PDA

View Full Version : Match Reaction v Leeds (home)

McNamara That Ghost...
14-02-2021, 06:25 PM
Auba hat-trick. :bow:

Willian ruins it all yet again. :ninja:

Saka was great.

GP
14-02-2021, 06:25 PM
We won BY A LOT!

Marc Overmars
14-02-2021, 06:26 PM
Fun game. Couldn’t watch a lot of it because the kid was crying throughout. Little shit.

Well done Auba.

We’re back!

Globalgunner
14-02-2021, 06:29 PM
Fun game. Couldn’t watch a lot of it because the kid was crying throughout. Little shit.

Well done Auba.

We’re back!

You know that just makes you the big shit?

But seriously. When is this Willian experiment going to end. maybe its just bad juju but we should keep him away from the team. nothing positive happens when he plays

Mac76
14-02-2021, 07:17 PM
You know that just makes you the big shit?

But seriously. When is this Willian experiment going to end. maybe its just bad juju but we should keep him away from the team. nothing positive happens when he plays

Arteta makes a bigger and bigger fool of himself every time he plays him, especially when we had people like Pepe on the bench

Gooner23
15-02-2021, 07:48 AM
Is the lack of fans making it easier for Arteta to keep playing Willian? You can be sure he'd be getting a proper booing if there were fans inside.

What's really frustrating is the young players are so quick to be dropped if they put in a quiet performance (Nelson & Martinelli), yet Willian is being given chance after chance despite not deserving it in any way. The 'non negotiables' thing is now being shown up as a bit of a nonsense.

The first half was great yesterday, the youngsters were brilliant again and I thought Ceballos was excellent. Hopefully Auba has his mojo back after this as well.

IBK
15-02-2021, 09:45 AM
Great result and first half performance.

VAR useless again (our first pen - but at least they had an arguable one denied too).

Not going to go overboard on Leeds' goals - they are a decent team going forwards and its always difficult to keepo 100% when you are 4-0 up.

But the subs were a bit baffling - I worry about Willian though. He's awful, but also clearly not suited to the way we play, and the manager's stubbornness in persisiting with him is damaging in 2 ways - first the obvious one on the pitch, but secondly the effect it has on Pepe and Martinelli - who must be affected by what they can see...

Marc Overmars
15-02-2021, 09:45 AM
Is the lack of fans making it easier for Arteta to keep playing Willian? You can be sure he'd be getting a proper booing if there were fans inside.

What's really frustrating is the young players are so quick to be dropped if they put in a quiet performance (Nelson & Martinelli), yet Willian is being given chance after chance despite not deserving it in any way. The 'non negotiables' thing is now being shown up as a bit of a nonsense.

The first half was great yesterday, the youngsters were brilliant again and I thought Ceballos was excellent. Hopefully Auba has his mojo back after this as well.

I think the lack of fans is what has arguably kept Arteta in the job. We were so bad before Christmas he and the team would have been receiving dogs abuse. This season is shit anyway without fans, I’m watching these games and even the commentators can’t be bothered most of the time to show any enthusiasm.

Marc Overmars
15-02-2021, 09:49 AM
With Willian, I think it is just a case of Arteta being desperate for him to have an impact because he’s carrying the can for the signing. Maybe he’ll reevaluate in the summer but Willian getting undeserved minutes will be a recurring thing for the remainder of the season.

GP
15-02-2021, 10:18 AM
I think the lack of fans is what has arguably kept Arteta in the job. We were so bad before Christmas he and the team would have been receiving dogs abuse. This season is shit anyway without fans, I’m watching these games and even the commentators can’t be bothered most of the time to show any enthusiasm.

The games do have a bit of a pre-season feel to them.

It's hard to get invested in it.

I am invisible
15-02-2021, 10:25 AM
With Willian, I think it is just a case of Arteta being desperate for him to have an impact because he’s carrying the can for the signing. Maybe he’ll reevaluate in the summer but Willian getting undeserved minutes will be a recurring thing for the remainder of the season.

It's exactly that. Arteta and Edu 100% own that signing, so it's gonna be on them to sit down in front of the owners at the end of the season and justify it. At some point though the cost of poor results and the threat of a lower-than-expected finishing position will start to outweigh the chewing out that's coming over the wasted investment and self-preservation will have to kick in. Arguably we've already seen the beginnings of this with Willian's demotion to the bench and 'cup team', which happened around boxing day - now we just need Arteta to swallow his pride and accept that he's not even useful off the bench. I just hope it doesn't require too sharp a lesson to drive home the point...

GP
15-02-2021, 11:31 AM
I think we're now back into the dreaded sunday/thursday cycle.

Kill me.

Ollie the Optimist
15-02-2021, 11:37 AM
Great result and first half performance.

VAR useless again (our first pen - but at least they had an arguable one denied too).

Not going to go overboard on Leeds' goals - they are a decent team going forwards and its always difficult to keepo 100% when you are 4-0 up.

But the subs were a bit baffling - I worry about Willian though. He's awful, but also clearly not suited to the way we play, and the manager's stubbornness in persisiting with him is damaging in 2 ways - first the obvious one on the pitch, but secondly the effect it has on Pepe and Martinelli - who must be affected by what they can see...

There is no way VAR could have given the Leeds penalty after overturning ours for the same thing. For once there was consistency (even if wrong decision)

But the FA etc go on about how VAR is there to overturn a clear & obvious error. Where was the clear & obvious error on the penalty for Saka?

Also how on earth did the Leeds keeper not even get a card when he gave away the penalty? Luiz got sent off yet this wasn’t even a booking?

This is why fans are getting so pissed off. There is such a lack of consistency and decisions just appear to be made on the day regardless of the rules. The PGMOL & Mike Reily should be sacked

Mac76
15-02-2021, 11:48 AM
There is no way VAR could have given the Leeds penalty after overturning ours for the same thing. For once there was consistency (even if wrong decision)

But the FA etc go on about how VAR is there to overturn a clear & obvious error. Where was the clear & obvious error on the penalty for Saka?

Also how on earth did the Leeds keeper not even get a card when he gave away the penalty? Luiz got sent off yet this wasn’t even a booking?

This is why fans are getting so pissed off. There is such a lack of consistency and decisions just appear to be made on the day regardless of the rules. The PGMOL & Mike Reily should be sacked

there wasn't one, i said that at the time, they're not sticking to that principle at all

everything you say here is spot on, it's a total joke, i think the people who were always suspicious of VAR knew that any technical system, no matter how good, will fail if put in the hands of the egotistical fools who referee our game.

selassie
15-02-2021, 12:08 PM
Good result, I didn't see the game so can't comment on the performance, though having watched the highlights it looked like we played very well first half and for the first 10 minutes of the second half.

Conceding 2 goals in the manner we did was very sloppy, but unfortunately not surprising.

I think bringing on Willian was an attempt at a confidence booster for him from Arteta. It was a low risk substitution that didn't work out because Willian looks to be well and truly on the slide, he offers this team nothing.

He will be 33 next year, we should do everything we can to try and get rid of him in the summer, his wages don't reflect his status in the squad.

Chippy
16-02-2021, 11:59 AM
I think we're now back into the dreaded sunday/thursday cycle.

Kill me.

We should have done that when you put that Biden avatar on :ninja:

GP
16-02-2021, 01:46 PM
We should have done that when you put that Biden avatar on :ninja:

Trump lost.

Mac76
16-02-2021, 01:59 PM
Trump lost.

:gp:

Chippy
16-02-2021, 03:30 PM
Trump lost.

:threaten:

GP
16-02-2021, 05:52 PM
:threaten:

No, really. He lost.

To Sleepy Joe Biden.

Letters
16-02-2021, 07:11 PM
I can’t help feel this thread has got a little off topic :unsure:

Chippy
17-02-2021, 12:37 PM
I can’t help feel this thread has got a little off topic :unsure:

:lol:

Niall_Quinn
17-02-2021, 05:35 PM
We have some proper footballers in this team now. And some awful ones.

Bellerin is a piece of shit. As you can see from his play.

But Rowe Smith (probably the best Arsenal player I have seen in a while), Auba (when he turns up), this new kid with funny name (who is really very good), Saka (who is probably the best young talent in the country right now) - these are good players.

I don't care much about the results anymore because I know the club can't string together a proper run of form, but I do still like to see good players playing football. And, I suppose, if you have more than a couple of good players it's watchable.

Tierney too, he's a good player.

That bloke at the back, can't even remember his name, the one who falls down whenever the sun has hasn't gone red giant and then fizzled into a brown dwarf - that one - he's so shit it's unbelievable.

We have a mix of very good, good, and beyond belief shit players in the team - and nothing between.