Done.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Arsenal/status/1313241301148749824

:dance:

GP
05-10-2020, 10:17 PM
Partey time.

Marc Overmars
05-10-2020, 10:20 PM
Hopefully a player who can provide a much needed boost of life into our midfield. :pray:

GP
05-10-2020, 10:20 PM
See you at the Partey, Richter.

selassie
05-10-2020, 10:21 PM
I like this new regime, identify the weaknesses in your team and go out and buy the best available player in that position from within your budget.

Yes fuckin please and thank you Edu & Mikel, I was trashing you both this morning 🤣

Great signing this, honestly he’s one of the best CM’s in Europe right now and he’s established.

GP
05-10-2020, 10:25 PM
Ghanasaurus :bow:

Letters
05-10-2020, 10:25 PM
I’m going to Partey like it’s 1989

I am invisible
05-10-2020, 10:27 PM
I’m going to Partey like it’s 1989
Better.

I am invisible
05-10-2020, 10:31 PM
Absolutely key signing, this one - adds almost every quality we’ve been lacking in midfield for years and unlocks exciting new tactical possibilities. Great bit of business.

GP
05-10-2020, 10:37 PM
La Di Da Di, we likes to Partey
We don't cause trouble, we don't bother nobody

LDG
05-10-2020, 10:37 PM
https://youtu.be/9OpIbiFmY60

Niall_Quinn
05-10-2020, 10:40 PM
So is this the Vieira replacement signing we've been waiting 200 years for?

Mac76
05-10-2020, 11:11 PM
Of course Arteta will probably leave him on the bench for a good few games, no point in getting carried away and throwing caution to the wind is there... :rolleyes:

I am invisible
06-10-2020, 06:37 AM
So is this the Vieira replacement signing we've been waiting 200 years for?
As close as you’re gonna get. They both have their own styles - Paddy kind of glided around the pitch at times whereas Thomas is more about sudden, explosive movements - but in terms of being a complete midfielder who does every job well (and is incredibly consistent with it) then I think we’ve bought someone very similar.

I am invisible
06-10-2020, 06:39 AM
Of course Arteta will probably leave him on the bench for a good few games, no point in getting carried away and throwing caution to the wind is there... :rolleyes:
Oh, he’ll definitely come back from the the international break either injured or riddled with COVID-19 - that’s not in doubt.

Gooner23
06-10-2020, 06:52 AM
Apparently Athletico are furious at the late move. Excellent stuff.

Marc Overmars
06-10-2020, 06:54 AM

They should have played ball earlier in the window then.

We should have really done the dirty on them and pulled Torreira last minute. :lol:

Gooner23
06-10-2020, 07:04 AM
Yeah, I don't buy this supposed shock at only being given official notice half an hour before the window shut. They've known all summer we wanted him.

dazthegooner
06-10-2020, 07:08 AM

Think Simone was furious because the wanted him to partner Torreira in midfield... NO LUCK THEN!!! :)

Niall_Quinn
06-10-2020, 07:10 AM

They should get out more. Don't they know who we are? Lucky we didn't drop the bid by £1 with one minute to go. Just take the money and frame it.

I am invisible
06-10-2020, 07:10 AM
If only we’d given them loads of other options earlier in the window to choose from. Oh well...

selassie
06-10-2020, 07:14 PM
As said by others, this is as near as we are gonna get to actually replacing Paddy so to speak. Partey really reminds me of Michael Essien though in the way he gets up and down the pitch, the pace, power, dribbling.

If he is able to replicate his Atletico form over the past 3 seasons for us, then we have a bonafide World Class player on our hands, he is definitely in the top 5 box to box midfielders in world football for me. It's a massive signing for us, our biggest since Auba, though I'd go as far as to say as big as the Ozil and Sanchez captures.

I am invisible
06-10-2020, 08:42 PM
Probably his most standout / elite trait is his ability to carry the ball - he has a ridiculously high dribble completion rate for his role, and (apparently) as of June last season only Thiago Alcantara had attempted over 50 take-ons with a higher success rate in Europe’s top 5 leagues. Combine that trait with his deeper starting point in midfield and it makes him very effective at beating the press and breaking lines.

I’d also argue that the fact that he does so many other things well (if not to quite the same elite-level as his carrying) is itself an elite trait? Not too many midfielders out there offer such a complete package, and that all-round skillset gives you a lot of in-game tactical flexibility, and opens up a lot of different midfield combos, which was probably a big selling point for Arteta. (He’s also said to be a very intelligent footballer, and adept at executing tactical plans, which, again, Mickey will love.)

I am invisible
06-10-2020, 09:07 PM
I really think this was a critical signing for unlocking the rest of the team. Potentially transformative.

Straightaway, I think we could now play 2 at the back with Partey sat in front of them.

Which gives us the extra man in midfield to add creativity.

Which should also mean our CF won’t have to keep dropping back quite so much to get involved in the build up, and that our wingers (esp. Pepe) will have someone to play give-and-goes with.

I also think we may be able to ditch the double pivot in midfield with Partey there, which means we might even end up with two more offensive / creative midfielders at times?

Niall_Quinn
06-10-2020, 09:37 PM
If he's Vieira that's great. If not then sell him, he's shit.

If he can receive the ball from the timid back four and - instead of taking three touches, running 2 yards left, running two yards right, gesturing for teammates to get forward, then playing it backwards regardless - take the fucking thing and progress it up the pitch and find Auba or Pepe or the racist pig Laca (or pretty much anybody beyond the halfway line) with an accurate pass, I'm sold.

I am invisible
14-10-2020, 06:26 AM
https://www.arsenal.com/sites/default/files/styles/large/public/images/DSC_3633_2020101330719180.JPG?itok=xzLDavL0

https://www.arsenal.com/sites/default/files/styles/large/public/images/DSC_3527_2020101330719170.JPG?itok=EVUdxkUS

The blood spatter really suits him.

Mac76
14-10-2020, 07:50 AM
got to be honest, i'd be feeling more optimistic about him if i was confident Arteta would play in the right place with the right team around him.

i get this feeling he'll end up being on the bench at least part of the time or played out of position or something

for that money you'd think he get a regular start, but Arteta doesn't seem to stick with the good players always - i hope I'm wrong

Niall_Quinn
16-10-2020, 05:00 PM
Hopefully he plays Saturday. Will be stupid, stupid, stupid if he doesn't. Isn't this why we've bought him, as an improvement on the shite already here? So why wouldn't he play?

I am invisible
17-10-2020, 02:44 PM
He only moved to the country 6 days ago, and has only met / trained with his new manager and team mates a couple of times?

Not saying he definitely won’t play today, but would it really be that ridiculous if he didn’t?

LDG
17-10-2020, 06:27 PM
That one burst toward the end was encouraging. Powerful direct run. Just what we need.

Niall_Quinn
17-10-2020, 06:29 PM
That one burst toward the end was encouraging. Powerful direct run. Just what we need.

Yeah, but he's done it now. Time to renegotiate his contract.

Ollie the Optimist
29-07-2022, 03:59 PM
So, while innocent until proven guilty, this woman on twitter is claiming that Partey is the player arrested and raped her. https://twitter.com/deffonotchaur

She also claims he paid her money (approx 160k) because he settled a civil suit with her after her accusations. Further claims that he could not be charged for rape against her not because it didnt happen but because it was 10 days before the law changed regarding UK police taking action against overseas crime.

Bit more of a summary here https://www.pulse.ng/sports/football/reactions-thomas-partey-accused-of-rape-on-twitter-belongs-in-prison/sdwyf6x

However her twitter thread makes for hard reading especially for arsenal who seemed to dismiss her concerns and carried on playing him despite being aware. She has what seems a huge amount of evidence and if those texts etc are true, hard to see how Partey is innocent in this.

Surely the club now has no choice but to suspend him until either charges are dropped or goes to court and found guilty.

Mac76
29-07-2022, 04:06 PM
i don't see any evidence there and while i fully support women's rights i don't see how anyone can be found guilty of rape unless someone was in the room with them or there's a video, that doesnt't seem to be the case here

it's all hearsay

Ollie the Optimist
29-07-2022, 04:11 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FYxoDqsXgAEdzUP?format=jpg&name=large

That’s one of the posts on her account which is supposedly between her & Partey.

If true, he’s claiming he doesnt need to wake her? It’s pretty damming tbh and given the police had those messages etc, you can see why a civil suit was settled.

There are huge amounts of texts on her twitter account where Partey doesnt seem to deny anything. Sure usual caveats apply that htey could be fake but if they are, thats one hell of a thing to fake given the exposure in libel would be huge

LDG
29-07-2022, 04:59 PM
She seems a go’er

Mac76
29-07-2022, 05:08 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FYxoDqsXgAEdzUP?format=jpg&name=large

That’s one of the posts on her account which is supposedly between her & Partey.

If true, he’s claiming he doesnt need to wake her? It’s pretty damming tbh and given the police had those messages etc, you can see why a civil suit was settled.

There are huge amounts of texts on her twitter account where Partey doesnt seem to deny anything. Sure usual caveats apply that htey could be fake but if they are, thats one hell of a thing to fake given the exposure in libel would be huge

well ok, apart from that... :whistle:

Marc Overmars
29-07-2022, 05:32 PM
Pretty damning. I have it on good authority too that he was the unnamed man arrested.

Scumbag. The club should suspend him.

Letters
29-07-2022, 06:05 PM
I mean, innocent until proven guilty and all that but it’s not looking great

HCZ_Reborn
30-07-2022, 05:50 AM
Pretty damning. I have it on good authority too that he was the unnamed man arrested.

Scumbag. The club should suspend him.

Why? The matter is a civil matter not a criminal one.

Do you seriously propose that we remove our best central midfielder just because we don’t like his behaviour off the pitch. That would be like the Beatles side lining Lennon because he was a dick and a domestic abuser.

This woman is pretty unhinged to be honest.

Ollie the Optimist
30-07-2022, 07:16 AM
Why? The matter is a civil matter not a criminal one.

Do you seriously propose that we remove our best central midfielder just because we don’t like his behaviour off the pitch. That would be like the Beatles side lining Lennon because he was a dick and a domestic abuser.

This woman is pretty unhinged to be honest.

It is a criminal case because, the player who was arrested still has two open investigations of rape into them. By all accounts, this player is allegedly partey.

The civil case was setttled because he couldn’t be charged under uk law for one count due to a technicality rather than it didn’t happen. As I said before. She could be making it all up and has now exposed herself massively to large libel claims but this doesn’t seem to be made up.

And yes, we absolutely shouldnt play our player no matter how good he is, while there are serious accusations of rape against him.

Letters
30-07-2022, 07:31 AM
Why? So you’d be ok being suspended at work just because someone accused you of something?
Where do you work? I need to make a phone call :shrug:

HCZ_Reborn
30-07-2022, 07:42 AM
And yes, we absolutely shouldnt play our player no matter how good he is, while there are serious accusations of rape against him.

Again I’m going to ask the question why.

If Partey is guilty and I was that girls father I’d see to it that he became a eunuch

But im not and this is just alleged, for me to want to play with a midfield of Xhaka and Elneny id want nothing short of him being accused of genocide with the evidence of him posing holding a machete next to a pile of bodies. And even then I’d want to make sure the photo was legit

Mac76
30-07-2022, 07:42 AM
Anyway the real disaster of all this is that it decreases our likelihood of getting rid of Xhaka :ilt:

Letters
30-07-2022, 08:03 AM
Anyway the real disaster of all this is that it decreases our likelihood of getting rid of Xhaka :ilt:

We are the real victims in this

Ollie the Optimist
30-07-2022, 08:45 AM
Why? So you’d be ok being suspended at work just because someone accused you of something?
Where do you work? I need to make a phone call :shrug:

There is a difference between being accused and being arrested/paying 160k in settlement to the victim.

Mason greenwood was arrested after accused of beating his girlfriend and suspended so it’s not unprecedented.

Mac76
30-07-2022, 08:58 AM
We are the real victims in this

:gp:

HCZ_Reborn
30-07-2022, 09:38 AM
There is a difference between being accused and being arrested/paying 160k in settlement to the victim.

Mason greenwood was arrested after accused of beating his girlfriend and suspended so it’s not unprecedented.

Didn’t have much choice did they after the voice messages.

Let’s cut out the bullshit shall we, the club don’t care and neither do we the fans other than the risk of the player ending up on trial or prison. This is a private dispute, and whilst I absolutely don’t approve of such behaviour the question of what’s more important that we have our best central midfielder or that some random woman gets justice doesn’t even deserve an answer.

GP
30-07-2022, 10:00 AM
Ronaldo admitted rape and no one seems to care about that.

We don't try people by social media. He hasn't been charged with a crime.

mandela8
30-07-2022, 11:48 AM
Ronaldo admitted rape and no one seems to care about that.

We don't try people by social media. He hasn't been charged with a crime.

Link?

Niall_Quinn
02-08-2022, 07:51 PM
She seems a go’er

Exactly. Though modern convention suggests you can be a gold digging whore by night and Mother Theresa come the morning. It's a convenient paradigm that gives great weight to just how far women have come since they were liberated into the workforce to increase the tax take.

Of course I suppose she could be a paragon who accidentally ended up on her back with a piece of shit footballer who has the world at his very ordinary feet.

Let's call this one a 50/50 balling and move on.