27-09-2019, 10:36 AM
Emery out, that’s all I have to say.

Gooner23
27-09-2019, 10:41 AM
:doh:

Marc Overmars
27-09-2019, 10:41 AM
Great news.

Hopefully the captains curse continues and he buggers off soon.

Letters
27-09-2019, 10:47 AM
Isn't that the dude who literally got booed off in the last league game?

Dick Emery indeed...

GP
27-09-2019, 10:47 AM
Makes sense. He's hugely popular and respected in the dressing room.

AFC Leveller
27-09-2019, 10:54 AM
Isn't that the dude who literally got booed off in the last league game?

Dick Emery indeed...

It is indeed! Emery sure does confuse the hell out of the fans.

AFC Leveller
27-09-2019, 10:55 AM
Makes sense. He's hugely popular and respected in the dressing room.

And gives away fouls and penalties for fun while losing possession in dangerous areas of the pitch almost every game.

Gooner23
27-09-2019, 10:57 AM
And an absolute liability on the pitch. Reward for mediocrity, not a great message to the rest of the squad.

Thierrymon
27-09-2019, 11:19 AM
This was apparenty voted for by the team so its not just Emery who is to blame.

Mac76
27-09-2019, 11:50 AM
i can imagine the conversation:

Emery: "So team, you can vote for a captain - as you konw i have been picking Granit for every game and giving him the captaincy - of course you could vote for someone else... no...? Ok, Granit it is then..."

i wish i hadn't already put Emery Out in my sig so i could now add it...

Mac76
27-09-2019, 12:03 PM
It is indeed! Emery sure does confuse the hell out of the fans.

i'm not remotely confused - it's plain to see he's fuhking hopeless and needs to be sacked :angry:

McNamara That Ghost...
27-09-2019, 12:15 PM
It was a blind vote from the players wasn't it?

Letters
27-09-2019, 12:19 PM
It was a bland vote from the players wasn't it?

FYP

#notsurethatworks

Bumble
27-09-2019, 12:30 PM
maybe ozil didn't fancy it

Mac76
27-09-2019, 12:38 PM
It was a blind vote from the players wasn't it?

even if it was most players would go with the easy option of whoever had the armband already and was clearly the manager's favourite

and the whole idea of a vote is ridiculous and an example of how Emery doesn't have the gravitas to simply make the decision himself

i'm actually starting to seriously dislike him now

Mac76
27-09-2019, 12:43 PM
i hope Moan U win 8-0 with Xhaka giving away two penalties tbh

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
27-09-2019, 12:49 PM
i can imagine the conversation:

Emery: "So team, you can vote for a captain - as you konw i have been picking Granit for every game and giving him the captaincy - of course you could vote for someone else... no...? Ok, Granit it is then..."

i wish i hadn't already put Emery Out in my sig so i could now add it...
:lol: :lol: :lol: !

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
27-09-2019, 12:54 PM
I've long since felt the position of a captain is more a burden than anything else too. Emery has frustrated me with this, but what he is actually doing is placing undue pressure on a guy who is clearly one of his favourites.

The likelihood of him dropping Xhaka has diminished even further as he will be wary of undermining his own decision to name him captain.

The next manager to take over should really be asked what they think of Granit Xhaka as an opening interview question.

Mac76
27-09-2019, 01:18 PM
The next manager to take over should really be asked what they think of Granit Xhaka as an opening interview question.

or better still, they won't have to ask him because they'll have shipped Xhaka out along with Emery and Mustafi...

Letters
27-09-2019, 01:25 PM
and the whole idea of a vote is ridiculous and an example of how Emery doesn't have the gravitas to simply make the decision himself

Actually disagree with this. Another proof that democracy doesn't work but I don't think it's inherently a bad idea for the squad to self-select a captain.

dostoy
27-09-2019, 01:40 PM
i hope Moan U win 8-0 with Xhaka giving away two penalties tbh

Don't be silly.

Who do you want to replace Emery ?

Letters
27-09-2019, 01:56 PM
Don't be silly.

Who do you want to replace Emery ?

Wenger In :bow:

:run:

dostoy
27-09-2019, 02:23 PM
I would rather have anyone instead of that incompetent French idiot, he was diabolical.

I like Emery.

Who else is there available at the moment ?

Letters
27-09-2019, 02:31 PM
I would rather have anyone instead of that incompetent French idiot
Yeah, that's what a lot of people were saying.
We've got anyone now, not loads better, is it?
No need to apologise.

dostoy
27-09-2019, 02:48 PM
I wasn't going to.

He had and still has got a few of the idiots that Wenger signed in his team.

There were so many, they cannot all go in 1 or even 2 summers.

He must be given until the end of this season at least, then we'll see.

Letters
27-09-2019, 02:57 PM
He has, but some of the idiots on here claimed that Wenger was so bad that any idiot would come in and immediately improve things.
Apology accepted.
But I vaguely agree we should wait till the end of the season. I'm disappointed that the obvious failings in defence have not been addressed and Emery's insistence on us playing it out from the back has already cost us points at Watford.
Recent clean sheets have been despite our defence, not because of it. But there's a long way to go this season and we do have other players coming back from injury.

Mac76
27-09-2019, 03:59 PM
no he needs to go as soon as possible.

he's playing the wrong payers in the wrong way - we all know we'll go to old shiteford, field a defensive team, play cautiously and lose against a team that's just a rabble right now

he's insisting on a complete moron not just as first on the team sheet but as captain.

not only is Xhaka shit and gives away goals, he's keeping a better player out who woud let the team play more coherently

as for managers, Allegri is available and tbh if we had to i'd be happy with Freddie as caretaker manager until we found the right person

but Emery is poison and has to go

we've some great players right now and he's going to underuse them, oor make them play with Xhaka and Luis and wasting what our better players can offer

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
27-09-2019, 04:22 PM
Things will improve by default. Good selection of players coming back that are less error prone and a decent run of fixtures and even Emery played Torreira further back in the last game.

I am invisible
27-09-2019, 05:10 PM
Why? Why does this club always have to sabotage itself in some way? What is this inexplicable need we have to play with some kind of self-inflicted handicap every week instead of just picking our best XI? Are we trying to make it more of a challenge or something?

Dennis Bergkamp, give me strength!

I am invisible
27-09-2019, 05:13 PM
Maybe we’re just trying to boost his prestige and value ahead of a January sale? Yeah, that must be it - it all makes total sense!

fakeyank
27-09-2019, 05:19 PM
Emery out

I am invisible
27-09-2019, 05:36 PM
Isn’t this the same guy who, a couple of weeks ago, chose to throw our forwards under the bus for missing too many chances against sp**s rather than accept responsibility for another one of his fuck ups?

AFC Leveller
27-09-2019, 10:06 PM
Absolutely nothing about him says captain material. He is a poor player, discipline is suspect, can’t tackle (Wenger said it wasn’t his strength) and has the turning cycle of a cement mixer.

Ralpheroo72
27-09-2019, 10:37 PM
This was apparenty voted for by the team so its not just Emery who is to blame.

Emery bottled making the decision, so he put it to the players. Awful captain.

Penguin
27-09-2019, 10:56 PM
Emery out

Yep. This is the last straw for me. Emery get the hell out.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
28-09-2019, 09:44 AM
He probably had an idea that the players would stick suit with captain marvel... and thereby add weight to his original decision but he has just brought more attention to the whole thing. Circus show aside my main concern isn’t the captaincy but that he seems to have Xhaka as undroppable in his mind.

dazthegooner
28-09-2019, 09:59 AM
Emery please pay the ransom for whatever member of your family Xhaka is holding hostage and put an end to this nonsense :whacky:

hobson's choice
28-09-2019, 11:33 AM
The fact that the players voted for him, shows what a loser mentality this club has.

It's over for this club. It's done

hobson's choice
28-09-2019, 11:38 AM
no he needs to go as soon as possible.

he's playing the wrong payers in the wrong way - we all know we'll go to old shiteford, field a defensive team, play cautiously and lose against a team that's just a rabble right now

he's insisting on a complete moron not just as first on the team sheet but as captain.

not only is Xhaka shit and gives away goals, he's keeping a better player out who woud let the team play more coherently

as for managers, Allegri is available and tbh if we had to i'd be happy with Freddie as caretaker manager until we found the right person

but Emery is poison and has to go

we've some great players right now and he's going to underuse them, oor make them play with Xhaka and Luis and wasting what our better players can offer

Even if Emery we still got the Barca idiots running things and they will probably bring another one of their Spanish amigos as a manager.

It's over, it was good while it lasted. Got to see a couple title runs and great football.

Thank you Arsenal

McNamara That Ghost...
28-09-2019, 11:44 AM
What? :lol:

Globalgunner
28-09-2019, 12:02 PM
Hopefully. We will see the back of both Emery and his Clunkersaurus of a captain at the end of this season. Talk about taking your own limb off at the joint. The man is an idiot.

Mac76
28-09-2019, 02:34 PM
Hopefully. We will see the back of both Emery and his Clunkersaurus of a captain at the end of this season. Talk about taking your own limb off at the joint. The man is an idiot.

hopefully a lot sooner than that

21_GOONER_SALUTE
29-09-2019, 06:20 PM
A truly horrendous decision and this should just strengthen the resolve of every gunner to get rid of this manager as soon as possible.

In fact I'm almost convinced Emery is a closeted masochist and we should all be tired of indulging him and these sick games he plays with our team.

We need to act fast as it's clear Man U' Solskjaer experiment will end soon and the only free top coach left , Allegri will soon be gone.