View Full Version : Watford match reaction

Cripps
11-03-2018, 03:19 PM
Troy Deeney misses a penalty :lol:

Tommy Robinson gets battered :lol:

If Carlsberg did weekends :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
11-03-2018, 03:22 PM
Cech with his 200th cleansheet. Maybe he can stop being a nervous wreck now.

Mkhitaryan with a shocking performance according to Smudger shat out another goal and another assist.

We win the Cojones Cup! :trophy:

dostoy
11-03-2018, 03:27 PM
Every win makes it harder for anyone to sack Wenger.

His reign will never end or not for many years yet.

Marc Overmars
11-03-2018, 03:29 PM
We’re back!

Niall_Quinn
11-03-2018, 03:35 PM
Better performance (in the second half anyway) than the overrated, hyped performance against Milan. More fight, more pace. Still very sloppy though. Plenty of brainfart moments that might have cost us against a half decent side, which Watford aren't. You can only beat the drunkard mob in front of you though.

Ref and linesmen an absolute joke. As always. That blatant pen on Miki, WTF?

Mac76
11-03-2018, 03:36 PM
Deeney :haha:

Niall_Quinn
11-03-2018, 03:37 PM
Deeney :haha:

Lacks balls.

Letters
11-03-2018, 03:37 PM
Wenger :bow:

:ninja:

McNamara That Ghost...
11-03-2018, 03:41 PM
Motty. :haha:

Bye.

AFC Leveller
11-03-2018, 03:45 PM
https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/29066719_2081878212049507_209784438097985934_n.jpg ?_nc_eui2=v1%3AAeF_9bcicjG-OYqV8sPlfkm9m8udJBI517nOPJdrLwWtdrTVFXHBpGCnIWGrEC dAnSBvCbXgzt4Alys_txsd7GoEcMAdd-9rNGZhFFTim-NRHA&oh=f98cb2e55353a399d814e80108231cec&oe=5B01FF35

GP
11-03-2018, 03:54 PM
Wenger :bow:

:ninja:

:gp:

Sign da ting!

Xhaka Can’t
11-03-2018, 04:06 PM
Every win makes it harder for anyone to sack Wenger.

His reign will never end or not for many years yet.

I’m surprised you made it past 2004

The Emirates Gallactico
11-03-2018, 04:17 PM
Better performance (in the second half anyway) than the overrated, hyped performance against Milan. More fight, more pace. Still very sloppy though. Plenty of brainfart moments that might have cost us against a half decent side, which Watford aren't. You can only beat the drunkard mob in front of you though.

Ref and linesmen an absolute joke. As always. That blatant pen on Miki, WTF?

No "WENGER OUT!!!!" to finish your post?

You're slacking NQ. I bet you want him to sign a new contract. :sulk:

Letters
11-03-2018, 04:19 PM

I’m fed up of NQ’s Wenger worship.
Stop sucking his cock already :sulk:

Master Splinter
11-03-2018, 04:37 PM
Post-match reaction:

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger on the 3-0 win over Watford:
"It is another positive step yes, I agree. This group has displayed a remarkable attitude to produce this level today. As well we must observe that it is not the optimal solution to play so soon after a big match on Thursday. But these players have shown a top, top, top desire to prove their quality to everyone. Have we overcome all the hurdles? We are not competing in the Olympics. But yes, we are almost there."

On coming through a testing period:
"It is of course not easy after we have been little bit mentally and physically damaged by many difficult moments recently. Will I give more detail on these difficulties? Look, we do not like to speculate on negative situations that are out of our control. We can only do our best for the fans and they will judge our commitment and loyalty. But maybe one day I will write a book about this!"

On the remainder of the season:
"Another trophy I must say, would make it a good season. But we are competing on many fronts and we want to finish well in everything. As well you know as a club we have of course had an absolutely exceptional consistent consistency in the Champions League. Only Real Madrid and Bayern have been there longer. After that, it is up to me to prepare and be ready for the next season. Will we be ready? I believe, yes."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/43264626

Still going on about playing so many games. :doh:

He's getting worse.

Marc Overmars
11-03-2018, 04:38 PM
Didn’t see the game but it looks like a lot empty seats again. :lol:

Niall_Quinn
11-03-2018, 04:50 PM

New tactics. Plan Z199-Iteration993: The Wenger Decades - Exit Scenarios.

Niall_Quinn
11-03-2018, 04:51 PM
I’m fed up of NQ’s Wenger worship.
Stop sucking his cock already :sulk:

Scared of competition?

HCZ
11-03-2018, 04:57 PM
Scared of competition?

Nah he Just doesn’t want to taste Johnny Walker on his cock if you’ve got there first

Niall_Quinn
11-03-2018, 05:03 PM
Nah he Just doesn’t want to taste Johnny Walker on his cock if you’ve got there first

As if I'd waste any like that.

We don't have a game until April now? Apart from the EL?

What the fucking fuckety fuck?

Is it that International bullshit again?

McNamara That Ghost...
11-03-2018, 05:03 PM
"Maybe it really is all cocks in the end".

HCZ
11-03-2018, 05:13 PM
As if I'd waste any like that.

We don't have a game until April now? Apart from the EL?

What the fucking fuckety fuck?

Is it that International bullshit again?

That and it’s the fa cup next weekend and Leicester who we were supposed to be playing have a game against Chelsea

Niall_Quinn
11-03-2018, 06:03 PM
What an embarrassing twat this fucking dope is. Why doesn't somebody deck him?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv9FaqPOWpo

Ty, come on here you shit.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-03-2018, 06:08 PM
Will.I.Am. :bow:

HCZ
11-03-2018, 06:17 PM
Watched highlights of the game

Mhkytarian and Aubemeyang do have good understanding and in time will form solid partnership, shame it will all be in vein with that old goat in charge

The first goal that went in, hardly any fan celebration at all

Still give teams far too much time and space on the ball, a team like Watford should not be having four shots on target against us

Loads of bald patches in seats. There are fans not prepared to swallow Wengers bullshit

Özim
11-03-2018, 06:32 PM
:lol: We win a meaningless match where we've got nothing to play for and listen to these guys! Wenger and the Wenger cult going on like the world has been turned on it's head.

Just totally embarrassing!

Wengers arrogance has returned after 1 or 2 games without it, we'll probably win a few more of these meaningless games till the end of the season and the guy will remain in charge ready to screw up next season as well, he'll probably get another contract out of it knowing this club.

dostoy
11-03-2018, 06:42 PM
:lol: We win a meaningless match where we've got nothing to play for and listen to these guys! Wenger and the Wenger cult going on like the world has been turned on it's head.

Wengers arrogance has returned after 1 or 2 games without it, we'll probably win a few more of these meaningless games till the end of the season and the guy will remain in charge ready to screw up next season as well, he'll probably get another contract out of it knowing this club.

I could not agree more.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-03-2018, 07:02 PM
They're characters on a web show. One gets featured more than the other dependent on what the storyline dictates.

Goonermerree
11-03-2018, 07:19 PM
"Another trophy I must say, would make it a good season. But we are competing on many fronts and we want to finish well in everything. As well you know as a club we have of course had an absolutely exceptional consistent consistency in the Champions League. Only Real Madrid and Bayern have been there longer. After that, it is up to me to prepare and be ready for the next season. Will we be ready? I believe, yes."

What is he talking about? One front left in terms of winning anything consistency in CL is winning it,or at least getting to QF or beyond consistently. Anyhoo, 2 in two WENGER IN!!!!!

Cripps
11-03-2018, 07:20 PM

I think we'll win the Europa league. I had a look at the teams in depth and they're all pretty much like Milan; big name but having an average season.

I think he'll pull the Europa out the bag.

Goonermerree
11-03-2018, 07:21 PM
I think we'll win the Europa league. I had a look at the teams in depth and they're all pretty much like Milan; big name but having an average season.

WENGER in!!!!

Letters
11-03-2018, 07:42 PM
I don’t think we will win the Europa but if we do, it’s the second biggest prize we could win this season so it would mitigate the awful league form somewhat.

LDG
11-03-2018, 07:47 PM

What is he talking about? One front left in terms of winning anything consistency in CL is winning it,or at least getting to QF or beyond consistently. Anyhoo, 2 in two WENGER IN!!!!!

:lol:

Niall_Quinn
11-03-2018, 08:42 PM

Fine, provided we then stuff him in the bag and throw it off a bridge.

Niall_Quinn
11-03-2018, 09:15 PM
Bloody Tories. Releasing all these Care in the Community cases on to our streets. This poor bloke desperately needs help but he's been left to fend for himself. As a result he's fallen into the clutches of the Cult of Wenger. Very sad business.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbPoFt1v3s8

HCZ
11-03-2018, 09:22 PM
Bloody Tories. Releasing all these Care in the Community cases on to our streets. This poor bloke desperately needs help but he's been left to fend for himself. As a result he's fallen into the clutches of the Cult of Wenger. Very sad business.

One mental health case versus another

Arsenal Fan Tv's answer to the defiant ones

Özim
11-03-2018, 09:33 PM

Athletico are a decent side if they perform, better than us IMO, so it's not that straightforward.

But you're right, I can see him pulling this out of the bag, maybe getting lucky against Athletico and then we'll start again with him next season, whoopedeedoo!

Özim
11-03-2018, 09:35 PM

This is the problem at Arsenal, these Wenger fans who are more fans of him than Arsenal, still defending the indefensable, doesn't matter what Wenger does to those people, he's the golden boy, the messiah, the guy that put Arsenal on the map and made them what they are, Arsena; barely existed before Wenger, never won anything and noone had ever heard of them.

Odd bunch, do these people exist at other clubs as well?

Niall_Quinn
11-03-2018, 09:59 PM
This is the problem at Arsenal, these Wenger fans who are more fans of him than Arsenal, still defending the indefensable, doesn't matter what Wenger does to those people, he's the golden boy, the messiah, the guy that put Arsenal on the map and made them what they are, Arsena; barely existed before Wenger, never won anything and noone had ever heard of them.

Odd bunch, do these people exist at other clubs as well?

Yes. There is a growing number of Wenger In fans at clubs all around the country. You can hear them singing at our games for him to stay.

Cripps
11-03-2018, 10:02 PM
Mkhitaryan on the empty seats: "We're always playing for those who come & support us, who are really supporting us, they are real fans who are not just coming to the stadium when we are winning, we have nothing to say. Just thanks to the fans who were supporting today" #Arsenal https://t.co/69BLP4yQrF

This weasel can do one. Twat.

Letters
11-03-2018, 10:09 PM
Just totally embarrassing.
Not as embarrassing as Arsenal “fans” who seem actively annoyed when we get good results and all but punch the air when we get bad ones.

Xhaka Can’t
11-03-2018, 10:12 PM
I could not agree more.

Well don’t then.

Niall_Quinn
11-03-2018, 10:28 PM
Mkhitaryan on the empty seats: "We're always playing for those who come & support us, who are really supporting us, they are real fans who are not just coming to the stadium when we are winning, we have nothing to say. Just thanks to the fans who were supporting today" #Arsenal https://t.co/69BLP4yQrF

This weasel can do one. Twat.

They're all being rolled out, one at a time, to deliver Wenger's bullshit. He's always thought that. Whoever drinks his Kool-Aid is a true fan, anyone who calls him out for the incompetent bullshit artist he is or refuses to get robbed by him repeatedly is not a genuine fan.

The real cunt who's not in any way an Arsenal fan is Wenger. If he was a genuine fan of the club he'd never have signed that contract. Selfish cunt. And I'm not falling for his garbage PR stunts any more.

Cripps
11-03-2018, 10:30 PM
Wenger on if he's worried about the empty seats: "Yes, of course I worry. I want our fans to be behind the team & be happy. But after what happened in that week its a bit understandable. We're in a job where we have to get the fans on our side & do absolutely everything to do it" https://t.co/BIwGHBDdaD

He thinks it's cause of the last week :lol:

Niall_Quinn
11-03-2018, 10:41 PM
What we have seen is a board that has hidden through the crisis, not a peep from those useless cunts other than to leak about Kroenke Jnr coming over here to wine and dine on an all expenses account. Stay in America with Papa Leech.

And a delusional manager who is so arrogant he simply refuses to believe he has anything to answer for, despite us being in the mix with fucking Burnley for the 6th Place Trophy. Because we haven't lost every single fucking game, that's supposed to be an achievement. Yay. We beat Watford at home in our quarter billion quid stadium with our quarter billion quid squad. Fuck you Burnley! And Wenger is prancing around proclaiming our confidence is back. Well what happened to it in the first place you dopey cunt? Confidence? Confidence to compete against Brighton or that Swedish pub team? He's a fucking joker but there are still plenty of fans who take him seriously.

And the Cult of Wenger. Nothing can help these retards now. They are done. They've got losing and failure and underachievement and mediocrity seared into their souls. They chant from the Book of Wenger. Their most cherished icon is the holy grail itself, the 4th Place Trophy. And the messiah has delivered that unto them for 20 odd years so in their feverish minds he's allowed a slight dip in his "excellence".

That has been Wenger's greatest trick. Convincing so many that failure is a worthy goal.

GP
11-03-2018, 11:31 PM
Fuck off Deeney, you fat Drake looking cunt.

McNamara That Ghost...
12-03-2018, 03:13 AM
Athletico are a decent side if they perform, better than us IMO, so it's not that straightforward.

But you're right, I can see him pulling this out of the bag, maybe getting lucky against Athletico and then we'll start again with him next season, whoopedeedoo!

It's Atletico!

Özim
12-03-2018, 09:43 AM
Not as embarrassing as Arsenal “fans” who seem actively annoyed when we get good results and all but punch the air when we get bad ones.

Wrong it's far more embarrassing, cringeworthy in fact. Moreover noone gets annoyed they just want Wenger out, can't blame them either!

Özim
12-03-2018, 09:49 AM
What we have seen is a board that has hidden through the crisis, not a peep from those useless cunts other than to leak about Kroenke Jnr coming over here to wine and dine on an all expenses account. Stay in America with Papa Leech.

And a delusional manager who is so arrogant he simply refuses to believe he has anything to answer for, despite us being in the mix with fucking Burnley for the 6th Place Trophy. Because we haven't lost every single fucking game, that's supposed to be an achievement. Yay. We beat Watford at home in our quarter billion quid stadium with our quarter billion quid squad. Fuck you Burnley! And Wenger is prancing around proclaiming our confidence is back. Well what happened to it in the first place you dopey cunt? Confidence? Confidence to compete against Brighton or that Swedish pub team? He's a fucking joker but there are still plenty of fans who take him seriously.

And the Cult of Wenger. Nothing can help these retards now. They are done. They've got losing and failure and underachievement and mediocrity seared into their souls. They chant from the Book of Wenger. Their most cherished icon is the holy grail itself, the 4th Place Trophy. And the messiah has delivered that unto them for 20 odd years so in their feverish minds he's allowed a slight dip in his "excellence".

That has been Wenger's greatest trick. Convincing so many that failure is a worthy goal.

Pound for pound the worst club in football when you consider the owner who couldn't care less about football and revels in the share price, the manager who has no love for the club despite the laughable claims he does by some and just does what he wants when he wants without a care in the world for the fans and of course those so called "fans" who basically just support Wenger and really couldn't care less where Arsenal are as long as Wenger is in charge, just plain weird.

Letters
12-03-2018, 10:15 AM
Arsenal "fans" who want us to lose :haha:

Dein-machine
12-03-2018, 10:59 AM

Yep & Arsenal fans who pay more than anyone else in world football for a season ticket - to then not want to go to the Stadium. Why would that be do you think?

KSE Comedy Club
12-03-2018, 11:00 AM

So, you still don't quite 'get it' then :coffee:

Letters
12-03-2018, 11:03 AM
So, you still don't quite 'get it' then :coffee:

Fun fact. It's possible to understand a point of view without agreeing with it :tiphat:

AFC Leveller
12-03-2018, 11:04 AM
Whats the situation with Jack? been reading that hes probably off in the summer as the club wont offer him the kind money he wants nor assure him of a starting place.

Goonermerree
12-03-2018, 11:07 AM
Whats the situation with Jack? been reading that hes probably off in the summer as the club wont offer him the kind money he wants nor assure him of a starting place.

Wasn't he offered a pay cut to sign. Then he saw Ozil get mega-bucks and the two new guys come in on a fairly hefty salary. He's probably a bit miffed.

Dein-machine
12-03-2018, 11:17 AM
The Jack situation is actually one of the only ones i don't blame Wumgit for. Jack needs to prove consistency, not only in his play but keeping himself injury free. He's problems are self inflicted, so many of his injuries have come from him overstretching in a tackle where he has over run the ball. He still tries to dribble through 2 players & not play the easy ball. These things he should have mastered by now to be a top player. He has qualities, no doubt about it but he's nowhere near the finished article & I doubt he ever will be.

Özim
12-03-2018, 11:28 AM
Fun fact. It's possible to understand a point of view without agreeing with it :tiphat:

:console: what's the matter, not happy people don't aren't wetting themselves over your old Boy Wenger anymore? :haha:

Özim
12-03-2018, 11:37 AM
The Jack situation is actually one of the only ones i don't blame Wumgit for. Jack needs to prove consistency, not only in his play but keeping himself injury free. He's problems are self inflicted, so many of his injuries have come from him overstretching in a tackle where he has over run the ball. He still tries to dribble through 2 players & not play the easy ball. These things he should have mastered by now to be a top player. He has qualities, no doubt about it but he's nowhere near the finished article & I doubt he ever will be.

Yeah to be honest, he's not managed to stay fit and hasn't really proved himself much, had a few decent games this season but in the last few games he's been as bad as anyone.

Doesn't really deserve a pay rise to be honest and if he believes in himself then he'd believe he can earn the bonuses to top up his salary. He's replaceable IMO, whether we replace him properly is another thing, but he is replaceable.

If he leaves then clearly his love for Arsenal won't be quite as strong as the draw of the money, he's still getting good money and has earnt a lot off the back of the club when he's barely played.

KSE Comedy Club
12-03-2018, 11:38 AM

That's fair enough, but just because you don't agree it doesn't mean you have the right to question whether people are fans or not :tiphat:

HCZ
12-03-2018, 11:40 AM
That's fair enough, not everyone can bring themselves to believe that some 'conspiracies' are actually true.

What conspiracy would this be?

KSE Comedy Club
12-03-2018, 11:43 AM
What conspiracy would this be?

post edited.

LDG
12-03-2018, 11:46 AM
That's fair enough, but just because you don't agree it doesn't mean you have the right to question whether people are fans or not :tiphat:

In fairness, Zimm did too.

Ignoring that, it is sad to see Gooners fighting amongst themselves these days. Shows what the club has done.

Letters
12-03-2018, 11:47 AM
not happy people don't aren't wetting themselves over your old Boy Wenger
I'm just laughing at so-called Arsenal "fans" who punch the air with delight when we get bad results and whine and WUM at good ones.

HCZ
12-03-2018, 12:00 PM
I think there is very little to celebrate in good results. I don’t understand why people would celebrate bad results, but in terms of what needs to happen to Wenger there is far more long term benefit from them.

Zim, part of me genuinely wonders how he will cope when Wenger goes. Being negative about the club is the only possible feeling one can have, taking delight in the negativity is what I don’t get. Being vindicated is one thing, but frankly I’d rather have been wrong.

Maybe it’s just a coping mechanism. But whilst I wouldn’t question how much of a fan Zim is (I have in the past but only ever to irritate him), there are some people in this life who take an almost perverse pleasure in bad things happening

Worked with a few guys like that

HCZ
12-03-2018, 12:02 PM
In summary I do almost look upon defeats as unfortunate necessities, but they can’t ever be celebrated

Mac76
12-03-2018, 12:18 PM
Loads of bald patches in seats

that's what having an ageing fanbase does...

Özim
12-03-2018, 12:43 PM
I'm just laughing at so-called Arsenal "fans" who punch the air with delight when we get bad results and whine and WUM at good ones.

and I'm laughing at the Arsenal fans who still think Wenger is the bees knees and are over the moon when we beat Watford in a meaningless game and then WUM at the genuine Arsenal fans (not Wenger fans).

KSE Comedy Club
12-03-2018, 12:51 PM
They are still fans Letters.

No different to you, just different opinions

Özim
12-03-2018, 12:58 PM
I think there is very little to celebrate in good results. I don’t understand why people would celebrate bad results, but in terms of what needs to happen to Wenger there is far more long term benefit from them.

Zim, part of me genuinely wonders how he will cope when Wenger goes. Being negative about the club is the only possible feeling one can have, taking delight in the negativity is what I don’t get. Being vindicated is one thing, but frankly I’d rather have been wrong.

Maybe it’s just a coping mechanism. But whilst I wouldn’t question how much of a fan Zim is (I have in the past but only ever to irritate him), there are some people in this life who take an almost perverse pleasure in bad things happening

Worked with a few guys like that

I agree these wins are pointless, as we can already see Wenger gets more smug and it buys him more time in the job, which we definitely don't want.

I'll be thrilled when Wengers goes for several reasons:

1) Unpredictability and hope will return, we won't know what will happen and will have hope we can be successful
2) New tactics, new players, new style of play are all a distinct possibility, personally I'd prefer counter attacking but we'd have to wait and see
3) More logical transfers, players being signed in the areas we need and not randomly because the manager likes them
4) No more square pegs in round holes

For me it' all about being sick of Wenger, for years he's not been able to mix it anymore, but what's worse is that he doesn't eve try, he sticks to the same thing season after season, I'm not a fan of the guy, I don't like his arrogance (it's totally unwarranted as he hasn't been successful for years) and lack of humility, nor the fact he really doesn't care about the fans or indeed on the field success (or at least that's very much secondary).

He's ruined the club from head to toe and the day he finally walks out the door will be a great day in the history of Arsenal, even if we do have 2-3 seasons rebuilding (it will take time) that's fine, at least we'll have an aim, like the other clubs, to improve and not just stick to the old failing methods time after time and be proud of it.

Just hope we bring a decent manager in, rather than another yes man or Wenger clone.

HCZ
12-03-2018, 01:00 PM
and I'm laughing at the Arsenal fans who still think Wenger is the bees knees and are over the moon when we beat Watford in a meaningless game and then WUM at the genuine Arsenal fans (not Wenger fans).

Let’s be clear though. Whilst I don’t think there is anything to be celebrated

I don’t think it’s fair to state that people who are happy for the club to have won the game think Wenger is the bees knees

Although I’m not saying you are saying that, just pointing out there is a distinction to be made

Özim
12-03-2018, 01:09 PM
Let’s be clear though. Whilst I don’t think there is anything to be celebrated

I don’t think it’s fair to state that people who are happy for the club to have won the game think Wenger is the bees knees

Although I’m not saying you are saying that, just pointing out there is a distinction to be made

There's plenty of people who after a couple win come out and defend Wenger and slate those that say anything against him (not so much on here maybe but in the fanbase certainly), these are Wenger supporters, not Arsenal supporters because they care more about him than what's happening to the club.

It doesn't bother me if someone is happy we won these games to be honest, what does is people piping up and being smug because we won these after a string of defeats, this in no way changes anything.

If we could win every game and know Wenger would be gone, I'd be very happy for us to win them all (I'm torn because I'd like us to win the Europa because it's a European trophy but if it means Wenger gets to stay and gets some sort of praise for this season and gets to stay. it would be hard to stomach).

Realistically though the more we win the less likely he is to leave, he might not leave even if he kept losing of course, but at least you can hope he will, if he won more games and the Europa there's zero chance, I actually think if he had a good run in the league till the end of the season but lost the Europa he'd still be in the job.

Letters
12-03-2018, 01:10 PM
So you're not laughing at anyone then, because no-one is doing that. Certainly not on here.
Complete straw man argument.

http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/3600000/Scarecrow-From-The-Wizard-of-Oz-the-wizard-of-oz-3621676-262-193.jpg

If you only had a brain...

Özim
12-03-2018, 01:13 PM
So you're not laughing at anyone then, because no-one is doing that. Certainly not on here.
Complete straw man argument.

http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/3600000/Scarecrow-From-The-Wizard-of-Oz-the-wizard-of-oz-3621676-262-193.jpg

If you only had a brain...

No one is celebrating not winning either despite what you think, so it's ironic you bring up the straw man.

#commonsense

Letters
12-03-2018, 01:14 PM
I'm not a fan of the guy.

:lol:

Letters
12-03-2018, 01:16 PM
No one is celebrating not winning either despite what you think, so it's ironic you bring up the straw man.

#commonsense

You always seem very annoyed when we win and super-happy when we don't.
I shouldn't need to explain why that is odd behaviour from someone who calls themself an Arsenal fan.

KSE Comedy Club
12-03-2018, 01:17 PM
There's plenty of people who after a couple win come out and defend Wenger and slate those that say anything against him (not so much on here maybe but in the fanbase certainly), these are Wenger supporters, not Arsenal supporters because they care more about him than what's happening to the club.

It doesn't bother me if someone is happy we won these games to be honest, what does is people piping up and being smug because we won these after a string of defeats, this in no way changes anything.

If we could win every game and know Wenger would be gone, I'd be very happy for us to win them all (I'm torn because I'd like us to win the Europa because it's a European trophy but if it means Wenger gets to stay and gets some sort of praise for this season and gets to stay. it would be hard to stomach).

Realistically though the more we win the less likely he is to leave, he might not leave even if he kept losing of course, but at least you can hope he will, if he won more games and the Europa there's zero chance, I actually think if he had a good run in the league till the end of the season but lost the Europa he'd still be in the job.

This is it in a nutshell

KSE Comedy Club
12-03-2018, 01:19 PM
I shouldn't need to explain why that is odd behaviour from someone who calls themself an Arsenal fan.

It's obvious why he does this though :shrug:

I think Zim along with everyone else who thinks this way have explained themselves enough times to make your statement null and void.

You would have to be proper retard to still not understand at this point.

HCZ
12-03-2018, 01:20 PM
I agree these wins are pointless, as we can already see Wenger gets more smug and it buys him more time in the job, which we definitely don't want.

I'll be thrilled when Wengers goes for several reasons:

1) Unpredictability and hope will return, we won't know what will happen and will have hope we can be successful
2) New tactics, new players, new style of play are all a distinct possibility, personally I'd prefer counter attacking but we'd have to wait and see
3) More logical transfers, players being signed in the areas we need and not randomly because the manager likes them
4) No more square pegs in round holes

For me it' all about being sick of Wenger, for years he's not been able to mix it anymore, but what's worse is that he doesn't eve try, he sticks to the same thing season after season, I'm not a fan of the guy, I don't like his arrogance (it's totally unwarranted as he hasn't been successful for years) and lack of humility, nor the fact he really doesn't care about the fans or indeed on the field success (or at least that's very much secondary).

He's ruined the club from head to toe and the day he finally walks out the door will be a great day in the history of Arsenal, even if we do have 2-3 seasons rebuilding (it will take time) that's fine, at least we'll have an aim, like the other clubs, to improve and not just stick to the old failing methods time after time and be proud of it.

Just hope we bring a decent manager in, rather than another yes man or Wenger clone.

My attitude is I will be glad when he goes and I don’t understand this sentimentality of he shouldn’t be sacked. If he refuses to go of his own accord, of course he should be sacked.

For his many faults, had he gone in 2014 the club would have been left in great shape. And it would have been unreasonable not to have given him due credit for that. The fa cup after a trophy drought of nine years was a big deal to me and had he stepped down in the aftermath it would have been to almost universal appreciation from fans.

Four years later he has created so much bad feeling that if he is ever fully rehabilitated it will take a lot of water to go under a lot of bridges. We call him deluded, but I don’t think he is at all. Neither do I think he lacks ambition, he’s just all too aware of his inability to compete either with clubs with better resources or clubs with managers able to figure us out.

I stated last week that were many of us in his situation, unlimited power and a hefty wage I don’t think many of us would let go that easily. It’s easy to be pious when we are not in the situation, and how many managers unless they are preparing to retire would admit they haven’t got it anymore.

But equally its not fair for us as fans to put up with the consequences of human nature. If Wenger had stepped down either last summer or three years previously, he unquestionably would have been doing the right thing, what’s most contemptible for me is the cowardliness of people like the Kroenkes who probably despite what’s claimed otherwise don’t give a shit whether he goes or not and would rather sit back and pressure Wenger to make the decision which we know he won’t

Özim
12-03-2018, 01:23 PM

Really? You must be stalking me or something if you know that, truth is I'm not bothered either way, Wenger has ruined it for me, I barely follow the matches anymore thanks to him, so it shows what you know tbh.

We've already proved you're wrong but even if you had been right, seeing as where the club is and that every win makes it more likely he'll stay in charge it's really not that hard to understand tbh, trouble is with you is that you think Wenger deserves some kind of respect and shouldn't be hounded out by the fans or leave on a bad note, I really don't care as long as he leaves.

I'd love nothing more than for us to be playing good football, challenging for the big prizes and to have excitement back, Wenger is incapable of delivering any of those, on that basis he needs to leave and if we need to lose every game for it to happen, so be it it won't be the end of the world as we're not challenging for anything other than the Europa.

HCZ
12-03-2018, 01:23 PM

These same people slate other people in the fan base whether we win, draw or lose

Someone stated that fans who want Wenger sacked if he doesn’t want to go are Shylocks

:rolleyes:

Marc Overmars
12-03-2018, 01:40 PM
These same people slate other people in the fan base whether we win, draw or lose

Someone stated that fans who want Wenger sacked if he doesn’t want to go are Shylocks

:rolleyes:

Positively Arsenal?

I’ve read that guys feed a few times, it’s hilarious how many bites he gets when he’s so blatantly on the wind up with trivial facts and opinions. A professional troll.

Frankly I think our fanbase is beyond repair. At best this divide will take years to heal.

The type of people who will credit Wenger for any success after he’s gone or pine for him and say I told you so if we fail after he’s gone. For them it’s Wenger FC and for normal people it’s Arsenal FC.

HCZ
12-03-2018, 01:44 PM
Positively Arsenal?

I’ve read that guys feed a few times, it’s hilarious how many bites he gets when he’s so blatantly on the wind up with trivial facts and opinions. A professional troll.

Frankly I think our fanbase is beyond repair. At best this divide will take years to heal.

The type of people who will credit Wenger for any success after he’s gone or pine for him and say I told you so if we fail after he’s gone.

I don’t think he is on the wind up

Well actually yes he is, I think he does intend to get negative responses but I think he also means what he says

He isn’t parodying a Wenger worshipper, he genuinely is one.

The one positive thing i will say about Wenger is whilst I won’t pine for him when I go. The 2002 and 2004 titles especially will be inextricably linked with my young adulthood of drinking and university. Those title wins were incredibly special to me and nothing will ever take that away.

Not even Wenger

Niall_Quinn
12-03-2018, 01:46 PM
All I say is well done to the fans who stayed away. I think we've all agreed by now this is the only thing the fans can do that the club gives a shit about.

To the ones who are still going, well I kind of get that. They have paid, so they are pissing money down the drain if they stay at home.

So don't go renewing those season tickets is Wenger is in charge, right?

Even that's a problem because giving up a season ticket is a big step and could leave you out in the cold long after Wenger has fucked off.

Basically the scumbags at the club, Wenger included, know they have the fans over a barrel. So it's a big statement the fans who stayed home are making. Good for them.

Letters
12-03-2018, 01:51 PM
All I say is well done to the fans who stayed away. I think we've all agreed by now this is the only thing the fans can do that the club gives a shit about.

:blink:

When I suggested that I thought you argued against me.

HCZ
12-03-2018, 01:52 PM

To the ones who are still going, well I kind of get that. They have paid, so they are pissing money down the drain if they stay at home.

So don't go renewing those season tickets is Wenger is in charge, right?

Even that's a problem because giving up a season ticket is a big step and could leave you out in the cold long after Wenger has fucked off.

Basically the scumbags at the club, Wenger included, know they have the fans over a barrel. So it's a big statement the fans who stayed home are making. Good for them.

I tend to agree if Wenger stays and if is unfortunately more becoming when

It then has to be said if people renew their season tickets they have to be considered Mugs

Although guy I know who is a season ticket holder basically said the only reason he renews his season ticket is he doesn’t want to miss out by being at the back of the queue when he fucks off.

And as Wenger is not immortal (although I admit I don’t actually know that, I’m just surmising from the fact that he appears to have aged in keeping with someone who has ordinary human physiognomy) people think he will be gone sooner rather than later, even if soon as not as soon as most of us want.

KSE Comedy Club
12-03-2018, 01:58 PM
I see Gazidis has kept pretty quiet following the AST meeting on sunday.

He has rolled out the 'it's not where we want to be' line. He also thinks we will be up there challenging again but when asked about Wenger staying or going, he said 'now isn't the time to talk about that'

:ilt:

dostoy
12-03-2018, 02:01 PM
Even if Arsenal don't win the EL this season, which surely they won't, Wenger will still be the manager next season.

He will not walk away and its very very very unlikely anyone is going to sack him.

The earliest he will leave is June 2019 and that is not certain, even if Arsenal finish outside the top 4 and win none of the cups.

I don't celebrate losses but I like to think that there might be a 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000001% chance he might be sacked this summer.

Niall_Quinn
12-03-2018, 02:17 PM
:blink:

When I suggested that I thought you argued against me.

No. You suggested I give up football if I didn't enjoy it. A completely different proposal.

Niall_Quinn
12-03-2018, 02:19 PM
I see Gazidis has kept pretty quiet following the AST meeting on sunday.

He has rolled out the 'it's not where we want to be' line. He also thinks we will be up there challenging again but when asked about Wenger staying or going, he said 'now isn't the time to talk about that'

:ilt:

Ivan's a glorified shopkeeper. He made his move and Wenger (who, as Mac pointed out, suddenly discovered his tactical ability), bypassed him. Now he's trying the slowly but surely, replace over time method. But he's already conceded Wenger calls the shots. He should have either demanded everyone get a say or resigned at the end of last season.

Letters
12-03-2018, 02:20 PM
No. You suggested I give up football if I didn't enjoy it. A completely different proposal.

I suggested both. Although it wasn't really a suggestion, just a question why you keep watching something you clearly hate.
If you want to then go nuts. Just don't give them any more money.

Niall_Quinn
12-03-2018, 02:23 PM
I suggested both. Although it wasn't really a suggestion, just a question why you keep watching something you clearly hate.
If you want to then go nuts. Just don't give them any more money.

No, your suggestion amounted to love it or leave it. That's not the only option open to fans.

HCZ
12-03-2018, 02:25 PM
Ivan's a glorified shopkeeper. He made his move and Wenger (who, as Mac pointed out, suddenly discovered his tactical ability), bypassed him. Now he's trying the slowly but surely, replace over time method. But he's already conceded Wenger calls the shots. He should have either demanded everyone get a say or resigned at the end of last season.

There is a question as to why he didn’t go in the summer

He’s either a man of limited ability who wouldn’t be able to get the same role elsewhere

Or he’s prepared to play the long game in return for becoming the most powerful man at the club when Wenger goes. Although nix on that if Josh Kroenke is here for the long haul

Niall_Quinn
12-03-2018, 02:33 PM
There is a question as to why he didn’t go in the summer

He’s either a man of limited ability who wouldn’t be able to get the same role elsewhere

Or he’s prepared to play the long game in return for becoming the most powerful man at the club when Wenger goes. Although nix on that if Josh Kroenke is here for the long haul

Surely he already knows how little Kroenke respects him? When you undermine somebody like that, you can't respect them. So I don't see him ever being top dog and, as you point out, Kroenke has already stated his spawn will slide in when he slithers off.

HCZ
12-03-2018, 02:36 PM
Surely he already knows how little Kroenke respects him? When you undermine somebody like that, you can't respect them. So I don't see him ever being top dog and, as you point out, Kroenke has already stated his spawn will slide in when he slithers off.

This is true, if Kroenke trusted Gazidis to implement the post Wenger plan you’d think he’d have let him implement it last year.

Niall_Quinn
12-03-2018, 02:42 PM
It's sadly all pointing to Wenger getting another run at this. And if we win the EL, it's nailed on.

What I don't get with Kroenke is his apparent inability to reason that just a little bit of competitive ambition would fire the place up. More money. More value. But he seems to be very Wenger like in settling for steady, middle of the road, risk free returns. He's the tortoise to Abramovich's hare. It's a way to go, and it's working for him so far (doubled his investment value), but I doubt he grasps how fast a club can sink once the critical point is reached. And that's the risk he's taking with Wenger.

HCZ
12-03-2018, 02:56 PM
It's sadly all pointing to Wenger getting another run at this. And if we win the EL, it's nailed on.

What I don't get with Kroenke is his apparent inability to reason that just a little bit of competitive ambition would fire the place up. More money. More value. But he seems to be very Wenger like in settling for steady, middle of the road, risk free returns. He's the tortoise to Abramovich's hare. It's a way to go, and it's working for him so far (doubled his investment value), but I doubt he grasps how fast a club can sink once the critical point is reached. And that's the risk he's taking with Wenger.

The share value has doubled

And I think he reasons that the kind of returns that would make a significant difference would take significant investment in the club.

The idea that he is stupid doesn’t tally up. What has always made Wenger the perfect employee is that his stewardship has hitherto kept the club running along with little or no direct input from himself.

He is acquisitive, the value of Arsenal is tied up in it being an asset against which he can borrow at low interest rates for property development.

The other issue is that moving the Rams franchise and the building of the new stadium in Compton is taking most of his attention and that’s why the son has been sent to us.

I still conclude though that for Kroenke it’s easier just to not offer Wenger a new contract rather than outright sack him

The 2017 contract renewal was predicated on the belief that finishing 5th was a blip

Globalgunner
12-03-2018, 04:07 PM
The share value is not indicative of the value of the club, rather it is a function of a scarce commodity that is desperately wanted by 2 insanely rich men. There are only a few shares ever available and both Kroenke and Usmanov are willing to pay any price to get them. Its like two rich sons who hate each other but are willing to pay £500,000 for their fathers old watch. To any other person the watch is not worth more than £50.

The value of the club is more a reflection of insane TV deals which every EPL club is benefiting from. In reality we are losing value as we continue to flounder in the middle of the table. If things continue they way they do . The Spuds will be worth more than the Arsenal, simply because of relative success.

Niall_Quinn
12-03-2018, 04:18 PM
The share value has doubled

And I think he reasons that the kind of returns that would make a significant difference would take significant investment in the club.

The idea that he is stupid doesn’t tally up. What has always made Wenger the perfect employee is that his stewardship has hitherto kept the club running along with little or no direct input from himself.

He is acquisitive, the value of Arsenal is tied up in it being an asset against which he can borrow at low interest rates for property development.

The other issue is that moving the Rams franchise and the building of the new stadium in Compton is taking most of his attention and that’s why the son has been sent to us.

I still conclude though that for Kroenke it’s easier just to not offer Wenger a new contract rather than outright sack him

The 2017 contract renewal was predicated on the belief that finishing 5th was a blip

It *was* a blip.

We'll be 6th this year.

HCZ
12-03-2018, 04:24 PM
It *was* a blip.

We'll be 6th this year.

My feeling is that Wenger will ask to get one more season to get us back in the top four

Globalgunner
12-03-2018, 04:25 PM
It *was* a blip.

We'll be 6th this year.

Hopefully 6th.

Niall_Quinn
12-03-2018, 04:29 PM
My feeling is that Wenger will ask to get one more season to get us back in the top four

And my feeling is he'll get it. And the club will be in serious trouble as a result.

He's unsackable and we're fucked.

Letters
12-03-2018, 10:45 PM
Seen the highlights. We really do look pretty good going forward at times, there's the makings of a very good side there.
Our defence though :doh:

Xhaka Can’t
12-03-2018, 10:59 PM
This is it in a nutshell

Emphasis on nut.

Power n Glory
12-03-2018, 11:02 PM
Seen the highlights. We really do look pretty good going forward at times, there's the makings of a very good side there.

There isn't. They can't and won't sustain it.

Letters
12-03-2018, 11:12 PM
There isn't. They can't and won't sustain it.

Because of Wenger or just generally?

Niall_Quinn
12-03-2018, 11:15 PM

Have a word with your dad. Tell him enough's enough and GTFO FFS!

Marc Overmars
12-03-2018, 11:34 PM
Because of Wenger or just generally?

Some good players but as a team they are poor. I’m not sure what we’ve seen this season that suggests they can be any better than they currently are. Beating up these pub teams at home doesn’t really mean anything when you’re losing most games away and unable to beat the top sides. The win over Spurs is this seasons anomaly win, much like the 3-0 wins over Chelsea and United in recent years and who could ever forget that mythical 0-2 win at the Etihad where the penny apparently dropped.

We’re not even doing the bare minimum anymore.

Letters
12-03-2018, 11:39 PM
If they can get results this good at home there's no reason they can't do it away.
We are a poor team but I think with a better manager we could be a good one. The players are mostly good enough IMO.

Goonermerree
13-03-2018, 06:47 AM
If they can get results this good at home there's no reason they can't do it away.
We are a poor team but I think with a better manager we could be a good one. The players are mostly good enough IMO.

Are they though? Miky and Aby seem to have added something, but so did Laca at the same stage of his Arsenal career. Ozil can be brilliant when he wants to be, as for the rest, I think they're lower table standard, some because that's what they are and some because they are ageing. A few could do better with a different manager, but I don't think any of the clubs above us would be looking to buy them to enhance their team.Mediocrity rules.

Letters
13-03-2018, 09:59 AM
Are they though? Miky and Aby seem to have added something, but so did Laca at the same stage of his Arsenal career. Ozil can be brilliant when he wants to be, as for the rest, I think they're lower table standard, some because that's what they are and some because they are ageing. A few could do better with a different manager, but I don't think any of the clubs above us would be looking to buy them to enhance their team.Mediocrity rules.

If we don't think our players are any good then what are we berating Wenger for? Why would we expect better results? Or is it for buying them?
My grumble about Wenger is I think this group of players can and should be getting much better results - they're doing it at home, why not away from home?

KSE Comedy Club
13-03-2018, 10:17 AM
Emphasis on nut.

Do you like nuts then?

KSE Comedy Club
13-03-2018, 10:19 AM

I agree with this.

We need to see what a better manager can do with the team first before we start casting players aside and pointing the finger (although Welbeck is a bit of an exception tbf)

Goonermerree
13-03-2018, 12:27 PM
If we don't think our players are any good then what are we berating Wenger for? Why would we expect better results? Or is it for buying them?
My grumble about Wenger is I think this group of players can and should be getting much better results - they're doing it at home, why not away from home?

Yep, he bought them and failed to replace them. Don't know why not away from home, maybe other teams set up differently and our little flowers lack confidence.

Niall_Quinn
13-03-2018, 01:13 PM
I agree with this.

We need to see what a better manager can do with the team first before we start casting players aside and pointing the finger (although Welbeck is a bit of an exception tbf)

All these players will be retired with grandkids by the time that cunt leaves.

I checked again this morning. He's still here. I have no idea what the fuck they are thinking of at the club. Lazy bastards! How hard can it be to tell him to GTFO?

KSE Comedy Club
13-03-2018, 02:51 PM
All these players will be retired with grandkids by the time that cunt leaves.

I checked again this morning. He's still here. I have no idea what the fuck they are thinking of at the club. Lazy bastards! How hard can it be to tell him to GTFO?

It's fucking bullshit isn't it?

Every day goes by and I think, 'today might be the day! they will see sense now' but no.

Still here, nothing changes.

Fuck sake.

What were Paddy power thinking?

Letters
13-03-2018, 03:11 PM
What were Paddy power thinking?
"We like money", probably.

Oh also, I call bullshit on their penalty. At worst it was obstruction so an indirect free-kick.