PDA

View Full Version : Newcastle United v The Arsenal, 14:00 BST, SS Main Event (10/08)

McNamara That Ghost...
08-08-2019, 07:24 PM
A new season begins!

Big Andy is back for Newcastle so that's us getting fucked over straight off the bat :doh:

Come on Arsenal. :bow:

Throw all the new signings in.

SMatthews
08-08-2019, 07:36 PM
Pepe got a nasty kick in training (probably Mustafi) but should be ok. As should Lacazette.

Think Willock is in with a shout. Ceballos prob on the bench. Luiz to start with Sok.

Glad we’re starting away, we need to keep improving and turning up away from home.

That said, if we’re looking at fourth then we’ll lose a good few games along the way and most of them will be away.

Marc Overmars
08-08-2019, 07:37 PM
Don’t really know what to expect if I’m honest. :lol:

At least David Luiz should go straight in.

We have to sort our away form out this year.

GP
08-08-2019, 08:04 PM
Big changes, all bets are off.

Make no mistake, this is Emery's team now, hes got to deliver

LDG
08-08-2019, 08:13 PM
5 nil to The Arsenal

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
08-08-2019, 08:59 PM
------------------Leno--------------------

AMN-------SOK------Louise-----Monreal

-----------Willock-----Xhaka-------------

Mhki--------------Ozil---------------Auba

----------------Lacazette------------------

No idea how fit / ready to start Ceballos, Tierney or Pepe is so will have to be the usual suspects.

Mac76
09-08-2019, 09:55 AM
i'd much rather have started with a home fixture, Newcastle away with Carroll up front is definitely a potential banana skin

i just hope we're solid, get decent possession and give Auba and Laca plenty of chances to do their thang

dazthegooner
09-08-2019, 10:51 AM
Think Carroll is injured (I know shocking if true)

SMatthews
09-08-2019, 11:06 AM
Yeah he has an ankle injury so won’t be in the squad.

Mac76
09-08-2019, 11:12 AM
Yeah he has an ankle injury so won’t be in the squad.

:haha:

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
09-08-2019, 12:41 PM
1-3 Arsenal.

fakeyank
09-08-2019, 01:20 PM

No idea how fit / ready to start Ceballos, Tierney or Pepe is so will have to be the usual suspects.

Where is Torreira bruh? I'd start him ahead of Willock, or play Willock in place of Ozil.

I'd also play Saka instead of Mkhi if Pepe is not ready.

Mac76
09-08-2019, 03:12 PM
Latest injury news from the club.

on Pepe they say: "Regaining full match fitness following late return from African Cup of Nations. Decision to be made on participation for Sunday." :shrug:

and if anyone's interested, it's the same for Elneny... :tumbleweed:

https://www.arsenal.com/news/team-news-lacazette-pepe-bellerin-holding

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
09-08-2019, 03:19 PM
Where is Torreira bruh? I'd start him ahead of Willock, or play Willock in place of Ozil.

I'd also play Saka instead of Mkhi if Pepe is not ready.

Torreira has barely trained. No way will Emery include him, particularly if you cast your mind back to the kid gloves he handled him with last season.

Mac76
09-08-2019, 03:26 PM
Torreira has barely trained. No way will Emery include him, particularly if you cast your mind back to the kid gloves he handled him with last season.

at the start of the season yes, but once Torreira did start playing, Emery ran him into the ground and he finshed the season playing fairly poorly as a result

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
09-08-2019, 04:14 PM
Be that as it may...... I don't expect to see him start Sunday.

Letters
09-08-2019, 05:01 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49299414

:rolleyes:

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
09-08-2019, 05:07 PM
Ridiculous.

SMatthews
09-08-2019, 05:09 PM
at the start of the season yes, but once Torreira did start playing, Emery ran him into the ground and he finshed the season playing fairly poorly as a result

Nonsense. He had a 3-4 week break in Feb/March when he was sent off and also didn’t play in any internationals during that break.

SMatthews
09-08-2019, 05:11 PM
Ridiculous.

Well, if there’s been retaliation - and let’s face it, millionaire footballers don’t exactly live in hiding, then it absolutely makes sense. We all saw Kola’s reaction so he’s hardly the scared type. Probably more to it than we know.

dazthegooner
09-08-2019, 05:33 PM
So not playing due to security reason's... Makes a change from Ozil's usual feeling unwell :sarcy:

dazthegooner
09-08-2019, 05:41 PM
Oh and Le-piss has predicted we will finish sixth so a top four finish it is then :jumpnana:

SMatthews
09-08-2019, 10:47 PM
Well, if there’s been retaliation - and let’s face it, millionaire footballers don’t exactly live in hiding, then it absolutely makes sense. We all saw Kola’s reaction so he’s hardly the scared type. Probably more to it than we know.

Apparently been a number of incidents near their homes over the past week. If so, their families come first which shouldn’t be disputed.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
10-08-2019, 06:16 AM
Does that mean they're housebound?

Can we not get private security to get them from home to the game? The police can do whatever their doing in any case and they can still do their jobs surely. Not trying to be an arse.....just surprised it has come to missing an actual game! The season't just started and we're off to a flyer.

Marc Overmars
10-08-2019, 07:46 AM
Think it’s a bit odd personally but I’m sure they wouldn’t have gone to this measure without good reason.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
10-08-2019, 07:57 AM

Revising my team....

If The Spanish kid is ready to start (and I've heard nothing suggesting he can't) Emery may just throw him in. He's been promised games, so has to squeeze them in somewhere. Equally wouldn't be surprised to see Guendouzi start with older brother Louise, so let the curly lock/fries fun and games begin.

Mhki-----------Ceballos------------Auba

SMatthews
10-08-2019, 08:04 AM
Does that mean they're housebound?

Can we not get private security to get them from home to the game? The police can do whatever their doing in any case and they can still do their jobs surely. Not trying to be an arse.....just surprised it has come to missing an actual game! The season't just started and we're off to a flyer.

To be honest if there was shit going on around my family the last thing I’d care about is my job. And if theyre on the pitch you can assume their minds would be elsewhere. We’re pretty privileged to know what is going on most of the time but there’s a lot we don’t know. Apparently Sky we’re reporting outside one of their homes after the incident, which probably didn’t help keeping the address secret. Retaliation isn’t that surprising from a gang made to stupid on camera.

I am invisible
10-08-2019, 09:41 AM
Douzi has to play whenever Luiz does - we need a decoy on the pitch who can take a red for the team whenever Luiz goes mental...

I am invisible
10-08-2019, 09:59 AM
Revising my team....

If The Spanish kid is ready to start (and I've heard nothing suggesting he can't) Emery may just throw him in. He's been promised games, so has to squeeze them in somewhere. Equally wouldn't be surprised to see Guendouzi start with older brother Louise, so let the curly lock/fries fun and games begin.

Mhki-----------Ceballos------------Auba

I’d love to think Emery would have the bottle to play Nelson or Martinelli over Mkhi, but I reckon you’re probably right on that one *sigh*

Do you think Luiz will be ready to go straight in after 2-3 days at the club? I wouldn’t be surprised if Chambers got the nod...

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
10-08-2019, 11:09 AM
To be honest if there was shit going on around my family the last thing I’d care about is my job. And if theyre on the pitch you can assume their minds would be elsewhere. We’re pretty privileged to know what is going on most of the time but there’s a lot we don’t know. Apparently Sky we’re reporting outside one of their homes after the incident, which probably didn’t help keeping the address secret. Retaliation isn’t that surprising from a gang made to stupid on camera.

I'm a contractor so I would absolutely make sure they are safe. Then get my arse to work.

Hope whatever is going on is sorted soon and that most importantly those bozos don't get to harm anybody.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
10-08-2019, 11:12 AM
I’d love to think Emery would have the bottle to play Nelson or Martinelli over Mkhi, but I reckon you’re probably right on that one *sigh*

Do you think Luiz will be ready to go straight in after 2-3 days at the club? I wouldn’t be surprised if Chambers got the nod...

I think it is a risk in terms of familiarity but I think we might just need to accept that. If Sokratis' English really is that bad though, then I suppose being with Luiz won't make much difference on the communication front.

I'm really not sold on Nelson and haven't seen enough of Martinelli but Mhki is so hit and miss I'd welcome seeing others play.

I am invisible
10-08-2019, 11:45 AM
I think it is a risk in terms of familiarity but I think we might just need to accept that. If Sokratis' English really is that bad though, then I suppose being with Luiz won't make much difference on the communication front.

I'm really not sold on Nelson and haven't seen enough of Martinelli but Mhki is so hit and miss I'd welcome seeing others play.
I’ve seen Nelson look brilliant and I’ve seen him look anonymous - not sure which one we’d get, but I’d rather chuck him in as an unpredictable wildcard than go with Mkhi who is utterly predictable and who we know will be anonymous if we play him on the wing.

I think I’d lean towards Martinelli over both though - haven’t seen a great deal of him in an Arsenal shirt yet, but he’s looked focussed and dangerous in the few minutes I have seen from him. I think he might be first-team ready (or very close to)?

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
10-08-2019, 12:22 PM
As frustrating as he is, suppose we can't have Mhki and Ozil ducking games all season simply because of how much we pay them.....and Mhki was the best player for us for a solid month and a half / 2 months last season so he's capable of turning it on.

Don't think Nelson or Saka are of the level required to give regular games to though, so a bit gutted we lost Iwobi on that front.

I am invisible
10-08-2019, 03:28 PM
As frustrating as he is, suppose we can't have Mhki and Ozil ducking games all season simply because of how much we pay them.....and Mhki was the best player for us for a solid month and a half / 2 months last season so he's capable of turning it on.

Don't think Nelson or Saka are of the level required to give regular games to though, so a bit gutted we lost Iwobi on that front.
Their wages are more of an annoyance to me than anything now. At the start of the summer I was genuinely worried that they would hinder our ability to recruit, and leave us hopelessly reliant on having to pick the two of them each week. But as it turns out we’ve actually recruited really well, and we’ve ended up with plenty of other options to choose from, so I’m not nearly as bothered about it as I was.

The principle of it still rankles, of course, but I’m way past the point where I’m expecting to see any kind of value for money from them. I really hope it’s not a factor that Emery has to consider when picking a team - that should have been what his first season was all about.

For what it’s worth, I don’t think the younger players like Nelson and Saka are starting-quality yet either, and I’m sure they’ll have plenty of games to forget along the way, but I will say this for them: at the very least, I expect them to be eager to impress and to look busy when given a chance. Plus we’d actually be working towards something with them, developing potential. I can live with either Özil or Mkhi as a no.10, but I just don’t see where we’re going or what we’re hoping to achieve with them as wingers.

McNamara That Ghost...
10-08-2019, 03:31 PM
Lacazette and Pepe were both training with the main group, David Luiz also.

Funny photo where it looks like Sokratis is incredulous somehow Mustafi is still here.

https://www.arsenal.com/news/first-team-prepare-premier-league-opener

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
10-08-2019, 04:17 PM
Their wages are more of an annoyance to me than anything now. At the start of the summer I was genuinely worried that they would hinder our ability to recruit, and leave us hopelessly reliant on having to pick the two of them each week. But as it turns out we’ve actually recruited really well, and we’ve ended up with plenty of other options to choose from, so I’m not nearly as bothered about it as I was.

The principle of it still rankles, of course, but I’m way past the point where I’m expecting to see any kind of value for money from them. I really hope it’s not a factor that Emery has to consider when picking a team - that should have been what his first season was all about.

For what it’s worth, I don’t think the younger players like Nelson and Saka are starting-quality yet either, and I’m sure they’ll have plenty of games to forget along the way, but I will say this for them: at the very least, I expect them to be eager to impress and to look busy when given a chance. Plus we’d actually be working towards something with them, developing potential. I can live with either Özil or Mkhi as a no.10, but I just don’t see where we’re going or what we’re hoping to achieve with them as wingers.

I'm happy to see Mhki get a mini run wide whilst we are integrating late arrivals into the team and or/ determining go to formations but I'm probably in a minority.

I think Saka could have done with a loan but our wide options could easily be;

Aubu
Pepe
Martinelli
Nelson

and I'd be fine with that.

Saka may still yet go out on loan though I suppose as may others.

McNamara That Ghost...
10-08-2019, 04:23 PM
Is the loan window still open for outgoings? I can't find anything to suggest that it is.

SMatthews
10-08-2019, 06:26 PM
Is the loan window still open for outgoings? I can't find anything to suggest that it is.

Think external loans last as long as each individual window.

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/blog-transfer-talk/story/3829489/when-does-the-transfer-window-close-premier-leagueserie-ala-ligabundesligaligue-1

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
10-08-2019, 06:29 PM
I assumed loaning abroad was the same as selling abroad. I haven't seen anything to suggest it isn't.

McNamara That Ghost...
10-08-2019, 06:33 PM
Ah yes it does seem to suggest they could still be loaned out.

I think only one of Nelson/Willock/Saka would be and even then I am doubtful.

Master Splinter
10-08-2019, 06:43 PM
Smith Rowe's probably the most likely to go on loan. It seems Leipzig really want him back, seeing as injury disrupted his last spell there. He also has Mkhitaryan/Ozil/Ceballos ahead of him, even if two of them are unwanted husks.

I'd probably be most disappointed to see Saka go. He always produces something in the final third and looks the most complete and confident of the academy players despite being the youngest.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
10-08-2019, 06:46 PM
Because of his injury I keep forgetting him!

Mac76
10-08-2019, 07:16 PM
Smith Rowe's probably the most likely to go on loan. It seems Leipzig really want him back, seeing as injury disrupted his last spell there. He also has Mkhitaryan/Ozil/Ceballos ahead of him, even if two of them are unwanted husks.

I'd probably be most disappointed to see Saka go. He always produces something in the final third and looks the most complete and confident of the academy players despite being the youngest.

Totallly agree, i'd love to see Emery give Saka a decent run of some kind to really test him out

I am invisible
10-08-2019, 08:07 PM
I'm happy to see Mhki get a mini run wide whilst we are integrating late arrivals into the team and or/ determining go to formations but I'm probably in a minority.

I think Saka could have done with a loan but our wide options could easily be;

Aubu
Pepe
Martinelli
Nelson

and I'd be fine with that.

Saka may still yet go out on loan though I suppose as may others.
After years of being utterly predictable, I’m hoping the above will give opponents a little more to think about - different options, different types of threat, different shapes and systems to play with.

I think I’m leaning towards wanting to keep Saka around this year? Play the numbers game with him and Nelson and Martinelli and see who wants it the most. Get a bit of friendly competition going between them. That way we don’t need any one of them to hit consistent, senior-level form straightaway - we just need one of them to be fired up when there’s a vacancy...

I am invisible
10-08-2019, 08:11 PM
I’d be happy to see ESR go out in loan this year - not sure what’s going to happen with Ceballos at the end of the season, so it makes sense to get him some first team experience at a high level so we have someone ready to step in...

I am invisible
11-08-2019, 08:29 AM
Got a feeling today might be a little frustrating - I think we’ll win, but I’m not sure how much we’ll get to see in the way of progression from last year’s side yet? Maybe a change of shape, but it might look slightly off balance depending on the players we start. Could be some interesting options on the bench though.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
11-08-2019, 10:28 AM
All 5'8 of Tierney broke the standing jump record injured. Can we not just start him in this game?

:d

McNamara That Ghost...
11-08-2019, 11:37 AM
Sky's programme starts at 1pm.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-08-2019, 12:03 PM
Souness, Mourinho and Neville in the studio.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-08-2019, 12:04 PM
Barcodes: Dubravka, Manquillo, Schar, Lascelles, Dummett, Ritchie, Hayden, Longstaff, Shelvey, Almiron, Joelinton.
Subs: Darlow, Clark, Fernandez, Krafth, Willems, Saint-Maximin, Muto.

Arsenal: Leno, Matiland-Niles, Chambers, Sokratis, Monreal, Guendouzi, Xhaka, Mkhitaryan, Willock, Nelson, Aubameyang.
Subs: Martinez, David Luiz, Torreira, Ceballos, Pepe, Martinelli, Lacazette.

Great for Willock and Nelson. :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
11-08-2019, 12:07 PM
Spuds are automatically third for some reason according to the Sky zombies.

dostoy
11-08-2019, 12:08 PM
Look at the 3 idiots in midfield and Monreal as well.

No new players, just 2 boys playing from the start.

This is going to be a struggle.

GP
11-08-2019, 12:14 PM
Mustafi not even in the squad.

AFC Leveller
11-08-2019, 12:14 PM
Chambers is dodgy as, he was a decent RB when he first joined but he is no CB.

Not the most solid looking team but hopefully Tye bar codes are just as flaky.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-08-2019, 12:19 PM
Mustafi not even in the squad.

He's probably still chasing after the team bus.

21_GOONER_SALUTE
11-08-2019, 12:36 PM
Not sure I'm happy to see 4 of our strongest players on the bench (Laca, Torreirra, Luiz and Pepe), especially the latter 2 as I think it's les pressure for new players to make their debut away than at home.

Anyway all the best, I really hope the youngins take their chances and Mhki tries to prove to us that he isn't finished and still gives a shit.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-08-2019, 12:39 PM
Great build-up to our game hearing Souness, Neville and Mourinho drone on about Man Utd when they'll have have half an hour to do so before their game later on.

Mac76
11-08-2019, 12:40 PM
Barcodes: Dubravka, Manquillo, Schar, Lascelles, Dummett, Ritchie, Hayden, Longstaff, Shelvey, Almiron, Joelinton.
Subs: Darlow, Clark, Fernandez, Krafth, Willems, Saint-Maximin, Muto.

Arsenal: Leno, Matiland-Niles, Chambers, Sokratis, Monreal, Guendouzi, Xhaka, Mkhitaryan, Willock, Nelson, Aubameyang.
Subs: Martinez, David Luiz, Torreira, Ceballos, Pepe, Martinelli, Lacazette.

Great for Willock and Nelson. :bow:

That Arsenal bench is ridiculous! :) four new signings plus Torreira and Laca

'Arsenal with options to make impact substitions' shock :o :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
11-08-2019, 12:41 PM
It is chucking it down in Newcastle. :lol:

dostoy
11-08-2019, 12:47 PM
It is chucking it down in Newcastle. :lol:

If that's the case then Ozil wouldn't have played anyway as his hair would get wet.

Then he might get a cold and be out for a month.

Its a good job he is not playing.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-08-2019, 12:47 PM
Gary Neville is an absolute turd.

Mac76
11-08-2019, 12:50 PM
If that's the case then Ozil wouldn't have played anyway as his hair would get wet.

Then he might get a cold and be out for a month.

Its a good job he is not playing.

to see some of the media coverage you'd think him and Kola had been pulling up trees all last season rather than showing at best indifferent form

While i agree there's just a chance the changes in the squad might cause Ozil to find some better form, we've enough younger talent and new signings to do perfectly well wiithout him.

and with Tierney to come in soon at LB, as long as Monreal's in decent shape Kola's not a huge loss either

Mac76
11-08-2019, 12:52 PM
Gary Neville is an absolute turd.

menwhile i've been told the pope is catholic and that bears defecate in areas with a high density of trees...

McNamara That Ghost...
11-08-2019, 12:55 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMf4OtC7SXY

McNamara That Ghost...
11-08-2019, 12:57 PM
Damien from Only Fools and Horses just entered the building.

Thierrymon
11-08-2019, 12:57 PM
Great to see Willock and Nelson getting a start. We have a strong bench today.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
11-08-2019, 12:59 PM
Not crazy about the line up but up the Arse.

GP
Joe Linton

Thierrymon
Miserable looking weather.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-08-2019, 01:00 PM
It doesn't seem right us playing in our away kit at St. James.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-08-2019, 01:01 PM
Well done Chambers, saw it away from Almiron comfortably.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-08-2019, 01:02 PM
Xhaka giving it away #1.

Thierrymon
11-08-2019, 01:05 PM
Newcastle pressing high.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-08-2019, 01:05 PM
Someone dropped their ankle tag?

McNamara That Ghost...
11-08-2019, 01:11 PM
Joe Linton with a GHEL pub touch.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-08-2019, 01:11 PM
Guendouzi giving them a good kicking. :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
11-08-2019, 01:12 PM
Xhaka gives it away #2.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-08-2019, 01:13 PM
Willock cynically brought down by Cher.

Why no yellow?

McNamara That Ghost...
11-08-2019, 01:14 PM
Awful touch from Aubameyang.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-08-2019, 01:15 PM
Prime Athleteball from AMN. :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
11-08-2019, 01:16 PM
Mkhitaryan gives it away.

Joe Linton heads it wide.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-08-2019, 01:17 PM
Almiron, diving little shit. Booked.

Thierrymon
11-08-2019, 01:17 PM
Mikky giving the ball away a lot today. Almost cost us there.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-08-2019, 01:19 PM
Shelvey hammers it, hits the post!

LDG
11-08-2019, 01:21 PM
Auba has the touch of a rapist today

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
11-08-2019, 01:22 PM
Usual suspects with the unforced errors.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-08-2019, 01:23 PM
Mkhitaryan send it sky high!

RomfordPele
11-08-2019, 01:23 PM
Get the subs on already!

McNamara That Ghost...
11-08-2019, 01:24 PM
Nelson booked. :bow:

Gooner23
11-08-2019, 01:25 PM
Mkhitaryan send it sky high!

His shooting is diabolically bad, and getting worse!

McNamara That Ghost...
11-08-2019, 01:26 PM
Leno saves from Joe Linton

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
11-08-2019, 01:27 PM
Nelson with the Xhaka leg out.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-08-2019, 01:29 PM
Xhaka. :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
11-08-2019, 01:30 PM
Auba shot, Dubravka saves.

Corner.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-08-2019, 01:31 PM
Not a good corner, sails out of play.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
11-08-2019, 01:33 PM
Willock carrying on the preseason form as our best player.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-08-2019, 01:36 PM
Mkhitaryan booked. :lol:

Not a good half.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-08-2019, 01:37 PM
Dubravka gifts us a throw-in.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-08-2019, 01:38 PM
Xhaka gives it away #3.

Thierrymon
11-08-2019, 01:40 PM
Almiron looks like a tweaker. Freaky looking dude.

I am invisible
11-08-2019, 01:41 PM
Not watching it - kids etc - but it sounds like there’s no surprise about who our two worst players are?

LDG
11-08-2019, 01:45 PM
Rubbish so far

McNamara That Ghost...
11-08-2019, 01:46 PM
Utterly dreadful from Mkhitaryan.

LDG
11-08-2019, 01:46 PM
Miki is dire

McNamara That Ghost...
11-08-2019, 01:47 PM
0-0 HT.

Halves can't get much worse than that quality wise.

Thierrymon
11-08-2019, 01:47 PM
Reckon we will sub mikky at half time?

LDG
11-08-2019, 01:48 PM

Hope so. He’s dreadful.

dostoy
11-08-2019, 01:48 PM
Mkhitaryan is another Wenger idiot that needs replacing.

It is as if the summer has never happened, its a follow on from the end of last season so far.

dazthegooner
11-08-2019, 01:49 PM
Reckon we will shoot mikky at half time?

:good:

Mac76
11-08-2019, 01:50 PM

we definitely should - he was awful - got to say Auba wasn't much better - i'd be tempted to swap them both out at HT

Gooner23
Very much a last season team with a last season performance so far. Looking forward to the new players getting going and hopefully the regular weak links will get phased out.

Willock looks bright but would like to see him get a bit more involved.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
Don't think Nelson has been anything to write home about neither.

21_GOONER_SALUTE
11-08-2019, 01:52 PM
Hope so. He’s dreadful.

The sad thing is he's behind the best and the worst things we've done this half. If only Ozil and him could actually concentrate and be hungry for the game, they would truly be class.

Anyway, who can come on, take this game by neck and change things creatively for us??

Master Splinter
11-08-2019, 01:54 PM
Mkhitaryan has been Eboooooooue-level pitiful. Setting up Auba was the only thing he got right.

Atkinson has booked two Arsenal players despite only one being a foul. Newcastle have been getting away with cynical tugs and fouls everywhere. With old cunts like Atkinson, it has to be cheating. There's no debate.

Xhaka Can’t
11-08-2019, 01:55 PM
The end of season form continues on to the new.

It’s consistent I suppose.

21_GOONER_SALUTE
11-08-2019, 01:56 PM
Wilock has been great BTW, really really good.

Nelson, well kind of average so far. But I think both of them would have offered more if Mkhi had really gotten hold of this game or if Xhaka offered more. Oh well... I think we really need Laca on ASAP to get some sort of scrappy goal to hopefully win this

I am invisible
11-08-2019, 01:58 PM
To be fair, we are bout 7 or 8 players away from our best XI, so it’s not like we’re stuck with this shite all year...

Gooner23
11-08-2019, 01:59 PM
I think Nelson is struggling, maybe trying a bit too hard to impress so hopefully he'll settle down a bit. Really want him to do well so Mhiki is pushed out completely.

Thierrymon
11-08-2019, 02:02 PM
Mikky still on for the second half...

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
11-08-2019, 02:03 PM
Would have preferred if Martinelli or Saka started over Nelson.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-08-2019, 02:03 PM
No changes yet.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-08-2019, 02:06 PM
Dubravka booting it out of play for us again.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-08-2019, 02:07 PM
Great run from Mkhitaryan, god awful pass again.

LDG
11-08-2019, 02:08 PM
Get him off!

McNamara That Ghost...
11-08-2019, 02:09 PM
Auba shot, just deflects over.

Great run.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-08-2019, 02:10 PM
Glance from Xhaka, Willock somehow misses it.

Xhaka Can’t
11-08-2019, 02:11 PM
Mkhitarayan isnt even as silky smooth as his name sounds.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-08-2019, 02:11 PM
Shelvey off, Willems on. :unsure:

McNamara That Ghost...
11-08-2019, 02:15 PM
Leno following Dubravka's lead.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-08-2019, 02:15 PM
AUBAMEYANG!!!! COME ON!!!!

Thierrymon
11-08-2019, 02:16 PM
Auba@!!!!

Nice work AMN.

Maestro
11-08-2019, 02:17 PM
this newcastle team, in current form, is one of the worst sides we'll face

come on let's hammer them

McNamara That Ghost...
11-08-2019, 02:18 PM
Er Willock?

McNamara That Ghost...
11-08-2019, 02:19 PM
Why didn't that berk Atkinson play on?

dostoy
Why do Arsenal celebrate like they have won the league ?

Celebrate like that at the end of the match not when there is 35 mins to go.

Hate Auba's celebration as well, if he landed wrongly on either ankle he would be out for weeks.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
Who was saying to take Auba off?

Master Splinter
11-08-2019, 02:21 PM
Atkinson will book a Barcode in the 95th minute for his twelfth bookable offence. Absolute twat.

McNamara That Ghost...
Sexy turning from Nelson there.

LDG
Come on lads lets have another

McNamara That Ghost...
11-08-2019, 02:22 PM
Willock is the one to get the hook, Ceballos on.

Bit weird.

Thierrymon
Debut for Ceballos. On for Willock who has been good.

McNamara That Ghost...
Sexy flick from Ceballos to give it away straight away. :lol:

I am invisible
11-08-2019, 02:23 PM
Who was saying to take Auba off?
Never take Auba off. Play him until he dies on the pitch!

McNamara That Ghost...
11-08-2019, 02:24 PM
Longstaff off, Saint-Maximin on.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-08-2019, 02:25 PM
Good cross from Saint-Maximin.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-08-2019, 02:25 PM
We were not alive to that corner routine.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-08-2019, 02:28 PM
Rough tackle from Saint-Maximin.

McNamara That Ghost...
Pepe coming on! :bow:

Thierrymon
Nasty tackle on Xhaka.

McNamara That Ghost...
Nelson off, Pepe on.

Emery on the WUM, Mkhi still out there. :lol:

LDG
11-08-2019, 02:29 PM
Pepe :bow:

Thierrymon
11-08-2019, 02:32 PM
Ceballos looks off the pace. Really poor so far.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-08-2019, 02:35 PM
AMN doing his best to undo the good work of the goal.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-08-2019, 02:38 PM
Xhaka with his customary yellow.

Somehow the Barcodes avoided one.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-08-2019, 02:39 PM
Edu and Don Raul in the stand. :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
11-08-2019, 02:42 PM
Mkhitaryan off, Martinelli on. :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
Gives it away straight up. :haha:

Thierrymon
Xhaka has been really good this second half. Martinelli on for Mikky.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-08-2019, 02:43 PM
Well done AMN.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-08-2019, 02:44 PM
Cher. :lol:

Over it goes.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-08-2019, 02:46 PM
Joe Linton. :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
11-08-2019, 02:48 PM
Four added minutes.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-08-2019, 02:50 PM
Pepe's feint. :cloud9:

McNamara That Ghost...
11-08-2019, 02:52 PM
Barcodes 0-1 The Arsenal, FT!

Grinding it out. :bow:

Sign of Champions. :bow:

Auba. :bow:

Thierrymon
11-08-2019, 02:53 PM
FT 1-0. Good result given our weakened side.

dazthegooner
11-08-2019, 02:53 PM
An away win and a clean sheet :faint:

I am invisible
11-08-2019, 02:54 PM
1 game without Mustafi, 1 clean sheet.

Maestro
11-08-2019, 02:55 PM
clean sheet
away win

i'll take that anyday.

can do better of course, but the win was most important today given the selection and away form over the last couple of years.

onwards and upwards

Mac76
11-08-2019, 02:56 PM
3 points - banana skin avoided...

overall a decent effort under the circumstances, but Mkhi was awful adn hopefully won't be starting again for a while

couple of dodgy touches from Ceballos but i liked the look of Pepe

also thought Chambers did well and would be happy to see Luiz used as an alternative to Xhaka rather than at CB

Master Splinter
11-08-2019, 02:56 PM
Mkhitaryan was decent in the second half.

For once, AMN didn't undo his good work with idiocy.

Atkinson was an absolute cheat, as expected.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
11-08-2019, 03:05 PM
Never take Auba off. Play him until he dies on the pitch!

Or at least till we bloody score!

LDG
11-08-2019, 03:10 PM
Dozi was great today. AMN and Chambers also good.

Miki was shite.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
11-08-2019, 03:12 PM
I feel like Chambers was steady today.....but could have one of those Mustafish moments in him.

Mhki was hit and miss like he always is. As someone mentioned in the first half, he is almost involved in all the best and worst moments of the game. I don't feel like the alternatives are so good they jump ahead though. Willock should keep his place....athletic, defensively switched on and doesn't put you in the crap out of nowhere. Really impressed with him with time.

I am invisible
11-08-2019, 03:27 PM
Or at least till we bloody score!
No! Not even then!

I am invisible
11-08-2019, 03:29 PM
Dozi was great today. AMN and Chambers also good.

Miki was shite.
Easy to forget how young Douzi still is, the way he breezed into the side last year - got a lot more to look forward to from him this year...

I am invisible
11-08-2019, 03:30 PM
I feel like Chambers was steady today.....but could have one of those Mustafish moments in him.

Mhki was hit and miss like he always is. As someone mentioned in the first half, he is almost involved in all the best and worst moments of the game. I don't feel like the alternatives are so good they jump ahead though. Willock should keep his place....athletic, defensively switched on and doesn't put you in the crap out of nowhere. Really impressed with him with time.
Where we’re Mkhi and Willock playing today? Who was in the middle and who was wide?

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
11-08-2019, 03:35 PM
Mhki wide right and Willock top of the midfield 3 (I think).