PDA

View Full Version : Match Reaction vs Glory Glory (home).

McNamara That Ghost...
02-12-2018, 04:04 PM
Oh this is going to be glorious. :cloud9:

Praise for us though, firstly.

Arsenal. :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
02-12-2018, 04:05 PM
Auba interview. :scarf:

Absolute goal machine.

Marc Overmars
02-12-2018, 04:06 PM
Oh my god, what an exceptional performance. Intensity, courage and guile all rolled into one.

Unai Emery's Red and White fucking army. :scarf:

SMatthews
02-12-2018, 04:06 PM
If that was a big test of Emery’s Arsenal, he answered it emphatically.

19 undefeated.

Time to smash those Manc cunts next.

Dial Square Old Boy
02-12-2018, 04:09 PM
Excellent use of subs and tactics by Emery. And I thought we were supposed to help the homeless this month. Not today!

Marc Overmars
02-12-2018, 04:09 PM
Torreira is a fucking gem of a player.

Marc Overmars
02-12-2018, 04:10 PM
Oh and special mention for Ramsey who made a big difference with his high pressing.

New contract? :ninja:

Ernesto
02-12-2018, 04:15 PM
Oh and special mention for Ramsey who made a big difference with his high pressing.

New contract? :ninja:

Sign him up Emery!

Our best, most enjoyable game since, erm. I dunno. Leicester City at home in 2016?

SMatthews
02-12-2018, 04:15 PM
Ozil :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
02-12-2018, 04:16 PM
Ozil :lol:

His back put in a superb team performance.

AFC Leveller
02-12-2018, 04:19 PM
feels so good to not only beat a top 6 team but doing it in a convincing and deserving manner against the filth. Emery is definitely showing his quality now and I love the way he runs up and down the touchline.

huge game next week but this is too enjoyable to think about another game.

UTA!

21_GOONER_SALUTE
02-12-2018, 04:26 PM
I can't remember the last time we saw such a gutsy performance.

To think for a long important spell of the game it was 11 v 12 and we still came out on top.

Today every single player deserves praise for playing like their life depended on it- honestly I can't remember the last time I saw this from an Arsenal team.

Solely for this and no matter what the result, Emery deserves immense praise for turning a team most of us had given up on into our team again.

i'll analyse later but honestly it felt like a squad of gooners played that match; truly I dont think their is any higher praise than that

21_GOONER_SALUTE
02-12-2018, 04:33 PM
Sign him up Emery!

Our best, most enjoyable game since, erm. I dunno. Leicester City at home in 2016?

100% agree with this.

In fact, that was the only thing that made me a bit sad; to think the lad is so committed and we're still sending him away.

A game like this shows you its not always about having the best players with all the skills and quality ; a committed player can equally be as dangerous and useful.

KSE Comedy Club
02-12-2018, 04:34 PM
I was getting worried at 2-1 as I thought it was gonna be a story of old.

But my fuck was I wrong!!!

What a performance! Emery is a fucking genius & the team have really stepped up a gear to turn things around.

Proud of them all today, what a day to be a gooner :scarf:

London is still red!!

Master Splinter
02-12-2018, 05:15 PM
Arsenal :bow:.

Emery :bow:.

Superb management of the game again.

Auba, Torreira, Bellerin and Holding brilliant. Lacazette and Ramsey destroyed them. Guendouzi added some expert WUMming and control too.

Anyone who doesn't see how good Holding is must be watching something else. He's not only our most consistent and coolest defender, he's also one of our best passers. I think people are superficial and are still blinded by names and price-tags after all this time.

Hope we're not spent for the United game. Although Laca, Ramsey and Guendouzi coming in could help.

Letters
02-12-2018, 05:32 PM
Today every single player deserves praise for playing like their life depended on it- honestly I can't remember the last time I saw this from an Arsenal team.
This.

Of all the things Wenger got wrong this is what he got wrongest. He was never a good motivator and without a good captain - and we haven’t really had one since Vieira - we had no one out there getting them going, no one letting the players know what it means to play for The Arsenal. Today it looked like they “got” it and they weren’t just going through the motions.
Lovely.

Maestro
02-12-2018, 07:10 PM
Great performance, great result.

I'd be happy to flog Oizil and Mhiki, keep Ramsey and add to the attacking mid options.

Marc Overmars
02-12-2018, 07:15 PM
I don’t rate Mkhi and apart from the odd game I think he’s been a bang average signing. Just seems so timid and non-threatening. Reckon he might be flogged next summer especially if Emery is given some real money to work with.

SMatthews
02-12-2018, 07:17 PM
I think both Utd and ourselves fucked each other over with that swap deal.

GP
02-12-2018, 07:36 PM
I think both Utd and ourselves fucked each other over with that swap deal.

I think we were stuck in a tough spot and did as well out of it as we could.

Alexis has been utter shit for them, considering he's on 500k a week.

Marc Overmars
02-12-2018, 08:09 PM
Auba replaced Alexis anyway.

United. :haha:

Gooner23
02-12-2018, 08:27 PM
Just how good is Torreira, ridiculous

selassie
02-12-2018, 09:05 PM
Just how good is Torreira, ridiculous

Another season of this and he will be talked about as an Elite CM. This guy is a monster! True world class potential.

AFC Leveller
02-12-2018, 09:06 PM
anyone know what happened to NQ? he must be chuffed to bits.

selassie
02-12-2018, 09:07 PM
We were really good today and the fruits of Emery’s work are beginning to ripen! Performance & Mentality was superb, this team has guts, it has quality and passion. I love what I’m seeing this season so far!

Ralpheroo72
02-12-2018, 09:41 PM
Absolutely Immense, every player, wow!!

Torreira is a beast!!!

Dier :haha:

Kane :haha:

Alli :haha:

Poch :haha:

New Stadium :haha:

Coney
02-12-2018, 09:43 PM
The BBC must be gutted.

BBC :pal:

Waiting for the FA enquiry into why spuds lost to us despite making sure that the ref was Mike Dean.

Coney
02-12-2018, 09:46 PM
I think we were stuck in a tough spot and did as well out of it as we could.

Alexis has been utter shit for them, considering he's on 500k a week.

All that dosh for someone they hardly play. Also, apparently Alexis does not like the style of play of Mourinho and wants to leave - pretty stupid since Alexis like to attack and Mourinho likes to park the bus so he should have thought of that. Serves him right, tbh.

Penguin
02-12-2018, 11:31 PM
I don’t rate Mkhi and apart from the odd game I think he’s been a bang average signing. Just seems so timid and non-threatening. Reckon he might be flogged next summer especially if Emery is given some real money to work with.

He's really pissing me off now, when we were 1-0 up he stopped pressing and started letting people go past him without trying to challenge them. When one person does that it ruins the whole press. He's very Ozil-like in the way that he picks and chooses when he wants to run. I can see why Mourinho didn't like him.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
03-12-2018, 12:10 AM
Arsenal :bow:.

Emery :bow:.

Superb management of the game again.

Auba, Torreira, Bellerin and Holding brilliant. Lacazette and Ramsey destroyed them. Guendouzi added some expert WUMming and control too.

Anyone who doesn't see how good Holding is must be watching something else. He's not only our most consistent and coolest defender, he's also one of our best passers. I think people are superficial and are still blinded by names and price-tags after all this time.

Hope we're not spent for the United game. Although Laca, Ramsey and Guendouzi coming in could help.

I love Holding and hope he is at the club for years to come. I think he quite often given more criticism than he actually deserves.

Not only is Emery prepared to take off players not performing....he is prepared to take players off actually having a good game for what he sees as the greater good. Credit to him....it takes balls and it worked.

fakeyank
03-12-2018, 12:55 AM
This.

Of all the things Wenger got wrong this is what he got wrongest. He was never a good motivator and without a good captain - and we haven’t really had one since Vieira - we had no one out there getting them going, no one letting the players know what it means to play for The Arsenal. Today it looked like they “got” it and they weren’t just going through the motions.
Lovely.

:gp:

I dont know if we will win the title with Emery. I would love to, but if the players play like they give a shit (like it has been this season), the club has my attention and money!

Xhaka Can’t
03-12-2018, 08:38 AM

I dont know if we will win the title with Emery. I would love to, but if the players play like they give a shit (like it has been this season), the club has my attention and money!

This.

I doubt anyone can win the title give how tilted the playing field is with an entire oil economy’s wealth.

However, if I see determination with a willingness to give it our best, I’m in.

Letters
03-12-2018, 08:45 AM
This.

I doubt anyone can win the title give how tilted the playing field is with an entire oil economy’s wealth.

However, if I see determination with a willingness to give it our best, I’m in.

In that case, do you want your membership card back? :lol:

Marc Overmars
03-12-2018, 10:49 AM
New coach breathes some life back into the club, who’d have thought it?

It’s going to be a close call for the top 4 but the main thing for us is that everyone is enjoying themselves again and we’re looking like a competitive team and not just a ramshackle group of players going through the motions.

Standards should never be relaxed again and Emery must keep demanding and squeezing everything out of his team. Keeping the players on their toes is crucial.

selassie
03-12-2018, 10:58 AM

Yep, me too mate.

Gooner23
03-12-2018, 11:17 AM
Just seeing the fight in the players from start to finish is a breath of fresh air. Even the subs going at that wanker Dier after his equaliser was quality to see.

Emery is exceeding expectations for me, very pleasing.

AFC Leveller
03-12-2018, 12:25 PM
I loved Kolasinac's reaction when the cunts got their pel. he was pushing and shoving anyone that came near him and wanted to break Davies' arms at one moment.

Penguin
03-12-2018, 12:51 PM
I'm personally loving the early subs by Emery. It sends the right message - either you do the business or you might not get a chance to in the second half. That's a huge contrast to the Wenger days when everyone knew they were safe until 70 minutes, and even then the wrong players were getting hauled off.

Bumble
03-12-2018, 01:05 PM
Wow.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
03-12-2018, 01:43 PM
I loved Kolasinac's reaction when the cunts got their pel. he was pushing and shoving anyone that came near him and wanted to break Davies' arms at one moment.

I fuhkin loved that. Davies tried to put his hand on him....and Kola pushes his arm away so fast I thought he'd broken it!

Glad we stuck up for ourselves but used our brains and didn't get sent off.

fakeyank
03-12-2018, 03:55 PM

Frankly, I want him to get his membership card back :lol:

Was talking to Mrs. FY about making that trip across the Atlantic early next year! ##

Letters
03-12-2018, 04:02 PM
Don’t even fucking think about it!!

(I mean, it would be lovely to see you.
And MrsFY ##)

LDG
03-12-2018, 04:03 PM
Frankly, I want him to get his membership card back :lol:

Was talking to Mrs. FY about making that trip across the Atlantic early next year! ##

Don't you fucking dare. We're just starting to do alright.

fakeyank
03-12-2018, 04:04 PM
Don’t even fucking think about it!!

(I mean, it would be lovely to see you.
And MrsFY ##)

I think I deserve a chance with Emery in charge :lol:

fakeyank
03-12-2018, 04:04 PM
Don't you fucking dare. We're just starting to do alright.

:(

I havent seen you in ages. Thats the real reason for the trip tbh..

Letters
03-12-2018, 04:06 PM
2019 GW Meetup.
We’re BACK!

:partytime:

LDG
03-12-2018, 04:07 PM
:(

I havent seen you in ages. Thats the real reason for the trip tbh..

:console:

Deffo up for a GW meet at some point this year. We're long overdue a piss up

Letters
03-12-2018, 04:14 PM
Only thing is under the current administration, would they let FY back in?

#MAGA

Mac76
03-12-2018, 04:23 PM

Plus how Bellerin went up to Vertongen after he got the second yellow and said a few choice words, I like to imagine it was 'get the f**k off our pitch scum'...

Marc Overmars
03-12-2018, 04:57 PM
Apparently Torreria won 100% of his tackles, had a pass accuracy of 90% and also won back possession 12 times.

He’s comes from Uruguay, he’s only five foot high.. :bow:

Xhaka Can’t
03-12-2018, 05:06 PM

I had completely forgotten about the card. So too must have my mate.

I am invisible
03-12-2018, 05:37 PM
I shall enjoy Christmas day around my spuff brother-in-law's house this year, eating my winner-turkey - turkey that he's paid for - in front of him and my two spuff nephews. I can just picture the look of awe in the little spufflets' eyes now - it'll be a real treat for them having a proper, male role model in the house. Someone they can look up to.

An Arsenal shirt counts as a Christmas jumper, right? I mean it's got all of the the right colours...

Letters
03-12-2018, 05:49 PM
I had completely forgotten about the card. So too must have my mate.

I’ll take that as a no.
Your password still “Gary1”?
:ninja:

Mac76
03-12-2018, 06:29 PM
I shall enjoy Christmas day around my spuff brother-in-law's house this year, eating my winner-turkey - turkey that he's paid for - in front of him and my two spuff nephews. I can just picture the look of awe in the little spufflets' eyes now - it'll be a real treat for them having a proper, male role model in the house. Someone they can look up to.

An Arsenal shirt counts as a Christmas jumper, right? I mean it's got all of the the right colours...

you definitely have to give them Arsenal shirts as presents, it's not too late to save them from NEVER WINNING ANYTHING...

SMatthews
03-12-2018, 06:43 PM
you definitely have to give them Arsenal shirts as presents, it's not too late to save them from NEVER WINNING ANYTHING...

https://sincespurslastwonatrophy.co.uk/

pathetic

I am invisible
03-12-2018, 06:58 PM
Whoa, whoa, whoa, let’s not get ahead of ourselves - that’s like handing them a black belt after one karate lesson. Maybe start with something educational like an Invincibles DVD?

McNamara That Ghost...
03-12-2018, 08:39 PM
According to the synopsis, Merse and Sherwood are doing the Debate again tonight on Sky, 22:15 GMT. :lol:

Mac76
04-12-2018, 08:52 AM
https://sincespurslastwonatrophy.co.uk/

pathetic

Really they won something as recently as ten years ago, what was that the Diver's Cup?

Mac76
04-12-2018, 10:24 AM
if people don't now get that spuds and their fans are scum they never will:

- banana skin thrown at Auba
- Dire's celebration
- Son's dive
- Vertongen trying to end Laca's career (a straight red offence IMO)
- five yellows (including two on Vertongen)

AFC Leveller
04-12-2018, 12:13 PM
I've always said it, Vertoghen is a filthy scum. he is one of the dirtiest players in the league and has previous. he almost blinded Firminho earlier this season.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
04-12-2018, 01:31 PM
Emery must have broken a record for formations used at the club surely??

Finally saw the formation I've wanted us to play in a 3412 at the start of the second half though. Not sure whether we will see it again though.

Marc Overmars
04-12-2018, 02:12 PM
Well it seems like he's very fluid in how he approaches games, he isn't afraid to make adjustments and also use different players if the situation calls for it.

Massive contrast to Wenger and how stubborn he was with his set up.

WMUG
04-12-2018, 03:08 PM
That's probably part of the reason there's such a huge difference between the 1st and 2nd half.

He sets the team up to not get destroyed in the first half, has a look at how the opposition are setting up then adjusts the tactics to go and win it.

It's a bit risky and probably won't work every time, but it shows a willingness to adapt to the opposition, which was sorely, sorely missing in the latter half of Wenger's reign.

Letters
04-12-2018, 03:12 PM
Well it seems like he's very fluid in how he approaches games, he isn't afraid to make adjustments and also use different players if the situation calls for it.

Massive contrast to Wenger and how stubborn he was with his set up.

This is one of the biggest changes. Emery studies the opposition and sets us up accordingly. Wenger had "a system" and took the attitude that "you're better than them, go and beat them".
That worked back in the day when we DID have better players and his fitness methods meant we were fitter (in an era when clubs still had drinking schools).
More recently it hasn't worked, Emery is just a more modern manager, Wenger was ahead of his time but that time was 20 years ago.

Özim
05-12-2018, 12:23 PM
Great performance and great result, the goals were really great, it really pays to have two top strikers as we're so much more dangerous now, never really understood why you wouldn't have two.

Lots of energy, hunger and quality play, Emery is doing a great job so far, if you're being ultra critical you could say some of the defending was a bit suspect for their goals but all in all a really great performance, Torreira was immense and just highlights what we've been missing for so many year, Lacazette and Aubameyang also really impressive and linked up really well with Ramsey.

10/10 for Emery, he doesn't always pick the right team, but often seems to make the right changes during the match, early enough to have a real impact, he clearly analyses the opposition and sees what's happening.

Some really great team spirit as well, we're really playing as a team, I think with another transfer window or two we could be something special again, just shows how changing a manager can really changes things and galvanise a club!

Thought it was odd that Spurs didn't player Alderweireld though considering their next match is at home to Southampton.

21_GOONER_SALUTE
05-12-2018, 07:51 PM
Pretty much agree with a lot of what you said Zim.

I still don't believe in any of the defenders we have plus I'm not sold on this formation of using all 3 CBs as it seems they just get in each others way and is another way of not taking responsibility for any opposing attacker.

Anyway stats suggest we aren't really stronger defensively yet as we have conceeded 4 goals in 2 first halves with it- but especially with the result against the Spuds and all the adversary we faced, I think Emery has earned the right to be given the benefit of doubt.

Looking forward to todays game and more tactical nous I'm clearly not getting yet but currently enjoying.

Oh and loved Lacazette performance on the right flank, I couldn't understand that choice either but it was definitely one of his best performances ever. So again, the coach has earned the benefit of doubt.