PDA

View Full Version : Match Reaction v Tottenham Hotspur (away).

McNamara That Ghost...
02-03-2019, 02:29 PM
Should've won. Shame we're the ones to make these berks draw. :lol:

Refs. :haha:

Linesmen. :haha:

Stay 4th for now. :bow:

dostoy
02-03-2019, 02:30 PM
I've just seen the main bits and that is very disappointing.

Two soft penalties but Auba's was a bad miss and then the follow up as well.

How did Arsenal not win that match ?

SMatthews
02-03-2019, 02:34 PM
Great line-up, team defended excellently, midfield great - and then the forwards.

Laca and Auba hang your heads today. Really let us down.

Linesman was out of position on a free kick. Gifted them a goal.

Rose puts his studs into the chest of a player = yellow. Lucas gets the ball, catches Rose = red. Fuck off.

Still bang in the race for top 4 and Spurs are in the scrap for it too.

Mikhi and Monreal fantastic today.

dazthegooner
02-03-2019, 02:36 PM
Think when Auba had the second chance he thought all he had to do was tap it in without anyone challenging him.

McNamara That Ghost...
02-03-2019, 02:37 PM
Socrates was mountainous today. :bow:

Mac76
02-03-2019, 02:38 PM
If Emery ever plays mustafi ever again i'm 'Emery out' - that 'player' is a fucking disaster

Globalgunner
02-03-2019, 02:38 PM
Mustafi is just useless. Should not be allowed anywhere inside the pen box. Auba and Laca will both wake up 2mrw feeling like mules

SMatthews
02-03-2019, 02:39 PM
If Emery ever plays mustafi ever again i'm 'Emery out' - that 'player' is a fucking disaster

Better get your banner ready

selassie
02-03-2019, 02:41 PM
Felt like a loss. We had the measure of them all game, 2 points dropped :(

selassie
02-03-2019, 02:42 PM
Socrates was mountainous today. :bow:

He’s a modern day Keown, he’s a beast. Outstanding today.

21_GOONER_SALUTE
02-03-2019, 02:49 PM
Emery got his tactics spot on and it was a brilliant performance by the team in general.

However when you have "usual suspects" on the pitch, you know they will let you down eventually and they did.

Mustafi gave away the plainly stupid offside penalty and Xhaka did everything to get a red but unlucky Torriera got it instead.

Yeah I know some will say if our strikers took their chances we wouldn't have needed to worry or if the ref had sent of Rose but we were playing away in the prem against a rival and by now one should know only a full 100% professional performance would get us the 3 points and tbh the clean sheet was there for the taking. Even leaky Chelski kept a clean sheet against spurs.

Great game, loved Mhki's performance but I strongly believe if he hadn't played certain players (who have let us down repeatedly) we would deservedly have all 3 points against a sub-par Spurs team. It would have marked them no matter whatever they achieve this season

Good result though.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
Mustafi just fuhk off.

McNamara That Ghost...
Captain Rubberlips (Flavs :bow:) giving it some about Man Utd.

Prick.

Master Splinter
02-03-2019, 02:51 PM
Think when Auba had the second chance he thought all he had to do was tap it in without anyone challenging him.

https://i.imgur.com/5gqN3U3.jpg

If Taylor wasn't a clown, Auba would have had a tap-in, because Vertonghen would have been outside the box.

Or of course, it would have been retaken.

Letters
02-03-2019, 03:00 PM
Would have been happy with a draw before the game but actually we should have won it.
Spurs’ penalty was just plain wrong, Kane was offside.
Ours was very soft but that should have won it for us.
But disappointed but actually a pretty good result and a very good performance.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
02-03-2019, 03:00 PM
On a lighter note..... don’t know what toad Mkhi has been licking but hope he continues it. Unplayable recently.

Mac76
02-03-2019, 03:24 PM
Felt like a loss. We had the measure of them all game, 2 points dropped :(

Sadly, that's exactly what it feeks like

I knew Auba wouldn't get the pel, it was written all over his face beforehand

dazthegooner
02-03-2019, 03:49 PM
Hopefully Torrrera will have his red card recinded to a yellow

GP
02-03-2019, 04:09 PM
Hopefully Torrrera will have his red card recinded to a yellow

No chance.

GP
02-03-2019, 04:09 PM
We are better than them.

Letters
02-03-2019, 04:12 PM
We are better than them.

We were today.
Most of this season I’d have disagreed with you but they weren’t all that special today.

GP
02-03-2019, 04:15 PM
We were today.
Most of this season I’d have disagreed with you but they weren’t all that special today.

We've taken 4 points off them, and it should be 6.

GP
02-03-2019, 04:15 PM
Jay Leno :bow:

https://streamable.com/pua26

Letters
02-03-2019, 04:27 PM
We've taken 4 points off them, and it should be 6.

#leaguetableneverlies

Come on, dude, you know that’s simplistic.
There doesn’t seem to be much between the teams.

Letters
02-03-2019, 04:29 PM
Jay Leno :bow:

https://streamable.com/pua26
That second save was remarkable.

Leno :bow:

AFC Leveller
02-03-2019, 05:00 PM
Great performance, should have won. We kept them at bay most of the game.

With Man ure winning late on, 3 points next week are absolutely critical. Nothing else would be good enough. This the chance for us to open up a decent gap against our direct rivals.

If we play the same as today (obv. No Mustafi) I can see us winning.

LDG
02-03-2019, 05:25 PM
[QUOTE=Letters;4480417]#leaguetableneverlies

Not really much between the two teams IMO.

Eriksonn and Son are very good players. Fuck them off and they become mid-table.

Our lot aren’g much different...but we’re losing Ramsey, who I think is a big game player, and our talented players (ozil, auba) aren’t big game players.

It’s level pegging between us, spufs, chelsea and utd. You can’t say who is better as it depends on the day.

Emery earns his corn next season by buying two players, realeasing two and getting us playing consistently well.....

Chippy
02-03-2019, 11:23 PM
We are better than them.

yes we fucking are! Today, the REAL Arsenal were back! We will finish 3rd. Lucky cunts.

Bumble
03-03-2019, 08:07 AM
yes we fucking are! Today, the REAL Arsenal were back! We will finish 3rd. Lucky cunts.

we were yesterday, although also shows one team on form and playing well against another who isn't. think the penalty miss could be crucial. spurs still have both city and Liverpool away so that is no points. we have tricky away games on paper Watford wolves everton Leicester burnley but they also don't have much to play for so playing mid table teams at end of season can be a good thing.

but lose next weekend and we are toast.

Mac76
03-03-2019, 12:25 PM
[QUOTE=Letters;4480417]#leaguetableneverlies

Not really much between the two teams IMO.

Eriksonn and Son are very good players. Fuck them off and they become mid-table.

Our lot aren’g much different...but we’re losing Ramsey, who I think is a big game player, and our talented players (ozil, auba) aren’t big game players.

It’s level pegging between us, spufs, chelsea and utd. You can’t say who is better as it depends on the day.

Emery earns his corn next season by buying two players, realeasing two and getting us playing consistently well.....

i think our side is better quality overall but agree with everything else you say

Ramsay is a big loss

Mustafi has to go

selassie
04-03-2019, 11:46 AM

Honestly think the best we can hope for is 4th. I think United will finish above us regardless of where they finish. I think United look nailed on for 3rd spot now.

GP
04-03-2019, 11:52 AM
Honestly think the best we can hope for is 4th. I think United will finish above us regardless of where they finish. I think United look nailed on for 3rd spot now.

Even after we beat them on Sunday?

selassie
04-03-2019, 03:26 PM
Even after we beat them on Sunday?

Ha!

Well I hope we beat them, not confident to be honest.

Özim
06-03-2019, 01:25 PM
Good performance and decent result, although we really should have won that, the penalty at the end was really disappointing.

The acid test is Man U, they're the side who have been in the best form, Spurs have been out of form recently, even Chelsea beat them without conceding, so whilst it's a good result it needs a bit of context.

Always said the Man U game is the one that matters, personally think we need to win it. Either way though, I'm more interested in the EL, we should prioritise that, it gets you into the CL and you win something which IMO is much more of an achievement than getting 4th place.