Cripps
03-05-2018, 08:58 PM
6th, no trophy and no champions league again :lol:

See ya you useless twat :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
03-05-2018, 09:02 PM
CUNTS.

What a useless season.

Played the game on Atleti's terms, stupid team to begin with as we all said before.

Didn't lay a glove on them, Monreal and Bellerin were playing Pong by the looks of it.

Letters
03-05-2018, 09:02 PM
:ilt:

Just didn't do enough.
They're a good side and they know how to keep a clean sheet but we never really put them under enough pressure.

Cripps
03-05-2018, 09:03 PM
NO MORE WENGER IN EUROPE! :partytime:

selassie
03-05-2018, 09:03 PM
Not good enough. We lack in all areas of what is required of a winning team. Bottlers.

Cripps
03-05-2018, 09:04 PM
22 years in charge
22 seasons in Europe
2 finals
0 trophies

:haha: :haha:

The Emirates Gallactico
03-05-2018, 09:06 PM
Bollocks.

Let Atletico dictate things and we played straight into their hands.

Did we not practice wide play at all the past week in training?

Niall_Quinn
03-05-2018, 09:07 PM
Bollocks.

Let Atletico dictate things and we played straight into their hands.

Did we not practice wide play at all the past week in training?

Yes. Wenger took the training session himself.

McNamara That Ghost...
03-05-2018, 09:08 PM
Yet again resting players serves nothing for us. Absolutely stupid.

Marc Overmars
03-05-2018, 09:08 PM
I'm actually disgusted with that. How fucking tame can you get? It doesn't even qualify as glorious failure. We could be playing for another 90 mins and we still would not barely muster a shot on goal.

A fitting end to Wenger's reign. I'm going to see tomorrow if I can sell my Burnley ticket, I can't stomach anymore of him and this team. I just hope to god we find ourselves a competent coach who can put together a cohesive team and we can go into these games in the future knowing we can compete.

Niall_Quinn
03-05-2018, 09:09 PM
Dear fans,

You get nothing. NOTHING!

Love and warmest WUMs

Arsene

Cripps
His legacy completed ruined :lol:

Such a shame :lol:

Goonermerree
Rubbish, just sick, we didn't even show up. The players are rubbish. They just were tonight.

Niall_Quinn
Yet again resting players serves nothing for us. Absolutely stupid.

It's such a fallacy.

A winning team wants to play.

Cripps
03-05-2018, 09:10 PM
That confirms it. Graham > Wenger

George :bow:

Goonermerree
03-05-2018, 09:11 PM
Atletico did a job on us both legs, simple as that. Good luck to them.

Letters
03-05-2018, 09:12 PM
WUM
Give it a fucking rest. Not tonight.
You don't need to do this in every post.

Niall_Quinn
03-05-2018, 09:12 PM
We couldn't beat a 10 man Atleti on our own patch. We don't deserve to be anywhere near that final.

Goonermerree
03-05-2018, 09:13 PM
Someone on five live said Arseanl fans need to realise that we could go through a lean spell. Huh, have they been watching the last few years, 3 cups,that's it. No challenge for the title, no clout in Europe. We are coming off a lean spell.

Marc Overmars
03-05-2018, 09:13 PM
Monreal and Bellerin. Have you ever seen a more inept combined performance than that? Some of the worst crossing from good positions I've ever seen.

Goonermerree
03-05-2018, 09:14 PM
Monreal and Bellerin. Have you ever seen a more inept combined performance than that? Some of the worst crossing from good positions I've ever seen.

Shame about Nacho, he has saved us a few times this season

Niall_Quinn
03-05-2018, 09:14 PM
Monreal and Bellerin. Have you ever seen a more inept combined performance than that?

Yes. Many times. Think back to some of our classic comedy CB combos.

Mac76
03-05-2018, 09:15 PM
genuinely as bad as they were tonight, there's enough decent players at the club for a new manager to immediately make a difference - We'd lost that game before kickoff because of Wenger's s*it tactics and totally f****d-up team selections

Marc Overmars
We couldn't beat a 10 man Atleti on our own patch. We don't deserve to be anywhere near that final.

Yep it was the first leg that killed us. Absolutely shambolic not scoring more than one in that.

Xhaka Can’t
The worst of this is how it will impact on us making progress next year. Having a new manager with CL to offer to new signings may have helped speed up sorting out this travesty of a mess our Club is in now.

Wenger didn’t relegate us like Clough did to Forest, but it sure feels like it right now.

IBK
03-05-2018, 09:16 PM
Utterly predictable. Thoughts of going through were only ever wishful thinking. I'm afraid our manager leaves with his tail between his legs and we all knew in our hearts that this would happen. It's what happens when you hang on too long and become stale.

Niall_Quinn
03-05-2018, 09:16 PM
1 shot on target tonight. in 90 mins.

We had 57 crosses over the 2 legs. 57. And 1 goal.

Niall_Quinn
03-05-2018, 09:17 PM
The worst of this is how it will impact on us making progress next year. Having a new manager with CL to offer to new signings may have helped speed up sorting out this travesty of a mess our Club is in now.

Wenger didn’t relegate us like Clough did to Forest, but it sure feels like it right now.

At least Clough was drunk.

Goonermerree
03-05-2018, 09:17 PM
1 shot on target tonight. in 90 mins.

We had 57 crosses over the 2 legs. 57. And 1 goal.

Ouch, statistics don't lie, we were rubbish.

Cripps
03-05-2018, 09:18 PM
Couldn't happen to a nice guy :rolleyes:

Letters
03-05-2018, 09:19 PM

Dunno. We've got far more going for us than Chelsea and City had when they started throwing money at players.
If you drive big enough trucks of money up to their mansions and hire a manager who they think will take us in the right direction then I don't think it will be an issue.
I think last season when Chelsea won the league they weren't in Europe at all? It's not the worst thing as a one off.

rodders
03-05-2018, 09:20 PM
Typically Wenger for the past several years

Goonermerree
03-05-2018, 09:21 PM
Dunno. We've got far more going for us than Chelsea and City had when they started throwing money at players.
If you drive big enough trucks of money up to their mansions and hire a manager who they think will take us in the right direction then I don't think it will be an issue.
I think last season when Chelsea won the league they weren't in Europe at all? It's not the worst thing as a one off.

We don't pay as much as they do in the transfer window usually nor do we usually pay such big wages. It might change now.

Mac76
03-05-2018, 09:21 PM

yes but even when Burnley finish above us (which i really think they will) we'll still be in the nohoper league...

Marc Overmars
03-05-2018, 09:22 PM

We're in this thing again next year.

Though maybe we can win it with a better manager.

Gooner23
03-05-2018, 09:22 PM
Only managed to catch the last 25 mins but wasn't great.

I just want a new manager to inject some positivity and directness in our play again. Get rid of this slow paced ineffective sideways passing in the final third.

Goonermerree
03-05-2018, 09:23 PM

It's a big incentive with CL on offer.

Niall_Quinn
He's completely destroyed his legacy and going out on a complete wimp :lol:

Hope he gets boo'd on at the weekend :lol:

He won't get booed. What we're going to get now is a long, excruciating goodbye . That's the only interest left in our season and the media will be all over it. It's be vomitous.

The real damage this guy has done to the club, his lack of respect for the fans, his stubborn insistence in the face of overwhelming evidence, his massive ego, his crushing vanity, all of it will be washed away.

It's wrong he'll get off so easy. He should be judged on 22 years, not 8.

Goonermerree
Only managed to catch the last 25 mins but wasn't great.

I just want a new manager to inject some positivity and directness in our play again. Get rid of this slow paced ineffective sideways passing in the final third.

That would be nice.

Marc Overmars
03-05-2018, 09:24 PM
It's a big incentive with CL on offer.

Maybe we should bother with the league next year. If it's not too much to ask.

Letters
03-05-2018, 09:24 PM

Where we are right now we have no chance in the CL, at least here we have a chance so if we're in it again then that's fine.
As pissed off as I am right now overall I've enjoyed our run in this competition as it's something I felt we had a chance of winning.
As you say, with a better manager maybe we will next year.

McNamara That Ghost...
03-05-2018, 09:25 PM
I'm hoping for a point away in 2019.

Xhaka Can’t
03-05-2018, 09:25 PM
We don't pay as much as they do in the transfer window usually nor do we usually pay such big wages. It might change now.

Our wages strategy is a mess as well. We should be chucking money at the players in the spine of our team but we’ve spread it all over the place.

The result is overpaid duffers with an inability to really attract big names because our budget is hopelessly managed.

McNamara That Ghost...
03-05-2018, 09:30 PM
What's that, 17 defeats this season? It's a habit.

Mac76
03-05-2018, 09:31 PM
What's that, 17 defeats this season? It's a habit.

like i said earlier i think it's defeats all the way now, Burnley will do us and the other two are away, so that's that...

Marc Overmars
03-05-2018, 09:31 PM
I'm still struggling to digest what we just saw.

We needed to throw the kitchen sink at them but all we could do was launch some fluffy slippers.

Niall_Quinn
03-05-2018, 09:34 PM

We needed to throw the kitchen sink at them but all we could do was launch some fluffy slippers.

"Launch" is such a strong word. I would say "flap"

McNamara That Ghost...
03-05-2018, 09:34 PM
Wenget still hasn't come out to talk to the media. :lol:

Power n Glory
03-05-2018, 09:37 PM
I'm actually disgusted with that. How fucking tame can you get? It doesn't even qualify as glorious failure. We could be playing for another 90 mins and we still would not barely muster a shot on goal.

A fitting end to Wenger's reign. I'm going to see tomorrow if I can sell my Burnley ticket, I can't stomach anymore of him and this team. I just hope to god we find ourselves a competent coach who can put together a cohesive team and we can go into these games in the future knowing we can compete.

:haha: That bad?

Mac76
03-05-2018, 09:37 PM
Wenget still hasn't come out to talk to the media. :lol:

he's lacking a little bit sharpness

Power n Glory
03-05-2018, 09:41 PM

Ok, I've stopped laughing. We're in a shitty position for next season. In CL football again weakens our bargaining position for players and a manager. Bravo Wenger.

Niall_Quinn
03-05-2018, 09:42 PM
Le Professor has emerged, apparently.

LDG
03-05-2018, 09:45 PM
Inspector Clouseau :bow:

Niall_Quinn
03-05-2018, 09:45 PM
Wenget:

"Our performance was very good."

"We feel over the two games there was room enough to go through."

"We didn't managed the important moments of the game well."

"They (Madrid) played with a bit fear in the first half. That goal was absolutely vital."

"Diego Costa is Diego Costa, that's why he's one of the best strikers in the world."

"It's very sad, very, very, very sad. The game can be very cruel, suffering is very strong tonight."

Mac76
03-05-2018, 09:47 PM
There's just been a caller on Talksh*te saying he'd rather have Ozil than Hazard

Then they said: "Ozil or Salah?" - answer: "probably Salah" :rolleyes:

Mac76
03-05-2018, 09:49 PM
Wenget:

"We didn't managed the important moments of the game well."

like defending, and scoring goals, for example...

Marc Overmars
03-05-2018, 09:51 PM
:haha: That bad?

I'll sleep on it and see how I feel tomorrow. :lol:

I really have no desire to give him much of a send off though, he's leaving us with an appalling team. A team that was too scared to even have a go tonight.

Why did he have to stay on last year FFS? He could have gone out with a lot of good will after the cup win but the stubborn old fool just had to cling on and drag us down further.

Letters
03-05-2018, 09:52 PM

You want us to defend AND score goals?
You want the moon on a stick, you do :sulk:

Niall_Quinn
Bellerin being interviewed nw. He looks like a cheap (free) hooker.

Marc Overmars

We are masters of the unimportant shit though. Like passing sideways and crossing the ball to no one.

Niall_Quinn
03-05-2018, 09:53 PM

I really have no desire to give him much of a send off though, he's leaving us with an appalling team. A team that was too scared to even have a go tonight.

Why did he have to stay on last year FFS? He could have gone out with a lot of good will after the cup win but the stubborn old fool just had to cling on and drag us down further.

And he'd still be here next season if he hadn't been booted.

Letters
03-05-2018, 09:55 PM

Last few years have felt a bit like a desperate gambler, constantly coming back to the table for one more double or quits hand.
He should have left last year but it's only been one more season and I don't agree he leaves us with a bad team. Well, OK, they are a pretty bad team but I don't think it's a bad squad and a decent coach could get a lot more out of them.

I'd reconsider about Sunday. It's an "I was there" moment and I think in time you might regret not going. I'll be in MK though (father in law's birthday) if you want to give me the ticket (although MrsL would kill me)

selassie
03-05-2018, 09:59 PM
Dear fans,

You get nothing. NOTHING!

Love and warmest WUMs

Arsene

:lol:

Power n Glory
03-05-2018, 10:27 PM

With what Wenger has said about the fans over the years and the attitude that has lead us down this path, I couldn't care less about his send off. One last trophy won't cut it for me.

KSE Comedy Club
03-05-2018, 10:36 PM
FUCK!!

I still keep asking why this?, why that?

Truth is I already know the answer and could see it happening in front of me eyes, again and again and again.

Seasons end and the end of this reign can’t come soon enough.

I’m mentally & emotionally exhausted from it all :(

Ralpheroo72
03-05-2018, 10:37 PM
As predictable an outcome as night following day.

Marc Overmars
03-05-2018, 10:45 PM
So Kos has torn his achillies. He’s finished.

At least we should definitely buy a new CB now.

The Emirates Gallactico
03-05-2018, 11:06 PM
Only positive tonight was Chambers. There's definitely enough there for a new manager to work with. Hopefully Wenger hasn't corrupted him too much.

KSE Comedy Club
04-05-2018, 05:07 AM
Oh yeh, Mhiki justified why he should’ve started with that first effort.

After that he was ignored and I don’t think he touched the ball again.

It’s not the first time a ‘difference maker’ player comes on the pitch only for the team to completely ignore their existence. All they did was keep trying the same thing that hadn’t worked the last 55 times :rolleyes:

Gooner23
04-05-2018, 05:33 AM
So Kos has torn his achillies. He’s finished.

At least we should definitely buy a new CB now.

I think we need two new centre backs, Kos will be out long term and we need to get rid of Mustafi.

Keep Chambers and Holding, I have hope they can develop under a new manager.

Niall_Quinn
04-05-2018, 06:22 AM
All seems so ridiculous now. The thought we had even the slightest possible chance. Hope does that to you. The bitch.

Bumble
04-05-2018, 06:26 AM
I think we need two new centre backs, Kos will be out long term and we need to get rid of Mustafi.

Keep Chambers and Holding, I have hope they can develop under a new manager.
Think Chambers and Holding can develop a partnership together but with another experienced good defender to assist.

On the performance, cant believe the stat about 57 crosses over 2 legs. That's insane, the crossing by Monreal was awful.

Madrid are a top side, 2nd in La Liga, we are 6th for a reason.

I have no issue with another year in the Europa league, it was more enjoyable than the CL efforts. also it really shouldn't affect getting a new manager and players in (it will be but shouldn't). a manager should have confidence & ability to be able to push us into the CL places and not take the easy option of being in the CL in the first place. We are the 3rd biggest club in the country need to start acting like it.

Letters
04-05-2018, 06:34 AM
He should be judged on 22 years, not 8.
He absolutely is being - that's why people are glad he's going rather than wailing and gnashing of teeth.
But the last decade - which hasn't been a complete car crash, the FA Cups do some damage limitation - doesn't meant the 8 years didn't happen either.
He built pretty much the best club I've seen and transformed the club and by extension the English game.
As I've said before, he was a man ahead of his time but that time was 20 years ago.
It's very rare for a manager to stay at a club for as long as he has and to maintain the level of success as he had at the start of his reign, I can only really think of Fergie who managed it.
He goes with much less good will than he could have but I'm not going to call him every name under the sun because those 8 years did happen and I suspect we may never see the like again.

Marc Overmars
04-05-2018, 06:41 AM
All seems so ridiculous now. The thought we had even the slightest possible chance. Hope does that to you. The bitch.

I know man, I’m still gutted.

The lack of urgency and belief was astonishing. If we were still playing now we wouldn’t be any closer to scoring.

The times we did get into promising wide areas the final delivery was pathetic. When we had some half chances through the centre we proceeded to take way too many touches because no one wanted the responsibility.

There weren’t any scrambles, a “get it in the mixer” moment, a moment of misfortune, a wonder save from Oblak, it was all just cowardly nonsense that typifies this team and the second half of Wenger’s tenure.

What a way to go out. If anything the news of his departure has had the opposite effect to what we had hoped.

RomfordPele
04-05-2018, 06:41 AM
Spot on Martin.

https://twitter.com/mrjakehumphrey/status/992163246063964161?s=21

Niall_Quinn
04-05-2018, 06:47 AM
And I am going to call him every name under the sun because this last season is beyond forgiveness. All the years before it, they could have been balanced against his winning years and he'd have still come out on top. But when he engineered that last contract he showed what the club and the fans really mean to him. The mask was ripped away.

He's not a killer or a rapist or a politician or something absolutely awful like that. But, as human beings go, he's in the scumbag half of the human race nonetheless.

Letters
04-05-2018, 06:51 AM
Fine. You are entitled to your opinion but you are in a tiny minority, I don't think many Arsenal fans see it that way.

Xhaka Can’t
04-05-2018, 06:52 AM
I love Martin Keown.

Niall_Quinn
04-05-2018, 06:52 AM
Spot on Martin.

https://twitter.com/mrjakehumphrey/status/992163246063964161?s=21

BT Sport and their whole crew are pathetic. And Keown has been one of the most pathetic of the lot. By all means, criticise Ozil. But what about the others? And what about the elephant in the room? Bellerin got some flak.

Danny Welbeck though? Too English.

Wenger? Well he's a saint. Let down by these players again, no doubt Martin.

And the last set of players. And the set of players before that...

And the set before that.

Poor Wenger. What's an untouchable to do?

Niall_Quinn
04-05-2018, 06:53 AM
Fine. You are entitled to your opinion but you are in a tiny minority, I don't think many Arsenal fans see it that way.

There are many, many instances where the truth is ignored in favour of misplaced sentiment. This is just another case.

selassie
04-05-2018, 06:59 AM
Only positive tonight was Chambers. There's definitely enough there for a new manager to work with. Hopefully Wenger hasn't corrupted him too much.

Yep, he’s developing into a very good CB IMO.

Niall_Quinn
04-05-2018, 07:01 AM
Yep, he’s developing into a very good CB IMO.

Made plenty of schoolboy errors too. Again, because of the lack of coaching these players have suffered, we're substituting running around a lot for good play. He was as poor as the rest of them as far as I could see. But he's rescuable.

Letters
04-05-2018, 07:03 AM
I still think there's the makings of a good side here.
I don't think many clubs have a better squad than us.
A lot to work with for a new manager.

RomfordPele
04-05-2018, 07:09 AM
BT Sport and their whole crew are pathetic. And Keown has been one of the most pathetic of the lot. By all means, criticise Ozil. But what about the others? And what about the elephant in the room? Bellerin got some flak.

And the set before that.

Think he was pretty scathing about Wenger's failure to get any sort of performance out of Ozil to be fair.

Yes, there are some terrible players in this squad who need chucking out pronto (merci arsene), but that doesn't give ozil a free pass. You should expect more, not less, from your one world class player.

Ozil did nothing to get in the game last night. He went missing as he does in every big game. And probably will have one of his "injuries" for last three games. That reflects badly on the manager, yes, but it doesn't reflect at all well on Ozil either.

Good on Keown for calling it out. It's not good enough for the stupid amounts we are paying him.

Marc Overmars
04-05-2018, 07:19 AM

Been thinking a lot about this. How good are they really? Some players are more salvagable under a new coach for sure but putting Wenger to one side, I think they’ve really let themselves down this season. I lost a lot of respect for them last night.

selassie
04-05-2018, 07:22 AM
Made plenty of schoolboy errors too. Again, because of the lack of coaching these players have suffered, we're substituting running around a lot for good play. He was as poor as the rest of them as far as I could see. But he's rescuable.

I thought he was head and shoulders above everybody else for us last night. He made a few minor mistakes but his positioning was very good and he did very well against both Costa and Griezmann. He made some great last ditch challenges, I also like that he seems very vocal and puts his body on the line. This kid has a future here IMO, I’d start him ahead of Mustafi without a shadow of a doubt.

selassie
04-05-2018, 07:24 AM

Hmmmm...we need a new keeper, centre back, central midfielder and at least one full back. We lack in quality and obviously mentality.

There is a lot of work to be done with our squad IMO, I’d bin quite a few of them personally.

selassie
04-05-2018, 07:31 AM
Been thinking a lot about this. How good are they really? Some players are more salvagable under a new coach for sure but putting Wenger to one side, I think they’ve really let themselves down this season. I lost a lot of respect for them last night.

We definitely need a new keeper, Cech is declining and Ospina just not good enough. Both full back positions need to be looked at, we need at least one starting CB, I’d put Mustafi up for sale, Kos is obviously in decline. In Central Midfield, the only ones worth keeping hold of are Ramsey & Maitland-Niles. Xhaka, Wilshere & Elneny could all be sold & replaced quite easily.

The offensive area is our strongest position but far from perfect, I’d personally listen to offers for Welbeck & Iwobi.

Whoever comes in needs to rebuild the team, there is not enough there to improve without changes, just my opinion.

Goonermerree
04-05-2018, 07:32 AM

For the most part, it looked like we were playing in fluffy slippers, especially when we were in their box.

Goonermerree
04-05-2018, 07:37 AM

And the set before that.

Pretty sure I've heard Keown criticising Wenger, no need to now he's going maybe.

dostoy
04-05-2018, 08:21 AM
Wenger is a decent man but a truly terrible manager and I will not be sorry to see him go.

I did not watch any of it because I knew it was pointless.

Next season I will watch some games if Arsenal get a very good established manager and not a rookie.

Gooner23
04-05-2018, 08:28 AM
I only managed to watch the last 30 minutes but from what I saw Ozil was abject, looked like he'd given up. I think the Known criticism is fair on this occasion.

Marc Overmars
04-05-2018, 09:14 AM
Harsh to dig Ozil out when the entire team was guilty of a vanishing act but you can’t sign a deal like that and not expect to be put under the spotlight.

Hope his feelings aren’t too hurt and he decides to grace us with his presence for the remaining games.

Marc Overmars
04-05-2018, 09:15 AM
On another note, we could have done with Giroud last night.

Wenger is a nice man though, so nice he did his pal a favour and let him leave to the detriment of the squad.

Goonermerree
04-05-2018, 09:26 AM
Harsh to dig Ozil out when the entire team was guilty of a vanishing act but you can’t sign a deal like that and not expect to be put under the spotlight.

Hope his feelings aren’t too hurt and he decides to grace us with his presence for the remaining games.

Ozil is paid more megs bucks than the others though, we expect him to deliver more.

The Emirates Gallactico
04-05-2018, 09:57 AM
I actually thought the effort from Ozil was there and he was running about the place and made an effort to track back and tackle when necessary ...... it's just Atletico were so good and our approach to breaking down so ineffective he came across really poorly.

Niall_Quinn
04-05-2018, 10:27 AM
I actually thought the effort from Ozil was there and he was running about the place and made an effort to track back and tackle when necessary ...... it's just Atletico were so good and our approach to breaking down so ineffective he came across really poorly.

He was one of the average ones of a bad bunch. He tried to direct the play but the movement (I mean the non-movement) in front of him was astonishing. So in the end he got frustrated. Ramsey was a real letdown. Savage was marking him out as the MOTM, what a joke. He was dire. We expect nothing from Welbeck and got nothing. But the real killer performances were from Monreal and Bellerin. They sure did kill us.

Xhaka Can’t
04-05-2018, 10:40 AM
I’ll be honest. As much as I wanted to see Wenger go out on a high, it really isn’t deserved. This team has drifted aimlessly for years and like an average Joe when he scores with a supermodel, can’t get it up whenever the big moment arrives.

Goonermerree
04-05-2018, 11:59 AM
I’ll be honest. As much as I wanted to see Wenger go out on a high, it really isn’t deserved. This team has drifted aimlessly for years and like an average Joe when he scores with a supermodel, can’t get it up whenever the big moment arrives.

That's one one way of viewing it!

Letters
04-05-2018, 12:11 PM

We've had a fair bit of success in cup competitions of late to be fair so I don't entirely agree..
This season has been a bloody disaster, Europa League could have mitigated somewhat but Atletico are the better team.
I don't even think we "bottled it" last night, I just don't think we're good enough.

Bumble
04-05-2018, 12:33 PM
We've had a fair bit of success in cup competitions of late to be fair so I don't entirely agree..
This season has been a bloody disaster, Europa League could have mitigated somewhat but Atletico are the better team.
I don't even think we "bottled it" last night, I just don't think we're good enough.

Atletico are a very good side... they are 2nd in La Liga and we are 6th. It would have been a shock of sorts for us to go through but we did have a great chance to put the game to bed in the first leg but messed up.

I do think though that most sides and fans would love to swap places with us in reality. We have won trophies recently after all, look at all the other teams that haven't done anything in years. I do think the mitigation our complaints are that we pay some of the highest ticket prices in the world so we should expect a level of competitiveness at the top table.

Goonermerree
04-05-2018, 12:33 PM
We just didn't look like we wanted it most of the time. We bottled it, couldn't handle it.

Letters
04-05-2018, 12:58 PM
I do think though that most sides and fans would love to swap places with us in reality. We have won trophies recently after all, look at all the other teams that haven't done anything in years. I do think the mitigation our complaints are that we pay some of the highest ticket prices in the world so we should expect a level of competitiveness at the top table.
People do go overboard. We are under-performing, given our resources. And, quite honestly, last couple of years I'd rather watch Spurs than Arsenal :sick:
But, actually, what have they got to show for it? Bugger all, that's what. The trophy cabinet is surplus to requirements once again.
Last year who actually had a better season than us? Chelsea were champions, Utd won the Europa League and the League Cup but who else?
Spurs? They finished 2nd, we finished 5th and won the FA Cup. So while they certainly had the better league season and were, let's face it, the better side, we ended up with another trophy, once which they haven't won since 1991.
The problem is the Emirates was built on the promise that it would let us compete with anyone and we just haven't. In the early years the finances were tight because of the stadium and the billionaires were running amok but we have the money to compete now so that excuse is wearing thin. I don't think we'll be sweeping all aside each year from now on but I do expect us to be far more competitive, and with our resources we really should be.

Niall_Quinn
04-05-2018, 01:43 PM
The excuse is wearing thin? I should say so.

Our football is shit. As we saw again last night. That's what (I suspect) a large section of the fan base has a problem with. Even you say you'd rather watch the spuds. Personally I wouldn't and don't, but each to their own. The football we play is shit because of one man. And it's shit because of the mistakes, the failings, the stubbornness, the mediocrity, vanity, stupidity this one man has inflicted for years.

Yes, he's going now and damn good riddance to rubbish. Once a new guy comes in and wipes all traces of Wenger's shitball away the attitude of the fans will change. That's why spuds all over the country are happy and we're not. They enjoy watching football. We suffer it. Trophies for the spuds are icing they are working towards. Trophies for us have been used to smear shit over the cracks.

Wenger is shit and his football is shit. Money, trophies, refs, the wrong type of rain nor any other misdirection changes these basic truths.

Letters
04-05-2018, 01:53 PM
That last bit is funny from someone always moaning about referees. But when Wenger says it...
But anyway, he's leaving so going red in the face isn't achieving anything any more.

Niall_Quinn
04-05-2018, 04:04 PM
That last bit is funny from someone always moaning about referees. But when Wenger says it...
But anyway, he's leaving so going red in the face isn't achieving anything any more.

But anyway, he's leaving, so let's keep pretending all that other stuff excuses him.

Letters
04-05-2018, 04:56 PM
Really? Still doing the straw man stuff? Fair enough :good:

Letters
04-05-2018, 05:00 PM
We just didn't look like we wanted it most of the time. We bottled it, couldn't handle it.

I don't see how losing to a better side than us is bottling it, they're a side who are better than us and are like we used to be when we were "1-0 to the Arsenal".
Never likely to be a goal-fest. BUT, we didn't do enough, didn't ask enough questions, never looked seriously like scoring.
Some games you come out of thinking "well how the hell did we lose that?" but last night wasn't one of those.

Cripps
04-05-2018, 05:43 PM
Banned then unbanned :bow:

Letters giving me 2nd chances :bow:

Mahatma Letters :bow:

Cripps
04-05-2018, 05:43 PM
Apparently we earned more than Utd did in Europe by getting to the semi's :blink:

Just hope someone like Allegri doesn't rule us out based on no champions league next season. If he came here we could easily win the Europa and push on.

Mac76
04-05-2018, 06:40 PM
Apparently we earned more than Utd did in Europe by getting to the semi's :blink:

Just hope someone like Allegri doesn't rule us out based on no champions league next season. If he came here we could easily win the Europa and push on.

Anyone with any sense will see we have some good players and the setup he needs to get us doing better straight away - i think we're still a very good job for somebody of real quality to want - let's face it they'll know they can't do worse than Wenger...

Mac76
04-05-2018, 06:52 PM
People do go overboard. We are under-performing, given our resources. And, quite honestly, last couple of years I'd rather watch Spurs than Arsenal :sick:
But, actually, what have they got to show for it? Bugger all, that's what. The trophy cabinet is surplus to requirements once again.
Last year who actually had a better season than us? Chelsea were champions, Utd won the Europa League and the League Cup but who else?
Spurs? They finished 2nd, we finished 5th and won the FA Cup. So while they certainly had the better league season and were, let's face it, the better side, we ended up with another trophy, once which they haven't won since 1991.
The problem is the Emirates was built on the promise that it would let us compete with anyone and we just haven't. In the early years the finances were tight because of the stadium and the billionaires were running amok but we have the money to compete now so that excuse is wearing thin. I don't think we'll be sweeping all aside each year from now on but I do expect us to be far more competitive, and with our resources we really should be.

Sorry but no Arsenal fan should ever say they'd rather watch spuds

Apart from anything else that means you're buying into all the media BS about them, which conveniently forgets they are a bunch of cheating c***s and their fans a pile of subhuman scum

The ONLY time i ever watch spuds is on MOTD when i know they lost and even then i fast forward through their goals whilst keeping my eye on a remote corner of the screen

No arsenal fan should do any different

Xhaka Can’t
04-05-2018, 07:22 PM
But....but...I don’t watch MOTD.

Sometimes even watch them when they’re playing us.

Goonermerree
04-05-2018, 07:30 PM
Sorry but no Arsenal fan should ever say they'd rather watch spuds
Too bloody right.

Letters
04-05-2018, 10:03 PM
Objectively they play better football than us :shrug:
I don't like it, but right now it happens to be true.

GP
04-05-2018, 10:04 PM
Objectively they play better football than us :shrug:
I don't like it, but right now it happens to be true.

No it isn't. Watching Spurs causes botulism. How can that be objectively better?

Xhaka Can’t
04-05-2018, 10:18 PM
It also gives you ass cancer

Power n Glory
04-05-2018, 10:19 PM
Pretty sure I've heard Keown criticising Wenger, no need to now he's going maybe.

Once Wenger is out of the picture we'll finally see what players like Ozil are made of. The excuses end once Wenger has gone.

Letters
04-05-2018, 10:44 PM
It also gives you ass cancer

Dammit.

That explains my ass cancer :(

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
05-05-2018, 11:45 AM

That will actually take the pressure off the new manager.