PDA

View Full Version : Match Reaction v Leicester (away).

McNamara That Ghost...
09-11-2019, 07:25 PM
Good ebening.

As the end result, went how all of us probably thought it would.

-1 goal difference.

Wonderful passing moves back to Leno through most of the match which just puts massive pressure on us when we decide to go forward.

Captaining a player against us in Fantasy Football was the simplest decision in history.

Worst start to a league season since 1982/1983.

Globalgunner
09-11-2019, 07:27 PM
Sooner we cut this man loose the better

Letters
09-11-2019, 07:28 PM
Wenger In!
:ninja:

dazthegooner
09-11-2019, 07:29 PM
Wenger In!

You go too far :censored:;)

Bumble
09-11-2019, 07:30 PM
fairly even for the first hour... but once they scored.... we didn't do a single thing. Leicester deserved it, scored 2 good goals.

we have 140m of attacking talent but it just seems that they have to do it on there own. what is the point of Guendouzi…. just think he needs to be learning from the bench that being first choice.

fair result.

Emery out.

Bumble
09-11-2019, 07:31 PM
Wenger In!

haha

the Leicester fans singing you are just a shit arsene wenger was a amusing.

Master Splinter
09-11-2019, 07:32 PM
He'll probably see holding out for so long as an achievement.

I can't even be bothered to write about how shit Lacazette and Ozil continue to be because even Henry and Pires would look like timid pubbers under this coach.

If Emery is still here in a couple of weeks, it will tell you everything about this club.

Marc Overmars
09-11-2019, 07:39 PM
So predictable. We suck absolute balls.

Has he gone yet?

McNamara That Ghost...
09-11-2019, 07:44 PM
Doubt he'll make it out of the car park.

Both Edu and Raul were there, which I don't remember seeing them for too many away games.

Letters
09-11-2019, 07:48 PM
the Leicester fans singing you are just a shit arsene wenger was a amusing.

:haha:

That’s pretty good.

Letters
09-11-2019, 07:51 PM
I can't even be bothered to write about how shit Lacazette and Ozil continue to be because even Henry and Pires would look like timid pubbers under this coach.

Pretty much word for word what people were saying about Wenger.
Along with how he was the worse manager around, anyone would do better, and...
:blah:

Marc Overmars
09-11-2019, 07:54 PM
Perfect time to sack him now with the break.

Give Freddie (or whoever) a little bit of time to hoover up some of the mess.

AFC Leveller
09-11-2019, 08:11 PM
Fairly alright (this is how far the bar has been set) first 60 minutes but as soon as they scored we looked dejected and more or less gave up. Leicester looked more committed in their challenges, we had some players who didn’t look comfortable in the system and some showed no ambition. Nobody wanted the ball and that’s why we gave away possession in the first half.

Overall, Emery out and bye bye top 4. Chelsea and Leicester look streets ahead of us.

dostoy
09-11-2019, 08:33 PM
He was better than Wenger last season but he has gone backwards.

Wenger was a terrible terrible manager in those last 2 years and I would never ever want him back but Emery has to go now.

Its very unlikely that Arsenal will be in the top 4 this season, the good news, is that Spuds probably won't as well even though VAR seems to be a Spud.

Letters
09-11-2019, 08:39 PM
https://i.ibb.co/RD9MxYW/EmeryOut.jpg

Letters
09-11-2019, 08:40 PM
Wenger was a terrible terrible manager in those last 2 years.

We won the FA Cup in one of those :lol:

dazthegooner
09-11-2019, 08:43 PM
https://i.ibb.co/RD9MxYW/EmeryOut.jpg

:haha:

dostoy
09-11-2019, 09:04 PM
We won the FA Cup in one of those :lol:

I know, but the fuck all cup means zero these days.

Wenger was diabolical and you know it.

You just cannot let it go.

Is there a Mrs Letters ?

I can't see a woman being grateful when reminded of all the things she has said in the past and you refusing to let it go.

fakeyank
09-11-2019, 09:08 PM
Pretty much word for word what people were saying about Wenger.
Along with how he was the worse manager around, anyone would do better, and...

Just let Wenger go bro.. he is gone.

Bumble
09-11-2019, 09:14 PM
With frozen 2 coming out soon. Seems appropriate suggesting to letters to tell him to let it go.

Letters
09-11-2019, 09:19 PM
Just let Wenger go bro.. he is gone.

As is your bullshit about how terrible he was and how anyone would do better and...

dostoy
09-11-2019, 09:26 PM
He WAS terrible.

He was a senile old fucker who could not motivate a team and hated spending money.

All he wanted to do was buy cheap shit players.

Emery did do better last season but he has gone backwards this season.

Globalgunner
09-11-2019, 09:26 PM
The last refuge of Letters now is being right about the fact there are worse managers out there.

Better than absolute dross. The title of Wenger's 2nd memoir.

dostoy
09-11-2019, 09:28 PM
As is your bullshit about how terrible he was and how anyone would do better and...

Do you want Wenger back ?

Yes or no.

If its no, let it go.

FFS.

Marc Overmars
09-11-2019, 11:03 PM
A few reports that Luis Enrique is being lined up to replace Emery. :shrug:

Mac76
10-11-2019, 01:33 AM

Interesting - could be a good choice as long as he understands how the PL works

Globalgunner
10-11-2019, 04:47 AM
Lets hope he's more than a PowerPoint presentation magician

LDG
10-11-2019, 08:00 AM
Was he a decent manager at Barca? Don’t really remember in all honesty...

McNamara That Ghost...
10-11-2019, 08:25 AM

Wouldn't feel very good about this. Not because I don't like Lucho but this is a tough job as your first one to come in to following an awful tragedy for him and his family.

Globalgunner
10-11-2019, 08:25 AM
He did well enough. But had personality problems with Messi. Only 1 winner there.

Globalgunner
10-11-2019, 08:26 AM
Wouldn't feel very good about this. Not because I don't like Lucho but this is a tough job as your first one to come in to following an awful tragedy for him and his family.

Maybe the best thing for him some would say. He has to put it behind him someday

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
10-11-2019, 10:48 AM
Enrique is probably one of the most overrated managers in football.

Globalgunner
10-11-2019, 11:49 AM
We just have to let Emery go. The man is tanking on an unexpected level. I'd take Big Sam right now. Such is the level of my despair

Xhaka Can’t
10-11-2019, 02:41 PM
Getting rid of Emery and promoting Freddie would be addition by subtraction.

Emery should’ve been sacked after that run in. With that run in last season, Wenger would unquestionably have steered us into the top 4. Possibly third just to troll us.

Not that I wanted Wenger in that position.

Penguin
10-11-2019, 07:08 PM
Oh come on... Wenger wouldn't have unquestionably done anything. We were nowhere near 4th place in his last two seasons.

GP
10-11-2019, 07:16 PM
Getting rid of Emery and promoting Freddie would be addition by subtraction.

Emery should’ve been sacked after that run in. With that run in last season, Wenger would unquestionably have steered us into the top 4. Possibly third just to troll us.

Not that I wanted Wenger in that position.

Agreed

Letters
10-11-2019, 07:49 PM
Oh come on... Wenger wouldn't have unquestionably done anything. We were nowhere near 4th place in his last two seasons.

We were 2 points off in his penultimate season.

Bumble
10-11-2019, 08:08 PM
We were 2 points off in his penultimate season.

Think he meant metaphorically as opposed to actual points difference.

Xhaka Can’t
11-11-2019, 08:02 AM

I said with that run in, Wenger would have done it. Unquestionably. There is no way with CL qualification in the balance that he would have put all our eggs in the Europa basket.

Wenger was found wanting against our rivals, but against that cannon fodder at the end of last season, no way he wasn’t getting fourth.

Özim
11-11-2019, 09:32 AM
Thing about Wenger is he was one of the prime instigators of this mess, the way this club is at the moment is as a direct consequence of what he did and implemented, a mentality where you decide what success is, ovrpay players massively without expecting any performances on the pitch, one where players were mollycoddled and where the club pandered on their every need and where the fans were 2nd class citizens.

Emery is a middle of the road manager, but that's very much how the club think at that stems back to the mentality he instilled from 2005 onwards.

I'd never take Wenger back in a month of Sundays, IMO if not for him the club wouldn't be where it is now, a 2nd tier club with no real ambitions of winning, where players are always in their comfort zone.

The reports we're hearing about the people at the top supporting Emery and thinking we're going in the right direction, highlights exactly why we've become a 2nd rate club, a top club wouldn't accept this kind of mediocrity and would have been ruthless and sacked this guy, he's had long enough and his performance has been dreafdful, zero progression at all.

How anyone can think we are going in the right direction when we lost 2-0 and had 1 shot of target is beyond me, never mind the comments about being happy about keeping Leicester for so long as they're such a great side, it's almost like we're the small club and Leicester are a top club, maybe in mentality we are.

Letters
11-11-2019, 09:50 AM
I said with that run in, Wenger would have done it. Unquestionably. There is no way with CL qualification in the balance that he would have put all our eggs in the Europa basket.

Wenger was found wanting against our rivals, but against that cannon fodder at the end of last season, no way he wasn’t getting fourth.

There was only one season when we were nowhere close to top 4, his last. Every other season we either achieved it or, in his penultimate season, we went close.
I think you're probably right, although the collapse at the end of last season was Wengeresque, when top 4 was in the balance he always delivered.
Arguably he was too focused on that but his record there can't be faulted - although his obsession about it can be.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
11-11-2019, 01:55 PM
Galling knowing Leicester don't have a single player Arsenal couldn't have signed. Ndidi looked annoyingly good. When I watch him normally I always think he gives away too many fouls in bad areas and tends to be a little too peripheral but we really made Leicester look the bisto.

Even Liverpool's team is made up of a lot of players who have played at other prem sides who again, we could have signed if we had moved at the right time.

Suppose it means very little if the coach is no good anyway.