PDA

View Full Version : Match Reaction vs Man Utd (away).

McNamara That Ghost...
05-12-2018, 09:59 PM
Awful stuff to concede so quickly after taking the lead again.

Overall, at least it keeps those shits the same distance from us.

Marc Overmars
05-12-2018, 10:02 PM
Improved second half and probably should have won it. Just pathetic defending though, so we only have ourselves to blame. :doh:

Happy enough with 4 points in quick succession from 2 rival teams, however we looked pretty burned out by the end though, at least the fixture list is a little bit kinder now.

On we go.

Mac76
05-12-2018, 10:02 PM
we're now level on points with Chelski which is something - a shame saints rolled over for the scum though

Master Splinter
05-12-2018, 10:03 PM
Both our goals were absolute pub.

Both theirs were a result of woeful defending.

We should have won given we had three clear chances after they equalised.

But considering the usual outcome in this fixture, the forced substitutions and the fact it came just after another gruelling contest, a draw isn't too bad.

Özim
05-12-2018, 10:03 PM
Decent performance going forward again, we're immense in attack.

Mhiki is frankly useless surely a candidate to be sold next summer, defence is our real achilles heel, we need a bit of surgery there, don't have the right personnel right now, some of the defending is really poor.

Overall would have been happy with a point before the match so got to be happy with that now, could have won this though as we were the better side, annoying that Spuds have jumped above us again.

hobson's choice
05-12-2018, 10:05 PM
Feel for anyone who paid to watch this game. Nothing from both teams.

Draw is the right result. Don't care how many goals we've scored in 2nd halves, this team still struggles to create chances.

Globalgunner
05-12-2018, 10:06 PM
Hard to accept the fact that we do need Xhaka in this team, Iwobi, though waste of space and waste of a sub. Our mentality problems are still. there, Just hold on to a lead for 5 minutes you fools.

SMatthews
05-12-2018, 10:12 PM
I’ll take the draw. Would’ve lost that last year.

Onto a few pub teams but a loss is going to come at some point. We’re well in the mix for top four which is what really matters.

Ramsey reminds us why he needs to go. Great job on Sunday, but injuries are a joke.

Gooner23
05-12-2018, 10:13 PM
Frustrating not to beat such a poor Utd team but we definitely looked a bit drained from the Spuds game still. Two pieces of dreadful defending cost us the chance to scrape out a win.

We really need to find an upgrade on Iwobi and Mhiki in January if possible. They're just not good enough.

McNamara That Ghost...
05-12-2018, 10:28 PM
BT made no reference to the disruption caused by two players going off injured. Then again what do I expect from a channel where the anchor just says 'quality' as the segue.

Chippy
05-12-2018, 10:29 PM
Frustrating not to beat such a poor Utd team but we definitely looked a bit drained from the Spuds game still. Two pieces of dreadful defending cost us the chance to scrape out a win.

We really need to find an upgrade on Iwobi and Mhiki in January if possible. They're just not good enough.

Let's walk before we can run.
We are further ahead under Emery than we dared to dream since the old goat left. Wenger left so much shit behind
and it is going to take several transfer windows to fix. Iwobi, Micki, Mustafi, Woezil, Ramsay all need to be sold and replaced. Emery knows that. 20 unbeaten is not bad going.

McNamara That Ghost...
05-12-2018, 10:38 PM
http://i65.tinypic.com/2czsrc.png

:sick:

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
05-12-2018, 10:39 PM
The replays of our goal were barely over before I saw Lingard slotting home for their equaliser igivng him a chance to do his fuhking stupid prepared dance. Fuhk sakes, just keep it locked for 1 minute after the opposition scores. Fuhking hate these fuhks more than I do Spurs....so irritating to never beat them there.

Thought Leno was very poor for their equaliser and the howler against Spurs. United's first was a dive from Martial and then assisted by an offside player.....ala Spurs style again!

Thought Guendouzi looked out of his depth in the first 10....but by the last 10 he looked like the midfield controller.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
05-12-2018, 10:41 PM
No idea why we would sell Iwobi....other than being desperate for dosh. And if we are that desperate we aren't going to be able to line up any signings able to actually make us title contenders.

Marc Overmars
05-12-2018, 10:52 PM
That second goal FFS.

Just woeful from the defence including Leno.

Marc Overmars
05-12-2018, 10:53 PM
Still, a different feeling at least to come away from Old Trafford frustrated that we should have won.

selassie
05-12-2018, 11:10 PM
A point isn’t a bad return from there all things considered. We were below par tonight, but were the better team, I feel kind of pissed and it feels like points dropped in a way.

We have an extremely winnable set of fixtures coming up, need to get back on a winning run.

hobson's choice
06-12-2018, 12:03 AM
Still, a different feeling at least to come away from Old Trafford frustrated that we should have won.

Nah, we weren't good either. Both teams can't really create much

I'm worried about this team and it's lack of ability to create from general calm play. Most of our goals come from wild sequences in game.

Bumble
06-12-2018, 07:45 AM
it is weird watching arsenal - not sure what the feeling is.... oh yes I remember now its enjoyment. I know we didn't win yesterday all four goals were pretty ropey but it was an enjoyable game.

I think 3rd is up for grabs definitely, Liverpool are a couple of years further down the line than we are with regards manager and City are miles ahead and we really have no chance of overtaking them in the any time soon.

But it is good, the players are giving there all. We play a much higher tempo which I think is what everyone wanted to see and the dividends are being reaped.

SMatthews
06-12-2018, 09:43 AM
Looks like Holding could be out for quite a while.

Hurry back Monreal and Kos.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
06-12-2018, 10:24 AM
Just when I was starting to enjoy the element of succession planning in defence.....

3 at the back is what I've wanted all season but it does stretch the squad defensively. The club have been a little quiet on Mavropanos too, though they say he is expected back this month.

I also think it has virtually transformed Kolasinac's game who really has not impressed me till the last couple games. The cut back football style Emery has been developing has really allowed his qualities to flourish.

Would have been nice to beat United at Old Traf before Moaneeedio gets fired.

SMatthews
06-12-2018, 11:05 AM
Ramsey injury only a “small problem” apparently. Hopefully not the language of medical teams past.

Good news there then and he’ll probably sit out the Huddersfield and Carrier Bag games to recover.

GP
06-12-2018, 12:00 PM
And we're only a few weeks away from a transfer window, though I don't expect us to be very active.

Özim
06-12-2018, 12:18 PM
I also think it has virtually transformed Kolasinac's game who really has not impressed me till the last couple games. The cut back football style Emery has been developing has really allowed his qualities to flourish.

Kolasinac made the mistake that lead to the 2nd goal, as a defender he's awful to be honest, but going forward he's decent, but we can find better going forward IMO.

Defence needs some surgery though, a new top quality CB (and maybe another decent backup option) and maybe a new left back.

dazthegooner
06-12-2018, 12:24 PM
And we're only a few weeks away from a transfer window, though I don't expect us to be very active.
Will be surprised if we don't make at least two signings in January god knows we need it.

Bumble
06-12-2018, 12:27 PM
Will be surprised if we don't make at least two signings in January god knows we need it.

but Wenger says it is really hard to sign players in January. Especially super super quality

dazthegooner
06-12-2018, 12:35 PM
but Wenger says it is really hard to sign players in January. Especially super super quality

Think a few clubs who have players who's contracts end in the summer will want to sell in January so they can at least get a fee (not all clubs are like Arsenal)

Özim
06-12-2018, 12:54 PM

Yes but this year he'll be looking to see if anyone is willing to give him a job, despite his claims he had offers from all over the world he still hasn't managed to get a job, it's like the management version of players he almost signed, he probably has a list of jobs he almost got!

dazthegooner
06-12-2018, 12:56 PM
lol good point well made :tiphat:

Özim
06-12-2018, 01:03 PM
Think a few clubs who have players who's contracts end in the summer will want to sell in January so they can at least get a fee (not all clubs are like Arsenal)

Hope so would be good to get a few decent players for relative bargains.

SMatthews
06-12-2018, 01:08 PM
Yes but this year he'll be looking to see if anyone is willing to give him a job, despite his claims he had offers from all over the world he still hasn't managed to get a job, it's like the management version of players he almost signed, he probably has a list of jobs he almost got!

Not sure why that’s hard to believe. Plenty of teams would want him. Their status is another matter. But after 22 years in one job I doubt he’s been in a rush to get back into work. Makes sense to take a year out.

Bumble
06-12-2018, 01:18 PM

haha that is true.

Mac76
06-12-2018, 01:22 PM
i'd be interested to see if we could prise Chilwell away from Leicester - they've had their one trophy win, and won't do it again, so if he wants any more he needs to move

GP
06-12-2018, 01:30 PM

Wenger's right.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
06-12-2018, 02:39 PM
Kolasinac made the mistake that lead to the 2nd goal, as a defender he's awful to be honest, but going forward he's decent, but we can find better going forward IMO.

Defence needs some surgery though, a new top quality CB (and maybe another decent backup option) and maybe a new left back.

I've heard some cite Sokratis in that....but I think it was poorer from Kola and the goalkeeper personally. As we were standing perfectly in a line of 5, Sokratis might have properly just come out for it and meatheaded it away.

Once Leno had decided to come out, he really should have cleaned everybody out to get his hands on the ball. I think he needs to work on that part of his game especially. De Gea who some muse basically never comes off his line is at least decisive about what he is doing.

Chilwell is a good player.... (I assume he is left sided...?) though he does not pass the ball when he should far too often. He along with Daniel Sturridge are two players Wenger would have never have signed in a million years for that tendency alone. Think Leicester would charge far too much for Chilwell though and I'm already hearing reports we are skint for the coming windows.

Anyway AMN can cover left back and is actually better defensively than Kola and Bellerin, is quick and much better fitness wise than Kola IMHO.

Özim
06-12-2018, 03:01 PM
Not sure why that’s hard to believe. Plenty of teams would want him. Their status is another matter. But after 22 years in one job I doubt he’s been in a rush to get back into work. Makes sense to take a year out.

The only teams that would want him are teams who have no ambition of winning anything, because that what he can't deliver, in less than half a season Emery has done a better job than Wenger did in 10 years, that's despite the fact a guy was in charge for 22 years before him and the entire club was setup to his wants and needs.

He said it himself he can't live without football which is why we had to give him the push, he would have never gone, if he has had any offers they're are probably from a bunch of nothing clubs, any decent club with ambition would be mad to give him a job based on his record in the last decade.

Özim
06-12-2018, 03:03 PM
I've heard some cite Sokratis in that....but I think it was poorer from Kola and the goalkeeper personally. As we were standing perfectly in a line of 5, Sokratis might have properly just come out for it and meatheaded it away.

Once Leno had decided to come out, he really should have cleaned everybody out to get his hands on the ball. I think he needs to work on that part of his game especially. De Gea who some muse basically never comes off his line is at least decisive about what he is doing.

Chilwell is a good player.... (I assume he is left sided...?) though he does not pass the ball when he should far too often. He along with Daniel Sturridge are two players Wenger would have never have signed in a million years for that tendency alone. Think Leicester would charge far too much for Chilwell though and I'm already hearing reports we are skint for the coming windows.

Anyway AMN can cover left back and is actually better defensively than Kola and Bellerin, is quick and much better fitness wise than Kola IMHO.

Sokratis didn't have the best game yesterday, but he's been decent, he did also give away the needless free which lead to their 1st goal though.

Marc Overmars
06-12-2018, 04:57 PM
Fellaini will face no action for pulling Guendouzi's hair. :doh:

dazthegooner
06-12-2018, 05:20 PM
Yeah I see that could start a presedent (sp) so its ok to pull someone's hair... Wonder if you can get away with pulling the hairs under the armpits :)

Gooner23
06-12-2018, 05:54 PM
Holding has a suspected ACL injury, awful news for him just as he was establishing himself as a first team regular.

Marc Overmars
06-12-2018, 06:06 PM
Terrible news.

Can we recall Chambers from Fulham?

I am invisible
06-12-2018, 06:20 PM
Kos and Mavs must be somewhere near returning by now, surely?

Mac76
06-12-2018, 08:09 PM
Kos and Mavs must be somewhere near returning by now, surely?

Kos played for the U21s the other night i think

I am invisible
06-12-2018, 08:36 PM
Kos played for the U21s the other night i think
That’s enough prep - get him back in the team.

What about the Greek lad? Any idea when he’s back?

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
06-12-2018, 08:52 PM
This month......but I get the feeling we will get towards the end of the month then Arsenal.com will update and say January.

dazthegooner
06-12-2018, 09:03 PM
Kos went off after 80 minutes reports said he had a slight injury...

fakeyank
06-12-2018, 09:43 PM
Kos went off after 80 minutes reports said he had a slight injury...

It was a cramp

dazthegooner
07-12-2018, 06:44 AM
Which is a slight injury... ;)

Mac76
07-12-2018, 03:12 PM
Which is a slight injury... ;)

i'm not sure i'd call cramp an injury, more of a significant temporary discomfort which meant he couldn't continue

an injury surely means actual bodily damage which could lead to missing training / games etc.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
07-12-2018, 10:13 PM
I suspect he was joking....

Koscielny has got to play some part tomorrow or at the very least be in the squad for the carrier bag game surely!?

Mac76
07-12-2018, 11:54 PM
I suspect he was joking....

Koscielny has got to play some part tomorrow or at the very least be in the squad for the carrier bag game surely!?

Well maybe, but i wasn't going to miss the chance for some pedantry :)

And yes, they'll need him to fill in if needed

Though El Neny has played CB before though hasn't he?

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
08-12-2018, 12:05 AM
He will be lucky if he makes the bench under Emery. He won't play there.

I was more thinking Kos needs to be involved to get him up to speed for a tougher period in the second half of the month and going into January.

Gooner23
08-12-2018, 08:25 AM
I think Kos will be on the bench today and then get the start in midweek. If Monreal is back as well he could slot in to Holdings position, or we switch to a back 4.

SMatthews
08-12-2018, 10:42 AM
I think he was due to start against Carrier Bag. He’ll probably be on the bench and we’ll go to a back four given the opposition.