PDA

View Full Version : Premier League Fixtures 2018/19 9am BST

McNamara That Ghost...
14-06-2018, 05:48 AM
Man City away to dampen our enthusiasm first game up probably.

Marc Overmars
14-06-2018, 08:01 AM
Close...

Man City at home. :haha:

That’s followed by Chelsea away. :haha:

Unai. :rose:

Letters
14-06-2018, 08:08 AM
Emery OUT! :angry:

Goonermerree
14-06-2018, 08:12 AM
At least that's two tricky games out of the way for the title run-in.:cheer:

Özim
14-06-2018, 08:25 AM
Not as lucky as Wenger this guy clearly. Unfortunate for him, could be a bad start for us, these are tough fixtures so early on.

Static
14-06-2018, 08:45 AM
He'll get plenty of leeway anyway, especially considering the difficulty of the initial fixtures.

Letters
14-06-2018, 08:51 AM
Not as lucky as Wenger this guy clearly.
Yeah, lucky old Wenger. When he was in charge we didn't have to play City or Chelsea at all in the league ;)

EDIT: And last time he won the FA Cup we didn't have to play City or Chelsea at all (apart from in the semi-final and final).
Lucky bastard :sulk:

Cripps
14-06-2018, 09:01 AM
Corrupt FA doing a Moyes & Utd post Fergie to screw us over :lol:

You can't tell me a random generator picked spurs (h) and utd (a) in November back to back then in March reverses the exact fixture :lol:

Özim
14-06-2018, 09:03 AM
Yeah, lucky old Wenger. When he was in charge we didn't have to play City or Chelsea at all in the league ;)

EDIT: And last time he won the FA Cup we didn't have to play City or Chelsea at all (apart from in the semi-final and final).

What's that got to do with the start of the season? Emery has got a tough start considering he's taken over the awful mess Wenger left behind and it will be his first game with new players etc.

It's tough enough without having to play the Champions first game and Chelsea soon after, I'm sure he'd prefer to have a bit of time to get things right before playing them.

Marc Overmars
14-06-2018, 09:07 AM
Corrupt FA doing a Moyes & Utd post Fergie to screw us over :lol:

You can't tell me a random generator picked spurs (h) and utd (a) in November back to back then in March reverses the exact fixture :lol:

I don’t think it’s entirely random, they have some kind of system in place. I believe we always tend to play Spurs and United within a game or 2 of each other.

That’s a pretty fucked up opening 2 games though. Can’t ever remember that happening before. :lol:

Letters
14-06-2018, 09:13 AM
What's that got to do with the start of the season?

Nothing, but I don't regard it as lucky or unlucky to have an easy or hard start, you have to play everyone twice anyway.
Personally I'd rather have an easy run-in for our glorious title charge. I haven't looked at that yet.

Unai Tea
14-06-2018, 09:13 AM
To be fair, I think it's better to play Man City early before they've established their stride. Also, they'll have a lot more players coming from playing significant roles in the WC than us.

Also, Chelsea. Better to play them early as well. Who will be their manager? They seem a little bit discontented at the moment and if it's Conte, half the team will be pissed off about it, and if it's a new manager, he'll not have had much time to settle in.

Sure it would be nice to get a couple easy games early, but I don't see this as being the end of the world.

Letters
14-06-2018, 09:15 AM
Start of March we have:
2: Tottenham Hotspur (a)
9: Manchester United (h)

After that it's all very winnable. Lucky old Emery.
Title's ours tbh :bow:

:scarf:

selassie
14-06-2018, 09:16 AM
Close...

:lol:

Arsenal nil point

Özim
14-06-2018, 09:16 AM
Nothing, but I don't regard it as lucky or unlucky to have an easy or hard start, you have to play everyone twice anyway.
Personally I'd rather have an easy run-in for our glorious title charge. I haven't looked at that yet.

Having Man City and Chelsea in your first two fixtures after taking over from a guy who had been at a club for 2 years and made a right hash of it in the last few years would generally be seen as unlucky to most people I think. Sure you have to play them at some time in the season, but to have to play them in your first two games when you have a completely new group of players you haven't seen play in a competitive match is pretty unfortunate.

As mentioned we have Spurs and Man U in March so it's not that easy either.

Cripps
14-06-2018, 09:18 AM
The FA as an institution hate us so it's no surprise they've given us the 2 hardest games to begin with so that we lose and fan unrest & the pressure on Emery increases.

Özim
14-06-2018, 09:18 AM
To be fair, I think it's better to play Man City early before they've established their stride. Also, they'll have a lot more players coming from playing significant roles in the WC than us.

Also, Chelsea. Better to play them early as well. Who will be their manager? They seem a little bit discontented at the moment and if it's Conte, half the team will be pissed off about it, and if it's a new manager, he'll not have had much time to settle in.

Sure it would be nice to get a couple easy games early, but I don't see this as being the end of the world.

That might be true but we have a manager who has a totally new group he would have never seen play in a competitive match, a guy who ha had to take over from someone who had the job for 22 years, pretty unprecendented, in that situation you want a few games to get in your stride and get to know about your players, the defence and keeper might well be new as well so they need to build an understanding.

I personally would have wanted some easier games to start off, maybe to get off to a few wins, we could quite easily lose these two games which wouldn't be great for a new manager.

Unai Tea
14-06-2018, 09:30 AM
That might be true but we have a manager who has a totally new group he would have never seen play in a competitive match, a guy who ha had to take over from someone who had the job for 22 years, pretty unprecendented, in that situation you want a few games to get in your stride and get to know about your players, the defence and keeper might well be new as well so they need to build an understanding.

I personally would have wanted some easier games to start off, maybe to get off to a few wins, we could quite easily lose these two games which wouldn't be great for a new manager.

I understand that and agree a couple easy games to ease in would have been better but I think there's a silver lining, small though it may be, that we may have a better chance against both these teams early, rather than after a month or two.

Letters
14-06-2018, 09:33 AM
As mentioned we have Spurs and Man U in March so it's not that easy either.

Our last 8 games after that are all easy. Lucky old Emery. Wenger never got that luck :sulk:

Özim
14-06-2018, 09:37 AM
Our last 8 games after that are all easy. Lucky old Emery. Wenger never got that luck :sulk:

Wenger was the luckiest manager in football, circumstances always falling in his favour for top 4, easy job getting paid a fortune for 22 years where he didn't have to deliver anything, luck seems to have run out now as all those opportunities he's said to have lined up don't seem to be panning out :lol:

Letters
14-06-2018, 09:37 AM
I understand that and agree a couple easy games to ease in would have been better but I think there's a silver lining, small though it may be, that we may have a better chance against both these teams early, rather than after a month or two.

I'd rather get these games out of the way early. Let's say we lose both. We'll be 6 points off the top with 36 games to go. Nothing to be too concerned about.
And if we do win them then that's very encouraging too. In some ways if you won a couple of early easy games and then had these two and lost them that would probably be worse.
Bring 'em on...

Letters
14-06-2018, 09:38 AM
Wenger was the luckiest manager in football, circumstances always falling in his favour for top 4, easy job getting paid a fortune for 22 years where he didn't have to deliver anything, luck seems to have run out now as all those opportunities he's said to have lined up don't seem to be panning out :lol:

:lol: You're so easy to wind up :console:
Cheer up, he's gone :hug:

Cripps
14-06-2018, 09:42 AM

:gp:

Özim
14-06-2018, 09:45 AM
:lol: You're so easy to wind up :console:
Cheer up, he's gone :hug:

I'm pretty happy, new manager, new players coming in, new everything very pleased personally.

Letters
14-06-2018, 09:47 AM
I'm pretty happy, new manager, new players coming in, new everything very pleased personally.
I think everyone is. You're the only one looking back with anger.
Have you learned nothing from Oasis? :sulk:

dostoy
14-06-2018, 10:43 AM
Its where you finish not where you are after 2 or 3 or even 10 games.

It is best to get ALL the games against the big 5 over as soon as possible.

The last 8 games are not too bad, maybe Arsenal can sneak 4th place but that would require massive improvement which with the OLD OLD manager Arsenal used to have was impossible, now it might be within reach.

Cripps
14-06-2018, 10:51 AM
I don't think there's many positives in playing the team that got 100 points and going to the away stadium that haunts us in our first 2 games. A bad start can set a precedent and mood within camp, especially if we lose both.

Letters
14-06-2018, 12:08 PM
Agree it's not ideal, but I don't agree it's a disaster if we do end up losing both. Couple of wins after that and mood will pick up and we'll be up and running.
I'll judge him at the end of the season :sulk:

fakeyank
14-06-2018, 01:11 PM
Imagine the confidence the team will have if we can nick a win and get a draw in our first 2 games. With Wenger, you were almost certain that we'd have 0 points with a -7 goal difference.

Letters
14-06-2018, 01:18 PM
How dare you! We won 0-0 away at Chelsea just last year :sulk:

selassie
14-06-2018, 01:28 PM
Not as lucky as Wenger this guy clearly. Unfortunate for him, could be a bad start for us, these are tough fixtures so early on.

We should thank our lucky stars Wenger isn't still here managing the team!

If he was, he would be in Russia right now commenting on the World Cup and refusing to address the issues in our team which Emery and Co. at least appear to be doing.

To rub salt into the wounds, Wenger would come back from the World Cup and defiantly state this is the "Best Squad of Players he has ever worked with and that we don't need any new additions"

Life feels good right now being a Gooner! :)

Cripps
14-06-2018, 01:31 PM
:lol:

fakeyank
14-06-2018, 04:19 PM

If he was, he would be in Russia right now commenting on the World Cup and refusing to address the issues in our team which Emery and Co. at least appear to be doing.

To rub salt into the wounds, Wenger would come back from the World Cup and defiantly state this is the "Best Squad of Players he has ever worked with and that we don't need any new additions"

Özim
14-06-2018, 04:26 PM

:gp: Spot on! :lol:

I am invisible
14-06-2018, 05:02 PM

This.

Also, I'm kind of seeing this as a training season for us anyway, so I'm not really fussed who we play, and in what order. This season is all about establishing new standards, bedding in new ideas and refining who we are under Emery - I'd like to see us show a lot more urgency and intensity right from the first game, but I expect it will all be very rough and ready for a good while...

Goonermerree
14-06-2018, 05:04 PM
This.

Also, I'm kind of seeing this as a training season for us anyway, so I'm not really fussed who we play, and in what order. This season is all about establishing new standards, bedding in new ideas and refining who we are under Emery - I'd like to see us show a lot more urgency and intensity right from the first game, but I expect it will all be very rough and ready for a good while...

You talk sense you do!

Niall_Quinn
14-06-2018, 11:57 PM

Look at this cock getting triggered again.

It's pathetic. Isn't it?

The Emirates Gallactico
15-06-2018, 12:21 AM
I actually think it's a good thing to get two tough games away early on.

New manager bounce should kick in as everyone will be raring to put in a performance for Emery. Plus as said above Citeh have more WC players and Chelsea may not even have a manager in place the way things are going!

Xhaka Can’t
15-06-2018, 06:46 AM

It's pathetic. Isn't it?

There is nothing too trivial for us to argue over.

A list of fixtures!

Seriously?

Anyways here is an old but interesting blog on West Ham’s role on how the entire country’s fixtures are determined.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulfletcher/2009/06/secrets_of_the_fixture_compute.html

Letters
15-06-2018, 07:54 AM

It's pathetic. Isn't it?

Oh hello :lol:

Nice to see you've calmed down.

Letters
15-06-2018, 07:54 AM
There is nothing too trivial for us to argue over.

Yes there is :angry:

Fuck you!

GP
15-06-2018, 08:11 AM
It's pathetic. Isn't it?

Definitely.

Mac76
15-06-2018, 08:20 AM
Close...

I think i know who organised the fixtures...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/content/dam/football/2018/04/25/TELEMMGLPICT000161480282_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq56SURFa-j0RBa9h9sFlLKQRIuB9kyVpre118O9P4aDc.jpeg?imwidth=4 50

Mac76
15-06-2018, 08:28 AM
Seriously though under Wenger, we'd probably have got the following from our first few games:

Chelsea - A - Lose
Man C - H - Lose
W Ham - H - Draw if we're lucky (remember that first game in 2015)
Cardiff away - Lose - Cardiff would be our new Mordor

Then it maybe starts to get easier

under Emery though who knows, i'd settle for draws for the first two and then we start winning... :scarf:

Letters
15-06-2018, 08:32 AM
Nah, we'd beat West Ham at home. The other ones, yeah, maybe.

Cripps
15-06-2018, 12:30 PM
Seriously though under Wenger, we'd probably have got the following from our first few games:

Chelsea - A - Lose
Man C - H - Lose
W Ham - H - Draw if we're lucky (remember that first game in 2015)
Cardiff away - Lose - Cardiff would be our new Mordor

Then it maybe starts to get easier

under Emery though who knows, i'd settle for draws for the first two and then we start winning... :scarf:

Bumble
15-06-2018, 12:38 PM
The FA as an institution hate us so it's no surprise they've given us the 2 hardest games to begin with so that we lose and fan unrest & the pressure on Emery increases.

isn't it the premier league who decide the fixtures not the FA?

Cripps
15-06-2018, 12:43 PM
They're all colluding.

Bumble
15-06-2018, 12:43 PM
it might be a good thing to have City and Chelsea up first - I am pretty sure its a game City didn't want away at Arsenal with a new manager. Chelsea are still a bit of a shambles as who knows if Abramovich will be around and who the manager will be. Hazard might be wanting a move after the World Cup so I actually fancy our chances. If City turn up then it doesn't really matter as they have a better team and better squad but first game of the season a draw wouldn't be a bad result for both sides.