-2018, 03:43 PM
Those Brighton fans celebrations look a daft at the end.

They beat Arsenal. It's hardly Man City. That's like celebrating kicking a blind mans stick away from him.

I don't blame them, they are fighting for their Premiership lives.

Cripps
04-03-2018, 03:46 PM
What's with the change in thread title? Is GW going all politically correct now?

Niall_Quinn
04-03-2018, 03:48 PM
We have Burnley in May, just after we get hammered by Utd. That could decide if we win the 6th place trophy. Unless Leicester start closing in. In which case a glorious 8th place Cup could be on the cards.

Globalgunner
04-03-2018, 03:49 PM
This is an ideal situation for us to show our fighting spirit and quality. Do not forget, we have already qualified for Europe courtesy of our CC win against City. We cannot be relegated and cannot be caught by Burnley...or can we

Gubby Allen
04-03-2018, 03:49 PM
I don't blame them, they are fighting for their Premiership lives.

With a guaranteed three points as soon as the game kicked off. They've had a couple of weeks to get used to knowing that they only had to turn up a couple of minutes before kick off, they probably didn't even need to get changed to pick up the three points.

Cripps
04-03-2018, 03:51 PM
Cech tweeting already :lol:

Goonermerree
04-03-2018, 03:53 PM
Cech tweeting already :lol:

It would be more useful if he got between the sticks and started practicing.

Niall_Quinn
04-03-2018, 03:55 PM
LGBT is a politically correct term

I'd have used the term fruity fun boys

It's not, actually. It's now politically incorrect and discriminatory.

There's a real time feed available somewhere that gives the very latest correct term. It's about 15 letters long now and involves many Qs.

Mac76
We have Burnley in May, just after we get hammered by Utd. That could decide if we win the 6th place trophy. Unless Leicester start closing in. In which case a glorious 8th place Cup could be on the cards.

I reckon Watford will see their game against us a 6-pointer too

Goonermerree
Has Wenger spoken yet? Has he been sacked yet?

Marc Overmars
04-03-2018, 03:56 PM
Time to let Ospina play out the remainder of the season.

Old man Cech looks horrific everytime the ball is near him.

Niall_Quinn
04-03-2018, 03:56 PM
Has Wenger spoken yet? Has he been sacked yet?

Why do you want him to speak? Don't you already know what he's going to say?

What on earth makes you imagine he'd be sacked? There's no indication whatsoever that will happen.

This is what happens when you step beyond, and into the Twilight Zone.

Goonermerree
04-03-2018, 03:58 PM
Tottenham are 13 points ahead of us!!!

Niall_Quinn
04-03-2018, 03:58 PM
I reckon Watford will see their game against us a 6-pointer too

No lows are off the table. Apart from the German one.

It's hard to know how bad it could get. We're still all laughing at the prospect of relegation. But give Wenger another season and let's see if we're still laughing.

Goonermerree
04-03-2018, 03:59 PM
Why do you want him to speak? Don't you already know what he's going to say?

What on earth makes you imagine he'd be sacked? There's no indication whatsoever that will happen.

This is what happens when you step beyond, and into the Twilight Zone.

I want to hear him squirm when asked awkward questions. I think he will be gone soon, just a feeling.

Letters
04-03-2018, 03:59 PM
Team Meetings :bow:

Marc Overmars
04-03-2018, 04:00 PM

Koscielny’s kids for calling their dad shite. :bow:

Niall_Quinn
04-03-2018, 04:00 PM

Not the same without Theo.

Cripps
04-03-2018, 04:01 PM
Someone check on Koscielny :lol:

Goonermerree
04-03-2018, 04:01 PM
Show offs, City showing the cup. Show offs. We let 'em win, we're above that cup.

Globalgunner
04-03-2018, 04:02 PM
Someone check on Koscielny :lol:

He got a cheque on friday that cheered him up.

Mac76
04-03-2018, 04:04 PM
No lows are off the table. Apart from the German one.

It's hard to know how bad it could get. We're still all laughing at the prospect of relegation. But give Wenger another season and let's see if we're still laughing.

I stopped laughing at that a while ago...

Marc Overmars
04-03-2018, 04:06 PM
Apparently Sergio Ramos has more career goals than Welbeck. Wow :haha:

Cripps
04-03-2018, 04:07 PM
Wenger: "A quality of manager is as well to shorten the crisis. Until now I've managed to do it. I believe I can do it." [@jamesbenge] #afc https://t.co/Wi3AKbTBYH

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Niall_Quinn
04-03-2018, 04:07 PM
Some fan has just called into AFTV and claimed Wenger and Kroenke are having an affair :haha:

"Their relationship is a bit more than it should be..."

If this is true then it's disgusting.

Goonermerree
04-03-2018, 04:10 PM
"It is difficult to recover from what happened to us last week - we are going through a tough time

Come off it Wenger, don't blame last week for today's debacle.

Cripps
04-03-2018, 04:12 PM
Wenger: "Nothing is permanent. We have to continue to recover now. We play Thursday, Sunday, Thursday. It’s impossible."

Blaming the schedule this season then:rolleyes:

Niall_Quinn
04-03-2018, 04:13 PM
Wenger: "Nothing is permanent. We have to continue to recover now. We play Thursday, Sunday, Thursday. It’s impossible."

"Continue" to recover?

So this loss was all part of the "recovery"?

Guy is genuinely delusional. He's got mental issues and should be in a hospital.

Marc Overmars
04-03-2018, 04:14 PM

It’s only now he’s using more first team players in he Europa, otherwise their schedule has been pretty light relatively speaking. Second string for the Milk Cup run and second string throughout the EL group stage. Plus no FA Cup after throwing it.

Proper fraud.

Cripps
04-03-2018, 04:16 PM
Wenger on turning the season around: "Yes, because I have done it before. It’s the first time I lost so many games on the trot. I believe I can do it."

He's going nowhere :haha: :haha:

Niall_Quinn
04-03-2018, 04:16 PM
He's completely lost. He can't even find his way into the ground.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVOh91jG5q8

Goonermerree
04-03-2018, 04:20 PM
Wenger on turning the season around: "Yes, because I have done it before. It’s the first time I lost so many games on the trot. I believe I can do it."

He's going nowhere :haha: :haha:

He thinks he's going nowhere!##

Niall_Quinn
04-03-2018, 04:21 PM
People were also laughing when it was claimed Wenger was the worst manager in the league. Well, in 2018 he now has the worst record in the league. So this isn't an opinion any more, it's a fact. The laughter needs to stop and the reality needs to sink in.

Then it was claimed he's the worst manager in world football. That's still a matter of opinion, but give him more time. Wait and see.

Goonermerree
04-03-2018, 04:22 PM
He's completely lost. He can't even find his way into the ground.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVOh91jG5q8
Bellerin looks like a girl.

Niall_Quinn
04-03-2018, 04:23 PM
Bellerin looks like a girl.

Plays like one too.

Cripps
04-03-2018, 04:25 PM
So most of the team went over to the away fans but the afghan hound looking mole just walked straight down the tunnel apparently :shrug:

HCZ
04-03-2018, 04:30 PM
i love how people think they will learn anything from wenger's press conferences, did we think he was going to say "you're right i can't hack it anymore and i'm resigning". We wish he would and think he should, but doesn't mean he's going to.

Kroenke and Son need to be throwing in the towel for him

Niall_Quinn
04-03-2018, 04:32 PM
i love how people think they will learn anything from wenger's press conferences, did we think he was going to say "you're right i can't hack it anymore and i'm resigning". We wish he would and think he should, but doesn't mean he's going to.

The press farces are useful because they reinforce how out of touch he is and might flush out the last few Wenger cultists.

hobson's choice
04-03-2018, 04:34 PM
Good win for Brighton

Goonermerree
04-03-2018, 04:37 PM

It's just become amusing listening to a string of excuse; We didn't have enough rest, we had too long between matches, so we weren't sharp. We were too upset from losing before. We just can't play thursday and Sunday, Wednesday and Saturday we can do. And on and on and on...

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
04-03-2018, 04:37 PM

I read this and just thought.....does anything else really need to be said.....

Master Splinter
04-03-2018, 04:38 PM
The press farces are useful because they reinforce how out of touch he is and might flush out the last few Wenger cultists.

https://michaelsherlockauthor.files.wordpress.com/2016/05/screen-shot-2012-03-07-at-10-56-11-am.png?w=640

Pictured: The last few Wenger cultists. Letters can be seen on the second row.

Niall_Quinn
04-03-2018, 04:39 PM
https://michaelsherlockauthor.files.wordpress.com/2016/05/screen-shot-2012-03-07-at-10-56-11-am.png?w=640

Pictured: The last few Wenger cultists. Letters can be seen on the second row.

That's an old photo. This week he was front row.

Marc Overmars
04-03-2018, 04:45 PM
Remember when it was thought that Alexis was apparently toxic for the dressing room? :lol:

Glad to see that theory has proven to be shit, we’re even worse without him.

Munchies
04-03-2018, 05:14 PM
https://youtu.be/Q6mkeKfTeHc

Niall_Quinn
04-03-2018, 05:19 PM
https://youtu.be/Q6mkeKfTeHc

He's totally oblivious to the last 10 years, isn't he? He just can't see it. A mental blank spot. Total delusion, total denial. Tangible mental illness.

He really believes the schedule and a cup final loss are the big issues.

Niall_Quinn
04-03-2018, 05:20 PM
Remember when it was thought that Alexis was apparently toxic for the dressing room? :lol:

Any winner is going to be incompatible with that dressing room.

dostoy
04-03-2018, 05:22 PM
Can you remember last season when in about 8 weeks Arsenal only beat 2 non-league teams, Wenger was handed a 2 year deal.

What is happening now is NOWHERE NEAR enough to get him out.

He will be here next season unless Arsenal start losing games 3-0 or worse and very few supporters attend.

Cripps
04-03-2018, 05:24 PM
He thinks the negativity from fans is because we lost the carling cup final :lol:

The painful thing is you just know that dumb yank will fall for it :lol:

Niall_Quinn
04-03-2018, 05:24 PM
The prepared answer on Ramsey was hilarious.

Cripps
04-03-2018, 05:25 PM
Can you remember last season when in about 8 weeks Arsenal only beat 2 non-league teams, Wenger was handed a 2 year deal.

What is happening now is NOWHERE NEAR enough to get him out.

He will be here next season unless Arsenal start losing games 3-0 or worse and very few supporters attend.

Yeah I'm struggling to see who will have the balls to push him at the end of the season :lol:

The board can put the case to Stan but Wenger will have a meeting with him regardless and push his BS and excuses and that dumb yank will fall for it :lol:

He's going nowhere.

Cripps
04-03-2018, 05:30 PM
:faint: guess who has thrown in the Wenger towel

:faint: GeoffArsenal

:lol: The biggest Wenger supporter. I cannot believe this :lol:

@GeoffArsenal: There comes a day when reality bites you on the arse and I think today is the day. These players are not doing the job and sadly the manager will always have to take responsibility. It’s over.

:rose:

Munchies
04-03-2018, 05:33 PM
https://youtu.be/FDopoe35XRM

Munchies
04-03-2018, 05:40 PM
:faint: guess who has thrown in the Wenger towel

:faint: GeoffArsenal

:lol: The biggest Wenger supporter. I cannot believe this :lol:

@GeoffArsenal: There comes a day when reality bites you on the arse and I think today is the day. These players are not doing the job and sadly the manager will always have to take responsibility. It’s over.

:rose:

LOL

Niall_Quinn
04-03-2018, 05:42 PM
These PATHETIC Wenger In cultists don't even have the balls to say Wenger In any more. Instead they are pinning their hopes on an "end of the season" plan and the desperate, pie in the sky hope we'll somehow win the Europa under this loon. It's been like that for a while now. They say, reluctantly, yes, he has to go. But not now. They are as gutless as him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFyQ1sve_DE

Pressure must be kept up or this guy will never leave. The Wenger cultists have been driven to accepting he has to go (at some future point) and now they need it explained to them that if they feel he should go then surely it means they agree he's not good enough anymore and, therefore, why shouldn't he be sacked today? What's the reason for keeping him on? Well you hear this guy say it. Wenger built Arsenal, there was no Arsenal before Wenger. Arsenal is Wenger, Wenger is Arsenal. So we need to show reverence and bow and scrape and ask Wenger politely if he would consider leaving.

Spineless. Like their God.

Cripps
04-03-2018, 05:42 PM
These PATHETIC Wenger In cultists don't even have the balls to say Wenger In any more. Instead they are pinning their hopes on an "end of the season" plan and the desperate, pie in the sky hope we'll somehow win the Europa under this loon. It's been like that for a while now. They say, reluctantly, yes, he has to go. But not now. They are as gutless as him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFyQ1sve_DE

Pressure must be kept up or this guy will never leave. The Wenger cultists have been driven to accepting he has to go (at some future point) and now they need it explained to them that if they feel he should go then surely it means they agree he's not good enough anymore and, therefore, why shouldn't he be sacked today? What's the reason for keeping him on? Well you hear this guy say it. Wenger built Arsenal, there was no Arsenal before Wenger. Arsenal is Wenger, Wenger is Arsenal. So we need to show reverence and bow and scrape and ask Wenger politely if he would consider leaving.

Spineless. Like their God.

Why do you watch that crap and get yourself so worked up?

Niall_Quinn
04-03-2018, 05:45 PM

Because some of these fans reflect elements of the fan base. And we have seen this lot abusing and even attacking sane fans who are not bound up in the cult of Wenger. And it's useful to know every aspect of how and why this guy can possibly still be in a job. Otherwise we are guessing.

Cripps
04-03-2018, 05:46 PM
Because some of these fans reflect elements of the fan base. And we have seen this lot abusing and even attacking sane fans who are not bound up in the cult of Wenger. And it's useful to know every aspect of how and why this guy can possibly still be in a job. Otherwise we are guessing.

The deep analysis and intense anger was done and dusted last season bro.

Just laugh.

It'll make things easier.

Niall_Quinn
04-03-2018, 05:53 PM
The deep analysis and intense anger was done and dusted last season bro.

Just laugh.

It'll make things easier.

I'd quite like weekends to go back to enjoying football. And Wenger deliberately stands in the way of that. Full stop. I don't want to take up tennis, I want to watch football. What we have now is not football. I don't even demand we win. But I want to watch with a hope we can win, or else what's the point. And Arsenal was here before Wenger and I was an Arsenal fan before Wenger. So it won't be me going, it'll be him.

21_GOONER_SALUTE
04-03-2018, 05:54 PM

Every single pro-Wenger deflective theory has and will continue to be proven wrong for as long as the coward overstays his shelf life. Already Citeh are leading the Chavs so his 3 games in a week excuse is being blown out the water. To think we were a club who could use a team of pimple faced boys to get a result against a Brighton in the not to distant past

Finally we have the Arsene FC that some of us had always warned about. I hope we as fans will never make a mistake like this in my lifetime and never ever think any individual is on par let alone bigger than the club.

AW's instragience exposes him as a man without shame or honour and ultimately a Fraud... we need to write the next chapter in this club's history now. We owe him fuck all !!

Niall_Quinn
04-03-2018, 05:56 PM
Here's another delusional fool with the memory of a goldfish. He doesn't seem to remember that Wenger caused all that contract shit just a year ago. So now we need to swim around the bowl again.

FUCK YOU MOH YOU CUNT! FUCK YOU!

You aren't part of the Wenger Out crowd anyway, so don't worry about that. Worry about the fact you are a cunt!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iw09zi98BVE

Mac76
04-03-2018, 06:00 PM

Seconded

Niall_Quinn
04-03-2018, 06:23 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00mkwwFRl-A

A bit reserved for my tastes, but along the right lines.

Niall_Quinn
04-03-2018, 06:27 PM
Our new manager - thank fuck!

https://images.amcnetworks.com/ifc.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/083111_scarface.jpg

HCZ
04-03-2018, 06:37 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DXdYXNEXkAIhYpD.jpg:large

Wibble

Xhaka Can’t
04-03-2018, 06:54 PM
He's totally oblivious to the last 10 years, isn't he? He just can't see it. A mental blank spot. Total delusion, total denial. Tangible mental illness.

He really believes the schedule and a cup final loss are the big issues.

Except it isn’t 10 years.

It is 12 years. And in those 12 years we have progressed into being the worst Arsenal team since the Premierleagueship was formed.

The Emirates Gallactico
04-03-2018, 06:57 PM
Geoff's officially gone now. :rose:

https://twitter.com/GeoffArsenal/status/970333200911425537

All that's left is Ty from Arsenal Fan TV.

Cripps
04-03-2018, 07:12 PM
Sky don't think anyone can take over from Wenger :lol:

"we're struggling to name anyone that can rebuild" :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
04-03-2018, 07:14 PM
That's because much like Merse if any foreign manager got the job they'd fall off their chairs.

Marc Overmars
04-03-2018, 07:16 PM
I do think this decline is making the task of the next manager harder. There are plenty of managers out there who should be good enough to have a go, this weird apprehension about life after Wenger is odd given how poor we are with him anyway.

AFC Leveller
04-03-2018, 07:25 PM
ARSENE Wenger has been warned that he has until 2029 to win the Premier League or face the consequences.

Arsenal chief executive Ivan Gazidis said: “The club cannot go on like this. We need change and we need it within the next decade and a bit.

“Otherwise, difficult as it would be to dismiss a 79-year-old with his best years in management still ahead of him, Mr Wenger could find himself looking for a new job.”

But fan Norman Steele said: “This short-termist hire-and-fire mentality is everything that is wrong with modern football.

“Wenger needs time to build a team, then build another team.

“Then build a team again.”

Bumble
04-03-2018, 08:32 PM
Plus points are we only lost by one goal so things are improving. Also another plus point - I am saving money by having no desire to go and watch arsenal play so that is a plus point. I was nearly tempted by the Milan game but as its the 2nd leg we could well be out by then so whats the point.

Wenger wont be manager for next season.

HCZ
04-03-2018, 08:34 PM
Either the Kroenkes want to wait until we are out of the Europa League before they make a decision or they are hoping Wenger walks away (which he won't) so they don't have to pay him for the rest of his contract.

Niall_Quinn
04-03-2018, 08:37 PM
Either the Kroenkes want to wait until we are out of the Europa League before they make a decision or they are hoping Wenger walks away (which he won't) so they don't have to pay him for the rest of his contract.

That's a good point. They may be so incredibly greedy then don't want to pay the old goat off. Hadn't thought of that but it makes sense when you think what a dirty, scum bastard Kroenke is.

Bumble
04-03-2018, 08:38 PM

If we get knocked out at the last 16 stage as usual then Wenger will have to call it a day. He has to realise how bad things are. People keep saying he is an intelligent man, so its time for him to show it.

dostoy
04-03-2018, 08:43 PM
Wenger wont be manager for next season.

I hope you are right but I don't see HOW its going to happen.

Wenger will not walk away, he is stubborn beyond belief, blind to the obvious and very very well in with Kroenke.

Is Kroenke going to sack him after giving him a 2 year deal only 12 months ago ?

Arsenal need to lose every match left this season and have small attendances at home for his job to even be questioned.

I think he WILL be the manager next season and this is not a wind up its genuine.

Niall_Quinn
04-03-2018, 08:46 PM

Wenger will not walk away, he is stubborn beyond belief, blind to the obvious and very very well in with Kroenke.

Is Kroenke going to sack him after giving him a 2 year deal only 12 months ago ?

Arsenal need to lose every match left this season and have small attendances at home for his job to even be questioned.

I think he WILL be the manager next season and this is not a wind up its genuine.

Unfortunately there's a strong possibility that may happen if the fans don't pile on the pressure. They HAVE to stop going to the games. Trouble is, they have already paid for the tickets, so it's difficult. And if you drop the season ticket it might be hard to get another one later, when a new manager comes in. So the dirty cunts have everything swinging their way.

Perhaps season tickets should be banned and clubs should have to charge on the day. That would introduce a bit of accountability which seems to be very lacking in the the modern scam game.

HCZ
04-03-2018, 08:48 PM
No i think he's done, it's just a lot more of this shit to come before it happens unfortunately

Marc Overmars
04-03-2018, 08:52 PM
Last year it was the FA Cup standing in the way of clarity and this year it is the EL.

As much as I’d love to win the EL I’m not going to lie, there is a part me of that doesn’t care if we’re dumped out ASAP just so there are no further caveats.

Bumble
04-03-2018, 09:02 PM

i just have to believe he wont be here next season. i just cant see any logical reason for this malaise to continue. I know in football logic goes out of the window but it just has to happen.

Niall_Quinn
04-03-2018, 09:08 PM
i just have to believe he wont be here next season. i just cant see any logical reason for this malaise to continue. I know in football logic goes out of the window but it just has to happen.

As always and as fans we assume the aim is to win. This is probably our huge mistake. All the talk of the 4th place trophy that has gone on over the years is a clear indicator that this club is not geared to win, but rather to do enough to provide financial growth. So the real decision will likely revolve around that, can Wenger still provide financial growth? Happily I think even the answer to that question is no, but who has a clue how Kroenke views it? He bought in with insider knowledge, no doubt about that. He even said he'd never have been interested if the goal was to win trophies. So what's going to happen in football in the next few years and will Wenger be an asset in those terms, or a liability? I'm thinking the Euro super league. That's the next shoe to drop for the ultra rich to help them get richer.

Meanwhile the fans scratch their heads and wonder how a manager so out of his depth in terms of what happens on the pitch can be retained. We could be a thousand miles away from the path Kroenke is following. He doesn't give a shit about football, he only cares about the money he can make from it.

Cripps
04-03-2018, 09:13 PM

Agree with this. Who's gonna sack him? :lol:

He needs to realise himself and he doesn't, he still thinks he can turn it around :lol:

Plus Kroenke is in love with him. Arsenal :rose:

Bumble
04-03-2018, 09:15 PM
As always and as fans we assume the aim is to win. This is probably our huge mistake. All the talk of the 4th place trophy that has gone on over the years is a clear indicator that this club is not geared to win, but rather to do enough to provide financial growth. So the real decision will likely revolve around that, can Wenger still provide financial growth? Happily I think even the answer to that question is no, but who has a clue how Kroenke views it? He bought in with insider knowledge, no doubt about that. He even said he'd never have been interested if the goal was to win trophies. So what's going to happen in football in the next few years and will Wenger be an asset in those terms, or a liability? I'm thinking the Euro super league. That's the next shoe to drop for the ultra rich to help them get richer.

Meanwhile the fans scratch their heads and wonder how a manager so out of his depth in terms of what happens on the pitch can be retained. We could be a thousand miles away from the path Kroenke is following. He doesn't give a shit about football, he only cares about the money he can make from it.
yeah he is only interested in money but there is no money to be made in football owning a club unless you intend to sell. to sell the club needs to be worth selling so has to compete regularly in the top European competition. Premier league tv rights actually reduced in the last sell out, so there is hope that owning football clubs becomes boring.

I know you have criticised Citys approach but I believe they have invested a lot into the local community as well, so there is something commendable about that, plus they are actually really good to watch instead of when the chavs spent a load of cash to play out 1-0 matches.

it would also be nice to have something else to discuss... the arsenal issues are like brexit, same problems repeated ad nauseum.

Cripps
04-03-2018, 09:18 PM
yeah he is only interested in money but there is no money to be made in football owning a club unless you intend to sell. to sell the club needs to be worth selling so has to compete regularly in the top European competition. Premier league tv rights actually reduced in the last sell out, so there is hope that owning football clubs becomes boring.

I know you have criticised Citys approach but I believe they have invested a lot into the local community as well, so there is something commendable about that, plus they are actually really good to watch instead of when the chavs spent a load of cash to play out 1-0 matches.

it would also be nice to have something else to discuss... the arsenal issues are like brexit, same problems repeated ad nauseum.

We invested a lot in the community too. The care in community scheme where we offered a contract to Sanogo.

HCZ
04-03-2018, 09:23 PM

No at all, he is never going to sell Arsenal

The value of money is always depreciating, value of assets can rise and fall. Someone's worth is tied up in what they own rather than what's in the bank

Arsenal are always going to have great value and long term there is very little Wenger can do to that.

Cripps
04-03-2018, 09:25 PM
No at all, he is never going to sell Arsenal

The value of money is always depreciating, value of assets can rise and fall. Someone's worth is tied up in what they own rather than what's in the bank

Arsenal are always going to have great value and long term there is very little Wenger can do to that.

Yep. Aren't his other assets not doing too well? LA Rams only picked up recently when he appointed the youngest coach in the league and they're doing better now.

Why would he sell his biggest asset and cash cow? We're his flagship corporation.

He's going nowhere.

Niall_Quinn
04-03-2018, 09:37 PM

He's already said he has no intention of selling. And Usmanov sitting there seems to make him more determined to stick to that policy.

Don't worry about the reducing TV revenues, that will all take care of itself. When one hype machine starts to fail the hype merchants will build a new one. If CL footie is the big deal then just imagine how much earnings potential (which translates into asset value) can be guaranteed with a Euro super league stitch up where we are automatically qualified year after year. That's what the greed merchants have been after forever and they always get their way in the end. And I'd bet that's what Kroenke sees as the end game. A money printing machine as part of Europe's 32 elite clubs, regardless of the actual performance of the team. Thing is, would we beat the spuds to that slot now? Or the gypos? Has the Arab cash bought them respectability? If so, if our position is threatened then Kroenke might act. Another year of Wenger might cause questions to be asked in the corrupt heart of European footie. Could the spuds make them more cash than Arsenal, because that's the only thing they care about too.

Personally I think they'll "solve" the problem by awarding 6 slots to the cash cow PL teams. More of a bung for them and more of a TV market to follow along. And all this may have already been decided. Like everything else, they wouldn't tell us until it was a done deal.

Cripps
04-03-2018, 10:17 PM
https://twitter.com/ManUnitedTalk/status/970299177765883904?s=19

We deserve everything we get:lol:

Niall_Quinn
04-03-2018, 10:22 PM
https://twitter.com/ManUnitedTalk/status/970299177765883904?s=19

We deserve everything we get:lol:

Those cunts aren't fans, they are saboteurs.

Cripps
04-03-2018, 10:23 PM
Don't worry guys, we need to stay united :lol:

Koscielny: "We need to stay united; it's a bad period but we need everyone who likes this club - players, fans & staff - to be together & to fight to be as high as we can" #Arsenal https://t.co/fo0k8laBnK

Cripps
04-03-2018, 10:45 PM
Everton line up sensational move for Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger - EXCLUSIVE | @DavidWoodsStar
https://t.co/3mi8sAxyvQ

Everton:lol: :pray:

Marc Overmars
04-03-2018, 10:47 PM

Koscielny: "We need to stay united; it's a bad period but we need everyone who likes this club - players, fans & staff - to be together & to fight to be as high as we can" #Arsenal https://t.co/fo0k8laBnK

This guy is our leader. :lol:

He’s always the first to crack when things go tits up.

Chippy
04-03-2018, 11:12 PM
Tottenham are 13 points ahead of us!!!

Spud!!!

Niall_Quinn
04-03-2018, 11:38 PM
Everton line up sensational move for Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger - EXCLUSIVE | @DavidWoodsStar

LOOOOOOOOOOOL

The total destruction of a football club. Why? What has Usmanov got against them?

Goonermerree
05-03-2018, 07:34 AM
Spud!!!
Not bloody likely, just pointing out how far we are behind them.

KSE Comedy Club
05-03-2018, 07:47 AM
He still thinks he can turn it around.

Delusional

Goonermerree
05-03-2018, 07:50 AM

I bet Everton fans are having nervous breakdowns at the prospect.

selassie
05-03-2018, 07:52 AM
ARSENE Wenger has been warned that he has until 2029 to win the Premier League or face the consequences.

Arsenal chief executive Ivan Gazidis said: “The club cannot go on like this. We need change and we need it within the next decade and a bit.

“Otherwise, difficult as it would be to dismiss a 79-year-old with his best years in management still ahead of him, Mr Wenger could find himself looking for a new job.”

But fan Norman Steele said: “This short-termist hire-and-fire mentality is everything that is wrong with modern football.

“Wenger needs time to build a team, then build another team.

“Then build a team again.”

classic!

selassie
05-03-2018, 08:00 AM

You forgot the ending?!

He burst into tears.....

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BouncyEvilBream-size_restricted.gif

Cripps
05-03-2018, 09:59 AM
David Moyes' #MUFC team after 29 games: 48 points

Arsene Wenger's Arsenal team after 29 games: 45 points

Marc Overmars
05-03-2018, 10:04 AM
Yet believe it or not, there are still fans who remain shit scared for life after Wenger when all their initial fears are coming to fruition with him in charge anyway.

IBK
05-03-2018, 10:08 AM
I'd quite like weekends to go back to enjoying football. And Wenger deliberately stands in the way of that. Full stop. I don't want to take up tennis, I want to watch football. What we have now is not football. I don't even demand we win. But I want to watch with a hope we can win, or else what's the point. And Arsenal was here before Wenger and I was an Arsenal fan before Wenger. So it won't be me going, it'll be him.

This. Like the fact that the guy on AFTV mirrored my observation on here about AW being the Robert Mugabe of football :lol:

Goonermerree
05-03-2018, 10:10 AM
David Moyes' #MUFC team after 29 games: 48 points

Arsene Wenger's Arsenal team after 29 games: 45 points

That is so depressing. Want Wenger to stay - be careful what you wish for!!!!!

HCZ
05-03-2018, 10:48 AM
This. Like the fact that the guy on AFTV mirrored my observation on here about AW being the Robert Mugabe of football :lol:

Ridiculous analogy

They managed to get rid of Mugabe

IBK
05-03-2018, 11:22 AM
Ridiculous analogy

They managed to get rid of Mugabe

True :lol:

Cripps
05-03-2018, 11:28 AM
Arsenal fan breaks down in tears on BBC Radio 5 Live during emotional call-in with club legend Ian Wright https://t.co/RTrhMjFtGy https://t.co/XZeoa5ou0D

This is just getting so embarrassing. We are the biggest laughing stock in world football FFS.

Goonermerree
05-03-2018, 11:30 AM
Arsenal fan breaks down in tears on BBC Radio 5 Live during emotional call-in with club legend Ian Wright https://t.co/RTrhMjFtGy https://t.co/XZeoa5ou0D

This is just getting so embarrassing. We are the biggest laughing stock in world football FFS.

I know I heard that, what a baby, he obviously doesn't have too much to worry about in his life. What is happening at the club is bad, but not crying about it bad.

Niall_Quinn
05-03-2018, 11:31 AM
I know I heard that, what a baby, he obviously doesn't have too much to worry about in his life. What is happening at the club is bad, but not crying about it bad.

I was crying when that second goal went in yesterday.

But it was tears of laughter as I watched our defending.

Marc Overmars
05-03-2018, 11:38 AM

What a faggot. Someone should tell that bloke to grow a pair. Crying because we’re shite, he must have a pretty easy life.

HCZ
05-03-2018, 11:40 AM
Everton want Wenger as manager???

Marc Overmars
05-03-2018, 11:41 AM
Everton want Wenger as manager???

Theo. :haha:

Cripps
05-03-2018, 11:44 AM
What a faggot. Someone should tell that bloke to grow a pair. Crying because we’re shite, he must have a pretty easy life.

Can you not use the term faggot please. Maccy will be offended.

Goonermerree
05-03-2018, 11:46 AM
I was crying when that second goal went in yesterday.

But it was tears of laughter as I watched our defending.

Well there is that, but they're not baby tears!

Niall_Quinn
05-03-2018, 11:47 AM

OMG. Even the thought of that provokes my deepest sympathy. He'd probably jump off the roof of the stadium.

HCZ
05-03-2018, 11:48 AM

I am offended as well

Please use proper terms

Poof, Queer or Bender

Shit Stabber is also acceptable

Letters
05-03-2018, 11:50 AM
Sounds like something you'd use on that bloke in custody.

Cripps
05-03-2018, 11:56 AM
I am offended as well

Please use proper terms

Poof, Queer or Bender

Well you can't use LGBT on here apparently...

Letters
05-03-2018, 12:00 PM

I don't mind 'L' ##

Özim
05-03-2018, 01:56 PM

Would be hilarious if this happened :lol: although quite why anyone would want Wenger is beyond me.

To be fair though he's been rubbish at Everton too since he moved, think lack of talent might just be the issue with him.

HCZ
05-03-2018, 01:59 PM
I don't mind 'L' ##

Because it gives a woman an excuse for not wanting to sleep with you?

Yes I’ve probably used that one before

Letters
05-03-2018, 02:01 PM
What else could it be? :sulk:

HCZ
05-03-2018, 02:02 PM

I don’t think it’s political correctness just being a bit anal (to coin a phrase)

I had my post altered for a match thread for us vs Stoke (the orcs) at the Britannia stadium (Mordor)

KSE Comedy Club
05-03-2018, 02:04 PM
Yeh, Match thread titles are just no fun anymore :sulk:

HCZ
05-03-2018, 02:04 PM
What else could it be? :sulk:

Being short and having a face that looks like a primitive photo fit of Fred West
Oh and a microcephalic penis as well

Letters
05-03-2018, 02:05 PM
Apart from that :angry:

:getcoat:

Cripps
05-03-2018, 02:10 PM
I don’t think it’s political correctness just being a bit anal (to coin a phrase)

I had my post altered for a match thread for us vs Stoke (the orcs) at the Britannia stadium (Mordor)

I thought GW was an oppression free, politically correct free, pedantic free institution?

Cripps
05-03-2018, 02:11 PM
Yeh, Match thread titles are just no fun anymore :sulk:

Let's call a meeting and ask for better modding.

Niall_Quinn
05-03-2018, 02:13 PM

I don't mind turning up and doing a bit of crying. Then I can go out and get my arse kicked by some pub drunk.

KSE Comedy Club
05-03-2018, 02:17 PM

We could make some banners, we just have to make sure we are being respectful

Marc Overmars
05-03-2018, 02:18 PM

Appreciate everything Letters has done but the forum has moved on and he hasn’t changed.

KSE Comedy Club
05-03-2018, 02:18 PM
I thought GW was an oppression free, politically correct free, pedantic free institution?

No sorry, you are thinking of Letters' other forum - GW (Gayboys World) :coffee:

Letters
05-03-2018, 02:20 PM
We could make some banners, we just have to make sure we are being respectful

"We're here.
We're queer.
We don't want any more Letters"

KSE Comedy Club
05-03-2018, 02:21 PM
"We're here.
We're queer.
We don't want any more Letters"

Do you mean 'Letters' in the LGBTFTWQPPIQQQSYEY Community or yourself :shrug:

LDG
05-03-2018, 02:24 PM
I don't mind turning up and doing a bit of crying. Then I can go out and get my arse kicked by some pub drunk.

Hey! I drink a lot less these days.

LDG
05-03-2018, 02:25 PM
Do you mean 'Letters' in the LGBTFTWQPPIQQQSYEY Community or yourself :shrug:

TPKA Q

Niall_Quinn
05-03-2018, 02:37 PM
Hey! I drink a lot less these days.

Modern men :doh:

McNamara That Ghost...
05-03-2018, 05:44 PM

Eh?