PDA

View Full Version : Team of the Decade

21_GOONER_SALUTE
25-12-2019, 01:04 PM
First of all merry christmas everyone..... now came across this on skysports and I wasn't surprised how much I disagreed with Merse however it shocked me how difficult I found it picking the team myself.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/11871486/arsenals-team-of-the-decade-paul-mersons-verdict

Anyway here's my go at it and interested in yall picks.

.............................. Szczesny..........................

Sagna............Vermaelen.....Merts........Monrea l

Carzola.................. ..Song..................Nasri

RVP.......................Giroud............Arshav in

Subs: Alexis, Ramsey, Rosicky, Djourou, Fabianski, Laca, Auba

Best 3 players of the decade: Carzola, RVP, Song

At the end of the day, real slim pickings, especially with midfielders and defenders. Oh and pls don't put Henry or Cesc in as we're trying to make this interesting.

Marc Overmars
25-12-2019, 01:08 PM
Alexis > Arshavin

Ramsey > Song

Kos > Verm

Rosicky (or Ozil) > Nasri

Merse put Wheelchair in. :lol:
The guy who’s spent more time in the treatment room than on the pitch this decade.

21_GOONER_SALUTE
25-12-2019, 01:12 PM
Merse put Wheelchair in. :lol:
The guy who’s spent more time in the treatment room than on the pitch this decade.

Also Arshavin ahead of Alexis? No chance.

Santi and Rosciky spent a lot of time in treatment but Santi especially was always pure class when he played.

Even RVP spent a lot of time injured in his early years. We've really been an unlucky team when it comes to star players with injuries.

Marc Overmars
25-12-2019, 01:36 PM
Fair point. Just think Wheelchair doesn’t even compare to the likes of Santi and Rosicky when they were at their best.

Penguin
26-12-2019, 10:33 AM
Why Giroud over Aubemeyang or Lacazette?

Mac76
26-12-2019, 01:57 PM

Or my arthritic aunt?

GP
26-12-2019, 02:00 PM
Because he scored more goals probably

21_GOONER_SALUTE
26-12-2019, 04:00 PM

I agree with Merse here.

Though he might not be the deadliest of strikers, his hold up play is second to none and more importantly he has the uncanny ability to make everyone around him play better, a skill thats clearly absent in both Auba and Laca.

Penguin
26-12-2019, 05:07 PM
His hold up play is decent but he couldn't out run a pensioner, and he's probably as much of a goal threat as one too. He wouldn't even be on my subs bench.

Sagna...........Koscielny.....Merts........Monreal

Carzola....................Rosicky................ ..Ramsey

RVP.......................Auba.................... Alexis

Mac76
26-12-2019, 05:38 PM
His hold up play is decent but he couldn't out run a pensioner, and he's probably as much of a goal threat as one too. He wouldn't even be on my subs bench.

Sagna...........Koscielny.....Merts........Monreal

Carzola....................Rosicky................ ..Ramsey

RVP.......................Auba.................... Alexis

Agree about Giroud and that lineup's a good shout although not sure re sanchez, he was never a team player and gave the ball away a lot - i'd maybe have ozil playing behind auba and rvp