PDA

View Full Version : Match Reaction v Wolves

Chippy
24-04-2019, 08:34 PM
Shocked at how shit we are. The end.:ilt:

SMatthews
24-04-2019, 08:40 PM
Sunday was bad enough but that was pathetic.

Leno’s worst performance by a mile.

Xhaka Can’t
24-04-2019, 08:43 PM
For years we had an elite striker that was consistently undermined by an incompetent defensive unit.

We needed to make changes.

So we got rid of the elite striker.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-04-2019, 08:44 PM
Not the result we wanted.™

Marc Overmars
24-04-2019, 08:46 PM
Sunday really hurt but tonight was half-expected. Our away form is still horse shit and a fluked win over Watford did nothing to change that.

Thankfully United and Chelsea still have to slug it out, so if and that's a big fucking if, we can sort out our lives against Leicester there's still the possibility of 4th.

Pretty gutted truth be told, I've tried to give Emery as much goodwill as I can but we're staring down the barrel of a season no different to what Wenger would have delivered. Lets hope his Europa League experience can save our season.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
24-04-2019, 08:55 PM
fuhking dipsticks. Just fuhk off!

Letters
24-04-2019, 09:08 PM
fuhking dipsticks. Just fuhk off!

:gp:

Letters
24-04-2019, 09:18 PM
Be careful what you wish for

Mac76
24-04-2019, 09:24 PM
:gp:

:gp: :lol:

Letters
24-04-2019, 09:54 PM
I guess we are enjoying the Europa League so much we want to qualify for it again.

Emery :bow:

More seriously: fuck this shit.
The mentality at the club remains awful.
We had an open goal to go 3rd on Sunday and above Spurs.
So, of course...

Improbably, results went for us so much this week that a result tonight would still have given us a decent chance of top 4. Wolves are no pushovers but 3-0 at half time? Piss off.

Marc Overmars
24-04-2019, 10:04 PM
The squad is bollocks. Too old and weak plus many tried and tested Wenger duds.

We need a revamp but I doubt Emery will get the players in.

Chippy
24-04-2019, 10:09 PM
The squad is bollocks. Too old and weak plus many tried and tested Wenger duds.

We need a revamp but I doubt Emery will get the players in.
I fear a very long bumby road ahead :(

Letters
24-04-2019, 10:09 PM
What I don’t understand is I thought we were excellent against Napoli in both legs.
Now it’s all this bollox.

Marc Overmars
24-04-2019, 10:19 PM
Seen it many times before, absolutely brilliant at times but you can be sure once the dust settles we will revert to type.

Mac76
24-04-2019, 10:20 PM
I fear a very long bumby road ahead :(

"bumby" ?

:lol:

AFC Leveller
24-04-2019, 10:22 PM
Shocking. We are relegation candidates away from home and title contenders at home, shits confusing.

It’s like the players don’t want to bother away from home. If the Manx and Chelsea draw or Chelsea draw then we may still be able to fluke 4th but away to Leicester i won’t be surprised if we get beat.

Gooner23
25-04-2019, 05:53 AM
Shocking. We are relegation candidates away from home and title contenders at home, shits confusing.

It’s like the players don’t want to bother away from home. If the Manx and Chelsea draw or Chelsea draw then we may still be able to fluke 4th but away to Leicester i won’t be surprised if we get beat.

Or away to Burnley on the last day of the season, Dyche will have them fired up for it.

The squad needs an overhaul but I don't think it's going to happen.

Bumble
25-04-2019, 06:24 AM
What I don’t understand is I thought we were excellent against Napoli in both legs.

Maybe the players are just more interested in winning a trophy than the day to day grind of the league. The Europa league is the get out of jail card.

KSE Comedy Club
25-04-2019, 06:50 AM

This is what pisses me off tbh.

There is no explanation as to why we can be brilliant at home and outstanding / exceptional in certain games and then be utter, utter dog shite for most of the others?!?
Really.....!!!???

The squad is the same, the tactics seem to work mostly, the rotation is unnecessary imo but it's what Emery likes to do, so what the fuck gives!

The only factor I know is an omen is that fucking putrid mint green away kit! Evil, nasty, horrific colour - whoever signed that kit off needs to be raped and then shot! :fury:

Marc Overmars
25-04-2019, 07:06 AM
Maybe the players are just more interested in winning a trophy than the day to day grind of the league. The Europa league is the get out of jail card.

I’m hoping that’s the case and they’ll raise themselves for Valencia. They sure as hell look done as far as the league is concerned.

Globalgunner
25-04-2019, 07:31 AM
No match winners in the entire squad. Piss poor attitude from players who are not fans. Its just a job for most of them. A manager who seemingly cannot break the mindset left behind and install a new one or simply doesnt have that personality himself. How do you change 12 players at once in a club that is essentially broke from mismanagement of copious funds, because that is what we need. If the manager cannot bring the right attitude then players from afar will be needed to instill it.

If some cash flushed Sultan or oligarch decides to invest in any of the teams below us we are dropping into the next level mini league. Spurs, Chelsea Utd will surely fix their own problems, sharpish. Will we?

Letters
25-04-2019, 07:35 AM

Which would be vaguely acceptable if it was the difference between finishing 6th or 8th which doesn't really matter.
6th and no trophies or 8th and the Europa League. No brainer.

But we had an open goal to go 3rd on Sunday and ahead of the Spuds. With our run in and other teams', top 4 was very much in our hands.
Where's their pride, FFS?

Mac76
25-04-2019, 08:43 AM
Which would be vaguely acceptable if it was the difference between finishing 6th or 8th which doesn't really matter.
6th and no trophies or 8th and the Europa League. No brainer.

But we had an open goal to go 3rd on Sunday and ahead of the Spuds. With our run in and other teams', top 4 was very much in our hands.
Where's their pride, FFS?

Emery asked for what happened on Sunday with a team full of losers and the knock-on effects of that clearly were felt last night against a very good side

i can't help feeling that he personally has always favoured the Europa League route, because it's what he knows best, and is secretly (or not-so-secretly) loading the team selection that way

Marc Overmars
25-04-2019, 08:48 AM
I mean we'd all rather win the EL but it's a dangerous game he's playing if he's gone all in with that. If we don't get to the final now he's got a lot of stick coming his way.

Letters
25-04-2019, 10:03 AM
FFS. Even if we'd taken a point this week we'd have been in 4th.
Utter wankers.

Bumble
25-04-2019, 11:26 AM
did any of our players make the PFA team?

Marc Overmars
25-04-2019, 11:35 AM

Yeah, Mustafi.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-04-2019, 11:42 AM

Yup they all submitted their picks.

Letters
25-04-2019, 11:54 AM

I believe it's Pogba + a mix of City and Liverpool all-stars.

KSE Comedy Club
25-04-2019, 11:58 AM

No, but somehow Pogba found his way in there :shrug:

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
25-04-2019, 03:59 PM
The game went from us being totally in charge with Wolves looking like they couldn't be that bothered.... to us being 3 nil down at half time with over 70% possession. I mean what the actual fuhk? It really might as well have been Wenger in charge yesterday.

We don't have Mustafi to blame neither and as much stick as Ozil gets....he's not the reason for us conceding as foolishly as we did in neither of the last two games.

SMatthews
25-04-2019, 04:41 PM
Leno had a nightmare yesterday - at fault for the second and third goals.

Mikhi and AMN were really bad too - the former kept coming inside so everything was overloaded down the left with nothing coming from the right at all. AMN was beaten far too easily for the third goal too.

Chippy
25-04-2019, 10:34 PM
Leno had a nightmare yesterday - at fault for the second and third goals.

Mikhi and AMN were really bad too - the former kept coming inside so everything was overloaded down the left with nothing coming from the right at all. AMN was beaten far too easily for the third goal too.
Kill the fucking lot of them :fury:

Letters
26-04-2019, 06:57 AM

:lol: Reasoned debate :bow:

Bumble
26-04-2019, 12:27 PM

problem with that is no resale value

Letters
26-04-2019, 01:32 PM
I come back to Danny Baker's idea where the players line up in the centre circle after home games with wheelbarrows and are paid in cash while the crowd react as they see fit...