PDA

View Full Version : Match Reaction v Newcastle (home)

McNamara That Ghost...
01-04-2019, 08:52 PM
Up to third, mind the gap. :scarf:

Very comfortable.

Emery. :bow:

Mesut. :bow:

Lacazette. :bow:

Ramsey. :bow:

Marc Overmars
01-04-2019, 09:08 PM
Decent nights work. Played some good stuff and defended well for the most part.

On we go. :scarf:

Big tests now with Everton and Watford away to come. If we can take at least 4 points from those I’ll be confident we will qualify for the CL.

SMatthews
01-04-2019, 10:19 PM
Great result and performance that picked up exactly where we left off before the last break.

Newcastle made us work hard for it, which was to be expected. We kept going, lots of energy and some really lovely football at times too.

One game down and four more wins should nail down a top four slot. Got to sort ourselves out away from home, starting on Sunday.

Reached our points tally from last season already. Emery :bow:

And Spurs :lol: absolutely pathetic.

Mac76
01-04-2019, 11:48 PM
Giood enough for sure - the high point was Laca's finish, the low point was almost everything done by mustafi

On we go - if Kos is fit for neverton we should believe we can do that

And like almost every other football fan in the country i am absolutely praying Palace can get a result at the Toilet Seat

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
02-04-2019, 12:14 AM
Had to get some work done after the game and just finished now. Worthwhile though, even though I'll be a zombie tomorrow!

Thought we were very flat before the goal, but Newcastle were hardly a threat at all.... and really sit off you a lot in the first two thirds.

Hope we stay in this position till the end now!

I am invisible
02-04-2019, 07:39 AM
Everything feels right with the world again this morning...

Mac76
02-04-2019, 08:03 AM
Was at the game and watched the highlights on the club website this morning - both of those disallowed goals were pretty harsh decisions IMO and in the second half in particular Taylor couldn't have done more to give Newcasle a chance to get back into the game - hats off to our defenders for not doing anoything to give him an excuse to award a pel against us - i'm sure he was bursting to do it... :tiphat:

Globalgunner
02-04-2019, 03:20 PM
Was at the game and watched the highlights on the club website this morning - both of those disallowed goals were pretty harsh decisions IMO and in the second half in particular Taylor couldn't have done more to give Newcasle a chance to get back into the game - hats off to our defenders for not doing anoything to give him an excuse to award a pel against us - i'm sure he was bursting to do it... :tiphat:
You forgot Mustafi doing his darnedest to change the score.......But we survived both him and Taylor

Chippy
02-04-2019, 09:41 PM
Everything feels right with the world again this morning...
Things are right this evening as well because the Mancs lost :cloud9:

Mac76
02-04-2019, 10:24 PM
You forgot Mustafi doing his darnedest to change the score.......But we survived both him and Taylor

Well by 'defenders' i actually meant our players who can defend - mustafi's another case entirely ... :lol:

I am invisible
03-04-2019, 06:16 AM
Things are right this evening as well because the Mancs lost :cloud9:
Outstanding! I didn’t even know there were games yesterday. This totally makes up for having to put the trash out this morning...

McNamara That Ghost...
03-04-2019, 04:29 PM
Outstanding! I didn’t even know there were games yesterday. This totally makes up for having to put the trash out this morning...

Philip May. :bow: