PDA

View Full Version : Match Reaction vs Southampton (home).

McNamara That Ghost...
24-02-2019, 03:59 PM
Well done, an absolute stroll.

Should've scored more, as ever.

We're in the Fourth Placed Trophy position. :trophy:

SMatthews
24-02-2019, 04:01 PM
Good weekend all round. Back up to fourth, another win under the belt, clean sheet, good form shown in the first 45 and all of our available players are back.

Letters
24-02-2019, 04:03 PM
Closed the gap to 13 points, 14 including GD.

It’s ON!

Marc Overmars
24-02-2019, 04:06 PM
Sounded bog standard but that's where we are at the moment.

Important 3 points though. Same again in midweek please to set ourselves up for Spurs.

Xhaka Can’t
24-02-2019, 04:08 PM
I watched the second half.

It is a minor miracle that I’m still barely awake.

Marc Overmars
24-02-2019, 04:11 PM
Only the third clean sheet Leno has kept. :lol:

Letters
24-02-2019, 04:15 PM
Only the third clean sheet Leno has kept. :lol:

I think we are the only club who has failed to keep a clean sheet away in the league :doh:

Master Splinter
24-02-2019, 04:31 PM
Sounded bog standard but that's where we are at the moment.

Important 3 points though. Same again in midweek please to set ourselves up for Spurs.

The first half was the best we've played since the 4-2 against Spuds. Should have been 4-0 at least at half-time. Our strikers miss too many sitters.

Second half was a training session but still should have got some +1s at the end.

Master Splinter
24-02-2019, 04:34 PM
all of our available players are back.

Lichtsteiner and Iwobi went off with knocks to restore equilibrium.

SMatthews
24-02-2019, 04:50 PM
That’s good and bad news.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
24-02-2019, 10:03 PM
Glad I didn't give my ticket to my brother in the end but should have really been more than 2. A great weekend all in all and we don't get that many like it. Would have preferred if Liverpool beat United.

Didn't allow jack the lad Austin to get his trademark goal, which is always a good thing.

Chippy
24-02-2019, 10:42 PM
Glad I didn't give my ticket to my brother in the end but should have really been more than 2. A great weekend all in all and we don't get that many like it. Would have preferred if Liverpool beat United.

Didn't allow jack the lad Austin to get his trademark goal, which is always a good thing.
We won and the Scum lost. Very happy.

Letters
25-02-2019, 10:07 PM
Seen the highlights now. Amazing we didn't score more, equally amazing we didn't concede.
This is what makes me think that top 4 is beyond us. We're not a bad side but you cannot defend like that against better teams and get away with it and even against poor teams if you keep giving them chances then they're going to score some goals and that means you're up against it to score more and win the game.
Absolutely have to sort that out if we're going to push on.

dazthegooner
26-02-2019, 05:19 AM
Good point as someome who used to play in defence/midfield (yes in spite of my height) and I have not often seen a so called defensive unit get pulled apart as much it's like they've never played along side each other.

Mac76
26-02-2019, 09:24 AM
overall for me this was what watching a good PL team against relegation strugglers should be

our guys could have scored more and until we ditch Xhaka and Mustafi we will always give teams chances, but quality showed and in the first half particularly there was some great football - little of which made the MOTD highlights i'm afraid as they spent way too much time on the Man U v Liverpool game (since when did a 0-0 draw head up MOTD?)

If we can play like that against Bournemouth for a good win and build some momentum, the game at Shite Hart Lane may not be the embarrassment i was fearing...

Letters
26-02-2019, 10:08 AM
I don't think the game against our nomadic North London "friends" will be an embarrassment, but I'd be very surprised if we emerge with any points.
Prove me wrong, boys, prove me wrong...

SMatthews
26-02-2019, 10:25 AM
When have Spurs ever embarrassed us? The only one I can remember is a league cup game a decade ago against our B team. We'll get at least a draw there I think.

Marc Overmars
26-02-2019, 11:57 AM
We’re pretty useless away from home against the top sides. I think that 0-2 win at City in 14/15 was the last time we took 3 points.

Never know with Spurs though, there’s always a possibility the games could be mental. Realistically a draw is probably the best we can expect if we’re honest.

Letters
26-02-2019, 12:03 PM
I think we'll lose tbh. Let's face it, they're better than us, they're at home and we're hopeless away against the top sides and they don't do drawing this season.
I'd take a point right now if it was offered.

:(

Bumble
26-02-2019, 01:30 PM
When have Spurs ever embarrassed us? The only one I can remember is a league cup game a decade ago against our B team. We'll get at least a draw there I think.

Conceding 2 in injury time to draw 4-4. Werent we 2-0 at home once as well and lost 3-2. Although don't think they have embarrassed us during the pinnacle they are achieving in recent years.

SMatthews
26-02-2019, 01:38 PM
I’d class that as embarrassing ourselves more than anything else.

Letters
26-02-2019, 01:49 PM
Conceding 2 in injury time to draw 4-4.

We embarrassed ourselves in that one.

Letters
26-02-2019, 01:50 PM
I’d class that as embarrassing ourselves more than anything else.

Note to self: read other replies before posting

:getcoat: