PDA

View Full Version : Unai Emery - Confirmed as the New Arsenal Manager - ORNSTEINNNN

Pages : [1] 2

Munchies
21-05-2018, 06:47 PM
https://twitter.com/bbcsport_david/status/998635490084622341

Goonermerree
21-05-2018, 07:01 PM
Flip breaking news on the Beeb too!!!!
Ornstein is the Beeb.:blink:Duh

McNamara That Ghost...
21-05-2018, 07:02 PM
What?

GP
21-05-2018, 07:05 PM
What?

I don't know how to feel.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-05-2018, 07:07 PM
Wrighty and Sutton are having a meltdown.

Cripps
21-05-2018, 07:08 PM
Delighted :patrice:

Won 7 out of 8 domestic trophies at PSG, manager of the year in France last season, 3 consecutive Europa League titles with Sevilla.

Ivan :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
21-05-2018, 07:10 PM
We really want that Europa League title.

Cripps
21-05-2018, 07:11 PM
A proper manager and not some lightweight :whacky:

McNamara That Ghost...
21-05-2018, 07:12 PM
Bring Verratti and all is forgiven.

selassie
21-05-2018, 07:12 PM
I’m happy with that.

Goonermerree
21-05-2018, 07:13 PM
Wrighty and Sutton are having a meltdown.

I think they're right when they say why string Arteta along the way they have.

GP
21-05-2018, 07:15 PM

What makes you think he was strung along? There's an interview process.

Marc Overmars
21-05-2018, 07:18 PM
Wow!

Shows what the media know.

Emery. :bow:

Goonermerree
21-05-2018, 07:23 PM
What makes you think he was strung along? There's an interview process.

Only that he's been the front runner for a couple of week so and everyone thought Arsenal was set to appoint Arteta. Presumably did too, who knows.

Goonermerree
21-05-2018, 07:24 PM
One Unai Emery, there's only one Unai Emery... It fits, it was meant to be!!!!

Özim
21-05-2018, 07:25 PM
Great news, decent manager in charge rather than some nobody! Get in!

LDG
21-05-2018, 07:26 PM
In the words of the late Ray Wilkins.

My word.

Goonermerree
21-05-2018, 07:27 PM
Emery out fits to if we need it. :whistle:

Özim
21-05-2018, 07:28 PM

The guy has never even managed, he's 2nd rate, he was lucky to be even be considered. Glad we won't be seeing Guardiola brand football at the club, Emery's style is much more entertaining.

Goonermerree
21-05-2018, 07:28 PM
The guy has never even managed, he's 2nd rate, he was lucky to be even be considered. Glad we won't be seeing Guardiola brand football at the club, Emery's style is much more entertaining.

I never wanted Arteta.

Özim
21-05-2018, 07:29 PM
Also the guy isn't scared of signing top class players!

Goonermerree
21-05-2018, 07:30 PM

This lot on 5 Live are saying that he was afraid of the top class players, such as Neymar.I dunno, didn't follow him that much.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-05-2018, 07:31 PM
I tend to shy away from trusting Wrighty and Sutton when it comes to any football matters.

Actually, any matters.

Chippy
21-05-2018, 07:33 PM
Wow!

Shows what the media know.

Emery. :bow:

Sounds like a bit of a DICK to me :whistle:

Goonermerree
21-05-2018, 07:34 PM
I tend to shy away from trusting Wrighty and Sutton when it comes to any football matters.

Actually, any matters.

I love Wrighty though!

Marc Overmars
21-05-2018, 07:36 PM
Would have preferred others but kind of relieved it's a manager with experience and a track record. Not sure his PSG honours mean a great deal given how much of an advantage PSG have but oh well.

Europa League is coming home. :bow:

Goonermerree
21-05-2018, 07:37 PM
Would have preferred others but kind of relieved it's a manager with experience and a track record. Not sure his PSG honours mean a great deal given how much of a an advantage PSG have but oh well.

Europa League is coming home. :bow:

Two chances of getting in the CL.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-05-2018, 07:38 PM
You To Me Are Emerything.

Also, does GB want his name changing? :lol:

GP
21-05-2018, 07:44 PM
Emery and Ivory...

Cripps
21-05-2018, 07:45 PM
So we've hired a manager with top pedigree and one that has won more European trophies than we have in our entire history?

Penguin
21-05-2018, 07:46 PM
Not bad, not bad at all.

I'm quite relieved we aren't gambling on someone like Arteta or Buvac. They might become very good managers in the future but it doesn't make sense to let them experiment at Arsenal. Let them cut their teeth at a smaller clubs first and work their way up like everyone else does.

Letters
21-05-2018, 07:46 PM
Wenger :bow:

Edinburgh Gooner
21-05-2018, 07:47 PM
Talk sport still saying that he is heavily linked

McNamara That Ghost...
21-05-2018, 07:47 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6JRt39PaVk

Ballbag called it three hours ago.

Ornstein. :haha:

LDG
21-05-2018, 07:48 PM
Am I the only one trying to understand why we’ve signed a black referee as our manager?

GP
21-05-2018, 07:50 PM
Talk sport still saying that he is heavily linked

Talksport is fucking garbage.

GP
21-05-2018, 07:50 PM
Am I the only one trying to understand why we’ve signed a black referee as our manager?

You're thinking of Lenny Henry

LDG
21-05-2018, 07:54 PM
You're thinking of Lenny Henry

No he’s premier inn, not premier league.

Haha!

On the way to the bottle bank.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-05-2018, 07:56 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ddvh64AV0AAfyuR?format=jpg&name=medium

Cripps
21-05-2018, 07:56 PM
So we hired a treble winner and 3 time European cup winner?

Cripps
21-05-2018, 07:57 PM
@MattSpiro: Emery a huge change from Wenger in terms of tactical work and meticulous planning. Life on Arsenal training ground about to change significantly.

Master Splinter
21-05-2018, 07:58 PM
A guy who had a bigger budget available to him than Tony Stark and Thanos put together wasn't afraid to buy players? And that's even if he had any say in any purchasing matters?

The level of eejiterry never ceases to astound.

Let's see what he'll do with four Our Price vouchers and a Tesco coupon at Arsenal.

AFC Leveller
21-05-2018, 08:01 PM
Rally happy with this, this guy is a tactical genius and a proven winner. He has won loads of shit despite the fact he’s 44. I love the way his teams play and his attention to detail when it comes to formations, tactics, positions etc.

Much better than Arteta.

Letters
21-05-2018, 08:01 PM
Our Price :lol:

Niall_Quinn
21-05-2018, 08:12 PM
ORNSTEIN

You have to laugh at these chancers. Nobody was mentioning Emery a week ago. Now the "insiders" are "breaking" the news :haha:

The Emirates Gallactico
21-05-2018, 08:13 PM
Honestly don't know what to make of this.

I was up for Emery earlier just because of my worries about Arteta's lack of managerial experience but after reading NQ's post in the other thread and reading more opinions on him I'm actually pretty concerned now ......

The guy had the fourth highest wage bill in La Liga yet Sevilla finished 5th, 5th & 7th including a disastrous season where they didn't win an away game all season (inb4 he'll fit right in). This was masked by the consecutive EL wins though that was driven by them failing miserably in the CL and crashing out in the group stages. And winning the league at PSG isn't a hard accomplishment ..... heck I could probably do it - yet he managed to lose out one year to Jardim.

Fuck it, I've actually sort of reversed my mind from earlier and now would almost prefer Arteta ...... at least there is a vision and a much higher ceiling.

Don't buy the spin that Emery was always their guy emanating from the Arsenal PR room - I think either Ivan got cold feet over Arteta or something happened (Arteta demanded more say on transfers?). Either way Ivan and his "process" look completely amateur.

He has my full support but I'll be honest, he doesn't have as much leeway for me as the others.

Chippy
21-05-2018, 08:13 PM
@MattSpiro: Emery a huge change from Wenger in terms of tactical work and meticulous planning. Life on Arsenal training ground about to change significantly.

That lazy **** Ozil must be shitting himself :)

AFC Leveller
21-05-2018, 08:14 PM
Also, he has worked his way up from the lower divisions in Spain and has guided Valencia to 3 successive 3rd place finishes and of course won 3 europas with Seville.

In a way this is the ideal candidate we were hoping for. Only issue I can see is he doesn’t speak very good English.

Cripps
21-05-2018, 08:14 PM
You have to laugh at these chancers. Nobody was mentioning Emery a week ago. Now the "insiders" are "breaking" the news :haha:

Would be interesting to know exactly what happened. This came totally out of the blue. Did Arteta make too many demands? Did Ivan get cold feet over an inexperienced manager?

Cripps
21-05-2018, 08:15 PM
Honestly don't know what to make of this.

I was up for Emery earlier just because of my worries about Arteta's lack of managerial experience but after reading NQ's post in the other thread and reading more opinions on him I'm actually pretty concerned now ......

The guy had the fourth highest wage bill in La Liga yet Sevilla finished 5th, 5th & 7th including a disastrous season where they didn't win an away game all season (inb4 he'll fit right in). This was masked by the consecutive EL wins though that was driven by them failing miserably in the CL and crashing out in the group stages. And winning the league at PSG isn't a hard accomplishment ..... heck I could probably do it - yet he managed to lose out one year to Jardim.

Fuck it, I've actually sort of reversed my mind from earlier and now would almost prefer Arteta ...... at least there is a vision and a much higher ceiling.

Don't buy the spin that Emery was always their guy emanating from the Arsenal PR room - I think either Ivan got cold feet over Arteta or something happened (Arteta demanded more say on transfers?). Either way Ivan and his "process" look completely amateur.

He has my full support but I'll be honest, he doesn't have as much leeway for me as the others.

Only at Arsenal would fans prefer a guy that has won nothing to a treble winning, 3 time European trophy winner :lol:

Niall_Quinn
21-05-2018, 08:16 PM
Only that he's been the front runner for a couple of week so and everyone thought Arsenal was set to appoint Arteta. Presumably did too, who knows.

Front runner according to the media, not Arsenal. The media hacks including the Ornsteins and DaveArsenals@Twatter have all been thoroughly shown up as the know nothings they have always been.

The club said nothing through the whole process. Even now, it's not confirmed is it?

Niall_Quinn
21-05-2018, 08:17 PM

He also signs overrated wankers. Like Neymar. For world record fees. So swings, roundabouts and critical care wards.

The Emirates Gallactico
21-05-2018, 08:18 PM
Only at Arsenal would fans prefer a guy that has won nothing to a treble winning, 3 time European trophy winner :lol:

I'm sorry, I'm still under the illusion that the CL is the premier European trophy.

Pray tell me, how was his record in that?

AFC Leveller
21-05-2018, 08:18 PM
He also signs overrated wankers. Like Neymar. For world record fees. So swings, roundabouts and critical care wards.

That was 100 percent the owners.

Marc Overmars
21-05-2018, 08:19 PM
Must have been a clash of ideas with Arteta. I think we definitely wanted him because Emery is not the "bold" appointment Gazidis spoke about in that press conference the day Wenger announced his departure. It's pretty much a safe bet that any club would likely have made.

I think Arteta probably didn't like the notion and narrative of being a puppet working under the umbrella and that's why it fell through.

McNamara That Ghost...
I'm sorry, I'm still under the illusion that the CL is the premier European trophy.

We won't have to worry about that.

The Emirates Gallactico

In fairness to him I seriously doubt he had any influence or say in PSG's decision to sign Neymar.

The Emirates Gallactico
21-05-2018, 08:24 PM
Yeah DarrenArsenal got shown up badly. He said it was confirmed last week. :lol::lol:

He's desperately trying to say it was a late minute change by Ivan on twitter to defend himself.

Either way I'm not trusting him again.

Cripps
21-05-2018, 08:24 PM

Dunno but he's won more european trophies than we have in our entire history:coffee::

Master Splinter
21-05-2018, 08:25 PM
The worst thing about all this is that Ballague is seemingly the biggest ITK in the business now. At least on Arsenal matters.

He was right on the Aubameyang signing and was the first on the Emery link.

He must have some contacts with Sanllehi.

This is all turning the world on it's axis.

Can we have Wenget back?

Bumble
21-05-2018, 08:28 PM
Think Arteta made a demand and that was that.

Emery, Sevilla work is good but PSG work is not good as they won the league after Monaco sold all their players including one to PSG. No different from Brendan Rodgers.

But listening to what the experts say, he should be a good appointment. used to working in this new arsenal structure. has tactics and plays high intensity. so we only need to sign 11 new players. actually we can keep welz as he runs around a lot too.

Anyway he is experienced so it should be interesting to see how things develop. Overall not a bad appointment. although give it 2 months til Ozim starts complaining and begging for Wenger to come back

Munchies
21-05-2018, 08:34 PM
https://twitter.com/fkhanage/status/998563247593844736

:haha:

Master Splinter
21-05-2018, 08:34 PM
He was great in Miller's Crossing and The Big Lebowski tbf.

The Emirates Gallactico
21-05-2018, 08:36 PM
Emery, Sevilla work is good but PSG work is not good as they won the league after Monaco sold all their players including one to PSG. No different from Brendan Rodgers.

PSG literally bought Monaco's best player the year after they lost the title to them. His PSG tenure should be judged purely on failing to win the title in one year and his record in the CL (comical loses to the Spanish giants)

McNamara That Ghost...
21-05-2018, 08:38 PM
At least it isn't David "we'll try" Moyes, imagine appointing him immediately after your greatest ever manager. :haha:

The Emirates Gallactico
21-05-2018, 08:38 PM
https://twitter.com/davidjaca/status/998640401555828738

This thread on Emery by a guy who's followed his entire managerial career makes for grim reading.

Cripps
21-05-2018, 08:39 PM
Conversely

Emery is a coach first and foremost. He adapts to teams and his players. He's thorough/meticulous which by the way has been missing at AFC for a while. He'll add structure/purpose, players will learn of their obligations and responsibilities, will have 2 come out of comfort zone https://t.co/XqLFFXphfe

Letters
21-05-2018, 08:39 PM
Only issue I can see is he doesn’t speak very good English.
That’s Welbeck and Wilshere screwed, everyone else should be fine.

Cripps
21-05-2018, 08:41 PM
Twitter:

Unai Emery won three Europa Leagues on the bounce with Seville, then a treble with PSG, but is being disregarded because he didn’t win the ECL? Pep hasn’t won it since he left Barca, and his City team cost more than PSG’s.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-05-2018, 08:43 PM
That’s Welbeck and Wilshere screwed, everyone else should be fine.

Wilshere will be fine too tbf.

Niall_Quinn
21-05-2018, 08:44 PM
That was 100 percent the owners.

I hope so. We'll hear more about it no doubt, as the wanker Neymar plots his latest move and the circus around Emery gears up. Hopefully Emery had nothing to do with the Neymar fiasco. I say this because we want somebody here to kick Ozil's arse rather than let him carry on dictating terms.

Cripps
21-05-2018, 08:45 PM
Emery has had the same assistant at every club Juan Carlos. He’s an absolute lunatic. He never stops shouting. https://t.co/zEnEA8ge15

:bow:

McNamara That Ghost...

This thread on Emery by a guy who's followed his entire managerial career makes for grim reading.

Dunno what he's on about, Sevilla were great to watch under him.

Master Splinter
Draxler to finally come home?

I'd take Mbappe, Rabiot, Verratti and Marquinhos too.

Marc Overmars
21-05-2018, 08:48 PM

Emery OUT!

Niall_Quinn
21-05-2018, 08:50 PM
Conversely

Emery is a coach first and foremost. He adapts to teams and his players. He's thorough/meticulous which by the way has been missing at AFC for a while. He'll add structure/purpose, players will learn of their obligations and responsibilities, will have 2 come out of comfort zone https://t.co/XqLFFXphfe

I don't want the new manager to adapt to our squad. I want him to kick their arses, sell the ones that aren't worth the effort and bring proper players in and play them in their proper positions. If he can do that then fine. If he can't then he's just nabbed a last minute ticket for the Titanic.

Xhaka Can’t
21-05-2018, 08:51 PM
Not bad, not bad at all.

I'm quite relieved we aren't gambling on someone like Arteta or Buvac. They might become very good managers in the future but it doesn't make sense to let them experiment at Arsenal. Let them cut their teeth at a smaller clubs first and work their way up like everyone else does.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=w70RQLtdVeU

Xhaka Can’t
21-05-2018, 08:53 PM
A guy who had a bigger budget available to him than Tony Stark and Thanos put together wasn't afraid to buy players? And that's even if he had any say in any purchasing matters?

The level of eejiterry never ceases to astound.

Let's see what he'll do with four Our Price vouchers and a Tesco coupon at Arsenal.

Our Price?

How fucking ancient are you?

Bumble
21-05-2018, 08:56 PM
Our Price?

How fucking ancient are you?

lol

Niall_Quinn
21-05-2018, 09:00 PM
Emery OUT!

:gp:

It's time to say goodbye, before we have to thank you for the memories.

Ralpheroo72
21-05-2018, 09:11 PM
We can bring Joey Barton in as the translator

Niall_Quinn
21-05-2018, 09:18 PM
We can bring Joey Barton in as the translator

Or Jamie Carragher. Is that gobby shite still out of a job?

hobson's choice
21-05-2018, 09:20 PM
Fukking embarrassing appointment, Gazidis clearly wanted a puppet and Arteta was not gonna be that guy.

Emery got made to look like a clown by Neymar and Alves. Imagine the likes of Ozil and Auba having any respect for this guy

Ralpheroo72
21-05-2018, 09:23 PM
Fukking embarrassing appointment, Gazidis clearly wanted a puppet and Arteta was not gonna be that guy.

Emery got made to look like a clown by Neymar and Alves. Imagine the likes of Ozil and Auba having any respect for this guy

Neymar is a cunt, as is Alves

Letters
21-05-2018, 09:24 PM

:doh:

Writing a manager off before a ball has been kicked.

Arsenal fans really are dicks.

I’ll judge him at the start of the season.

hobson's choice
21-05-2018, 09:28 PM

I know they are. But Emery let them 2 have complete power over him.

Its clear this board plans to spend no money. And Emery will just go along.

hobson's choice
21-05-2018, 09:28 PM

Writing a manager off before a ball has been kicked.

Arsenal fans really are dicks.

I’ll judge him at the start of the season.

I'm not writing him off I just what this hiring reeks off

Dial Square Old Boy
21-05-2018, 09:37 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ddvh64AV0AAfyuR?format=jpg&name=medium

That's inspired!

I am invisible
21-05-2018, 09:52 PM
I really love this club sometimes! We've just shown the entire footballing world of reporters, journos, pundits, bloggers and ITKs up for the bunch of make-it-up-as-you-go bullshitters that they are, and all we had to do was say nothing.

Cripps
21-05-2018, 09:59 PM
I'm not writing him off I just what this hiring reeks off

A serial winner every where he has been. I don't often agree with Letters but :doh:

Cripps
21-05-2018, 10:02 PM
Emery will bring his own technical staff, including a new assistant manager, physiotherapist & video production specialist with him to the club. [Goal] #afc https://t.co/UO8SIOQNDr

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
21-05-2018, 10:13 PM
Why's everybody so certain Arteta was throwing his weight around with demands? What ITK's are you listening to?

I've always seen Matthew McConaughey with black gelled hair when I've looked at Emery.....

Not totally sure what to make of the appointment to be honest but Jardim has long been my preferred choice. The chances of the getting THE one you want are usually small though.

Cripps
21-05-2018, 10:16 PM
Joaquin on Unai Emery:

“Emery put on so many videos I ran out of popcorn. He’s obsessed by football, it’s practically an illness. He’s one of the best managers I’ve had." https://t.co/O7qF0QWiA8

Marc Overmars
21-05-2018, 10:31 PM
https://youtu.be/PojWdO2hY8g

Balague talking a bit about Emery and what he can bring, also talks about the process we went through.

The Emirates Gallactico
21-05-2018, 10:32 PM
Joaquin on Unai Emery:

“Emery put on so many videos I ran out of popcorn. He’s obsessed by football, it’s practically an illness. He’s one of the best managers I’ve had." https://t.co/O7qF0QWiA8

Interesting. That ESPN guy on twitter made out that was a negative comment by Joaquin about Emery but reading it in full it obviously wasn't.

Cripps
21-05-2018, 10:34 PM
Interesting. That ESPN guy on twitter made out that was a negative comment by Joaquin about Emery but reading it in full it obviously wasn't.

The media trying to destabilise Arsenal. Shock.

Use your brain and rise above it.

Özim
21-05-2018, 10:43 PM
I'm pretty happy with Emery, granted he's not Allegri, or Simeone who are the top tier, but we were never going to get them (oddly not even being interested in Simeone one of the best managers in the world).

Emery did a great job at Sevilla, winning 3 Europa Leagues in a row is pretty good going, he made Sevilla a decent force, was great when they beat Klopps Liverpool! PSG looked very good under him, this season they were pretty impressive and got beaten by Real the worlds best club and in the French league they won everything. When they played us last season we literally got played off the park but Cavani missed a host of chances to bury us, was pretty impressed and we got out of jail in those games and topped a group with Bayern in it.

I think the guy will do a good job, he'll bring in players in positions we need and drill them to play as a team, his teams also play really good football, why anyone would want an unknown like Arteta, who has never managed, has never shown any leadership and is just a coach is beyond me, as someone said we really dodged a bullet with that one!

Cripps
21-05-2018, 10:45 PM
I'm pretty happy with Emery, granted he's not Allegri, or Simeone who are the top tier, but we were never going to get them (oddly not even being interested in Simeone one of the best managers in the world).

Emery did a great job at Sevilla, winning 3 Europa Leagues in a row is pretty good going, he made Sevilla a decent force, was great when they beat Klopps Liverpool! PSG looked very good under him, this season they were pretty impressive and got beaten by Real the worlds best club and in the French league they won everything. When they played us last season we literally got played off the park but Cavani missed a host of chances to bury us, was pretty impressed and we got out of jail in those games and topped a group with Bayern in it.

I think the guy will do a good job, he'll bring in players in positions we need and drill them to play as a team, his teams also play really good football, why anyone would want an unknown like Arteta, who has never managed, has never shown any leadership and is just a coach is beyond me, as someone said we really dodged a bullet with that one!

Great post

He's definetly someone that will command the respect of the players. Can see Ramsey signing a new deal now whereas under Arteta he was definetly off.

hobson's choice
21-05-2018, 10:51 PM
Great post

He's definetly someone that will command the respect of the players. Can see Ramsey signing a new deal now whereas under Arteta he was definetly off.

Command what respect, he got emasculated by the PSG management and Neymar and crew.

He's a spineless yes man

Cripps
21-05-2018, 11:10 PM
The Sun say Emery blew away #Arsenal’s recruitment team — led by Gazidis, Sanllehi & Mislintat — during a stunning presentation a fortnight ago. He staggered them with a forensic analysis of every player in the squad & provided detailed stats & info on how he would improve them. https://t.co/4zrkaW8NJq

Emery made it clear he planned to build his vision around 2 key players he regards as central to his plans - Aubameyang & Ramsey. Emery’s depth of knowledge of every #Arsenal player left Gazidis & his team gobsmacked — & overshadowed every other presentation, including Arteta’s. https://t.co/DHLDXKN54R

Emery’s attention to detail was described as Guardiola-like & the calm passion he displayed immediately won over Gazidis & co. He knew more about the #Arsenal squad & every relevant detail about their career path & injury histories than people who had been at the club for years. https://t.co/piauQ4GIqt

Marc Overmars
21-05-2018, 11:14 PM
Interesting. :popcorn:

I’d love to sit in on these interviews, I’ve always wondered what a manager has to say to sell themselves.

Cripps
21-05-2018, 11:20 PM
Jason Burt:*Arsenal players will have to get used to extremely detailed, and lengthy, video analysis sessions*under Unai Emery. Their new head coach leaves no stone unturned. The Spaniard is forensic in his ways of working and demanding in his attention.*

Cripps
21-05-2018, 11:25 PM
Matt Spiro: I can’t stress enough what a good appointment Emery is. If Sven Mislintat can do for Arsenal the job Monchi did at Sevilla (and I firmly believe he can) then Emery will do what it takes on the pitch. I am delighted with this news. #AFC #Arsenal

Cripps
21-05-2018, 11:27 PM
“Emery spends at least 12 hours watching and analysing every opponent, and gives very specific instructions to each player. Eventually, most of them understand that such an attitude helps them to improve.”

FourFourTwo

Niall_Quinn
21-05-2018, 11:31 PM

Some excellent points, well made.

Niall_Quinn
21-05-2018, 11:33 PM
I really love this club sometimes! We've just shown the entire footballing world of reporters, journos, pundits, bloggers and ITKs up for the bunch of make-it-up-as-you-go bullshitters that they are, and all we had to do was say nothing.

That won't even register with the know nothings and their audience. They'll just roll on to the next set of made up bullshit rumours as if nothing happened.

Cripps
21-05-2018, 11:38 PM
Ivan Gazidis - Chief executive

Francis Cagigao - Head of international recruitment

Raul Sanllehi - Head of football relations

Huss Fahmy - Contract negotiator

Sven Mislintat - Head of recruitment

Darren Burgess - Head of high performance

Unai Emery - Head Coach
#NewArsenal

Ivan's catalyst for change :bow:

Niall_Quinn
21-05-2018, 11:38 PM
The Sun say Emery blew away #Arsenal’s recruitment team — led by Gazidis, Sanllehi & Mislintat — during a stunning presentation a fortnight ago. He staggered them with a forensic analysis of every player in the squad & provided detailed stats & info on how he would improve them. https://t.co/4zrkaW8NJq

Emery made it clear he planned to build his vision around 2 key players he regards as central to his plans - Aubameyang & Ramsey. Emery’s depth of knowledge of every #Arsenal player left Gazidis & his team gobsmacked — & overshadowed every other presentation, including Arteta’s. https://t.co/DHLDXKN54R

Emery’s attention to detail was described as Guardiola-like & the calm passion he displayed immediately won over Gazidis & co. He knew more about the #Arsenal squad & every relevant detail about their career path & injury histories than people who had been at the club for years. https://t.co/piauQ4GIqt

I don't believe a single word of that.

The club has not been talking and these journos are literally having to pull shit out of their holes and try to sell it as must have insider info. Shit is shit. And the Sun is the undisputed master of all that is shit.

Cripps
21-05-2018, 11:44 PM
Of course you don't :lol:

Because you're not overly enthusiastic about the appointment :lol:

hobson's choice
21-05-2018, 11:47 PM
Also this is the same guy who had Draxler and Di Maria rotting on the bench all season because he was too much off a coward to have a proper rotation system. Because he didn't want to upset Neymar and Mbappe.

Jeez this club just keeps getting more embarrassing

Niall_Quinn
21-05-2018, 11:49 PM
Has anyone seen a single quote from the club or anyone directly connected to the club?

So the idea here is the Sun has an inside track. Odd then. The presentation was two weeks ago, allegedly, but only in the last 24 hours have the ITKs alerted us. Meanwhile they've been pushing Arteta as the frontrunner. Either this or their earlier stuff is total bullshit then.

It's both. Everything they say is bullshit.

Cripps
21-05-2018, 11:50 PM
Also this is the same guy who had Draxler and Di Maria rotting on the bench all season because he was too much off a coward to have a proper rotation system. Because he didn't want to upset Neymar and Mbappe.

Jeez this club just keeps getting more embarrassing

Or maybe Neymar and Mbappe are just better players and he didn't want to not play them? :unsure:

Niall_Quinn
21-05-2018, 11:54 PM
Well he won't have similar problems here. He'll have to settle for rotating Jack, Iwobi and Welbz.

Cripps
22-05-2018, 12:11 AM
10 trophies in 5 years

NQ :haha:

The Emirates Gallactico
22-05-2018, 12:13 AM
Could be that now that Emery is public knowledge another club source was prepared to leak more information to The Sun NQ.

Anyway if that story is true I'm actually feeling a lot better - the guy clearly has done his homework and is very meticulous & organised. Maybe this will work out after all though it's one thing having a plan and another thing actually implementing it.

Still worried about his defensive record though.

Niall_Quinn
22-05-2018, 12:34 AM
Could be that now that Emery is public knowledge another club source was prepared to leak more information to The Sun NQ.

Anyway if that story is true I'm actually feeling a lot better - the guy clearly has done his homework and is very meticulous & organised. Maybe this will work out after all though it's one thing having a plan and another thing actually implementing it.

Still worried about his defensive record though.

Even if true, it would mean they were pulling the Arteta frontrunner stuff out of their arses. Because who would have been leaking that to them, given the gobsmacking nature of Emery's presentation?

Plus, it's the Sun.

Niall_Quinn
22-05-2018, 12:36 AM
10 trophies in 5 years

Zero trophies of note though. The French league is a given. The Europa league is for clubs who can't cut it in the grown up tournament. This is the same situation as Wenger and the FA Cup. Big trophy? Second rate trophy? We know the answer.

But we'll give him a chance and see if he can step up his game to challenge the big teams.

Cripps
22-05-2018, 12:40 AM
Zero trophies of note though. The French league is a given. The Europa league is for clubs who can't cut it in the grown up tournament. This is the same situation as Wenger and the FA Cup. Big trophy? Second rate trophy? We know the answer.

But we'll give him a chance and see if he can step up his game to challenge the big teams.

:lol:

NQ the wum :bow:

The Emirates Gallactico
22-05-2018, 12:48 AM
https://twitter.com/MrArsenicTM/status/998708732782694406

Well we've just completely burned our bridges with Arteta. If he turns out to be the excellent coach everyone predicts he'll be, there's no way he's ever coming here again in the future.

Really handled this poorly and I hope Ivan is smart enough not to let "potential fan backlash" influence his decision making at all.

Cripps
22-05-2018, 01:13 AM
That's great news. I was hoping he'd be annoyed and we'd burnt bridges with him.

I don't want his mediocre arse anywhere near the club. Just hope someone else appoints him as manager so that ship sails.

To think we were willing to give his mediocre arse £4m a year :lol:

Cripps
22-05-2018, 01:22 AM
A good little video where he talks about his philosophy. Plenty of detail, tactics and video analysis seems to be his remit. Great news.

https://youtu.be/xdcF3AJX2Ks

Niall_Quinn
22-05-2018, 01:41 AM

Well we've just completely burned our bridges with Arteta. If he turns out to be the excellent coach everyone predicts he'll be, there's no way he's ever coming here again in the future.

Really handled this poorly and I hope Ivan is smart enough not to let "potential fan backlash" influence his decision making at all.

Tbf, the employer has the right to interview candidates and choose the person they feel is most suitable. That, by it's nature, means the other candidates miss out. And the club hasn't been speaking, nor has Arteta and (given the shock nature of the news) neither has Emery, so all these quotes and stories and other bullshit are invented and have no bearing on the reality.

Cripps
22-05-2018, 02:16 AM
At the end of Sevilla’s Europa League semi-final win over Fiorentina their manager, Unai Emery, sought out the winger Joaquín, embraced him, put an arm around his shoulder and walked him through a detailed tactical analysis, explaining precisely how the plan had come together. None of which would be particularly unusual, except that Joaquín does not play for Sevilla; he plays for Fiorentina. “I told him: ‘We spent three days working on how to stop you, first with videos and then on the training pitch,’” Emery says. “And he was like: ‘Yeah, yeah, I know.’”

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2015/may/27/sevilla-manager-europa-league-final-unai-emery?CMP=share_btn_tw&__twitter_impression=true

Emery :bow:

Ralpheroo72
22-05-2018, 04:03 AM
Gary Neville has his say

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/arsenal/news/neville-criticises-arsenals-hiring-process_326504.html

Goonermerree
22-05-2018, 06:41 AM
Gary Neville has his say

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/arsenal/news/neville-criticises-arsenals-hiring-process_326504.html

Who really cares what he thinks?

Penguin
22-05-2018, 06:48 AM

Frankly Arteta should be grateful he was even being considered. I don't see anyone else lining up to offer him a job so why should our club be the guinea pig?

Bumble
22-05-2018, 07:00 AM
That won't even register with the know nothings and their audience. They'll just roll on to the next set of made up bullshit rumours as if nothing happened.

i am pretty sure there was speculation regarding Emery, he was 2nd favourite with the bookies on Sunday so hardly a shock appointment!!!

However, the more I read the more excited I am getting. level of analysis, details around the players. I look forward to us getting back 4th place.

Özim
22-05-2018, 08:07 AM

To be fair he won the Europa League years in a row (which would be hard to do) and they beat Liverpool who seemed to be destined to win it in the final, convincingly as well, he also did everything but win the CL at PSG and this season Real the finalists beat them, they were pretty impressive up to that point.

In addition you were happy with Arteta who not only has won nothing, he's never even managed in his life, this is big upgrade over him. Thought PSG really impressed when they played us as well and they topped the group with Bayern in it this season.

IMO he's a very good manager and will do some good at the club, his style of play is also easy on the eye.

Letters
22-05-2018, 08:21 AM
IMO he's a very good manager and will do some good at the club, his style of play is also easy on the eye.
Right! Right!
Quoting this.
Zim has said something positive!
:partytime:
:patrice:
:dance:
:trophy:

The Emirates Gallactico
22-05-2018, 08:28 AM
Tbf, the employer has the right to interview candidates and choose the person they feel is most suitable. That, by it's nature, means the other candidates miss out. And the club hasn't been speaking, nor has Arteta and (given the shock nature of the news) neither has Emery, so all these quotes and stories and other bullshit are invented and have no bearing on the reality.

Frankly Arteta should be grateful he was even being considered. I don't see anyone else lining up to offer him a job so why should our club be the guinea pig?

Agreed on both counts that Arteta should have been happy with just an interview but by accounts we've strung him along and given the impression that he was going to be appointed (apparently he was planning on what backroom staff to bring along over the weekend) only to pull the rug from his feet at the last minute after Ivan potentially got cold feet.

We've also pissed of Vieira as well with our approach to him which according to him was purely a gesture so much so that Ian Wright was blasting the club last night for "tokenism".

It's not so much not appointing either of those two but the manner in which we contacted & dealt with them that seems completely amateur. We've done it a way that possibly rules out any future involvement here which if either turns out to be world class coaches in the future, we're going to feel very silly about. FFS Ivan.

Power n Glory
22-05-2018, 08:36 AM
Agreed on both counts that Arteta should have been happy with just an interview but by accounts we've strung him along and given the impression that he was going to be appointed (apparently he was planning on what backroom staff to bring along over the weekend) only to pull the rug from his feet at the last minute after Ivan potentially got cold feet.

We've also pissed of Vieira as well with our approach to him which according to him was purely a gesture so much so that Ian Wright was blasting the club last night for "tokenism".

It's not so much not appointing either of those two but the manner in which we contacted & dealt with them that seems completely amateur. We've done it a way that possibly rules out any future involvement here which if either turns out to be world class coaches in the future, we're going to feel very silly about. FFS Ivan.

This isn't our fault. It's the media and their bullshit. We really have no idea how close we were to signing up Arteta or anyone for that matter. Emery has yet to be confirmed. Nobody has said anything. The candidates have stayed quiet and so has club. How is it that we get the 'amateur hour' tag when it's obvious the press have not got the slightest clue as to what's going on and has been feeding us bullshit for weeks?

The Emirates Gallactico
22-05-2018, 08:42 AM
This isn't our fault. It's the media and their bullshit. We really have no idea how close we were to signing up Arteta or anyone for that matter. Emery has yet to be confirmed. Nobody has said anything. The candidates have stayed quiet and so has club. How is it that we get the 'amateur hour' tag when it's obvious the press have not got the slightest clue as to what's going on and has been feeding us bullshit for weeks?

Could very well be and I think some of the ITK's have been full of shit and have exposed themselves as frauds.

But there's usually never all this smoke without some kind of fire for any story .... i.e. Arteta was more than likely a very serious candidate at some point. We had Pep basically confirm last week that we had made an approach and that he wouldn't stand in his way.

selassie
22-05-2018, 08:46 AM
To be fair he won the Europa League years in a row (which would be hard to do) and they beat Liverpool who seemed to be destined to win it in the final, convincingly as well, he also did everything but win the CL at PSG and this season Real the finalists beat them, they were pretty impressive up to that point.

In addition you were happy with Arteta who not only has won nothing, he's never even managed in his life, this is big upgrade over him. Thought PSG really impressed when they played us as well and they topped the group with Bayern in it this season.

Yep agreed. He is a very good manager, one season of not winning the league at PSG doesn't change that. Prior to his move to PSG his stock was very high.

He built very good teams on limited budgets at both Valencia and Sevilla, he was the one that developed David Silva and Juan Mata at Valencia, he was also the one that developed David Villa to a world class level prior to his move from Valencia to Barca. His Valencia side finished 3rd on a couple of occasions and his Sevilla team whilst not finishing top 4 regularly won the Europa League, they beat some decent teams too.

Emery builds structured attacking teams that play attractive football, he is more than qualified to do a job here at Arsenal and he will promote youth too.

I think it's a decent appointment, after all if it doesn't work out then he will get the boot, we have no emotional obligation to keep him around.

selassie
22-05-2018, 08:52 AM

Who cares? He is a minor in the management world and has no god given right to walk into Arsenal as the new manager. It's a big job, a job which requires an experienced manager who has operated in a European league and has experience of European competitions.

Vieira shouldn't have even been a candidate....

Cripps
22-05-2018, 09:07 AM

Tbf I don't see what the problem is. If Chelsea had done it the media would praise them for being ruthless. The board finally show a ruthless streak and the media still hit out at us.

Goonermerree
22-05-2018, 09:19 AM
Tbf I don't see what the problem is. If Chelsea had done it the media would praise them for being ruthless. The board finally show a ruthless streak and the media still hit out at us.

No, we'd be saying what a classless club it is. The media makes everything worse though, always speculating to sell a paper or get an internet view. Just let clubs do their work in the background, you'll find out soon enough That won't sell papers though

I am invisible
22-05-2018, 09:20 AM

Sadly true. Fun watching them lost for words for a microsecond, but they're already adapting with their "Arsenal's process was a shambles" spiel. And the public are buying it.

It's all the internet's fault! Basic economics dictates that the more of an abundance there is of something, the less we value it: in this case the internet has given us instant access to near limitless information, and because of that I think a lot of people have stopped caring about the veracity of it. Pick any subject and there will be a million opinions and articles out there that argue every possible point - far more likely than not that what you're reading is bullshit, so we start to get cynical about it, and stop assigning any real value to any of it.

Also, seeking out the truth (and maybe having to challenge and change our own preconceptions along the way) can be time-consuming and hard - far easier to simply seek out opinions that already match and validate our own (of which will be thousands just a click away), or tell us exactly what we were hoping to hear (especially in transfer madness season - it's the one time of the year that we can all believe that our teams might just be something special, before stinking reality kicks in again in August). The know-nothings are bunch of liars and parasites to be sure, but I'll say this for them - they understand their environment better than most, and they know how to take full advantage of it...

Cripps
22-05-2018, 09:25 AM
No, we'd be saying what a classless club it is. The media makes everything worse though, always speculating to sell a paper or get an internet view. Just let clubs do their work in the background, you'll find out soon enough That won't sell papers though

Tbf I don't mind us being ruthless.

We've been too nice for years and it's got us nowhere.

Goonermerree
22-05-2018, 09:26 AM
Tbf I don't mind us being ruthless.

We've been too nice for years and it's got us nowhere.
We'd still call Chelsea or United classless, just because...

Goonermerree
22-05-2018, 09:28 AM
Anyway,there's not a thing about a new manager on .com

Cripps
22-05-2018, 09:33 AM
Chris Davison confirms what The Sun said:

#AFC | Unai Emery really impressed in his interview. Was clear to see how much he wants the job, gave in depth analysis of how he plans to improve players and who he wants to build around. He also appreciates and respects the values of the club which is what the board want.

Goonermerree
22-05-2018, 09:36 AM
Chris Davison confirms what The Sun said:

#AFC | Unai Emery really impressed in his interview. Was clear to see how much he wants the job, gave in depth analysis of how he plans to improve players and who he wants to build around. He also appreciates and respects the values of the club which is what the board want.

Being sacked and all, he would be desperate for - I mean want- the job

Mac76
22-05-2018, 09:37 AM
No he’s premier inn, not premier league.

:clap:

KSE Comedy Club
22-05-2018, 09:39 AM

Mac76
22-05-2018, 09:39 AM
Also, he has worked his way up from the lower divisions in Spain and has guided Valencia to 3 successive 3rd place finishes and of course won 3 europas with Seville.

In a way this is the ideal candidate we were hoping for. Only issue I can see is he doesn’t speak very good English.

So he only speaks a little bit the language - that's ok isn't it - oh, hang on that reminds me of someone... :wacko:

Letters
22-05-2018, 09:49 AM
Is our ground going to be renamed The Emery-ates?

:getcoat:

Mac76
22-05-2018, 09:54 AM
Is our ground going to be renamed The Emery-ates?

:getcoat:

very good

anyway i think Emery seems to be cut from the right cloth :rimshot:

KSE Comedy Club
22-05-2018, 10:05 AM
Now I have had time to digest the shock news from last night, I am more than happy with this appointment. Much better than Arteta and finally, we will have a coach who has the ability to analyse the opposition and our own squad and see the strengths and weaknesses in both. Someone with tactical nous but still with an idea of how they want the team to play.

No matter what people think about his track record, he has still won the EL 3 times in a row and domestic trophies - so he has the experience.

He has clearly impressed the board enough for them to offer him the job, so that speaks for itself.

At the end of the day, the main things that we have spent the last 3-6 years berating Wenger for, have just all been addressed in one fell swoop.

He could have a very successful future with us if he does everything with the squad that his analyzing has afforded him to see.
We really don't have a bad squad bar 2-3 players, that with the right additions and Emery's knowledge, could very likely see us competing again :good:

I feel much, much better today with the more I read about him and I think we should all be in good spirits with what might be to come next season! :cool: :d :scarf:

Niall_Quinn
22-05-2018, 10:23 AM
Gary Neville has his say

What a surprise. Gaz is so unpredictable.

hobson's choice
22-05-2018, 10:24 AM
A good little video where he talks about his philosophy. Plenty of detail, tactics and video analysis seems to be his remit. Great news.

https://youtu.be/xdcF3AJX2Ks

All well and good. But this is a guy that went a whole season without winning an away game.

For all his great tactics, his PSG teams struggled against Ligue 1 teams that actually had a plan and didn't just concede from the start.

And i don't wanna hear bout his time at Valencia. Cause all he did was just accomplish the minimum requirement.

Woo hoo

Niall_Quinn
22-05-2018, 10:28 AM

To be fair, I was talking to cripps.

I said months ago, I'd have been happy with a chimpanzee taking over from Wenger. Arteta, Emery, this isn't hugely important. The big event has already happened.

Cripps
22-05-2018, 10:31 AM
All well and good. But this is a guy that went a whole season without winning an away game.

For all his great tactics, his PSG teams struggled against Ligue 1 teams that actually had a plan and didn't just concede from the start.

And i don't wanna hear bout his time at Valencia. Cause all he did was just accomplish the minimum requirement.

Woo hoo

Klopp was awful in his last season at Dortmund, sometimes a manager exhausts a club. At least he won a trophy in the midst of that.

:console:

selassie
22-05-2018, 11:32 AM
What a surprise. Gaz is so unpredictable.

I’m surprised he has been kept informed of ongoing developments or is his opinion based on throwaway journo guess work! :rolleyes:

Marc Overmars
22-05-2018, 12:08 PM
There's a lot of confirmation bias going on IMO. Can you imagine the reaction if we knew for 2 weeks it was Emery in pole position but suddenly Arteta got the job? I think people had convinced themselves that hiring someone with zero experience was going to be revolutionary but now we've got more of a safer bet we're all a little underwhelmed. The most important thing to remember is we haven't got a dud, the guy is clearly a proper coach and I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do.

AFC Leveller
22-05-2018, 12:11 PM
https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/33200347_2120755821495079_5237479808769720320_n.jp g?_nc_cat=0&oh=8aee1580373f7f35f0827b9ca833ffa4&oe=5B7EF92E

Goonermerree
22-05-2018, 12:16 PM
There's a lot of confirmation bias going on IMO. Can you imagine the reaction if we knew for 2 weeks it was Emery in pole position but suddenly Arteta got the job? I think people had convinced themselves that hiring someone with zero experience was going to be revolutionary but now we've got more of a safer bet we're all a little underwhelmed. The most important thing to remember is we haven't got a dud, the guy is clearly a proper coach and I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do.

I am as well.

bignev
22-05-2018, 12:20 PM

This is the most sensible post in this thread.

Some of you guys have lost it, if you ever had it in the first place.

Stop moaning and get behind the new manager and let's see what he can do.

Goonermerree
22-05-2018, 12:42 PM
Has this appointment actually been confirmed yet?

Niall_Quinn
22-05-2018, 01:20 PM
Has this appointment actually been confirmed yet?

Not yet but it'd be bonkers if he's not got it. Sounds like a done deal.

Hard to imagine we'll soon be starting a season where different things happen. Can't quite picture it.

Mac76
22-05-2018, 01:22 PM

Like this says

Goonermerree
22-05-2018, 01:25 PM
Not yet but it'd be bonkers if he's not got it. Sounds like a done deal.

Hard to imagine we'll soon be starting a season where different things happen. Can't quite picture it.

22 years is a long time seeing the same face in charge and especially with the predictability of the last few years. We don't know how we're going to play, nor which players will be there or come in. It is refreshing yet weird.

Power n Glory
22-05-2018, 01:29 PM

That's for sure. I had to get my head around why we'd consider Arteta, accepted it and now I'm doing the same with Emery.

Pros and cons with every appointment. For me, the concern with Emery is that he won't be able to compete with the major clubs. I can't ignore his record against major clubs and top tier rival managers. Also, going a whole season without an Away win and the fiasco at PSG has me a little worried by his man management skills and discipline. PSG seemed toxic but I can't understand what happened with Sevilla. Also, I can't understand why he wasn't able to push Sevilla to a top 4 spot in La Liga. Managing that along with the Europa League wins would have looked more impressive to me.

But there are plenty of pros. He has an eye for talent. That Valencia team with David Villa, David Silva and Mata was impressive. It also sounds like he is good at developing young players. Rabiot for PSG became more consistent from what I've heard. I also like the fact that he is meticulous when it comes to details and he will do his homework. He's a tactician.

I'm more optimistic than yesterday. I think with more resources he'll do a lot better than what he was able to do at Sevilla and Valencia. But a club like PSG, Real Madrid or even Chlesa would be a bad move for him. Too many egos and player power politics. He won't have that problem at Arsenal. If our aim is to compete with the big clubs but with an alternative approach that is more similar to what we have seen at Dortmund and Atletico in terms of transfers and development, we might do we really well.

Cripps
22-05-2018, 01:59 PM
22 years is a long time seeing the same face in charge and especially with the predictability of the last few years. We don't know how we're going to play, nor which players will be there or come in. It is refreshing yet weird.

Can you imagine how excited the players must be? From Arteta and someone not really liked in the dressing room to an experienced serial winner. The players must be buzzing.

Niall_Quinn
22-05-2018, 02:15 PM
Can you imagine how excited the players must be? From Arteta and someone not really liked in the dressing room to an experienced serial winner. The players must be buzzing.

I doubt it. For some of them the focus will be on the World Cup, for the rest, their holidays. Buzz and excitement will have to be beaten into this lot. It has been a long time since this squad was energised by anything and they have all developed terrible habits. Whoever it was coming in always had a major job. If Emery can bring leadership, something lacking for so long (we don't even have a club captain), then great, but he'll still have to sell it to a bunch that has been coddled for most of their careers.

It's good Auba and Laca haven't spent that much time with Wenger. They'll still remember what it was like to work with a real football manager. We start from there and see what else can be rescued.

selassie
22-05-2018, 02:24 PM

Özim
22-05-2018, 02:38 PM

Spot on, I'm very happy, Arteta wasn't for me, no experience and just a coach, we've seen Guardiola didn't need the coaches and assistants, he wins wherever he goes and with whoever as long as you give him lots of money and top players.

Emeri has got a decent record, wins stuff and has shown at a number of clubs he can deliver and bring in good players, Arteta would have been a big mistake, his name is part and parcel of a time of Arsenal failure, where he alongside many others showed no leadership and no real quality, he never changed the flow of any game with his suppose influence.

Cripps
22-05-2018, 02:49 PM
Arteta was bang average. People regard him as some sort of great leader but he oversaw the most embarrassing period in our recent era. If he was the great leader people say he was he'd have led us to something half decent during his time here.

If he didnt look smart or speak professionally he'd be regarded in the same category as Denilson.

Power n Glory
22-05-2018, 03:18 PM
Arteta was bang average. People regard him as some sort of great leader but he oversaw the most embarrassing period in our recent era. If he was the great leader people say he was he'd have led us to something half decent during his time here.

If he didnt look smart or speak professionally he'd be regarded in the same category as Denilson.

:doh: Arteta is a wildcard choice but you guys need to stop with these ridiculous projections based off his playing career. Nobody knows how things will turn out for him.

Not all coach's have a successful playing career before transitioning into management. That's true of Arsene Wenger, Fergie, Mourinho and even Emery, who couldn't cut it in La Liga and spent his career playing in the Spanish Division 1 football.

Cripps
22-05-2018, 03:27 PM
:doh: Arteta is a wildcard choice but you guys need to stop with these ridiculous projections based off his playing career. Nobody knows how things will turn out for him.

Not all coach's have a successful playing career before transitioning into management. That's true of Arsene Wenger, Fergie, Mourinho and even Emery, who couldn't cut it in La Liga and spent his career playing in the Spanish Division 1 football.

I was speaking about his playing career and stated facts :shrug:

Cripps
22-05-2018, 03:27 PM
Emery on his match preparation: “For every game, I might have spent 12 hours just on the video. Videos are very important.” #afc https://t.co/TKyKDpcMYK

Globalgunner
22-05-2018, 03:29 PM

Granted. but there is absolutely no need for a club in decline like us to take a blind leap of faith with a guy who hasnt even managed a kiddies team in football. It made npo sense on any level.

Özim
22-05-2018, 03:29 PM

You're right of course but not all coach's have a successful playing career before transitioning into management. That's true of Arsene Wenger, Fergie, Mourinho and even Emery, who couldn't cut it in La Liga and spent his career playing in the Spanish Division 1 football.

True, but what makes Arteta a good candidate most coaches/assistants don't seem to make good managers either, so looking at their record as coach is irrelevant, on top of that it's even more irrelevant as Guardiola has won at every club with different assistants/coaches, I don't see why this guy was seen as a good candidate when he's never shown any kind of leadership or indeed influence.

Power n Glory
22-05-2018, 03:41 PM
Granted. but there is absolutely no need for a club in decline like us to take a blind leap of faith with a guy who hasnt even managed a kiddies team in football. It made npo sense on any level.

I can understand the reservation. It may have been a step too far for our club because we've only just restructured, but it's not uncommon in football. Managers are getting younger and it could be argued that a talented young manager would learn more if they're with a big club first instead of going to a smaller club that has a completely different structure and resources.

Cripps
22-05-2018, 03:46 PM
It made absolutely zero sense and was a stupid thought.

To put an elite, multi million pound sporting entity in the hands of someone that hasn't managed a game is daft. Thankfully Ivan saw sense at the last minute.

Power n Glory
22-05-2018, 04:03 PM
True, but what makes Arteta a good candidate most coaches/assistants don't seem to make good managers either, so looking at their record as coach is irrelevant, on top of that it's even more irrelevant as Guardiola has won at every club with different assistants/coaches, I don't see why this guy was seen as a good candidate when he's never shown any kind of leadership or indeed influence.

You've been dismissive of most of the information presented on Arteta, so of course you don't see.

Wenger, Mourinho, Ancelotti all started off as assistant coaches to somebody. When it comes to young coaches, it's difficult to project their trajectory until they're actually doing the job.

Power n Glory
22-05-2018, 04:14 PM

You also said you'd prefer Theirry Henry!

Static
22-05-2018, 04:14 PM
I don't see the point in criticising Arteta either. Whoever we get, seems like Emery atm, will be more of a head coach brought in to train and develop our players. Based on the opinions of people around Arteta he is highly regarded. It may have been a gamble but we'll never know now.

Özim
22-05-2018, 04:21 PM
You also said you'd prefer Theirry Henry!

Yes because at least he had some decent connection with the club in that he was a legend, not some nobody with no real decent connection other than being part of a losing club and one of the worst captains we've had.

Goonermerree
22-05-2018, 04:21 PM
You've been dismissive of most of the information presented on Arteta, so of course you don't see.

Wenger, Mourinho, Ancelotti all started off as assistant coaches to somebody. When it comes to young coaches, it's difficult to project their trajectory until they're actually doing the job.

None of those cut their managerial teeth with big clubs though. Despite what many think about Wenger, expectations are high now.

Goonermerree
22-05-2018, 04:24 PM
Yes because at least he had some decent connection with the club in that he was a legend, not some nobody with no real decent connection other than being part of a losing club and one of the worst captains we've had.

Ouch! To be fair, he was in the trolley of the supermarket dash at the end of the summer transfer window 2011 after that 8-2 drubbing at the hands of United when for some reason, we didn't have many players available.

Power n Glory
22-05-2018, 04:29 PM

And what does that have to do with his managerial ability? Zero. So it's an even bigger gamble. I get those talking about lack of experience but the above makes no sense.

I am invisible
22-05-2018, 04:38 PM

:good:
Arrigo Sacchi was always the classic example - they guy used to be a shoe salesman before he became a football manager? Never played professional football either - just went straight in to managing Parma for 2 years and then put together the greatest Milan side of all time.

More recently there's guys like Nagelsmann - everyone's looking at him now and saying "well, he does at least have 2 years experience", but when Hoffenheim first took him on he was 28 and had no managerial experience whatsoever. So far he's rocked out a CL finish in both of the seasons that he's been in charge.

Same story with Tedesco at Shalke - no managerial experience before he was hired at the start of the season, and he's just finished 2nd.

These examples might be in the minority right now, but I honestly think this is going to be the future for most top clubs, and the beginning of the end for the Galactico manager (along with their egos, their huge teams of assistsants and their equally massive lists of demands)...

Niall_Quinn
22-05-2018, 04:43 PM
I've been seeing a lot of fans rewriting Arteta's playing career. Because they didn't want him as manager (understandable) they have been trashing him across the board, including his playing career. Things have veered wildly from reality now. Arteta was, in fact (and you can find the numbers), and excellent midfielder and a model professional. He could always be relied upon to step up in pressure situations. Wenger was the problem - again. Arteta was far more creative than Wenger allowed him to be. His role was tip tap merchant supreme, keeping possession, keeping the ball moving. The sort of stuff we've all come to hate about our style of play. And now we see Xhaka doing the same thing. And we all think he's a shit player too. Not true. He's been Wengerised as well.

Maybe many fans didn't want Arteta here, but it's very unfair to kick him in the teeth for his years of dependable service. And he was far, far, far away from being our worst captain. Plenty of other candidates for that, including guys who showed no loyalty to the club whatsoever.

Good bloke is Arteta. Served the club well. Things haven't worked out for him in terms of the manager's spot, but I don't see how that becomes an open invitation for fans to start crucifying him and talking shit about his career.

Static
22-05-2018, 04:47 PM
I've been seeing a lot of fans rewriting Arteta's playing career. Because they didn't want him as manager (understandable) they have been trashing him across the board, including his playing career. Things have veered wildly from reality now. Arteta was, in fact (and you can find the numbers), and excellent midfielder and a model professional. He could always be relied upon to step up in pressure situations. Wenger was the problem - again. Arteta was far more creative than Wenger allowed him to be. His role was tip tap merchant supreme, keeping possession, keeping the ball moving. The sort of stuff we've all come to hate about our style of play. And now we see Xhaka doing the same thing. And we all think he's a shit player too. Not true. He's been Wengerised as well.

Maybe many fans didn't want Arteta here, but it's very unfair to kick him in the teeth for his years of dependable service. And he was far, far, far away from being our worst captain. Plenty of other candidates for that, including guys who showed no loyalty to the club whatsoever.

Good bloke is Arteta. Served the club well. Things haven't worked out for him in terms of the manager's spot, but I don't see how that becomes an open invitation for fans to start crucifying him and talking shit about his career.

Globalgunner
22-05-2018, 04:57 PM
I've been seeing a lot of fans rewriting Arteta's playing career. Because they didn't want him as manager (understandable) they have been trashing him across the board, including his playing career. Things have veered wildly from reality now. Arteta was, in fact (and you can find the numbers), and excellent midfielder and a model professional. He could always be relied upon to step up in pressure situations. Wenger was the problem - again. Arteta was far more creative than Wenger allowed him to be. His role was tip tap merchant supreme, keeping possession, keeping the ball moving. The sort of stuff we've all come to hate about our style of play. And now we see Xhaka doing the same thing. And we all think he's a shit player too. Not true. He's been Wengerised as well.Maybe many fans didn't want Arteta here, but it's very unfair to kick him in the teeth for his years of dependable service. And he was far, far, far away from being our worst captain. Plenty of other candidates for that, including guys who showed no loyalty to the club whatsoever.Good bloke is Arteta. Served the club well. Things haven't worked out for him in terms of the manager's spot, but I don't see how that becomes an open invitation for fans to start crucifying him and talking shit about his career.Sorry NQ you are the one rewriting history here. Arteta was an AM at both Rangers and Everton. Quite good esp at Everton. By the time he had got to us he was no longer athletic enough to do that role. Wenger as his wont was starting his in love affair with the Wilshere Ramsey combo and stuffed Arteta in the DM position, He was wholly unsuitable for the role. Unathletic and spectacularly non aggressive. He became slower and slower as the years went by and became a bloody liability. He would tug and foul his opposition and gave away numerous freekicks in dangerous positions every match. But Wenger was loyal and kept him on made him captain and he played most games even when we were in dire straits in the league. I would despair when he was ever put on. His career with us was one long dirge of inadequacy.

The only thing he was very good at was taking pens and missed a crucial one once when we could have drawn a game which we then lost, IIRC

Cripps
22-05-2018, 05:02 PM
Arteta was bang average and I said that even when he was playing for us. Just a more professional looking, professional speaking Denilson.

He was limited in his play, slow and not dynamic.

An 'excellent' midfielder? Is that really the bar for excellence? :lol:

Cripps
22-05-2018, 05:04 PM
Sorry NQ you are the one rewriting history here. Arteta was an AM at both Rangers and Everton. Quite good esp at Everton. By the time he had got to us he was no longer athletic enough to do that role. Wenger as his wont was starting his in love affair with the Wilshere Ramsey combo and stuffed Arteta in the DM position, He was wholly unsuitable for the role. Unathletic and spectacularly non aggressive. He became slower and slower as the years went by and became a bloody liability. He would tug and foul his opposition and gave away numerous freekicks in dangerous positions every match. But Wenger was loyal and kept him on made him captain and he played most games even when we were in dire straits in the league. I would despair when he was ever put on. His career with us was one long dirge of inadequacy.

The only thing he was very good at was taking pens and missed a crucial one once when we could have drawn a game which we then lost, IIRC

Will never forget the sight of Barkley running rings around him and Arteta chasing shadows :lol:

Niall_Quinn
22-05-2018, 06:36 PM
Sorry NQ you are the one rewriting history here. Arteta was an AM at both Rangers and Everton. Quite good esp at Everton. By the time he had got to us he was no longer athletic enough to do that role. Wenger as his wont was starting his in love affair with the Wilshere Ramsey combo and stuffed Arteta in the DM position, He was wholly unsuitable for the role. Unathletic and spectacularly non aggressive. He became slower and slower as the years went by and became a bloody liability. He would tug and foul his opposition and gave away numerous freekicks in dangerous positions every match. But Wenger was loyal and kept him on made him captain and he played most games even when we were in dire straits in the league. I would despair when he was ever put on. His career with us was one long dirge of inadequacy.

That's my point, Wenger played him in that role. And he did exactly what was asked of him. As boring as it all was, he was one of the best in the squad at retaining the ball - Wenger's pet attribute - and he was a highly accurate passer, even if he wasn't allowed to be ambitious with the ball. I'm not saying he was the best we ever had, I'm saying the fans making up shit about him now are having to defend their toy throwing when they thought he was favourite for the manager's role, rather than telling it like it was.

Özim
22-05-2018, 07:12 PM
And what does that have to do with his managerial ability? Zero. So it's an even bigger gamble. I get those talking about lack of experience but the above makes no sense.

and what managerial ability does Arteta have? He's never managed a club, he's just a coach, even Henry is an assistant for Belgium and is being praised by the players he's working with.

Point is neither have managed, but I prefer Henry, reckon he'd command more respect too, it's not a bigger gamble at all, Arteta is just as much if not more of a gamble, as I said where is the proof he's any good? Guardiola has been a success at every club he's been at and Arteta wasn't there before City, the way I see it Arteta wasn't that important to City's success at all, Pep would have done it with or without him.

Özim
22-05-2018, 07:13 PM
Arteta was bang average and I said that even when he was playing for us. Just a more professional looking, professional speaking Denilson.

He was limited in his play, slow and not dynamic.

An 'excellent' midfielder? Is that really the bar for excellence? :lol:

Spot on, always thought he was lightweight and average for us, never good enough and was thrilled when we finally got rid, really really disappointing signing in my eyes.

McNamara That Ghost...
22-05-2018, 07:23 PM
Yeah and then we signed Xhaka. :lol:

Letters
22-05-2018, 07:31 PM
Arteta's ability as a player at any club and how good he was for us are completely irrelevant to how good he would be for us or any other club as a manager.
My issue with him being appointed as a manager is...well, he has no experience as a manager.
It's crazy to even think about appointing him to a club at our level (and I hope no-one questions what our level is, what's with all the self-harm amongst Arsenal fans, we're a massive club)

Bumble
22-05-2018, 07:45 PM
Arteta's ability as a player at any club and how good he was for us are completely irrelevant to how good he would be for us or any other club as a manager.
My issue with him being appointed as a manager is...well, he has no experience as a manager.
It's crazy to even think about appointing him to a club at our level (and I hope no-one questions what our level is, what's with all the self-harm amongst Arsenal fans, we're a massive club)

yeah arteta would have been barmy, but the more and more I hear and read about emery. the more exciting it is. I am genuinely looking forward to the new season and how things go. although wouldn't be surprised if we start with city away then Liverpool home.

we are a massive club, third biggest in England.

Cripps
22-05-2018, 09:48 PM
Unai Emery confirms on his site

http://www.unai-emery.com

Marc Overmars
22-05-2018, 10:07 PM
That's my point, Wenger played him in that role. And he did exactly what was asked of him. As boring as it all was, he was one of the best in the squad at retaining the ball - Wenger's pet attribute - and he was a highly accurate passer, even if he wasn't allowed to be ambitious with the ball. I'm not saying he was the best we ever had, I'm saying the fans making up shit about him now are having to defend their toy throwing when they thought he was favourite for the manager's role, rather than telling it like it was.

He wasn’t terrible nor was he really that effective either, I wouldn’t say he elevated our game in any way. He was also injured for his final 2 years as well so we only have 3 seasons to go off. He suffered from the same issues of being easily overrun and passive, much like our current crop of midfielders. I think he was a middle of the road player that typified the kind of signings we were making at the time.

Having said that, I don’t think his playing career has any relevance to what he’d be like as a manager.

Anyway, Emery is the man. Arteta is a City cunt so fuck him. :d

The Emirates Gallactico
23-05-2018, 07:55 AM
Unai Emery :bow:

Let's fucking support him.

Özim
23-05-2018, 08:17 AM
He wasn’t terrible nor was he really that effective either, I wouldn’t say he elevated our game in any way. He was also injured for his final 2 years as well so we only have 3 seasons to go off. He suffered from the same issues of being easily overrun and passive, much like our current crop of midfielders. I think he was a middle of the road player that typified the kind of signings we were making at the time.

Having said that, I don’t think his playing career has any relevance to what he’d be like as a manager.

Spot on, he was average and made no difference to the team and we never really saw his influence anywhere. Doens't ean he wouldn't make a good manager, but there's no evidence he would make a good manager either, other than it being a punt. On that basis if you're going for someone with no expecrience, you may as well pick one of your legends to manage because there's zero difference between him nd one of them other than the fact they maybe would command more respect (and Vieria is managing at least)

Özim
23-05-2018, 08:17 AM
Wonder why the club haven't announced it yet, why wouldn't they just get it out of the way so we can get going.

Cripps
23-05-2018, 08:28 AM
The newcomers are expected to be:
-Juan Carlos Carcedo (assistant)
-Pablo Villanueva (technical coach)
-Julen Masach (fitness coach)
-Victor Manas (video analyst)

I'm so pumped :dance:

Cripps
23-05-2018, 08:31 AM
Arsenal announce Emery:

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/999205849427070976?s=19

Letters
23-05-2018, 08:34 AM
Arsenal announce Emery:

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/999205849427070976?s=19

:lol: Reminded me of a "New Doctor Who" announcement.

At least we didn't pick a woman... :sulk:

Letters
23-05-2018, 08:34 AM
On the website now

https://www.arsenal.com/news/welcome-unai

:dance:

Cripps
23-05-2018, 08:37 AM
Kroenke confirms what The Sun said:

Several things stood out during his interview and the entire process; his football knowledge, energy, determination and love of the game. His familiarity with our club and our players, the Premier League and the game in Europe were all very impressive.
https://www.arsenal.com/news/welcome-unai#PZIP3ZXfjVryzjZ4.99

Niall_Quinn
23-05-2018, 08:41 AM

Even Ozil and Alexis couldn't elevate our game by the time Wengerball had been perfected. Thierry Henry was the last player we had who could rise above Wenger's style, and maybe Alexis on the odd occasion. We continue to have midfielders who are easily overrun. Why? Because we don't play as a team, we play as scattered individuals. We've had three players in the middle during the depths of Wengerball who could somewhat stand the carnage, Arteta, Cazorla and Ozil. Whenever these players were/ are missing we miss them, mainly because we lose the ball even more and are more aimless than usual. The numbers bear this out.

Given today's news, we have to hope and assume all this will change now. We could soon see the first rational and organised team at Arsenal in over a decade. Emery needs to be at his desk today - there's not a moment to lose. He has a lot of work to do.

The Emirates Gallactico
23-05-2018, 08:41 AM
Trophies won in the last five years:

Unai Emery: 10
Pep Guardiola: 9
Jose Mourinho: 4
Antonio Conte: 4
Jurgen Klopp: 2
Mauricio Pochettino: 0

Got myself pumped up & excited for this appointment now, though it could just be the sense of something new & different.

Fucking don't let me down Unai!

Niall_Quinn
23-05-2018, 08:43 AM
Kroenke confirms what The Sun said:

Several things stood out during his interview and the entire process; his football knowledge, energy, determination and love of the game. His familiarity with our club and our players, the Premier League and the game in Europe were all very impressive.
https://www.arsenal.com/news/welcome-unai#PZIP3ZXfjVryzjZ4.99

I expected Kroenke to come out and say Emery was mediocre, lacked knowledge and didn't much like football.

Letters
23-05-2018, 08:43 AM

Arsene Wenger 3

fyp :ninja:

Cripps
23-05-2018, 08:45 AM
I expected Kroenke to come out and say Emery was mediocre, lacked knowledge and didn't much like football.

:console:

selassie
23-05-2018, 08:49 AM
I am exacted about this.

Fingers crossed Unai makes a positive start, he has a lot of work to do to sort out our rabble.

Come on Arsenal!

Power n Glory
23-05-2018, 08:50 AM

Got myself pumped up & excited for this appointment now, though it could just be the sense of something new & different.

Fucking don't let me down Unai!

Brendan Rodgers has won 6 trophies in the last two years. :coffee:

Power n Glory
23-05-2018, 08:51 AM
Excited about this appointment and what the new team will look like. He plans on building the team around Ramsey and Aubameyang. Will interesting to see what he pull from the current crop of players.

Letters
23-05-2018, 08:57 AM
Brendan Rodgers has won 6 trophies in the last two years. :coffee:

:lol: So would I have had I been Celtic manager :p

Power n Glory
23-05-2018, 09:08 AM
:lol: So would I have had I been Celtic manager :p

Exactly. The trophy count post is pointless if the bulk comes from a one team league.

Letters
23-05-2018, 09:10 AM
Exactly. The trophy count post is pointless if the bulk comes from a one team league.

And are Arsenal in a one team league...?

Power n Glory
23-05-2018, 09:18 AM
And are Arsenal in a one team league...?

Nope. What's your point?

Letters
23-05-2018, 09:25 AM
Nope. What's your point?

Wenger :bow:

##

https://orig00.deviantart.net/6f85/f/2008/201/b/b/why_so_serious__by_tyrite.jpg

Marc Overmars
23-05-2018, 09:28 AM
Unai :bow:

What a man.

Power n Glory
23-05-2018, 09:32 AM
Nope. What's your point?

I knew that was the set up! ;)

Should have kept Wenger on.

Cripps
23-05-2018, 09:32 AM
Unai Emery had a 73.7% win ratio & a 2.37 points-per-game ratio in Ligue 1 as PSG manager, the best ever in the club’s history. [@OptaJoe] #afc https://t.co/6nxHUXwfgn

PnG :haha:

Letters
23-05-2018, 09:37 AM
I knew that was the set up! ;)

Should have kept Wenger on.

Agreed. But in the meantime Emery will do.
More seriously: Quite excited about this appointment, the more I hear about him the more I think this is the right appointment.

Power n Glory
23-05-2018, 09:41 AM
Unai Emery had a 73.7% win ratio & a 2.37 points-per-game ratio in Ligue 1 as PSG manager, the best ever in the club’s history. [@OptaJoe] #afc https://t.co/6nxHUXwfgn

God knows why you're impressed with his PSG stats. It's stuff in La Liga that applies more to us. I'm more impressed with what I've heard about his attention to detail.

Letters
23-05-2018, 09:48 AM
I'm more impressed with what I've heard about his attention to detail.
It sounds like he actually prepares for games differently depending on the opposition.
Crazy idea, but it might just work! :lol:

Cripps
23-05-2018, 10:02 AM

God knows why you're impressed with his PSG stats. It's stuff in La Liga that applies more to us. I'm more impressed with what I've heard about his attention to detail.

In a league like that you're looking for something spectacular and record breaking. He had the highest points per game ratio in PSG's history.

Power n Glory
23-05-2018, 10:08 AM
In a league like that you're looking for something spectacular and record breaking. He had the highest points per game ratio in PSG's history.

:doh: After poaching their closet rivals players! Try harder. Do some research on Valencia and Sevilla. I'd value that more. :good:

Niall_Quinn
23-05-2018, 10:08 AM

Cripps has become a Ty style fanboy overnight :haha:

He'll be hammering on Emery's car window next.

Still, at least we can all support the manager, albeit with varying degrees of dignity intact.

I am invisible
23-05-2018, 10:09 AM
I think the thing that I'm most impressed by is that he (apparently) wasn't even on our short-list, and yet he's still managed to force his way into contention and actually get the job! Not just that, but it sounds like he's one of the only candidates that we spoke to who actually turned up to his interview with ideas and a clear, detailed plan to improve our players and take the team forward (and not just a big list of demands and a massive shopping list). That kind of detailed presentation isn't something that you just slap together overnight - it's something that he would have been preparing for a while (long before it was clear that we were even interested in him), and I think that says a lot about how much he genuinely wants the job and to be at the club...

Niall_Quinn
23-05-2018, 10:11 AM
I think the thing that I'm most impressed by is that he (apparently) wasn't even on our short-list, and yet he's still managed to force his way into contention and actually get the job! Not just that, but it sounds like he's one of the only candidates that we spoke to who actually turned up to his interview with ideas and a clear, detailed plan to improve our players and take the team forward, and didn't just present a big list of demands. That kind of detailed presentation isn't something that you just slap together overnight - it sounds like he's been putting that pitch together for for a while, long before it was clear that we were even interested in him, and I think that says a lot about how much he genuinely wants the job and to be at the club...

So his decision to leave PSG might have just been Step 1 in his overall plan?

Cripps
23-05-2018, 10:12 AM
Yeah, imagine being excited about finally having a new manager and actually supporting him instead of bringing up the negatives and slyly wanting him to fail :lol:

Niall_Quinn
23-05-2018, 10:13 AM
Yeah, imagine being excited about finally having a new manager and actually supporting him instead of bringing up the negatives and slyly wanting him to fail :lol:

Everyone's supporting him. Nobody wants him to fail. But we aren't sexually aroused by him.

Power n Glory
23-05-2018, 10:14 AM
Agreed. But in the meantime Emery will do.
More seriously: Quite excited about this appointment, the more I hear about him the more I think this is the right appointment.

Same here. Can't wait for the season to start.

Cripps
Everyone's supporting him. Nobody wants him to fail. But we aren't sexually aroused by him.

:unsure:

HCZ is back :bow:

Marc Overmars
Emery cocksuckers! :fury:

Letters
23-05-2018, 10:15 AM
But we aren't sexually aroused by him.
Speak for yourself :sulk:

Cripps
23-05-2018, 10:16 AM
Think NQ is still butt hurt about soft Brexit and Tommy Robinson getting banned on twitter :lol:

Niall_Quinn
23-05-2018, 10:17 AM
Same here. Can't wait for the season to start.

Actually I can. A nice break from the PL hype, clear the Wenger cobwebs out, watch a bit of the World Cup, try to avoid the more stupid antics of the media during the transfer window. And go into the new season with all that Wenger baggage left behind. No need to rush it.

Power n Glory
23-05-2018, 10:18 AM
Cripps has become a Ty style fanboy overnight :haha:

He'll be hammering on Emery's car window next.

Still, at least we can all support the manager, albeit with varying degrees of dignity intact.

:lol: Now that Wenger's gone, we'll see different opinions with so much more to discuss.

Marc Overmars
23-05-2018, 10:20 AM
The club named him head coach rather than manager. Telling.

Also Emery mentioned Josh Kroenke in his statement too, seems like he’s the one calling the shots now.

Josh. :bow:

New era :bow:

Niall_Quinn
23-05-2018, 10:21 AM
Think NQ is still butt hurt about soft Brexit and Tommy Robinson getting banned on twitter :lol:

As long as our new manager doesn't end up butt hurt if one of your autograph stalkings gets out of hand.

LEAVE HIM ALONE!

Niall_Quinn
23-05-2018, 10:22 AM
The club named him head coach rather than manager. Telling.

Also Emery mentioned Josh Kroenke in his statement too, seems like he’s the one calling the shots now.

Josh. :bow:

New era :bow:

This is the best news of all. AFC joining the 21st century. What strange wonders are in store?

Letters
23-05-2018, 10:22 AM
:lol: Now that Wenger's gone, we'll see different opinions with so much more to discuss.

Most importantly, he might just have saved GW!

Niall_Quinn
23-05-2018, 10:24 AM

Mission impossible - as good as a trophy.

Goonermerree
23-05-2018, 10:30 AM
Emrey out!!!!

Too soon?

Cripps
As long as our new manager doesn't end up butt hurt if one of your autograph stalkings gets out of hand.

LEAVE HIM ALONE!

:unsure:

AFC Leveller
Exciting appointment, really liked him as a coach and his sides play really good attacking football.

Cripps

I did that.

Me :bow:

Niall_Quinn
23-05-2018, 10:32 AM
Emrey out!!!!

Too soon?

Much.

At least wait for the first series of sideways and backwards passing. If we see that then all options are on the table.

Letters
23-05-2018, 10:33 AM
Can I judge him at the end of the season? :unsure:

Niall_Quinn
23-05-2018, 10:34 AM
Can I judge him at the end of the season? :unsure:

Just this once.

Letters
23-05-2018, 10:34 AM
:patrice:

Goonermerree
23-05-2018, 10:36 AM
Much.

At least wait for the first series of sideways and backwards passing. If we see that then all options are on the table.

Yep, just joking, I'm looking forward to the change. He'd better get it right-ish or else!!!!