PDA

View Full Version : Match Reaction v Bournemouth (away).

McNamara That Ghost...
25-11-2018, 03:40 PM
Mostly crap really but to be honest, anything to stop the run of draws would do.

Needs to be better from now on though, leading up to Christmas.

Master Splinter
25-11-2018, 03:51 PM
Bournemouth had a few minutes at the beginning than five minutes toward the end where they threatened, but we were clearly the better team today.

Mkhitaryan was the biggest culprit, but it was the slack final ball and sloppy technique from everyone in the final third which prevented that from being a comfortable win.

Holding superb again today in all aspects of his game.

Auba's usually in the right place for the simple goals because his movement is fantastic, but he should be getting more. His shooting is so erratic.

Mac76
25-11-2018, 04:02 PM
i didn't see the game but it sounds like that was no bad thing

we needed to show some improvement aheead of next Sunday but it sounds like there wasn't any - i reckon that could be a pretty grim match...

GP
25-11-2018, 04:03 PM
Good win.

21_GOONER_SALUTE
25-11-2018, 04:04 PM
A terrible game, on our part anyway, and almost zero positives.

The thing that sticks out for me was that even with 7 defensively minded players and a keeper that is MOTM for our team, we still conceeded 2 good goals in the first 45 and they probably should have had more in the 2nd half.

Mustafi has driven me so crazy, that I honestly look back with fondness on the days we had men with "character" like Stepanovs, Silvestre and Senderos. Yes he's done that to me.

Xhaka again did his usual crap to make sure we lost points.

Mhki has gone all autistic and seems to only communicate and play with Auba.

TBH, we were shit and I hated almost every minute of this game.

Emery seems to be letting everyone down more and more every week and we've got a lot of work to do if we want to get anything against the spuds at the weekend.

21_GOONER_SALUTE
25-11-2018, 04:11 PM
Bournemouth had a few minutes at the beginning than five minutes toward the end where they threatened, but we were clearly the better team today.

Mkhitaryan was the biggest culprit, but it was the slack final ball and sloppy technique from everyone in the final third which prevented that from being a comfortable win.

Holding superb again today in all aspects of his game.

Auba's usually in the right place for the simple goals because his movement is fantastic, but he should be getting more. His shooting is so erratic.

Were we the better team? Definitely not in the 1st half where we were totally outplayed and Bournemouth scored all the 3 goals.

The 2nd half we might have slightly shaded it, but i felt Bournemouth chose to sitback, conserve energy and counter which worked against them because of poor finishing.

It was a crappy game and i hope thats the worst game I see from us this season.

Marc Overmars
25-11-2018, 04:22 PM
Missed the game but it sounds like a typical performance this season.

Not particularly encouraging ahead of Spurs and United but let’s hope we can raise our game for them.

SMatthews
25-11-2018, 04:36 PM
A terrible game, on our part anyway, and almost zero positives.

The thing that sticks out for me was that even with 7 defensively minded players and a keeper that is MOTM for our team, we still conceeded 2 good goals in the first 45 and they probably should have had more in the 2nd half.

Mustafi has driven me so crazy, that I honestly look back with fondness on the days we had men with "character" like Stepanovs, Silvestre and Senderos. Yes he's done that to me.

Xhaka again did his usual crap to make sure we lost points.

Mhki has gone all autistic and seems to only communicate and play with Auba.

TBH, we were shit and I hated almost every minute of this game.

Emery seems to be letting everyone down more and more every week and we've got a lot of work to do if we want to get anything against the spuds at the weekend.

Did you write this before the match?

Letters
25-11-2018, 05:06 PM
Missed the game but it sounds like a typical performance this season.

Not particularly encouraging ahead of Spurs and United but let’s hope we can raise our game for them.

The Liverpool game showed we can raise our level, but the level we are seeing right now isn’t great.
Rather stumbled over the line today but after a series of draws I’ll take it.

Master Splinter
25-11-2018, 05:48 PM
Were we the better team?

Yes.

Bournemouth started well in the first ten minutes, but after that they didn't do anything until the 46th minute.

And before the suggestion of an Arsenal-tinted viewpoint arises, I think most of us here are sensible and level-headed enough to relay the events of the match accurately. We don't win internet points for posting positive Arsenal spin on a decrepit forum, so I'm not sure what the point would be.

Going the other way and seeing everything in the worst possible light certainly isn't particularly useful though.

SMatthews
25-11-2018, 05:59 PM
The Liverpool game showed we can raise our level, but the level we are seeing right now isn’t great.
Rather stumbled over the line today but after a series of draws I’ll take it.

I’d take being undefeated since August and being ahead of our development schedule too.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
25-11-2018, 08:36 PM
The linesman.....was dodgy but we were the better side in both halves.

Mac76
26-11-2018, 09:41 AM
MOTD seemed to think we'd done ok.

But even from the highlights it's easy to see the mistakes from Xhaka and Mustafi - i reckon between them they're responsible for about half the goals we concede

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
26-11-2018, 01:37 PM
I wanted to shoot the pair of them yes. I have a bit more time for both this season but and maybe more so Xhaka....but really can't wait till we just have resoundingly better consistent options.

Gooner23
26-11-2018, 02:05 PM
Mustafi isn't the worst CB we've had in terms of ability, but he must be up there as the thickest. Time and time again he makes terrible decisions, like the rash foul in injury time yesterday. Xhaka quite similar really, although it's his poor speed of thought and movement that lands him in trouble.

Hopefully Emery doesn't see these guys as the future. Along with the likes of Mhiki and Kolasinac we should be looking to move on and upgrade over the next 12-18 months.

Mac76
26-11-2018, 03:34 PM
Hopefully Emery doesn't see these guys as the future.

that's what worries me, maybe he does, they always seem to be first on the teamsheet

i wonder what the other players think, especially Holding and Socrates?

Gooner23
26-11-2018, 05:53 PM
I think this season was always going to be transitional. If they're still in the starting XI next August I'll be worried.

GP
26-11-2018, 06:11 PM
I think this season was always going to be transitional. If they're still in the starting XI next August I'll be worried.

Koscielny starts for the reserves tonight.

WMUG
26-11-2018, 07:13 PM
Koscielny starts for the reserves tonight.

:patrice:

Özim
27-11-2018, 09:42 AM
that's what worries me, maybe he does, they always seem to be first on the teamsheet

i wonder what the other players think, especially Holding and Socrates?

Yes must admit that worries me too, if you didn't rate them they wouldn't play almost every game, barely anyone else does. If he doesn't get rid of these two I can't see much hope for us.

Just hope he sees what everyone else can see.

Marc Overmars
27-11-2018, 11:12 AM
I think Mustafi has been playing because we've haven't had much choice.

Xhaka though, I fear Emery genuinely rates him. Either that or he is just pandering to his employers who gave Xhaka a big new contract.

SMatthews
27-11-2018, 11:55 AM
CM options outside of Xhaka aren’t too hot.

AMN has been out. You can’t stick a 19 year old into the engine room in his first season and expect him to play every game to a high standard. Ramsey has one foot out the door and it isn’t his best best position. Elneny is just a squad player.