Master Splinter
22-04-2018, 02:41 PM
Wenger :bow:.

Great subs.

Monreal :bow:.

Lacazette :bow:.

Ramsey :bow:.

Is Kane claiming the touch?

Welbz was very good again. Certain to start on Thursday.

Auba sped everything up when he came on. He's so much ahead of everyone else in movement and ideas. You can instantly tell when a player has that confidence, arrogance and class. 50 goals next season tbfh.

Moyes :haha:.

Letters
22-04-2018, 02:43 PM
He leaves when he wants,
He leaves when he waaants,
Arsene Wenger,
He leaves when he wants.

Wenger :bow:
Arsenal :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
22-04-2018, 02:51 PM
Iwobi. :haha:

What was that?

Turning matches in to one half of football. :bow:

Our specialty.

Racking up the +1's against Moyes is always pleasing.

Goonermerree
22-04-2018, 02:58 PM
It all seems a bit surreal still. Will be more excited and engaged on Thursday when the match actually means something.

Cripps
22-04-2018, 03:20 PM
James Benge: Wenger says to me that he doesn't want to have a say in his successor. "My job is to take care of the team... my job is not to select the next manager."

Wenger: Ferguson it was different. He's still at the club. He stayed at Manchester United... Honestly I cannot tell you much more, I don't want you to come back to me in six months and say 'you lied to us'. I know I did that a few times.

Great news! :dance:

Penguin
22-04-2018, 03:24 PM
"I know I did that a few times" :lol:

The Emirates Gallactico
22-04-2018, 03:28 PM
His post match comments basically all but confirm that he was pushed out.

fakeyank
22-04-2018, 03:29 PM
Good win. Enjoying the end of the Mugabe regime.

Marc Overmars
22-04-2018, 03:33 PM
A bit of a slog but a nice win in the end.

Good booster ahead of the real stuff on Thursday.

Welbz is a horrific footballer but he does make enough of a nuisance of himself to be effective in his own way.

The Emirates Gallactico
22-04-2018, 03:34 PM
AW on why he's leaving now: "I made a statement, that is basically all you need. Overall, I think it's not the moment to come out on that ... I will speak about that a bit later in my life."

AW: "It was different with Ferguson. He's not at the club."

Arsene asked if he is relieved: "No, because I don't feel tired". He does not sound remotely like a man who wanted to go.

Wenger: I was not tired. I believe that this club is respected all over the world, much more than in England. Our fans didn't give the image of unity I want at the club. That was hurtful.

Letters
22-04-2018, 03:36 PM
Welbz is a horrific footballer but he does make enough of a nuisance of himself to be effective in his own way.
I actually think he's a pretty good footballer, just not that good a striker. As you say, he makes a nuisance of himself.

Marc Overmars
22-04-2018, 03:42 PM
AW on why he's leaving now: "I made a statement, that is basically all you need. Overall, I think it's not the moment to come out on that ... I will speak about that a bit later in my life."

AW: "It was different with Ferguson. He's not at the club."

Arsene asked if he is relieved: "No, because I don't feel tired". He does not sound remotely like a man who wanted to go.

Wenger: I was not tired. I believe that this club is respected all over the world, much more than in England. Our fans didn't give the image of unity I want at the club. That was hurtful.

It's pretty clear he was never going to leave off his own bat, if a new contract was offered to him there's no doubt he would have taken it.

I'm just glad the decision was made for him before he damaged the reputation of the club further.

Goonermerree
22-04-2018, 03:47 PM
I actually think he's a pretty good footballer, just not that good a striker. As you say, he makes a nuisance of himself.

He has a very good work ethic, he'll run all day for the team.

Globalgunner
22-04-2018, 04:08 PM
Wenger agrees to leave/pushed out. Kum jong Un agrees to stop nuclear testing...all in the same week

Next week...Trump agrees to stop Twittering

Peace in our time

Letters
22-04-2018, 04:13 PM
Wenger agrees to leave/pushed out. Kum jong Un agrees to stop nuclear testing...all in the same week

Next week...Trump agrees to stop Twittering

Peace in our time

Whatever next?
Letters stepping down?

:ninja:

Marc Overmars
22-04-2018, 04:14 PM
Whatever next?
Letters stepping down?

:ninja:

Wenger gone, Spurs potless again, go on mate make it a hattrick!

Mac76
22-04-2018, 05:26 PM
Leaving Aubamayang - who can't play on Thursday - on the bench summed up what's gone wrong with Wenger.

Roll on a new manager who clears out Welbeck, Iwobi, Mustafi and Xhaka and makes sensible team selections

Was really surprised at another low turnout btw - thought there'd be a lot more people there given the circumstances

Mac76
22-04-2018, 05:30 PM
Wenger gone, Spurs potless again, go on mate make it a hattrick!

How often do you think spuds fans talk about 'the gunners'? Don't flatter them by using their own nickname - spuds or tottensh*te please

Cripps
22-04-2018, 06:13 PM
Leaving Aubamayang - who can't play on Thursday - on the bench summed up what's gone wrong with Wenger.

Roll on a new manager who clears out Welbeck, Iwobi, Mustafi and Xhaka and makes sensible team selections

Was really surprised at another low turnout btw - thought there'd be a lot more people there given the circumstances

Think it shows that people don't really care about Wenger or warm to him. All the journos were banging on about a low attendance and a poor send off but they underestimate how much people acrually dislike Wenger.

AFC Leveller
22-04-2018, 06:20 PM
Wenger was obviously put under pressure to resign, no way was he ever gonna walk out just like that.

I guess it means the board and owner do have some balls afterall and know what is going on.

Niall_Quinn
22-04-2018, 06:34 PM
Wenger was obviously put under pressure to resign, no way was he ever gonna walk out just like that.

I guess it means the board and owner do have some balls afterall and know what is going on.

Empty seats, no CL cash, apathy ripping through the shirt buying, pie buying, programme buying, beer buying fanbase. I wouldn't look beyond that. There are no heroes in this story.

Xhaka Can’t
22-04-2018, 06:41 PM
It looked a far bigger turnout than recent matches. And if you hope there is dislike for Wenger, you’d be very disappointed by the crowd today and the stampede on Friday to get tickets for his last match.

The Emirates Gallactico
22-04-2018, 06:53 PM
It looked a far bigger turnout than recent matches. And if you hope there is dislike for Wenger, you’d be very disappointed by the crowd today and the stampede on Friday to get tickets for his last match.

Yeah it looked much fuller. People were beggin on twitter for tickets for this game.

I'm guessing some people had other commitments and given the short notice some of them couldn't make it especially with the marathon on as well.

Letters
22-04-2018, 06:57 PM
People disliked the fact it looked like he would never leave and was dragging us down and that might have merged into disliking the man himself but once he announced he was leaving most people managed to separate the two.
His last game will be pretty much a sell out and his name will be sung loud. Rightly so.

KSE Comedy Club
23-04-2018, 09:13 AM

Exactly what I thought tbh. Completely unnecessary to start Auba on the bench, it was clear as soon as he came on that it upped the tempo of our game.

Wenger :rolleyes:

I must have been still caught up in the euphoria of his announcement on Friday when the game started, cause after 25 mins I sat there and said "Oh yeh, this is why you are leaving!"

Mustafi shouldn't even be getting picked anymore, Iwobi - :lol: more like Iwoeful and the pathetic attempts at attack :sulk:

That is the first thing that need to be sorted out, drill the strikers how to shoot again and stop them making 15 passes back and forth to the midfield when they are in the 6 yard box.

Ramsey is still a headless chicken, he needs someone to sort him out which will happen soon.

I do think the last 10 mins flattered to deceive again but what the hell, we need all the wins we can get to take us to EL glory and I'm really please Laca got two to boost his confidence.

On to the next!

Niall_Quinn
23-04-2018, 09:21 AM
The last 10-15 mins proved (again) we are a good team once the opponent has given up. But it also showed, as we have showed in brief moments before, these players still have something left to offer once the main impediment is gone. It will take a while and a lot of work to recover from what Wenger has done to our football, but there are signs in there it's not an impossible mission.

Bumble
23-04-2018, 12:40 PM
I was expecting a bit more of a performance really - to show how much Wenger meant to the players. Result flattered us and I fancy it would have finished 1-1 had the young defender not Mustafi'ed. But a win is a win and on to Thursday when it really matters.

Also I do think every squad/team needs players like Welbeck. Those players who keep trying and always give 100%. No point having a team full of Ozil's.

Wenger was wrong to moan about the fans though. Without fans Wenger wouldn't have a job in football. Football wouldn't exist.

Cripps
23-04-2018, 12:49 PM
Who cares :patrice:

Niall_Quinn
23-04-2018, 12:51 PM
I was expecting a bit more of a performance really - to show how much Wenger meant to the players. Result flattered us and I fancy it would have finished 1-1 had the young defender not Mustafi'ed. But a win is a win and on to Thursday when it really matters.

Also I do think every squad/team needs players like Welbeck. Those players who keep trying and always give 100%. No point having a team full of Ozil's.

Wenger was wrong to moan about the fans though. Without fans Wenger wouldn't have a job in football. Football wouldn't exist.

We need players who give 100% and always keep trying, but are a lot better than Welbeck. Our game has been in such a state over the last few years and our players so unmotivated and underperforming (which is their fault as well as Wenger's) we've settled for calling players like Coquelin and Welbeck decent because they put a bit of effort in. It's good they show some self motivation, of course it is. But the new manager needs to up the standards significantly and demand much more from everyone. Welbeck won't cut it once the team is up to speed. That's why Utd let him go.

KSE Comedy Club
23-04-2018, 01:05 PM
The last 10-15 mins proved (again) we are a good team once the opponent has given up. But it also showed, as we have showed in brief moments before, these players still have something left to offer once the main impediment is gone. It will take a while and a lot of work to recover from what Wenger has done to our football, but there are signs in there it's not an impossible mission.

Indeed, and also signs that, once we flog a few of the really shit players - we can fill the empty spaces with some genuine talent.