PDA

View Full Version : The Gaming Thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

GP
20-02-2012, 10:44 PM
Star Wars: The Old Republic is really great.

I'm playing as a bounty hunter.

Pew pew pew.

Flavs
21-02-2012, 09:50 AM
Just took over the arsenal job on FM12 after winning back to back title with Monty in France. First thing i did? get rid of 20 staff and 30 players

Ruthless approach :bow:

Flavs
21-02-2012, 09:52 AM
FM it is then. . .just need to find someone to go to the shops to pick a copy up and send it over. . . .Muuuuumm!

If you need any help let me know :good:

GP
06-03-2012, 04:04 PM
http://www.play.com/Gadgets/Gadgets/4-/29406113/Valve-Portal-Prop-Replica-Gun-Aperture-Science-Handheld-Portal-Device-/Product.html?searchstring=&searchtype=allproducts&searchsource=2&searchfilters=ae212{648127}%20c{439}&utm_source=ExactTarget&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ADHOC_2012_MAR_06_VOL7_GAMESINT&utm_content=&WT.tsrc=ExactTarget&WT.mc&source=9593&_$ja=tsid:11853|prd:47868&awc=1418_1331049801_38b5aa3b1c2efb791ebe8300bffab5 e2

:o

I must have this!

PGFC
12-03-2012, 12:47 PM
http://www.play.com/Gadgets/Gadgets/4-/29406113/Valve-Portal-Prop-Replica-Gun-Aperture-Science-Handheld-Portal-Device-/Product.html?searchstring=&searchtype=allproducts&searchsource=2&searchfilters=ae212{648127}%20c{439}&utm_source=ExactTarget&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ADHOC_2012_MAR_06_VOL7_GAMESINT&utm_content=&WT.tsrc=ExactTarget&WT.mc&source=9593&_$ja=tsid:11853|prd:47868&awc=1418_1331049801_38b5aa3b1c2efb791ebe8300bffab5 e2

I must have this!

Have to get the Boy one for his birthday, I'll be the coolest Dad ever!

PGFC
12-03-2012, 12:48 PM
Damn, can't find my Game card, it's a race now to spend the points on it before they go tits-up, the bastards...

Coney
12-03-2012, 01:00 PM
Star Wars: The Old Republic is really great.

I'm playing as a bounty hunter.

Pew pew pew.

Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble and Grub?

GP
12-03-2012, 01:01 PM
Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble and Grub?

Nah

Cripps_orig
12-03-2012, 01:02 PM
Finished Arkham Asylum finally

On to City now

Batman :bow:

Marc Overmars
12-03-2012, 01:25 PM
Finished Arkham Asylum finally

On to City now

Batman :bow:

Pretty much.

Loads of side missions on Arkham City that will keep you going as well if you fancy a break from the main story.

Olivier's xmas twist
12-03-2012, 01:28 PM
Just took over the arsenal job on FM12 after winning back to back title with Monty in France. First thing i did? get rid of 20 staff and 30 players

Ruthless approach :bow:

So you won the CL with Arsenal yet ?

Olivier's xmas twist
12-03-2012, 01:34 PM
Anyone still play Champ manager?

bignev
12-03-2012, 02:25 PM
Anyone still play Champ manager?

Nah FM is waaaaaaay better

Marc Overmars
12-03-2012, 03:07 PM
Didn't even know they still did Championship Manager.

FM is an extension of the original CM series anyway.

McNamara That Ghost...
12-03-2012, 03:57 PM

I must have this!

:bow:

Speaking of which, ME3. :bow: :cloud9:

McNamara That Ghost...
13-03-2012, 02:16 PM
Everyone's achievement score has been wiped.

Microsoft. :doh:

Master Splinter
13-03-2012, 08:02 PM
My Banjo-Kazooie save file got wiped once. :(

McNamara That Ghost...
14-03-2012, 12:40 AM
When it went weird, it always started on Gobi's Valley for me. It was re-released on XBLA without the weird crashes. :bow:

One of my favourite games. The boardgame/quiz. :cloud9:

Master Splinter
14-03-2012, 02:29 AM
I never had any crashes. I deleted the wrong file by mistake and had to go through half the game again. At least it was good.

Grunty :bow: the best villain ever.

Rare humour :bow:.

Shame Rare have been reduced to a pub team developer by Microsoft now. They'll probably be relegated to doing DLC for other people's games soon. But the founders and most of the developers who worked on the classics during their SNES/N64 days had already left by the time they were bought by Microsoft. A lot of them worked on the Timesplitters games and are now part of Crytek. So they're only Rare in name now really.

Killer Instinct needs to come back somehow though.

Billion-hit combos :bow:.

McNamara That Ghost...
16-03-2012, 02:15 PM
It was the notes that seemed to mess up, not sure why. I don't think Rare are interested in doing anything outside of Kinect now. Shame, although, Kinect Sports is quite good. They'll pass over their previous games for other companies to 'do up' to HD but that's about it.

Anyway, the music in Banjo-Kazooie. :bow:

Underwater in Rusty Bucket Bay. :bow:

Master Splinter
16-03-2012, 05:00 PM
It's more Microsoft have ruined them and turned them into a Kinect developer. They have an illustrious history of destroying studios.

McNamara That Ghost...
16-03-2012, 05:25 PM
Maybe. I think it's more that studios enjoy using the technology of it though.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-03-2012, 05:35 PM
Mass Effect 3. :bow:

Can't understand the vociferous complaints of the ending though. People are idiots.

Incidentally, BioWare have announced that they will create alternate endings, following a petition to change the ending. I guess those that complained will feel it is a victory in getting a company to kowtow to what they want. Ultimately they'll be paying extra to get the ending they think they want. :lol: Clever of BioWare to seem contrite.

McNamara That Ghost...
26-03-2012, 04:32 PM
GAME is in administration now.

:rose:

Marc Overmars
26-03-2012, 04:58 PM
Closing down fire sale? :popcorn:

McNamara That Ghost...
26-03-2012, 05:09 PM
Only in certain stores (if at all). Only 300 or so stores are remaining open I think.

GP
26-03-2012, 05:37 PM
GAME are a rip off and deserve to go under.

Master Splinter
26-03-2012, 08:51 PM
Bring back Electronics Boutique tbh.

Cripps_orig
26-03-2012, 08:51 PM
Bring back Electronics Boutique tbh.:goodpost:

Marc Overmars
26-03-2012, 08:56 PM
Electronics Boutique! :lol:

Blast from the past there.

High street is dead tbh.

The Internet. :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
01-04-2012, 08:03 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rznYifPHxDg

:lol:

Thierrymon
01-04-2012, 08:18 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rznYifPHxDg

Blowing on the cartridges :lol:

Never failed to fix any problems with old consoles. None of this RROD nonsense.

Marc Overmars
01-04-2012, 09:24 AM
That's pretty cool. :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
01-04-2012, 10:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7NufHsmITjM

:haha:

Rors
01-04-2012, 12:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7NufHsmITjM

:haha:

Would it were true :lol:

And that 8-bit Google Maps thing rocks the shack. I haven't found any of the "hidden monsters" yet though..

McNamara That Ghost...
01-04-2012, 12:33 PM
I love Google.

Rors
01-04-2012, 12:37 PM
So AC3 is going to be set in the American Colonies in 1775. Not sure how fertile a ground that is (especially as you know they will still try to shoehorn Altair and Ezio in there somewhere :lol: ). My hope was the UK 1974-79, beginning with you in the crowd for the Charity Shield between Liverpool/Leeds, ending with you trying to influence the result of the '79 General Election. With real players.

Letters
01-04-2012, 01:07 PM
I love Google.

:gp:

I have no objection to them taking over the world. They know what they're doing.

McNamara That Ghost...
01-04-2012, 01:16 PM
So AC3 is going to be set in the American Colonies in 1775. Not sure how fertile a ground that is (especially as you know they will still try to shoehorn Altair and Ezio in there somewhere :lol: ). My hope was the UK 1974-79, beginning with you in the crowd for the Charity Shield between Liverpool/Leeds, ending with you trying to influence the result of the '79 General Election. With real players.

Perhaps a little bit too modern. No doubt Thatcher had a Piece of Eden though. :ninja:

As for the actual setting, I suppose it had to go back to America at some point, otherwise Desmond would have an Italian accent.

Marc Overmars
14-04-2012, 11:26 PM
Spent the evening playing Mario Party 9. :lol:

Works pretty well with a case of lager to hand as well.

KSE Comedy Club
15-04-2012, 09:48 AM
Mass Effect 3. :bow:

Can't understand the vociferous complaints of the ending though. People are idiots.

Incidentally, BioWare have announced that they will create alternate endings, following a petition to change the ending. I guess those that complained will feel it is a victory in getting a company to kowtow to what they want. Ultimately they'll be paying extra to get the ending they think they want. :lol: Clever of BioWare to seem contrite.They aren't changing the ending, they are adding extra scenes to explain the fate of your crew and the other races.

The reason for the backlash was that none of the choices you make throughout the 3 games have any effect on the outcome, they become completely irrelevant. Bioware said you would shape the story and your choices would have a major impact on the outcome. They also said you would get radically different endings, which actually turn out to be a choice of picking 1 of 3 colours - which resulted in the same ending sequence just with a different colour explosion.

The other part of it is that the current ending has more plot holes than a building site and completely ruins the lore of the games that they created.

Also the ending that got released wasn't their original ending. The real ending was leaked onto the net a month or two before they were finishing the game off and as soon as that happened they decided to make a new ending, different from what was released. You can also add the fact that the original writer left after the first game and then more writers were added to the team to finish the rest of the story.

People talk about biowares artistic integrity being infringed but the fact is, they lost it themselves a long time ago, and damaged it further by making a half arsed conclusion.

It all depends how deep into the games you want to go, but if you are someone who follows it closely then you can understand why people aren't happy.

McNamara That Ghost...
15-04-2012, 10:29 AM
They aren't changing the ending, they are adding extra scenes to explain the fate of your crew and the other races.

The reason for the backlash was that none of the choices you make throughout the 3 games have any effect on the outcome, they become completely irrelevant. Bioware said you would shape the story and your choices would have a major impact on the outcome. They also said you would get radically different endings, which actually turn out to be a choice of picking 1 of 3 colours - which resulted in the same ending sequence just with a different colour explosion.

The other part of it is that the current ending has more plot holes than a building site and completely ruins the lore of the games that they created.

Also the ending that got released wasn't their original ending. The real ending was leaked onto the net a month or two before they were finishing the game off and as soon as that happened they decided to make a new ending, different from what was released. You can also add the fact that the original writer left after the first game and then more writers were added to the team to finish the rest of the story.

People talk about biowares artistic integrity being infringed but the fact is, they lost it themselves a long time ago, and damaged it further by making a half arsed conclusion.

It all depends how deep into the games you want to go, but if you are someone who follows it closely then you can understand why people aren't happy.

Yeah I said create alternate endings. I mean depending on the choice you made at the end you see different crew members at the very end so there has to be different ones created, otherwise it wouldn't make any sense for players. Don't forget one of the choices you can take means Shepard stays alive. If you honestly think the colours were the only thing different about the ending then clearly you didn't pay a huge amount of attention to it.

I think people are far too quick to criticise on things like this. Look, it's a franchise, the universe will continue and nobody has the slightest idea of how this will play in to future stories and future games. People are utterly brainless if they think they can close a trilogy without 'forcing' some amount of change on them.

It depends on how much you think of the story and how you feel about creating that experience. I don't know about you but curing the genophage felt quite uplifting regardless of how it might play out at the very end. BioWare were clear from the very beginning of this game this would be the end of Shepard's story. If I remember correctly there is an autosave when you make that final choice but you can't load directly back in to that part of the game, that suggests to me that will be imported in to future games, or if not then future DLC.

It's a dangerous precadent BioWare are setting kow-towing to supplement fans and pathetic entitlement because it could mean future writers won't take any risks with storylines anymore. They'll play it safe just because it might offend fans how they expected the story to go.

Oh and plot holes? When you include travelling at the speed of light in to a game there can never be plot holes, everything can be explained, if people actually have the patience.

To me BioWare have left it open for future games and I can't understand why fans would complain so much about it if they truly are fans of the series.

Thierrymon
15-04-2012, 09:13 PM
Either of you played the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer? Suprisingly addictive.

Marc Overmars
15-04-2012, 09:15 PM
Fancy starting a new game, thinking of getting Mass Effect.

What's it about?

GP
15-04-2012, 09:29 PM
Fancy starting a new game, thinking of getting Mass Effect.

What's it about?

Jerks in space.

Some dude called Shepherd commands a space ship and fucks shit up.

Seth Green is his pilot.

McNamara That Ghost...
15-04-2012, 10:06 PM
Either of you played the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer? Suprisingly addictive.

Yeah I did, it's quite good, given you're only ever working towards the same goal.

And MO, you can't get the original Mass Effect for the PS3, it'd have to be PC for you. It has lots of talking sections in it and yeah like GP says, he (if you play as a male) kicks ass all around the galaxy and then he gets involved in some intergalatic boning.

GP
15-04-2012, 10:17 PM
Boning :bow:

KSE Comedy Club
15-04-2012, 11:40 PM
Yeah I said create alternate endings. I mean depending on the choice you made at the end you see different crew members at the very end so there has to be different ones created, otherwise it wouldn't make any sense for players. Don't forget one of the choices you can take means Shepard stays alive. If you honestly think the colours were the only thing different about the ending then clearly you didn't pay a huge amount of attention to it.

I think people are far too quick to criticise on things like this. Look, it's a franchise, the universe will continue and nobody has the slightest idea of how this will play in to future stories and future games. People are utterly brainless if they think they can close a trilogy without 'forcing' some amount of change on them.

It depends on how much you think of the story and how you feel about creating that experience. I don't know about you but curing the genophage felt quite uplifting regardless of how it might play out at the very end. BioWare were clear from the very beginning of this game this would be the end of Shepard's story. If I remember correctly there is an autosave when you make that final choice but you can't load directly back in to that part of the game, that suggests to me that will be imported in to future games, or if not then future DLC.

It's a dangerous precadent BioWare are setting kow-towing to supplement fans and pathetic entitlement because it could mean future writers won't take any risks with storylines anymore. They'll play it safe just because it might offend fans how they expected the story to go.

Oh and plot holes? When you include travelling at the speed of light in to a game there can never be plot holes, everything can be explained, if people actually have the patience.

To me BioWare have left it open for future games and I can't understand why fans would complain so much about it if they truly are fans of the series.Not the bloody entitlement excuse again!

That is the line wheeled out by the media cause they don't get why the fans are upset. This doesn't set a precedent either, look up the fans annoyance with the fallout 3 ending and see what happened there. Yes there are plot holes and no they can't just be explained away because there is faster than light travel in the game (wtf?) that's just making excuses.

Just last week the us version of trading standards, the better business bureau, came out and said that bioware and EA had falsely advertised the game to its customers. They mislead people by stating that they could have radically different endings depending on the choices they made - but this isn't the case.

You say bioware have left it open for future games? Well if you read up on the lore and have also played the arrival DLC from ME2, then you will see that most of the races in the galaxy are pretty much fucked after the end of ME3. Once the mass effect relays are destroyed, most of the galaxy is stranded around earth and some races cannot survive in or on earths conditions. Also the lore itself states that if you destroy a relay, it's explosion will be powerful enough to wipe out any system it's near, so they actually wipe out the races in each system when Shepard sets the explosions off!

He turns out to be the biggest cause of genocide in the mass effect universe!!

Also, the end of the story ultimately makes no sense, - the reapers were created to destroy all organic life every 50000 years, to stop all organic life from being destroyed by synthetic life.

Lol Wut!?

like I say, if you really delve into the lore, you can understand why so many people are pissed off with the ending. There was a very well written article about it on kotaku I think, I will link it here tomorrow when I'm on my pc, that explains all this in much more detail. After reading it, maybe you might look at things with a different perspective.

Incidentally, what colour ending did you choose?

Edit: http://www.gamefront.com/mass-effect-3-ending-hatred-5-reasons-the-fans-are-right/

McNamara That Ghost...
16-04-2012, 09:52 AM
Not the bloody entitlement excuse again!

That is the line wheeled out by the media cause they don't get why the fans are upset. This doesn't set a precedent either, look up the fans annoyance with the fallout 3 ending and see what happened there. Yes there are plot holes and no they can't just be explained away because there is faster than light travel in the game (wtf?) that's just making excuses.

Just last week the us version of trading standards, the better business bureau, came out and said that bioware and EA had falsely advertised the game to its customers. They mislead people by stating that they could have radically different endings depending on the choices they made - but this isn't the case.

You say bioware have left it open for future games? Well if you read up on the lore and have also played the arrival DLC from ME2, then you will see that most of the races in the galaxy are pretty much fucked after the end of ME3. Once the mass effect relays are destroyed, most of the galaxy is stranded around earth and some races cannot survive in or on earths conditions. Also the lore itself states that if you destroy a relay, it's explosion will be powerful enough to wipe out any system it's near, so they actually wipe out the races in each system when Shepard sets the explosions off!

He turns out to be the biggest cause of genocide in the mass effect universe!!

Also, the end of the story ultimately makes no sense, - the reapers were created to destroy all organic life every 50000 years, to stop all organic life from being destroyed by synthetic life.

Lol Wut!?

like I say, if you really delve into the lore, you can understand why so many people are pissed off with the ending. There was a very well written article about it on kotaku I think, I will link it here tomorrow when I'm on my pc, that explains all this in much more detail. After reading it, maybe you might look at things with a different perspective.

Incidentally, what colour ending did you choose?

Fallout 3 was different because you couldn't go back in to the game (until the Broken Steel DLC I think) in a game that has an open world (Mass Effect doesn't really) and unlike Mass Effect you can't continue to level up by starting a new game with a pre-existing save. This is solely about the story.

What I mean by saying there is faster than light travel, is that people are trying to rationalise in an universe where that can happen! If one of the fundamentals of our lives can be broken then it gives them an easy out of being able to write themselves out of any hole (kinda like the Animus in Assassin's Creed).

Maybe a few feel generally wronged and mislead but I would suggest some of the fans that are criticising it did not buy Mass Effect 3 solely because of the strength of what EA/BioWare said but because it's another edition to the franchise. In any case, BioWare can easily say that the endings are radically different from the choice you make, as it's true (with one key consistent, the relays waving bye bye). It's just that it hasn't spoonfed everyone yet in to showing what happened. And of course it's entitlement, there is no other word to describe it.

I don't think it's that organic life will be destroyed by synthetics per se, it's that the created will end up destroying the creators. And that's true, or at least the essence of it is (even if some aren't successful), it's a common sci-fi theme. I don't think it's worth a huge amount of time trying to rationalise why the Reapers do what they do. On Virmire, Sovereign already said that we can't possibly understand, "My kind transcends your understanding" and by the looks of it, it was right. :ninja:

I don't believe all life was detroyed, even the Batarians survived to some extent following Arrival. I think the amount of destruction that occurs is also dependant on how many allies you recruited (I wouldn't know for sure as I finished it with 100% readiness). And if mass genocide had occured then the Reapers task was inadvertedly completed!

The one I concern I did have with the ending is that it was a deus ex machina, when you see that old man and a child i.e it was some story that had been retold to the child, "did all of that really happen?" That would be really lazy writing but as it turns out, I don't think that's the case. :lol:

I chose the "destroy" ending initially but then I went back and completed the very end two more times to see the other endings.

If they had an unlimited budget for the next games I would set it a few years on based on that final decision, release three different games in three very diferent worlds. In the world where you 'control' the Reapers, the Mass Effect relays can be rebuilt easily, where in the other two new technology has to be rebuilt, probably with a lot of opposition (given what happened with the Reapers).

I hope they don't go for the easy option though and just cast us back to something that previously happened (like the Human-Turian war). I'd buy it, of course but I want to see how it plays out from here.

KSE Comedy Club
16-04-2012, 10:02 AM
Fallout 3 was different because you couldn't go back in to the game (until the Broken Steel DLC I think) in a game that has an open world (Mass Effect doesn't really) and unlike Mass Effect you can't continue to level up by starting a new game with a pre-existing save. This is solely about the story.

What I mean by saying there is faster than light travel, is that people are trying to rationalise in an universe where that can happen! If one of the fundamentals of our lives can be broken then it gives them an easy out of being able to write themselves out of any hole (kinda like the Animus in Assassin's Creed).

Maybe a few feel generally wronged and mislead but I would suggest some of the fans that are criticising it did not buy Mass Effect 3 solely because of the strength of what EA/BioWare said but because it's another edition to the franchise. In any case, BioWare can easily say that the endings are radically different from the choice you make, as it's true (with one key consistent, the relays waving bye bye). It's just that it hasn't spoonfed everyone yet in to showing what happened. And of course it's entitlement, there is no other word to describe it.

I don't think it's that organic life will be destroyed by synthetics per se, it's that the created will end up destroying the creators. And that's true, or at least the essence of it is (even if some aren't successful), it's a common sci-fi theme. I don't think it's worth a huge amount of time trying to rationalise why the Reapers do what they do. On Virmire, Sovereign already said that we can't possibly understand, "My kind transcends your understanding" and by the looks of it, it was right. :ninja:

I don't believe all life was detroyed, even the Batarians survived to some extent following Arrival. I think the amount of destruction that occurs is also dependant on how many allies you recruited (I wouldn't know for sure as I finished it with 100% readiness). And if mass genocide had occured then the Reapers task was inadvertedly completed!

The one I concern I did have with the ending is that it was a deus ex machina, when you see that old man and a child i.e it was some story that had been retold to the child, "did all of that really happen?" That would be really lazy writing but as it turns out, I don't think that's the case. :lol:

I chose the "destroy" ending initially but then I went back and completed the very end two more times to see the other endings.

If they had an unlimited budget for the next games I would set it a few years on based on that final decision, release three different games in three very diferent worlds. In the world where you 'control' the Reapers, the Mass Effect relays can be rebuilt easily, where in the other two new technology has to be rebuilt, probably with a lot of opposition (given what happened with the Reapers).

I hope they don't go for the easy option though and just cast us back to something that previously happened (like the Human-Turian war). I'd buy it, of course but I want to see how it plays out from here. Incidentally you chose what is considered to be the 'right' ending first ;)

Marc Overmars
16-04-2012, 10:04 AM
ME3 sounds like a video game version of Battlestar Galactica. :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
16-04-2012, 10:27 AM
Incidentally you chose what is considered to be the 'right' ending first ;)

Only because I figured out it was the choice where Shepard would possibly survive.

McNamara That Ghost...
16-04-2012, 10:36 AM
ME3 sounds like a video game version of Battlestar Galactica. :lol:

The whole series is. :lol:

Marc Overmars
16-04-2012, 10:43 AM
The whole series is. :lol:

Definitely need to play it now, BSG is as good as it gets tbh.

Bit of a pain you can't get the first 1 for PS3. I think I'll ask my mate to borrow his Xbox when he goes on holiday next month and rent the game.

KSE Comedy Club
16-04-2012, 10:51 AM
Definitely need to play it now, BSG is as good as it gets tbh.

Bit of a pain you can't get the first 1 for PS3. I think I'll ask my mate to borrow his Xbox when he goes on holiday next month and rent the game.ME1 is a long game, you'd be better off ditching your crappy Piece of Shit 3 and buying a 360 tbh :coffee:

McNamara That Ghost...
16-04-2012, 12:10 PM
Yeah, MO don't rent it for only two days, unless you plan on spending the whole (and I mean whole) weekend on it.

GP
16-04-2012, 12:21 PM
ME1 is a long game, you'd be better off ditching your crappy Piece of Shit 3 and buying a 360 tbh :coffee:

:gp:

PS3 is one of the most boring consoles of all time.

Thierrymon
23-04-2012, 03:33 AM
Played a bit of the Diablo 3 beta over the weekend. Pretty good stuff. Looking forward to its release. Although it comes out the same day as Max Payne :doh:

GP
29-04-2012, 05:07 PM
Kid Icarus Uprising

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/5634-Kid-Icarus-Uprising

'A shit game for twats' :lol:

Thierrymon
30-04-2012, 01:05 AM
Hah, He loves to say that. To be fair Nintendo have turned to total shit. I miss my N64 :(

McNamara That Ghost...
08-05-2012, 12:52 PM
Minecraft is out on the 360 tomorrow.

McNamara That Ghost...
10-05-2012, 11:46 AM
So Xbox think it's a good idea to can the inside xbox videos on the dashboard. If there was an outcry following the ME3 ending, it might well pale in comparison to this. :lol:

GP
25-05-2012, 12:50 PM
Sniper Elite V2

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/5745-Sniper-Elite-V2

Nazis are like skittles :lol:

Master Splinter
31-05-2012, 06:21 AM
Nintendo trolling it up:

http://www.facebook.com/WiiU/posts/345083798892833

WUMger learnt the art well while in Japan.

It would be brilliant if Wenget did something like this on Arsenal.com with three new signings. Mass suicides :bow:.

(Come on Llorente :pray:).

McNamara That Ghost...
31-05-2012, 08:07 AM
I daresay one of them will be a Mario game. I'd think they would give a different setting though, it's hard to get bigger than a galaxy, they could go for Universe I suppose and make it 200 hours long.

And then have the Super Grandmaster Challenge. :(

Master Splinter
31-05-2012, 01:17 PM
Universe would tie in with the "U" name as well you know of course.

The team behind the 3D Marios recently made Galaxy 2 and Mario 3D Land, so it's unlikely they'll have a huge-scale 3D Mario ready this soon. Unless another team has been working/co-working on it.

McNamara That Ghost...
31-05-2012, 01:19 PM
Well they'll have a full year at least to work on it presumably, it could just be a simple teaser for the time being. Of course it could be another Mario game entirely but you'd think there would be at least one ready for lauch date.

GP
31-05-2012, 01:21 PM
Needs more Kirby, tbh

Master Splinter
31-05-2012, 01:23 PM
There's the possibility of a 2D one that links somehow to the upcoming New Super Mario Bros. 2 on 3DS . They're doing that with the next Smash Bros, so it could be a thing with some games across both platforms.

McNamara That Ghost...
31-05-2012, 01:29 PM
Needs more Kirby, tbh

I remember the Rik Mayall advert for Kirby way back when. :bow:

Thierrymon
31-05-2012, 10:23 PM
Max Payne 3 :bow:

Loved the first two and this one is awesome as well.

Shaqiri Is Boss
01-06-2012, 09:43 AM
A recently discovered Sony patent details a method for pausing games to insert ads.

The patent involves the game first slowing down as a warning appears on-screen that it is about to pause. The ad then fills the screen, providing another warning that the game will resume right before the ad ends.

There is a description of how the same method could be used for networked multiplayer games, pausing all players at once to show an ad.

It would also be possible for players to rewind their game slightly after an ad, in case the slowed gameplay or warning message had caused a user to miss part of the game.

It should be noted that Sony filed the patent in July of 2011, with the patent granted last November.

Pop-up ads of this nature are fairly common among smartphone and tablet games, an area where Sony has few games of its own.

The patent does specifically mention its use with video game consoles, as well as the possibility of being implemented in DVD players and DVRs.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a383697/sony-games-to-be-interrupted-by-adverts.html

Seems a pretty barmy idea, if it's mid-game as that suggests. I could make sense of it if it were in the loading screens, then again it'd probably be something where everyone is outraged and then after a month or two gets used to.

McNamara That Ghost...
04-06-2012, 02:52 PM
That would be horrific. Well for owner of Sony products, that is.

Having said that, it would not surprise me if Microsoft did something similar, patented or not.

Also, Microsoft's press conference from E3 is on at 5:30 our time. :popcorn:

Then, EA, then Ubisoft, then Sony.

GP
04-06-2012, 04:50 PM
FIFA 13 with Kinect voice, you can swear at the ref :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
04-06-2012, 05:45 PM
Sod off Usher.

McNamara That Ghost...
04-06-2012, 05:50 PM
FFS I was writing as I was going along but just lost the post. :doh:

From what I remember:
Halo 4.
Spinter Cell Blacklist. Surprising Ubisoft gave that one up before their own press conference.
Gear of War something or other.
Fable The Journey
FIFA 13. As GP said, uses Kinect. They didn't show much as it might bore the American audience I suppose so they quicly moved on to...
Madden NFL 13
Forza Horizon. Looks like Burnout Paradise/ Test Drive Unlimited.
NBA and NHL coming to xbox including all the games, for the uk too. Apparently you can bet MS points on live games.
Nike + for Kinect. Yay.
Bing uses different languages now. And a new innovation, you can search by genre.
Microsoft SmartGlass - looks like the DS but compatible with any phone or tablet. Examples they showed included changing the plays you can do on the Madden game or brought up a tracking map of Jon Snow beyond the wall or maybe it was Daenerys in the desert.
IE for Xbox. You can use your phone or tablet as a mouse, kinect integration of course.
Windows 8.
Moretv apps: though including Machinima.
More music apps.
Tomb Raider (again). Looks impressive, though with annoyingly long cutscene.

New games (finally):

Ascenia New Gods. Bloody and looked like a collaboration with GWAR
Matter. For Kinect. Looks like a mixture of Portal and Mercury HG. Gore Verbinski is involved. :blink:
Resi 6, not much needs to be said.
Wreckateer. Another Kinect game. You destroy things. Angry Birds want their idea back. Out this summer. :lol:
South Park The Stick of Truth. This must be the RPG they had been mentioning I suppose. Trey Parker and Matt Stone were presenting. :bow:
Dance Central 3. :rolleyes:
Black Ops II.

Cripps_orig
04-06-2012, 05:57 PM
Anyone played DC Universe Online?

McNamara That Ghost...
04-06-2012, 05:58 PM
Shame games are an afterthought for Microsoft now. And when they are showing they are either Kinect games or the latest entry in to a franchise.

Immerse, immerse, immerse. Shut up you douche.

McNamara That Ghost...
04-06-2012, 05:59 PM
Anyone played DC Universe Online?

I haven't.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/2757-DC-Universe-Online

Cripps_orig
04-06-2012, 06:07 PM
Its available for free at the PS store.

Looks very good. Takes ages to download though. Started downloading on Friday and finished yesterday night.

Not yet played properly but its a laugh when you play online with others

McNamara That Ghost...
04-06-2012, 08:23 PM
EA's press conference:

Dead Space 3
Sim City Social. Looks fantastic.
Battlefield 3 Premium. Nothing at all like CoD Elite I am sure.
Medal of Honor. Yay.
UFC.
Need For Speed Most Wanted. The millionth NFS game I think.
Crysis 3.

GP
04-06-2012, 08:40 PM
Wow.

Great.

GP
04-06-2012, 08:41 PM
Sequels of sequels.

Where has all the originality gone?

McNamara That Ghost...
04-06-2012, 09:47 PM
Developers are shit scared of making them, big companies are shit scared of publishing them. The best original games from now on will be on XBLA/PS3 Network for download more than likely, they already are probably.

GP
04-06-2012, 09:58 PM
Good point. There's some great, original stuff on Steam/XBLA/PSN.

Have you played Limbo? That's really good.

McNamara That Ghost...
04-06-2012, 09:59 PM
Ubisoft now.

McNamara That Ghost...
Good point. There's some great, original stuff on Steam/XBLA/PSN.

Have you played Limbo? That's really good.

I've played the first level as a demo (the spider creeped me out to tbf), bought it when it was half price a while back. Still haven't got round to it. :lol:

Shaqiri Is Boss
Sequels of sequels.

Where has all the originality gone?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaNsa49kd_s

McNamara That Ghost...
04-06-2012, 10:06 PM
http://e3.gamespot.com/press-conference/ubisoft-e3/

If Beyond and Good Evil 2 is revealed it will be worth it.

As it is we start off with dancing. FFS.

McNamara That Ghost...
04-06-2012, 10:07 PM
Flo Rida. :doh:

McNamara That Ghost...
04-06-2012, 10:38 PM
Ubisoft:
Far Cry 3. Did see some gazongas in the opening scene though.
Avengers Battle for Earth. :rolleyes:
Rayman Legends for WiiU. Looks good. Up to five players in the final version. :lol:
ZombiU. Full version of God Save the Queen on the trailer. For WiiU, obviously.
Video of various upcoming WiiU games. Rabbids Land, Just Dance 4. Your Shape Fitness Evolved and some other shit.
Assassin's Creed III.
Shootmania or something. Part of e-sport. Boys vs girls in the demonstration, boys win. Looks terrible. Only in BETA but I can't imagine it being any different, guess it is online only, even out of BETA.
Watch Dogs. A new game! :faint: Looks quite good. Interesting stuff.

Master Splinter
05-06-2012, 12:32 AM
If Nintendo roll out some worthless celebrity, you know the world has gone mad.

No Beyond Good & Evil 2. :(

There were rumours of a new Prince Of Persia as well.

Time for Sony and Nintendo to step up and be counted. They need to land a two-footer on Microsoft's jaw. A six-pointer if there ever was one. They need to stay organised and show grit and determination. They need to come out of the waiting period and conquer the wanting zone. I believe as well they have to show a super quality.

Munchies
05-06-2012, 08:11 AM
Regarding EA's one, the kinect seems a fad that hardly anyone will use after the novelty of it wears off. Might pick up fifa 13, haven't bought one since Fifa 10 .

Also how the UFC is finally with EA Sports, I seem to remember how the president was saying that it was never going to come to EA after they didn't want it at first and was willing to fire people who were in EA's own MMA game. Funny how money talks.

McNamara That Ghost...
05-06-2012, 08:17 AM
Sony showed a few new games, an obligatory new peripheral, some book kind of thing. And of course another God of War game. A fair bit of stuff for Vita too.

I'll watch it in full tomorrow.

Nintendo's press conference is on at 5. :popcorn:

GP
05-06-2012, 08:55 AM
Sony have really dropped the ball this generation.

I can't remember the last time I even turned my PS3 on.

GP
05-06-2012, 10:28 AM
Saints Row the Third :bow:

What an awesome game :lol:

Thierrymon
05-06-2012, 11:43 AM
Saints Row the Third :bow:

What an awesome game :lol:

Yeah, good game. Loved the "I need a hero" finale :lol:

Like the look of the Last Of Us. Made by the folks who made uncharted so hopefully its good.

GP
08-06-2012, 03:55 PM
I am going to buy a WiiU.

Looks really cool.

GP
18-06-2012, 02:12 PM
Super Mario 3D Land is alwsome :bow:

Nintendo does it again.

McNamara That Ghost...
18-06-2012, 03:39 PM
I want it. :(

Could do with a lottery win tbf.

Marc Overmars
18-06-2012, 03:43 PM
I'd buy every console and pretty much every game and have an entire room dedicated to each one.

Lottery. :bow:

It's on.

Shaqiri Is Boss
18-06-2012, 03:46 PM
http://media.techeblog.com/images/ultimate_game_room.jpg

GP
18-06-2012, 03:46 PM
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/535239_294333547322301_637059049_n.jpg

GP
18-06-2012, 03:47 PM
:lol: yeah...

McNamara That Ghost...
18-06-2012, 03:48 PM
Yeah I'd do the same. And I'd still buy the bulk of the necessities from Sainsbury's Basic range.

Games. :bow:

TVs. :bow:

Also. :haha:

GP and Ngibbles are the new MS and myself.

Marc Overmars
18-06-2012, 03:51 PM
That is a pretty stunning set up tbf.

GP
18-06-2012, 03:52 PM
The TV needs to be bigger, tbh.

Özim
18-06-2012, 04:07 PM
The TV needs to be bigger, tbh.
Yeah I know, I want to buy a 70" one, but they told me if I try and stick that on the wall as it is the house will come down. What can you do, walls are paper thin :shrug:

McNamara That Ghost...
18-06-2012, 04:08 PM
It doesn't have the best set-up because it makes the statutory doing shit in a game, time to lean forward position difficult to achieve.

McNamara That Ghost...
18-06-2012, 04:10 PM
Yeah I know, I want to buy a 70" one, but they told me if I try and stick that on the wall as it is the house will come down. What can you do, walls are paper thin :shrug:

Get a bigger house.

Master Splinter
22-06-2012, 04:31 PM
http://images.eurogamer.net/2012/articles//a/1/4/9/4/2/4/5/3DSXL2.jpg.jpg/EG11/resize/600x-1

GP :pal:.

McNamara That Ghost...
22-06-2012, 05:21 PM
Come on lottery win. :pray:

GP
22-06-2012, 06:49 PM
What's that? A 3DS for blind people?

My eyes are fine, thanks.

Shaqiri Is Boss
22-06-2012, 07:00 PM
What's that? A 3DS for blind people?

My eyes are fine, thanks.
They won't be after about 5 minutes of using it.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-06-2012, 06:10 PM
The ME3 extended cut scenes is out this week though strangely not for PS3 users in Europe until next week.

Even so, :popcorn:.

Master Splinter
25-06-2012, 03:46 PM
Ach's favourite game:

http://i.imgur.com/00mO7.jpg

GP
26-06-2012, 09:38 PM
Do not feed the Yau-guai

That is all.

Cripps_orig
26-06-2012, 09:40 PM
Ach's favourite game:

http://i.imgur.com/00mO7.jpg

Great game

Shit cover

Cripps_orig
29-06-2012, 02:44 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/fun/gaming/4401933/Grand-Theft-Auto-5-glimpsed-in-new-vid.html

Cant wait

Most anticipated game of all time

Master Splinter
09-07-2012, 06:29 PM
Michael Fassbender starring in the Assassin's Creed film:

http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/904652-michael-fassbender-to-star-in-assassins-creed-film

Interesting.

Is the plot actually something that would work well in the constraints of a film? At least a studio seems to want to have full creative control for once with a game adaptation.

McNamara That Ghost...
09-07-2012, 06:34 PM
I'm not sure because although the bulk of the game is historically based, it's actually sci-fi (assuming they don't just wipe that massive side of it out). Also with the conspiracy element of known historical figures, they will need to produce a lot of disclaimers all the time stating this is fiction. :lol:

GP
13-07-2012, 10:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVCfcbNE9Es

Coooooooool! :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
13-07-2012, 11:02 AM

Looks good.

GTA V screenshots were released the other day, not exactly showing anything interesting but at least it should mean it can't be too away. I really need to start playing games again before it comes out.

Master Splinter
13-07-2012, 07:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVCfcbNE9Es

Coooooooool! :lol:

Mario Kart :rose:.

Will you be banned online if you throw a banana at Lewis Hamilton?

Cripps_orig
21-07-2012, 02:06 PM
Just got the London 2012 game

Master Splinter
24-07-2012, 10:23 PM
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-07-24-new-pes-2013-video-shows-off-player-id-system

Buffon :bow:.

Why is Oxo already a superstar after about six games?

Can't wait for GHELkinson on next year's Actua Soccer cover.

GP
25-07-2012, 07:59 AM
PES :lol:

It's funny because no one plays it any more.

Shaqiri Is Boss
25-07-2012, 07:18 PM
Having just played the demo I can safely say, don't.

GP
25-07-2012, 07:19 PM
Still shit?

Shaqiri Is Boss
25-07-2012, 07:54 PM
Worse.

PES :rose:

GP
25-07-2012, 07:55 PM
Worse.

PES :lol:

GP
25-07-2012, 07:56 PM
It's all about Adidas Power Soccer

GP
25-07-2012, 09:10 PM
http://i4.imageban.ru/out/2012/07/15/e014ab2414e92022f3a402ece8f33e65.png

Marc Overmars
25-07-2012, 09:20 PM
European Club Soccer. :bow:

Power n Glory
26-07-2012, 12:07 PM
Worse.

It's a lot better to be fair. Lots of improvements compared to PES2012. I might get this one. Usually play Fifa but I hardly played the game last year.

Shaqiri Is Boss
26-07-2012, 12:10 PM
It's a lot better to be fair. Lots of improvements compared to PES2012. I might get this one. Usually play Fifa but I hardly played the game last year.
PES2012 must have been truly awful then, I can't really remember.

My last Fifa was 11. Infact that was the last game I bought; hardly ever play now bar demos and Brian Lara Cricket 2005.

Master Splinter
03-08-2012, 01:17 AM
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-08-02-fifa-13-wii-u-lets-you-score-using-the-gamepad-touch-screen

http://footballtainment.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/fifa13-wiiu_11.jpg?w=590

Arsenal :bow:.

This could potentially be awlsome, especially if you love stats. EA will probably cut out loads of features to make the launch though.

The Wii U controller is a Must Get. Especially the black one. White :lol:.

GP
03-08-2012, 08:01 AM
If it ain't white, it ain't right.

The WiiU is a must get.

Munchies
07-08-2012, 07:08 PM
Black Ops 2 Multiplayer trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vz6HT6eCv3w

Certainly have changed a few things from the usual, but it doesn't look too impressive at the moment may put off buying it unless its at a decent price, no doubt it'll still sell shitloads.

Marc Overmars
07-08-2012, 07:12 PM
I rented the Olympics game this week. Pretty shite on the whole but it's good fun if you've got some mates round and beers flowing.

GP
07-08-2012, 07:28 PM
Yeah it's not something you'd waste money buying.

Mario and Sonic at the Olympic games, however... :bow:

Cripps_orig
08-08-2012, 12:20 AM
I rented the Olympics game this week. Pretty shite on the whole but it's good fun if you've got some mates round and beers flowing.

Pretty much the only reason i got it.

Obviously i dont drink beer

Or have any mates

But the rest, i agree with

Munchies
18-08-2012, 08:32 AM
The new sleeping dogs game looks fairly decent, GTA set in Hong Kong. Probably rent it though as opposed to buying it as it'll get tedious after one playthrough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH950oHYLFE

V-Pig
24-08-2012, 11:45 AM
Has anyone ever played the Broken Sword series?

If so, they're releasing number 5, but they're trying to get funding in order to afford to complete it...

$400k needed! They've got over $150k already in the first day, but worth pledging if you're at all interested. You get other incentives for pledging.

I'm getting a t-shirt.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/165500047/broken-sword-the-serpents-curse-adventure

GP
24-08-2012, 11:54 AM
Nah, not really interested in this.

contributed to the Double Fine kickstarter. They were after $200k and ended up with over $3m.

V-Pig
24-08-2012, 11:56 AM
Kickstarter :bow:

GP
24-08-2012, 12:11 PM
I might start a Kickstarter to start up an Arsenal forum.

I just need £5m

V-Pig
24-08-2012, 12:14 PM
What goodies are you offering? Broken Sword are giving me a t-shirt, comics and posters.

GP
24-08-2012, 12:32 PM
For a £100k investment I'll give a branded usb stick (128mb), a Fosters branded pint glass and some beer mats.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-08-2012, 12:34 PM
DABBBLE FIIIIIIIIIIINE.

Brutal Legend. :bow:

Munchies
01-09-2012, 04:02 PM
Was thinking of buying this FPS game before, but its just gone Free to Play on steam :

http://store.steampowered.com/app/206210/

McNamara That Ghost...
13-09-2012, 03:42 PM
WiiU out on November 30th in Europe. :o

Interestingly Japan don't get it until 8th December, 18th November in the US.

GP
13-09-2012, 03:52 PM
A must get.

McNamara That Ghost...
13-09-2012, 04:43 PM
I reckon so.

bignev
14-09-2012, 07:23 AM
Black Mesa is out today.

Oh hell yes! :dance:

GP
14-09-2012, 08:33 AM
Isn't that just half life with half-life 2 graphics?

bignev
14-09-2012, 02:24 PM
Isn't that just half life with half-life 2 graphics?

It's been completely re-made with new voice acting and everything.

They have added and improved bits as well.

Best of all it's freeeeeeeeeeeee

Munchies
14-09-2012, 04:20 PM
Anyone have a go on fifa 13 ?

My PS3 controllers died at the right time

GP
14-09-2012, 05:33 PM
Yeah it's just like fifa 12.

and fifa 11

and 10

Cripps_orig
14-09-2012, 05:54 PM
Anyone have a go on fifa 13 ?

My PS3 controllers died at the right time

I bought FIFA 12 as well as Pro 12

Hadly played either. My days of football games are coming to an end. Doubt il get either this time.

One thing that makes me laugh is when the clueless complain that football games are similar to other versions. Its a football game. Obviously it will be near enough the same :doh: What do they expect? Players to get machine guns and kill each other? :doh:

Shaqiri Is Boss
14-09-2012, 06:11 PM
On that note, I do wish they'd remake Red Card :bow:

What a game that was.

Dolphins :bow:

Marc Overmars
14-09-2012, 06:11 PM
I still get FIFA every year but very rarely start a career and work my way through the game. It's purely a multiplayer game for when the lads are round now.

Olivier's xmas twist
14-09-2012, 06:30 PM
Fifa :pal:

Pro Evo :bow:

Marc Overmars
14-09-2012, 06:37 PM
wut?

Pro Evo is god awful. Has been since 2009.

McNamara That Ghost...
14-09-2012, 08:14 PM
Black Mesa should be good. I should probably think about getting a viable controller for the laptop tbf.

And as for the FIFA games, I enjoy them. I only ever get them as Christmas presents though so the year-on-year doesn't affect me too much. And in any case, FIFA 14 will correct the faults of 13. :ninja:

Think I will play a few games I have left to collect dust before F1 2012 and after that the inevitable October/November surge of games.

Jet Set Radio is out on XBLA next week. :bow:

bignev
15-09-2012, 04:25 PM
Black Mesa should be good. I should probably think about getting a viable controller for the laptop tbf.

Controller? You play FPS' with a mouse and keyboard son not a bl00dy controller. :banghead:

McNamara That Ghost...
15-09-2012, 04:26 PM
Did you miss the part about me having a laptop?

bignev
17-09-2012, 09:47 AM
Did you miss the part about me having a laptop?

And?

I hope by controller you mean external mouse and possibly keyboard. Something tells me you didn't though....

GP
17-09-2012, 09:52 AM
Ha, a guy I know spent £2000 on a gaming laptop, just to play FPS games... with a 360 pad :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
17-09-2012, 09:55 AM
And I don't have the room to play it like you normally would on a PC, on say a worktop surface.

Funny how people get upset when a mouse isn't used as the substitute for a gun though.

Xhaka Can’t
17-09-2012, 09:56 AM
Ha, a guy I know spent £2000 on a gaming laptop, just to play FPS games... with a 360 pad :lol:

Yeah, it was a 'friend'.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

GP
17-09-2012, 09:58 AM
Yeah, it was a 'friend'.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

I don't have 2 grand to spend on a laptop.

And if I did, I'd do the sensible thing and spend it on hookers and blackjack.

bignev
17-09-2012, 10:28 AM
And I don't have the room to play it like you normally would on a PC, on say a worktop surface.

Funny how people get upset when a mouse isn't used as the substitute for a gun though.

Not upset. It's just kinda silly.

Why use an inferior control system for a game when you have a better alternative? You will get much more enjoyment out of the game with a mouse / kbd combo.

Some games were made for controllers. FPS' aren't those games.

GP
17-09-2012, 10:44 AM
I dunno, it's just a matter of preference I think.

And Maccy, if you're after a contol pad for your laptop you can't go wrong with the xbox 360 pad.

You can get a wired one or a wireless one with a receiver.

McNamara That Ghost...
17-09-2012, 11:37 AM
Not upset. It's just kinda silly.

Why use an inferior control system for a game when you have a better alternative? You will get much more enjoyment out of the game with a mouse / kbd combo.

Some games were made for controllers. FPS' aren't those games.

There isn't a trigger button for shooting, I want to feel like I am playing a shooting game, not playing an interactive point-and-click. Although, they are great. I'm only semi-serious there (I like point-and-click) but my enjoyment of games is not solely determined of how it's perceived you should be playing, after all, in the case of the game that started this off - I'd only be playing against AI. And it doesn't affect the storytelling.

And yeah GP that's what I was thinking, plus I don't need to be eating the screen whilst playing anything.

Also, F1 2012 is out soon. :bow:

bignev
17-09-2012, 01:25 PM
There isn't a trigger button for shooting, I want to feel like I am playing a shooting game, not playing an interactive point-and-click. Although, they are great. I'm only semi-serious there (I like point-and-click) but my enjoyment of games is not solely determined of how it's perceived you should be playing, after all, in the case of the game that started this off - I'd only be playing against AI. And it doesn't affect the storytelling.

And yeah GP that's what I was thinking, plus I don't need to be eating the screen whilst playing anything.

Also, F1 2012 is out soon. :bow:

Well yeah obviously it's up to you how you play but you're doing it wrong :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
17-09-2012, 01:37 PM
It's ok, I don't make a habit of playing shooters on a laptop anyway.

GP
17-09-2012, 01:44 PM
Everyone knows the coolest people play World of Warcraft anyway.

McNamara That Ghost...
17-09-2012, 01:50 PM
This is true. I don't have the money to justify a subscription though. :whistle:

GP
18-09-2012, 07:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvYXoyxLv64

Kung Fu Pandas! :bow:

bignev
19-09-2012, 10:17 AM
This is true. I don't have the money to justify a subscription though. :whistle:

And you're not a 14 year old asian child who likes Panda's....... or are you?

McNamara That Ghost...
19-09-2012, 11:08 AM
Pandas are great (Red Pandas are better) but no, afraid not.

GP
19-09-2012, 12:23 PM
Can't we just end Panda on Panda violence? :(

McNamara That Ghost...
19-09-2012, 06:18 PM
Save the Pandas tbf.

Syn
20-09-2012, 10:40 AM
OMFG. THE NEW PES IS OUT TODAY!!!!!!!!!!

But there is no HMV near me. And I have a £20 giftcard to use so I must only buy from HMV.

2nd world problems IMO.

I need it now. I'll happily skive off and go home to start a brand new fucking master league with Castello and the lads.

GP
20-09-2012, 10:41 AM
Syn :haha:

Needs to sort his life and face out, tbh

Master Splinter
21-09-2012, 03:22 PM
http://www.gamereactor.es/media/33/wiiudefinitiva_563391.jpg

http://www.gamereactor.es/media/32/wiiudefinitiva_563291.jpg

http://www.gamereactor.es/media/33/wiiudefinitiva_563361.jpg

It's beautiful.

GP
21-09-2012, 03:24 PM
A must get.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-09-2012, 03:28 PM
Looks little bit good.

Come on Christmas present. :bow:

Marc Overmars
21-09-2012, 03:29 PM
Think I may sell the Wii to finance this purchase.

GP
21-09-2012, 03:50 PM
I'll trade mine in at gamestation probably.

I reckon I used it about twice :lol:

Ollie the Optimist
24-09-2012, 05:09 PM
got a few old games that i dont use anymore, wheres the best place to trade them in?

GP
04-11-2012, 11:28 PM
Finally started playing Skyrim.

I'm not sure I like it.

Thierrymon
05-11-2012, 02:18 AM
The games that are scheduled to release for the Wii U look awful. Hope its not another Wii in that sense.

Halo 4 comes out tomorrow. Not sure if i'll get it but it seems to be gettting good reviews.

Marc Overmars
05-11-2012, 08:37 AM
The only games I have for the Wii are the Nintendo ones. Zelda, Mario, Donkey Kong, Wario etc.

I imagine they'll be the only ones worth getting for the Wii U as it'll become saturated with party games again.

McNamara That Ghost...
05-11-2012, 09:11 AM
Birthday money on Halo 4, ACIII or third party bargains. Hmmm tough call.

Also, GP, Well Skyrim is such a massive game, it's going to be hard to decide right now. Actually I don't even know how you review games like that.

At least the WiiU will be able to give third party 'serious' games they previously missed out on. Can't get it though in case it ends up being a Christmas present.

GP
05-11-2012, 09:58 AM
ZombieU :bow:

Thierrymon
05-11-2012, 11:55 PM
ZombieU :bow:

Yeah ZombieU looks like it might be good. Could also be total garbage. Was a massive fan of Bayonetta, shame the sequel is only coming to WiiU. The new Pikmin should be good.

GP
05-11-2012, 11:59 PM
Nintendo were the only ones willing to stump up the publishing costs for Bayonetta, so it's no surprise It'll be an exclusive.

And of course, as always, the 1st party titles will be top top top quality.

Nintendo should buy Rare from Microsoft, tbh.

Thierrymon
06-11-2012, 09:45 AM
Nintendo were the only ones willing to stump up the publishing costs for Bayonetta, so it's no surprise It'll be an exclusive.

And of course, as always, the 1st party titles will be top top top quality.

Nintendo should buy Rare from Microsoft, tbh.

Rare's N64 catalogue was awesome. Would love a proper perfect dark sequel and jet force gemini.

Master Splinter
06-11-2012, 07:47 PM
Rare are not Rare anymore.

In the same way this Arsenal team is not the one from 2004. Or the majestic Hleb-led tippy tappy merchants from 2007.

They should continue to work with Platinum though, who have a track record of awlsomeness.

GP
06-11-2012, 08:44 PM
I plugged my N64 in yesterday, was feeling nostalgic.

Goldeneye has not aged well.

McNamara That Ghost...
06-11-2012, 10:11 PM
Yeah I found that the other day. Donkey Kong 64 is still awlsome though probably because it used the memory expansion.

Also, the Kinect Sports games are great. It'd just be nice if that wasn't all they were allowed to do.

GP
07-11-2012, 12:04 PM
Conkers Bad Fur Day :bow:

Master Splinter
08-11-2012, 09:30 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6ceNFV2yz4

Master Splinter
08-11-2012, 09:32 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npuuTBlEb1U

The game was a bit boring, though.

GP
08-11-2012, 10:04 AM
It's all about Banjo Kazooie, tbh

GP
10-11-2012, 09:19 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfaN267lI_Y&feature=g-all-f

McNamara That Ghost...
10-11-2012, 09:27 AM

You stupid little twat!

Donkey Kong 64 is in my esteemed top 5 most enjoyed games list tbf. Completed it at least four times.

Along with Banjo-Kazooie, of course.

Marc Overmars
10-11-2012, 10:21 AM
N64 was amazing. Although I had to wait a while inbetween getting new games because they were so bloody expensive.

Master Splinter
10-11-2012, 03:18 PM
Turok for £70 :bow:.

Anyone buy it at launch?

GP
10-11-2012, 03:34 PM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KILLER-INSTINCT-GOLD-NINTENDO-64-N64-VGA-85-NM-BRAND-NEW-SEALED-UK-PAL-/251175026570?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item3a7b32bf8a

Master Splinter
10-11-2012, 03:55 PM
I still have KI Gold.

A bit not good compared to the SNES classic. Possibly Rare's best game. The awlsome soundtrack CD :bow:.

Marc Overmars
10-11-2012, 03:57 PM
Damn, if only I knew as a kid how much these games would go for. :wacko:

GP
12-11-2012, 07:55 PM
I wanted to play Mario Sunshine today but I can't find my copy :(

Might have to get another off eBay.

McNamara That Ghost...
12-11-2012, 07:59 PM
Yeah you can get it fairly cheaply from there. I might try to get Super Mario RPG next.

Also, I note that Silicon Knights have been asked (well told) to destroy all retail copies of their games that used Unreal Engine 3. Wow.

Another also, I think I have decided on third party bargains with birthday money but use nectar points to go with ACIII. :bow:

GP
12-11-2012, 11:52 PM
FusRoDah!

McNamara That Ghost...
13-11-2012, 12:07 AM
Shouts. :bow:

bignev
13-11-2012, 11:09 AM
I wanted to play Mario Sunshine today but I can't find my copy :(

Might have to get another off eBay.

Why?

Mario Sunshine was underwhelming to say the least :(

GP
13-11-2012, 11:10 AM
Why?

Mario Sunshine was underwhelming to say the least :(

No, it was awesome.

Better than Mario 64, tbh.

McNamara That Ghost...
13-11-2012, 12:05 PM
The only problem I had with Sunshine was the camera issues for certain platform sections but that's a minor quibble, the rest of it was great.

And Yahtzee likes it, which must mean something.

bignev
13-11-2012, 04:06 PM
Urgh no it was boring. All the levels were the same pretty much and who the hell wants to clean stuff up constantly? I play games to get away from that shit.

No where near as good as Mario 64 or Galaxy.

McNamara That Ghost...
13-11-2012, 08:11 PM
Bastion. :bow:

Thierrymon
13-11-2012, 08:23 PM

:good:

Xhaka Can’t
13-11-2012, 09:34 PM

Our third highest goalscorer!

Legend! :bow:

GP
14-11-2012, 04:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vzue74y7A84&feature=g-all-f

McNamara That Ghost...
14-11-2012, 04:36 PM
:cloud9: tbf.

Although they're surely exaggerating about the size - they say it's bigger than the GTA IV, San Andreas and Red Dead Redemption maps combined. :blink:

GP
14-11-2012, 04:41 PM
:lol: that's ridiculous

Marc Overmars
14-11-2012, 04:42 PM
I did enjoy taking a road trip across the entire map on San Andreas tbf.

GP
14-11-2012, 04:47 PM
I always enjoy beating hookers to death.

McNamara That Ghost...
14-11-2012, 05:11 PM
With a dildo.

Also, Tom Petty coming on the radio whilst out driving in the sticks. :bow:

The Wengerbabies
14-11-2012, 06:42 PM
Did anyone get Black Ops 2?

Hardly heard anything about it this year.

COD :rose:

McNamara That Ghost...
14-11-2012, 06:44 PM
Nah, the campaign sucks the big one after the first two missions apparently. Shame, I quite enjoyed the original campaign. I'll get it when it is a tenner less in price.

I suspect it has still sold a lot though.

Power n Glory
14-11-2012, 07:00 PM
Growing a bit tired of first person shooters. Stopped buying COD a while ago but I usually always get Halo. Not bothering with Halo 4 this year. Looks too much of the same stuff.

McNamara That Ghost...
14-11-2012, 07:10 PM
There are so many of them, it's true. It's why I buy so many games from XBLA these days and not retail. I've used birthday money for Halo 4 so I am considering it to be me getting it for free, well, a profit really.

Master Splinter
14-11-2012, 08:56 PM
Mario Sunshine was good, just slightly offbeat. The presentation made it seem like it wasn't really part of the Mario universe. It was stupidly hard though, especially those coin things. It was probably one of those Nintendo games that started off as something else - considering how central the FLUDD device was to everything - with Mario being incorporated onto it once they realised they had a great idea.

Mario 64 is still my favourite 3D platformer. It's virtually perfection. Galaxy is obviously absolutelysensational, but I don't think anything will ever come close to the perfect realisation of a 3D world that Nintendo instantly nailed with Mario 64. Banjo-Kazooie is brilliant (especially how good it looked and sounded and the classic Rare dialogue), but it's a Rare game where they are paying homage to Nintendo rather than doing their own thing (Killer Instinct/Goldeneye/Jet Force Gemini/Blast Corps).

PGFC
14-11-2012, 09:40 PM
We have CODBO11, the multiplayer is spot on, even for a partially-sighted 50 year old, the campaign's a bit :rolleyes: so far but making French kids rage quit more than makes up for that.

McNamara That Ghost...
14-11-2012, 09:47 PM
Nothing is better than annoying Nasri.

Also, MS, I think that's a bit unfair to say it's a homage to Mario 64. All 3D platformers following Mario 64 are going to be compared to it and I understand that because of it being such a landmark game but it's not like Rare hadn't done platform games before!

I'll always place Banjo-Kazooie ahead of Mario 64 because of the humour it has and I think I prefer the level desig. I've re-played them about the same amount though!

I like the fact Mario Sunshine was off the beaten track, I suspect they might have to do something similar to that in the future - after going to the galaxy and as great as those two games are, what else is there left?

Master Splinter
14-11-2012, 10:16 PM
Also, MS, I think that's a bit unfair to say it's a homage to Mario 64. All 3D platformers following Mario 64 are going to be compared to it and I understand that because of it being such a landmark game but it's not like Rare hadn't done platform games before!

I'll always place Banjo-Kazooie ahead of Mario 64 because of the humour it has and I think I prefer the level design. I've re-played them about the same amount though!

I don't mind it when something is copied well, and it definitely has it's own unique personality which makes it special. It's widely acknowledged that a lot of Rare's games were almost facsimiles of Nintendo games. Banjo-Kazooie, Diddy Kong Racing, Starfox Adventures, Mickey's Speedway USA (haven't played this tbf) and even the Donkey Kong games (2D and 3D) owe a lot to Nintendo platformers. Most of these games obviously differentiate themselves through Rare's peerless presentational skills (at the time), but design-wise, their takes on types of games Nintendo themselves didn't make were always far more interesting in terms of gameplay. Banjo-Kazooie, DK64, Diddy Kong Racing and Stafox Adventures will always be in the shadow of the 3D Marios, Mario Kart and Zelda. Games like Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Blast Corps and even Killer Instinct (even though that could be seen as heavily inspired by Mortal Kombat) are still unique and even unmatched in certain aspects.

To kind of prove my point, they're still making Nintendo clones: Kinect Sports! By most accounts, their more original works - the Viva Pinata games - are supposed to be Rare's best games since the N64 days.

I like the fact Mario Sunshine was off the beaten track, I suspect they might have to do something similar to that in the future - after going to the galaxy and as great as those two games are, what else is there left?

They probably won't do anything as weird as Sunshine. It'll have to be Universe; somehow make it bigger in scope than the Galaxy games. Or maybe they'll make it more like 64 again, with an even bigger, fully-realised Mushroom Kingdom. Basically take every location from every 2D Mario game and make it 3D. Play it 3D on your TV and switch to 2D in any level at any time on the gamepad. Fuck. That sounds awlsome. Hope Nintendo EAD is reading GW.

McNamara That Ghost...
14-11-2012, 10:42 PM
That does sound good.

They would be in the shadow because they aren't the main Nintendo games, it does not neccessarily mean they should be automatically considered above them. You note Diddy Kong Racing and Mario Kart but Mario Kart's single player is pitiful compared to the adventure of Diddy Kong Racing. Of course the multiplayer is the reverse but it's only on rare occasions where I played multiplayer and even then, it was only for two hours or so at the very most. What may or may not be the general consensus doesn't always make for a compelling argument.

Back on to BK, I don't think there are too many similarities with Mario 64. Sure they are both platformers, both 3D and both are good vs evil (what isn't?) but after that, the 'clone' accusations break down a bit.

You hold Nintendo in high regard and that's fine but from that standpoint of Nintendo being king, it's always going to be the case with any company that follows Nintendo. You have talked about how innovative Nintendo are but then talk about other companies cloning what they've done. Well you can't be innovative of any importance if you don't usher in anything afterwards.

Also as was then Nintendo's second-in-command developer, don't you think they would actually request or encourage Rare to have their lynchpin platform characters/platform stables? It'd seem likely to me, they aren't dim when it comes to business (generally).

Funny anecdote about the Wii, Microsoft and Sony could've had the patent apparently before Nintendo eventually did. :haha:

Marc Overmars
14-11-2012, 11:48 PM
Mario 64. :bow:

The only game I've bought from the Wii Shop Channel. Still looks as fresh as anything out today.

GP
14-11-2012, 11:50 PM
Wind Waker :bow:

Still looks absolutely stunning

Marc Overmars
14-11-2012, 11:56 PM
I missed out on the Gamecube generation tbh.

GP
14-11-2012, 11:57 PM
I missed out on the Gamecube generation tbh.

Sucks to be you.

Master Splinter
15-11-2012, 03:15 AM
That does sound good.

Pretty much.

In regards to the rest of your post, to avoid this becoming the General Chat equivalent of one of those endlessly circular debates I should clarify I love most Rare games. I've mentioned it loads of times here too probably. Goldeneye, Banjo-Kazooie and Killer Instinct are some of my favourite and most-played games ever. My point is just that their originality in design and gameplay shines through more when they were doing something quite different from Nintendo themselves. It's well-known how much influence Nintendo has on their second-party studios (and when they co-develop something with a third party studio), so they were obviously the ones very much behind the output of similar racing games and platformers. Nintendo are often quite conservative with their external studios, so it's actually impressive how much ground-breaking and edgy stuff Rare were allowed to get away with. I wasn't criticising the quality of Rare's games at all. If you have such a talented team though, I'd say it's always preferable to see them break boundaries rather than stay within them.

On the subject of Nintendo, I didn't actually become a fan until the N64. I had a SNES, but mainly played beat 'em ups and action games on it. I definitely think that Nintendo's best games have a little extra super quality. That doesn't mean no other studios match their best, because many do, but usually in different genres. When you think of the seminal Nintendo franchises, it's often the case that they defined the genre or sub-genre in the first attempt and little after has come close to matching it. When you play a Mario World/Galaxy or Ocarina Of Time/Link's Awakening or Metroid Prime or Pokemon, every element just comes together perfectly. Everything from the movement of the character to the progression to the difficulty curve are usually pitch perfect. The central gameplay and level/world/course design has always been what I feel is most important in a game. Nintendo being the only one of the console-makers (Sega :rose:) to still put the primary focus on games which are proud to be games, rather than trying to be movie-like experiences, is probably why they appeal to me more.

If you find this overly effusive, I could talk about other developers too.

Master Splinter
15-11-2012, 03:33 AM
Wind Waker :bow:

Still looks absolutely stunning

Rogue Squadron II was a launch game. Eleven years old. It still looks amazing.

And F-Zero GX. And Metroid Prime. And the Resident Evil remake. And Resident Evil 4.

Nothing I played on the Xbox (which was the most powerful of that generation of consoles) looked as awlsome as these, technically or artistically. Panzer Dragoon Saga and Ninja Gaiden were impressive though. That Riddick game and the Conker remake were supposed to be two of the best-looking games, though I've never played them.

Gamecube :bow:.

MO :lol:.

McNamara That Ghost...
15-11-2012, 09:27 AM
Pretty much.

In regards to the rest of your post, to avoid this becoming the General Chat equivalent of one of those endlessly circular debates I should clarify I love most Rare games. I've mentioned it loads of times here too probably. Goldeneye, Banjo-Kazooie and Killer Instinct are some of my favourite and most-played games ever. My point is just that their originality in design and gameplay shines through more when they were doing something quite different from Nintendo themselves. It's well-known how much influence Nintendo has on their second-party studios (and when they co-develop something with a third party studio), so they were obviously the ones very much behind the output of similar racing games and platformers. Nintendo are often quite conservative with their external studios, so it's actually impressive how much ground-breaking and edgy stuff Rare were allowed to get away with. I wasn't criticising the quality of Rare's games at all. If you have such a talented team though, I'd say it's always preferable to see them break boundaries rather than stay within them.

On the subject of Nintendo, I didn't actually become a fan until the N64. I had a SNES, but mainly played beat 'em ups and action games on it. I definitely think that Nintendo's best games have a little extra super quality. That doesn't mean no other studios match their best, because many do, but usually in different genres. When you think of the seminal Nintendo franchises, it's often the case that they defined the genre or sub-genre in the first attempt and little after has come close to matching it. When you play a Mario World/Galaxy or Ocarina Of Time/Link's Awakening or Metroid Prime or Pokemon, every element just comes together perfectly. Everything from the movement of the character to the progression to the difficulty curve are usually pitch perfect. The central gameplay and level/world/course design has always been what I feel is most important in a game. Nintendo being the only one of the console-makers (Sega :rose:) to still put the primary focus on games which are proud to be games, rather than trying to be movie-like experiences, is probably why they appeal to me more.

If you find this overly effusive, I could talk about other developers too.

I think Rare did push what can be done with a polygon filled platformer, both with B-K and B-T, although B-T wasn't as good. I wouldn't say their gameplay 'shines through' in other game as in, it's there in other games but it isn't in their platformers, I think it is - you just need to do more looking for it and to be honest that's exactly what a lot of their games are about - exploring. With Mario 64 that's true to a certain extent (outside the castle) but because the levels are broken up with 'episodes' that is one of the key differences between the games/series.

Also Mario 64 have more traditional platform 'sections' (moving blocks, jumping from one to the other) than B-K does. If B-K does have those sections it only makes up part of the level whereas say in the case of Tick Tock Clock it is the level. I've always felt that as great as the Mario games are, they've always lacked that extra small detail I appreciate in games and on the flipside the Rare games have always had that within them (it's still there, even on Kinect Sports). It's also one of the things I really about the GTA games, they too put details in that can go overlooked.

If B-K is indeed a clone of Mario 64 and I still maintain that it is not, it's merely that it came after a landmark game but if it is all those comparisons surely go out the window with the pre-Gruntilda battle? I can't imagine Nintendo would ever put something like that in to their games and that's because it just wouldn't fit. Also on the point of how easy it is for a game to be labelled as a 'clone', wasn't Crash Bandicoot labeled as such? Despite it only coming out a few months after Mario 64 did!

Nintendo do have their defining games and so they should as one of the main game developers but I have an issue with saying Nintendo's primary focus being on games proud to be games - is that what the Wii was about or was it to try and bring in a different kind of consumer? Of course Nintendo have their franchise games that they can put on to most games, they will sell really well and probably be really good but after that, what do they have? Obviously this is different with the Wii U now big third party designers can make games of a similar standard to the PS3 and 360 but on the Wii, after that was gimmicks.

My Wii doesn't often get played because there are just so few games to keep my interest, most of my friends have had a Wii but have eventually sold because they too just ended up not playing anymore - I would imagine that's true for quite a few people, the motion control aspect just doesn't have the longevity. After the Mario games, perhaps the Zelda games too, not a huge amount is there to be played. The fact I am finding myself going back to Gamecube games to play on the Wii, rather games that the Wii was intended for is not a great sign that their primary focus was on games, being games. With the N64, it was different.

Marc Overmars
15-11-2012, 10:19 AM
All this talk will definitely see me getting the N64 out this weekend.

McNamara That Ghost...
15-11-2012, 10:53 AM
Do it, do it, do it.

Mine is always out, just not plugged in.

Marc Overmars
15-11-2012, 11:41 AM
Mine is packed away in the garage along with the Mega Drive and Snes.

Retro gaming weekend. :bow: