PDA

View Full Version : Leicester player ratings and reaction

mandela8
13-08-2022, 10:33 PM
Very good win. Leicester are still a decent team at close to full strength but Arsenal were a level above them for most of the game and only, what you'd assume to be, a rare mistake had the nerves going.

Ramsdale 4 - just not convincing again. Has a way to go. The first goal... There's things can happen...That second goal was woeful.

Zinchenko 7 - thought he was really good. Quite unusual the way he slips into CM but it was effective and he used the ball well. Created a couple of chances and was solid defensively.

Gabriel 7 - Pretty solid again. Unspectacular but he doesn't need to be.

Saliba 6 - thought he was very good again but a terrible mistake that he really shouldn't be making. Always put those knock backs wide of the goal. Schoolboy stuff.

White 7 - very solid. I thought the right side was pretty non existent but he didn't concede anything and some what he did well.

Xhaka 7.5 - what the fuck. Thought he was good. A few Xhaka passes but made great runs all game. Probably the best performance I remember from him, tbh.

Partey 8 - just pure class. Levels above anyone around him. Just a different category of player.

Martinelli 8.5 - man of the match for me. I've been critical of his lack of end product but he looked threatening every time he got the ball and off it he was great too.

Odegaard 7 - just cog in a pretty well oiled attacking machine today.

Saka 3 - anyone refusing to admit he shouldn't be near that team is in denial. Absolutely non existent yet again.

Jesus 8 - what a 1st goal. Brilliant. All round very good game. There was an opportunity to put Martinelli through in the first half and he just didn't release the ball. Moments like that, and a couple of bad misses, are reminders he's not at that elite level yet.

Tielemans - Saka/10

Chippy
14-08-2022, 08:26 AM
Very good win. Leicester are still a decent team at close to full strength but Arsenal were a level above them for most of the game and only, what you'd assume to be, a rare mistake had the nerves going.

Ramsdale 4 - just not convincing again. Has a way to go. The first goal... There's things can happen...That second goal was woeful.

Zinchenko 7 - thought he was really good. Quite unusual the way he slips into CM but it was effective and he used the ball well. Created a couple of chances and was solid defensively.

Gabriel 7 - Pretty solid again. Unspectacular but he doesn't need to be.

Saliba 6 - thought he was very good again but a terrible mistake that he really shouldn't be making. Always put those knock backs wide of the goal. Schoolboy stuff.

White 7 - very solid. I thought the right side was pretty non existent but he didn't concede anything and some what he did well.

Xhaka 7.5 - what the fuck. Thought he was good. A few Xhaka passes but made great runs all game. Probably the best performance I remember from him, tbh.

Partey 8 - just pure class. Levels above anyone around him. Just a different category of player.

Martinelli 8.5 - man of the match for me. I've been critical of his lack of end product but he looked threatening every time he got the ball and off it he was great too.

Odegaard 7 - just cog in a pretty well oiled attacking machine today.

Saka 3 - anyone refusing to admit he shouldn't be near that team is in denial. Absolutely non existent yet again.

Jesus 8 - what a 1st goal. Brilliant. All round very good game. There was an opportunity to put Martinelli through in the first half and he just didn't release the ball. Moments like that, and a couple of bad misses, are reminders he's not at that elite level yet.

Tielemans - Saka/10

Yep, pretty much agree with all of that.

Chippy
14-08-2022, 08:27 PM
Are we back in love with Xhaka?

I am actually very pleased that he signed a new contract.

Letters
15-08-2022, 08:26 AM
Yep, pretty much agree with all of that.

Even the continued Saka trolling?

selassie
15-08-2022, 08:47 AM
The performances are still a bit too lopsided for me liking. Last season we seem to look fairly organised, kind of boring but efficient. This season we look pretty good offensively, well we did on Saturday...but defensively we looked a bit all at sea at times and Ramsdale's performance worried me too, shades of the end of last season where he looks very suspect with his shot stopping and decision making.

Still early days and more positives than negatives...but I still not fully convinced yet.

mandela8
15-08-2022, 11:05 AM

Do you think he was the worst player in the team?

Chippy
15-08-2022, 11:58 AM

He hasn't been his best lately tbf.

HCZ_Reborn
15-08-2022, 12:00 PM
Do you think he was the worst player in the team?

No he was nowhere near

The worst player on the pitch Saturday was Ramsdale

Saka was quiet but he still laid on chances that Jesus should have buried

HCZ_Reborn
15-08-2022, 12:02 PM
He hasn't been his best lately tbf.

There’s a great chasm of a difference between not been at his best and this deranged sweaty sock giving him three out of ten

HCZ_Reborn
15-08-2022, 12:15 PM
Ramsdale - 2 - And I think that is generous, let’s be fair the reason the penalty was given in the first place was because he allowed Vardy to make a mug out of him, it being overturned because Vardy is a diving, cheating piece of shit doesn’t change that. Saliba’s error was caused by the fact that Ramsdale was not in charge and he had to make a decision…and as for the Maddison goal….closed down the space only to let a tame shot slip between his legs (Mason Greenwood’s ex wouldn’t be impressed by that)

White - 6 - Dealt well with the attacking threat but offers even less going forward than Tomoyasu which is a shame as we are now over relying on creating attacks down our left hand side.

Saliba - 6 - Unfortunate incident but equally it shows not afraid to make decisions even if they go wrong….would have helped if communication between him and Ramsdale was better

Gabriel - 7 - Consummate professional

Zinchenko - 6 Bit better than last week where he was being made to look like a cunt by Jordan Ayew but still essentially thirty million that should have been spent on a midfielder

Xhaka - 5 - Utter cunt being an utter Cunt, dithers on the ball and gives it away to Fofana when a decent player would have buried it. Got forward well but if he can’t do the job he’s put in to do and we’ve already got plenty of midfielders who can play in the final third what’s the point of him.

Partey 6 - Solid but unspectacular

Odegaard 5 - Decided to have a day off in light of Xhaka losing all sense of positional discipline…maybe the heat was too much for his fair skin

Martinelli 9 - For me the actual man of the match, everything that worked came through him….individually tormented Leicester.

Gabriel J 8.5 - Should have got his hat trick but other than that a constant menace well worth his brace and very likely to be many more where that came from

Saka 6 - Pretty quiet but laid on two good chances for Gabriel despite getting no attacking support from Ben White

Subs:

Who gives a fuck none of them were on more than ten minutes

Chippy
15-08-2022, 12:41 PM
There’s a great chasm of a difference between not been at his best and this deranged sweaty sock giving him three out of ten

Ok, ok, I concede.
6/10 for Saka ;)

mandela8
15-08-2022, 02:43 PM
Ok, ok, I concede.
6/10 for Saka ;)

You joke but those are actually the standards he's held to.

Imagine Xhaka put in the kinda performance Saka did again. Gave the ball away almost all of the few times he bothered to get involved. Hid most of the game. Offered absolutely nothing.

But hey, he flung the ball in the box a couple of times so 6/10.

It's actually mental, man. Genuinely never seen the like. He's like Trump in that his 'supporters' just point blank refuse to even conaider any fallibility

HCZ_Reborn
15-08-2022, 02:56 PM
You joke but those are actually the standards he's held to.

Imagine Xhaka put in the kinda performance Saka did again. Gave the ball away almost all of the few times he bothered to get involved. Hid most of the game. Offered absolutely nothing.

But hey, he flung the ball in the box a couple of times so 6/10.

It's actually mental, man. Genuinely never seen the like. He's like Trump in that his 'supporters' just point blank refuse to even conaider any fallibility

:haha:

You’re priceless….typical projection…you’re the obsessed one

Actually pretty much everyone has stated that Saka didn’t have a great game, that he was quiet and that far more of our attacking potential came down the left hand side

What you’re getting mocked for is seeing the horror show that Ramsdale had and still had to conclude that Saka was our worst player.

Saka didn’t have much influence on the game (he didn’t) …compared to what…being responsible for conceding two goals and being made to look like a cunt by Jamie Vardy. And I say this as someone who rates Ramsdale highly.

Or even Xhaka who despite having one of his better games in an Arsenal shirt still contrives to single handedly put us in the shit

I would have love to have seen any of your player ratings last season when Partey during autumn was absolutely smelling up the joint (to the point where the guy had the honesty to put his hand up and say he was playing poorly)