PDA

View Full Version : Match reaction - Mancs

Cripps
29-04-2018, 05:21 PM
What a fitting final game at OT for Wenger :lol:

Now piss off and don't come back :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
29-04-2018, 05:25 PM
Couldn't eek out just a modicum of respectability.

Cripps
29-04-2018, 05:28 PM
#afc away in PL 2017/18:

0-1 Stoke ❌
0-4 Liverpool ❌
0-0 Chelsea ❌
1-3 Watford ❌
5-2 Everton ✅
1-3 Man City ❌
1-0 Burnley ✅
1-1 Southampton ❌
0-0 W Ham ❌
3-2 C Palace ✅
1-1 WBA ❌
1-2 B'mouth ❌
1-3 Swansea ❌
0-1 Spurs ❌
1-2 Brighton ❌
1-2 Newcastle ❌
1-2 Man U ❌

:haha:

Globalgunner
29-04-2018, 05:30 PM
Stupid is as stupid does

Marc Overmars
29-04-2018, 05:30 PM
A nice effort but gallant losers again. That must go down as some sort of progress compared to just being plain useless though?

6 away defeats in a row. :haha:

Most ever league defeats and our lowest points tally under Wenger. I can't possibly think why Arsenal fans had the audacity to call for change.

Niall_Quinn
29-04-2018, 05:32 PM
Fuck off Wenger.

C U N T

Goonermerree
29-04-2018, 05:33 PM
#afc away in PL 2017/18:

0-1 Stoke ❌
0-4 Liverpool ❌
0-0 Chelsea ❌
1-3 Watford ❌
5-2 Everton ✅
1-3 Man City ❌
1-0 Burnley ✅
1-1 Southampton ❌
0-0 W Ham ❌
3-2 C Palace ✅
1-1 WBA ❌
1-2 B'mouth ❌
1-3 Swansea ❌
0-1 Spurs ❌
1-2 Brighton ❌
1-2 Newcastle ❌
1-2 Man U ❌

Put like that, :doh:

Master Splinter
29-04-2018, 05:34 PM
AMN under a good coach who can get the best out of his various talents, could be really special.

The game was a write-off for WUMger and was more telling of how woeful the Manchester Shittrotters are.

Niall_Quinn
29-04-2018, 05:35 PM
Btw - when all the TOSSERS who are weeping on the last day when the cunt finally leaves turn around and accuse us bastards who are condemned to living in the real world, and they ask us, are you happy now? Are you happy how you called him a CUNT! And hounded him out? And showed him disrespect? And failed to worship him? And failed to eat his body and drink his blood and confess your sins to him?

On that day I'll say YES. Delighted.

Niall_Quinn
29-04-2018, 05:36 PM
AMN under a good coach who can get the best out of his various talents, could be really special.

The game was a write-off for WUMger and was more telling of how woeful the Manchester Shittrotters are.

You saw that too?

Pure talent. In the middle. Obviously he's not a defender.

The Emirates Gallactico
29-04-2018, 05:38 PM
We've got some talented young players coming through.

Tbh the game's kind of put Jardim higher up in the pecking order for me. He'd get the best out AMN, Nelson, Mavraponos & Iwobi tbh.

Niall_Quinn
29-04-2018, 05:39 PM
AMN gets MOTM and well, well deserved. Best player on the pitch.

Marc Overmars
I did like the look of Mavraponos, better than anything Mustafi has delivered for a while that's for sure.

McNamara That Ghost...
Arsenal are pointless away from home.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-04-2018, 05:40 PM
AMN gets MOTM and well, well deserved. Best layer on the pitch.

Bricky?

Niall_Quinn
29-04-2018, 05:40 PM
Bricky?

Your joke makes no sense at all, because I edited in time.

Suck it up.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-04-2018, 05:41 PM
Your joke makes no sense at all, because I edited in time.

Suck it up.

You did not.

Niall_Quinn
29-04-2018, 05:42 PM
You did not.

Did too.

Niall_Quinn
29-04-2018, 05:44 PM
Anyway, it was a sexual reference and had nothing to do with the construction industry.

Marc Overmars
Fergie and Mourinho must be gutted United can't bank on points from their bitch anymore. They will certainly miss Wenger more than us.

Master Splinter
Mavraponos to smash Costa on Thursday?

At least give us one outgoing highlight, WUMger.

It has to be all out-attack too, shirley? Laca, Welbz, Mkhi, Ozil, Rambo. It's not as if Wheelchair offers much at the moment.

Niall_Quinn
29-04-2018, 05:46 PM
Maureen :haha:

Drop the block, Drop the block. Drop the block. The Greek kid. Drop the block.

Oh fuck it, fair enough, yes, we lumped it to Loobrush.

Niall_Quinn
29-04-2018, 05:49 PM
Henry mentioning that defenders arrive and look good and then they disintegrate.

So why not go the whole way and tell the truth?

Niall_Quinn
29-04-2018, 05:51 PM
Souness ALMOST criticising Wenger.

Just one more little step...

The Emirates Gallactico
29-04-2018, 05:53 PM
I did like the look of Mavraponos, better than anything Mustafi has delivered for a while that's for sure.

Pretty much.

6 3" and already more powerful & composed than Mustafi. Perfect for the PL.

Sven :bow:

More like it please .

Globalgunner
29-04-2018, 05:54 PM
Henry mentioning that defenders arrive and look good and then they disintegrate.

So why not go the whole way and tell the truth?

Contrary to what most people think. I believe Wenger pays special attention to defenders. He makes sure he fks them up real good.

Niall_Quinn
29-04-2018, 05:55 PM
Pretty much.

6 3" and already more powerful & composed than Mustafi. Perfect for the PL.

Sven :bow:

More like it please .

Give him another 10 games under Wenger and he's as bad as Mustafi.

It's Wenger, not the players. We know that by now. Years and years and years. Different squads, same manager.

Niall_Quinn
29-04-2018, 05:56 PM
Contrary to what most people think. I believe Wenger pays special attention to defenders. He makes sure he fks them up real good.

Very unfair.

I think he fucks midfielders just as much.

Marc Overmars
29-04-2018, 06:01 PM
If we don't beat Atleti I do wonder what sort of farewell he's going to receive next Sunday. At this rate it's going to be very lukewarm, I can't even be arsed to go anymore.

Cripps
29-04-2018, 06:02 PM
Mavropanos ending Lukaku :bow:

Marc Overmars
29-04-2018, 06:05 PM
Souness ALMOST criticising Wenger.

Just one more little step...

It's quite impressive how he never seems to be called out on TV.

Poor defence, spineless, no leaders etc
All the same criticism seen with various groups of players over the past decade.

He's the constant.

Cripps
29-04-2018, 06:06 PM
Jardim/Allegri/Sarri to lead us at Old Trafford next season :bow:

Cripps
29-04-2018, 06:09 PM

Tbh the game's kind of put Jardim higher up in the pecking order for me. He'd get the best out AMN, Nelson, Mavraponos & Iwobi tbh.

TEG talking sense :bow:

Being sober :bow:

Niall_Quinn
29-04-2018, 06:12 PM
Reality check.

We didn't make one chance for Auba.

Let's not forget that.

Wenger's teams are 100% dysfunctional.

Just because we came up up against a Maureen team that is just as bad doesn't make it any better for us.

Xhaka Can’t
29-04-2018, 06:19 PM
I had to go watch a movie with Mrs. FakeNQ.

How was the game, other than the manager leaving, was there any promise in the team that played?

The Emirates Gallactico
29-04-2018, 06:20 PM
Give him another 10 games under Wenger and he's as bad as Mustafi.

It's Wenger, not the players. We know that by now. Years and years and years. Different squads, same manager.

Nah.

One of the reasons why Sol wasn't fucked up by Wenger was that he a complete unit - a beast of a man who could head and deal with any ball. You can't fuck up someone's physical attributes.

Mustafi is a complete lightweight of a man who has to rely on technical skill (which he has little of to start with) because his physical attributes are so poor. It could work if our team was oriented around defending but it isn't which is one of the reasons he's so poor for us.

tl;dr - not even Wenger could fuck up Mavraponos. He's the template of defenders we need sign in the future.

Marc Overmars
29-04-2018, 06:22 PM

How was the game, other than the manager leaving, was there any promise in the team that played?

Not the usual Old Trafford performance, we were actually competitive. Few of the youngsters looked good. AMN and Mavraponos in particular.

A point would have been well earned but it's all academic really. United were shite and still beat us without really going hell for leather.

The Emirates Gallactico
29-04-2018, 06:22 PM

We actually played some neat stuff and weren't completely overwhelmed other than the last 15 mins tbh.

Niall_Quinn
29-04-2018, 06:27 PM

Utd were shite. Until they pulled their plan B and brought their chief pubber on and lumped it into our box. Then, obviously, we collapsed.

The Greek CB, his name is too difficult to spell, appeared to be quite competent. He was doing weird shit, like defending.

AMN was superb from start to finish. A one man show because the rest of the midfield was tragic, Xhaka was particularly bad.

We didn't get Auba into the game on a single occasion.

But, as a random team filled with kids go, we game Utd a gave and they were the ones who left embarrassed.

Niall_Quinn
29-04-2018, 06:30 PM
Nah.

One of the reasons why Sol wasn't fucked up by Wenger was that he a complete unit - a beast of a man who could head and deal with any ball. You can't fuck up someone's physical attributes.

Mustafi is a complete lightweight of a man who has to rely on technical skill (which he has little of to start with) because his physical attributes are so poor. It could work if our team was oriented around defending but it isn't which is one of the reasons he's so poor for us.

tl;dr - not even Wenger could fuck up Mavraponos. He's the template of defenders we need sign in the future.

And here's the big question that will eventually come up about Wenger.

Was it him or did the players carry him?

I already know the answer, but 'm sure it will be fought about for years to come.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-04-2018, 06:31 PM
Nah he's now a senile old goat that hung on too long but he wasn't always.

Goonermerree
29-04-2018, 06:33 PM

Part- time fan.:shrug:

Xhaka Can’t
29-04-2018, 06:40 PM
Had to go. The movie has been out for a while, so this was the last chance to see it.

The Emirates Gallactico
29-04-2018, 06:47 PM
Had to go. The movie has been out for a while, so this was the last chance to see it.

Nah Avengers Infinity War has just been released.

selassie
29-04-2018, 07:08 PM

Co-Signed!!!

This lad has shown glimpses of star quality this season, I thought he was brilliant today though, I mean really really good. He bossed that midfield for 70 minutes, he was great offensively, very good defensively making plenty of challenges. Not only that but he was good on the ball.....he released it quickly at times too with incisive passing, his decision making was also superb at times.

Our next manager needs to give this boy a run in Central Midfield because I think we have a potential gem here.

Cripps
29-04-2018, 07:11 PM

Fifty Shades Darker :bow:

selassie
29-04-2018, 07:11 PM

Aye, Jardim would develop a lot of those boys to a high level IMO. I'd even include Chambers in that list, I really like him, I know he has had his fair share of dodgy games but when he is on it he looks a very solid player.

Cripps
29-04-2018, 07:13 PM

Quite a young, exciting team.

Let's hope we appoint a good manager to make the most of it and really build a great team.

Marv was excellent at the back. Thank feck Wenger is leaving so he can't be ruined.

KSE Comedy Club
29-04-2018, 07:17 PM
Co-Signed!!!

This lad has shown glimpses of star quality this season, I thought he was brilliant today though, I mean really really good. He bossed that midfield for 70 minutes, he was great offensively, very good defensively making plenty of challenges. Not only that but he was good on the ball.....he released it quickly at times too with incisive passing, his decision making was also superb at times.

Our next manager needs to give this boy a run in Central Midfield because I think we have a potential gem here.

Pogba gave him a hug after the final whistle and had a chat with him as he bested him quite a few times.
Already a 100% upgrade on xhaxa

selassie
29-04-2018, 07:20 PM
Pogba gave him a hug after the final whistle and had a chat with him as he bested him quite a few times.
Already a 100% upgrade on xhaxa

Yeah I saw that. Honestly, I'd keep AMN in the team (PL) until the end of the season based on that performance alone.

KSE Comedy Club
29-04-2018, 07:21 PM
Posted this in the match thread but I’ll stick it here as it’s relevant.

Welbeck was the start of their second goal.

Willock passed the ball over to him and he did some stupid backheel straight to Pogba and the rest is history.

Fucking useless gimp

His is a complete liability in this team, total headless chicken. He is Theo but worse :doh:

First to be sold in the summer please Mr newmanager

KSE Comedy Club
29-04-2018, 07:24 PM
Yeah I saw that. Honestly, I'd keep AMN in the team (PL) until the end of the season based on that performance alone.

Yes you would. So would I, alongside every other fan, and top managers and knowledgable football people who can see how good a player he is.

But, we still have Wenger unfortunately.

Cripps
29-04-2018, 08:03 PM
Only for another 14 days :tiphat:

Letters
29-04-2018, 08:53 PM
#afc away in PL 2017/18:

0-1 Stoke ❌
0-4 Liverpool ❌
0-0 Chelsea ❌
1-3 Watford ❌
5-2 Everton ✅
1-3 Man City ❌
1-0 Burnley ✅
1-1 Southampton ❌
0-0 W Ham ❌
3-2 C Palace ✅
1-1 WBA ❌
1-2 B'mouth ❌
1-3 Swansea ❌
0-1 Spurs ❌
1-2 Brighton ❌
1-2 Newcastle ❌
1-2 Man U ❌

:lol:

Bloody hell.

:doh:

Marc Overmars
29-04-2018, 09:20 PM
Just Leicester and Huddersfield to go to round off a shocker of a season on the road.

Mac76
30-04-2018, 11:55 AM
Just Leicester and Huddersfield to go to round off a shocker of a season on the road.

yeah Leicester will be bound to push back after the drubbing at Palace and Huddersfield will be relegated, which of course means they'll suddenly morph into Real Madrid...

Power n Glory
30-04-2018, 01:12 PM
Posted this in the match thread but I’ll stick it here as it’s relevant.

Welbeck was the start of their second goal.

Willock passed the ball over to him and he did some stupid backheel straight to Pogba and the rest is history.

Fucking useless gimp

His is a complete liability in this team, total headless chicken. He is Theo but worse :doh:

First to be sold in the summer please Mr newmanager

I had hopes that he'd turn into a good striker when I heard we first signed him. He has the physical attributes for it. But those hopes disappeared after watching his first run of games up front for us. His movement around the box is worse than Giroud's. Easy to mark out of the game and isolate. Zero intelligence when it comes to movement.

He can't strike a ball properly and gets his footing all wrong when in on goal. It's one thing looking inconsistent and rusty in front of goal, but Welbeck looks as though he has never leaned how to finish properly which makes him a blunt knife up front. Garbage player.

Niall_Quinn
30-04-2018, 01:35 PM
I had hopes that he'd turn into a good striker when I heard we first signed him. He has the physical attributes for it. But those hopes disappeared after watching his first run of games up front for us. His movement around the box is worse than Giroud's. Easy to mark out of the game and isolate. Zero intelligence when it comes to movement.

He can't strike a ball properly and gets his footing all wrong when in on goal. It's one thing looking inconsistent and rusty in front of goal, but Welbeck looks as though he has never leaned how to finish properly which makes him a blunt knife up front. Garbage player.

He'll work for the team endlessly, and that attribute is used to cover up a multitude of weaknesses. Everyone appreciates a player who does the work. But the work has to be productive in the end and Welbeck huffs and puffs to achieve very little.

Niall_Quinn
30-04-2018, 01:37 PM
The difference between Welbeck and Mikki was clear to see with out goal yesterday. Can anyone really (if they are honest) see Welbeck slotting that away? He just doesn't have the intelligence and composure for it.

KSE Comedy Club
30-04-2018, 02:17 PM
The difference between Welbeck and Mikki was clear to see with out goal yesterday. Can anyone really (if they are honest) see Welbeck slotting that away? He just doesn't have the intelligence and composure for it.

No chance what so ever

Welbz would've put it wide or over the bar or passed back to Ospina, or set up Pogba for another goal

Cripps
30-04-2018, 02:24 PM
Welbeck is very raw and needs a manager to teach him and develop him at every step

Basically the worst thing he could have done was play under Wenger.

Marc Overmars
30-04-2018, 02:53 PM
Welbeck is 27, he’s not really going to develop any further. Just appreciate him for what he is or get rid. A modern day Heskey.

Cripps
30-04-2018, 06:59 PM
Jamie Vardy did :coffee: