PDA

View Full Version : Match Reaction v Southampton (away).

McNamara That Ghost...
16-04-2022, 03:58 PM
What a total pile of shit.

Desperately poor end to the season when something unexpected could've been delivered.

Back to non-scoring shit, it doesn't really imbue me with much motivation in wanting Arteta to stay.

Globalgunner
16-04-2022, 04:00 PM
Tangible signs of progress. With any luck we may end up in 7th position

Marc Overmars
16-04-2022, 04:03 PM
Absolute shite. It was never particularly convincing before this run of defeats but we were doing enough. Well and truly shat the bed now though.

What a joke. Typical Arsenal.

Progress. :lol:

dazthegooner
16-04-2022, 04:04 PM
Watched the match wish I hadn't people were playing on the common earlier should have stayed and watched them, we where terrible no killer instinct no one was willing to take the game it got so bad apart from Saka, Xkaka was more of a threat going forward.

Chippy
16-04-2022, 05:55 PM
What a total pile of shit.

Desperately poor end to the season when something unexpected could've been delivered.

Back to non-scoring shit, it doesn't really imbue me with much motivation in wanting Arteta to stay.

I received several texts after the Spuds game laughing and saying we are back in the race for top four. It's a good job that I know how shit we are and didn't get my hopes up :doh:
Join me #artetaout

Munchies
16-04-2022, 05:57 PM
Had zero expectations when I saw the starting line up.

We're finished.

Arteta needs to be sacked if we don't get top 4.

Chippy
16-04-2022, 06:34 PM
Had zero expectations when I saw the starting line up.

We're finished.

Arteta needs to be sacked if we don't get top 4.

We ain't getting top four. Sack him NOW.

selassie
16-04-2022, 08:45 PM
The Collapse is in full swing right now. The sad thing is I knew we would lose today, even more so after seeing the Spuds result.

This team has totally collapsed, it's a sad and pathetic way to end the season.

Mac76
16-04-2022, 09:11 PM
Didn't watch, had a nice afternoon out instead

Looking forward to seeing a Ronaldo hatter at the Emirates next week, the only reason to turn up really

Bumble
16-04-2022, 10:12 PM
we have chelsea, west ham, spurs and newcastle away.

next 3 cheslea united and west ham. we could easily end up losing 6 on the spin which would be shocking. from having 4th place totally within reach we have been awful.

Marc Overmars
17-04-2022, 12:04 AM
It would be quite something if after a season of perceived progress, the end result is exactly the same as the previous failures.

Just waiting to be put out of our misery now. This squad has talent but it’s massively flawed up front. I also feel they lack a lot of belief, judging by the lack of results after conceding first in matches. If we go a goal down, it’s almost certain we won’t be getting a win and even salvaging draws is unlikely.

Bumble
17-04-2022, 08:25 AM
Just read a stat that only once under arteta have we been behind at half time and go on and win. You have to be able to turn the tables. You cant always score first.

dazthegooner
17-04-2022, 08:28 AM
Having the ability to score more than one goal a game would help.

Mac76
17-04-2022, 09:00 AM
Mr Fancy Pants is pretty much a busted flush now

If we finish 8th, which is perfectly possible, he has to go

dazthegooner
17-04-2022, 09:07 AM
Nah we'll probably get 7th Edu will see that as an improvment and get Kroneke to spend another £150 to achieve 6th the following season.

Globalgunner
17-04-2022, 11:54 AM
Nah we'll probably get 7th Edu will see that as an improvment and get Kroneke to spend another £150 to achieve 6th the following season.

Between you and me £150 wont buy you more than a big bag of sweets

Chippy
17-04-2022, 12:11 PM
[QUOTE=Marc Overmars;4555373]Absolute shite. It was never particularly convincing before this run of defeats but we were doing enough. Well and truly shat the bed now though.

What a joke. Typical Arsenal.

Piss taking aside, I believe yesterday was even more annoying because the Spuds lost which gave us another false hope and optimism :rolleyes:

Marc Overmars
17-04-2022, 12:45 PM
Yep that was the real killer. To produce that after Spurs losing tells me everything I need to know about what this team has left in the tank.

Letters
17-04-2022, 01:09 PM
Yep that was the real killer. To produce that after Spurs losing tells me everything I need to know about what this team has left in the tank.

Aye. And that’s what has made me hop back on the Arteta out bandwagon.
I got briefly excited about this team. We were lightweight up front but we were digging out results and really fighting for results. I can forgive the Palace result, they are on a good run and no pushovers. The important thing is you bounce back but then we had the pathetic Brighton result. But then Spurs went all Spursy and that gave us one more chance to get back in to the top 4 race. With the games we have coming up we absolutely had to win. We all know what happened next.
And Arteta is to blame. He weakened us in January and left us with nothing up front. And with a squad so paper thin that injuries were going to kill us. It’s negligent, frankly. Let’s get a proper manager in.

Mac76
17-04-2022, 03:18 PM
Between you and me £150 wont buy you more than a big bag of sweets

:lol:

Chippy
17-04-2022, 07:54 PM
I got briefly excited about this team. We were lightweight up front but we were digging out results and really fighting for results. I can forgive the Palace result, they are on a good run and no pushovers. The important thing is you bounce back but then we had the pathetic Brighton result. But then Spurs went all Spursy and that gave us one more chance to get back in to the top 4 race. With the games we have coming up we absolutely had to win. We all know what happened next.
And Arteta is to blame. He weakened us in January and left us with nothing up front. And with a squad so paper thin that injuries were going to kill us. It’s negligent, frankly. Let’s get a proper manager in.

That's the Letters we know and love :loveblush:

KSE Comedy Club
20-04-2022, 07:10 AM

And that is a reasonable and fair assessment.

I was really starting to believe and give Arteta the benefit of the doubt, hoping he would come good.

But he has proen too many times that he doesnt have what it takes at the top and doesn't seem to know what he is doing