PDA

View Full Version : Match Reaction v Southampton (home)

McNamara That Ghost...
23-11-2019, 04:59 PM
Great opportunity to acculumate some points the board said. :haha:

Mental.

Bumble
23-11-2019, 05:00 PM
Is it too early to say Emery out.

LDG
23-11-2019, 05:02 PM
I think we should wait to see if it gets worse.

That’s the best option.

dostoy
23-11-2019, 05:03 PM
There is some good news.

Fairycake went off limping at the end so he will be out for a few months, its too cold for him anyway at this time of year.

I know we said this at the end of the last match but if Emery is in charge for the next PL game then its the boards fault for keeping him in the job.

He was much better than Wenger would have been last season but he has plummeted to Wenger levels now and must go.

Surely it has to be Allegri's turn at the wheel.

Marc Overmars
23-11-2019, 05:03 PM
Awful team, awful coach.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-11-2019, 05:04 PM
Five league games without a win. Turned a corner at Leicester. :bow:

dostoy
23-11-2019, 05:05 PM
Awful team, awful coach.

Awful board.

Awful club from top to bottom.

Marc Overmars
23-11-2019, 05:05 PM
We’re are going to finish mid table at best if we keep him for the season. I’ll put a grand on it.

cricketsi
23-11-2019, 05:11 PM
There is some good news.

Fairycake went off limping at the end so he will be out for a few months, its too cold for him anyway at this time of year.

I know we said this at the end of the last match but if Emery is in charge for the next PL game then its the boards fault for keeping him in the job.

He was much better than Wenger would have been last season but he has plummeted to Wenger levels now and must go.

Wenger could never conceive of being this poor, so strange to try and use Emery to insult Wenger.

We are utterly pathetic currently.

Globalgunner
23-11-2019, 05:12 PM
How do you solve a problem like Sokratis?

LDG
23-11-2019, 05:14 PM

Horse tranquilliser

cricketsi
23-11-2019, 05:15 PM
Horse tranquilliser

If the plan is to use it on Emery, we can probably crowd fund something...

McNamara That Ghost...
23-11-2019, 05:17 PM

Just hoof it.

fakeyank
23-11-2019, 05:20 PM
My biggest issue with today's game was to see the stadium so full. Why the fuck are these people going to the game? Empty seats are what got Wenger sacked, empty seats will get good ebening sacked as well.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Mac76
23-11-2019, 05:21 PM
I was expecting a poor draw but even i didn't anticipate such trash, just three defenders at the end and still trying to play out from the back

He was just throwing on every forward player he could to save his job - i very much hope he didn't succeed...

Master Splinter
23-11-2019, 05:24 PM
There's not much more worthwhile to be said that wasn't encapsulated by the absolute dread the team showed towards the end of the match.

If the decision-makers at the club watch the way in which professional, experienced, international footballers were both unable and perhaps even unwilling to play with even a modicum of conviction and don't act to change it, then it's beyond all hope.

Even if we were a capable football team anymore, I'm not sure we would have been able to overcome any further freebies that Stuart Attwell was handing out to the opposition. The referee's job is obviously hard at times, but there can be no sympathy for one who blatantly applies rules to a differing standard for both teams. I'm not sure officiating will ever improve in this country because, like Arsenal football club, they seem perversely proud of their sheer and continuing ineptitude.

Globalgunner
23-11-2019, 05:25 PM
If we succeed in getting 1 point per game till the end of the season. We may survive the drop

LDG
23-11-2019, 05:26 PM
My biggest issue with today's game was to see the stadium so full. Why the fuck are these people going to the game? Empty seats are what got Wenger sacked, empty seats will get good ebening sacked as well.

Its a rare Saturday afternoon kick off. Something most football fans crave.

If I had a ticket and the chance to go get wankered and watch football in North London. I would. And so would you.

Letters
23-11-2019, 05:28 PM
Not the result we wanted

LDG
23-11-2019, 05:29 PM
Not the result we wanted

Scorchio!

fakeyank
23-11-2019, 05:42 PM
Its a rare Saturday afternoon kick off. Something most football fans crave.

If I had a ticket and the chance to go get wankered and watch football in North London. I would. And so would you.At this point, I frankly wouldn't. I can't remember the last time I was entertained watching Arsenal. We are dire. I wouldn't spend a dime on these fuckers.

Globalgunner
23-11-2019, 05:51 PM
Agreed. Why go to watch something that's guaranteed to make you miserable. I can barely stand to watch them on TV
There is a glaring incompetence in our general play. Each player seems deflated and unsure of himself. Things will not get better without drastic changes

LDG
23-11-2019, 06:07 PM
At this point, I frankly wouldn't. I can't remember the last time I was entertained watching Arsenal. We are dire. I wouldn't spend a dime on these fuckers.

Does that mean you’re not coming back? :pray:

I mean you’re welcome anywhere but North London. Or maybe north of Watford to be safe.

LDG
23-11-2019, 06:08 PM
Agreed. Why go to wat h something that's guaranteed to make you miserable. I can barely stand to watch them on TV
There is a glaring incompetence in our general play. Each player seems deflated and unsure of himself. Things will not get better without drastic changes

Ask the cunts that showed up.

Most will be there for the piss up and a meet up.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
23-11-2019, 06:12 PM
There is some good news.

You're an idiot.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
23-11-2019, 06:15 PM

So every time we want someone out just abandon the game(s) that you've often paid for well in advance? Juts throw your money down the toilet....

Globalgunner
23-11-2019, 06:19 PM
So every time we want someone out just abandon the game(s) that you've often paid for well in advance? Juts throw your money down the toilet....

Why not. It worked a treat the last time. In case you didnt know. Your money is lost anyway. Im sure no one paid his money expecting to see this tripe

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
23-11-2019, 06:24 PM
Why bother watching at all, even from your couch if you're so convinced it's such an utter waste of your time and effort?

Emery will be shown the door before the new year at this rate and it won't be primarily because having already bought half a dozen tickets to games in advance, I suddenly decide to stage my one many protest and not go.

dostoy
23-11-2019, 06:25 PM
You're an idiot.

It is good news if he is out for a few months.

Lets not name call, its juvenile.

Xhaka Can’t
23-11-2019, 06:38 PM
There is some good news.

I wanted Wenger out for years. But saying Emery has plunged to Wenger levels is possibly the worst insult ever made about Wenger.

Niall_Quinn
23-11-2019, 06:39 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoNW7ljdKyk

FAKE NEWS - DT!

Fake!

Compared to the horrific backwards tip tap we saw in recent weeks, today we delivered decent spells passing the ball forwards, getting it wide to a very accomplished full back who is just as good as the Liverpool pair. Maybe we fucked it up almost every time we got in the box, but all this bullshit about Soton should have won. The ref gifted them a pen. They missed a few, we missed a few. On a couple of occasions it was pure luck that kept the ball out of the Soton net.

Did we play well for 90 minsl? No.

Did we defend well for 90 mins? No.

Are we playing better than that absolute shite we were seeing a few weeks back - for sure.

And yet the fake news crew are pretending this is the worst performance we have put in all season. Bullshit. Fake news. A fake narrative crafted to push the main sensationalist theme - Emery out.

These guys are more concerned about making a splash on AFTV than anything else.

We're a mid-table team now guys. Everything has to be judged on that basis - including acknowledging improvements (even slight) when they happen. I'd rather watch today's performance than the garbage that went before. I'd rather we were better defensively too - but I'll take what I can get given the magnitude of the task.

Nowhere near our worst performance of the season. But DT needs it to be true so he can push his latest self publicity campaign. He's entitled to his opinion, but he's not entitled to make shit up. Not without expecting criticism in return.

Globalgunner
23-11-2019, 07:11 PM
Welcome back. NQ......assuming its the old NQ. I know you didnt come back for the footie. So Ill chalk it up to the election. Either way, Bienvenue.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
23-11-2019, 07:14 PM
It is good news if he is out for a few months.

Lets not name call, its juvenile.

I thought it was about right. If you can sit there wishing for a long injury on someone you don't even know....why can't I suggest that someone I don't know is an idiot.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
23-11-2019, 07:15 PM
Tierney is good but he isn't as good as Robertson.

Niall_Quinn
23-11-2019, 07:32 PM
Welcome back. NQ......assuming its the old NQ. I know you didnt come back for the footie. So Ill chalk it up to the election. Either way, Bienvenue.

It's the old NQ. Hello.

I came back because the ring found it's way to Sauron. Ultimate evil has been joined.

And there were some Arsenal fans saying we should have used the ring ourselves.

GP
23-11-2019, 07:58 PM
Tierney is good but he isn't as good as Robertson.

Yes he is.

Master Splinter
23-11-2019, 08:18 PM
It's a bit premature to make any final judgements about any of our new players.

Especially a young guy returning from a long injury who's played a handful of games in a new league and has been thrown into a complete shitshow under a negative and lifeless head coach.

Mac76
23-11-2019, 09:26 PM
Tiermey and Ozil stood out for me alongaide Laca as having decent performances and actually i'd also say Leno, it's not his fault the defence is so shite, our playwrs should have been running in to clear the ball after he saved the pel

By the way southampton were ridiculous, with players constantly collapsing to the ground 'injured' once they realised Attwell was falling for it - i had to laugh when one in particular broke the 100 metres world record when he came back on after limping to the touchline...

Letters
23-11-2019, 10:06 PM

The way I see it, it's the only real power we have as fans.
We can't go to another club but we can withdraw our custom.
Money is the only language they understand and it all comes from us one way or another.
That said, in this situation you're basically right that with so many season ticket holders most people will have long since paid for the "privilege" of being there today so there was no real point in not showing up.

Özim
23-11-2019, 10:55 PM
Pretty pathetic really, we're now getting outplayed by every team we play, no matter how bad they are, this lot are 19th in the league, got hammered 9-0 recently and have been in awful form and yet they come to our place, outplay us and have more shots on our goal and should have won comfortably with the chances they had (we could have been thrashed if they had a decent finisher).

I can't see any logical reason why the board wouldn't get rid, at any other big club this guy would have been gone, the club on the other side of north London got rid of their manager who got them to the CL final last season because of poor form and replaced with someone almost instantly and won today, our lot just sit their on their hands doing nothing, just shows how far this club has fallen, noone cares about what happens on the pitch.

Chippy
23-11-2019, 11:05 PM
We’re are going to finish mid table at best if we keep him for the season. I’ll put a grand on it.
Mid table?
I remember when we struggled to stay up in George Graham's final season. We won 1-0 at home against Forest to ease the freefall to the bottom three. We need to be careful. It could get worse.

Letters
23-11-2019, 11:22 PM
92/93 was the worst league season I can remember. Yes we won both domestic cups but there was a time when I genuinely thought we were going to get sucked into a relegation scrap.

P42 W15 D11 L16 F40 A38 Pts 56

Yes, folks, we scored 40 goals in 42 games and after a decent start, from mid-November onwards our league results were
W6 D9 L12. Yep, we won 6 out of 27 games. 6!

cricketsi
23-11-2019, 11:52 PM
92/93 was the worst league season I can remember. Yes we won both domestic cups but there was a time when I genuinely thought we were going to get sucked into a relegation scrap.

P42 W15 D11 L16 F40 A38 Pts 56

Yes, folks, we scored 40 goals in 42 games and after a decent start, from mid-November onwards our league results were
W6 D9 L12. Yep, we won 6 out of 27 games. 6!

That defence though :bow:

Ralpheroo72
23-11-2019, 11:53 PM
We won’t get 56 points this season

fakeyank
24-11-2019, 07:01 AM
We need David Dein back. We have been in free fall since he left.

Bumble
24-11-2019, 07:50 AM
Think the decline started with us reneging on the Cole contract. Things have gone downhill since

dazthegooner
24-11-2019, 08:14 AM
Well looks like Emery has 3 matches to save his job so basically the board are seeing if we can beat 3 teams that we should be beating (but probably won't) before making a decision by then top 4 has gone <_< Think the board need to start looking at themselves now as they're failing on a massive scale Emery need to go NOW!!!

cricketsi
24-11-2019, 08:19 AM
Yes, unfortunately that looks true - for some reason they need beyond conclusive proof that Emery will have failed in this season's objective before they act, which is just bizarre. Last season's finish was evidence enough, really.

Gooner23
24-11-2019, 08:32 AM
Its bizarre that Raul and Edu see this as acceptable and haven't fired him already. 11 points off Leicester. Absolutely no signs of any improvement. Utter shite from a manager completely out of his depth.

Letters
24-11-2019, 08:38 AM
#EmeryOut
#DeinIn
#WengerIn

Marc Overmars
24-11-2019, 08:45 AM
I’m not sure we’ve played well in a single league game this season.

I can’t believe the club haven’t made the call yet to sack him. We’re struggling against literally every team no matter how bad they are.

dazthegooner
24-11-2019, 11:02 AM
And we’re the only team in the top 10 with a minus gd<_<

dostoy
24-11-2019, 01:57 PM
I thought it was about right. If you can sit there wishing for a long injury on someone you don't even know....why can't I suggest that someone I don't know is an idiot.

I would explain the many VERY obvious differences but as I don't care what you think, I can't be bothered.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
24-11-2019, 01:58 PM
That's a relief.

Chippy
24-11-2019, 04:46 PM
Awful team, awful coach.
My two teams are Arsenal and Southend United.
:arry:
Enough said.

Globalgunner
24-11-2019, 04:51 PM
Enough said.

If we keep Emery. Your 2 teams will soon be regular playing against each other

Chippy
24-11-2019, 06:08 PM
If we keep Emery. Your 2 teams will soon be regular playing against each other
Sol Campbell is the new Manager there now. Lost 0-4 :(

AFC Leveller
24-11-2019, 11:51 PM
Southampton had almost double the amount of shots than us (21 to 12). That’s just shocking and the very reason Emery needs to fuck off.

As someone else said, we are now a mid table side with this guy in charge. I don’t expect us to win home games anymore and as far as away games are concerned, I honestly expect us to lose every single one at this rate.

We are currently 8 points off the top 4 (not a lot considering there are 6 month left of football) but if the board don’t replace Emery soon we will find ourselves much further behind because we just can’t win games. Not only are Chelsea and Leicester so much better already, Spuds will be back in there and Sheffield, Wolves and Man ure will have a say as well.

Marc Overmars
25-11-2019, 05:58 AM
Conceding so many shots has been a common theme throughout Emery’s time here. Doesn’t matter how poor the opposition are, we can’t stop attacks flooding in. It’s pathetic how feeble we are. His tactics are utterly shit.

Bumble
25-11-2019, 07:43 AM
Conceding so many shots has been a common theme throughout Emery’s time here. Doesn’t matter how poor the opposition are, we can’t stop attacks flooding in. It’s pathetic how feeble we are. His tactics are utterly shit.

it is odd we concede so many shots considering its not like we play with a plethora of attacking midfielders.. in fact I would say our midfielders Gendo, Torr, ex skips are more deep lying defensive in nature.... well meant to be anyway.

Marc Overmars
25-11-2019, 08:20 AM
It’s because he sets the team up to play so deep. Playing out from the back at any given opportunity is ridiculous, it’s an open invitation for the other team to have a go, knowing they can push on without having to worry about being caught out because we won’t try anything else.

We’re not peak Barca so I have no idea why we’re playing like that.

Letters
25-11-2019, 08:54 AM
I genuinely don’t understand how Emery has contrived to make our defence worse :blink:
It was so obviously the problem area, it’s mind-boggling that he hasn’t addressed it.

Özim
25-11-2019, 08:57 AM
Emery is so negative as well, at home to Southampton and he pretty much goes defensive, right now his tactics are totally flawed and he's having a negative impact on player confidence, on top of that Xhaka would still be a regular had he not kicked off.

I am invisible
25-11-2019, 09:11 AM
Enough said.
Same!

GP
25-11-2019, 09:48 AM
I genuinely don’t understand how Emery has contrived to make our defence worse :blink:
It was so obviously the problem area, it’s mind-boggling that he hasn’t addressed it.

What we really needed was an imposing CB, a proper leader type.

Instead we spent 80m on a winger who sits on the bench.

Globalgunner
25-11-2019, 10:06 AM
Its my observation that we are overplaying Guendouzi. The kid is a trier, but cannot at this stage of his career be part of the fulcrum of a team with title aspirations. He is not physically strong enough and not tactically aware enough. Part of our weakness in midfield is that we used to pair him with Xhaka who is even worse. We still need a dominant midfielder, agile who can read the game, receive that ball from defence and initiate our attacks. We need to be in the January markjet for such a player and let Guen learn the ropes. Add to that our 2 main CBs who handle the ball like a hot potatoe and bring no calmness to the back line. You can see why we are so porous. Emery, of course should see this but left to him, he would start Xhaka and Guen in every match.

GP
25-11-2019, 10:58 AM
Can we just invent a time machine and get prime Vieira and Sol Campbell pls?

Mac76
25-11-2019, 11:15 AM
for the defence, i thought Chambo was unlucky to be the one to make way at HT instead of Sokratis who was on a yellow

i think Chambo and Holding should be our settled CBs until January at least when maybe we get an upgrade on Chambo

dazthegooner
25-11-2019, 11:55 AM
looks like Kroenke might be starting to think otherwise regarding Emery https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1208855/Arsenal-news-Unai-Emery-sack-Stan-Kroenke-Premier-League

Mac76
25-11-2019, 12:45 PM
This is a good summary of everything and has a link to the latest 'wecaredoyou' statement

it's a good point in the article about Allegri's not having a strong grasp of English - maybe the best choice is Arteta after all...

https://www.theweek.co.uk/premier-league/104508/arsenal-turmoil-unai-emery-fans-statement-stan-kroenke

Globalgunner
25-11-2019, 01:12 PM
for the defence, i thought Chambo was unlucky to be the one to make way at HT instead of Sokratis who was on a yellow

i think Chambo and Holding should be our settled CBs until January at least when maybe we get an upgrade on Chambo

If I had a giant cannon. I would point it at the sun and quick fire Sokratis and Xhaka out of it with Luiz watching close by

Bumble
25-11-2019, 01:20 PM
If I had a giant cannon. I would point it at the sun and quick fire Sokratis and Xhaka out of it with Luiz watching close by

I am amazed signing Luiz was 8m hasn't improved us defensively. who would have thought that to be case.

Bumble
25-11-2019, 01:28 PM
This is a good summary of everything and has a link to the latest 'wecaredoyou' statement

it's a good point in the article about Allegri's not having a strong grasp of English - maybe the best choice is Arteta after all...

https://www.theweek.co.uk/premier-league/104508/arsenal-turmoil-unai-emery-fans-statement-stan-kroenke

I would like to think there is more choice than Allegri or Arteta. there could be Nuno, Dyche, Howe, Poch (I don't watch football outside of England so cant really comment on upcoming/proven overseas managers) . think it has got to the point can any of them be worse than Emery. We need someone to come in and make us a tough side to beat. Improve us defensively, we have the attacking players to score goals but not the defensive balance to keep them out.

Mac76
25-11-2019, 01:49 PM
I would like to think there is more choice than Allegri or Arteta. there could be Nuno, Dyche, Howe, Poch (I don't watch football outside of England so cant really comment on upcoming/proven overseas managers) . think it has got to the point can any of them be worse than Emery. We need someone to come in and make us a tough side to beat. Improve us defensively, we have the attacking players to score goals but not the defensive balance to keep them out.

Nuno - am prepared to consider it

Howe - he's not ready

Ponce - NO

Dyke - NO x1000000000

Marc Overmars
25-11-2019, 04:40 PM
I like Howe and wouldn’t be against giving him a chance but I worry he is not a big enough name or personality.

We should really try for Poch. The club would earn some respect back from the fanbase if they made a move as ballsy as that.

Mac76
25-11-2019, 05:14 PM
We should really try for Poch. The club would earn some respect back from the fanbase if they made a move as ballsy as that.

really, someone who's just been sacked for failing to make the most of a good squad and leaving them well out of the top four?

sound familiar??

not for me thanks, gerbil face can sod off to Moan u if he fancies it IMO

hobson's choice
25-11-2019, 05:21 PM
Someone Spanish will come in or someone who is friends with one of Raul or Edu will come in.

Mac76
25-11-2019, 05:24 PM
Someone Spanish will come in or someone who is friends with one of Raul or Edu will come in.

If it's Cazorla as player-manager, I'm in... :cool:

GP
25-11-2019, 08:16 PM

Patrick Vieira is good friends with Edu...

Marc Overmars
26-11-2019, 06:43 AM
Wouldn’t mind Vieira at all really if we want to appoint someone young and with it all prove. At the very least you think the respect would be there from the off.

Emery’s problems are all his own doing. At no point in his time here has he known his best team, for 18 months work that is a joke.

dazthegooner
26-11-2019, 09:16 AM
Seems that Arsenal are worried on how much it will cost to sack Emery... Probably less than no champions/Europa league next season get rid now.

Bumble
26-11-2019, 02:04 PM
Seems that Arsenal are worried on how much it will cost to sack Emery... Probably less than no champions/Europa league next season get rid now.

We have 18 points after 13 games, assuming 70 points is 4th place threshold. We need 52 out of the next 75 points. or winning 16, drawing 4 and losing 5 so CL football already looks tough. Looks like Emery will last the week now, but defeat at Norwich which could easily happen and that will be it.

Marc Overmars
26-11-2019, 02:17 PM
Can't see where we're going to win 5 or 6 games in a row to get us back into the mix. Leicester and Chelsea are comfortably better teams than us at the moment and you'd have to think Spurs will haul themselves back into the fray now with Mourinho.

I don't think we'll be anywhere near 4th in all honesty and maybe not even 5th at the rate we're going.

Özim
27-11-2019, 10:46 AM
Given the competition this season, top 4 seems really unlikely. Leiceister look really good, solid defensively and potent in attack, Rogers is doing a great job with them and Chelsea with their quality young players are really flying high as well, people were laughing about them relying on Abraham but the guy has been on fire, that Hudson-Odoi is a huge talent as well.

I expect Spurs now that they have Mourinho will make their way back up the table as well, meanwhile we're still lumbered with Emery and only heading one way, that's the trouble with our setup, Emery seems to be a pal of Sanelhi and as we know it who you know not what you know that determines who gets and keeps their job at the top.

Globalgunner
27-11-2019, 11:54 AM
We may be looking at 6 or 7th depending on how Utd are going with Ole. Wolves are doing okay too, they may end up higher than us at this rate

Bumble
27-11-2019, 01:46 PM
Given the competition this season, top 4 seems really unlikely. Leiceister look really good, solid defensively and potent in attack, Rogers is doing a great job with them and Chelsea with their quality young players are really flying high as well, people were laughing about them relying on Abraham but the guy has been on fire, that Hudson-Odoi is a huge talent as well.

I expect Spurs now that they have Mourinho will make their way back up the table as well, meanwhile we're still lumbered with Emery and only heading one way, that's the trouble with our setup, Emery seems to be a pal of Sanelhi and as we know it who you know not what you know that determines who gets and keeps their job at the top.

that's the problem.... look at the spurs result yesterday..new manager new results... gets the crowd going and a bit of positivity.

if we don't do something very very soon. it will ruin the season. we cant keep on the hope he wins the Europa league as its our 3rd season in the competition and I don't think we have beaten a top tier side yet.