PDA

View Full Version : Match Reaction v Brighton (home).

McNamara That Ghost...
05-05-2019, 05:23 PM
Couldn't beat Brighton home or away.

5th at best for us.

I fucking hate the utter losers we have in our ranks.

Letters
05-05-2019, 05:24 PM
Utter cunts

Letters
05-05-2019, 05:25 PM
Honestly. We had 3rd place handed to us on a silver platter.
What’s our run been? Something like P6 W1 D1 L4?
Something like that.
Utter fuckwits.

Letters
05-05-2019, 05:27 PM
I mean really.
We got the same points total as last season with 7 games left.
We’ve got 4 more since. In 6 games.

WANKERS!

:fury:

dostoy
05-05-2019, 05:29 PM
Among the Arsenal players, Who would you keep ?

Surely there is only a few, the rest are fucking useless and have to go.

Ozil must go, even if he literally has to be given away, probably to a Turkish club.

Master Splinter
05-05-2019, 05:29 PM
Emery had a shocker for the Palace game, but since then the players have almost clocked off.

Just beyond dreadful in the league recently and nearly everyone is equally culpable.

Taylor was the only thing worse than Arsenal.

SMatthews
05-05-2019, 05:31 PM
Total complacency. Game was there to win and they just thought they could cruise through.

Wasn’t a penalty for them though.

Maestro
05-05-2019, 05:33 PM

Ozil must go, even if he literally has to be given away, probably to a Turkish club.
Surely that has to be the question now, who do we keep and not who we let go, we’ve been atrocious

Letters
05-05-2019, 05:33 PM
Wasn’t a penalty for them though.

It was soft but why is Xhaka laying a hand on him?
You’re asking for the player to go down and the ref to make a decision.

SMatthews
05-05-2019, 05:34 PM
It was soft but why is Xhaka laying a hand on him?
You’re asking for the player to go down and the ref to make a decision.

True, but that’s what refs are supposed to be there for. Anyway, the penalty isn’t the sole reason for the draw.

Master Splinter
05-05-2019, 05:35 PM
Most damningly of all, we will probably finish behind Man United.

:ilt:

Letters
05-05-2019, 05:36 PM
On FB:

“Join us LIVE from Emirates Stadium for our lap of appreciation…

…plus a guard of honour for some of our departing stars “

Yeah. Fuck off.

SMatthews
05-05-2019, 05:38 PM
Surely that has to be the question now, who do we keep and not who we let go, we’ve been atrocious

There’s a limit to what can be changed in one window, especially when Sanllehi thinks the January window is pointless.

Bumble
05-05-2019, 05:40 PM
not over yet spurs could still lose 4-0 and we win 4-0 and that's enough.

I still think we should keep Welbeck as it would allow us to focus on the many other areas of the team.

Master Splinter
05-05-2019, 05:45 PM
Lose to Valencia.

Finish 6th.

Watford win the FA Cup.

Start season in July.

topgun
05-05-2019, 05:47 PM

Keep: Leno,Bellerin,Holding,Laca and Auba.Bin the rest.

Bumble
05-05-2019, 05:47 PM
Lose to Valencia.

Finish 6th.

Watford win the FA Cup.

Start season in July.

the players deserve it, but worse we could lose to Chelsea!!!

Bumble
05-05-2019, 05:48 PM

Koscielny? AMN? Mustafi?

Globalgunner
05-05-2019, 05:50 PM
My only consolation ios knowing that given the opportunity to play this season all over again. These assholes would do everything exactly the same way. Clueless in attack , non existent midfield, shambles in defence. I would keep only Leno, Sokratis and the kids Guen Torr and Holding. Sell the rest. They are shit. Auba is gash, his goals have meant little

topgun
05-05-2019, 05:53 PM
Just watching Ramsey giving a very emotional interview.

Master Splinter
05-05-2019, 05:53 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzFaTP6Lk_A

Letters
05-05-2019, 05:55 PM
Just watching Ramsey giving a very emotional interview.

One of the few players who emerges from this season with any credit.
We should have kept him.
Wish him well.

21_GOONER_SALUTE
05-05-2019, 05:56 PM
I'd said it after the Leicester game that as far as I was concerned no matter if Emery won all our games left plus Europa, this is a mediocre season for him.

At that time I didn't even imagine Spurs would lose again this weekend or Brighton would be safe and have nothing to play for. Despite all the heavenly handouts and 2nd,3rd,4th,5th chances we've had all season,this mangled creature that we now call Arsenal FC managed to do it again, in front of all the fans.

It's not even worth pointing out that the usual suspects are at fault again, whats the point when you know nothing will change and we have another know-it-all coach at the helm.

I just wonder when this nightmare ends and when we start making the right decisions.

Anyway, to the bloke who says we'll never drop out of the top 6, third year in a row we won't make top 4 and some of us warned that the AW mentality of entitlement and prioritizing it alone instead of trying to win the league or any other thing would result to what we now have. I'm sure he was one of the people who laughed that off.

I'll say it again, if we don't have a good summer in the transfer window and sort out this shitty defence, if the coach doesn't stop playing lost causes and finally if no ambition comes from on top, guys get ready for a healthy dose of mid-table suburbia, it's imminent.

AFC Leveller
05-05-2019, 05:57 PM
What a shit show of a season. We have had countless opportunities to finish 4th at least and every time we’ve blown it.

So much dross, so many players just there to make up the numbers and the club have shown no ambition or willingness to compete properly.

Can’t help but feel Valencia will dump us out of the Europa league and really rub it in.

SMatthews
05-05-2019, 05:58 PM
Anyway, to the bloke who says we'll never drop out of the top 6, third year in a row we won't make top 4 and some of us warned that the AW mentality of entitlement and prioritizing it alone instead of trying to win the league or any other thing would result to what we now have. I'm sure he was one of the people who laughed that off.

I'll say it again, if we don't have a good summer in the transfer window and sort out this shitty defence, if the coach doesn't stop playing lost causes and finally if no ambition comes from on top, guys get ready for a healthy dose of mid-table suburbia, it's imminent.
Yep, won’t happen.

21_GOONER_SALUTE
05-05-2019, 05:59 PM
One of the few players who emerges from this season with any credit.
We should have kept him.
Wish him well.

Couldn't agree more.

Hope they keep on winning when he gets there, his kids will love the medals.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
05-05-2019, 06:00 PM
Fuhking ****s!

Letters
05-05-2019, 06:02 PM
Can’t help but feel Valencia will dump us out of the Europa league and really rub it in.

Let’s not forget that the first Valencia game and both the Napoli ones were in the middle of this shit show of a league run.
They just seem to have given up in the league - which isn’t acceptable but this run has been punctuated by some very good performances in Europe.
I think we will get to the final but can see us losing to Chelsea :sick:

Marc Overmars
05-05-2019, 06:07 PM
I'm fucking livid.

This collapse is as embarrassing as anything we saw under Wenger. As many have said, this squad is littered with absolute losers. 4 points from 18 after being in the driving seat, how pathetic.

Emery can do one if we don't win the Europa League.

21_GOONER_SALUTE
05-05-2019, 06:07 PM

I'd add Torreira and AMN. Everyone else is more than replaceable.

Mac76
05-05-2019, 06:10 PM
Surely someone on here's gonna say, " no, it'll be fine, spuds'll choke, they always do" :haha: :rolleyes:

Mac76
05-05-2019, 06:12 PM
not over yet spurs could still lose 4-0 and we win 4-0 and that's enough.

Oh, i see someone did ...

:haha: :haha: :haha:

21_GOONER_SALUTE
05-05-2019, 06:12 PM
Let’s not forget that the first Valencia game and both the Napoli ones were in the middle of this shit show of a league run.
They just seem to have given up in the league - which isn’t acceptable but this run has been punctuated by some very good performances in Europe.
I think we will get to the final but can see us losing to Chelsea :sick:

That if Chelsea even make it past Frankfurt.

I do think we'll get to the final (mainly because the coach knows Valencia inside out) but still don't know if we stand a better chance against the Chavs or the Germans.

Though it would definitely be more embarrassing now to lose to the Chavs in the final now that they've got top 4 sorted- in fact I'm sure now I'd prefer Frankfurt.

Marc Overmars
05-05-2019, 06:15 PM
The final is a coin toss of a match.

Prioritising that was a stupid move. We simply have to win it now or else we are going to look even more pathetic than we already do.

Mac76
05-05-2019, 06:15 PM
Koscielny? AMN? Mustafi?

Oh, i see you're a troll... :rolleyes:

Letters
05-05-2019, 06:26 PM
The final is a coin toss of a match.

Prioritising that was a stupid move. We simply have to win it now or else we are going to look even more pathetic than we already do.

If we don't get to the final then I'm going to throw my toys into the Emery Out pram.
Seriously.
There have been some promising signs this season but that was true in pretty much every Wenger season.
So far this has been no better than a Wenger season, the only difference is people have a bit more patience because Emery is new.
I wasn't expecting miracles this year but this run when we had so many fucking chances to get into the top 4 has been pathetic.
Collapse on Thursday too and Emery can fuck right off.

Marc Overmars
05-05-2019, 06:38 PM
If we don't get to the final then I'm going to throw my toys into the Emery Out pram.
Seriously.
There have been some promising signs this season but that was true in pretty much every Wenger season.
So far this has been no better than a Wenger season, the only difference is people have a bit more patience because Emery is new.
I wasn't expecting miracles this year but this run when we had so many fucking chances to get into the top 4 has been pathetic.
Collapse on Thursday too and Emery can fuck right off.

Agreed.

Any improvements we think we've seen are marginal at best. Now all is said and done this is a season no different to what Wenger would have delivered, domestically at least. I'm still holding out hope that Emery's Europa League pedigree will pull us through but I can't say I have much faith right now.

Just sick of this weak team and the constant disappointments. No one builds you up only to let you down like Arsenal do.

Gooner23
05-05-2019, 07:46 PM
Willing to give Emery the benefit of the doubt but if next season sees no tangible progress we need to get rid and move on. Major squad rebuild needed but can't really see it happening for various reasons.

Chippy
05-05-2019, 07:50 PM

None. And we need a new Manager as well.
****s, the lot of them.

Marc Overmars
05-05-2019, 08:03 PM
Genuinely think there are only 6 or 7 salvageable players in this squad.

The majority are not fit to wear the shirt and haven’t shown anything to suggest they have what it takes to get this team moving forward again.

Even the players I do rate, I’m not sure I’d even be sorry to see the back of them if it really came to it. It’s so hard to like this team, they don’t have many redeeming qualities.

Gooner23
05-05-2019, 08:54 PM
Genuinely think there are only 6 or 7 salvageable players in this squad.

The majority are not fit to wear the shirt and haven’t shown anything to suggest they have what it takes to get this team moving forward again.

Even the players I do rate, I’m not sure I’d even be sorry to see the back of them if it really came to it. It’s so hard to like this team, they don’t have many redeeming qualities.

The only ones in the current squad I really rate are Leno, Bellerin, Holding, Torreira, Laca and Auba.

Kos and Monreal have been decent servants but on the way down now. Some of the youngsters like AMN and Guendozi have shown promise but still unconvincing at times.

The rest could all fuck off tomorrow and I wouldn't care.

Xhaka Can’t
05-05-2019, 08:57 PM
I don’t have a great deal of faith in Emery’s capacity to improve this team.

Then again, I have even less faith in the ownership’s willingness to appoint and subsequently provide adequate support to a new manager to arrest and turn around the clear and accelerating decline of this Club.

Marc Overmars
05-05-2019, 09:18 PM
The club have confirmed Welbeck is leaving as well.

Basically another 20m thrown away. No wonder the club doesn’t have a pot to piss in.

RomfordPele
05-05-2019, 09:21 PM
Emery will be gone by Christmas I hope.

If anything we’ve gone backwards over the last 12 months and we now play terrible football to boot.

Chippy
05-05-2019, 10:09 PM
Emery will be gone by Christmas I hope.

If anything we’ve gone backwards over the last 12 months and we now play terrible football to boot.
:gp:

Letters
05-05-2019, 10:42 PM
We haven't gone backwards. It's just more stagnation.

fakeyank
06-05-2019, 12:40 AM
This lot is a bunch of absolute fuckwits. Here are the players I would keep.. the rest just buy out their fucking contract or sell them for pennies on the dollar:
- Leno
- Martinez
- Papa
- AMN
- Kola
- Monreal
- Bellerin
- Kos
- Holding
- Mav
- Torreira
- Auba
- Laca
- Nelson
- Saka

Players I am okay keeping around:
- Guendozi (he just made the list because he is 19 and its his first season. Frankly I think he is shit)
- Mkhi (I think he has potential. One more season and thats it)

Players that absolutely need to go:
- Ozil
- Mustafi
- Chambers
- Xhaka
- Elneny
- Iwobi

Players who need to be given more chance or sent on loan:
- Willock
- Nketiah

Globalgunner
06-05-2019, 07:31 AM
The only players on the first list that anyone would offer you decent money for are: Leno. Bellerin, Torr, Holding and Laca. The rest are just place fillers with little worth an the pitch or in the market. We need to be real here. We are at an all time low. None of those other players will help get us out of it. In reality we need at least 12 players. If we can get 6 decent ones in the summer and 4 in the winter, next season may not end up looking exactly like this one. I am thoroughly fed up with Auba. His misses have been crucial this season.

Chippy
06-05-2019, 08:39 AM
Utter cunts

Whether you like AFTV or not, one of the Guys on there called Lee made a good point about why we moved away from Highbury? We are certainly not competing with Chelsea or City! Apparently we are getting £40m to spend in the summer. <_<

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
06-05-2019, 09:59 AM
The only players on the first list that anyone would offer you decent money for are: Leno. Bellerin, Torr, Holding and Laca. The rest are just place fillers with little worth an the pitch or in the market. We need to be real here. We are at an all time low. None of those other players will help get us out of it. In reality we need at least 12 players. If we can get 6 decent ones in the summer and 4 in the winter, next season may not end up looking exactly like this one. I am thoroughly fed up with Auba. His misses have been crucial this season.

I think Auba shouldn't get himself into scoring positions as much......that way he wouldn't be criticised for some of the chances he misses that nobody else would be in the position to score in the first place..... and appease the likes of you.

Globalgunner
06-05-2019, 10:11 AM
I think Auba shouldn't get himself into scoring positions as much......that way he wouldn't be criticised for some of the chances he misses that nobody else would be in the position to score in the first place..... and appease the likes of you.

Poor you. Didnt get yr AMN fix yesterday. Dont worry. Still 1 more game to go

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
06-05-2019, 10:15 AM
I was desperate for him to come on actually. Litchsteinwhateverhisnameis cutting the ball back every time and not beating his man was quickly tiresome.

Globalgunner
06-05-2019, 10:27 AM
I was desperate for him to come on actually. Litchsteinwhateverhisnameis cutting the ball back every time and not beating his man was quickly tiresome.

Litch should not have bothered trying to cross the ball. That way he couldnt be criticised for his lack of crossing ability by the likes of you

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
06-05-2019, 10:33 AM
:d

selassie
06-05-2019, 05:19 PM
I don’t have a great deal of faith in Emery’s capacity to improve this team.

Then again, I have even less faith in the ownership’s willingness to appoint and subsequently provide adequate support to a new manager to arrest and turn around the clear and accelerating decline of this Club.

I don’t have great faith in Emery either, he’s a decent enough coach but I don’t think he can take us to the next level. He very much feels like a “Europa League Winner / CL Spot Challenger” type coach. He is basically, he built his career on it.

Emery needs to deliver a Europa League win now after this disastrous end to season, nothing else is really acceptable.

Özim
06-05-2019, 06:09 PM
I don’t have great faith in Emery either, he’s a decent enough coach but I don’t think he can take us to the next level. He very much feels like a “Europa League Winner / CL Spot Challenger” type coach. He is basically, he built his career on it.

Emery needs to deliver a Europa League win now after this disastrous end to season, nothing else is really acceptable.

Agree with this, I never thought he was elite, a decent coach yes but not a guy who is going to have us winning league titles and CL trophies.

Has to be said he was left with a terrible squad and barely got any money to replace them, but having said that Emery has been slow to drop some of these guys, I wouldn't have had Xhaka or Mustafi within ten miles of the team, they're walking calamities always likely to cause a goal.

Lichsteiner though was an awful choice, never understood why we signed him in the 1st place.

Bumble
06-05-2019, 06:26 PM
Agree with this, I never thought he was elite, a decent coach yes but not a guy who is going to have us winning league titles and CL trophies.

Has to be said he was left with a terrible squad and barely got any money to replace them, but having said that Emery has been slow to drop some of these guys, I wouldn't have had Xhaka or Mustafi within ten miles of the team, they're walking calamities always likely to cause a goal.

Lichsteiner though was an awful choice, never understood why we signed him in the 1st place.
don't think any coach would be able to take us to league and CL winners. So hardly Emerys fault. the way we are structured and owned is stopping that. However, considering how prepared Emery was meant to be at interview, you would think he would have coached us to be better defensively or set us up to we can be more defensively secure. Which as we have 2 good strikers means we can play to be stronger at the back.

Lichsteiner was brought in for attitude which in the early days was raved about on here. Just now in hindsight he looks hopelessly out of his depth.