PDA

View Full Version : Match Reaction v Standard Liege (away)

McNamara That Ghost...
12-12-2019, 07:47 PM
Woeful again mostly. Well done to Saka for stepping up. Our second goal was brilliant.

Top of the group. :bow:

We'll forever remember our winning run of one. :rose:

Master Splinter
12-12-2019, 07:57 PM
Another Desmond :bow:.

People who think Saka is crap :lol:.

Youngest player on the pitch, playing in an unfamiliar position away from home in Europe and on a dogshit pitch. Was the most influential player, alongside Smith Rowe, in the first half and then dragged the team back into the game single-handedly.

fakeyank
12-12-2019, 08:05 PM
Transition from defense to midfield remains shit. As soon as the defense receives the ball, its like all the players are having a panic attack. How we miss players like Cazorla or Fabregas who could transition the ball perfectly.

GP
12-12-2019, 08:05 PM
A pretty...standard.. performance

21_GOONER_SALUTE
12-12-2019, 08:21 PM
The kids gave it a good a go but this match only convinces me more that we need structure back in our team ASAP.

I do think we need to offer Rafa the job as he's the only one on the theoretical shortlist that easily ticks all the boxes and prioritizes structure.

So I repeat, structure as we clearly can't match any top team for substance at the moment.

dazthegooner
13-12-2019, 05:49 PM
Ljundburg has said that we cannot reply on the youngsters to pull us through (which is right) as he says they will make mistake but will learn from them (try telling that to players like Xhaka) who is constantly making the same mistakes will be interesting to see who he picks on Sunday.