View Full Version : CSKA Match Reaction

Cripps
05-04-2018, 09:01 PM
Me :bow:

Letters
05-04-2018, 09:04 PM
Wenger :bow:
:gp:

As frustrating as a 4-1 win can get. We really should have buried them, could have won 8-2.
But I'd have taken it before the game and I think we'll get through.

AFC Leveller
05-04-2018, 09:04 PM
I think Athletico Madrid are still the favourites. They are so solid at the back, strong in midfield and have Costa and Griezmann up front. If we can somehow avoid them altogether I reckon we can win it.

Cripps
05-04-2018, 09:07 PM
I think Athletico Madrid are still the favourites. They are so solid at the back, strong in midfield and have Costa and Griezmann up front. If we can somehow avoid them altogether I reckon we can win it.

Atletico are good but I wouldn't put it past the old goat to do it. After all, this is the cat with 400 lives :bow:

The Emirates Gallactico
05-04-2018, 09:17 PM
Jack had a stinker. Another one. Constantly losing the ball & selfish in possession.

I'd play Elneny in his position for the rest of the season.

Really can't believe there's any debate about him vs Ramsey.

Seems stupid moaning after a 4 - 1 win but our defensive play at times ..... jeez. We're not going to get away with that against an Athletico, Lazio or Leipzig.

McNamara That Ghost...
05-04-2018, 09:19 PM
It's spelt Atletico.

The Emirates Gallactico
05-04-2018, 09:20 PM
It's spelt Atletico.

Sorry WMUG.

Letters
05-04-2018, 09:20 PM
Seems stupid moaning after a 4 - 1 win but our defensive play at times ..... jeez. We're not going to get away with that against an Athletico, Lazio or Leipzig.
I felt like that after the Everton game when we smashed them.
Great going forward but defensively so sloppy, you felt a better team would punish us.
And we really should have scored more, but I think we've done enough. Reckon we'll go through.

Ozil was immense tonight. Ozil :bow:

Niall_Quinn
05-04-2018, 10:19 PM
Didn't watch it.

Wenger OUT!

Marc Overmars
05-04-2018, 10:59 PM
Quite disappointing not to score in the second half but a comfortable win that should see us through barring a complete disaster. Some bizarre defending at times but there’s nothing new there.

I think we’re going to win this competition. Atleti are the only team you could argue are better than us but I think we’d still have enough to beat them on our day. The rest of the teams are second rate.

With Wenger’s future possibly resting on winning this as well, I think the old goat is going to pull it off as the ultimate troll.

GP
06-04-2018, 08:16 AM
I'd love to win this competition.

selassie
06-04-2018, 09:30 AM
Jack had a stinker. Another one. Constantly losing the ball & selfish in possession.

I'd play Elneny in his position for the rest of the season.

Really can't believe there's any debate about him vs Ramsey.

Yep 1000% agree, our offensive play at times was nice but defensively oh my god we were a complete mess.

selassie
06-04-2018, 09:32 AM

I agree, they are clear favourites. They are man for man a better team than us, have a better manager than us who is tactically elite and have star quality in every area of their team.

We won't beat this lot, I'm pretty sure of that.

Özim
06-04-2018, 10:32 AM
Good but expected win against a pub side, CSKA are really a nothing team and that showed, Atletico are the only decent team left in this competition so they're the real challenge.

Özim
06-04-2018, 10:36 AM
Makes me laugh that some of the people who belittled this competition now say they really want to to win it, I've always said winning a European competition is better than making up the numbers in the CL and was happy with us being in this, others however claimed it was small time and didn't even want to be in it and now suddenly are desperate for us to win it.

Personally it's a double edged sword for me, really want us to win it as winning a European trophy would be amazing, but at the same time I don't want Wenger in charge anymore and don't want him to have any chance of a new contract, winning this could give him that and of course we'd be back in the CL making money so would have no incentive to replace him.

The pro Wenger fans will also spring out of the woodwork and start telling everybody how great he is and how everyone was wrong.

Özim
06-04-2018, 10:38 AM
I agree, they are clear favourites. They are man for man a better team than us, have a better manager than us who is tactically elite and have star quality in every area of their team.

Atletico are a better side no doubt, but Wenger is a lucky manager, just when things seem to be going totally wrong things turnaround and he saves his skin (through luck rather than skill), so I wouldn't put it past us to win this.

Cripps
06-04-2018, 10:59 AM
Have people not learnt from the past?

We are winning this and Wenger will be staying.

Power n Glory
06-04-2018, 11:10 AM
Makes me laugh that some of the people who belittled this competition now say they really want to to win it, I've always said winning a European competition is better than making up the numbers in the CL and was happy with us being in this, others however claimed it was small time and didn't even want to be in it and now suddenly are desperate for us to win it.

Personally it's a double edged sword for me, really want us to win it as winning a European trophy would be amazing, but at the same time I don't want Wenger in charge anymore and don't want him to have any chance of a new contract, winning this could give him that and of course we'd be back in the CL making money so would have no incentive to replace him.

The pro Wenger fans will also spring out of the woodwork and start telling everybody how great he is and how everyone was wrong.

It's a decent competition. Some good teams have come through it. Atletico being one of them.

I'm not watching the games at the moment and have no idea if that will change anytime soon. If we end up actually winning the thing, regardless of what it means for Wenger's future, I doubt I'll enjoy it as much as I should because I haven't been following the games. If the Board keep him for one more year, I highly doubt I'll watch the opening game for next season. Who knows where it goes from there.

Letters
06-04-2018, 12:49 PM
It's a decent competition. Some good teams have come through it. Atletico being one of them.

I'm not watching the games at the moment and have no idea if that will change anytime soon. If we end up actually winning the thing, regardless of what it means for Wenger's future, I doubt I'll enjoy it as much as I should because I haven't been following the games. If the Board keep him for one more year, I highly doubt I'll watch the opening game for next season. Who knows where it goes from there.

Interestingly, I am watching the the Europa League games because it's something I think we could genuinely win and while it's no CL it's a cup competition I could get excited about us winning.
Dream scenario is we win it and Wenger leaves on somewhat of a high.
I suspect neither will happen.

GP
06-04-2018, 12:52 PM
Wenger :bow:

Sign da ting

Niall_Quinn
06-04-2018, 01:20 PM

Not watching either. It's not a conscious decision to avoid watching the match on a pirated stream, because that would be a meaningless form of protest. It's just I don't remember they are even on. I'm doing other stuff. If I was at a loose end I'd probably still watch. But Wenger has killed my interest. The nonsense has gone on for too long. I can't be bothered engaging with a thing that is all about one man and his ego. He'll throw everything into this cup now, having totally fucked up another season in all respects. It's all he has left to try to justify hanging on to his job, and when it comes to Wenger saving his own hide he'll do whatever it takes. I can see him somehow, by whatever twist of fate, scraping out a win against Atleti in the final. Maybe they'll have a man sent off, maybe they'll eat dodgy lasagne, whatever. And then the Wenger cult will reappear and claim you can't sack a manager after he's won a European trophy (even though other top teams have done just that) and so it will all go round again. The momentary buzz of winning a cup will be obliterated by the realisation this second grade, rather pathetic man will spend at least another season regurgitating his usual bullshit. Been there, seen it so many times. How is it possible to be engaged by it any more? Maybe my interest will come back as we reach the tail end of next season and his contract is up. But don't be surprised if we win this thing and they give him a longer contract - to avoid uncertainty, of course. If that happens then I'm gone for good, like many fans I suspect.

Özim
06-04-2018, 02:03 PM

Yeah I'm with you, the thought of Wenger staying on definitely dampens the excitement of winning, it's his ticket to a new contract, as NQ says he'll luck his way to the trophy and so it will all begin again, he won't leave and may well get an extension because "he's the best man for the job", sickening really.

Özim
06-04-2018, 02:05 PM
Not watching either. It's not a conscious decision to avoid watching the match on a pirated stream, because that would be a meaningless form of protest. It's just I don't remember they are even on. I'm doing other stuff. If I was at a loose end I'd probably still watch. But Wenger has killed my interest. The nonsense has gone on for too long. I can't be bothered engaging with a thing that is all about one man and his ego. He'll throw everything into this cup now, having totally fucked up another season in all respects. It's all he has left to try to justify hanging on to his job, and when it comes to Wenger saving his own hide he'll do whatever it takes. I can see him somehow, by whatever twist of fate, scraping out a win against Atleti in the final. Maybe they'll have a man sent off, maybe they'll eat dodgy lasagne, whatever. And then the Wenger cult will reappear and claim you can't sack a manager after he's won a European trophy (even though other top teams have done just that) and so it will all go round again. The momentary buzz of winning a cup will be obliterated by the realisation this second grade, rather pathetic man will spend at least another season regurgitating his usual bullshit. Been there, seen it so many times. How is it possible to be engaged by it any more? Maybe my interest will come back as we reach the tail end of next season and his contract is up. But don't be surprised if we win this thing and they give him a longer contract - to avoid uncertainty, of course. If that happens then I'm gone for good, like many fans I suspect.

This is something that no Arsenal fan should want, trouble is if he wins it, people will forget everything that has gone before and revel in the win and the fact we're in the CL, basically this disastrous season (it's been a car crash let's face it) will be painted as a good season, seen this too many times before and know the way it goes

fakeyank
06-04-2018, 05:14 PM
There is no way in hell we can even fluke a win against Atletico.

Niall_Quinn
06-04-2018, 05:24 PM
There is no way in hell we can even fluke a win against Atletico.

We have players that should be able to compete with them on a fairly even basis. It will all depend how much Wenger gets involved. If he stays out of things completely or the players ignore him then we have a decent chance. For every input he makes our chances diminish. If he has a major input then you are right, we have zero chance.

The Emirates Gallactico
06-04-2018, 05:57 PM
Jesus Christ Zim, can you stop with the petty attacks on "Wenger in" people?

Literally no on this place wants him to stay and barely anyone in the wider Arsenal fanbase does either. All it does it create divisions, aggravate people and make the place even more toxic than it already is.

We'd lose in a two leg tie I'm sure off but we may just be able to pull of a win in a one-off ala the Chelsea cup final last year.

I don't think they're better than us man for man tbh. The likes of Ozil, Mkhi & Lacazette are good enough to get into their team - I'd say it's pretty comparable. Where they completely shit us is as you say, the manager and tactics & setup which why they're favourites for this as long as they remain in it.

Özim
06-04-2018, 06:56 PM

Literally no on this place wants him to stay and barely anyone in the wider Arsenal fanbase does either. All it does it create divisions, aggravate people and make the place even more toxic than it already is.

We'd lose in a two leg tie I'm sure off but we may just be able to pull of a win in a one-off ala the Chelsea cup final last year.

I don't think they're better than us man for man tbh. The likes of Ozil, Mkhi & Lacazette are good enough to get into their team - I'd say it's pretty comparable. Where they completely shit us is as you say, the manager and tactics & setup which why they're favourites for this as long as they remain in it.

You must be in denial, there's still plenty about, you can bet your bottom dollar if he won the Europa cup and he signed a new contract people would be telling us he deserves it, you're only not seeing them much right now as it's been a car crash of a season, if it hadn't been they'd be harping on about how there's noone to replace him.

Atletico are a better team, better defensively and certainly better in midfield, they also have a better keeper, there's a reason they've been up there challenging for the big prizes in recent years, tactics, discipline, work ethic and the odd worldiie. Ozil and Lacazette may get into their team but that's about it, Mkhitaryan no chance, doesn't work hard enough and the reality is he hasn't been that impressive for years now.

Power n Glory
06-04-2018, 07:41 PM

I'm not avoiding games out of protest either. I'm just not fussed about watching us play or can be bothered to find a stream if it's not on TV. I used to plan weekends around the football and avoid scheduling anything that would clash with an Arsenal game. Not the case anymore. The games are low on the priority scale. Win, lose or draw, it doesn't matter anymore. Unless the Board are prepared to pull the trigger on Wenger soon, I can't see the point in following the games.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
06-04-2018, 11:47 PM
I would love us to win it and really hope that we do. Don't really care if it means he sees out the last year. I think he will see it out regardless. European trophies don't come around often and I was a little too young to really appreciate the cup winners cup.

Letters
07-04-2018, 08:07 AM
I'm not avoiding games out of protest either. I'm just not fussed about watching us play or can be bothered to find a stream if it's not on TV. I used to plan weekends around the football and avoid scheduling anything that would clash with an Arsenal game. Not the case anymore. The games are low on the priority scale. Win, lose or draw, it doesn't matter anymore. Unless the Board are prepared to pull the trigger on Wenger soon, I can't see the point in following the games.

You've turned into me :o

You :pal:

Goonermerree
07-04-2018, 08:47 AM
Our attack looks good. I want us to win the thing but our defence is still suspect.

Özim
07-04-2018, 07:20 PM
I would love us to win it and really hope that we do. Don't really care if it means he sees out the last year. I think he will see it out regardless. European trophies don't come around often and I was a little too young to really appreciate the cup winners cup.

What you haven't thought about is the potential new contract he could get if he wins the Europa, there's a definite possibility.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
07-04-2018, 08:32 PM
What you haven't thought about is the potential new contract he could get if he wins the Europa, there's a definite possibility.

Honestly, that hasn't occurred to me because I just don't think it is feasible enough to be overly concerned about. If he wins a trophy that equates more to achieving the minimum target of qualifying for the CL rather than actually moving forward and progressive success earning a new contract. And I do think we are at a stage where a new contract would have to be 'earned', otherwise, the last 2 year contract he got might have been a 3/4 years contract.

If Kroenke goes over several senior board heads and offers him a new contract then I tend to think he is probably of a mind to do that with or without the Europa triumph.

Goonermerree
08-04-2018, 09:19 AM
Got to want to win it, sadly, I don't think out defence is good enough.

fakeyank
09-04-2018, 01:43 PM
So if our only two options are:

Win Europa and Wenger stays, OR Lose Europa and he goes, what would you pick?

GP
09-04-2018, 01:47 PM

Win Europa... OR Lose Europa ... what would you pick?

Win it, obviously.

The Emirates Gallactico
09-04-2018, 01:48 PM

Win Europa & Wenger says. He's an old man who'll retire eventually and there's no way in hell he's getting a new contract in the current climate so it'd be one more year at most.

No point spiting the club through losing out on a European Trophy, CL football and money as well as damaging our reputation & stature just to try and get rid of the old fool. Last season should have put bed to the notion that "if we finish out of the top four Wenger will go" - an argument that used to be frequently made on here.

All a moot point as I'm certain he's going in the summer. I'll even bet my account on it.

Letters
09-04-2018, 02:01 PM

What the others said. If we won it and he stayed FOREVER then I may give a different answer but he is mortal...I think :unsure:
Would love it, just love it, if we won the EL.

fakeyank
09-04-2018, 04:12 PM
I think I may be able to live with the fact the Wenger is here for another year if it means winning the EL. However, my fear is that he will get another contract extension if he wins it. I can deal with one more season like this, but not sure of another.

If winning EL means we have another 3 seasons of him, I hope that we dont win it.

Goonermerree
09-04-2018, 05:33 PM
Got to hope we win the EL, CL football next season, something for a new manager to get to grips with. Wenger will leave in summer wn't he? Promise me he will leave.

Marc Overmars
09-04-2018, 08:49 PM
I don't believe he's getting a new deal so I think I'd be ok with him staying if we won the EL as I think we are in the transitional phase now of him finally doing one.
We're not going win the league or CL anytime soon but at least it would be another trophy and success in Europe, which is something we haven't done in donkey's years. I can respect that.

If I felt he was going to be here for several more years then I wouldn't really give a shit about the EL.

Niall_Quinn
09-04-2018, 11:26 PM
Almost everything at Arsenal is unbelievable. It's beyond belief Wenger is still here. So how much more unbelievable would it be if he got a new contract on the back of us somehow fluking the Europa? You discount the unbelievable with this club at your peril. I can clearly see the scenario where he gets a new contract.

Anyway, we have no chance whatsoever once we come up against a decent team. People underestimate just how bad we have been on this mini-run against the worst of the pub teams.

Letters
10-04-2018, 08:58 AM
Why would the Europa be a fluke? The games I've seen recently in the competition we've played well and deserved to win.

Özim
10-04-2018, 09:15 AM
Almost everything at Arsenal is unbelievable. It's beyond belief Wenger is still here. So how much more unbelievable would it be if he got a new contract on the back of us somehow fluking the Europa? You discount the unbelievable with this club at your peril. I can clearly see the scenario where he gets a new contract.

Anyway, we have no chance whatsoever once we come up against a decent team. People underestimate just how bad we have been on this mini-run against the worst of the pub teams.

Spot on, nothing would surprise me with this club, probably one of the most money motivated clubs in football today, an old boys club where they reward their pals just because they can, this is what worries me, whilst I'd like to win the Europa, you could just imagine that in the euphoria the club would sneak in a new contract telling everyone there's noone better than him to take us forward.

Let's face it Wenger wants to stay and a Europa cup win would just about facilitate that without any real complaints from in large part a relatively indfferent group of fans, you can just see after a few wins how the discontent has fallen, it's that easy, so a new contract certainly isn't that far fetched.

Özim
10-04-2018, 09:18 AM
Why would the Europa be a fluke? The games I've seen recently in the competition we've played well and deserved to win.

Against pub teams yes, although against Ostersunds we barly deserved it, Atletico are the only decent side in there and if we got them in the final there's always the chance of a lucky win (look at Liverpool when they beat us in the FA Cup final), circumstances, fortunate decisions, getting away with poor defending due to one team not being able to put the ball in the net for some inexpicable reason, we've seen it before.

We haven't played anyone decent yet in this competition.

selassie
10-04-2018, 10:41 AM

Aye, anything is possible and it would take a Chelsea style FA Cup Final performance to beat them in a one-off, Wenger would need to do his homework and thoroughly for us to stand a chance.

The only thing I would question is that I am not so sure Mkhi or Lacazette would make their starting XI.

Their front 3 is essentially Griezmann, Costa and Thomas Partey. You could make a case for Mkhi getting the nod ahead of Thomas Partey...but he would not start ahead of Griezmann. Lacazette wouldn't start ahead of Costa.

Their keeper Oblak is in the top 3 best in the world for me, their defence is very good too...Godin is a world class CB IMO and would walk into our team, JuanFran their full back would walk into our team, Savic would also start for us too. You could argue Hernandez their full back may not get the nod over Monreal...but it's a close run thing. Even their backup CB Jose Gimenez who is actually a very good young CB would start for us.

In midfield...Saul and Koke would start ahead of Ramsey and Xhaka IMO, even their veteran Gabi would get in ahead of Xhaka.

It's all horses for courses and a mute point comparing like for like...the real difference is between the two managers like we have said.

Niall_Quinn
10-04-2018, 12:39 PM
Atleti won't sit back and admire us. They won't give us the time most of our players need on the ball before they are capable of stringing a couple of passes. Add on top of that a layer of Spanish footballing cynicism that we'll in no way plan for or try to counter.

We'd have a puncher's chance against them, but Wenger will set us up to punch ourselves in the face repeatedly.

Wenger needs to step aside and let somebody else prepare the squad for these games. He can still be manager and all, but just fuck off and don't interfere. That would increase our chances dramatically. But it will never happen. If anything, Wenger will be totally hands on for this because he knows his arse is on the line. So the players will have to be mega to get a result over two legs, beating Atleti AND Wenger. Close on impossible I'd say.

But maybe Atleti will get knocked out in the semis. Getting another team to do the job for us is our best chance.

Letters
10-04-2018, 12:45 PM
Meh...

Unless Wenger is sacked tomorrow, latest, we're out. Guaranteed.

Guaranteed.

We should all know this by now as Arsenal fans that have suffered Wenger for so long.

http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=4168

Niall_Quinn
10-04-2018, 12:48 PM
Still worshiping at the altar?

Özim
10-04-2018, 01:32 PM
To beat Atletico we'd have to be lucky, either they get knocked out before we meet them or we get lucky in the final, they're a far superior team and have a far superior manager to us, but football i a funny sport, you can dominate a game and create endless chances and still end up losing 1-0 through luck more than ability.

If Atletico perform and don't have some ort of terrible luck where things just won't go for them they'll win, their keeper is better, their defence is better, their midfield is better and even their attack is better, as NQ says we have a punchers chance, in a one off lucky game and we could win, but not through being the better team because we're not.

Atletico are a proper team, they're always there or thereabouts with the big prizes, they did have a poor start to this season but have recovered well, generally though they're in the title hunt and in the hunt for the CL.

Letters
10-04-2018, 01:33 PM
We weren't better than Chelsea last year but we beat them in the FA Cup Final.
On the day we weren't lucky, we were just better than them.

Özim
10-04-2018, 01:36 PM
Yes that's why I said you have a chance in a one off match, things go against your opponents or they don't turn up for some reason, takes luck when you're the inferior outfit, takes your opponents not to perform or get unlucky.

If Chelsea had performed like they could they would have wiped the floor with us, tey didn't turn up, think the title was won and they relaxed and were unprofessional and getting ready for their hols (can happen if you win the title before the end of the season).

Simeone is a better coach than Conte though, think one thing he does do is get his team motivated for big games, they always seem to turn up for those.

Letters
10-04-2018, 01:40 PM
There was nothing lucky about the FA Cup Final win. We were much better than them on the day.

Özim
10-04-2018, 01:49 PM
You just admitted they were a better team, is it not pretty lucky they didn't turn up then? When you play a better team and I don't mean more consistent I mean a team with better players and a better group you need to be lucky to win.

Letters
10-04-2018, 02:25 PM
They did turn up, we just played really well on the day. They're not SO MUCH better than us that we had no chance of beating them, although they were clearly favourites.
I mean, there are elements of luck and fine lines in any game.
Lacazette could and should have equalised at the end of the NLD - had he done so we would have been very lucky to get a point out of that game.
Sometimes a game finishes and you think you were lucky to win, or unlucky to lose. The Cup Final wasn't like that at all. On the day we played very well, we deserved it.

Marc Overmars
10-04-2018, 02:29 PM
We played well and deserved the win but were lucky to get away with Sanchez's blatant handball for the first goal. :lol:

Letters
10-04-2018, 02:31 PM
:lol: Tbh I'd forgotten about that. OK, I'll give you that.
But overall on the balance of play we earned that win - and once they equalised it would have been typical of us to fall apart, but we didn't.

Özim
10-04-2018, 03:18 PM
Think Chelsea were suffering from a post title win hangover to be honest, they didn't perform like they can on the day, I don't think that Chelsea team were all that great in all fairness, they were better than us but we did thrash them 3-0 earlier in the season, pound for pound Liverpool and Man City teams of this season are better but still they were superior to us. Hence my indifference with Conte, I don't really think the team he's built is all that, moreover he fell out with his best forward Costa and replaced him with the awful Morata.

Atletico IMO are different class, they're better than us allover the pitch and have a better manager, we'd have to get lucky to beat them IMO.

Özim
10-04-2018, 03:22 PM
We played well and deserved the win but were lucky to get away with Sanchez's blatant handball for the first goal. :lol:

There's you luck right there! :lol:

Letters
10-04-2018, 03:24 PM
Interestingly, Atletico are not that prolific up front.
They've scored only 51 goals in 31 games, the lowest in the top 5.
Their defence looks pretty special though, they've only conceded 15, fewer than Barca even.
Scored a fair number in the Europa League but as has been noted the quality is somewhat mixed, we have too.

I'll be honest, I don't know loads about them but I think on our day we'd have a chance.

WMUG
10-04-2018, 03:44 PM
After watching the Stoke game and the first leg against CSKA, I've mentally discounted winning the EL as a possibility. We gave away so many needless chances against CSKA that any decent finisher would have buried, we just got lucky that they didn't have any decent finishers. 4-1 was not a scoreline reflective of the balance of the game, it should have been about 8-4.

We won't get the chances to score 8 against Atletico or Leipzig, and they'll have the finishers to punish us.

Given we'll most likely have to play at least one of them later in the competition (assuming we don't balls it up on Thursday), I'm not getting my hopes up.

Letters
10-04-2018, 03:55 PM
Yes, I have seen a few games recently where we have won comfortably but you can't help feel a better team would have lapped up some of the chances we gave them.
Our defending on Sunday was comical.
But Atletico's scoring in the league is not that impressive, it's been better in the Europa but against poorer sides, we would probably the best side they've played in it, as would they for us.
From everything I'm hearing they'd start as favourites but they are not unbeatable.

selassie
10-04-2018, 03:59 PM
Interestingly, Atletico are not that prolific up front.
They've scored only 51 goals in 31 games, the lowest in the top 5.
Their defence looks pretty special though, they've only conceded 15, fewer than Barca even.
Scored a fair number in the Europa League but as has been noted the quality is somewhat mixed, we have too.

I'll be honest, I don't know loads about them but I think on our day we'd have a chance.

Their whole system is built on not getting beaten and they have had a World Class defence for a number of years now. Tactically they are near flawless IMO.

They are a very well drilled side who are very difficult to break down. They won't buckle under pressure lightly, they regularly go toe to toe with Barca or Real in La Liga so we will be like Chicken feed to them.

They may not be prolific scorers like Real or Barca, but they have plenty of players who can hurt us (Costa, Griezmann, Saul, Koke etc).

As I said earlier, assuming we get to the final and face them we will need a special performance to beat them.

If we face them in the Semis assuming we draw them then we are going out IMO, we won't knock them out over 2 legs.

WMUG
10-04-2018, 04:02 PM
They might not be prolific in the League, but they're the type of team that will just stop you from scoring and be clinical at the other end. So yeah, maybe we could beat them in the final, but that'd require too much luck for it to be worth getting my hopes up for.

Penguin
11-04-2018, 08:08 PM
From everything I'm hearing they'd start as favourites but they are not unbeatable.

I'd agree with that.

Cripps
11-04-2018, 08:52 PM
Sounds like Chelsea last season.

And we beat them in the cup final :coffee:

Europa is ours :coffee: