PDA

View Full Version : Match Reaction v Leicester (away).

McNamara That Ghost...
28-02-2021, 01:59 PM
Leicester collapse under way again? :popcorn:

Well done Arteta, somehow got it right with that team.

Well done to Willian and Pepe.

WMUG
28-02-2021, 02:01 PM
Willian :bow:

Never doubted him.

Mac76
28-02-2021, 02:03 PM
Pepe was great and yes Willian finally put a shift in and got the rewards, if he plays like that all the time then he's useful to us, we've just had to wait far too long for it and three years is still too long a deal

overall a great result and the team worked really hard for it, loved the closing down and quick transitions forward, i think it shows that having both ESR and Odegaard slows things up too much but one of them is fine

would have preferred to see Xhaka go off rather than Elneny though

Ollie the Optimist
28-02-2021, 02:10 PM
best performance of the season bar the win at old Trafford

Marc Overmars
28-02-2021, 02:25 PM
Missed the game but I certainly wasn’t expecting that result. :faint:

Well done lads.

Letters
28-02-2021, 06:00 PM
best performance of the season bar the win at old Trafford

I don’t actually think the performance at OT was that special tbh.
It was two sides struggling for form and was a pretty low quality game.
But for them giving away a stupid penalty it would have fizzled out to a drab 0-0.

I only saw the last 30 minutes today and it was already 1-3 when I turned on so I still haven’t seen the goals. But from what I saw it was a great performance today. Leicesters apparently have some injury problems so that was a factor I guess, but what impressed me today was the desire. When an attack broke down and we lost the ball we were pressing high up the pitch and working hard to get the ball back. We never really looked like conceding.

Good result.

Globalgunner
28-02-2021, 06:10 PM
Props to Lacazette too. He is a warrior who gives 120 percent

Letters
28-02-2021, 06:23 PM
Maths :rose:

Mac76
28-02-2021, 06:55 PM
I only saw the last 30 minutes today and it was already 1-3 when I turned on so I still haven’t seen the goals.

:pal:

Letters
28-02-2021, 08:14 PM
:pal:

<_<

Seen the goals now.
Completely forgot about the game tbh, a cryptic message from a friend reminded me but I was out in the park with the boy. Time I got home and found a stream I was pleasantly surprised to find it was 3-1 :lol:

Ollie the Optimist
28-02-2021, 08:16 PM
I don’t actually think the performance at OT was that special tbh.
It was two sides struggling for form and was a pretty low quality game.
But for them giving away a stupid penalty it would have fizzled out to a drab 0-0.

Not so sure on that. From what I remember we were quite threatening when attacking. Partey was superb in the middle and we defended well.

My memory could be going but i thought it was a good win up there & good performance

Mac76
28-02-2021, 10:54 PM
<_<

Seen the goals now.
Completely forgot about the game tbh, a cryptic message from a friend reminded me but I was out in the park with the boy. Time I got home and found a stream I was pleasantly surprised to find it was 3-1 :lol:

Not surpeising, it's harder than ever to keep track of all these games

selassie
04-03-2021, 02:43 PM
I have stayed away from commenting and watched the highlights again a few days back.

We played very well, controlled the game from 10 minutes on and fully deserved the win. It was genuinely a very dominant performance, if we can maintain some kind of consistency then I think a top 7 finish could well be on the cards.

IBK
05-03-2021, 12:03 PM
I have stayed away from commenting and watched the highlights again a few days back.

We played very well, controlled the game from 10 minutes on and fully deserved the win. It was genuinely a very dominant performance, if we can maintain some kind of consistency then I think a top 7 finish could well be on the cards.

Aye - the green shoots are there. We need to kick on now and show some consistency in winning games that our performances merit. Starting with Burnley tomorrow :pray:

Mac76
05-03-2021, 12:26 PM
Aye - the green shoots are there. We need to kick on now and show some consistency in winning games that our performances merit. Starting with Burnley tomorrow :pray:

Dyke's lot will kick us about completely unimpeded by the officials, expect at least one significant injury, if i was Arteta i'd play expendables like Xhaka, Elneny, Willian, Nketiah, the new reserve goalie (forgotten his name) and any other players surplus to requirements

selassie
07-03-2021, 05:22 PM

I spoke too soon bro! :lol: