PDA

View Full Version : Match Reaction v Eintracht Frankfurt (away).

McNamara That Ghost...
19-09-2019, 06:49 PM
Well done kids.

Saka MotM obviously.

Very good moments from Willock too of course.

Auba pubbing it around for a lot of the time shooting wise but got the goal in the end, he did very well in a lone striker role overall though.

Most of the game though, no control whatsoever. :lol:

Master Splinter
19-09-2019, 06:55 PM
Saka and Willock should be almost permanent fixtures in the team.

Not just because of one Europa League game but because they look like the best options in their positions and their performances should be rewarded.

Letters
19-09-2019, 06:55 PM
A clean sheet! :faint:

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
19-09-2019, 07:01 PM
Stupid kick off time meant I caught from 62 mins onwards. Great performance by Saka. He at times looks like a little kid lost (just his size really) and then he suddenly comes to life. Love the fact that like Ceballos he will put a foot in and it often pays off.

Lovely to see that with last seasons first choice midfield pair we still look soooo porous in the middle.

McNamara That Ghost...
19-09-2019, 07:02 PM
A clean sheet! :faint:

Mustafi singlehandedly kept a clean sheet.

Marc Overmars
19-09-2019, 07:08 PM
Missed the game but great result.

Saka looked excellent from the highlights.

Gooner23
19-09-2019, 07:20 PM
Saka is a great prospect, I think he could overtake Nelson in the pecking order this season. Not as flashy but just seems to be more effective.

Defence were totally exposed once again and very fortunate to keep a clean sheet. Martinez was very good.

Some great counterattacking throughout the game though and hopefully a big confidence booster for the players.

fakeyank
19-09-2019, 07:42 PM
Mustafi fighting his way to become no.1 CB in the universe! :bow:

I have been calling for Saka, ESR and Willock to be given more game time over the regular pieces of shit. If Emery still continues with his failed players, then shame on him.. replace him and make it a bad ebening.

fakeyank
19-09-2019, 07:48 PM
Also, Martinez looks more solid than Leno. If it werent for Leno's price tag, I think Martinez would be pipping him as the no.1 GK.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
19-09-2019, 08:18 PM
...waiting a minute....where the fuhk was Holding!?

Bumble
20-09-2019, 06:26 AM
...waiting a minute....where the fuhk was Holding!?

isnt he still recovering from injury.

we won, Martinez played well.

Gooner23
20-09-2019, 07:06 AM
He's probably being lined up for the league cup next week.

Globalgunner
20-09-2019, 07:46 AM
Chambers should play more. Luiz or Papa, should get more bench time. How did we come up with such a clusterfuck collection of CBs, Luiz, Papa and Mustafi.

Özim
20-09-2019, 10:29 AM
Chambers should play more. Luiz or Papa, should get more bench time. How did we come up with such a clusterfuck collection of CBs, Luiz, Papa and Mustafi.

Mainly being cheap and managers thinking they're uncovering some kinda undiscovered gem.

Özim
20-09-2019, 10:31 AM
Good result, the German league is weak other than Bayern and Dortmund, nonetheless good result for the kids, always good to see them getting a run out. I see somehow Xhaka still features though!

Letters
20-09-2019, 10:40 AM
I see somehow Xhaka still features though!
He needs the practice to be fair.

Mac76
20-09-2019, 11:53 AM
He needs the practice to be fair.

and it increases the chances of his getting a season-ending injury :satan:

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
20-09-2019, 12:48 PM
isnt he still recovering from injury.

we won, Martinez played well.

He's played 2/3 reserve games already!!

fakeyank
20-09-2019, 01:13 PM
Good result, the German league is weak other than Bayern and Dortmund, nonetheless good result for the kids, always good to see them getting a run out. I see somehow Xhaka still features though!

I think there has got to be a case study on why he gets picked with such regularity.. there is no way he would get picked in any other top team with such regularity.

Letters
20-09-2019, 01:23 PM
I think there has got to be a case study on why he gets picked with such regularity.. there is no way he would get picked in any other top team with such regularity.

Maybe it's a social experiment the club are conducting on the fans?

Mac76
20-09-2019, 01:28 PM

i hoped maybe they got bored with that after doing it with Wenger for so long... :lol:

Letters
20-09-2019, 01:32 PM
Maybe replacing Wenger with Emery and him still playing Xhaka and not sorting out the defence is part of the experiment :unsure:

Özim
20-09-2019, 02:39 PM
This club has a bit of a history with making bad decisions, maybe this is just the latest in a long line.

With Allegri not in a job at the moment, I'd personally be trying everything to get him in and get rid of Emery. Yes sure it would be good to give him until the end of the season, but if there's noone decent available when we get rid of him then, we'll end up with another Emery, better to get a proven replacement when he's available IMO.

Mac76
20-09-2019, 02:44 PM
This club has a bit of a history with making bad decisions, maybe this is just the latest in a long line.

With Allegri not in a job at the moment, I'd personally be trying everything to get him in and get rid of Emery. Yes sure it would be good to give him until the end of the season, but if there's noone decent available when we get rid of him then, we'll end up with another Emery, better to get a proven replacement when he's available IMO.

yeah i really hope they're doing that and at least sounding Allegri out somehow

fakeyank
20-09-2019, 02:45 PM

I think all these details and more are in Area 51.. time to storm it tbh.