PDA

View Full Version : Match Reaction v Wolves (home).

McNamara That Ghost...
11-11-2018, 06:36 PM
Two weeks to stew on that shit.

Another game without a win.

Master Splinter
11-11-2018, 06:41 PM
We were rubbish all match and Wolves should have scored a couple in the second half, but the officiating was so bad again.

In the first half Iwobi was flagged offside in a great position when there were about five players ahead of him.

There was a clear corner denied again, which is now becoming a tradition.

And on the breakaway at the end, Ramsey was fouled in a good position.

People will obviously focus on the missed chances by Wolves as being 'luck' in our favour, but a succession of smaller decisions in their favour surely evens that out in the nebulous influence stakes.

Leno and Holding the only consistent performers today.

SMatthews
11-11-2018, 06:44 PM
Unbeaten run keeps going.

A point when we didn’t deserve a thing.

Leno was great.

Buffer of 4 points between us and 6th.

I can’t make it to five positives.

Letters
11-11-2018, 06:50 PM
Leno the only positive, made some very good saves.
Terrible performance otherwise, never looked like scoring apart from that Auba chance which I still can’t believe he missed.
Wolves had their chances to win it, fortunate to get a point.

Must do better

Chippy
11-11-2018, 06:53 PM
Two weeks to stew on that shit.

Another game without a win.

Is the honeymoon period over?

This was like watching Wenger's Arsenal. We really "have got our Arsenal back".

Marc Overmars
11-11-2018, 06:59 PM
Fluking a draw at home to Wolves FFS. Absolutely shit.

The wheels haven’t quite come off yet but any momentum we had has ground to a halt.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-11-2018, 07:03 PM
Why does Xhaka still make those stupid passes in to the middle of our half?

Why has Mesut booked the season off again now?

Why am I asking?

SMatthews
11-11-2018, 07:03 PM

Pretty naive to think the club would be transformed so quickly. Emery has exceeded expectations to date.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-11-2018, 07:19 PM
"They worked very well, they were very organised. We worked and took risks in the match too. We have chances and they had chances also.

"This team, when they scored the first goal, you need to bring things tactically because they were very organised. You need to take a risk.

"They had chances in the last minute because our mentality was still to win.

"For me the match is difficult and we needed to take chances and play tactically. Above all we needed to score.

"I am happy with every player because they worked and with a good attitude.

"We need to continue and to work better. We want to win but then you draw. We want to continue our way and carry on.

I'd have liked to have come out and said: I've asked the players if they were sleeping during my video showcase?

21_GOONER_SALUTE
11-11-2018, 07:29 PM

We stole a point seeing as I can't honestly say we were the better side.

Week after week all the positives have been dissappering.

The pressing game is gone.

Effective counter attacking is dead, due to poor wing play (abscence of Monreal) and Ozil "Cescing" our attack up.

Our Direct players, Iwobi and Mhki have lost form and Ramsey hardly gets a sniff.

And our strikers are just not leading from the front.

The break couldn't have come at a better time and Emery has a lot of work to do to avoid these draws turning to outright losses.

BTW a great MOTM display by Leno.

Özim
11-11-2018, 07:47 PM
A disappointing result today and a 4th consecutive draw now, I think Emery has been doing a good job but the reality of the shortcomings of the squad left behind by Wenger are becoming a reality, the winning streak very much masked that.

In truth we need to get rid of a number of players, Xhaka being front of the queue (I hope Emery wises up to how useless this guy is), a lot of work to be done and as mentioned before this season is a freebie for Emery, in with a chance of 4th but personally think we'll miss out based on what we currently have unless we sign some quality in January.

Leno at least taking his chance and showing why he should be ahead of Cech

Mac76
11-11-2018, 08:36 PM

Looks like it - even in the final minutes of the game we showed no urgency, just passed the ball back and forth like we had all day

Mac76
11-11-2018, 08:48 PM
From the BBC match report:

"Arsenal midfielder Xhaka has made five errors leading to goals since his Premier League debut in August 2016. No other outfield player in the competition has made more in that time."

Globalgunner
11-11-2018, 09:27 PM

"Arsenal midfielder Xhaka has made five errors leading to goals since his Premier League debut in August 2016. No other outfield player in the competition has made more in that time."

The guy is a liability. Never learns either

Xhaka Can’t
11-11-2018, 10:31 PM
That point we got today?

That’s all down to Leno. He put in a performance that deserved all three while the rest deserved nothing from this game.

Easily the worst performance of the season.

Chippy
11-11-2018, 11:15 PM

hasn't he recently signed a new contract? 🤣

Globalgunner
12-11-2018, 02:15 AM
Wolves basically tore us apart today. We continue to play a high line with slow centre backs. Mustafi and Holding are a combination of clumsy and slow. Sokratis has to play literliterally every game but that of course is impossible. The whole backline needs new recruitment. Then there is Xhaka.

Özim
12-11-2018, 10:19 AM
The reality is the defence needs a revamp, you can't compete and build a solid defensive unit with sub standard players, I think Mustafi has to go, not overly convinced with Holding either, he's OK at time but just not sure he's good enough overall. We'll need a new full back or two as well I reckon to replace the ageing Monreal.

Then in midfield we desperately need to ditch Xhaka, the guy is awful, sadly he seems to play every game despite his lack of talent, then there's Ramsey leaving of course and we should focus on bringing in a winger and someone who can get some goals from midfield, up front we're OK other than some decent cover for Auba and Laca.

Outside that maybe we need some decent subs, our squad isn't very strong when you look at it, so an impact player or two would be good. Wenger left this club in a state and put together a prety average squad in his last days, we need to clear out the cobwebs and rebuild gradually.

Emery has done well considering all the rubbish he was left with, his signings have been generally good, Torreira has been great overall and Guendouzi has potential and has done OK as well, Leno looks a decent keeper and Sokratis is also pretty decent, Lichsteiner is the only dodgy one, but 4 out out of 5 isn't bad.

Xhaka Can’t
12-11-2018, 01:00 PM
hasn't he recently signed a new contract? 🤣

Someone should check the terms out to see if he accidentally signed for Spurs.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
12-11-2018, 01:09 PM
Kolasinac's performance was a pile of crap. If he needs to have his hand held defensive there's no point in starting with him and Auba wide left.

Globalgunner was bleating on about loving AMN, for God only knows what reason....because despite his having a bad game there earlier this season he is far more capable than Kola. If he isn't going to play central midfield why on earth don't we use him elsewhere with the serious deficiencies in the squad.

Xhaka is annoying as I have been really behind him recently then he goes and does that. Your mainstay central midfielder and your centre defender being so error prone is a fundamental problem that just isn't going to magically go away....and yet look at the faith shown in both.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
12-11-2018, 01:12 PM
Emery has done well considering all the rubbish he was left with, his signings have been generally good, Torreira has been great overall and Guendouzi has potential and has done OK as well, Leno looks a decent keeper and Sokratis is also pretty decent, Lichsteiner is the only dodgy one, but 4 out out of 5 isn't bad.

Strictly speaking only Guendouzi is his signing.

Özim
12-11-2018, 02:14 PM
Strictly speaking only Guendouzi is his signing.

I would assume that he had a say in who was and wasn't signed even if he didn't pick them himself, it would be a nonsense to have someone else pick the players the manager uses to build his team with, he shouldn't be involved in negotiations but he should have final say on who is and isn't signed tbh.

Özim
12-11-2018, 02:17 PM
Kolasinac's performance was a pile of crap. If he needs to have his hand held defensive there's no point in starting with him and Auba wide left.

Globalgunner was bleating on about loving AMN, for God only knows what reason....because despite his having a bad game there earlier this season he is far more capable than Kola. If he isn't going to play central midfield why on earth don't we use him elsewhere with the serious deficiencies in the squad.

Xhaka is annoying as I have been really behind him recently then he goes and does that. Your mainstay central midfielder and your centre defender being so error prone is a fundamental problem that just isn't going to magically go away....and yet look at the faith shown in both.

Kolasinac isn't particularly good to be honest, we signed him on a free so we haven't lost much, but as with most Wenger defenders in recent times, they aren't up to match.

AMN for me should be getting a few games, he's got a lot of potential and it's a no brainer choosing him over the error prone, talentless Xhaka.

fakeyank
12-11-2018, 03:15 PM
Xhaka is absolute garbage. I know he scored two good goals so far this season and it makes it seem like he is on the way up, but I have not seen anything that says he is average at best. I would rather play ESR in his place when we are at home against midtable teams.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
12-11-2018, 07:45 PM
I would assume that he had a say in who was and wasn't signed even if he didn't pick them himself, it would be a nonsense to have someone else pick the players the manager uses to build his team with, he shouldn't be involved in negotiations but he should have final say on who is and isn't signed tbh.

You've accurately described a process that still doesn't equate to the others being 'his signings'. The coming windows will be far more telling in regards to his squad building skills.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
12-11-2018, 07:47 PM
Xhaka is absolute garbage. I know he scored two good goals so far this season and it makes it seem like he is on the way up, but I have not seen anything that says he is average at best. I would rather play ESR in his place when we are at home against midtable teams.

What did you think of Xhaka vs Liverpool?

fakeyank
12-11-2018, 07:54 PM
What did you think of Xhaka vs Liverpool?

Stable. Did his job right. 7/10.

GP
12-11-2018, 09:31 PM
One two three

LDG
12-11-2018, 09:44 PM
:lol: