Tuchel :pal:

Tracksuit wanker.

Letters
15-05-2021, 06:12 PM
Chelsea :haha: :pal:

Marc Overmars
15-05-2021, 06:12 PM
Leicester. :bow:

More than happy to lend them our cup. Complete respect for everything they’ve built.

Mac76
15-05-2021, 06:14 PM
They keep going on about schmeichel's first save but it was going to hit the post IMO

Letters
15-05-2021, 06:15 PM
They keep going on about schmeichel's first save but it was going to hit the post IMO

Maybe, but he helped it there.
The second save was incredible though.

I am invisible
15-05-2021, 06:16 PM
Yeah, the keeper can’t know if it’s gonna hit the post or not - you just make sure you get to it.

Globalgunner
15-05-2021, 06:20 PM
They will play them again in a few days. Imagine if they deny Chelsea both the cup and a CL place next season

Mac76
Meanwhile i'm pleased for Wes Morgan, real pro

Letters
Looked offside to me tbh

It was marginal at best. Never a clear offside or a clear error.
I don’t like these millimetre here and there calls.

But, as it happened to Chelsea...
VAR :bow:

Globalgunner
15-05-2021, 06:22 PM
Meanwhile i'm pleased for Wes Morgan, real pro

Agreed but he needs to leave off eating all his wife`s cooking till he actually retires

Globalgunner
15-05-2021, 06:35 PM
Tuchel :pal:

Tracksuit wanker.

Someone on another blog opined that he looks like a sexual deviant. I laughed for more than a few mins over that one. Sexual deviant:d

I am invisible
15-05-2021, 06:46 PM
Someone on another blog opined that he looks like a sexual deviant. I laughed for more than a few mins over that one. Sexual deviant:d
He looks like an overgrown 10yo who’s Dad has bought him all the Chelsea merch for his birthday.

Mac76
15-05-2021, 06:49 PM

As soon as i saw the replay in normal time i thought it was off, for VAR it was much more straightforward than those ones where they're judging it by millimetre, for me it was where VAR works

Letters
15-05-2021, 08:24 PM
As soon as i saw the replay in normal time i thought it was off, for VAR it was much more straightforward than those ones where they're judging it by millimetre, for me it was where VAR works

I looked at the VAR still and was struggling to see it tbh.
Although I’ve heard other people saying similar to you.

I just hope Chelsea do the double in the CL Final :d

Xhaka Can’t
15-05-2021, 09:28 PM

This wasn’t one of those millimetre calls. You could tell immediately that it was off.

Letters
15-05-2021, 09:40 PM
This wasn’t one of those millimetre calls. You could tell immediately that it was off.

This is the still they showed. Are you seriously telling me that this is clear?

https://i.ibb.co/v1TtNxv/VAR-Chelsea-Leicester.jpg (https://ibb.co/8MfhyD4)

:blink:

Mac76
15-05-2021, 10:03 PM
Yeah he's miles off... :whistle:

GP
15-05-2021, 10:07 PM
tbh that's not offside but lmao

Xhaka Can’t
15-05-2021, 10:13 PM
Yes - when I saw it, my first thought was, if they are going to be consistent with var interpretations all season, that is clearly offside.

Much more so than the previous genuine millimetre calls all season.

Letters
15-05-2021, 10:23 PM
Fair enough. It's not clear to me.
But for the sake of consistency sure, if some blue pixels are in front of the line then I guess it's offside.
It's a bullshit rule though. VAR should only step in when there's been a clear error and I can't agree this was one.
But, I think we can all agree that Chelsea :pal: :haha:

Ollie the Optimist
16-05-2021, 07:08 AM
This is the still they showed. Are you seriously telling me that this is clear?

https://i.ibb.co/v1TtNxv/VAR-Chelsea-Leicester.jpg (https://ibb.co/8MfhyD4)

:blink:

I think this is where VAR needs some kind of “linesman’s call” as they do in cricket.

The first thing they should do before they check the goal is ask the linesman would they have flagged offside or not. Depending on the linesman’s answer, they go with that and have to see a clear & obvious error to overturn it.

So in this case, if hte linesman said onside, it would be given as a goal and i really dont think anyone would argue if that was given as onside.

In cricket, umpires call works on the basis that if less then half the ball is predicted to hit the stumps, they go with the on field decision. There must be a way here to build in some leeway so that you dont get calls where Pepe’s big toe is offside by 1mm.

Mac76
16-05-2021, 08:40 AM
@Letters - the fact is it's what the line's obscuring you need to think about - the Chelsea player's whole arm and shoulder is obscured by the line whereas i'm not sure any of the Leicester player is obscured

Seriously that's a pretty obvious offside to me

Plus once the decision was made you didn't hear the commentary team go on about it, if they thought it would be really controversial they'd have talked it up a lot more

Globalgunner
16-05-2021, 12:38 PM
Seems pretty clear to me. His whole shoulder is ahead of the last defender. Hope Leicester turn them over in the league too

Letters
16-05-2021, 01:10 PM
I seriously don’t know what you guys are seeing :lol:
Actually this wouldn’t be offside in a rule being trialled next season - Wenger’s idea actually
(Wenger :bow:)
Under that rule someone is only offside if a part of the body which someone can score with is offside.

But I agree with Ollie. A bit of common sense is needed.
You can argue that offside is a definition, like whether the ball is over the line for a goal.
But there are differences - whether the player is “active”, phases of play and all that. There is a degree of interpretation. And I’d suggest the key thing - this is surely the point of the offside rule - is whether the player is getting an advantage.
Would that goal still have been scored were his arm a few centimetres further back? Of course it would.
A way I think about is would I have been complaining had that goal been scored against us. Not really in this instance. If it’s a clear error then fine, VAR can do its thing. If you’re having to freeze frame and argue about whether a certain part of someone’s body was in front of some line then just let it go.

Starting today, obviously. Yesterday was brilliant :d

Niall_Quinn
17-05-2021, 09:50 AM
First time I can remember since the 70s when I didn't know the FA Cup final was being played. Went through the whole of Saturday oblivious. I guess that means I'm officially done with whatever this thing is they call football.