PDA

View Full Version : Match Reaction vs Brentford (home, Carabao Cup)

McNamara That Ghost...
26-09-2018, 08:43 PM
Seems like the same bonkers defensive lapses are there but our strikers are seeing us through, which I suppose is their job.

Well done to Welbz.

The second goal was a great move.

Master Splinter
26-09-2018, 09:02 PM
Brentford were just shooting from anywhere before Guendouzi gifted them a silly free-kick.

The team seemed better balanced and calmer today apart Mustafi giving it away once in the first half.

Chippy
26-09-2018, 09:27 PM
Seems like the same bonkers defensive lapses are there but our strikers are seeing us through, which I suppose is their job.

Well done to Welbz.

The second goal was a great move.
Wenger out!!

SMatthews
26-09-2018, 09:50 PM
Second goal was the picture book Emery goal - played out from the keeper on the break and a great flowing move.

Leno was a bit leaden footed for their goal though.

Six in a row, great stuff.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
26-09-2018, 10:30 PM
Another win and good to see the ground fuller than the Vorska game....though I think Vorska were better than this lot!

Shame Iwobi didn't score but a good result all the same.

Mac76
27-09-2018, 10:18 AM
just watched the highlights on the offish website

ilok sto me like Welbeck only just managew to get that second goal tap-in right, but looked ilke a good move (though they don't show all of it i think)

great finish from Laca at the end

apart from Guendouzi giving a FK away, did the defence look any better?

Letters
27-09-2018, 10:20 AM
ilok sto me like Welbeck only just managew to get that second goal tap-in right, but looked ilke a good move (though they don't show all of it i think)
Have you had a stroke? :blink:

Letters
27-09-2018, 10:25 AM
A combination of AR's plane getting arriving an hour later than she initially realised and the ridiculous bag search queue meant we missed the first 25 minutes and thus the first goal <_<
Overall it felt like an OK performance. The Brentford goal was a good one and while there were a few scares afterwards it always felt like we were in control, actually thought we defended OK.
Smith-Rowe didn't impress me as much as he did in the Europa League.
Nice to be back at the Emirates, it's been a while.

Özim
27-09-2018, 12:27 PM
A wins a win, another goal for Laca which is nice, good to have two decent strikers at last after so many years without.

Özim
27-09-2018, 12:32 PM
just watched the highlights on the offish website

No surprises, he's not exactly a great finisher, he gets the odd goal here and there but really has never got to grips with finishing which is why he'll never be anything special up front.

SMatthews
27-09-2018, 02:20 PM
Welbeck is a great squad player (when fit, ahem).