PDA

View Full Version : Match Reaction v Burnley (home)

McNamara That Ghost...
23-01-2022, 04:03 PM
Been a while since we have done this.

On the bright side, it's a point more that we got last season. :bow:

On the realistic side though, four games without a goal is fucking awful.

Utter shite.

Marc Overmars
23-01-2022, 05:09 PM
Waste of time.

Roll on August. :sleep:

Xhaka Can’t
23-01-2022, 05:14 PM
What’s happening in August?

Marc Overmars
23-01-2022, 05:43 PM
What’s happening in August?

We can all pretend like things are going to be different again.

Letters
23-01-2022, 06:02 PM
The annoying thing is this wretched run started with the City game which was our best performance for a long time. We were horrible at Forest, creditable at Anfield but then a limp second leg which didn’t give Liverpool too much difficulty in overcoming us.
And then today, which was a real chance to get going again. Admittedly I only saw about 10 minutes but it was one of those “we could play till midnight and not score” ones. We just don’t create chances. It’s really poor.

At times this season it has looked like we are building something but it’s been very patchy again this season. Until we can get some consistency we are doomed to bumble around in mid table

Letters
23-01-2022, 07:19 PM
Just had a look at the league table.
The top 3 are in their own little world. After that it’s Spurs, ManYoo, West Ham and us all bumbling around falling over our shoes and trying to get 4th.
Point being despite this poor run we are very much still in the mix. We have games in hand which could see us go above West Ham and Man Yoo.
Spurs could go ahead of us with their games in hand but they’re hardly consistent either.

Point being after the top 3 are we any less bad than the other contenders for 4th? Looking at the league table so far it doesn’t appear so.

Mac76
23-01-2022, 07:21 PM

:lol:

Mac76
23-01-2022, 07:23 PM
I'm starting to relate to my sig more again, the tactics to unpick Bumley were missing today and while not easy that's Arteta's job

Bumble
23-01-2022, 07:56 PM
I suppose a young side is going to be inconsistent. Doesn't help that we have no real striker. And for once we are spreading the limited goals we score around the team.

4th is up for grabs, it really should be United. Money spent, wages spent and they probably have the better individuals. Spurs have the better manager. West ham decent but probably lack squad depth. We have only league games left so plenty of time to rest.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-01-2022, 09:19 PM
We don't have another match for 18 days. :blink:

Marc Overmars
23-01-2022, 09:43 PM

Only 2 games in February. :lol:

The perks of being shit I guess.

Letters
23-01-2022, 09:51 PM
Is this the waiting period?

Xhaka Can’t
23-01-2022, 10:05 PM
:lol:

Chippy
23-01-2022, 10:47 PM
Been a while since we have done this.

On the bright side, it's a point more that we got last season. :bow:

On the realistic side though, four games without a goal is fucking awful.

Utter shite.

Arteta out :coffee:
Really though.

Niall_Quinn
24-01-2022, 12:15 AM
Arteta out :coffee:
Really though.

Won't make any difference. Modern players can't play football. They are too weak and too distracted. If any club out there could get together a team of real footballers they'd sweep the planet. Our players are all shit and so are Liverpool's and city's. Horrific jokes compared to the real players who built the pampered stage on which they prance.

All right, not every last one of them. Saka and ESR are middling to good players, by historical standards. But they can't do it all on their own. The rest are a joke. Only slightly better than me and I'm old and clapped out. It's just in a world of illusion people don't believe their own eyes.

Xhaka Can’t
24-01-2022, 07:02 AM
I’d add Tierney and Ramsdale to your list.

But otherwise, yeah with the caveat that if we had a team with real footballers that we all loved, we’d end up with more red cards than the membership of the Chinese Communist Party.

Chippy
24-01-2022, 09:17 AM
Won't make any difference. Modern players can't play football. They are too weak and too distracted. If any club out there could get together a team of real footballers they'd sweep the planet. Our players are all shit and so are Liverpool's and city's. Horrific jokes compared to the real players who built the pampered stage on which they prance.

All right, not every last one of them. Saka and ESR are middling to good players, by historical standards. But they can't do it all on their own. The rest are a joke. Only slightly better than me and I'm old and clapped out. It's just in a world of illusion people don't believe their own eyes.
:gp:

Globalgunner
24-01-2022, 10:41 AM
:gp:

Im guessing you are agreeing only with the 2nd to last sentence:oldboy: NQ:pal:

Niall_Quinn
24-01-2022, 01:35 PM
I’d add Tierney and Ramsdale to your list.

But otherwise, yeah with the caveat that if we had a team with real footballers that we all loved, we’d end up with more red cards than the membership of the Chinese Communist Party.

Well alright, but I haven't seen enough of them to judge. A few minutes watching Saka and ESR is enough to spot the similarities with the past standard.

Niall_Quinn
24-01-2022, 01:39 PM
Im guessing you are agreeing only with the 2nd to last sentence:oldboy: NQ:pal:

I'd be fine. I'd just take the money and refuse to play, or force a transfer to another club, which I'd then refuse to play for.

Chippy
24-01-2022, 05:30 PM
I'd be fine. I'd just take the money and refuse to play, or force a transfer to another club, which I'd then refuse to play for.

:bow:
You sound like my kinda person 😂 Fuck everyone!