PDA

View Full Version : Match Autopsy v Wolves (home)

McNamara That Ghost...
29-11-2020, 09:17 PM
If only there wasn't four teams that are complete and utter filth in the season I'd be worried for our Premier League status.

Disastrous season so far in the league.

Arteta is doing worse than Emery.

Gooner23
29-11-2020, 09:18 PM
Grim.

Niall_Quinn
29-11-2020, 09:19 PM
Excellent result. Not only can I get it up but it stays that way for several minutes!

Letters
29-11-2020, 09:20 PM
Spurs away next :haha: :ilt:
Fun this shit

Arteta OUT!

selassie
29-11-2020, 09:20 PM
Arteta is making a right mess of this season. We change players and the same kinda stuff happens.

Straight up, I don't even think we will improve under Arteta even if he brings in these so called players he needs....it's one gigantic mess.

Spot light is on Arteta now, he freezes players out, brings in relatively expense players yet we barely create a chance in every f*ckin game, it's actually unbelievable stuff. I actually knew we would lose today!

Bumble
29-11-2020, 09:22 PM
Utter drivel. Although we are nearer top than bottom.

Think arteta out Potch in. Or just someone who goes for attacking football to hell with defending.

Xhaka Can’t
29-11-2020, 09:23 PM
We scored a goal.

Mac76
OK, so i think Gabriel had a good game, also Tierney did his best

Willock was at least trying and Saka was ok but messed up a good chance

and a good bit of defending by Hector at one point

not a lot to praise apart from that

Arteta's messing about with the worng teams and tactics has meant no-one has really settled in and the team hasn't learnt to play as a unit - that's pretty bad news 10 matches in

Mac76
Think arteta out Potch in.

no thanks, i've had enough of fakes, especially Spud-reject fakes

Niall_Quinn
Can't believe we repeated the same mistakes and got the same result. So unlucky.

Letters
I actually knew we would lose today!
I thought we'd win because...come on, we're really not that shit.
But...I was wrong, because actually we are that shit.
:ilt:

Dial Square Old Boy
29-11-2020, 09:24 PM
Shades of 1974/5. However, Brady came along then. Do we have someone similar as a saviour this time? No, thought not...

McNamara That Ghost...
29-11-2020, 09:24 PM
Arteta is trying to coach a shit team from back to the front and it's insane.

Niall_Quinn
29-11-2020, 09:26 PM
Shades of 1974/5. However, Brady came along then. Do we have someone similar as a saviour this time? No, thought not...

Brady :bow:

Imagine him gliding through these half-asleep modern midfields?

Xhaka Can’t
29-11-2020, 09:27 PM
To be fair, I haven't much to say - I didn't watch.

I just can't.

There is nothing to get excited about. There isn't a single player in the team I can recognise as a Gooner. There is nothing. Our team is as much Arsenal as a corpse is the person who you once loved.

Marc Overmars
29-11-2020, 09:28 PM
This team is so poor. How can we have spent all this money only to produce a group of players who look like absolute strangers to one another.

Keep hearing people say the attacking play will come, well I’d bet my house it won’t. There hasn’t been any shred of evidence in Arteta’s year in charge that he has any grasp on improving us going forward. His system is totally not fit for purpose, barely any shots on goal anymore because they can’t or don’t know how to find space. It’s the worst football I’ve ever seen.

Niall_Quinn
To be fair, I haven't much to say - I didn't watch.

I just can't.

There is nothing to get excited about. There isn't a single player in the team I can recognise as a Gooner. There is nothing. Our team is as much Arsenal as a corpse is the person who you once loved.

There's a lot more to that than people might think.

Ralpheroo72
We scored a goal.

:trophy:

Niall_Quinn
29-11-2020, 09:33 PM
Wolves aren't great, but they are a better team than us. Better at passing, better work ethic, much, much better at getting the ball up the pitch into dangerous areas and DOING SOMETHING WITH IT. They deserved the win. Don't think they'll go anywhere this season, because they are limited. But it makes me worry where we'll end up if things don't change dramatically.

Letters
29-11-2020, 09:34 PM
This team is so poor.
Right. They're a poor team, I don't think they're a poor group of players.
Honestly haven't felt this depressed about Arsenal for a long time.

Globalgunner
29-11-2020, 09:35 PM
Allegri is available. Sign someone who actually knows what they are doing

Chippy
29-11-2020, 09:35 PM
If only there wasn't four teams that are complete and utter filth in the season I'd be worried for our Premier League status.

Disastrous season so far in the league.

Arteta is doing worse than Emery.

I am still worried about our Premier league status. I really am. Where is a win going to come from?

selassie
29-11-2020, 09:36 PM

Any side half decent going forward have a great chance against us home or away. Wolves might not quite be at the same level as last season but they are a fairly decent team going forward.

We are shite all over the pitch at the moment, we are going backwards and fast.

Xhaka Can’t
29-11-2020, 09:36 PM
I am still worried about our Premier league status. I really am. Where is a win going to come from?

Central or Eastern Europe

selassie
29-11-2020, 09:37 PM
This team is so poor. How can we have spent all this money only to produce a group of players who look like absolute strangers to one another.

Keep hearing people say the attacking play will come, well I’d bet my house it won’t. There hasn’t been any shred of evidence in Arteta’s year in charge that he has any grasp on improving us going forward. His system is totally not fit for purpose, barely any shots on goal anymore because they can’t or don’t know how to find space. It’s the worst football I’ve ever seen.

:gp:

Pretty much, sad stuff.

Chippy
29-11-2020, 09:38 PM

That would be fucking great! Order the Taxi.

Niall_Quinn
29-11-2020, 09:40 PM

We still have Sheff Utd to play, don't we? We have a chance in that one. 50/50.

selassie
29-11-2020, 09:41 PM

He turned us down (apparently) pre-Emery. We were geniunely a top 4 contender then.

Right now, we are a mid table team, we finished there last season and are even further down the table now.

Niall_Quinn
29-11-2020, 09:42 PM
He turned us down (apparently) pre-Emery. We were geniunely a top 4 contender then.

Right now, we are a mid table team, we finished there last season and are even further down the table now.

Mid-table? Are you sure?

selassie
29-11-2020, 09:44 PM
Mid-table? Are you sure?

Lower Mid-Table ;)

Niall_Quinn
29-11-2020, 09:45 PM
Lower Mid-Table ;)

Social climbing mid-table wannabes, as thing stand.

Marc Overmars
29-11-2020, 09:48 PM

There aren’t many teams left in the league I would confidently predict us to beat.

Niall_Quinn
29-11-2020, 09:50 PM
On the bright side, we did have that turning point against Utd.

Niall_Quinn
29-11-2020, 09:55 PM
It's not Arteta. It's not the players. These are symptoms, not the disease. The disease is the whole culture of the club. Second best is fine by us. Provided we are financially viable then it's a successful season. It has been that way for a long time. Yet again, don't be confused by the cash spunked on all the turds. That's not Kroenke's cash. That's cash from the fans and sponsors. We are running a high salary, break-even, success optional operation. And everyone is more than happy about it, except the fans who long since have failed to matter.

Winners never strive to be second best.

Top 4 is not a trophy and Epstein didn't kill himself.

Letters
29-11-2020, 09:57 PM
Second best is fine by us.
I'd take that right now tbf

Marc Overmars
29-11-2020, 10:00 PM
Arteta is trying to coach a shit team from back to the front and it's insane.

Absolutely. If you can’t score goals you won’t win games, it’s not rocket science and also, being stronger at the back doesn’t mean having to neuter the front line.

Not even sure how much stronger we are at the back anyway. More regimented but the goals and chances are still being conceded.

Sadly showing what a rank amateur he is.

Marc Overmars
29-11-2020, 10:08 PM
At least there will 2000 fans there now to let them know how garbage they are. They’ll be able to hear everything loud and clear too.

Niall_Quinn
29-11-2020, 10:13 PM
At least there will 2000 fans there now to let them know how garbage they are. They’ll be able to hear everything loud and clear too.

Don't forget covid. No shouting or singing allowed. It might kill old people.

Ollie the Optimist
30-11-2020, 09:07 AM
Probably a good thing there were no fans in the stadium yesterday, dread to think the reaction Xhaka would have got when he was subbed off.

He was fucking awful (as was Cellebos in midfield) so deserved the full eboue treatment

Mac76
30-11-2020, 09:13 AM
Probably a good thing there were no fans in the stadium yesterday, dread to think the reaction Xhaka would have got when he was subbed off.

He was fucking awful (as was Cellebos in midfield) so deserved the full eboue treatment

There's some excuse for Ceballos, who needs to be playing wth someone who can cover for him when he tries to add to the attack

Xhaka is just a traffic cone that the opposition run around on their way to our goal

we're very unlucky to lose Partey he was looking really good, but why Xhaka gets a game ahead of Elneny beats me

i just want a manager who realises he and Laca are shit and tells them both to take a hike.

i think Balogun should be our second-shoice striker behind Auba - or even ahead of him tbh

GP
30-11-2020, 09:15 AM
WE WON THIS GAME, BY A LOT!

Mac76
30-11-2020, 11:16 AM
Auba... :tumbleweed:

https://twitter.com/Tomthegunner/status/1333360110010331136/photo/1

Letters
30-11-2020, 12:44 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55125293

Wolves striker Raul Jimenez has had surgery on a fractured skull suffered in a clash of heads during his side's Premier League win at Arsenal.

Sunday's match at Emirates Stadium was in its early stages when Jimenez and Gunners defender David Luiz accidently collided at an Arsenal corner.

Letters
30-11-2020, 12:52 PM
WE WON THIS GAME, BY A LOT!

VAR switched all the Arsenal goals to Wolves :sulk:

Mac76
30-11-2020, 05:16 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55125293

yeah not good