PDA

View Full Version : Coronavirus Pandemic

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Letters
23-03-2020, 03:34 PM
Thinking maybe we should have a separate thread for this.

It feels to me that this while thing is going to change the world fairly permanently. I'm not really sure how yet but I'm not sure things will quite go back to the way they were.

What do you think? Will this change things? People are famously stupid and have short-memories so maybe it will just all go back to "normal" when this is all over.

Niall_Quinn
23-03-2020, 04:01 PM
Is this really important enough to have an entire thread dedicated to it?

Would you stop panicking man!

Globalgunner
23-03-2020, 04:21 PM
This too shall pass

Marc Overmars
23-03-2020, 04:31 PM
Very hard to see what the other side of this will look like. Maybe in terms of travel you’ll need some papers to prove you’ve been vaccinated? As for society it’s bound to change things.

This is history book shit, kids will be reading about this in the future.

Mac76
23-03-2020, 04:40 PM
People are famously stupid and have short-memories so maybe it will just all go back to "normal" when this is all over.

Yup, that's about it

GP
23-03-2020, 04:52 PM
Very hard to see what the other side of this will look like. Maybe in terms of travel you’ll need some papers to prove you’ve been vaccinated? As for society it’s bound to change things.

This is history book shit, kids will be reading about this in the future.

The Great Bog Roll Shortage

Letters
23-03-2020, 04:56 PM
Now Greggs are closing all their shops :angry:

This is past-y joke.

:getcoat:

Mac76
23-03-2020, 05:34 PM
Now Greggs are closing all their shops :angry:

This is past-y joke.

it's no sur-pies... :rimshot:

McNamara That Ghost...
23-03-2020, 06:31 PM
Johnson's address to the nation is on later at 20:30 tonight.

Rumours unconfirmed this is so I can get home to see what the science says due to the trains being shit.

Niall_Quinn
23-03-2020, 06:32 PM
At least all that lot who did WWII can't get to moan now. They didn't have football, beer and McDonalds all shut down in a month!

Letters
23-03-2020, 06:41 PM
At least all that lot who did WWII can't get to moan now. They didn't have football, beer and McDonalds all shut down in a month!

And Nando’s.
And. Well, basically everywhere.
MrsL managed to get bread at Greggs but now they’re closed.
We managed to get Nutella chocolate spread but now in a couple of days I might not be able to have it on toast.
The WWII lot had it easy, I tells ya.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-03-2020, 06:46 PM
I'm having a pizza delivered tonight.

Forza Italia.

Contact free delivery so there's a decent chance it might get nicked before I get to the door.

In other news, I see it is somehow treated as good news that Italy still has only had 600+ deaths. :wacko:

Mac76
23-03-2020, 07:20 PM
We managed to get Nutella chocolate spread but now in a couple of days I might not be able to have it on toast.

More silver linings... ;)

Mac76
23-03-2020, 07:23 PM
Aren't young people lovely...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-52003543

If they enjoy coughing, these tossers should be 'volunteered' for the COVID-19 testing programme :ninja:

Letters
23-03-2020, 07:23 PM
What’s with all the hating on chocolate spread?
MrsL doesn’t like it either. She likes chocolate in pretty much any other form but on bread it’s “weird”.
No, your weird :angry:

LDG
23-03-2020, 07:38 PM
What’s with all the hating on chocolate spread?
MrsL doesn’t like it either. She likes chocolate in pretty much any other form but on bread it’s “weird”.
No, your weird :angry:

It’s “you’re”

Niall_Quinn
23-03-2020, 07:41 PM
Aren't young people lovely...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-52003543

If they enjoy coughing, these tossers should be 'volunteered' for the COVID-19 testing programme :ninja:

Saw that. Also saw a video of some fat bitch coughing in coppers faces trying to infect them. I don't think anyone would moan if these types were beaten to a pulp.

Another reason to stay in I suppose. The loons out there will be seeing this as carnival time.

Niall_Quinn
23-03-2020, 07:41 PM
It’s “you’re”

FEWER! :sulk:

Letters
23-03-2020, 07:45 PM
It’s “you’re”

Holy shit :doh:

I must have the pandemic

Niall_Quinn
23-03-2020, 07:48 PM
Holy shit :doh:

I must have the pandemic

You can't have a pandemic FFS! Get it together will you? You've completely fallen apart.

Niall_Quinn
23-03-2020, 07:53 PM
The Portsmouth player who went down to the pub and probably added several hundred cases to the hospital list is a bit of a twat tbf. But that shouldn't distract us from Pires' dive.

Niall_Quinn
23-03-2020, 08:08 PM
If only essential workers are still going to work, does that mean all our essential workers are packed on limited tubes and trains?

Well, follow the logic of this.

Fewer essential workers (when they get sick), maybe many, many fewer. Therefore essential services will be hammered. Therefore hospitals, power stations, water and sewage, transport, law and order,..

Why are there fewer trains and tubes? How insane is that?

Much, much worse to come if this continues.

Letters
23-03-2020, 08:22 PM
You can't have a pandemic FFS! Get it together will you? You've completely fallen apart.

To be fair, that was based on the Australian woman who coughed at a bloke and said “I don’t have a pandemic”.
Silly bint

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jTLcFZ-0QU

Letters
23-03-2020, 08:25 PM
If only essential workers are still going to work, does that mean all our essential workers are packed on limited tubes and trains?.

Yep. That’s exactly what it means.
They’ve asked everyone to work at home.
So they’ve put on fewer trains.
Which means everyone is still squashed onto the few trains that remain.

Well done, everyone :clap:

Letters
23-03-2020, 08:28 PM
Well. Here comes Joris Bohnson :popcorn:

McNamara That Ghost...
23-03-2020, 08:30 PM
He's on.

Letters
23-03-2020, 08:32 PM
Oh. We are allowed to go out once a day for a walk.
Thanks Joris.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-03-2020, 08:32 PM
Pub team Lockdown it is.

1 form of exercise a day.
Shopping for essential items.
Medical Reasons.
Work if it's absolutely necessary and can't be done at home.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-03-2020, 08:34 PM
He's threatening fines. :o

Shops selling non-essential items will be closed.

Will stop gatherings of 2 or more people.

Where do all the new police to enforce this come from?

Letters
23-03-2020, 08:34 PM
Oh good. We are still allowed to go to funerals
:patrice:

Letters
23-03-2020, 08:35 PM
Where do all the new police to enforce this come from?

Yeah. It’s bollocks.
Completely unenforceable.

Globalgunner
23-03-2020, 08:37 PM

Except your own

McNamara That Ghost...
23-03-2020, 08:37 PM
I'm missing a word in there somewhere. :lol:

I'm going to say my exercise is walking a marathon a day.

They might not believe me.

Letters
23-03-2020, 08:39 PM
How the piss are you supposed to prove - or are the police supposed to prove - where you are going and for what purpose?

McNamara That Ghost...
23-03-2020, 08:40 PM
They'll carry your bog roll that doesn't exist home for you.

Letters
23-03-2020, 08:41 PM
I can imagine the panic buying will go mental tomorrow

:ilt:

McNamara That Ghost...
23-03-2020, 08:46 PM
Why is Daniel Sandford reporting from outside?

Get inside you lawbreaker!

Letters
23-03-2020, 08:47 PM
Why is Daniel Sandford reporting from outside?

Get inside you lawbreaker!

Must be his once a day exercise.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-03-2020, 08:52 PM
Must be his once a day exercise.

Or he is on his way to the shops, very, very slowly.

Mac76
23-03-2020, 08:55 PM
Even the Nazis didn't try to control people this much, it's insane

WMUG
23-03-2020, 09:11 PM
The Nazis tried to exterminate an entire people.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-03-2020, 09:11 PM
Well what colour are his eyes? :ninja:

Letters
23-03-2020, 09:16 PM

But at least they made the trains run on time :sulk:
Or was that the other lot? :unsure:

Letters
23-03-2020, 09:17 PM
Even the Nazis didn't try to control people this much, it's insane

You might want to tell the Jews that.

Niall_Quinn
23-03-2020, 09:55 PM
This is one last effort to persuade the alarming number of selfish twats we seem to have in this country to stay at home, spelling it out for them because they are likely thick as pigshit. And to get the last few sods off the hook who are being forced to go to work by arsehole bosses. Honestly, clothes and electronics retailers?

So sure, it's unenforceable, and in fact one of the first responses was from the arse covering police chief who pretty much said he couldn't do it. My fear is Boris didn't explicitly say, "Don't go to the seaside." So plenty still won't get it.

I'd be the first on the street chucking stuff if I was confident this was some prelude to a police state. But who can genuinely say they are confident of that right now? And who wants to take the chance with people's lives? If people can't cooperate at a time like this then there's no time when you can rely on them. It's like some cunt having a disco during the blackout. Only worse, because in this case a lot of these cunts are immune to their houses getting bombed and it's the neighbours who get it.

It's a good thing that we live in a country where the government is even concerned about liberty at a time like this. We don't want to wake up in a Chinese style afterlife where we're tagged and tracked and shoved around at gunpoint. But these selfish bastards who are out and about for kicks are making it more likely the outcome of this will be failure in every way.

Mac76
23-03-2020, 10:00 PM
You might want to tell the Jews that.

Ok, ok i may have exaggerated slightly ... :pal:

Mac76
23-03-2020, 10:10 PM
I'll tell you one thing, all those people cooped up together with screaming kids, maybe moany old parents etc, there's gonna be a rise in family violence for sure...

GP
23-03-2020, 10:12 PM

"people"

Letters
23-03-2020, 10:15 PM
I'll tell you one thing, all those people cooped up together with screaming kids, maybe moany old parents etc, there's gonna be a rise in family violence for sure...

In a year’s time there’s going to be a huge spike in births and divorces.

Letters
23-03-2020, 10:16 PM
#MakeBlackMirrorFictionAgain

Marc Overmars
23-03-2020, 11:10 PM
This is so surreal. I mean people are idiots for not following the advice but I don’t think they comprehend the severity of what is going on, particularly if they’re from an area not overwhelmed by the disease.

Stay at home you dumb fucks. Although I’m glad we can still get a bit of exercise, otherwise I’d go loopy.

Niall_Quinn
23-03-2020, 11:45 PM
Capacity of a London Underground Central Line train is around 1,000 (probably more when people are crammed on as they were today)

Working with 1,000 people, let's say 2% are infected. That's 20 people. In normal circumstances they will have infected 25 more people, but packed on a train like that it's likely to be 45 new infections. So that's 65 people in total. Within 5 weeks, those 65 infections alone will have spread to an estimated 26,000 people. Of those, 20% might get sick enough to require hospitalisation. That's 5,200 hospital beds, and all the equipments, medicines and not to mention the staff. In Spain, 10% of the medical staff have ended up catching the infection. So add vital health workers to the total and assume some of those will die. Along with potentially 180 victims originating from that train journey. Yet there's a good chance not one passenger from that train will die.

That's one train.

Niall_Quinn
23-03-2020, 11:48 PM
Meanwhile, having screamed at Johnson to impose martial law and throw open the concentrations camps, true to form the media is now criticising him for restricting liberties. Not directly, but they are suggesting it's "worrying."

And having shamed people who refused to stay indoors, the BBC is encouraging *US* not to be so mean! The Sun is warning of "House Arrest!"

I think there has never been anything lower and more despicable than the mainstream media. The lowest of the lowest of the low.

Mac76
24-03-2020, 07:13 AM
The thing i don't get is, why the restrictions now when Arteta is better already...? ;)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52005204

Mac76
24-03-2020, 07:17 AM

That bit made me laugh - i've no doubt funerals will now become huge pissups with hundreds of people attending (admittedly some are like that already) - who knows, people might even start killing each other so they can have a few more parties... :rolleyes:

Letters
24-03-2020, 09:08 AM
MrsL went to the shops this morning but couldn't get much.
No chicken or cold meats. She did manage to get some bread from the bakery part of Sainsbury's, the sort you have to slice yourself.
Probably be quite nice though.
Will probably go for my once a day walk later :(

Letters
24-03-2020, 09:10 AM
Looking like the Olympics will be postponed till next year

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/athletics/52002474

FAO NQ, this isn't an official announcement yet.

GP
24-03-2020, 09:32 AM
Day 1 of WFH

Bored. Can't even flirt with Katie now I'm not in the office.
What's the point?

Mac76
24-03-2020, 10:02 AM
Silver lining #2 :ninja:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-52001388

Letters
24-03-2020, 10:44 AM
Day 1 of WFH

Bored. Can't even flirt with Katie now I'm not in the office.
What's the point?

Is she the Dawn do your Tim?

GP
24-03-2020, 11:51 AM
Is she the Dawn do your Tim?

lol no, Dawn liked Tim.

Niall_Quinn
24-03-2020, 12:06 PM
Went shopping for clothes and electronic items this morning. Then went on the tube, caught a packed train and went to the seaside.

No, wait, that was some other asshole. I went to the supermarket for fruit, veg and some basics.

I can tell you now, a lot of people are going to die in this country. There are two types of people out there now, the ones who have enough community spirit and common decency left to try to help however they can, and the fucking slimeballs who couldn't give a shit about anyone but themselves (and maybe not even themselves).

I'll go out into public once a week at most.

This is going to get very bad from what I have witnessed today in a small town. I can't even imagine how bad it's going to be in the cities, London in particular. I just don't get it - what's happening right now would be similar to Londoners during the blitz switching on all their lights, opening the curtains and shining targeting spotlights.

One other thing that was very noticeable - very few mobile phones stuck in paws with those blank stares.

Oh, and the joggers running past the queues at the supermarket. I guess even a pandemic isn't worth changing your route for.

Mac76
24-03-2020, 12:07 PM
Tube trains packed again this morning

people are still allowed to go to work it's just shops closing - and their employers are making them still go to work

makes a total mockery of the 'only two people together' thing

i blame the government though not people, tbh i still think it's confusing

Letters
24-03-2020, 12:09 PM
I went for a walk round. It was nice and quiet and when I did see people I kept well away.
I'm in a suburb of London.
Managed to get a few bits at a local shop. Greggs was still open, I guess they're closing from tomorrow.
Fortunately we have enough shops nearby so shouldn't need to go far.
Have ordered a few bits from Amazon which would be difficult to get locally.

Niall_Quinn
24-03-2020, 12:13 PM
39 people maximum allowed in the supermarket at once. Plenty of stock on the shelves but some items, like pasta, gone by 10am. Lots of bog roll though, so that particular crisis is over. Lots of fruit and veg. Plenty of milk, eggs. Flour was all gone. Lots of booze. Pepsi Max supplies still strong. Even managed to get a bottle of hand soap, although that was running low. Didn't notice anyone panic buying in bulk, most people decent enough to take just what they needed.

I expect it'll be a different story by the time essential workers are getting home. There was a section marked off for NHS staff where the supply was good, so that will help.

It's not the stocks that are the problem, it's having to go out among assholes who seem to have made it their mission to spread this thing.

Niall_Quinn
24-03-2020, 12:27 PM
Tube trains packed again this morning

people are still allowed to go to work it's just shops closing - and their employers are making them still go to work

makes a total mockery of the 'only two people together' thing

i blame the government though not people, tbh i still think it's confusing

Not sure how Johnson could have made it any clearer last night.

Unless you are critical to the continuity of the country, stay at home as much as possible. And if you are at particular risk, stay at home - full stop.

We're getting onto very dodgy ground if the government has to order the bosses of private companies not to be dicks and shut it the fuck down. But when you are dealing with people so self absorbed it is very difficult. Perhaps the rule should be, if you call non-essential staff into work then YOU have to pick up the bill if they get sick. That might encourage the knobheads to get aboard without us having to go Nazi Germany.

Mac76
24-03-2020, 01:34 PM
Not sure how Johnson could have made it any clearer last night.

ah, you're making the schoolboy error of thinking i'd ever actually listen to anything that cheating lying **** ever says...

Niall_Quinn
24-03-2020, 01:41 PM
ah, you're making the schoolboy error of thinking i'd ever actually listen to anything that cheating lying **** ever says...

There isn't a statistical possibility, no matter how microscopic, you loathe politicians as much as I do. But, he's the guy in the chair at this particular time and under these particular circumstances. Lying, cheating, whatever - these factors have been rescinded for the time being, by necessity. It's just the reality of the situation.

Letters
24-03-2020, 02:41 PM
https://secretldn.com/rush-hour-tubes-crowded-lockdown/

:doh:

Social distancing :bow:

Mac76
24-03-2020, 02:51 PM
There isn't a statistical possibility, no matter how microscopic, you loathe politicians as much as I do. But, he's the guy in the chair at this particular time and under these particular circumstances. Lying, cheating, whatever - these factors have been rescinded for the time being, by necessity. It's just the reality of the situation.

i'm still not to spend a single second of my life watching his plump punchbag-face or listen to a single word of sh*t he talks

Mac76
24-03-2020, 03:04 PM
Wenger :bow:

https://youtu.be/ZTl-5AjDb48

Niall_Quinn
24-03-2020, 03:40 PM
i'm still not to spend a single second of my life watching his plump punchbag-face or listen to a single word of sh*t he talks

Well you will because I'm going to link one of his videos but change the headline to, "Arsenal Awarded 2020 Title by Alphabetical Order!"

And then Johnson will at least get a couple of words out before you can hit the stop button.

You :pal:

Mac76
24-03-2020, 03:44 PM
do you honestly think i wouldn't know a headline with good news for Arsenal was a hoax? :)

Letters
24-03-2020, 03:45 PM
BoJo is the new RickRoll :(

Niall_Quinn
24-03-2020, 03:48 PM
do you honestly think i wouldn't know a headline with good news for Arsenal was a hoax? :)

Hmmmm. Good point. I'll rework the plan and get back to you.

Letters
24-03-2020, 03:48 PM
Argentina makes the Tooth Fairy a key worker

https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/52005728

Niall_Quinn
24-03-2020, 05:06 PM
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/breaking_news/article-8147765/Greta-Thunberg-says-coronavirus-isolating-father.html

What next from the horrifying self publicity machine that is the Thunberg Family? Well at least the planet can recover a little now they are not jetting all over the world.

Letters
24-03-2020, 05:23 PM
Starting to come round to your thoughts on the BBC. This sounds horrific

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2020/bbc-entertains-the-nation-in-time-of-need

Letters
24-03-2020, 05:49 PM
Another 743 deaths in Italy :(

Niall_Quinn
24-03-2020, 06:03 PM
Starting to come round to your thoughts on the BBC. This sounds horrific

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2020/bbc-entertains-the-nation-in-time-of-need

They've also threatened another outbreak of Mrs Brown's Boys. Kicking people when they are at their most vulnerable.

Niall_Quinn
24-03-2020, 06:07 PM
Another 743 deaths in Italy :(

That's going to be the UK in 2-4 weeks, if not worse. The absolute lack of regard for their fellow human beings by some of these pandemic merrymakers is going to take a horrible toll. We could all see what was happening in Italy and yet that, somehow, is not enough of an incentive for some people. I guess they think hey, fuck it, I'll be fine. Remind me never to be stuck in a trench with one of these bastards.

Disclaimer: Would more likely be a sewage trench on community service than a war time situation, but even so.

Niall_Quinn
24-03-2020, 06:33 PM
Thank fuck we're Brits and not Yanks. Over there, the demonic Dems have blocked every attempt to prop up the economy and the public. They have scuppered two key bills that would have sent urgent assistance to people and businesses that need to stay afloat once month end hits. Instead of working with America they have launched a 1,400 page list of conditions stuffed full of warmism and identity politics bullshit.

This is bad, because people in need won't get the urgent help they need. But it's good in the long term because this is the end of those scumbgas. Anyone trying to take advantage of this crisis, the Dems, the mainstream media, certain shitty bosses that are forcing their non-essential workers onto packed tubes, pandemic day-trippers - these scumbags have had it. People will remember this time.

I men I'm not getting a penny from government, and that's right because I can get by (for now). But imagine how shitty you have to be to stand in the way of people who will need urgent help just to eat? Even if some equally despicable shitheads take advantage and grab cash too. Let's deal with those fucks later.

Letters
24-03-2020, 06:43 PM
One of my friend’s daughters (about 15) went into town because she

"would literally prefer to die than not have my hair products if I'm stuck in"

I probably should point out to my friend that it probably won’t be her daughter dying, but her dad might if she’s caught it and they’ve been in close proximity. Kids are pretty stupid and short sighted

Niall_Quinn
24-03-2020, 07:35 PM
One of my friend’s daughters (about 15) went into town because she

"would literally prefer to die than not have my hair products if I'm stuck in"

I probably should point out to my friend that it probably won’t be her daughter dying, but her dad might if she’s caught it and they’ve been in close proximity. Kids are pretty stupid and short sighted

I blame the fucking hairdresser that was open to do her hair, just as much anyway.

I don't know what happens after this? Do I have any clients? Have they all gone bust? Will I have an income? Maybe, Maybe not. I'm one of those freelancers that will be getting zero help. But, in some ways, wondering if 25,000 (it will probably be more) people are going to die, gasping for breath and in fucking agony, could be considered (in the short term at least) to have the edge in terms of importance. Particularly if me or one of my own happens to be one of those victims. But I guess I have enough years behind me to think about things like that.

One of the worst messages sent was this does not affect the young. Well maybe they have a tiny chance of being a casualty, but it will affect them in so many other ways they just don't realise yet. But I guess when you are given almost certain immunity by every message coming out of government and the media, if you are young enough and immortal enough and inexperienced enough you'll just say fuck it, there are more important things than whatever happens to other people.

Most of us don't really care what happens to people in Africa, do we? If we are honest. It's so far away. Out of sight, easy to push it out of mind unless they do one of those concerts which makes us fashionably concerned and outraged. For a while. Then back to normal. That'll be the mindset of a lot of young and fit people during this crisis, even when it's hitting closer to home. Yeah so sad, tragic even, but how does it directly affect me?

It's called a lack of community spirit and it has been been engineered into people over many years. This country, as it stands today, would have definitely fallen to the Hun. Without a fight probably. Whether that's progress or not, well to me it's not. But the next generation have to decide what type of society they want to live in. It's up to them now. Only thing I would say, for all their virtue signalling they seem to fall a bit short when the shit actually hits the fan.

Niall_Quinn
24-03-2020, 07:44 PM
LOL, Chakrabarti is on now urging sanctions against people who don't do what they are ordered to to do. Okay, this is a crisis. But the irony. It's a long way from being the director of Liberty.

Letters
24-03-2020, 08:23 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-52025918

Twats.

Another 500 dead in Spain :(

Mac76
24-03-2020, 09:57 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-52025918

Twats.

Tbf they probably saw the pics of thousands of people cramming themselves on to tube trains and thought a gathering of 20 outdoors wasn't a big deal

Niall_Quinn
25-03-2020, 12:00 AM
Tbf they probably saw the pics of thousands of people cramming themselves on to tube trains and thought a gathering of 20 outdoors wasn't a big deal

Except it would take a long time to get across London on a barbecue - fucking idiots.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-03-2020, 08:37 AM
Working at home starts for me today. :popcorn:

How do you avoid swearing in your own home? :ninja:

Niall_Quinn
25-03-2020, 08:55 AM
Working at home starts for me today. :popcorn:

How do you avoid swearing in your own home? :ninja:

Throw the wife out.

Mac76
25-03-2020, 09:02 AM
The whole point of having your own home is so you can swear as much as you want - at least it is for me :lol:

Letters
25-03-2020, 09:02 AM
Day 11 of Home Working for me.
Already getting targeted adverts on FB for divorce lawyers :lol:

:unsure:

Niall_Quinn
25-03-2020, 09:08 AM
"Can you all go home please! It's not a holiday it's a lockdown - please don't come here and sunbathe. Go home please!"

An loudhailer announcement a copper had to make to idiots congregating in a park to take in the sun, all geared up with picnic rugs and hampers.

:doh:

Niall_Quinn
25-03-2020, 09:21 AM
Long queues of huddled New Yorkers, standing in the rain, waiting to be tested to see if they have the virus.

Say what?????

Well they certainly will have the fucking virus now, won't they? Or at least a bad cold or the flu - and THEN the virus on top.

There's some seriously crazy stuff going on in that city. Are de Blasio and Cuomo deliberately trying to get as many people as possible infected? These two wankers have been panicking on live TV for days now. Talking about impending doom, lack of supplies, food shortages. Now they have people queuing in adverse weather conditions for testing?

It's going to be just awful in that city.

Niall_Quinn
25-03-2020, 09:23 AM
6 month exemption on MOT testing.

Niall_Quinn
25-03-2020, 09:26 AM
Increasingly irrelevant journalists in the Telegraph, Times and Guardian all chipping in with their increasingly irrelevant views today. Hopefully by the end of this nobody will ever listen to them again.

Mac76
25-03-2020, 09:53 AM
When i first saw this headline I thought people were putting their computers in the microwave to get better wifi :lol:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52027348

Niall_Quinn
25-03-2020, 10:11 AM
When i first saw this headline I thought people were putting their computers in the microwave to get better wifi :lol:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52027348

Exactly what I thought. Was thinking more people are going to kill themselves staying at home than going out and getting infected.

Can you imagine all the bodge-it DIY experts that will be sawing their arms off and drilling through their foreheads in the coming weeks?

Mac76
25-03-2020, 10:40 AM
yeah, i actually started to plan to board out the attic but quickly realised i'd be putting my foot through the ceiling, cutting off fingers etc and gave up the idea...

WMUG
25-03-2020, 10:41 AM
I'M

SO

B O R E D

Mac76
25-03-2020, 10:47 AM
I'M

SO

B O R E D

volunteering to help the NHS... https://www.goodsamapp.org/NHS

and...

books
puzzles
walking
cycling
work-out - get some dumb bells and emerge from this a muscle-man
computer games
drawing / painting / DIY (though see above ...)
calling friends who are just as bored as you are

Letters
25-03-2020, 10:49 AM
One is not amused :angry:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52033845

Gawd bless 'im!

Marc Overmars
25-03-2020, 10:52 AM
Charles. :rose:

Niall_Quinn
25-03-2020, 10:58 AM
Erm,... So Andrew might be making a comeback?

Talk about a constitutional crisis if that happened.

Mac76
25-03-2020, 10:58 AM
"The Duchess of Cornwall, 72, has also been tested but does not have the virus."

There's simply no justice is there?

my own coronavirus wish list:

Johnson
Clegg
Cameron
Corbyn
Fuckrage
Rees-Cunt
Piers Morgan
The Wetherspoons guy

Niall_Quinn
25-03-2020, 11:00 AM
"The Duchess of Cornwall, 72, has also been tested but does not have the virus."

There's simply no justice is there?

my own coronavirus wish list:

Johnson
Clegg
Cameron
Corbyn
Fuckrage
Rees-Cunt
Piers Morgan
The Wetherspoons guy

And that guy in the newsagent who stopped getting Shoot in, just when the league ladders were being given away. If he's not already dead.

Mac76
25-03-2020, 11:01 AM
oh and i forgot Murdoch and Brookes

Ollie the Optimist
25-03-2020, 11:02 AM
Best thing about working from home is having two dogs.

They are loving the amount of walks they get as each one of us in the house takes them out for a once a day walk :lol:

Niall_Quinn
25-03-2020, 11:03 AM

They are loving the amount of walks they get as each one of us in the house takes them out for a once a day walk :lol:

I knew your username would come in handy one day.

Letters
25-03-2020, 11:07 AM
Long queues of huddled New Yorkers, standing in the rain, waiting to be tested to see if they have the virus.

Say what?????

Same when they made them all queue for hours in close proximity in airports to be tested. Madness.
Some of them probably had it but were asymptomatic so would have been spreading it quietly through the crowds.
Big cities generally do not lend themselves to self isolation.

Letters
25-03-2020, 11:16 AM

I keep forgetting you're married now, to another toff by the looks of it.
I still think you're about 15 tbh.

GP
25-03-2020, 11:33 AM
Fuck, I forgot Ollie and WMUG were different people.

Letters
25-03-2020, 11:37 AM
Fuck, I forgot Ollie and WMUG were different people.

Yep. Just like 4th and Mrs 4th...

WMUG
25-03-2020, 11:37 AM
He's a God botherer. I'm insulted.

Mac76
25-03-2020, 11:42 AM
i like this :lol:

https://twitter.com/JamesBlunt/status/1242751811594878976

Mac76
25-03-2020, 11:44 AM
and this...

https://twitter.com/A50Challenge/status/1242436934280101889

Marc Overmars
25-03-2020, 12:12 PM
Woah, just seen an unmarked police car doing the rounds. All feels very real now tbh.

Letters
25-03-2020, 12:26 PM
Woah, just seen an unmarked police car doing the rounds. All feels very real now tbh.

I just saw something on a local FB group about someone being stopped in their car late last night and being asked where he was going.
He had to produce documents proving he was a "key worker".
Holy shit! Is this where are are now? We can't go for a drive? i mean, I don't know why you would do that late at night but what's the issue if you do?
By definition you're in a vehicle thus won't be spreading the virus.

#MakeOrwellFictionAgain :(

Mac76
25-03-2020, 01:15 PM
I just saw something on a local FB group about someone being stopped in their car late last night and being asked where he was going.
Holy shit! Is this where are are now? We can't go for a drive? i mean, I don't know why you would do that late at night but what's the issue if you do?

These new curbs are basically a free pass for any pocket Hitlers in the police right now to bother people for no particular reason

Niall_Quinn
25-03-2020, 01:18 PM
and this...

https://twitter.com/A50Challenge/status/1242436934280101889

Nah. Germany has become about as reliable as China when it comes to reporting state related statistics. They've probably excluded a whole number of cases from that data because the victims would have been offended in some manner or another (and I'm only partly joking). Also, nobody has made it clear what a COVID19 related fatality actually is yet. So before the political super-dickheads start awarding the prizes (as they were doing for China earlier in the week and Singapore before that), let's wait until "the season" is over. Knobs on Twitter imagine it's a couple more weeks of holiday and old people dying and then back to their normal, pointless existence.

Niall_Quinn
25-03-2020, 01:24 PM
These new curbs are basically a free pass for any pocket Hitlers in the police right now to bother people for no particular reason

Unfortunately. This is why people needed to have a functioning brain to steer the narrow path between what was acceptable and what was not. It was more than acceptable to ask people to self isolate to try to dampen down the coming pressure on the NHS. But the army of mindlessly selfish cunts out there decided not to assist. So now, people with the best intentions as well as those with the darkest wet dreams have an opportunity to lock it all down. And wait and see - if they call on brown shirts to stomp up and down your street, the mindless cunts who were sunbathing through this will be the first to volunteer.

Too many thick people now. Too many people who are proud of their ignorance. Not entirely their fault. The "progressive" lunatics who have been allowed to run wild through the political and education system need to shoulder a lot of the blame.

Niall_Quinn
25-03-2020, 01:28 PM

BUT CARBON MAN! Deadly fossil fuels! About time people got arrested for driving and causing the whole world to end in 2012.

They don't actually have powers of arrest in these situations.

Yet.

But the media is working hard to get that in place.

Letters
25-03-2020, 02:25 PM
The nation’s drunks will be delighted

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52033260

Mac76
25-03-2020, 02:26 PM
Unfortunately. This is why people needed to have a functioning brain to steer the narrow path between what was acceptable and what was not. It was more than acceptable to ask people to self isolate to try to dampen down the coming pressure on the NHS. But the army of mindlessly selfish cunts out there decided not to assist. So now, people with the best intentions as well as those with the darkest wet dreams have an opportunity to lock it all down. And wait and see - if they call on brown shirts to stomp up and down your street, the mindless cunts who were sunbathing through this will be the first to volunteer.

Too many thick people now. Too many people who are proud of their ignorance. Not entirely their fault. The "progressive" lunatics who have been allowed to run wild through the political and education system need to shoulder a lot of the blame.

really? i thought it was the daily mail, sun, etc attitude of flog people in public without mercy, present everything as black-and-white, forget facts, truth or nuance, 'it's either this or it's that' mentality that was to blame... :rolleyes:

Niall_Quinn
25-03-2020, 02:28 PM
The nation’s drunks will be delighted

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52033260

Indeed.

Drunks :sulk:

Niall_Quinn
25-03-2020, 02:32 PM
really? i thought it was the daily mail, sun, etc attitude of flog people in public without mercy, present everything as black-and-white, forget facts, truth or nuance, 'it's either this or it's that' mentality that was to blame... :rolleyes:

The media is just a network of repeaters. Like everyone else, they work for whoever pays the bills.

Letters
25-03-2020, 02:49 PM
Too many thick people now. Too many people who are proud of their ignorance.
Brexit :bow:

Letters
25-03-2020, 02:52 PM
Nah. Germany has become about as reliable as China when it comes to reporting state related statistics. They've probably excluded a whole number of cases from that data because the victims would have been offended in some manner or another (and I'm only partly joking). Also, nobody has made it clear what a COVID19 related fatality actually is yet. So before the political super-dickheads start awarding the prizes (as they were doing for China earlier in the week and Singapore before that), let's wait until "the season" is over. Knobs on Twitter imagine it's a couple more weeks of holiday and old people dying and then back to their normal, pointless existence.

I actually don't think there is an issue with countries deliberately misreporting the numbers, but the numbers are meaningless because it entirely depends on how much testing they're doing. The number of celebs infected implies that either this thing disproportionately affects them, or it's just that they're monied and therefore more likely to be tested. Because they're better than us, so we need to make sure they're OK. Chances are loads of people are infected and don't know it. We've all been a bit under the weather here, I think it's just a cold but it could be "it". But we've not been tested so we'll never know. Till a couple of weeks ago I was commuting which is not conducive to social distancing, who knows what I might have picked up.

Letters
25-03-2020, 02:54 PM
Now hotties are dying :angry:

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-briton-21-with-no-existing-health-conditions-dies-after-contracting-covid-19-11963451

:rose:

Niall_Quinn
25-03-2020, 03:26 PM
I actually don't think there is an issue with countries deliberately misreporting the numbers, but the numbers are meaningless because it entirely depends on how much testing they're doing. The number of celebs infected implies that either this thing disproportionately affects them, or it's just that they're monied and therefore more likely to be tested. Because they're better than us, so we need to make sure they're OK. Chances are loads of people are infected and don't know it. We've all been a bit under the weather here, I think it's just a cold but it could be "it". But we've not been tested so we'll never know. Till a couple of weeks ago I was commuting which is not conducive to social distancing, who knows what I might have picked up.

The Chinese lied, covered-up, arrested "whistleblowers", disappeared doctors and journalists and only came clean when they couldn't possibly hide the facts. So some, certainly, have lied. And the World Health Organisation lied right along with them.

But true, it depends on testing and it depends on the conditions under which the initial outbreaks occurred, government responses, response from the population, a multitude of factors. Which is why is isn't helpful to have Twatter mongs trying to score points in their fantasy death league. But I guess that's what Twatter mongs do.

Mac76
25-03-2020, 04:21 PM
Half the UK population could already be infected https://www.cityam.com/coronavirus-may-have-infected-half-of-uk-population-according-to-experts/

Johnson :haha:

lockdown :haha:

taking control :haha:

Mac76
25-03-2020, 04:52 PM
The Extinction Rebellion thing is fake news: https://twitter.com/XRebellionUK/status/1242759433916223488

now there's a surprise... :rolleyes:

Letters
25-03-2020, 05:02 PM
Here's Boris :popcorn:

Niall_Quinn
25-03-2020, 05:23 PM
Half the UK population could already be infected https://www.cityam.com/coronavirus-may-have-infected-half-of-uk-population-according-to-experts/

https://www.dailywire.com/news/oxford-epidemiologist-heres-why-that-doomsday-model-is-likely-way-off

In fact the initial response could have been the ideal one. Testing will tell one way or the other. Just goes to show how difficult those decisions must have been with "the science" basically stating diametric opinions.

Niall_Quinn
25-03-2020, 05:29 PM
The Extinction Rebellion thing is fake news: https://twitter.com/XRebellionUK/status/1242759433916223488

now there's a surprise... :rolleyes:

The most remarkable aspect of this crisis, as strange and unreal as it has all been in terms of everyday life, is the ability of the Twatter mongs to just carry on without missing a beat. These aren't real people any more, they have merged with the machine and are part of a global collective of supreme stupidity. Try talking rationally to one of these fucks. It's not possible.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-03-2020, 05:39 PM
A team press conference today.

Video link with the journos. :lol:

Pre-recorded? :ninja:

Niall_Quinn
25-03-2020, 05:48 PM
A team press conference today.

Video link with the journos. :lol:

Pre-recorded? :ninja:

tbf, the stench of those journalists day after day must have been unbearable. Probably just taking a break to hose the place down. Then they'll put some straw down and let them back in.

Niall_Quinn
25-03-2020, 05:49 PM
405k volunteers in one day. This is a pretty amazing country really. When all is said and done.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-03-2020, 05:49 PM
You think Kuenssberg drops one every now and then?

Fair.

Niall_Quinn
25-03-2020, 05:51 PM
Laura CUNTS-berg's first question, "Is the government really coping?"

What a cunt. What does "coping" mean? Does she want to know if they have everything figured out down to the last issue? Sheesh. They can't even handle a unique moment in living memory with total precision. Useless!

Shut down the fucking BBC now. They are an enemy of the people.

Niall_Quinn
25-03-2020, 05:53 PM
You think Kuenssberg drops one every now and then?

Fair.

I think she probably births jackals on the floor and lets the hydra she rode in on shit in the lobby. Can't be pleasant.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-03-2020, 06:28 PM
Laura CUNTS-berg's first question, "Is the government really coping?"

What a cunt. What does "coping" mean? Does she want to know if they have everything figured out down to the last issue? Sheesh. They can't even handle a unique moment in living memory with total precision. Useless!

Shut down the fucking BBC now. They are an enemy of the people.

Doesn't he look tired?

Niall_Quinn
25-03-2020, 06:45 PM
Doesn't he look tired?

I could respect them if they were that intelligent. But it's so stupidly blatant.

Then again, we've all seen their target audience these past weeks.

Niall_Quinn
25-03-2020, 06:46 PM
Doesn't he look tired?

And anyway - what exactly is Torchwood doing during this crisis? Don't know why we waste our money on that lot.

Niall_Quinn
25-03-2020, 06:48 PM
Is it time yet for a re-watch of S1-5 of GoT? Or am I jumping the gun?

If not now, when?

McNamara That Ghost...
25-03-2020, 06:57 PM
And anyway - what exactly is Torchwood doing during this crisis? Don't know why we waste our money on that lot.

I've only recently started Torchwood.

Jack Harkness is probably getting pissed. Just remembered when it was I saw him last and it wasn't what I said before.

And as for GoT, I'll rewatch the whole thing again now I am doing the whole working at home thing.

Mac76
25-03-2020, 10:16 PM
Stokes submitting his entry for the Michael Owen Award for Complete Moronity

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/52042617

"I have to get my head round that I am playing even though in the back of my mind I know I am probably not."

Err, yeah...right... :wacko: :haha:

Mac76
25-03-2020, 10:21 PM
Off-licences are classified as essential shops - this is more like it :beer:

Mac76
26-03-2020, 08:53 AM
Wot no new posts? :tumbleweed:

is this a GW lockdown?! :police:

Ollie the Optimist
26-03-2020, 08:53 AM
I keep forgetting you're married now, to another toff by the looks of it.
I still think you're about 15 tbh.

Us toffs stick together !

Although they aren’t my dogs but my parents. Sadly the flat we were going to buy fell through so we escaped london to the farm so at least we get fresh air

Letters
26-03-2020, 08:55 AM
Banks :bow:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52043896

Ollie the Optimist
26-03-2020, 08:55 AM

If this was the case then surely the tests that have been carried out would support this theory? Given there have been around 90,000 tests and only 7,000 are positive, if 50% of the population had it then wouldn’t the number of cases be higher in the official tests?

Mac76
26-03-2020, 09:00 AM
If this was the case then surely the tests that have been carried out would support this theory? Given there have been around 90,000 tests and only 7,000 are positive, if 50% of the population had it then wouldn’t the number of cases be higher in the official tests?

not necessarily

how do they select those who are tested - i suspect it's at least partly self-selecting which means those being tested are probably the most cautious and are avoiding all contact etc.

Ollie the Optimist
26-03-2020, 09:14 AM
not necessarily

how do they select those who are tested - i suspect it's at least partly self-selecting which means those being tested are probably the most cautious and are avoiding all contact etc.

Perhaps. I dont know how they select those for testing but surely it 50% of us had, then the there would be a higher % of cases in the official testing results rather than the 8% or so currently

Letters
26-03-2020, 09:30 AM
not necessarily

Hmm. But aren’t they more likely to test people who have symptoms?
I’m with Ollie, if the infection rate was that high then you’d expect the test results to show more positive results.

WMUG
26-03-2020, 09:41 AM
My doctor mate was telling me the tests are only 70% accurate, apparently if you aren't showing symptoms your viral load will likely be too low to register.

Or something :shrug:

Niall_Quinn
26-03-2020, 10:42 AM
Us toffs stick together !

Although they aren’t my dogs but my parents. Sadly the flat we were going to buy fell through so we escaped london to the farm so at least we get fresh air

Yep, it's always worth keeping a country estate handy for emergencies.

Mac76
26-03-2020, 10:49 AM
Although they aren’t my dogs but my parents.

Do your parents often get mistaken for dogs...?

Letters
26-03-2020, 10:54 AM
:lol:

Niall_Quinn
26-03-2020, 10:55 AM
Hmm. But aren’t they more likely to test people who have symptoms?
I’m with Ollie, if the infection rate was that high then you’d expect the test results to show more positive results.

That's exactly the problem. People with common colds and broken fingernails, exceeded overdrafts, aversion to Jimmy Carr, they're all turning up with "Coronavirus". And at least half the number of tests conducted will be on medical staff, I would guess. And hopefully none of them have it. A more representative sample will come from New York where they are testing the general population. Of course they are probably getting them infected while they wait to be tested, so who knows?

Niall_Quinn
26-03-2020, 10:59 AM
Banks :bow:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52043896

Bankers have a very different and far deadlier disease. There seems to be no cure and no hope of one. A cull is the only solution I can think of that might be effective.

Niall_Quinn
26-03-2020, 11:09 AM
So, I've started to watch videos on epidemiology, mainly because (for some reason) I can spell that word first time at every attempt. There was some other reason too but I forget.

COVID-CID-19 currently exists in two strains, the highly contagious strain L and the less contagious and less dangerous S. Most cases in China were L. Most cases over here appear to be S, so far. This creates a difficulty in that scientists don't yet know if naturally developed antibodies effective against one strain will also be effective against the other. That is what's causing all the debate and argument regarding herd immunity. A vaccine would be effective against both, as it could target commonalities. But that's several months away yet.

So, apparently, yes - it might be possible to catch this thing, recover and catch it again. And there's a very high likelihood it will be back in the winter, maybe in its more dangerous form. And that's if it doesn't mutate again, although the high probability is that each subsequent mutation will be less dangerous than the last and, like Ebola, a strain could develop that hinders or kills the other varieties.

Also, the L strain has the potential to cause respiratory complications in a wider demographic, not just the elderly and infirm. So social distancing is absolutely essential because we don't need that shit breaking out into large sections of the population.

Don't know if any of this is true, just repeating what I heard. So don't start developing a vaccine of your own without doing further research.

Mac76
26-03-2020, 11:29 AM
Cheers for that, will have a longer read while i'm on the tube ;)

*only joking of course...

Niall_Quinn
26-03-2020, 12:23 PM
The temporary hospital they are setting up in London is crazy. The main treatment hall is 1km long, for 4,000 beds. And they are setting up 10 more across the country.

Niall_Quinn
26-03-2020, 12:24 PM
Also Putin is running naval exercises off our coast that is tying up our military. What a prick. Give it a rest will you?

Letters
26-03-2020, 12:32 PM
Went out for a walk earlier and have to say round my way people are taking this social distancing stuff properly and keeping carefully away from each other.
Obviously I'm used to seeing people cross the street when I come towards them, but now I can pretend it's because they're following government advice.

Niall_Quinn
26-03-2020, 01:02 PM
Are you still wearing that bloody awful shirt?

Letters
26-03-2020, 01:05 PM
<_<

Yes.

Also, grim:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51714498

Niall_Quinn
26-03-2020, 01:06 PM
Fucking awful stuff going on in Spain. I hope we've had enough time here to prepare and we've prepared properly.

In Sweden people still going to restaurants and bars.

Letters
26-03-2020, 01:14 PM
I’m thinking that Boris telling us all to go to our room is too little, too late.
It’s already “out there” now and enough people probably have it that a lot will get very ill or die.

Niall_Quinn
26-03-2020, 01:15 PM
Virus proliferates best in low humidity, lower temperatures. High humidity and temps above 22C inhibit (though doesn't stop) spread. Temps above 30C significantly hinders it. Again, just passing on what I'm reading. Not an expert (except for the spelling).

Keep your levels of vitamin D at optimum. This won't stop you getting infected, but will help fighting respiratory conditions. But don't just stuff tons of pills because you can OD and poison yourself.

Vitamin C used to boost immune system.

Do NOT drink animal urine. Scientists outside India fairly certain that's a bad move.

Letters
26-03-2020, 01:18 PM
Do NOT drink animal urine.

Don’t you tell me what to do :sulk:

Niall_Quinn
26-03-2020, 01:22 PM
I’m thinking that Boris telling us all to go to our room is too little, too late.
It’s already “out there” now and enough people probably have it that a lot will get very ill or die.

Better late than never. What's very hard to believe is "the scientists" didn't have a consensus on this, given the 2 decades they've had to prepare. Shocking. Yes, global governments have all but ignored the threat, even though experts who spend their lives monitoring and responding to shit like this were shouting the alarm. But how do they not know more about immunity, for example? They've seen SARS (and COVID19 is a derivative of that), they've seen other Coronavirus strains. But we had one lot recommend total infection and another lot total lockdown. How can that be? I know it's a novel strain, but it's not like it came from outer space.

Niall_Quinn
26-03-2020, 01:24 PM
Don’t you tell me what to do :sulk:

Well at least don't spill it down that shirt again. Or is that your take on protective gear? The awful colour and the unique odour kills Coronavirus stone dead.

Mac76
26-03-2020, 01:29 PM
it's not like it came from outer space.

don't be too sure... (just realised we're missing an :alien: emoji)

Niall_Quinn
26-03-2020, 02:16 PM
Who needs Lord Haw Haw when you have the BBC and Sky News?

Ollie the Optimist
26-03-2020, 02:26 PM

At least he is being guided by the experts rather than making it up as he goes along and doing what is popular! It does make me laugh after the last four years of people complaining he is ignoring the experts, now complaining that he is not ignoring the experts.

on a serious point, i saw a stat this morning that the UK, Italy & Spain all had their 10th confirmed case of coronavirus around similar time (give or take 2/3 days) yet when you now compare the numbers, perhaps the uk statergy is working? Singapore is supposedly having a second wave of infections and reintroducing lockdown measures which is exactly what the uk said would happen and hwy didnt want to go into lockdown too early.

Niall_Quinn
26-03-2020, 02:30 PM
The stimulus packages are a lifeline for a lot of people, granted. But why does the problem have to be worked this way around? The issue seems to be that people won't have cash to pay their bills at the end of the month.

So stop the bills.

Mortgages, loan repayments, rents, rates, credit agreements, electricity, telephone, Internet, Sky TV... all of it. No bills. Instead have the companies send the bills to the government. Wouldn't that be a lot simpler, wouldn't it immediately cut out the arseholes who are going to try to game this, wouldn't it cut down the administration to a fraction?

It's pretty stupid throwing money at people so they can give it to the corporations and landlords anyway. Give the money direct. Use the savings from fraudulent claims to buy a bunch of food packages and send them to people who have zero cash. All we really need right now is food, isn't it?

Oh, and maybe make the payments to companies like banks a loan, instead of a handout. After all, the banks don't give money for free, do they? So why should they get it for free? They can afford a couple of months loss of ill-gotten revenue, especially if the cost was spread over, let's say 60 months at,.. How does 39.9% APR sound? Same rates they were screwing poverty stricken borrowers for when the base rate was close to zero.

Sounds like the shoe would be on the other foot for a change.

Letters
26-03-2020, 02:40 PM
At least he is being guided by the experts rather than making it up as he goes along and doing what is popular! It does make me laugh after the last four years of people complaining he is ignoring the experts, now complaining that he is not ignoring the experts.
A toff backing the Tories. Amazing! :faint:
;)

Although I can't abide Boris (I mean, I like him as affable bumbling entertainer, sure, but I'd rather he wasn't in power), secretly I think he's actually doing a pretty decent job in all this. I don't know if he's getting everything right but who even knows what "right" even looks like in a situation

on a serious point, i saw a stat this morning that the UK, Italy & Spain all had their 10th confirmed case of coronavirus around similar time (give or take 2/3 days) yet when you now compare the numbers, perhaps the uk statergy is working? Singapore is supposedly having a second wave of infections and reintroducing lockdown measures which is exactly what the uk said would happen and hwy didnt want to go into lockdown too early.

Really hard to tell. Maybe. Although as I said earlier the different testing strategies in different countries make it really hard to compare like for like in different countries. I did see an alarming graph earlier with Italy, Spain and China's death rates and China's flatten out while Italy and Spain are going through the roof.
Hopefully they can get on top of it and we don't follow suit.

Letters
26-03-2020, 02:46 PM
Just saw this:

Prince Charles is self-isolating at Balmoral with Covid-19
Prince Andrew is self-isolating at Windsor with Jennifer-14

Chuckle.

Niall_Quinn
26-03-2020, 02:58 PM
560,000 people respond to call for NHS volunteers. And more responding. Pretty amazing.

This answers that longstanding argument made by cynics that all people are fundamentally selfish and beyond redemption. Wrong. SOME people are like that, usually the ones calling out everyone else.

Red Cross made first batch of requests yesterday, so I guess I'll soon be a parcel delivery bod. That means I can legitimately shout at bikists and run them off the road :trophy:

Ollie the Optimist
26-03-2020, 03:12 PM
A toff backing the Tories. Amazing! :faint:
;)

Believe it or not, i actually quit the party over the leadership election, I couldn’t vote for either him or Hunt so resigned my membership!

Niall_Quinn
26-03-2020, 04:41 PM
Now the US is conducting live fire exercises in the Philippine Sea.

We have a real problem with the twats who run this shitshow of a world. I think we need an outbreak of Revolution-21 which is lethal to the ruling classes.

Letters
26-03-2020, 04:45 PM
I think we need an outbreak of Revolution-21 which is lethal to the ruling classes.

Ollie :rose:

GP
26-03-2020, 04:54 PM
How come any of the really good Tories didn't run, like Mark Francois, Andrew Bridgen, Andrea Jenkyns, Owen Patterson, Marcus Fysh...

Niall_Quinn
26-03-2020, 06:03 PM
Ollie :rose:

He's trainee ruling class, exempt for now.

McNamara That Ghost...
26-03-2020, 06:32 PM
103 further deaths in the UK.

It's coming isn't it? :(

McNamara That Ghost...
26-03-2020, 06:33 PM
560,000 people respond to call for NHS volunteers. And more responding. Pretty amazing.

This answers that longstanding argument made by cynics that all people are fundamentally selfish and beyond redemption. Wrong. SOME people are like that, usually the ones calling out everyone else.

Red Cross made first batch of requests yesterday, so I guess I'll soon be a parcel delivery bod. That means I can legitimately shout at bikists and run them off the road :trophy:

Also means 64 million didn't sign up. :ninja:

McNamara That Ghost...
26-03-2020, 06:44 PM
How come any of the really good Tories didn't run, like Mark Francois, Andrew Bridgen, Andrea Jenkyns, Owen Patterson, Marcus Fysh...

Christopher Chope.

Absolute maverick. And fucking weirdo.

Mac76
26-03-2020, 06:54 PM

that's actually a list of some of the biggest ****s not just in the tory party, not just in the country but in fact the entire fucking world...

Niall_Quinn
26-03-2020, 07:27 PM
that's actually a list of some of the biggest ****s not just in the tory party, not just in the country but in fact the entire fucking world...

Throwing it out there as a possibility, but maybe that was the point?

Niall_Quinn
26-03-2020, 07:29 PM
Where did LDG go? Did he die from Coronavirus?

Can I have his picks for the next Euro sweeps? As opposed to fucking Poland?

Letters
26-03-2020, 07:38 PM
I think we can all assume that Coney's dead, but what happened to Zim?
Has he died of not having any Arsenal results to moan about?

Mac76
26-03-2020, 07:38 PM
Throwing it out there as a possibility, but maybe that was the point?

I thought maybe it was so, but i'm not one to leave things to chance... plus it's hard to resist an opportunity to heap abuse on a crowd like that :lol:

LDG
26-03-2020, 08:22 PM
Where did LDG go? Did he die from Coronavirus?

Can I have his picks for the next Euro sweeps? As opposed to fucking Poland?

:wave:

Been working my back wheels off at home :(

So I reckon at least 5 million have had this virus in the last few months. Gotta be. This fucker has been a out for a while I’ll bet.

GP
26-03-2020, 08:41 PM
Christopher Chope.

Absolute maverick. And fucking weirdo.

OBJECT!

GP
26-03-2020, 08:42 PM

Standard Tory.

There's not a single one of them who's a half decent human being.

Scum, sub-human scum.

Niall_Quinn
26-03-2020, 10:03 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52039832

That's awful. Imagine having to put up with a raving woofter roaming around the place.

Letters
26-03-2020, 10:08 PM
Trump :doh:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52056586

GP
26-03-2020, 10:10 PM

The only think he's fucked more than this is his daughter.

Letters
26-03-2020, 11:11 PM
Look at this cunt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kALaMNxeSzU

Honestly. Look at him.

All he's done is continued to say "It's great, it'll go away, we're handling it great" as the numbers grow exponentially.
People are going to die because he has no clue what he's doing. It's tragic.

Niall_Quinn
26-03-2020, 11:51 PM

Fake news BBC at it again. Currently the death toll in the US is one of the lowest per 100,000 of the population, second only to the Germans. And testing has been ramped up considerably, so of course there are more cases. We'd have millions here in the UK if enough test kits were distributed. And there are undoubtedly millions in China but you'll never get a straight answer from them anyway.

Fake news operations like the BBC, Sky, NYT etc are screaming out headlines about death tolls and infections without any context. Trump's handling of the situation, while having to simultaneously fight internal sabotage by the Democrats, has been effective, hence his steadily increasing approval rating among Americans (as opposed to corporate sponsored hacks in the media).

And even then, the media's blind acceptance of propaganda coming out of China is very notable. Despite the Chinese regime being responsible for an estimated 95% of the global deaths so far, due to their attempts to hide the outbreak and silence those trying to bring attention to it, the bought and paid for leftist media (and now even right wing sources like the Daily Mail) take every word coming from Beijing at face value before turning all their doubts on the UK and US governments. The fifth column at work again, just as it was during Brexit and Russia!Russia!Russia! No matter how ludicrous it gets, they persist. Perhaps the Daily Mail's recent content sharing arrangement with a major Chinese propaganda agency could explain their sudden warm and fuzzy attitude towards despotic regimes?

The mainstream fake news is going to be a casualty of this pandemic. Decent human beings who can put aside partisan politics at a time of real (as opposed to imagined) crisis have the opportunity to see these hacks unmasked. Th legacy dinosaur media was already dying. This will hasten their extinction, to the betterment of mankind.

McNamara That Ghost...
27-03-2020, 12:17 AM
OBJECT!

OBJECTION!!!

McNamara That Ghost...
27-03-2020, 12:31 AM
Look at this cunt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kALaMNxeSzU

Honestly. Look at him.

All he's done is continued to say "It's great, it'll go away, we're handling it great" as the numbers grow exponentially.
People are going to die because he has no clue what he's doing. It's tragic.

Sociopathic springs to mind, has no care what he says no matter how reckless it is in such a position of power, so long as he can retain his voters for the election later this year.

I don't care what anyone says I can see it with my own eyes, this guy is the worst. Abhorrent.

Mac76
27-03-2020, 12:36 AM
Sociopathic springs to mind, has no care what he says no matter how reckless it is in such a position of power, so long as he can retain his voters for the election later this year.

I don't care what anyone says I can see it with my own eyes, this guy is the worst. Abhorrent.

:gp:

Letters
27-03-2020, 07:15 AM

I genuinely don't understand it. How can people not see this?
I can't stand Boris, he has lied his way into Number 10 - I guess they all do, but it's so blatant with him.
He has some pretty objectionable views but his veneer of bumbling affability is depressing effective.
BUT...he is a smart guy. It's a tactic which has served him well and he is very switched on. I actually think he's doing OK in all this.
All Trump has done is just kept repeating how great he's doing and how it's all going to go away.
Stupid, dangerous cunt.
It's not an act with him. He genuinely doesn't know what he's doing and his narcissism is so evident in the way he reacts when anyone puts him under any scrutiny.

LDG
27-03-2020, 07:29 AM
Corbyn waz rite

What a fucking twat.

Letters
27-03-2020, 07:36 AM
Fake news BBC at it again.

Sigh. This is one of Trump's most dangerous tactics. Attempt to de-legitimise the press, the very people who should be holding him to account.
The media are "fake news", you get your real news from me - the actions of a wannabe dictator.

But it's not fake news, is it? You just saying it is doesn't make it so any more than Trump saying he's doing a great job and that this will all go away makes that true. The BBC are simply reporting that the US total cases is the highest in the world. They've named their source. And they are correct.

Currently the death toll in the US is one of the lowest per 100,000 of the population, second only to the Germans.

Nope. Ironically, THAT is fake news:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

You can sort by total deaths per million. Loads of countries have lower. They're mid-table at best. Unless you have a different source.
Now, of course, the testing regime is a fair point. I've said this before, that does make the number of cases in each country a poor indicator of actual infection rate but death rate is more objective and while theirs is nowhere near the worst it most certainly is not the 2nd best in the world.

Trump's handling of the situation, while having to simultaneously fight internal sabotage by the Democrats, has been effective, hence his steadily increasing approval rating among Americans

No, it hasn't. And his increasing approval rating isn't any indication that it has any more than him just repeatedly saying he's doing a great job makes it so.

GP
27-03-2020, 09:09 AM
How fucking thick do you have to be to go around squealing "FAKE NEWS!" at anything you don't like?

Mac76
27-03-2020, 09:18 AM
Trump has succeeded - he wanted to put 'America First' and he has because they're first in the league table for coronavirus :trophy: :haha:

WMUG
27-03-2020, 09:30 AM
- a state-by-state or even county-by-county approach to lockdowns; no consistent approach.

- no prevention of people flying in to or out of the different states; no stopping fresh supplies of the virus even in the states where they practice hard lockdowns.

- no social welfare system to speak of, which means that a lot of people will be working even when they shouldn't be, because they can't afford not to.

- medical services that you have to bankrupt yourself to pay for even in a pandemic.

- a national tradition of mistrusting the government, and an disinclination to be told; therefore it's likely that a large percentage of the population won't obey directions.

Jesus America is so fucked.

Letters
27-03-2020, 09:42 AM
Yes, and before we start sucking Trump's cock because the death rate per population is one of the lowest (which, as discussed, it isn't), it's worth nothing another column in the source I provided, the number of "active" cases. Which is a shitload. So let's see how they're doing in a month's time...

Who knew that having a sociopath narcissist who wouldn't know the truth if it smacked him round the chops in the White House would be a bad idea?

Letters
27-03-2020, 11:22 AM
Reports that Boris has tested positive

https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/27/boris-johnson-tests-positive-coronavirus-12465507/

It's not on the BBC yet so not sure whether to believe it, but a pre-emptive :haha:

Letters
27-03-2020, 11:26 AM
Now it is

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52060791

As I was saying, :haha:

Niall_Quinn
27-03-2020, 11:31 AM
Now wait a second, you can't go changing the ground rules set by your own fake news media. Sure, Turnipland or Outer Zululand or even Russia (through lack of factual reporting no doubt) may well have lower figures, and some nations still don't have any cases at all I think. But we're talking about the basket the fake news media has selected and is now attempting to use to show that the "epicentre" has switched to the US. From the media's own basket, the US has a very low mortality rate comparatively speaking.

And you missed the whole part about one side of their comparison having come from the Chinese regime whose inaction and lack of reporting has been estimated to have caused 95% of global infections and death so far. Why is their data credible in any way? We just accept it, despite them locking up their own doctors to prevent them disseminating timely and useful information? Yeah, the BBC and Sky News and the other repeaters will just accept it because it suits their agendas, but normal, thinking people just sit there and conclude, right, it's the Chinese so that must be true? This is where you people have positioned yourselves. Think about that.

It's very illustrative indeed that some people would rather trust the word of a communist regime that has caused a pandemic against the word of a civilised nation that has a press 100% committed to discrediting their democratically elected government in every way they can find. So if there's any kind of shit, they'll dig as deep as required. And when they find nothing they invents it. Russia!Russia!Russia! That's how biased the situation is. And some people happily go with that because - ORANGE MAN BAD. No other reason. You've been told ORANGE MAN BAD, so you repeat ORANGE MAN BAD, even when a communist regime is the bedfellow you have to lie down with. That's the only cock-sucking going on here, btw.

But, you pick your side I guess, and we'll see how this plays out. We've seen the EU disintegrate into a explosion of national sovereignty flying apart in a thousand different directions. ORANGE MAN BAD! We've seen the fruits of globalism come home to roost, not just with this current situation but also the last global crisis in 2008. ORANGE MAN BAD! We've seen the banks exposed in all their Ponzi glory as they conjure trillions out of thin air to prop up their melting economies. ORANGE MAN BAD!

In reality, those attempting to reign back the globalists have advocated independent national action, domestic production, controlled borders, free trade minus the collectivist strings, everything that has been required and defaulted to during this global crisis. But ORANGE MAN BAD.

And this is why you're hearing the BBC and other fake news media crowing about death tolls and unemployment figures with the emphasis on the west rather than squarely on the culprit that has caused the crisis. Because, in a highly imperfect world, globalism (or communism, to give it its non-euphemistic definition, the least useful solution of them all) has been thoroughly exposed and discredited and in the face of a real crisis, as opposed to imaginary ones like warmism or the availability of transgender toilets, leaders like Trump have been proven correct. And we can't have that because - ORANGE MAN BAD!

Niall_Quinn
27-03-2020, 11:34 AM
Now it is

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52060791

As I was saying, :haha:

You get Dominic Raab dude. So don't laugh too hard.

Niall_Quinn
27-03-2020, 11:50 AM
How fucking thick do you have to be to go around squealing "FAKE NEWS!" at anything you don't like?

Where are the WMD? Are they over there? Under here? Oh where, oh where could they be?

Letters
27-03-2020, 12:09 PM
Now wait a second, you can't go changing the ground rules set by your own fake news media.
The only ground rule for whether a story is "fake news" or not is whether it is true.
The BBC simply reported that the USA have now the most cases globally. Which is true, they do.
So no, not fake news. Just news.

But we're talking about the basket the fake news media has selected and is now attempting to use to show that the "epicentre" has switched to the US. From the media's own basket, the US has a very low mortality rate comparatively speaking.

There isn't a basket. You seem to be making one up, but you simply said that only Germany has a lower rate per population.
That is incorrect. To coin a phrase, it's "fake news".
And yes, lots of countries have very few or no cases, but then some countries like the Caymen Islands have only had one death but because they have a low population it looks like the rate is very high.
So far the USA's deaths per population stats is pretty good, but they have over 80,000 "active cases" and climbing, so it's a bit early to be praising them for that.

Your long rambling diversion about China is a completely separate topic.

You've been told ORANGE MAN BAD, so you repeat ORANGE MAN BAD

No. I have seen a lot of what the ORANGE MAN has said and written and my own conclusion is "BAD".
Him just saying "it's all fine, it'll go away, I'm doing a great job" doesn't make any of that true.
In happier times when the Americans can keep going around waving little Stars and Stripes and shooting each other, it probably doesn't matter so much who is in the White House. When there's a real crisis you kinda want someone competent there and Trump repeatedly shows he isn't.

TL;DR - divert all you like but you called something "fake news" which was factually correct and then you immediately claimed something which was factually incorrect. Ironic, non?

Letters
27-03-2020, 12:51 PM
But we're talking about the basket the fake news media has selected and is now attempting to use to show that the "epicentre" has switched to the US
By the way, I checked this out and it's actually the World Health Organisation who have indicated that the epicentre could be moving to the US.
The media have simply reported that

Niall_Quinn
27-03-2020, 12:57 PM
The only ground rule for whether a story is "fake news" or not is whether it is true.
The BBC simply reported that the USA have now the most cases globally. Which is true, they do.
So no, not fake news. Just news.

There isn't a basket. You seem to be making one up, but you simply said that only Germany has a lower rate per population.
That is incorrect. To coin a phrase, it's "fake news".
And yes, lots of countries have very few or no cases, but then some countries like the Caymen Islands have only had one death but because they have a low population it looks like the rate is very high.
So far the USA's deaths per population stats is pretty good, but they have over 80,000 "active cases" and climbing, so it's a bit early to be praising them for that.

Your long rambling diversion about China is a completely separate topic.

No. I have seen a lot of what the ORANGE MAN has said and written and my own conclusion is "BAD".
Him just saying "it's all fine, it'll go away, I'm doing a great job" doesn't make any of that true.
In happier times when the Americans can keep going around waving little Stars and Stripes and shooting each other, it probably doesn't matter so much who is in the White House. When there's a real crisis you kinda want someone competent there and Trump repeatedly shows he isn't.

TL;DR - divert all you like but you called something "fake news" which was factually correct and then you immediately claimed something which was factually incorrect. Ironic, non?

Divert :haha:

We really don't want to talk about China, do we? Even though they are most likely to have the most cases by magnitudes, based on their record of lies and deceit and the fact the regime couldn't give a shit about the massive rural population. Guess we'll never know for sure. But let's just assume their word is gold and then we can turn our full attention to criticising the west.

The basket, as you already know because you are a BBC fan, has been China, Italy, Spain, France, Germany, he US, the UK and (when useful) India, Australia, South Korea and Singapore. The media has been laser focused on these nations, running the death tolls in a macabre and sensationalist sporting style narrative. Off the top of your head, how do things look in Canada? Or Brazil? Or Indonesia? But yeah, I get it. Sometimes absolutes with zero context work well as "facts" - Most cases in the US / ORANGE MAN BAA-AAA-AAD!

And the salty reference to Stars and Stripes and shootings - well that just gives the game away too easily, doesn't it? Maybe one day we'll talk about the persecution of your fellow Christians in China. Surely there's some way we can blame that on the ORANGE MAN?

GP
27-03-2020, 01:00 PM
Where are the WMD? Are they over there? Under here? Oh where, oh where could they be?

Whataboutism isn't any better.

GP
27-03-2020, 01:09 PM
Matt Hancock also tests positive

McNamara That Ghost...
27-03-2020, 01:20 PM
Gove to do today's press conference and Raab is in charge overall.

Britain. :rose:

Niall_Quinn
27-03-2020, 01:25 PM
By the way, I checked this out and it's actually the World Health Organisation who have indicated that the epicentre could be moving to the US.
The media have simply reported that

Ah yes, the World "Health" Organisation. Instead of condemning China for trying to hide the outbreak (and thereby causing the pandemic), they have praised them for the "extraordinary measures" taken (by the Chinese regime).

“The Chinese government is to be congratulated for the extraordinary measures it has taken to contain the outbreak,” (Washington Post)

That was on 30 Jan when WHO finally decided to declare the Wuhan Virus a public health emergency of international concern. On the 23rd the WHO decided not to recommend travels restrictions, even though millions of Chinese were being quarantined. On the 5th Jan whistleblowers warned a person-to-person transmissible SARS like disease was spreading. The WHO released a statement advising there was "no evidence" of person-to-person transmission.

The WHO has been in this with the Chinese, up to their necks from the start. Much like they bent over for the Yanks and the Brits when they reached the astonishing and laughable conclusion that depleted uranium in the water supply is not a public health threat.

One of the most politically motivated and untrustworthy organisations on the planet and right now, for whatever reason or shady deal, playing on the Chinese team.

Niall_Quinn
27-03-2020, 01:26 PM
Gove to do today's press conference and Raab is in charge overall.

Britain. :rose:

Not Gove :doh:

Or maybe they're just trying to get him infected?

Niall_Quinn
27-03-2020, 01:30 PM
Whataboutism isn't any better.

Agreed. No reason to ever mention past behaviour and motivation as a reference point for present behaviour and motivation. That would be... almost judicial.

"Young man, this is your fiftieth time before this bench! But "whataboutit?", let's start fresh and assume you're a paragon of virtue."

"Fuck me, thanks your Honour!"

Letters
27-03-2020, 01:36 PM
Divert :haha:

Yes. To remind you, this conversation started where I posted a link to a BBC article which stated that the US now has more cases than anywhere else.
You called it fake news - which is is not, the BBC article was factually correct
Then you asserted that the deaths per population in the US was lower than anywhere but Germany - which is untrue, and with 80,000+ active cases the numbers there are almost certainly get worse, how much worse remains to be seen.

We really don't want to talk about China, do we?
Quite happy to talk about China, but it is a separate conversation.

Mac76
27-03-2020, 03:24 PM
Not Gove :doh:

Or maybe they're just trying to get him infected?

sounds good to me

McNamara That Ghost...
27-03-2020, 05:40 PM
Gove was hopeless.

So desperately trying to sound Prime Ministerial.

Kept being asked how have Gove, Hancock have got it, (Witty is self isolating) if they were practising what they preach?

Gove just kept saying the virus does not discriminate. :wacko:

Marc Overmars
27-03-2020, 06:03 PM
969 further deaths in Italy. Fuck sake.

McNamara That Ghost...
27-03-2020, 06:19 PM
Overall cases went down as well. More than enough to still be completely overwhelming them.

Till Lindemann of Rammstein is in ICU. :blink:

WMUG
27-03-2020, 06:25 PM
Es tut dir weh.

Es tut mir leid.

:(

Letters
27-03-2020, 06:59 PM
969 further deaths in Italy. Fuck sake.

I just saw that. Grim :(

LDG
27-03-2020, 07:14 PM
Pints!!!!! :beer:

WMUG
27-03-2020, 07:17 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54XLXg4fYsc

Shaqiri Is Boss
27-03-2020, 07:54 PM
Working from home is officially shit. I barely know what day it is anymore.

I'm polishing off a bottle of red. I don't drink wine.

LDG
27-03-2020, 09:19 PM

Apart from not having my awesome work chair, and subsequent back freeze, I quite like it.

Shaqiri Is Boss
27-03-2020, 09:43 PM
Apart from not having my awesome work chair, and subsequent back freeze, I quite like it.

I think I've come to the horrifying conclusion that I actually like the people I work with.

Niall_Quinn
27-03-2020, 09:45 PM

That's ketchup, you ignorant scouser. The wine is in the alcohol section.

Niall_Quinn
27-03-2020, 09:48 PM
Overall cases went down as well. More than enough to still be completely overwhelming them.

Till Lindemann of Rammstein is in ICU. :blink:

It ain't going back to the way it was.

LDG
27-03-2020, 09:55 PM
It ain't going back to the way it was.

Fucking right it isn’t.

Munchies
27-03-2020, 10:06 PM
my workplace of 6 years (healthcare) got closed suddenly today on 4 days notice

had to say goodbyes to some really good friends/colleagues as everyone is being redeployed and i was only there part time whilst I'm at uni

one day at a time :(

Niall_Quinn
27-03-2020, 10:11 PM
OMFG, Sky News is now suggesting a coup. Can Johnson continue? Will the entire government get sick and die? Should Murdoch be put in charge? I made the last one up, but give it time. Hateful, hateful, hateful mainstream media. I wonder, who can rid me of these troublesome fake journalists?

Niall_Quinn
27-03-2020, 10:14 PM
my workplace of 6 years (healthcare) got closed suddenly today on 4 days notice

had to say goodbyes to some really good friends/colleagues as everyone is being redeployed and i was only there part time whilst I'm at uni

one day at a time :(

Hello mate. Long time.

We're all in it to one degree or another, all part of future history texts and school books. Very strange times.

Chin up and if it starts getting you down, remember the day Wenger left.

Niall_Quinn
27-03-2020, 10:20 PM
Sky and BBC now claiming Italy has "overtaken" China in the Championship Death Leagues. China had 55 new cases today. Yes, of course. Sounds totally credible. Tommorow it will be 5 and the day after -5. Whatever it takes to get that paycheque.

Niall_Quinn
27-03-2020, 10:31 PM
How to defeat most paywalls put in place by despicable media companies trying to cash in on the virus.

Same principle works for all browsers but Chrome is easiest.

When paywall pops up:

Right click on greyed out background or pay dialog and select Inspect.

The browser inspector will open.

Hit the delete key to delete the element you have selected (usually the paywall element)

You may have to right click around on other elements to remove those too.

Then, in the inspector window, scroll to the top of the source code and look for the <html> element. Click on that and look in the sub-pane to the right which lists all the styles. Look for a style rule named "overflow" or "overflow-y". Deselect it so you can start scrolling down the now unprotected page.

You may also need to check the <body> element and remove the overflow rule from there too.

Now install browser plugins called AdBlocker Plus and Disconnect.

This will get rid of their ads and start directly harming their income.

You can use the techniques above to zap their ad-block detecting bullshit too.

Also, use a VPN and that denies them data, so they can't make money that way either.

And if you see any of their "journalists" in the street, whip it out and piss on them (unless they are on fire).

Niall_Quinn
27-03-2020, 10:44 PM
Well, okay, when the media does something useful I'll hold my hands up.

That question I have been asking all along, how is the mortality rate of this virus actually calculated? Well government estimates say that two thirds of the recorded deaths probably would have occurred anyway, even without the virus. That means actual deaths directly attributable to the virus (termed "excess deaths") are likely to roughly match the number of excess deaths from standard influenza.

So this is indeed, roughly, similar to the flu. In terms of the mortality rate.

In terms of the disruption, well it's in another orbit around another planet. And there will be a point where the number of deaths from the economic fallout will become greater than those caused by the virus. And that's when we'll all have to just go back to work and take our chances.

Okay, well done Sky News for digging out some useful facts. Well maybe facts. Half facts, half speculation I suppose.

LDG
27-03-2020, 10:53 PM
laura kuenssb...

She needs to piss off

LDG
27-03-2020, 10:54 PM
Well, okay, when the media does something useful I'll hold my hands up.

That question I have been asking all along, how is the mortality rate of this virus actually calculated? Well government estimates say that two thirds of the recorded deaths probably would have occurred anyway, even without the virus. That means actual deaths directly attributable to the virus (termed "excess deaths") are likely to roughly match the number of excess deaths from standard influenza.

So this is indeed, roughly, similar to the flu. In terms of the mortality rate.

In terms of the disruption, well it's in another orbit around another planet. And there will be a point where the number of deaths from the economic fallout will become greater than those caused by the virus. And that's when we'll all have to just go back to work and take our chances.

Okay, well done Sky News for digging out some useful facts. Well maybe facts. Half facts, half speculation I suppose.

Take Iceland as the base

Marc Overmars
27-03-2020, 10:55 PM
Had 2 bottles of red to myself tonight while Zooming the crew. :lol:

Thank fuck for technology because I think I’d really struggle not being able to communicate with the people I see and love the most. Added a bit of normality to what has been a shitty few weeks.