PDA

View Full Version : The next manager..

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Marc Overmars
20-04-2018, 09:49 AM
So, who's it going to be?!

Wenger said he thinks Vieira has the potential.
The day after he steps down.

Coincidence or is he alluding to his successor?

GP
20-04-2018, 09:53 AM
I don't think Vieira is the right man at this time. Maybe in future, but I'd like for him to have some experience in a league that isn't garbage.

Throw all the money at Allegri

selassie
20-04-2018, 10:09 AM
Allegri or Enrique seem to be the early favourites.

Id take either, would love Allegri to be honest, it would be an Elite appointment.

The Emirates Gallactico
20-04-2018, 10:22 AM
Way too early for Paddy. Can't afford to take the risk at this stage.

Tap up Simeone during the Atletico game or go in for Tuchel, Allegri or Simeone.

Cripps
20-04-2018, 10:24 AM
Allegri :pray:

Marc Overmars
20-04-2018, 10:25 AM
It has to be Allegri really if the board have any designs on competing for the league or CL again.

Marc Overmars
20-04-2018, 10:36 AM
The bookies have Brendon Rogers as the favourite.

Come back Arsene!

AFC Leveller
20-04-2018, 10:37 AM
Enrique or Allegri for me, both proven and still young.

GP
20-04-2018, 10:38 AM
The bookies have Brendon Rogers as the favourite.

Come back Arsene!

https://i.redd.it/tuyr3qstd1t01.jpg

Letters
20-04-2018, 10:53 AM
https://image.ibb.co/cPgC47/Moyes.jpg

Obvs.

The Emirates Gallactico
20-04-2018, 10:55 AM
Given how good Ivan has been the past year with the backroom decision making I don't think we'd be silly enough to appoint Rodger, Low or Vieira/Arteta

AFC Leveller
20-04-2018, 10:57 AM
According to the Mail, the club want either Low or Tuchel but they also fans of Rodgers lol.

Tuchel hs a good reputation but all he won at Dortmund was a cup.

The Emirates Gallactico
20-04-2018, 11:04 AM
Yeah the Mail knows shit. Unless it comes from Ornstein it's worthless.

Mind you, even he couldn't get the scoop on this. By all accounts this was posted on the website first ....... not even a sniff of a leak of it like there was when Fergie stood down.

Niall_Quinn
20-04-2018, 11:21 AM
RODGERS OUT!

dostoy
20-04-2018, 11:34 AM
Arsenal need an established winning manager.

He does not have to be manager for the next 10 years just 3 or 4 to get the club back to where it was many years ago.

Allegri, Conte, Ancelotti or Jardim.

Not Tuchel or Rodgers.

Xhaka Can’t
20-04-2018, 11:36 AM
‘Insert name of manager’ OUT!!!!!

Marc Overmars
20-04-2018, 11:54 AM
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11787/11338821/celtic-will-allow-arsenal-to-approach-brendan-rodgers-says-clubs-majority-shareholder-dermot-desmond

Rogers given the green light if we want him. :lol:

Bumble
20-04-2018, 11:55 AM
I don't think we need an established winning manager. Need someone who can organise us defensively and convince another club Mustafi is worth £30m. Although the announcement does need to happen sooner rather than later so that we can start getting rid of players and making new acquisitions. Personally I would like an opportunity given to someone on the way up given them an opportunity at a bigger club not someone stepping down or sideways.... well apart from Ancelloti despite being an ex Chav.

Although if it is Rodgers then some people might be wanting Wenger back!!

KSE Comedy Club
20-04-2018, 11:55 AM
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11787/11338821/celtic-will-allow-arsenal-to-approach-brendan-rodgers-says-clubs-majority-shareholder-dermot-desmond

Oh GOD!!!!

'Be careful what you wish for'

Thankfully I think Ivan at least has some sort of a brain :good:

Bumble
20-04-2018, 11:56 AM

Its happening, he will be cheap and used to not spending much money at Celtic. The big names probably want more money to spend on new players.

Niall_Quinn
20-04-2018, 12:06 PM
Forget Rogers. Won't happen. He's there to make any other choice look good.

A Gunner
20-04-2018, 12:10 PM
To be honest, after Wenger, there's no point of being sentimental.

Just get some fucker who can win us stuff!

Sorry, I was a setinmental person. Now, all hell break lose. I want to win win win!!!

Bumble
20-04-2018, 12:13 PM
To be honest, after Wenger, there's no point of being sentimental.

Just get some fucker who can win us stuff!

Sorry, I was a setinmental person. Now, all hell break lose. I want to win win win!!!

Wenger won 3 FA cups in 4 years and we are closeish to a Europa league final so Wenger did win things recently. So I think its more than just winning. Even with a new manager I don't think we will win the league but I do expect us to come above teams like Chelsea and Spurs. Maybe not Liverpool at the moment, or United. City is a given.

A new manager should get us back into the CL, competitive in the league and beyond the last 16 in the CL.

Flavs
20-04-2018, 12:14 PM
I don't think Vieira is the right man at this time. Maybe in future, but I'd like for him to have some experience in a league that isn't garbage.

Throw all the money at Allegri

:gp::gp:

Why not get a seasoned pro in with Vieira or Henry as their assistant? My money is still on Tuschel or Lowe

A Gunner
20-04-2018, 12:24 PM
Wenger won 3 FA cups in 4 years and we are closeish to a Europa league final so Wenger did win things recently. So I think its more than just winning. Even with a new manager I don't think we will win the league but I do expect us to come above teams like Chelsea and Spurs. Maybe not Liverpool at the moment, or United. City is a given.

A new manager should get us back into the CL, competitive in the league and beyond the last 16 in the CL.

I'm one of the people who never said "Wenger Out". I think Wenger has setted the bar so high, that there were no real way to replicate what he has done. He was destined to disappoint.

I would like to see us play in a different way. Maybe the problem of us not winning more isn't all Wenger (I'm sure it isn't) but now we are changing to someone new, I just want to see win win win!!!

Marc Overmars
20-04-2018, 12:32 PM
It's about finding an identity again, that's why we fell out of love with Wenger. No one is demanding title after title but he allowed standards to slip to the point where we are pretty much unrecognisable now and not even considered worthy enough to dine at the top table of clubs.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
20-04-2018, 12:34 PM
Pedantic as it may be.... after Enrique came out with that 'give managers 6 months contracts' rubbish I've never considered or wnated him to be anywhere near the club.

I don't want a post depression era to start with Simeone who's football I am not a fan of so for the love of God not him.

Allegri I like. Tuchel I like or Jardim.

A Gunner
20-04-2018, 12:40 PM
It's about finding an identity again, that's why we fell out of love with Wenger. No one is demanding title after title but he allowed standards to slip to the point where we are pretty much unrecognisable now and not even considered worthy enough to dine at the top table of clubs.

I think the biggest problem is, everyone knows we have a problem, even Wenger knows he has a problem, but no matter how bad it used to be, somehow Wenger managed to get to forth place, sometimes by "luck", but now for two season in a row he can't. Last season, he still managed to rally the guys. But this season, he's into a situation, even he doesn't know how to fix.

I guess, we all want someone who can solve a problem. But I really don't want a Rodger or even a Viera.

Niall_Quinn
20-04-2018, 12:58 PM
Conte is my gut feeling.

Bags of energy, enthusiasm, experience of winning the thing, and he wouldn't have the same problems here as he has in chavland with that mercenary gang of players who decide when managers should go. Quite the opposite. He'll find a docile dressing room that is begging to be fired up.

Try him for a year, maybe two. We now have the common luxury of being able to give managers the boot if they don't work out.

Cripps
20-04-2018, 12:59 PM
Would love Conte.

That would be a bold move. Come on Ivan.

Flavs
20-04-2018, 01:01 PM
I could see Wenger doing a couple of years at Everton

But i Think it may be the France job or the PSG job as both are free in the summer

Marc Overmars
20-04-2018, 01:02 PM
I could see Wenger doing a couple of years at Everton

But i Think it may be the France job or the PSG job as both are free in the summer

France or PSG would be my bets for his next move too. Both straightforward jobs where talent is already there on a plate and he need not worry about anything else.

I don't see him at another PL club as funny and weird as that would be. :lol:

Niall_Quinn
20-04-2018, 01:10 PM
Journos are saying PSG and ourselves are after Tuchel and if we win the Wenger goes to PSG.

Can't see him managing a PL club. None of the top teams will risk it and he'd see the smaller clubs as a big step down. If he's smart he'll retire or move into some other role in football, something novel like a non-corrupt UEFA exec.

Cripps
20-04-2018, 01:19 PM
Tuchel doesn't get on with Sven. So no go.

Goonermerree
20-04-2018, 01:22 PM
RODGERS OUT!

I don't want him either!

Goonermerree
20-04-2018, 01:26 PM
Conte is my gut feeling.

Bags of energy, enthusiasm, experience of winning the thing, and he wouldn't have the same problems here as he has in chavland with that mercenary gang of players who decide when managers should go. Quite the opposite. He'll find a docile dressing room that is begging to be fired up.

Try him for a year, maybe two. We now have the common luxury of being able to give managers the boot if they don't work out.
I think Conte has a problem with Abramovich, he's never going to win that one.

GP
20-04-2018, 01:39 PM
TODGERS OUT!

:gp:

Niall_Quinn
20-04-2018, 01:43 PM

I'm pretty sure with the money on offer they can probably get over themselves.

Cripps
20-04-2018, 01:45 PM
HCZ :rose:

The way we've all been waiting for and he's locked up in a prison cell :lol: :rose:

selassie
20-04-2018, 01:49 PM
Given how good Ivan has been the past year with the backroom decision making I don't think we'd be silly enough to appoint Rodger, Low or Vieira/Arteta

I agree TEG. I think Gazidis is making big moves at the club and his appointments have been spot on so far.

Gazidis will truly come out of his shell now that Wenger is on the way....to be honest, aside from the hash he made of the Kit deal....his work over he past few years has been top notch in regards to recruitments.

selassie
20-04-2018, 01:51 PM

I really don't want him, we should be aiming a lot higher than him.

AFC Leveller
20-04-2018, 01:59 PM
I can see the logic behind Rodgers, he is one of the few manager who know the PL, are still young and have experience at a top club. The board will want someone to steady the ship first and formost, they know how difficult it is to replace someone who’s been there for so long. However, it’s a no from me because I hate the lipstick wearing cunt.

The Emirates Gallactico
20-04-2018, 03:23 PM

They're grown men. They can sort out of their differences.

People who've had much worst relationships ended up sorting them out.

The Emirates Gallactico
20-04-2018, 03:25 PM
I can see the logic behind Rodgers, he is one of the few manager who know the PL, are still young and have experience at a top club. The board will want someone to steady the ship first and formost, they know how difficult it is to replace someone who’s been there for so long. However, it’s a no from me because I hate the lipstick wearing cunt.

If they want to steady the ship then it has to be Ancelotti. Has the pedigree for a big role.

Only thing is that he's too much like Wenger in his management style. We need to go for an actual coach, especially given the backroom stuff is mainly sorted out now. Hence why I'm a major fan of Tuchel.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
20-04-2018, 03:32 PM
Vieira and Wenger have a fractured relationship I hear and yet Wenger still recommends him (always looking after his sons), so yes perhaps Tuchel and Sven can just be men about it.

Goonermerree
20-04-2018, 03:33 PM
You'd think the club has somebody lined up before the announcement.

Goonermerree
20-04-2018, 03:34 PM
If they want to steady the ship then it has to be Ancelotti. Has the pedigree for a big role.

Only thing is that he's too much like Wenger in his management style. We need to go for an actual coach, especially given the backroom stuff is mainly sorted out now. Hence why I'm a major fan of Tuchel.

I don't want Ancelotti, I'd prefer somebody younger and frssher.

Özim
20-04-2018, 03:38 PM
No thanks to Tuchel, he's just massively overhyped and has achieved nothing.

Marc Overmars
20-04-2018, 03:38 PM
Gazidis press conference at 5pm.

Possibility of the new guy being named? Or is that just wishful thinking.

The Emirates Gallactico
20-04-2018, 03:42 PM
https://i.imgur.com/sPd1GaQ.png?1

Come on Wenger, don't ruin your send off by pushing your replacement on us.

I don't want Ancelotti, I'd prefer somebody younger and frssher.

Same here. I think he's past it.

KSE Comedy Club
20-04-2018, 03:43 PM
Sky sports in Germany say no chance Tuchel will join us as he is going to PSG.

The Emirates Gallactico
20-04-2018, 03:44 PM
Gazidis press conference at 5pm.

Possibility of the new guy being named? Or is that just wishful thinking.

Seems wishful thinking at this stage. They'll want to give Wenger some time to bow out respectfully and given Wenger's pointed comments about Viera, it seems to suggest that the board haven't come up with a name just yet. Either way I'll be tuning it.

Guessing SSN will be broadcasting.

KSE Comedy Club
20-04-2018, 04:25 PM
We are not gonna hear anything yet then.

Oh well

Niall_Quinn
20-04-2018, 04:55 PM
Sky sports in Germany say no chance Tuchel will join us as he is going to PSG.

New name being speculated by the media, some bloke called Arsene Smith. Don't know anything about him.

Master Splinter
20-04-2018, 06:36 PM
A German coach makes sense if you consider what's been going on behind the scenes.

BFG to take over in a few years :bow:.

The Emirates Gallactico
20-04-2018, 07:02 PM
Daily Mail has an exclusive saying that Luis Enrique is in advanced talks to be new manager. Apparently Raul recommended him.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5639849/Luis-Enrique-set-Arsene-Wenger-Arsenal-end-season.html

Not totally aghast and better than some of the other names but fuck it, we really could do better than him.

Xhaka Can’t
20-04-2018, 07:23 PM
I wouldn’t rule out Yahiro Kazama.

Bumble
20-04-2018, 07:45 PM
Pity Joey Barton has been snapped up. he could have got the players in line or showed them how to gamble.

Mac76
20-04-2018, 07:52 PM

If talk about Rodgers becomes serious i'll be joining the 'we want Wenger back' brigade

Rodgers will truly bury us

Bumble
20-04-2018, 07:56 PM
If talk about Rodgers becomes serious i'll be joining the 'we want Wenger back' brigade

Rodgers will truly bury us
He plays passing football and nearly got Liverpool to win the league. Plus it could be fat Sam.

The Emirates Gallactico
20-04-2018, 08:05 PM
He plays passing football and nearly got Liverpool to win the league. Plus it could be fat Sam.

Suarez was what nearly carried them to the title that season.

At any rate, that season was an outlier among his entire Liverpool career which is what we should judge it on. And even I could win the league in Scotland with Celtic.

selassie
20-04-2018, 10:51 PM
I have had a really good think about this and I personally want Jardim of Monaco to become our new boss. I think he is a realistic appointment. Admittedly he has never managed a big club but he is a winner, has an impeccable track record with promoting / developing young players to a high level, and seems to get the best out of established / experienced players.

The team he built last season at Monaco was a joy to watch, absolute quality in every single area of the team.

He did very well at Sporting Lisbon too prior to his time at Monaco.

AFC Leveller
21-04-2018, 05:56 AM
He also won the league where PSG shit on everyone. I would have him as 2nd choice behind Allegri. I spoke to my Barca supporting mates last night and they said that Enrique isn’t a coach, he is more like a manager. They also said that he tinkers too much and cost them vital games when he changed things for no reason and failed to spot weaknesss in the team.

Özim
21-04-2018, 06:40 AM
I have had a really good think about this and I personally want Jardim of Monaco to become our new boss. I think he is a realistic appointment. Admittedly he has never managed a big club but he is a winner, has an impeccable track record with promoting / developing young players to a high level, and seems to get the best out of established / experienced players.

The team he built last season at Monaco was a joy to watch, absolute quality in every single area of the team.

He did very well at Sporting Lisbon too prior to his time at Monaco.

Totally agree along with Allegri by far the best choice.

selassie
21-04-2018, 06:58 AM
He also won the league where PSG shit on everyone. I would have him as 2nd choice behind Allegri. I spoke to my Barca supporting mates last night and they said that Enrique isn’t a coach, he is more like a manager. They also said that he tinkers too much and cost them vital games when he changed things for no reason and failed to spot weaknesss in the team.

Yep, I’m not massively keen on Enrique either, his record at Celta Vigo & Roma was very questionable. He wasn’t exactly great in the transfer market at Barca either, he inherited a world class team and MSN pretty much won him them trophies.

Cripps
21-04-2018, 08:29 AM
Shortlist seems to be:

Allegri
Jardim
Enrique
Rodgers
Arteta
Vieira

:popcorn:

Gooner23
21-04-2018, 09:02 AM
Jardim or Allegri would be great. Paddy V would be my 3rd choice as a bit of a wild card.

Wonder what will happen to Bouldy, by all accounts he hasn't been given much responsibility under Wenger so maybe he'll get another chance under a new boss. The rest of Wenger's cronies (Colbert, Peyton, Primoric) can do one though.

Mad Jens should be promoted. Wouldn't be against bringing in another legend to the coaching staff as well.

Cripps
21-04-2018, 09:29 AM
Think the new manager will bring in his own assistant unless it's an Arteta or Paddy who will probably be happy with Bould.

If a top manager comes in then maybe Bould can be made defensive coach and he can stick to what he's good at, and be actually allowed to coach the defence.

The Emirates Gallactico
21-04-2018, 09:59 AM
Wouldn't put too much stock in any lists at the moment.

I'm certain the only reason why Rodgers name is being touted and is one of the favourites is because all his cronies/friends/mates in the media are constantly mentioning his name. Probably so when he actually he gets the West Ham or Palace job next year, their fans will seem grateful.

Jardim or Allegri would be great. Paddy V would be my 3rd choice as a bit of a wild card.

Wonder what will happen to Bouldy, by all accounts he hasn't been given much responsibility under Wenger so maybe he'll get another chance under a new boss. The rest of Wenger's cronies (Colbert, Peyton, Primoric) can do one though.

Mad Jens should be promoted. Wouldn't be against bringing in another legend to the coaching staff as well.

Primoric I think kind of already stepped down last year. Peyton needs to fuck off though ..... seriously. I'm convinced he's the reason why our GK's have been so calamitous and why someone like Woijech ended up regressing despite showing so much promise early on and why Cech looks like a shadow of his former self.

I think Colbert's been marginalised thanks to both Burgess & Shad coming in ..... I believe he only really works with getting players who have been injured back to fitness rather than maintaining and keeping fit already available players.

Cripps
21-04-2018, 10:23 AM
Will be interesting to see what Wenger does next.

He spoke about going until Fergie's age and that he still has fuel left in the tank, and I think there's a part of him that feels betrayed and wants to prove us wrong. I can see him managing France or going to another club, but will he go to PSG? He has lambasted oil money and taken a moral stance against it over the years, so it would be ironic and hypocritical for him to end up there. At the same time, the PSG job is the only top job I can see there being for him.

The Emirates Gallactico
21-04-2018, 10:27 AM
I just hope he writes that much talked about "book". Would definitely buy and read that.

Not that he needs the money but he could probably live of the money he makes off it as I'm sure most gooners would be interested in it.

Letters
21-04-2018, 10:30 AM
I just hope he writes that much talked about "book". Would definitely buy and read that.

Not that he needs the money but he could probably live of the money he makes off it as I'm sure most gooners would be interested in it.

Definitely. Obviously every person has their own take but would love to know his thoughts about what has gone on, especially over the last 10 years or so.

Thierrymon
21-04-2018, 10:47 AM
Shortlist seems to be:

Allegri
Jardim
Enrique
Rodgers
Arteta
Vieira

:popcorn:

Only Allegri and Jardim would make me happy from that list.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-04-2018, 11:52 AM
There is a danger of just assuming that one person is the light or would spell trouble, they will most likely have their coaching team but also the structure above them will be completely different to the last 20 years.

It has been all Wenger making the decisions, whereas anyone that takes it now is more likely to only have coaching to focus on.

Cripps
21-04-2018, 12:10 PM
There is a danger of just assuming that one person is the light or would spell trouble, they will most likely have their coaching team but also the structure above them will be completely different to the last 20 years.

It has been all Wenger making the decisions, whereas anyone that takes it now is more likely to only have coaching to focus on.

That is true. Which has made me think hard as to how Rodgers would get on. His transfer business was awful at Liverpool, he wasted £200m, but here he would have SAS to guide him. However, my other main issue with Rodgers is he doesn't train the defence; some of those Liverpool defensive performances were peak Arsenal banter years.

I want a manager that fixes the defence. Rodgers won't do that.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-04-2018, 12:23 PM
True, ultimate cavalier football was Liverpool 13/14 and eventually it cost them.

I just don't like Rodgers, there's something extremely disingenuous about him. I know it's a running joke on Redcafe comparing him to David Brent but it does hold resonance.

Özim
21-04-2018, 02:28 PM
Will be interesting to see what Wenger does next.

He spoke about going until Fergie's age and that he still has fuel left in the tank, and I think there's a part of him that feels betrayed and wants to prove us wrong. I can see him managing France or going to another club, but will he go to PSG? He has lambasted oil money and taken a moral stance against it over the years, so it would be ironic and hypocritical for him to end up there. At the same time, the PSG job is the only top job I can see there being for him.

I hope he goes nowhere near the France job, want France to get a decent manager, last one was the Lemerre, since then it's been a succession of calamities and Wenger if chosen would be the next. Not good enough for France, a top manager will be able to get a lot of this group, Wenger doesn't fit into that group.

Özim
21-04-2018, 02:29 PM

Same for me, Jardim, Allegri and 3rd choice Vieira, the rest I'm just not interested in.

Cripps
21-04-2018, 03:34 PM
Arsenal battle Chelsea for Massimiliano Allegri as PSG eye Arsene Wenger - EXCLUSIVE https://t.co/mfvEbKpzcX

:pray:

KSE Comedy Club
22-04-2018, 06:35 AM
Same for me, Jardim, Allegri and 3rd choice Vieira, the rest I'm just not interested in.

Enrique has to be a serious contender though, surely? :shrug:

He did very well in the 3 years he was with Barca

Cripps
22-04-2018, 06:50 AM
DarrenArsenal who is solid in terms of contacts at the club says:

It’s not Rodgers

:dance:

McNamara That Ghost...
22-04-2018, 06:56 AM
Arsenal battle Chelsea for Massimiliano Allegri as PSG eye Arsene Wenger - EXCLUSIVE https://t.co/mfvEbKpzcX

Sarri to Chelsea seems a little out of kilter. It'd make more sense Sarri to us and Allegri to Chelsea you'd think but it seems to be the other way round. :lol:

It's looking like Luis Enrique but we're being linked with everybody I guess.

Globalgunner
22-04-2018, 07:03 AM
Im available

Cripps
22-04-2018, 07:07 AM
Enrique has to be a serious contender thought, surely? :shrug:

He did very well in the 3 years he was with Barca

He had the best team and squad of players on the planet :shrug:

His record prior to Barca wasn't that impressive... how good is he? :shrug:

Cripps
22-04-2018, 07:12 AM
Sarri to Chelsea seems a little out of kilter. It'd make more sense Sarri to us and Allegri to Chelsea you'd think but it seems to be the other way round. :lol:

It's looking like Luis Enrique but we're being linked with everybody I guess.

Sarri is interesting because he has made Napoli play some excellent football but he has won nothing as a manager in 18 years of management. Also he's 59 so he's not young, I think the board will want someone younger.

Thierrymon
22-04-2018, 07:13 AM
Hopefully not Enrique.

The Emirates Gallactico
22-04-2018, 09:25 AM
DarrenArsenal who is solid in terms of contacts at the club says:

It’s not Rodgers

:dance:

Thank fucking god. I swear his agent must be paying pundits to keep mentioning his name in the vague hope Ivan is watching.

Almost would rather have Wenger stay than this twat become next manager.

And I agree about Sarri. Great season but he's old, hasn't won much and had a journeyman career prior to this season and has some dodgy political views allegedly regarding LGBT rights which given our status as an inclusive cosmopolitan club with a global fanbase, wouldn't go down well. Also smokes like a chimney. I think Chelsea are after him anyway.

And the more I read about Enrique the less inspired I become about him. Took over a ready made dynasty at Barca and just kept them ticking almost getting sacked in the first year after losing to Moyes' Sociedad. I'm actually at the stage where I wouldn't mind taking a punt on Vieira over him.

Cripps
22-04-2018, 09:31 AM
And I agree about Sarri. Great season but he's old, hasn't won much and had a journeyman career prior to this season and has some dodgy political views allegedly regarding LGBT rights which given our status as an inclusive cosmopolitan club with a global fanbase, wouldn't go down well.

Really? Let's get him in then.

Xhaka Can’t
22-04-2018, 09:42 AM
Im available

You’re unproven so you’ll be unlikely to get much over £5m per season.

The Emirates Gallactico
22-04-2018, 09:46 AM
Really? Let's get him in then.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/napoli-head-coach-maurizio-sarri-banned-for-two-games-following-roberto-mancinis-accusations-of-a6826176.html

Got banned and fined after using homophobic insults against Mancini. Got very cute & evasive when he was asked whether he supported LGBT rights as well.

And yeah no. Outside the fact that we shouldn't want a homophobe or a racist managing us, it would be horrible in terms of sponsorship. Why would anyone want to support a club that openly supported someone that discriminated against people? We're not Chelsea.

Cripps
22-04-2018, 10:02 AM
That changes everything. I think he'd be a great choice.

Goonermerree
22-04-2018, 10:02 AM
You’re unproven so you’ll be unlikely to get much over £5m per season.

I'll do it for a million!

Globalgunner
22-04-2018, 10:19 AM
I'll do it for a million!

Is that a million Pounds, Mars bars or Oreos. Pls clarify

Goonermerree
22-04-2018, 10:21 AM
Is that a million Pounds, Mars bars or Oreos. Pls clarify

Pounds of course! I'll do a few sessions then I can retire.

KSE Comedy Club
22-04-2018, 10:21 AM
He had the best team and squad of players on the planet :shrug:

His record prior to Barca wasn't that impressive... how good is he? :shrug:

I’m not 100% sure personally, however a friend of mine has been a Barca fan for over 20 years and he said he was gutted when Enrique left and he wanted him to continue as manager for as long as possible. He thinks they were at their best under him and he still had some work to do at the start to get the team clicking after Pep left.

He did also have a record 42 wins in 50 games with Barca at one point as well.

He can’t be all that bad tbh.

Mac76
22-04-2018, 10:23 AM
Thank fucking god. I swear his agent must be paying pundits to keep mentioning his name in the vague hope Ivan is watching.

Almost would rather have Wenger stay than this twat become next manager. .

Agree, i think's a bit of mischief in the media too, they'd love it if Bodgers messed up the club even more, so they could all carry on their spuds love-in

McNamara That Ghost...
22-04-2018, 10:26 AM
They did play differently under Enrique, they were all about the front three and far less about the midfield suffocating the life out of the opposition and more direct for it.

He did alright with Celta Vigo, not sure what much more can be expected after one season there than finishing nine and they played good football also.

Globalgunner
22-04-2018, 10:31 AM
Enrique or Allegri for me. If we sign Rodgers Ill resign from life

KSE Comedy Club
22-04-2018, 10:34 AM
They did play differently under Enrique, they were all about the front three and far less about the midfield suffocating the life out of the opposition and more direct for it.

He did alright with Celta Vigo, not sure what much more can be expected after one season there than finishing nine and they played good football also.
I think I would be happy with Enrique if he were to be chosen, I was never interested in Tuschel tbh, I would probably say my choices are between Enrique/Lowe/Allegri

Marc Overmars
22-04-2018, 11:15 AM
I wouldn't mind Enrique. Obviously we'd be way more of a challenge than Barca but his philosophy is good and lets not forget we ourselves have some ready made talent that any manager would love to work with.

selassie
22-04-2018, 11:31 AM
Seems like the Enrique rumours are gathering pace, hardly surprising given our Director Of Football has worked with him in the past and has a good relationship with him.

Rodgers has ruled himself apparently 😊

Mind you I don’t know how credible the links with him were in the first place!

Cripps
22-04-2018, 11:47 AM
Wenger says he will let everyone know why "later". Sh*t must have really hit the fan.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
22-04-2018, 01:49 PM
Only reason why Vieira is a plausible candidate at all is Wenger's recommendation the details of which we have no idea about other than he is his ex player and is inclined to look after his own. That could end up even worse than Fergusons Moyes recommendation.

Unconvinced by Enrique and I think Allegri tends not to focus on midfield....or least it's seemed that way to me. I really want the next manager who, as much as sorting out the defence, is really going to sort out the functionality in midfield so that we start actually taking control of games again.....like when Santi was in there.

Cripps
22-04-2018, 06:47 PM
https://twitter.com/CorriereTorino/status/988117177332125701?s=19

Sarri sticking the middle finger up at opposition supporters :lol:

What a man. Come on Ivan :bow:

AFC Leveller
22-04-2018, 06:57 PM
Ancelotti would probably be the most likely one out of the lot, at least that’s what i think the board will be looking at. He is steady, has experience in this league and carries himself very well.

I don’t think the board will go for someone from abroad, they won’t risk it.

The Emirates Gallactico
22-04-2018, 06:59 PM
I suppose I wouldn't mind Ancelotti for a couple of years if the plan was to reestablish ourselves in the top four and to wait for someone like Vieira or Arteta to become ready.

Could do an LVG type role here except hopefully less terribly.

https://twitter.com/CorriereTorino/status/988117177332125701?s=19

Sarri sticking the middle finger up at opposition supporters :lol:

What a man. Come on Ivan :bow:

Let's see if he actually manages to beat Juventus then tonight. Otherwise he's going to look like an idiot.

Xhaka Can’t
22-04-2018, 07:00 PM
Let's see if he actually manages to beat Juventus then tonight. Otherwise he's going to look like an idiot.

That ship has sailed.

Cripps
22-04-2018, 09:34 PM
Imagine this was all a ploy to get people to renew their season tickets and club level :lol:

Bumble
23-04-2018, 12:41 PM
Imagine this was all a ploy to get people to renew their season tickets and club level :lol:

you mean once the renewals all in... Wenger is re-hired on a new 2 year contract because we couldn't find anyone better suited for the job?

AFC Leveller
23-04-2018, 05:54 PM
Arsene Wenger has confirmed that he is in fact re-signing and NOT resigning as manger of Arsenal.

The Frenchman said: why would I leave? I thought I told you idiots that until death do us part is my moto, in here for the long run.

Marc Overmars
23-04-2018, 06:19 PM
Apparently Arteta is a front runner. Gazidis likes him. :lol:

Way to undo all the good work in getting Wenget out Ivan.

Master Splinter
23-04-2018, 06:29 PM
As long as it's not Rodgers.

Özim
23-04-2018, 06:30 PM
Arteta would be a shocking appointment.

Xhaka Can’t
23-04-2018, 06:44 PM
Arteta would be a cheap appointment. It is however more likely he would be a Number 2.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-04-2018, 07:19 PM
Be careful what you wish for...:lol:

I don't believe it's true to be honest.

KSE Comedy Club
23-04-2018, 07:25 PM
Thankfully, I’m sure that’s just media horseshit as they don’t really have a fucking clue

selassie
23-04-2018, 07:31 PM
Arsene Wenger has confirmed that he is in fact re-signing and NOT resigning as manger of Arsenal.

The Frenchman said: why would I leave? I thought I told you idiots that until death do us part is my moto, in here for the long run.

:lol:

selassie
23-04-2018, 07:32 PM
Apparently Arteta is a front runner. Gazidis likes him. :lol:

Way to undo all the good work in getting Wenget out Ivan.

Jesus Christ! Mind you it seems Gazidis hated Wenger so I wouldn’t put it past him to make this crazy appointment!

The Emirates Gallactico
23-04-2018, 07:54 PM
Well I guess I would take him over Henry and he is learning from Pep but still ........... it's far too risky at this stage. The priority has to be re-establishing ourselves back into the top four and closing the gap that's emerged between us and the others.

We simply can't afford to take any gambles.

Arteta would be a cheap appointment. It is however more likely he would be a Number 2.

He's currently number two to the best manager in the world who just won the league at a canter. Don't think he'll leave them just to be number two here. Has to be the top job or he stays there as long as Pep's around at least.

The Emirates Gallactico
23-04-2018, 08:08 PM
Here's the link to the article ..

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/11344252/ivan-gazidis-believes-mikel-arteta-could-be-arsene-wengers-replacement-at-arsenal

"Sky Sources" at this point.

Ivan wants Arteta
Raul wants Enrique
Sven wants Nagelesmen

Simeone as the compromise candidate please. :pray:

Cripps
23-04-2018, 08:23 PM
Sounds as if it might be Vieira. AFCamden tweeted the next manager will be Vieira then deleted the tweet, but posted a picture of Paddy with Wenger afterwards. He has solid contacts at the club so unless he's on a wind up then it could well be Paddy taking the reigns next.

I think Gazidis might be lured into trying to find the next Pep and dining off that for the rest of his life, it seems to be the norm nowadays trying to find the next up and coming Pep. Plus I get the feeling Ivan also likes the fact he'd be appointing a black manager... being the first to give an opportunity for a BAME candidate at an elite club and the plaudits that would give. Fits in with the whole cosmopolitan look we try to give off.

It would be one risky move and I don't like the idea of someone inexperienced taking over but I'd prefer him to Arteta. I see Arteta as another yes man with no backbone whatsoever, whereas at least Vieira has managed and has some backbone. Plus I think he'd sort the defensive side of our team out.

Not ideal but I can deffo see it happening.

The Emirates Gallactico
23-04-2018, 08:28 PM
The guys on the Tuesday club were saying that the only reason why Ivan rates Arteta so highly is that allegedly Arteta once bought him a watch. :lol::lol:

I really like to think that Ivan's professional enough to not let that influence his decision making.

Marc Overmars
23-04-2018, 08:34 PM
Sounds as if it might be Vieira. AFCamden tweeted the next manager will be Vieira then deleted the tweet, but posted a picture of Paddy with Wenger afterwards. He has solid contacts at the club so unless he's on a wind up then it could well be Paddy taking the reigns next.

I think Gazidis might be lured into trying to find the next Pep and dining off that for the rest of his life, it seems to be the norm nowadays trying to find the next up and coming Pep. Plus I get the feeling Ivan also likes the fact he'd be appointing a black manager... being the first to give an opportunity for a BAME candidate at an elite club and the plaudits that would give. Fits in with the whole cosmopolitan look we try to give off.

It would be one risky move and I don't like the idea of someone inexperienced taking over but I'd prefer him to Arteta. I see Arteta as another yes man with no backbone whatsoever, whereas at least Vieira has managed and has some backbone. Plus I think he'd sort the defensive side of our team out.

Of all the rookie candidates I think I’d prefer Vieira the most.

Though that isn’t really anything to do with his coaching ability as I don’t follow MLS but more to do with how I perceive his personality to be and what kind of a captain he was.

Henry is a joker and Arteta as you say is a yes man.

Power n Glory
23-04-2018, 08:53 PM
Well I guess I would take him over Henry and he is learning from Pep but still ........... it's far too risky at this stage. The priority has to be re-establishing ourselves back into the top four and closing the gap that's emerged between us and the others.

We simply can't afford to take any gambles.

He's currently number two to the best manager in the world who just won the league at a canter. Don't think he'll leave them just to be number two here. Has to be the top job or he stays there as long as Pep's around at least.

How much do you think he could have learned as an assistant coach in such a short period? He'd have to be exceptional to make such a transition in such a short space of time. Super coach material. If that's the case, whoever didn't notice his qualities whilst at Arsenal should be shot. They'd have never have let him leave Arsenal.

I think Arteta may have the potential but not just yet.

The Emirates Gallactico
23-04-2018, 10:06 PM
How much do you think he could have learned as an assistant coach in such a short period? He'd have to be exceptional to make such a transition in such a short space of time. Super coach material. If that's the case, whoever didn't notice his qualities whilst at Arsenal should be shot. They'd have never have let him leave Arsenal.

I think Arteta may have the potential but not just yet.

Probably quite a lot. From everything that's been said he's a very intelligent person who planned out his post career early on, getting his coaching badges done early, networking with the right people (remember that image after the Bayern game two seasons ago when we beat them at home where he was captured talking to Pep post the game - wouldn't be surprised if that's when he struck up the relationship) and established deep ambassadorial roots at Arsenal when he was club captain (noted that he went above and beyond the call of duty - going out of his way to welcome Alexis & Gabriel to the club and helping them settle in England - probably why Ivan & the board really like him).

However there's one thing studying and acquiring knowledge, it's another thing actually implementing it in practise. Remember AVB? Learned under Mourinho yet it never worked out for him in England.

And tbf to the club, I think we actually offered him a role at the club once he retired. It's more that the opportunity to work with Pep was far more appealing than sticking around with the old man ...... you can't really blame him for that, especially as he doesn't have the same deep rooted association with the club like other ex-players.

And I completely agree. I think there's a likely a very good coach in there but it's way too early to tell right now and it's far too risky for us given the shitty situation we're in (we absolutely can not afford to go THREE years without CL football). Even though Vieira is the less riskier and more sensible option (out of the ex-players) I can't help thinking that there's potentially a higher ceiling & reward with Arteta if he does turn out to be the next Pep.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if he gets offered the Man City role in two years. The thing with Pep is that he usually doesn't stick around for too long at one club and given the intensity of his coaching he usually gets exhausted after a while. Though Man City unlike us, can afford to take a punt of him given their recent success and the money they have. Maybe that's why Ivan is so keen ..... snap him up before he's lost to City forever.

Penguin
23-04-2018, 10:27 PM
Arteta has never even managed a club. He shouldn't be anywhere near the list of candidates.

Ralpheroo72
24-04-2018, 12:12 AM
Arteta one day maybe, but not yet. Luis Enrique, Ancelotti or Allegri would be favourable. I really hope we don't suffer the same way United have done post Fergie.

Flavs
24-04-2018, 06:36 AM
I hope its not Enrique, he looks like a giant tortoise having a tricky shit

scallywag
24-04-2018, 07:42 AM
Arteta has never even managed a club. He shouldn't be anywhere near the list of candidates.

But! he has nice hair lol

Ralpheroo72
24-04-2018, 10:28 AM
Sky Italy reporting that Ancelotti has been offered the Italy job

KSE Comedy Club
24-04-2018, 10:35 AM

Either of those would be an awful choice.

I have no interest in even debating whether Paddy or Arteta would be any good - because let's be honest - they won't be.

Neither are experienced enough to get us back on track to where we need to be.

We need a proper Manager with experience - preferably with winning things.

There is no point in everyone seeing the decline of Wenger and him finally leaving, to then pin our hopes on a manager who might be 'ok'

Cripps
24-04-2018, 11:03 AM
Spot on. It would be worse than Moyes managing Utd. At least he had experience.

Marc Overmars
24-04-2018, 11:06 AM
Also with Arteta I don't really like the fact that many in the squad would have played with him too. I don't think it makes for being much of an authority figure when you've previously been a peer of those you are instructing.

Power n Glory
24-04-2018, 11:29 AM
Spot on. It would be worse than Moyes managing Utd. At least he had experience.

Yep. The equivalent of Utd hiring Giggs or one of the Neville brothers for the job. It would be a disaster.

Bumble
24-04-2018, 12:05 PM
Either of those would be an awful choice.

I have no interest in even debating whether Paddy or Arteta would be any good - because let's be honest - they won't be.

Neither are experienced enough to get us back on track to where we need to be.

We need a proper Manager with experience - preferably with winning things.

There is no point in everyone seeing the decline of Wenger and him finally leaving, to then pin our hopes on a manager who might be 'ok'

the problem is that you have no real idea if anyone is going to be good at managing arsenal. there is no guarantee. I don't mind who the next manager is as long as they are given a fair chance. The worry is if the rumours of a £50m "warchest" are true.

selassie
24-04-2018, 12:32 PM
the problem is that you have no real idea if anyone is going to be good at managing arsenal. there is no guarantee. I don't mind who the next manager is as long as they are given a fair chance. The worry is if the rumours of a £50m "warchest" are true.

I don't think they are true, the club wouldn't be silly enough to leek this prior to wanting to appoint a new manager.

It's within there interest to keep this kind of stuff quiet...well at least throughout the negotiation stage.

Sure we don't have the budget of the Manchester Clubs or Chelsea or arguably even Liverpool now....but we are by no means broke.

50million budget is West Ham level, not a side that finishes top 6, makes a fair whack from gate receipts and has up until recently been a regular top 4 side whilst not spending much money net.

We are top 8 in the Forbes rich list of clubs Globally, or at least were up until last season.

Marc Overmars
24-04-2018, 12:42 PM
We have spent a fair bit lately for our standards so I wouldn't be surprised if we are somewhat capped with what we can spend. Ozil, Auba and Laca are on huge contracts comparable to anything the Manchester clubs and Chelsea pay their stars.

Possibly without the added bonus of CL revenue as well I don't anticipate we will be dropping huge sums of money this summer.

Wenger blew the lot over the past few years with not much return.

Flavs
24-04-2018, 12:45 PM
Ancelotti for me, with a former player as assistant be that Henry or Arteta or whomever. Was worried he was too old but apparently only 58!

Goonermerree
24-04-2018, 12:47 PM
Ancelotti for me, with a former player as assistant be that Henry or Arteta or whomever. Was worried he was too old but apparently only 58!

Think I want somebody a bit younger and fresher than Ancelotti. Unless he'll be just there to get us over the initial period of change.

selassie
24-04-2018, 12:51 PM
We have spent a fair bit lately for our standards so I wouldn't be surprised if we are somewhat capped with what we can spend. Ozil, Auba and Laca are on huge contracts comparable to anything the Manchester clubs and Chelsea pay their stars.

Possibly without the added bonus of CL revenue as well I don't anticipate we will be dropping huge sums of money this money.

Aye, I definitely think we are capped so to speak...just not sure of the validity of the 50million budget. 50million gets you a top class emerging player in the current market. We basically need to rebuild Central Defence, need a New Keeper and arguably at least one Central Midfielder. I appreciate we can shift the likes of Mustafi, Xhaka and maybe Ramsey (who has so far not signed his contract), but aside from Ramsey...we won't be getting much money in for the other two.

Power n Glory
24-04-2018, 12:55 PM

Possibly without the added bonus of CL revenue as well I don't anticipate we will be dropping huge sums of money this summer.

We'll most likely have to sell before we can buy. Would make sense for the new manager to want to the current squads strengths and weaknesses for himself before going crazy in the transfer market.

Goonermerree
24-04-2018, 12:57 PM
They need to have somebody soon and agree terms so he can start the job from the back seat now, observing and such.

Flavs
24-04-2018, 01:03 PM
I still have that horrible feeling they will go for Eddie Howe

dostoy
24-04-2018, 01:05 PM
I would not mind Ancelotti, but either Conte or Allegri would be better.

If they appoint Henry, Vieira or Arteta then that would be a major disappointment, even Rodgers would be better than any of them.

Arsenal need a top manager, someone who is established, not up and coming.

I wonder if the board are capable of getting the right man.

KSE Comedy Club
24-04-2018, 01:15 PM
The more I read up about him, the more I am starting to put Enrique as my first choice.

He is a no nonsense manager and likes to play a direct, pacy, attacking game. Plus he has experience and titles under his belt.

I genuinely believe he would be able to handle the job with aplomb.

2nd choice would be Low.

3rd choice Allegri.

Outside chance Simeone

AFC Leveller
24-04-2018, 02:30 PM
What do people make of the rumors about Gazidis basically firing Wenger after years of hiding behind him? that press conference last week was cringeworthy where he went on about Wenger being the greatest ever and how difficult it will be to replace him. If he was so good and replacing him is so tough, why are you getting rid of him? i get thats what he's supposed to say but i just find the whole situation weird.

KSE Comedy Club
24-04-2018, 03:26 PM
What do people make of the rumors about Gazidis basically firing Wenger after years of hiding behind him? that press conference last week was cringeworthy where he went on about Wenger being the greatest ever and how difficult it will be to replace him. If he was so good and replacing him is so tough, why are you getting rid of him? i get thats what he's supposed to say but i just find the whole situation weird.

That press conference was for show to cover up the fact that they have forced Wenger to fuck off. It made perfect sense to big him up and dribble over him, he is the last long serving manager so there are some plaudits there to be spoken about.

Otherwise Ivan would have had to come out and say "he is shit and we are glad he's leaving or he would have been fired"

I don't buy the rumours either, we all know Wenger had too much power at the club and Ivan probably didn't have the chance to have a voice until Wenger started fucking up so much.

Cripps
24-04-2018, 03:52 PM
I reckon gunnersaurus forced wenger out.

Niall_Quinn
24-04-2018, 04:58 PM
If you mix all the journo speculation into one pot it sounds like Wenger picked up on the intent to let him go at the end of the season so jumped before he was pushed. His reason for going, the fans spoiling the image of the club, is bullshit of course because he wasn't worried about that at the end of last season when he wrangled his new contract by bypassing the board. The public face put on by all parties is standard stuff. I bet it's frosty behind the scenes though.

KSE Comedy Club
24-04-2018, 05:21 PM
Sky have no clue.

Ralf Rangnik is the contender now :lol:

Marc Overmars
24-04-2018, 05:25 PM
At last, a proper option.

KSE Comedy Club
24-04-2018, 05:33 PM
I would like to think that Gazidis have identified a proper ‘top 3 candidates’ that we are seriously considering offering the position to.

All these outsiders and unproven talents smacks of the type of shit we would look at but if we want to be at the top of our game as a club again, then they wouldn’t be seriously considered?

Power n Glory
24-04-2018, 05:37 PM

Bullshit on Gazidis. Kroenke called in his son for a reason. Wenger was found out. Before the sponsorship deals, it was the Board taking all the blame for Wenger's failings. Wenger would constantly deflect the attention away from the fact we couldn't defend, the lack of heart and fight from the players, basically everything that happened on the pitch between 2005-2013 he'd say was down to lacking funds and others having more money to spend.

For a long time, the press and fans would ignore hallmark defiences that were common in every single team Wenger built after the Invincibles. It took a long time for the fans to see the pattern, it soon became clear that the players had enough, especially with the leaks from the dressing room about poor training and development sessions and it's taken Gazidis employing people with real modern day footballing knowledge and experience to weaknen Wenger's position.

The Emirates Gallactico
24-04-2018, 06:00 PM

Don't think they're rumours given all we've found out and Wenger's tetchy comments. And I wouldn't say he was hiding, more that he didn't really have the power to do anything until now when Kroenke finally gave the ok. To his credit he did attempt a move to oust Wenger last year and also was responsible for gradually diminishing his power and appointing the infrastructure that will allow us to finally transition away from him.

And that's just standard PR guff and to honour Wenger's service. He couldn't exactly say, "fuck off Wenger, we'll easily find a replacement for you".

At any rate, given that Wenger is gone and his power vanished, from here onwards everything that happens to the club he's fully responsible & accountable for. I actually quite rate Gazidis so I'm kind of optimistic that'll be a good thing.

Sky have no clue.

Ralf Rangnik is the contender now :lol:

Literally who? :lol::lol:

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
24-04-2018, 06:06 PM
on the profile the club is looking for when it replaces him…
I think that process starts today. What I will say is that it’s important to me that we continue the football values that Arsene has instilled in the club. I want to see somebody who can continue that for our fans, and our fans want to see that. Somebody who will continue to play exciting, progressive football that gets people interested and excited in the games we play. But I also think there is a significant piece with Arsenal Football Club of how the candidate represents the club. That’s important to me and I think it’s important to Arsenal fans. Those qualities… you mentioned again, ‘replace Arsene’, but that’s not going to happen. But what we have to do is that we don’t lose his qualities and his values within the club, and that we take them forward. I’m absolutely committed to doing that.

on the criteria for a new manager…
We have to go through that process. There is another value which I didn’t talk about which is young players. Our academy teams are doing extremely well and under the radar we have got a lot of players coming through into our first team, not just ones that you already know about but the next generation as well. So that value of giving youth a chance is also very important to the football club. I think we have got to be open-minded and also brave in the decision. When Arsene was appointed, I don’t think he was on many people’s radar screens. That doesn’t mean we have to make another appointment that not everybody is thinking about and talking about but it does mean we need to be bold and get the person we believe is the right person.

Based on the above you can pretty much rule out Simeone thank God......so I don't know why his name is still getting a mention.

Marc Overmars
24-04-2018, 06:09 PM
I think everyone’s name is getting a mention at this moment. You can get Letters at 500/1.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
24-04-2018, 06:12 PM
Since he said that though....those hoping for someone like Simeone should let that go. Gazidis will look even more foolish than in the past if we then go out and sign some jumped up Mourinho bore us to tears style manager.

The Emirates Gallactico
24-04-2018, 06:36 PM
I think everyone’s name is getting a mention at this moment. You can get Letters at 500/1.

Letters OUT!!!! NQ IN!!!!

The Emirates Gallactico
24-04-2018, 06:38 PM
Since he said that though....those hoping for someone like Simeone should let that go. Gazidis will look even more foolish than in the past if we then go out and sign some jumped up Mourinho bore us to tears style manager.

On the contrary, our fanbase out of any fanbase of any PL would be the most appreciative of someone who could actually organise a defence and win dirty after years of not being able to do that under Wenger. :lol::lol:

As much as I want him, I don't think Ivan would be interested (assuming he was available) not because of his style of play but more because he's not someone they can really control.

Marc Overmars
24-04-2018, 06:43 PM
I’d love Simeone’s warrior like qualities, we all know our team could do with a bit of that.

He’s more of a Chelsea manager though. Win at all costs is not a mantra embraced at Arsenal, rightly or wrongly.

Bumble
24-04-2018, 08:05 PM
think its a bit too late to get Klopp. Liverpool playing football that we should be playing. they can be sloppy at the back but there forward play is incredible.

Cripps
24-04-2018, 09:00 PM
Interesting development. Monaco are reportedly eyeing former player (also ex-PSG) & current River Plate coach Marcelo Gallardo... Leonardo Jardim potentially off? Les Monegasques certainly appear to have lost steam under him in recent weeks. #ASM #CARP https://t.co/BlWjpeg7De

selassie
24-04-2018, 09:00 PM
think its a bit too late to get Klopp. Liverpool playing football that we should be playing. they can be sloppy at the back but there forward play is incredible.

Let’s not kid ourselves here. We need to get the appointment of a new manager right and the new manager needs to implement a style, identity and character into his new team.

Klopp is doing some amazing work with Liverpool, they are the real deal now and here to stay.

Whoever comes into Arsenal needs to look at what Klopp has done as a reference for taking a top 6 side into a genuine quality team.

Liverpool will strongly challenge for the title next season, heck they could even win CL this season.

Xhaka Can’t
24-04-2018, 09:45 PM
Liverpool will strongly challenge for the title next season, heck they could even win CL this season.

That’s a bit of a bold statement to make this early in the competition when they are only 5-2 after the first leg of the semifinal.

Bumble
25-04-2018, 06:01 AM
That’s a bit of a bold statement to make this early in the competition when they are only 5-2 after the first leg of the semifinal.

haha

selassie
25-04-2018, 07:01 AM

:lol:

Sarcastic git!

Flavs
25-04-2018, 08:38 AM
A second question would be when do we expect to hear who it will be? Before the end of the season al la Guardliola at Man City when he replaced Governor Tarkin? After the seaon finishes, after the world cup? Steve Bould in as caretaker for next season?

KSE Comedy Club
25-04-2018, 08:40 AM
Realistically, we should be signing the man up before the end of the season so everyone can be somewhat settled for the summer.

But we do have a habit of dragging everything out, so who knows?

Flavs
25-04-2018, 08:44 AM
Perhaps we will try and get him cheap at the end of the January transfer window....

Flavs
25-04-2018, 08:55 AM
Whoever comes in it will be interesting to see how they address the teams frailties and if they can teach the like of Mustafi and Bellerin to defend. Also intersted to see if we get a midfield destroyer in as clearly using Xhaka as a DM doesnt work due to his inability to turn around

Marc Overmars
25-04-2018, 08:55 AM
A second question would be when do we expect to hear who it will be? Before the end of the season al la Guardliola at Man City when he replaced Governor Tarkin? After the seaon finishes, after the world cup? Steve Bould in as caretaker for next season?

I think we will make the appointment in the lull between the end of the season and the World Cup.

Flavs
25-04-2018, 08:59 AM
Strangest thing is that thanks to Wenger its an unbelievable job for someone to get really, huge stadium, wealthy beyond belief, amazing youth set up, world class training facilities, amazingly talented squad, a non involved board and a gargantuan fanbase

In fact fuck it, i am going to apply

Xhaka Can’t
25-04-2018, 12:23 PM
If you do, I think you’ll have to make some compromises when it comes to appointing your back room team.

You may have to work with somebody with a previous track record in management but who is also prepared to work as a Number 2.

I’m thinking 2 wallies, 1 brolly.

Bumble
25-04-2018, 12:25 PM
Enrique seems like favourite now. not really convinced as we don't have a Messi, Suarez & Neymar to allow us to win the league. So its really difficult to gauge how good a manager he is.

Bumble
25-04-2018, 12:26 PM
Strangest thing is that thanks to Wenger its an unbelievable job for someone to get really, huge stadium, wealthy beyond belief, amazing youth set up, world class training facilities, amazingly talented squad, a non involved board and a gargantuan fanbase

In fact fuck it, i am going to apply
If appointed what would your first decision be?

McNamara That Ghost...
25-04-2018, 12:32 PM
Deadline Day announcement. :cloud9:

Flavs
25-04-2018, 12:55 PM
I’m thinking 2 wallies, 1 brolly.

:haha::haha:

Flavs
25-04-2018, 12:59 PM
If appointed what would your first decision be?

hello there

My first would be to get rid of Steve Bruce and the coaching staff who have been here forever and replace them with a younger more hungry team. I would look at an ex-player as assistant be that Arteta or Freddie or another, I like Mertesacker as well i like the way he conducts himself at the club so would keep him in his new role.

In terms of players I think we need a midfield enforcer and have done for year, I know that sacrifices some of the creativity of the team but so be it, the odd long ball over the top might do us good. I also think we need a centre half as Mustafi is awful and Koscielny is buggered and I dont think Holding and Chambers are ready yet.

Then I would decide how to play Lacazette and PEA together

Niall_Quinn
25-04-2018, 01:05 PM
Steve Bruce?

Another anonymous hanger-on sucking up the payroll. Typical Wenger.

Flavs
25-04-2018, 01:08 PM
Steve Bruce?

Another anonymous hanger-on sucking up the payroll. Typical Wenger.

:haha:

all these old fugly centre halves are the same tbf

Marc Overmars
25-04-2018, 01:41 PM
Anyone remember years back when it was thought Bruce could be a Wenger successor? Mainly because we loaned him a few players. :lol:

KSE Comedy Club
25-04-2018, 01:42 PM
Anyone remember years back when it was thought Bruce could be a Wenger successor? Mainly because we loaned him a few players. :lol:

:lol: who the hell thought that!?!

Name and shame MO!

Flavs
25-04-2018, 01:42 PM

I wouldnt be surprised if he still was, with our board who knows

Also Owen Coyle and Aidy Boothroyd :bow:

fakeyank
25-04-2018, 01:53 PM
First thing I'd do is bring Martin Keown and probably one other defender from the famous 'back four' as defensive coach. This team needs to learn to defend before anything else.

Cripps
25-04-2018, 01:57 PM
I'd reduce hot dog prices. They're ridiculously high.

Flavs
25-04-2018, 01:58 PM
Someone who could teach Alex Iwobi how to look up would be great, i know its hard for him with such a HUGE head and such tiny eyes though

GP
25-04-2018, 02:07 PM
bludclaart

GP
25-04-2018, 02:11 PM
The new manager has been announced.

Apparently his name is Mr. Regnew

https://i.imgur.com/Olc0243.jpg

Flavs
25-04-2018, 02:12 PM
<_<<_<

KSE Comedy Club
25-04-2018, 02:16 PM
GP

You suck, sucky balls :sulk:

Niall_Quinn
25-04-2018, 02:22 PM
REGNEW OUT!

Mac76
25-04-2018, 02:42 PM

i know you're joking, but seriously letting those two goals in at the end could really blow up in their faces - i think that second leg will be very interesting...

Marc Overmars
25-04-2018, 03:13 PM
:lol: who the hell thought that!?!

Name and shame MO!

No one in particular, it was just a small theory that went round on the boards back in the day because they had a good relationship. :lol:

The Emirates Gallactico
25-04-2018, 03:15 PM
At least it wasn't as bad as those that advocated for Owen Coyle as the next Arsenal manager. :lol:

Fakeyank :haha::haha:

Xhaka Can’t
25-04-2018, 04:08 PM
i know you're joking, but seriously letting those two goals in at the end could really blow up in their faces - i think that second leg will be very interesting...

If I’m posting, I’m joking.

Liverpool will probably win the away leg as well

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
25-04-2018, 05:30 PM
I think anybody hoping they don't win the CL need to pin their hopes on getting their arses handed to them in the final (but realistically they will give Real a decent game). That will be far more painful for them anyway.

KSE Comedy Club
26-04-2018, 07:43 AM
Vieira says he is happy to be linked with managing us after Wenger.

Then he says that he doesn’t like the way some of the fans have treated Wenger towards he end and they have forgotten what he did for us ‘Yesterday’ and we are only living in the present.

He can definitely fuck off and stay in New York then :good:

GP
26-04-2018, 07:54 AM
He needs to manage in a real league before he comes here anyway.

Cripps
26-04-2018, 11:05 PM
What I'd give for Simeone to come in and sort the defence and tactics out.

Ivan :doh:

Cripps
27-04-2018, 12:09 PM
Confirmed: Unai Emery leaving PSG at the end of the season.

Marc Overmars
27-04-2018, 12:11 PM
He's one I'd take here.

Bumble
27-04-2018, 12:30 PM
I would give Vieira a go. As every says how bad a manager Wenger is therefore 6th is about as low as we are going to finish and I don't think we would finish higher than 4th with a different manager. So why not give him a go.

Mac76
27-04-2018, 12:45 PM
I would give Vieira a go. As every says how bad a manager Wenger is therefore 6th is about as low as we are going to finish and I don't think we would finish higher than 4th with a different manager. So why not give him a go.

obviously i'm a big fan of him but i think we need somone more senior and experrienced.

Let's face it we almost certainly won't be in the CL next year so we need a manager with the track record and player rplationships to bring some decent new players in, on the promise of CL the following season

Cripps
27-04-2018, 12:50 PM
Pires says Vieira is ready the job.

He also backed Wenger for years.

Let's hope he never has a senior role at the club.

AFC Leveller
27-04-2018, 12:53 PM
Emery would be a great manager for us. He’s available and will certainly accept the offer.

Goonermerree
27-04-2018, 12:53 PM
Confirmed: Unai Emery leaving PSG at the end of the season.

WENGER IN!!!

Oops :doh: - wrong thread, wrong club.

Goonermerree
27-04-2018, 12:54 PM
Pires says Vieira is ready the job.

He also backed Wenger for years.

Let's hope he never has a senior role at the club.

How can he be ready when he hasn't actually managed a club. Gerrard has more experience getting an interview with Rangers.

Cripps
27-04-2018, 01:34 PM
How can he be ready when he hasn't actually managed a club. Gerrard has more experience getting an interview with Rangers.

He's managing now :blink:

Letters
27-04-2018, 01:37 PM
I would give Vieira a go. As every says how bad a manager Wenger is.
By "everyone" do you mean "some internet twats"?

Vieira doesn't have the experience at this level, IMO.

GP
27-04-2018, 01:37 PM

Vieira is manager of New York, though granted it's only at a semi-pro level.

Goonermerree
27-04-2018, 03:45 PM
He's managing now :blink:

I mean a proper team.

Bumble
27-04-2018, 05:57 PM
By "everyone" do you mean "some internet twats"?

Vieira doesn't have the experience at this level, IMO.

yeah i mean people of the internet.

I just think 6th is as low as we are going to go and any manager coming in will only be able to take us to 4th place at best in new few years. We aren't going to spend the money to really challenge United and City. Klopp is a few years in at Liverpool and only a top keeper away from challenging for the title. So Vieira could bed in next year or so and does playing Champions League football really matter beyond the finances. Rather get to a Europa league final than the last 16 of the CL.

Flavs
28-04-2018, 02:03 PM
I would give Vieira a go. .

:unsure:

KSE Comedy Club
28-04-2018, 03:23 PM
Pep thinks that Enrique is “an amazing and excellent manager”

That’s all the endorsement we need, surely.

;)

Cripps
28-04-2018, 08:53 PM
Luis Enrique has requested £200m to spend this summer, something chief executive Ivan Gazidis is against, making the Spaniard becoming Arsenal manager very complicated. [@Kike_Marin_] #afc https://t.co/S2uUHJc7OP

He realises we need a major overhaul:lol:

Xhaka Can’t
28-04-2018, 09:19 PM
If we want a top manager, that is probably the size of budget we’ll have to offer.

Marc Overmars
28-04-2018, 09:23 PM
Most managers will want a big budget with play with. There really aren’t many now who can operate on a shoestring and there certainly aren’t many bargains to be had such is the quality of scouting in the game now. You have to act fast and hard with the cash to get who you want.

Wenger was of his time, armed with his exclusive knowledge of French talent. Managers these days all know as much as each other.

KSE Comedy Club
28-04-2018, 09:35 PM
We should be able to offer £200m for this summer. We have the money and this is a new era.

We need to wipe the slate clean and rebuild the squad to make it competitive again - £200m is about the right kind of money that we need to spend to do that, it’s obvious.

One big blow out this summer, to put us back on the map, should be expected and the bare minimum if we are to become great again.
Gazidis can’t be that stupid to think that a measly budget will turn us around?

That billionaire owner of ours needs to wake up and put his fucking hand in his pocket or let Usmanov put some dollar in, just for now, just this once, just to help steady the ship and turn things around.

Two shirt buttons and a bit of string won’t cut it anymore, we need more than Everton’s budget to sort us out.

Any credible, top manager coming in will want similar assurances or what is the point? We might as well have kept Wenger if we have no ambition to move onwards and upwards.

However, all this being said, Kike Marin is never right and talks a lot of shit :good:

Niall_Quinn
28-04-2018, 10:41 PM
Is that how managers do it? Request a cash amount? Seems far more likely they have a list of players they want to sign and leave the financials to the board. Who would pitch up at a job interview asking for 200 million quid? It's a vision for the progress of the team that would be required, not a request for a lump sum and a shopping trolley.

So bullshit story I would think. Besides, there's so much room for improvement over Wenger's dilapidated methods a new manager would have to get in there and see what he already has. The top managers know Wenger is shit. They know how big this club is and how much potential is there. Five minutes with the defence will improve it beyond anything Wenger was ever capable of.

I don't expect to see any dramatic overhaul or huge expenditure in the first year.

Xhaka Can’t
28-04-2018, 10:46 PM
Is that how managers do it? Request a cash amount? Seems far more likely they have a list of players they want to sign and leave the financials to the board. Who would pitch up at a job interview asking for 200 million quid? It's a vision for the progress of the team that would be required, not a request for a lump sum and a shopping trolley.

So bullshit story I would think. Besides, there's so much room for improvement over Wenger's dilapidated methods a new manager would have to get in there and see what he already has. The top managers know Wenger is shit. They know how big this club is and how much potential is there. Five minutes with the defence will improve it beyond anything Wenger was ever capable of.

I don't expect to see any dramatic overhaul or huge expenditure in the first year.

Yeah, they’ll have a list of players.

And unless they’ve been living in Pyeongchang, they’ll have an idea how much the Club will have to stump up.

Cripps
28-04-2018, 10:53 PM
Same happened with Ancelotti at Liverpool. Apparently he said they need a new spine so they ran towards Klopp.

Managers will assess the squad and tell the board how they would improve it. In fact you can bet your life one of the first questions Ivan will ask is 'what are you going to do with the squad?'. So Enrique saying he'd spend £200m wouldn't come as a surprise.

Xhaka Can’t
28-04-2018, 11:23 PM
The squad is a mess from the bulk of the midfield back to goal.

If there is to be a quick fix, and these days that is all it is about, £200m is pretty much what it will cost.

Gooner23
29-04-2018, 07:22 AM
At the very least we need a new GK, CB, and CM to all come straught in and improve the starting XI.

Plus a back up RB and another CB if we ditch Mustafi. I would also like to see a new winger, someone with pace and skill. We should be looking to pick up the next Sane (whoever that it).

Thats not going to come cheap.

LDG
29-04-2018, 07:41 AM
Well you’d expect whoever comes in to need a couple of seasons (like Klopp) to revamp.

You have to sell off the deadwood, and make some shrewd additions. 200m if you weren’t selling is about right, but net spend should be lower really.

Also a decent manager should be able to get more tactically from our lot. I still think with better coaching you get more out of some of our current squad.

Bumble
29-04-2018, 08:48 AM
So £200m that's one Neymar!!! or 1 and a half Courtinhos. Don't think that would make much difference on the squad. But surely a manager should be able to come in and improve performance without having to spend 200m. A new manager must want to work with the players and see how they train first before making all the decisions. maybe a couple of new players and sell players who are of no interest. But the rebuild will take a couple of years and no guarantee that we will be in the CL places next season even with a new manager.

Cripps
29-04-2018, 11:03 AM
I think £200m under SAS could go a long way actually. They're pretty good at finding gems. Just need a good manager to get the best out of the players.

Duncan Castles says we're in for Sarri now Allegri is a no go :lol:

Can't see it happening because of his views. But it should be happening because of his views.

Niall_Quinn
29-04-2018, 11:12 AM
Yeah, they’ll have a list of players.

And unless they’ve been living in Pyeongchang, they’ll have an idea how much the Club will have to stump up.

Still thinking in Arsenal terms, which is understandable considering Wenger's philosophy almost fossilised the club and everyone attached to it. We criticise the clubs that actually win stuff by saying they don't care about money. Because they don't, not to the degree where the manager is sitting there with a calculator in one hand and a phone in the other, lowballing other clubs, trying to unearth the next Sanogo.

This will be something that absolutely must be sorted out at the club. The manager keeping his nose out of the money side of things.

Goonermerree
29-04-2018, 11:14 AM
Is Brendan Rogers thrifty? If so, maybe that's why he's a front runner for the job, Scrape CL next season, then just keep us there and the money rolling in.

Niall_Quinn
29-04-2018, 11:14 AM
Well you’d expect whoever comes in to need a couple of seasons (like Klopp) to revamp.

You have to sell off the deadwood, and make some shrewd additions. 200m if you weren’t selling is about right, but net spend should be lower really.

Also a decent manager should be able to get more tactically from our lot. I still think with better coaching you get more out of some of our current squad.

Agreed. Or even if we don't, the new guy still has to try. We've all seen new defenders coming in looking competent for the first few games and then suddenly becoming inept. Maybe somebody who knows what they are doing can reverse the process.

The Emirates Gallactico
29-04-2018, 12:55 PM
Not that the new manager isn't entitled to ask for funds but it does confirm my fears about Luis Enrique - a chequebook manager who can only extract the minimum out of existing world class talent.

As rich as we are, we're not on the level of City, Utd or PSG who can literally buy two world class players for every position. The next manager has to be a good coach who can make the team better than the sum of it's parts - see Klopp or Pochettino who have some proper dross in their team (Henderson, Dier, Milner etc) yet they get their team performing week in week out thanks to tactics, coaching and system.

Out of the ones we're linked to, the only ones I feel can replicate that are Allegri, Tuchel & Jardim.

Cripps
29-04-2018, 01:03 PM
Agreed

Was never too keen on Enrique but much prefer him to Arteta so the only reason I'd want him is to keep Arteta out

Jardim is warming on me and seems to fit the bill with the direction we want to be heading.

Cripps
29-04-2018, 01:21 PM
Celtic beat Rangers 5-0 and are crowned champions of Scotland for the seventh successive season https://t.co/n60kcwGEfs

Rodgers:bow:

Bring him in :bow:

Letters
29-04-2018, 01:36 PM
Bloody hell. I could manage Celtic to the title...

AFC Leveller
29-04-2018, 02:40 PM
according to the Times:

Arsenal have stepped away from making Luis Enrique the managerial successor to Arsene Wenger, although the former Barcelona coach remains the bookmakers’ favourite for the job. The Sunday Times understands that senior executives consider Enrique an inappropriate fit to the position.

A Champions League and double La Liga winner before stepping down as Barca coach last year, Enrique would have been expensive, with his salary demands exceeding the pay of the man Arsenal invited to step down at the end of this season. More importantly, it is felt that Enrique’s self-absorbed approach to management would not mesh with the London club’s restructuring strategy. The 47-year-old does, however, remain a strong candidate to replace Antonio Conte as Chelsea coach.

Arsenal remain in the early stages of…

McNamara That Ghost...
29-04-2018, 03:00 PM
The press don't have a clue.

AFC Leveller
29-04-2018, 03:14 PM
Someone told me that Ty from ArsenalFanTV loves Wenger because the manager stops for a chat with Ty and some other gooners after every (more or less) home game.

Cripps
30-04-2018, 07:00 PM
We're interested in Fonseca apparently. Is he any good? :unsure:

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
30-04-2018, 08:36 PM
Someone told me that Ty from ArsenalFanTV loves Wenger because the manager stops for a chat with Ty and some other gooners after every (more or less) home game.

Amazingly that is true yes!

Marc Overmars
30-04-2018, 08:46 PM
That explains his reluctance to put any blame on Wenger’s doorstep.

Niall_Quinn
30-04-2018, 08:48 PM

They stand around until all hours in all weather until Wenger leaves and speaks to them through his car window.

Sad fucks.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
30-04-2018, 09:05 PM
It is a little Harry Redknap for my liking but....fair play to Wenger for stopping. He's alright that guy.

Niall_Quinn
30-04-2018, 09:35 PM
It is a little Harry Redknap for my liking but....fair play to Wenger for stopping. He's alright that guy.

I think they block his car. Then Ty sticks his dick through the window before the bodyguards can drag him away.

KSE Comedy Club
30-04-2018, 09:41 PM

Who!?!??

KSE Comedy Club
30-04-2018, 09:42 PM
I think they block his car. Then Ty sticks his dick through the window before the bodyguards can drag him away.

:haha::haha:

This genuinely gave me a proper belly wobbling laugh! :lol:

Cripps
30-04-2018, 11:18 PM
They stand around until all hours in all weather until Wenger leaves and speaks to them through his car window.

Sad fucks.

I wondered why it takes Letters a couple of hours to post in the match reaction threads :ninja:

Niall_Quinn
01-05-2018, 07:02 AM
14 points behind the spuds.

That's why this shitty has-been is leaving.

Zero away points in 2018.

Another reason the fraud is out.

It's not the fans that have fucked with the image of the club, it's this fool who has turned us into a laughing stock.

How many days to go now?

How come we don't have a countdown timer at the top of the forum to signify the most important day in the club's history since Bendtner signed?

Marc Overmars
01-05-2018, 07:14 AM
We can’t compete with Spurs and their oil money.

Cripps
01-05-2018, 09:58 AM
From Bosnia: Liverpool’s Zeljko Buvac will take over from Wenger as Arsenal manager.
https://t.co/DhZHyCvOWQ #afc #lfc https://t.co/kdMAe3o2pp

:blink:

The Emirates Gallactico
01-05-2018, 10:07 AM

Don't really know tbh.

Apparently Everton really want him and he's rejected them because he's still holding out hope that he gets our job. I've seen people describe him as the next Pochettino but his record isn't that fantastic (got sacked from Porto).

Seems way too much of a risk at this stage.

The Emirates Gallactico
01-05-2018, 10:08 AM
From Bosnia: Liverpool’s Zeljko Buvac will take over from Wenger as Arsenal manager.
https://t.co/DhZHyCvOWQ #afc #lfc https://t.co/kdMAe3o2pp

Well apparently he's "the brains" in Klopp's whole operation so it could work.