PDA

View Full Version : Match Reaction v Benfica ("away").

McNamara That Ghost...
18-02-2021, 09:55 PM
Bit shit, although in fairness there was some good passing at times.

Auba missed a sitter in the Europa League again. :lol:

LDG
18-02-2021, 09:59 PM
Massive

hobson's choice
18-02-2021, 10:02 PM
Maybe I'm being petty. But I really dislike everyone off our Central Midfielders not named Partey.

Cellabos and Xhaka are so tired to watch. Please by the Grace off all thats right in this world. Let them play their football somewhere else starting next season

Mac76
18-02-2021, 10:02 PM
that side should have done better, i still think Arteta's overplaying one or two of them, he could do a better job of rotating players.

the Citeh game could be a drubbing at this rate.

LDG
18-02-2021, 10:08 PM
that side should have done better, i still think Arteta's overplaying one or two of them, he could do a better job of rotating players.

the Citeh game could be a drubbing at this rate.

We’ll cruise to a 0-2 defeat.

Progress

Marc Overmars
18-02-2021, 10:15 PM
Missed the game. 1-1 is always an acceptable result “away” in Europe though.

On we go.

Marc Overmars
18-02-2021, 10:56 PM
How the fuck did Auba miss that chance? Didn’t even hit the target. Pathetic.

Gooner23
19-02-2021, 08:52 AM
We really should be getting past Benfica, they are dreadful. Hopefully we play with a bit more zip in the 2nd leg, everything was just too slow last night.

Mac76
19-02-2021, 09:03 AM

not so 'acceptabl'e once you see the missed chances is it? :lol:

Letters
19-02-2021, 10:20 AM

The ineptitude of players at this level really does baffle me. How the hell do you miss the target from there? They don't even have the excuse of bad pitches and bobbles these days, the surface is always immaculate.

Then their was Tierney in the second half who after a good move just smashed an awful cross out of play.

I rate both these players but am continuously bemused at how poor players at this level are at basic skills.

All that said, I only saw the second half (I turned it on just as Benfica got the pel :doh:). I thought we played alright. We dominated, seemed to move the ball foeward well - a lot better than we were early season. The "away" goal was important although a bit meaningless when both legs are away. Overall I'm pretty confident we will progress.

Mac76
19-02-2021, 12:09 PM
The ineptitude of players at this level really does baffle me. How the hell do you miss the target from there? They don't even have the excuse of bad pitches and bobbles these days, the surface is always immaculate.

Then their was Tierney in the second half who after a good move just smashed an awful cross out of play.

I rate both these players but am continuously bemused at how poor players at this level are at basic skills.

we both know those players have the 'basic skills' to do much better than they did last night.

so it's other factors.

Tierney's was probably just a one-off human error, maybe compounded by his only just returning to match fitness.

as for Auba, I personally would have started Laca yesterday and kept Auba for Citeh.

Arteta's far too prone to just keeping players on the pitch when they're doing well and running them into the ground.

hat-trick or not, he should have rested Auba last night for Laca.

Globalgunner
19-02-2021, 02:50 PM
Auba aint gonna do shit against City. They are not Leeds.

I doubt if Ill have to eat my words. You cant get in behind their defence. You have to score from outside the box or naught.

Mac76
19-02-2021, 03:12 PM
Auba aint gonna do shit against City. They are not Leeds.

I doubt if Ill have to eat my words. You cant get in behind their defence. You have to score from outside the box or naught.

Richarlison was about 2 feet out when he turned in that ball from Digne the other night (who was himself well inside the box)

Ollie the Optimist
19-02-2021, 04:02 PM
Looking forward to going out on away goals after playing both games over a 1000 miles away from our home stadium :lol: