PDA

View Full Version : Match Reaction v Man Utd (home, league).

McNamara That Ghost...
10-03-2019, 06:27 PM
Great stuff at the Fortress Emirates.

Just do that on Thursday. :pray:

Up to fourth and a point being the Spuds.

Big game bottlers. :haha:

SMatthews
10-03-2019, 06:28 PM
Saw no reason why we couldn’t win this and we did. A bitty game in places but we fought to win and more than deserve it.

Great from Laca, Ramsey, Xhaka and Ozil. AMN grew into his role in the second half too.

Top four place is on without a doubt.

Haven’t got another league game until the start of April. Perfect position to leave us in before the break.

GP
10-03-2019, 06:29 PM
Brilliant! It's so good to beat those cunts.

Letters
10-03-2019, 06:31 PM
Brilliant! It's so good to beat those cunts.

I concur

Globalgunner
10-03-2019, 06:38 PM
I take back everything I said about Jon Moss. He`s slim, good looking and very competent

Xhaka Can’t
10-03-2019, 06:49 PM
So the next game is the one Hymppi’s attending?

Hope he brings the same luck as the Estonians.

McNamara That Ghost...
10-03-2019, 06:54 PM
Neville. :haha:

Such a twat.

Redcafe is raging. :cloud9:

LDG
10-03-2019, 06:56 PM
So the next game is the one Hymppi’s attending?

Hope he brings the same luck as the Estonians.

Estonians :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
10-03-2019, 07:04 PM
Emery interview. :bow:

I rarely pick up what he is saying even though he does say what he wants to.

Marc Overmars
10-03-2019, 07:16 PM
Get the fuck in! That’s a big 3 points.

Really wasn’t expecting much today but we were solid. Well done to everyone and to Auba in particular for having the balls to step again after last week. Although his penalty was shite again but thankfully De Gea moved. Hate those kind of penalties.

Weather was dreadful but that didn’t dampen the atmosphere. My voice is fucked.

Master Splinter
10-03-2019, 07:34 PM
Rennes are getting an absolute battering on Thursday.

Unless they appoint the same officials again.

Letters
10-03-2019, 07:50 PM
Rennes are getting an absolute battering on Thursday.

Unless they appoint the same officials again.

It’s like you’ve never seen football before

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
10-03-2019, 08:12 PM
Yelled so much when Xhaka scored the opener I gave myself a headache and almost elbowed the old boy next to me.

Fuhkin gettin! Felt so good to beat these ****s. Why couldn't Jessie Lingaard be on the field. Mug!

Master Splinter
10-03-2019, 08:16 PM
Yelled so much when Xhaka scored the opener I gave myself a headache and almost elbowed the old boy next to me.

Is Coney okay?

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
10-03-2019, 08:23 PM
:d

Letters
10-03-2019, 08:32 PM
Is Coney okay?
:haha:

GP
10-03-2019, 08:50 PM
https://twitter.com/hammersupsates/status/1104806998363832326

:sick:

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
10-03-2019, 09:09 PM
Ryan Giggs saying the better team lost!? Been sniffing Robbie Fowler's white lines....

Letters
10-03-2019, 09:23 PM
Ryan Giggs saying the better team lost!? Been sniffing Robbie Fowler's white lines....

Tbh, I think 2-0 flattered us a bit and it's a minor miracle we kept a clean sheet (although Leno :bow:).
But overall, nah. It was pretty even today and Utd were definitely not the better team on the day.

Mac76
10-03-2019, 09:36 PM
Tbh, I think 2-0 flattered us a bit and it's a minor miracle we kept a clean sheet (although Leno :bow:).
But overall, nah. It was pretty even today and Utd were definitely not the better team on the day.

No, we were better and deserved to win, though i agree on another day they might have got maybe just one goal

Marc Overmars
10-03-2019, 09:52 PM
Slice of luck with the first goal of but we defended really well and fully deserved the points.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
10-03-2019, 09:57 PM
Didn't think it was a Pen, but I thought we were the better team. I was amazed nobody was carried off on a stretcher in the end.

Marc Overmars
10-03-2019, 10:08 PM
The aggression in every tackle was great to see, each one was being cheered like a goal.

Master Splinter
10-03-2019, 10:50 PM
Year-on-year performance changes in the Premier League:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D1UhQbtWoAc5w7_.jpg

https://twitter.com/sportingintel/status/1104825889458667520?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5 Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1104830493638438912&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.football365.com%2Fnews%2 Farsenal-2-0-manchester-united-16-conclusions-2

Emery :bow:.

If he'd been given a Warchest to improve the team, I think it would be fair to heavily criticise the overall performance level and style of play.

As it is, given all the restrictions, the level of competition and dealing with numerous long-term injuries and an imbalanced squad, you'd be a bit thick to suggest he's done anything other than a good job so far.

Even if we don't finish in the top four, he's done about as well as is possible.

SMatthews
10-03-2019, 11:12 PM
I think he’s done a fantastic job so far and the panic around Xmas and January was too short sighted. Still eight games to go and a lot can happen - especially away from home - but he’s got us firmly back on track as a competitive team.

Mac76
10-03-2019, 11:21 PM
Phil neville saying on MOTD that if moan u had taken their chances they'd have won so somehow that makes them the better team - sorry neville if you don't take your chances and the other team does then that makes you the worse team

C**t

AFC Leveller
11-03-2019, 05:15 AM
The media and their Solskjaer bandwagon can’t take it, so many excuses for them losing last night it’s hilarious.

We won fair and square, yes they had chances but so did we and we took ours and that’s why we won.

The Sokratis Kos partnership is a solid one, hopefully they stay injury free, especially when you consider that Mustafi is the alternative. Emery has done a good job, the points total shows it (and this is after we have played all the big sides home and away).

GP
11-03-2019, 10:41 AM
I fuckin love beating those twats.

Mac76
11-03-2019, 11:42 AM
Didn't think it was a Pen, but I thought we were the better team. I was amazed nobody was carried off on a stretcher in the end.

i do think it was a pel - if you see it from behind he does get a shove, which puts hiim off balance and that's a foul and in the penalty area it's a penalty

Marc Overmars
11-03-2019, 11:52 AM
Think I’d be annoyed if that was given against us but when you’re running directly like that it won’t take a lot of contact to throw you off balance. Lacazette isn’t one to go down easily either.

I’m really impressed with Laca’s all round game, he’s a better footballer than Auba IMO. They both compliment each other well though.

Globalgunner
11-03-2019, 12:43 PM
Thats the kind of pen Spuds, Rooney, Ashley Young Stevie starfish and co have been getting regularly against us. Only surprise is that Jon Moss actually gave it.

Laca is the guy, He is 1 click away in his head from being a 25 goal a season forward for us. Needs to add that final ruthless focus, especially if he wants to get back in the French NT

KSE Comedy Club
11-03-2019, 12:50 PM
i do think it was a pel - if you see it from behind he does get a shove, which puts hiim off balance and that's a foul and in the penalty area it's a penalty

Only Souness mentioned that Fred's right thigh made contact with Laca's left thigh which threw him off balance, but it was quickly ignored by the rest of the pundits.

Sick of the media horse shit tbh, anyone would think we stole two points off them without even turning up - we played fantastically yesterday and thoroughly deserved the win.

Fuck the lot of them!

SMatthews
11-03-2019, 12:52 PM
Laca will be 28 at the end of this season, so if he isn’t that guy already, he never will be.

Has a better all round game than Auba, but doesn’t have the predatory instincts to score as many.

SMatthews
11-03-2019, 02:16 PM
Only Souness mentioned that Fred's right thigh made contact with Laca's left thigh which threw him off balance, but it was quickly ignored by the rest of the pundits.

Sick of the media horse shit tbh, anyone would think we stole two points off them without even turning up - we played fantastically yesterday and thoroughly deserved the win.

Fuck the lot of them!

Nah - they beat us on XG, they’ve had loads of injuries and they’re below us in the table - they’re miles better than us. Ole’s a genius.

Mac76
11-03-2019, 03:16 PM

No Souness is clearly wrong because as Phil 'just off home to beat the wife' Neville said, Fred 'just grazed him...' :haha:

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
11-03-2019, 07:35 PM
Haven't actually seen a replay of it and was the opposite end when it happened......but just looked soft to me. Really thought Suarez was going to set up the third, but wasn't to be!

GP
11-03-2019, 07:44 PM
Haven't actually seen a replay of it and was the opposite end when it happened......but just looked soft to me. Really thought Suarez was going to set up the third, but wasn't to be!

https://streamable.com/gie7l

Marc Overmars
11-03-2019, 08:04 PM
Laca will be 28 at the end of this season, so if he isn’t that guy already, he never will be.

Has a better all round game than Auba, but doesn’t have the predatory instincts to score as many.

I think he does have those instincts, maybe not as sharp as Auba's but he's still more than capable. The trouble is when they play together one of them invariably has to move out wide or drop deeper, because of their relative strengths it's Auba who gets the glory most of the time.

Auba is very much the play off the shoulder, right place at the right time kind of striker. Whereas Laca is physically stronger and better with the ball at his feet.

Both work really well though for what the team needs and their input is pretty much why we have a chance of qualifying for the CL. If there was one good thing Wenger did during his demise, it was to leave us with 2 quality strikers.

LDG
11-03-2019, 08:09 PM
No Souness is clearly wrong because as Phil 'just off home to beat the wife' Neville said, Fred 'just grazed him...' :haha:

He leans into him from behind and pushes him. Yes, he goes down easily, but every other fucker does it to us, and it’s just called gamesmanship.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
11-03-2019, 09:05 PM
On the way to the game on the tube I was thinking what if....... he just played Ramsey in midfield and Ozil behind the front two. Never thought he would ACTUALLY do it and thought it was probably too risky a thing to do in a game like this.

I've also been calling for 3412 pretty much all season. I don't think we are going to settle on any one formation (this season) and I wouldn't have opted for a 3412 yesterday on Mkhitaryan's form alone (I think he has been our best player since he came back from injury) but yesterday it worked to a tee in a time a lot of people have been complaining about the 3 at the back and tending to call it 'as 5 at the back'.

I also think it's interesting that against a team that has 'done us' far too many times over the years he played Ramsey a player often seen as ill disciplined in a position many seem to think he simply cannot play these days. I think Ramsey showed he absolutely can still play that position and I do find myself steadily and increasingly resenting the fact he will leave in time.

I know it was a good day all around for everyone but I have liked the little I've seen of Suarez too. I don't think he's worth breaking the bank for but his use of the ball and movement is subtlety effective. I get why Emery likes him to be honest.

Penguin
12-03-2019, 01:35 PM
Ramsey was superb. It's a shame that he's only showing this form after he signed for Juve but life moves on.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
12-03-2019, 01:47 PM
He's been used quite sparingly this season and I don't think it would have been fair to expect him to show this kind of form straight away and consistently under a new manager.

Marc Overmars
12-03-2019, 04:01 PM
I think he's been useful most of the time he's been called upon this season, it is a shame really what happened with his contract but what's done is done.

It's down to the club now to prove it was a right decision to let him go but I'm sceptical if I'm honest.